Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Gifu, Japan
Locale: Gifu, Japan
Publications305 found, 100 shown here
- Abe M, Yamasaki A, Ito N, Mizoguchi T, Asano M, Okano T, et al. Molecular characterization of rotaviruses in a Japanese raccoon dog (Nyctereutes procyonoides) and a masked palm civet (Paguma larvata) in Japan. Vet Microbiol. 2010;146:253-9 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the detection and characterization of rotaviruses in a Japanese raccoon dog and masked palm civet. These findings show that wild animals constitute a potential zoonotic risk of rotaviruses...
- Shimozawa N, Honda A, Kajiwara N, Kozawa S, Nagase T, Takemoto Y, et al. X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy: diagnostic and follow-up system in Japan. J Hum Genet. 2011;56:106-9 pubmed publisher..Further elucidation of pathology in ALD, especially concerning the mechanisms of the onset of brain involvement, is expected. ..
- Shimazawa M, Tanaka H, Ito Y, Morimoto N, Tsuruma K, Kadokura M, et al. An inducer of VGF protects cells against ER stress-induced cell death and prolongs survival in the mutant SOD1 animal models of familial ALS. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15307 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that VGF plays a critical role in motor neuron survival and may be a potential new therapeutic target for ALS, and SUN N8075 may become a potential therapeutic candidate for treatment of ALS. ..
- Tsurumi H, Hara T, Goto N, Kitagawa J, Kanemura N, Yoshikawa T, et al. A phase II study of rituximab combined with pirarubicin-cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisolone regimen as first-line therapy for patients with indolent B-cell lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012;53:247-53 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate the need for randomized trials of R-CHOP (rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisolone) and R-THP-COP among patients with CD20-positive indolent lymphoma. ..
- Endo S, Matsunaga T, Kanamori A, Otsuji Y, Nagai H, Sundaram K, et al. Selective inhibition of human type-5 17?-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C3) by baccharin, a component of Brazilian propolis. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:716-21 pubmed publisher..Additionally, 1 suppressed the proliferation of PC3 prostatic cancer cells stimulated by AKR1C3 overexpression. This study is the first demonstration that 1 is a highly selective inhibitor of AKR1C3. ..
- Goshima S, Kanematsu M, Kondo H, Watanabe H, Kawada H, Moriyama N, et al. Evaluation of optimal scan delay for gadoxetate disodium-enhanced hepatic arterial phase MRI using MR fluoroscopic triggering and slow injection technique. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013;201:578-82 pubmed publisher..01). Optimal scan delays for imaging hypervascular HCCs with gadoxetate disodium-enhanced hepatic arterial phase MRI was 7-12 seconds after the peak aortic enhancement using a slow-injection protocol. ..
- Kawasaki M, Tanaka R, Miyake T, Matsuoka R, Kaneda M, Minatoguchi S, et al. Estimated pulmonary capillary wedge pressure assessed by speckle tracking echocardiography predicts successful ablation in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2016;14:6 pubmed publisher..The ePCWP estimated by STE is useful to predict the successful ablation in paroxysmal AF, and could be useful to improve candidate selection for AF ablation. ..
- Komura S, Semi K, Itakura F, Shibata H, Ohno T, Hotta A, et al. An EWS-FLI1-Induced Osteosarcoma Model Unveiled a Crucial Role of Impaired Osteogenic Differentiation on Osteosarcoma Development. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:592-606 pubmed publisher..This in vitro cancer model using sarcoma iPSCs should provide a unique platform for dissecting relationships between the cancer genome and cellular differentiation. ..
- Hotta M, Sekine I, Imade S, Sano A. Evaluation of tapered-end toothbrush bristles regarding efficacy of access to occlusal fissures. J Clin Dent. 2002;13:225-7 pubmed..01) more effective in removing the artificial plaque material on the fissure area than the Group B brush for specific types and brush stroke directions. ..
- Oshita H, Tanemura H, Kanno A, Kusakabe M, Hato T, Tomita E, et al. Malignant lymphoma occurring in the residual stomach following gastrectomy: plus discussion based on the literature in Japan. Gastric Cancer. 2003;6:60-3 pubmed..Although malignant lymphoma occurring in the residual stomach following gastrectomy is rare, particular attention should be given to the possible presence of a malignant tumor when examining the residual stomach following gastrectomy. ..
- Matsumoto K, Sumi H, Shimizu K. Tibial osteochondroma causing foot pain mimicking tarsal tunnel syndrome: a case report. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2005;44:159-62 pubmed..This case emphasizes that the possibility of nerve compression needs to be considered in a patient with multiple hereditary osteochondromatosis and that tibial osteochondromas can be a cause of tarsal tunnel-like symptoms. ..
- Nakano M, Uno H, Gotoh T, Kubota Y, Ishihara S, Deguchi T, et al. Migration of prostate brachytherapy seeds to the vertebral venous plexus. Brachytherapy. 2006;5:127-30 pubmed..If seed migration to the pelvic area and the overlapped sacral bone area is found after brachytherapy, bone CT should be performed, especially when it is difficult to detect the seed in visceral CT. ..
- Kato Z, Yamagishi A, Kondo N. Interstitial deletion of 1q42.13-q43 with Duane retraction syndrome. J AAPOS. 2007;11:62-4 pubmed..13-43, contain possible candidate genes such as a homeobox gene. However, further clinical descriptions of patients with Duane syndrome and genetic investigations of the deleted regions are needed for a more accurate delineation. ..
- Fukao T, Zhang G, Aoki Y, Arai T, Teramoto T, Kaneko H, et al. Identification of Alu-mediated, large deletion-spanning introns 19-26 in PHKA2 in a patient with X-linked liver glycogenosis (hepatic phosphorylase kinase deficiency). Mol Genet Metab. 2007;92:179-82 pubmed..An aberrant cDNA with skipping of exons 20-26 was detected. Alu element-mediated unequal homologous recombination between an Alu-Jo in intron 19 and another Alu-Sg in intron 26 appears to be responsible for this deletion. ..
- Yamazaki K, Shimizu M, Okuno M, Matsushima Nishiwaki R, Kanemura N, Araki H, et al. Synergistic effects of RXR alpha and PPAR gamma ligands to inhibit growth in human colon cancer cells--phosphorylated RXR alpha is a critical target for colon cancer management. Gut. 2007;56:1557-63 pubmed..Therefore, the inhibition of phosphorylation of RX R alpha and the activation of the RXR-PPAR gamma heterodimer by their respective ligands may be useful in the chemoprevention and/or treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Fukao T, Zhang G, Rolland M, Zabot M, Guffon N, Aoki Y, et al. Identification of an Alu-mediated tandem duplication of exons 8 and 9 in a patient with mitochondrial acetoacetyl-CoA thiolase (T2) deficiency. Mol Genet Metab. 2007;92:375-8 pubmed..Alu element-mediated unequal homologous recombination between an Alu-Jo in intron 7 and another Alu-Jo in intron 9 appears to be responsible for this duplication. ..
- Kato H, Kanematsu M, Ando K, Mizuta K, Ito Y, Hirose Y, et al. Ossifying pleomorphic adenoma of the parotid gland: a case report and review. Australas Radiol. 2007;51 Suppl:B173-5 pubmed..We report an unusual case of ossifying pleomorphic adenoma arising from the deep lobe of the parotid gland in the parapharyngeal space...
- Yamashita K, Ohe N, Yoshimura S, Iwama T. Intracranial pial arteriovenous fistula. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2007;47:550-4 pubmed..To determine whether direct surgery or endovascular treatment is appropriate, the position and shape of the lesion must be known. ..
- Wakahara K, Ohno T, Kimura M, Masuda T, Nozawa S, Dohjima T, et al. EWS-Fli1 up-regulates expression of the Aurora A and Aurora B kinases. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:1937-45 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that the mitotic kinases Aurora A and Aurora B are regulated by EWS-Fli1 fusion protein in Ewing sarcoma cells. ..
- Watarai H, Kaku Y, Yamada M, Kokuzawa J, Tanaka T, Andoh T, et al. Follow-up study on in-stent thrombosis after carotid stenting using multidetector CT angiography. Neuroradiology. 2009;51:243-51 pubmed publisher..To avoid stent occlusion, both the acute and subacute phases following CAS (up to 12 weeks) call for the administration of appropriate anti-platelet therapy and careful observations of the patients. ..
- Kato T, Araki H, Onogi F, Ibuka T, Sugiyama A, Tomita E, et al. Clinical trial: rebamipide promotes gastric ulcer healing by proton pump inhibitor after endoscopic submucosal dissection--a randomized controlled study. J Gastroenterol. 2010;45:285-90 pubmed publisher..010). The combination of PPI plus rebamipide was more effective than the PPI alone for treating ulcers larger than 20 mm within 4 weeks after ESD. ..
- Egashira Y, Satow T, Masuda K, Okawa M, Ohnishi H, Okazaki T, et al. [Carotid artery stenting for radiation-induced carotid stenosis]. No Shinkei Geka. 2010;38:913-20 pubmed..Appropriate choice of a protection method could help in the reduction of unfavorable embolic complications and close postoperative follow up is mandatory. ..
- Horiuchi T, Nakamura M, Tsuchiya T. [Contribution of the pharmacists to self-care and primary care with nonprescription medications]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2010;130:1623-7 pubmed..In this review, social responsibility on the treatment with nonprescription medications and their information provided by the community pharmacists in future is discussed. ..
- Tanaka J, Nakanishi T, Ogawa K, Tsuruma K, Shimazawa M, Shimoda H, et al. Purple rice extract and anthocyanidins of the constituents protect against light-induced retinal damage in vitro and in vivo. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:528-36 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PRE and its anthocyanidins possess protective effects with antioxidation mechanism in both in vitro and in vivo models of retinal diseases...
- Kato H, Kanematsu M, Yokoi S, Miwa K, Horie K, Deguchi T, et al. Renal cell carcinoma associated with Xp11.2 translocation/TFE3 gene fusion: radiological findings mimicking papillary subtype. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011;33:217-20 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Xp11 translocation carcinoma should be considered, particularly in young patients when radiologic images demonstrate a renal tumor mimicking the papillary subtype. ..
- Kasahara S, Hara T, Tsurumi H, Goto N, Kitagawa J, Kanemura N, et al. Phase II study of the tetrahydropyranyl adriamycin-cyclophosphamide, vincristine, and prednisolone regimen combined with rituximab as first-line treatment for elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:629-34 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, a randomized controlled trial of rituximab-cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisolone (R-CHOP) and R-THP-COP as a phase III study is ongoing. ..
- Ohnishi H, Tochio H, Kato Z, Kawamoto N, Kimura T, Kubota K, et al. TRAM is involved in IL-18 signaling and functions as a sorting adaptor for MyD88. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38423 pubmed publisher..MyD88, the multifunctional signaling adaptor that works together with most of the TLR members and with the IL-1/IL-18 receptors, can interact with two distinct sorting adaptors, TRAM and Mal, in a conserved manner in a distinct context. ..
- Mochizuki K, Murase H, Yasuda Y, Suematsu H, Yamagishi Y, Mikamo H. Discrepancy of in-vitro data and clinical efficacy of micafungin against Candida tropicalis endophthalmitis. J Infect Chemother. 2012;18:786-9 pubmed publisher..tropicalis strain isolated from our patient was 0.03 lg/ml. This paradoxical effect of micafungin should be remembered, and b-D-glucan level should be frequently monitored after intravenous injection of micafungin. ..
- Yamada S, Kameyama T, Nagaya S, Hashizume Y, Yoshida M. Relapsing herpes simplex encephalitis: pathological confirmation of viral reactivation. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2003;74:262-4 pubmed..This is the first case report demonstrating HSV-1 antigen, HSV-1 DNA, and herpes simplex virus nucleocapsids in a case of relapsing herpes simplex encephalitis...
- Sugiyama M, Imai A, Furui T, Tamaya T. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone retards doxorubicin-induced apoptosis and serine/threonine phosphatase inhibition in ovarian cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2005;13:813-7 pubmed
- Miyauchi T, Takiya H, Sawamura T, Murakami E. Cardiac tamponade due to intrapericardial rupture of an amebic liver abscess. Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005;53:206-9 pubmed..Although no ameba was cultivated from the pus, the amebic serological test was positive. Metronidazole was administered and the patient was discharged 31 days after surgery...
- Inoue Murayama M, Mishima N, Hayasaka I, Ito S, Murayama Y. Divergence of ape and human monoamine oxidase A gene promoters: comparative analysis of polymorphisms, tandem repeat structures and transcriptional activities on reporter gene expression. Neurosci Lett. 2006;405:207-11 pubmed publisher..However, an intra-species difference dependent on the repeat number was not observed among the ape alleles examined...
- Yamada Y, Mori H. Multistep carcinogenesis of the colon in Apc(Min/+) mouse. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:6-10 pubmed
- Gom I, Fukushima H, Shiraki M, Miwa Y, Ando T, Takai K, et al. Relationship between serum albumin level and aging in community-dwelling self-supported elderly population. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2007;53:37-42 pubmed..2% in females aged 65-69 y and 3.1% in 85-89 y (p<0.05), but not in males. In conclusion, a fall in serum albumin concentration in community-dwelling, self-supported elderly persons was associated significantly with aging. ..
- Kobayashi H, Minatoguchi S, Yasuda S, Bao N, Kawamura I, Iwasa M, et al. Post-infarct treatment with an erythropoietin-gelatin hydrogel drug delivery system for cardiac repair. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;79:611-20 pubmed publisher..Post-MI treatment with an EPO-DDS improves LV remodelling and function by activating prosurvival signalling, antifibrosis, and angiogenesis without causing any side effect. ..
- Ito Y, Yamada M, Tanaka H, Aida K, Tsuruma K, Shimazawa M, et al. Involvement of CHOP, an ER-stress apoptotic mediator, in both human sporadic ALS and ALS model mice. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;36:470-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the up-regulation of CHOP in motor neurons and glial cells may play pivotal roles in the pathogenesis of ALS. ..
- Kondo H, Kanematsu M, Goshima S, Tomita Y, Kim M, Moriyama N, et al. Body size indexes for optimizing iodine dose for aortic and hepatic enhancement at multidetector CT: comparison of total body weight, lean body weight, and blood volume. Radiology. 2010;254:163-9 pubmed publisher..70, P < .001) groups as TBW increased. When LBW, rather than TBW or BV, is used, the iodine dose required to achieve consistent hepatic enhancement may be estimated more precisely and with reduced patient-to-patient variability. ..
- Minowa H, Hirayama K, Bando Y, Yasuhara H, Ohgitani A. Effective method for screening for respiratory inhibition after crying in infants. Pediatr Int. 2011;53:187-91 pubmed publisher..In order to establish an effective screening method for respiratory inhibition after crying (RIAC), we prospectively studied the correlations between infant RIAC and perinatal factors...
- Goshima S, Kanematsu M, Watanabe H, Kondo H, Shiratori Y, Onozuka M, et al. Hepatic hemangioma and metastasis: differentiation with gadoxetate disodium-enhanced 3-T MRI. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2010;195:941-6 pubmed publisher..Only a limited number of lesions smaller than 1 cm in diameter, which exhibited minimal enhancement on late dynamic phase images, were difficult to diagnose. ..
- Wada K, Nakamura K, Tamai Y, Tsuji M, Sahashi Y, Watanabe K, et al. Seaweed intake and blood pressure levels in healthy pre-school Japanese children. Nutr J. 2011;10:83 pubmed publisher..030). Our study showed that seaweed intake was negatively related to diastolic blood pressure in boys and to systolic blood pressure in girls. This suggests that seaweed might have beneficial effects on blood pressure among children. ..
- Kuribayashi K, Voss S, Nishiuma S, Arakawa K, Nogi Y, Mikami K, et al. Safety and effectiveness of pemetrexed in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma based on all-case drug-registry study. Lung Cancer. 2012;75:353-9 pubmed publisher..This large scale all case registry study appeared to have enrolled a major portion of Japanese MPM patients. Treatment with pemetrexed was generally well tolerated and showed safety and effectiveness comparable to prior clinical trials. ..
- Ohnishi R, Yasuda I, Kato T, Tanaka T, Kaneko Y, Suzuki T, et al. Combined endobronchial and endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration for mediastinal nodal staging of lung cancer. Endoscopy. 2011;43:1082-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this approach is strongly recommended before surgery or mediastinoscopy to avoid futile thoracotomy and surgical intervention. ..
- Shimazawa M, Ito Y, Inokuchi Y, Yamanaka H, Nakanishi T, Hayashi T, et al. An alteration in the lateral geniculate nucleus of experimental glaucoma monkeys: in vivo positron emission tomography imaging of glial activation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30526 pubmed publisher..Therefore, activated glial markers such as PBR in the LGN may be useful in noninvasive molecular imaging for diagnosis of glaucoma...
- Mizutani Y, Ito H, Iwamoto I, Morishita R, Kanoh H, Seishima M, et al. Possible role of a septin, SEPT1, in spreading in squamous cell carcinoma DJM-1 cells. Biol Chem. 2013;394:281-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SEPT1 may participate in cell-cell and/or cell-substrate interaction in DJM-1 and exert its function in a coordinated manner with other septins. ..
- Ikeda S, Takahashi H, Suga Y, Eto H, Etoh T, Okuma K, et al. Therapeutic depletion of myeloid lineage leukocytes in patients with generalized pustular psoriasis indicates a major role for neutrophils in the immunopathogenesis of psoriasis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013;68:609-617 pubmed publisher..This study was unblinded and without a placebo arm. GMA in this clinical setting was safe and effective, suggested a major role for granulocytes/monocytes in the immunopathogenesis of GPP. ..
- Iida K, Takeda Kawaguchi T, Hada M, Yuriguchi M, Aoki H, Tamaoki N, et al. Hypoxia-enhanced derivation of iPSCs from human dental pulp cells. J Dent Res. 2013;92:905-10 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that hypoxia, when optimized for cell type, is a simple and useful tool to enhance the reprogramming of somatic cells to become iPSCs. ..
- Miyake Y, Tanaka K, Fukushima W, Kiyohara C, Sasaki S, Tsuboi Y, et al. PARK16 polymorphisms, interaction with smoking, and sporadic Parkinson's disease in Japan. J Neurol Sci. 2016;362:47-52 pubmed publisher..New evidence of an additive interaction between SNP rs823156 and smoking is suggested. ..
- Suetsugu A, Matsumoto T, Hasegawa K, Nakamura M, Kunisada T, Shimizu M, et al. Color-coded Live Imaging of Heterokaryon Formation and Nuclear Fusion of Hybridizing Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3827-31 pubmed..The ability to image the complex processes following cell fusion using reciprocal color-coded cancer cells will allow greater understanding of the genetic basis of malignancy. ..
- Nakanishi M, Goto Y, Kitade Y. 2-5A induces a conformational change in the ankyrin-repeat domain of RNase L. Proteins. 2005;60:131-8 pubmed..These results indicated that the ankyrin-repeat domain of RNase L constricts its structure by binding of 2-5A. This observation suggests a revised model of the 2-5A-induced activation of RNase L. ..
- Umemoto T, Li M, Namikawa I. Adherence of human oral spirochetes by collagen-binding proteins. Microbiol Immunol. 1997;41:917-23 pubmed..denticola to the collagen-coated surfaces was significantly greater than that of T. medium, suggesting that the CBPs on the oral spirochetal cells play an important role in their adherence to collagen-rich connective tissues of the host...
- Arimitsu E, Aoki S, Ishikura S, Nakanishi K, Matsuura K, Hara A. Cloning and sequencing of the cDNA species for mammalian dimeric dihydrodiol dehydrogenases. Biochem J. 1999;342 Pt 3:721-8 pubmed..Thus dimeric dihydrodiol dehydrogenase has a primary structure distinct from the previously known mammalian enzymes and is suggested to constitute a novel protein family with the prokaryotic proteins. ..
- Ichiki Y, Akiyama T, Shimozawa N, Suzuki Y, Kondo N, Kitajima Y. An extremely severe case of cutaneous calcinosis with juvenile dermatomyositis, and successful treatment with diltiazem. Br J Dermatol. 2001;144:894-7 pubmed..These nodules gradually increased in size despite continual therapy with steroids and aluminium hydroxide. Treatment with diltiazem completely suppressed the development of calcinosis. ..
- Osawa Y, Nagaki M, Banno Y, Brenner D, Nozawa Y, Moriwaki H, et al. Expression of the NF-kappa B target gene X-ray-inducible immediate early response factor-1 short enhances TNF-alpha-induced hepatocyte apoptosis by inhibiting Akt activation. J Immunol. 2003;170:4053-60 pubmed..Moreover, the reciprocal cross-talk between IEX-1S and PI3K/Akt may closely be involved in the regulation of TNF-alpha-induced hepatocyte apoptosis. ..
- Suzuki F, Hayakawa M, Nakagawa T, Nasir U, Ebihara A, Iwasawa A, et al. Human prorenin has "gate and handle" regions for its non-proteolytic activation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22217-22 pubmed..These results indicate that prorenin has "gate" (T7PFKR10P) and "handle" (I11PFLKR15P) regions critical for its non-proteolytic activation. ..
- Tanaka K, Mikamo H, Ninomiya M, Tamaya T, Izumi K, Ito K, et al. Microbiology of Bartholin's gland abscess in Japan. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:4258-61 pubmed..The organisms related to respiratory infectious diseases, such as Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae, including resistant bacteria, were sometimes involved between 2000 and 2004. ..
- Kagawa T, Takemura G, Kosai K, Murata I, Ohno T, Takahashi T, et al. Hepatocyte growth factor gene therapy slows down the progression of diabetic nephropathy in db/db mice. Nephron Physiol. 2006;102:p92-102 pubmed..The present findings suggest that the HGF gene delivery can be a novel therapeutic approach against diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Yamada K, Fukao T, Zhang G, Sakurai S, Ruiter J, Wanders R, et al. Single-base substitution at the last nucleotide of exon 6 (c.671G>A), resulting in the skipping of exon 6, and exons 6 and 7 in human succinyl-CoA:3-ketoacid CoA transferase (SCOT) gene. Mol Genet Metab. 2007;90:291-7 pubmed..On the other hand, SCOT mRNA with exons 6 and 7 is a minor transcript but it retains the reading-frame and is stable in cytosol. As a result, the latter mRNA is more abundant under steady-state conditions as compared to the former mRNA. ..
- Funato M, Kaneko H, Matsui E, Teramoto T, Kato Z, Fukao T, et al. Refractory osteomyelitis caused by bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccination: a case report. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2007;59:89-91 pubmed..The gyrB DNA direct sequencing, followed by restriction fragment length polymorphism of genomic DNA from a biopsy sample of the lesion, made diagnosis rapid. ..
- Neri P, Tokoro S, Yokoyama S, Miura T, Murata T, Nishida Y, et al. Monovalent Gb3-/Gb2-derivatives conjugated with a phosphatidyl residue: a novel class of Shiga toxin-neutralizing agent. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1697-701 pubmed..We propose monovalent Gb(3)-/Gb(2)-derivatives conjugated with phosphatidyl residue as a novel class of Stx-neutralizing agent. ..
- Hayashi Y, Sakurai T, Kimura A, Ikeda T, Matsuyama Z, Suzuki Y, et al. Selective cauda equina hypertrophy with idiopathic inflammation. Muscle Nerve. 2008;38:1065-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first case of selective cauda equina hypertrophy with idiopathic inflammation. We propose that this is a new disease entity. ..
- Yasui H, Kubota M, Iguchi K, Usui S, Kiho T, Hirano K. Membrane trafficking of aquaporin 3 induced by epinephrine. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:613-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PKC modulates the trafficking of AQP3. ..
- Arai T, Kaneko H, Ohnishi H, Matsui E, Fukao T, Kawamoto N, et al. Hypothermia augments NF-kappaB activity and the production of IL-12 and IFN-gamma. Allergol Int. 2008;57:331-8 pubmed publisher..Hypothermia up-regulated the expression of IL-12 and IFN-gamma due to the augmented NF-kappaB activity. It is suggested that hypothermia modifies the pattern of cytokine gene expression. ..
- Enya M, Horikawa Y, Kuroda E, Yonemaru K, Tonooka N, Tomura H, et al. Mutations in the small heterodimer partner gene increase morbidity risk in Japanese type 2 diabetes patients. Hum Mutat. 2008;29:E271-7 pubmed publisher..029, odds ratio 2.67, 95% CI 1.05-6.81, 1-beta=0.91). We conclude that SHP mutations associated with mild obesity in childhood increase susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in later life in Japanese. ..
- Ishimaru D, Ogawa H, Sumi H, Sumi Y, Shimizu K. Lower extremity injuries in snowboarding. J Trauma. 2011;70:E48-52 pubmed publisher..Lower extremity injuries in snowboarding differ considerably from well-known upper extremity injuries in terms of injury types and mechanisms. The incidence of lower extremity injuries is high and deserves further attention. ..
- Yoshioka T, Kimura M, Saio M, Era S, Okano Y. Plk1 is negatively regulated by RNF8. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:57-61 pubmed publisher..Conversely, Plk1 in normal cell lines was lower than in cancer cell lines. These results suggest that RNF8 is downregulated in many cancer cells and inversely correlated with Plk1. ..
- Bai Y, Muqier -, Murakami H, Iwasa M, Sumi S, Yamada Y, et al. Cilostazol protects the heart against ischaemia reperfusion injury in a rabbit model of myocardial infarction: focus on adenosine, nitric oxide and mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channels. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2011;38:658-65 pubmed publisher..Cilostazol might provide a new strategy for the treatment of coronary heart disease. ..
- Iwama M, Kawasaki M, Tanaka R, Ono K, Watanabe T, Hirose T, et al. Left atrial appendage emptying fraction assessed by a feature-tracking echocardiographic method is a determinant of thrombus in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. J Cardiol. 2012;59:329-36 pubmed publisher..The VVI method was reliable in the measurement of LAAEF and LAEF compared with the manual-tracing method. LAAEF assessed by the VVI method using TEE was related to the presence of LAA thrombus. ..
- Matsunaga T, Hosogai M, Arakaki M, Endo S, El Kabbani O, Hara A. 9,10-phenanthrenequinone induces monocytic differentiation of U937 cells through regulating expression of aldo-keto reductase 1C3. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35:1598-602 pubmed..These results suggest that ROS formation during 9,10-PQ treatment acutely leads to apoptosis of U937 cells and the initiation of monocytic differentiation, which proceeds after the provisional overexpression of AKR1C3. ..
- Yamamoto T, Sawada A, Mayama C, Araie M, Ohkubo S, Sugiyama K, et al. The 5-year incidence of bleb-related infection and its risk factors after filtering surgeries with adjunctive mitomycin C: collaborative bleb-related infection incidence and treatment study 2. Ophthalmology. 2014;121:1001-6 pubmed publisher..Bleb leakage and younger age were the main risk factors for infections. ..
- Okuno M, Adachi S, Kozawa O, Shimizu M, Yasuda I. The Clinical Significance of Phosphorylated Heat Shock Protein 27 (HSPB1) in Pancreatic Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the role of phosphorylated HSP27, as well as HSP27, in the regulation of chemosensitivity in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Yamaguchi J, Kaneoka Y, Maeda A, Takayama Y, Onoe S, Isogai M. Positive surgical margins in surgically treated unifocal and multifocal IPMN. Int J Surg. 2016;28:51-5 pubmed publisher..031), it was not in multifocal IPMN (pÂ =Â 0.90). Positive surgical margins are frequently found in multifocal IPMNs and might include false positive margins. ..
- Ishimaru D, Gotoh M, Takayama S, Kosaki R, Matsumoto Y, Narimatsu H, et al. Large-scale mutational analysis in the EXT1 and EXT2 genes for Japanese patients with multiple osteochondromas. BMC Genet. 2016;17:52 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we identified 22 novel EXT1 and EXT2 mutations in this Japanese MO cohort. This study represents the variety of genotype in MO. ..
- Ishii K, Usui S, Sugimura Y, Yoshida S, Hioki T, Tatematsu M, et al. Aminopeptidase N regulated by zinc in human prostate participates in tumor cell invasion. Int J Cancer. 2001;92:49-54 pubmed..Thus, highly expressed AP-N in human cancerous prostate probably plays an important role in the invasion and metastasis of prostate cancer cells. ..
- Shinoda J, Sakai N, Murase S, Yano H, Matsuhisa T, Funakoshi T. Selection of eligible patients with supratentorial glioblastoma multiforme for gross total resection. J Neurooncol. 2001;52:161-71 pubmed..In Stage III, radical gross total tumor resection is not recommended at present...
- Takemoto Y, Suzuki Y, Tamakoshi A, Onodera O, Tsuji S, Hashimoto T, et al. Epidemiology of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy in Japan. J Hum Genet. 2002;47:590-3 pubmed..The family histories revealed that brothers and first cousins tended to show similar phenotypes, whereas nephews tended to develop symptoms earlier than uncles. These data will help in understanding the natural history of X-linked ALD. ..
- Matsuyama Z, Murase M, Shimizu H, Aoki Y, Hayashi M, Hozumi I, et al. A novel insertion mutation of acetazolamide-responsive episodic ataxia in a Japanese family. J Neurol Sci. 2003;210:91-3 pubmed..This mutation is estimated to cause early stop of the gene transcription, producing a truncated protein. This is the first report of episodic ataxia type 2 of which the mutation was identified in a Japanese family. ..
- Taniguchi M, Kamei S, Takeuchi T, Sakai S, Deguchi T. Successful management of lower pole moiety ureteropelvic junction obstruction in a partially duplicated collecting system using retrograde endoureteropyelotomy with the Holmium:YAG laser. Int J Urol. 2005;12:313-5 pubmed..To our knowledge, we report the first case of this entity managed successfully by retrograde endoureteropyelotomy without a percutaneous approach. ..
- Ueda H, Nagae R, Kozawa M, Morishita R, Kimura S, Nagase T, et al. Heterotrimeric G protein betagamma subunits stimulate FLJ00018, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac1 and Cdc42. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1946-53 pubmed..These results provide evidence for a signaling pathway by which G(i)-coupled receptor specifically induces Rac and Cdc42 activation through direct interaction of Gbetagamma with FLJ00018. ..
- Yano H, Ohe N, Shinoda J, Yoshimura S, Iwama T. Immunohistochemical study concerning the origin of neurocytoma--a case report. Pathol Oncol Res. 2009;15:301-5 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the tumor growth was due to a rapid decline of the Musashi 1-positive cells to glial differentiation. These cells may be candidates for the origin of the tumor...
- Aoki H, Hara A, Niwa M, Yamada Y, Kunisada T. In vitro and in vivo differentiation of human embryonic stem cells into retina-like organs and comparison with that from mouse pluripotent epiblast stem cells. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2266-79 pubmed publisher..hESC-derived retina-like structures present a novel therapeutic possibility for retinal diseases and also provide a novel experimental system to study early human eye development. ..
- Adachi S, Shimizu M, Shirakami Y, Yamauchi J, Natsume H, Matsushima Nishiwaki R, et al. (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate downregulates EGF receptor via phosphorylation at Ser1046/1047 by p38 MAPK in colon cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:1544-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that phosphorylation of EGFR at serine 1046/1047 via activation of p38 MAPK plays a pivotal role in EGCG-induced downregulation of EGFR in colon cancer cells. ..
- Inagaki M, Yamamoto M, Xijier -, Cairangzhuoma -, Uchida K, Yamaguchi H, et al. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of the efficacy of bovine colostrum against human rotavirus infection. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:680-2 pubmed..SCBLC from normal cows might be useful in the prevention of HRV-induced severe gastroenteritis in immunocompromised hosts...
- Iida K, Takeda Kawaguchi T, Tezuka Y, Kunisada T, Shibata T, Tezuka K. Hypoxia enhances colony formation and proliferation but inhibits differentiation of human dental pulp cells. Arch Oral Biol. 2010;55:648-54 pubmed publisher..This simple method will increase the possibility to obtain living hDPCs from damaged and/or aged tissues, from which it is ordinarily difficult to isolate living stem cells with differentiation capability. ..
- Tsuchiya H, Ohmoto S. Comparative effects of Î²-carbolines on platelet aggregation and lipid membranes. Pharmacol Rep. 2010;62:689-95 pubmed..Carbolines are considered to be effective antiplatelet agents that inhibit human platelet aggregation by interacting with lipid membranes to modify fluidity. ..
- Fukuta S, Miyamoto K, Suzuki K, Maehara H, Inoue T, Hara A, et al. Abundance of calpain and aggrecan-cleavage products of calpain in degenerated human intervertebral discs. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2011;19:1254-62 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that calpains may be involved in IVD degeneration via proteoglycan (PG) cleavage. ..
- Kawaguchi J, Adachi S, Yasuda I, Yamauchi T, Nakashima M, Ohno T, et al. Cisplatin and ultra-violet-C synergistically down-regulate receptor tyrosine kinases in human colorectal cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:45 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide a novel strategy for the treatment of patients with colorectal cancer. ..
- Hori T, Fukao T, Murase K, Sakaguchi N, Harding C, Kondo N. Molecular basis of two-exon skipping (exons 12 and 13) by c.1248+5g>a in OXCT1 gene: study on intermediates of OXCT1 transcripts in fibroblasts. Hum Mutat. 2013;34:473-80 pubmed publisher..This "splicing paralysis" may be solved by skipping the whole intron 11-exon 12-intron 12-exon 13-mutated intron 13, resulting in skipping of exons 12 and 13. ..
- Tanaka J, Kadekaru T, Ogawa K, Hitoe S, Shimoda H, Hara H. Maqui berry (Aristotelia chilensis) and the constituent delphinidin glycoside inhibit photoreceptor cell death induced by visible light. Food Chem. 2013;139:129-37 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that MBE and its anthocyanidins suppress the light-induced photoreceptor cell death by inhibiting ROS production, suggesting that the inhibition of phosphorylated-p38 may be involved in the underlying mechanism...
- Fukao T, Aoyama Y, Murase K, Hori T, Harijan R, Wierenga R, et al. Development of MLPA for human ACAT1 gene and identification of a heterozygous Alu-mediated deletion of exons 3 and 4 in a patient with mitochondrial acetoacetyl-CoA thiolase (T2) deficiency. Mol Genet Metab. 2013;110:184-7 pubmed publisher..Using this method, we identified a heterozygous deletion including exons 3-4 in a third patient, likely due to Alu-mediated non-equal homologous recombination between Alu sequences. ..