Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Fukuoka, Japan
Locale: Fukuoka, Japan
Publications611 found, 100 shown here
- Kajiyama K, Murakami T, Suzuki A. Comparison of orthodontic and orthopedic effects of a modified maxillary protractor between deciduous and early mixed dentitions. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2004;126:23-32 pubmed..The clinical effects of MPBA treatment were greater in the deciduous-dentition group than in the early-mixed-dentition group. ..
- Ohshima K, Karube K, Kawano R, Tsuchiya T, Suefuji H, Yamaguchi T, et al. Classification of distinct subtypes of peripheral T-cell lymphoma unspecified, identified by chemokine and chemokine receptor expression: Analysis of prognosis. Int J Oncol. 2004;25:605-13 pubmed..The prognosis was poor for ATLL, intermediate for AILD and favorable for ALCL (P=0.0014). Among PTCL-U, CCR4 type, CXCR3 type and CCR3 type had prognoses equivalent to ATLL, AILD and ALCL, respectively (P<0.0001). ..
- Fukuda J, Okamura K, Ishihara K, Mizumoto H, Nakazawa K, Ijima H, et al. Differentiation effects by the combination of spheroid formation and sodium butyrate treatment in human hepatoblastoma cell line (Hep G2): a possible cell source for hybrid artificial liver. Cell Transplant. 2005;14:819-27 pubmed..These results suggest that simultaneous use of spheroid formation and SB treatment in Hep G2 is beneficial in enhancing the functions of human hepatocytes with potential applications in regenerative medicine and drug screening. ..
- Shiroishi M, Kajikawa M, Kuroki K, Ose T, Kohda D, Maenaka K. Crystal structure of the human monocyte-activating receptor, "Group 2" leukocyte Ig-like receptor A5 (LILRA5/LIR9/ILT11). J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19536-44 pubmed..These results raised the possibility that LILRA5 as well as Group 2 LILRs do not play a role in any MHCI recognition but could possibly bind to non-MHCI ligand(s) on the target cells to provide a novel immune regulation mechanism. ..
- Kondo H, Qin M, Kusaka S, Tahira T, Hasebe H, Hayashi H, et al. Novel mutations in Norrie disease gene in Japanese patients with Norrie disease and familial exudative vitreoretinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1276-82 pubmed..The X-inactivation assay with leukocytes may not be predictive of the presence of a mutation in affected female carriers. ..
- Suminoe A, Matsuzaki A, Hattori H, Koga Y, Ishii E, Hara T. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) and tissue inhibitor of MMP (TIMP) genes in blasts of infant acute lymphoblastic leukemia with organ involvement. Leuk Res. 2007;31:1437-40 pubmed..005 and 0.009) and between CNS involvement and the MMP-2/TIMP-2 ratio (p=0.012). The results suggest that MMP/TIMP balance is closely related to the infiltration of leukemia cells into extramedullary organs. ..
- Mawatari S, Okuma Y, Fujino T. Separation of intact plasmalogens and all other phospholipids by a single run of high-performance liquid chromatography. Anal Biochem. 2007;370:54-9 pubmed..The HPLC method, as applied to the study of peroxidation in human erythrocytes by a hydroperoxide, demonstrated that pl-PEs were targeted twice as much as their diacyl analogues...
- Matsushima A, Teramoto T, Okada H, Liu X, Tokunaga T, Kakuta Y, et al. ERRgamma tethers strongly bisphenol A and 4-alpha-cumylphenol in an induced-fit manner. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:408-13 pubmed publisher..0 A crystal structure of the 4-alpha-cumylphenol/ERRgamma complex clearly revealed that ERRgamma's Leu345-beta-isopropyl plays a role in the tight binding of 4-alpha-cumylphenol and BPA, rotating in a back-and-forth induced-fit manner. ..
- Shi X, Yasumoto S, Nakagawa E, Fukasawa T, Uchiya S, Hirose S. Missense mutation of the sodium channel gene SCN2A causes Dravet syndrome. Brain Dev. 2009;31:758-62 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that both nonsense mutations and missense SCN2A mutations cause Dravet syndrome. ..
- Yabuuchi H, Hatakenaka M, Takayama K, Matsuo Y, Sunami S, Kamitani T, et al. Non-small cell lung cancer: detection of early response to chemotherapy by using contrast-enhanced dynamic and diffusion-weighted MR imaging. Radiology. 2011;261:598-604 pubmed publisher..67 months (P = .021), while median overall survival was 22.4 and 12.3 months, respectively (P = .048). ADC seems to be a promising tool for monitoring the early response to or predicting prognosis after chemotherapy of NSCLC. ..
- Arung E, Shimizu K, Kondo R. Artocarpus plants as a potential source of skin whitening agents. Nat Prod Commun. 2011;6:1397-402 pubmed..These results indicate that the extracts of Artocarpus plants are potential sources for skin whitening agents. ..
- Morodomi Y, Yano T, Kinoh H, Harada Y, Saito S, Kyuragi R, et al. BioKnife, a uPA activity-dependent oncolytic Sendai virus, eliminates pleural spread of malignant mesothelioma via simultaneous stimulation of uPA expression. Mol Ther. 2012;20:769-77 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results suggest a proof of concept that the tumor cell-killing mechanism via BioKnife may have significant potential to treat patients with MPM that is characterized by frequent uPAR expression in a clinical setting. ..
- Miyake M, Nakajima H, Hemmi A, Yahiro M, Adachi C, Soh N, et al. Performance of an organic photodiode as an optical detector and its application to fluorometric flow-immunoassay for IgA. Talanta. 2012;96:132-9 pubmed publisher..The detection limits for resorufin and IgA were 5.0?M and 16ng/mL, respectively. The photosensitivity of the OPD remained relatively constant for a minimum of one year...
- Yotsumoto F, Tokunaga E, Oki E, Maehara Y, Yamada H, Nakajima K, et al. Molecular hierarchy of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor-regulated angiogenesis in triple-negative breast cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:506-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that HB-EGF plays a pivotal role in the acquisition of tumor aggressiveness in TNBC by orchestrating a molecular hierarchy regulating tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Ito T, Igarashi H, Jensen R. Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: clinical features, diagnosis and medical treatment: advances. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2012;26:737-53 pubmed publisher..The other aspects of the management of these tumors (surgery, treatment of advanced disease, tumor localization) are not dealt with here, because they are covered in other chapters in this volume...
- Maeda T, Yuzawa S, Suzuki A, Baba Y, Nishimura Y, Kato Y. RhoA mediates the expression of acidic extracellular pH-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 mRNA through phospholipase D1 in mouse metastatic B16-BL6 melanoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:1251-7 pubmed publisher..In contrast, PLD2 inhibition or knockout had no effect on MMP-9 expression. These findings suggested that RhoA-PLD1 signaling is involved in acidic pHe induction of MMP-9. ..
- Ueda N, Maehara Y, Tajima O, Tabata S, Wakabayashi K, Kono S. Genetic polymorphisms of cyclooxygenase-2 and colorectal adenoma risk: the Self Defense Forces Health Study. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:576-81 pubmed publisher..Another haplotype of -1195A, -765C and 8160A alleles showed an adjusted OR of 0.22 (95% CI 0.06-0.88). These findings add to evidence for the role of COX-2 in colorectal carcinogenesis and warrant further studies focusing on haplotypes. ..
- Doi Y, Ninomiya T, Hata J, Yonemoto K, Tanizaki Y, Arima H, et al. Seroprevalence of herpes simplex virus 1 and 2 in a population-based cohort in Japan. J Epidemiol. 2009;19:56-62 pubmed..It is hoped that the estimates produced in this study will help in understanding the burden of these infections in Japan. ..
- Sekiguchi T, Nohiro Y, Nakamura Y, Hisamoto N, Nishimoto T. The human CCG1 gene, essential for progression of the G1 phase, encodes a 210-kilodalton nuclear DNA-binding protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:3317-25 pubmed..Consistent with these predictions, CCG1 was present in nuclei, possessed DNA-binding activity, and was eluted with similar concentrations of salt, 0.3 to 0.4 M NaCl either from isolated nuclei or from a DNA-cellulose column. ..
- Nakayama K, Kadowaki T, Okamoto K, Yamamoto K. Construction and characterization of arginine-specific cysteine proteinase (Arg-gingipain)-deficient mutants of Porphyromonas gingivalis. Evidence for significant contribution of Arg-gingipain to virulence. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:23619-26 pubmed..gingivalis, indicating that a major part of the hemagglutinin activity of the organism is associated with the two genes. These findings demonstrate that Arg-gingipain makes a significant contribution to the virulence of P. gingivalis...
- Sugio K, Inoue T, Inoue K, Tateishi M, Ishida T, Sugimachi K. Neurogenic tumors of the mediastinum originated from the vagus nerve. Eur J Surg Oncol. 1995;21:214-6 pubmed..Surgical resection is recommended, not only to confirm the nature of the lesion, but also to prevent further growth and compression on adjacent structures. For benign encapsulated neurogenic tumors, resection is curative...
- Tanaka S, Sugimachi K, Kawaguchi H, Saeki H, Ohno S, Wands J. Grb7 signal transduction protein mediates metastatic progression of esophageal carcinoma. J Cell Physiol. 2000;183:411-5 pubmed..Our results suggest a role of Grb7 mediated signal transduction in generation of an invasive cell phenotype against extracellular matrix, and thus contributes to metastatic progression of human esophageal carcinoma. ..
- Tajima T, Funakoshi A, Ikeda Y, Hachitanda Y, Yamaguchi M, Yokota M, et al. Nonfunctioning adrenal rest tumor of the liver: radiologic appearance. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2001;25:98-101 pubmed..Adrenal rest tumors should be included in the lists of hypervascular or fat-containing masses in the liver...
- Ochi H, Horiuchi I, Araki N, Toda T, Araki T, Sato K, et al. Proteomic analysis of human brain identifies alpha-enolase as a novel autoantigen in Hashimoto's encephalopathy. FEBS Lett. 2002;528:197-202 pubmed
- Alam T, Kanki T, Muta T, Ukaji K, Abe Y, Nakayama H, et al. Human mitochondrial DNA is packaged with TFAM. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:1640-5 pubmed..Based on the fact that TFAM is abundant enough to wrap mtDNA entirely, these results suggest that human mtDNA is packaged with TFAM. ..
- Fukuda T, Ashizuka M, Nakamura T, Shibahara K, Maeda K, Izumi H, et al. Characterization of the 5'-untranslated region of YB-1 mRNA and autoregulation of translation by YB-1 protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:611-22 pubmed..Thus, our findings provide evidence for the autoregulation of YB-1 mRNA translation via the 5'-UTR. ..
- Iwai K, Yao T, Nakamura S, Matsumoto T, Nishiyama K, Iida M, et al. Multiple gastric carcinoids and endocrine cell micronests in type A gastritis: Nuclear morphometric and immunohistochemical analysis. Oncol Rep. 2005;13:397-404 pubmed..Nuclear morphometry and bcl-2 immunoexpression are useful parameters for the distinction of neoplastic ECMs from hyperplastic ECMs. ..
- Saitoh N, Tsuboi Y, Fujiki F, Yamada T. [A case of pseudo Tolosa-Hunt syndrome with bacterial infection and literature review]. No To Shinkei. 2005;57:1079-82 pubmed..It is speculated that bacterial infection might cause clinical features mimicking Tolosa-Hunt syndrome in our case. ..
- Yoshida S, Yamaji Y, Yoshida A, Kuwahara R, Yamamoto K, Kubata T, et al. Novel triple missense mutations of GUCY2D gene in Japanese family with cone-rod dystrophy: possible use of genotyping microarray. Mol Vis. 2006;12:1558-64 pubmed
- Noda M, Sasaki K, Ifuku M, Wada K. Multifunctional effects of bradykinin on glial cells in relation to potential anti-inflammatory effects. Neurochem Int. 2007;51:185-91 pubmed..These observations may help to understand the paradox on the role of kinins in the central nervous system and may be useful for therapeutic strategy. ..
- Hirota Y, Kuronita T, Fujita H, Tanaka Y. A role for Rab5 activity in the biogenesis of endosomal and lysosomal compartments. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:40-7 pubmed..Thus, our findings suggest a regulatory role for Rab5 in not only the early endocytic pathway, but also the late endocytic pathway, of membrane trafficking in coordination with PI(3)K activity. ..
- Matsushita A, Nakashima Y, Jingushi S, Yamamoto T, Kuraoka A, Iwamoto Y. Effects of the femoral offset and the head size on the safe range of motion in total hip arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2009;24:646-51 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the effectiveness of femoral offset was driven by delayed osseous impingement. ..
- Tamai S, Iida H, Yokota S, Sayano T, Kiguchiya S, Ishihara N, et al. Characterization of the mitochondrial protein LETM1, which maintains the mitochondrial tubular shapes and interacts with the AAA-ATPase BCS1L. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2588-600 pubmed publisher..BCS1L knockdown caused disassembly of the respiratory chains as well as LETM1 downregulation and induced distinct changes in mitochondrial morphology. ..
- Takaya T, Kasatani K, Noguchi S, Nikawa J. Functional analyses of immediate early gene ETR101 expressed in yeast. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1653-60 pubmed..The E2F1 gene product (E2F1) is known to bind to and activate the ISYNA1 promoter. In a manner similar to E2F1, ETR101 binds to and activates the ISYNA1 promoter. ..
- Tanihara S, Okamoto E, Une H. A comparison of disease-specific medical expenditures in Japan using the principal diagnosis method and the proportional distribution method. J Eval Clin Pract. 2012;18:616-22 pubmed publisher..The conventional method for estimation of disease-specific medical expenditures should be improved by utilizing all the diagnoses information on HICs. ..
- Lim H, Matsumoto N, Cho B, Hong J, Yamashita M, Hashizume M, et al. Semi-manual mastoidectomy assisted by human-robot collaborative control - A temporal bone replica study. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2016;43:161-5 pubmed publisher..5mm margin, which was almost the same as the pre-set safety margin of 3mm. Semi-manual drilling using human-robot collaborative control was feasible, and may hold a realistic prospect of clinical use in the near future. ..
- Tashiro K, Hagiya M, Nishizawa T, Seki T, Shimonishi M, Shimizu S, et al. Deduced primary structure of rat hepatocyte growth factor and expression of the mRNA in rat tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:3200-4 pubmed..Northern blot analysis revealed that HGF mRNA was expressed in rat various tissues, including the liver, kidney, lung, and brain. ..
- Tsuchiya Y, Hattori M, Hayashida K, Ishibashi H, Okubo H, Sakaki Y. Sequence analysis of the putative regulatory region of rat alpha 2-macroglobulin gene. Gene. 1987;57:73-80 pubmed..Particularly, a sequence (T/A)T(C/G)TGGGA(A/T) was found about at 170 bp upstream from a putative capping site, which was also found in the 5'flanking region of various acute-phase reactant genes. ..
- Yoshida S, Kumano Y, Yoshida A, Numa S, Yabe N, Hisatomi T, et al. Two brothers with gelatinous drop-like dystrophy at different stages of the disease: role of mutational analysis. Am J Ophthalmol. 2002;133:830-2 pubmed..Molecular genetic analysis revealed that M1S1 was homozygously mutated in both brothers (Q118X). The Q118X mutation of the M1S1 gene can produce either a gelatinous drop-like region or band-shaped opacities. ..
- Kunisaki Y, Goto H, Kitagawa K, Nagano M. Salazosulfapyridine induced hypersensitivity syndrome associated with reactivation of humanherpes virus 6. Intern Med. 2003;42:203-7 pubmed..We suggest that HHV-6 IgG titer is one of the modalities for the diagnosis and the prediction of the clinical course of HS...
- Saito K, Yajima T, Nishimura H, Aiba K, Ishimitsu R, Matsuguchi T, et al. Soluble branched beta-(1,4)glucans from Acetobacter species show strong activities to induce interleukin-12 in vitro and inhibit T-helper 2 cellular response with immunoglobulin E production in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38571-8 pubmed..AC-1, a soluble branched beta-(1,4)glucan may be useful in prevention and treatment of allergic disorders With IgE production...
- Arita T, Kubota S, Okamoto K, Kuma F, Nakasuga K, Koga H, et al. Bezold-Jarisch-like reflex during Brockenbrough's procedure for radiofrequency catheter ablation of focal left atrial fibrillation: report of two cases. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2003;8:195-202 pubmed..This is speculated to be attributable to the elevation of vagal tone caused by the mechanical effects of transseptal puncture on the interatrial vagal network. ..
- Kawaguchi K, Oda Y, Saito T, Yamamoto H, Takahira T, Tamiya S, et al. Death-associated protein kinase (DAP kinase) alteration in soft tissue leiomyosarcoma: Promoter methylation or homozygous deletion is associated with a loss of DAP kinase expression. Hum Pathol. 2004;35:1266-71 pubmed..Furthermore, although further detailed analyses are necessary, promoter methylation or homozygous deletion status of DAP kinase may present a major alternative mechanism of a loss of or decrease in DAP kinase expression. ..
- Sera H, Shimoda T, Ozeki S, Honda T. A case of chondroma of the tongue. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2005;34:99-100 pubmed..This report presents the case of a 17-year-old man with chondroma arising at the center of the tongue...
- Oda S, Maehara Y, Ikeda Y, Oki E, Egashira A, Okamura Y, et al. Two modes of microsatellite instability in human cancer: differential connection of defective DNA mismatch repair to dinucleotide repeat instability. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:1628-36 pubmed..The relationship between MSI and defective mismatch repair may be more complex than hitherto suspected. ..
- Yamazaki J, Okamura K, Ishibashi K, Kitamura K. Characterization of CLCA protein expressed in ductal cells of rat salivary glands. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1715:132-44 pubmed
- Oishi Y, Kiyohara Y, Kubo M, Tanaka K, Tanizaki Y, Ninomiya T, et al. The serum pepsinogen test as a predictor of gastric cancer: the Hisayama study. Am J Epidemiol. 2006;163:629-37 pubmed..These findings suggest that the SPT can serve as a predictor of intestinal-type gastric cancer, irrespective of H. pylori infection. ..
- Yasojima T, Kizuka T, Noguchi H, Shiraki H, Mukai N, Miyanaga Y. Differences in EMG activity in scapular plane abduction under variable arm positions and loading conditions. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008;40:716-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that there is an exercise condition that induces greater activity of the supraspinatus in scapular plane abduction. ..
- Tsukimori K, Yoshitomi T, Morokuma S, Fukushima K, Wake N. Serum uric acid levels correlate with plasma hydrogen peroxide and protein carbonyl levels in preeclampsia. Am J Hypertens. 2008;21:1343-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the serum uric acid level serves as an indicator of the underlying oxidative stress in preeclampsia. ..
- Hirooka Y, Sagara Y, Kishi T, Sunagawa K. Oxidative stress and central cardiovascular regulation. - Pathogenesis of hypertension and therapeutic aspects -. Circ J. 2010;74:827-35 pubmed..The aim of the present review is to describe the contribution of oxidative stress in the brain to the neural mechanisms that underlie hypertension, and discuss evidence that brain oxidative stress is a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Sanui A, Yotsumoto F, Tsujioka H, Fukami T, Horiuchi S, Shirota K, et al. HB-EGF inhibition in combination with various anticancer agents enhances its antitumor effects in gastric cancer. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:3143-9 pubmed..Additionally, co-administration of CRM197 and paclitaxel resulted in synergistic antitumor effects. These results suggested that HB-EGF is a rational target for GC therapy. ..
- Sun X, Yamada H, Shibata K, Muta H, Tani K, Podack E, et al. CD30 ligand is a target for a novel biological therapy against colitis associated with Th17 responses. J Immunol. 2010;185:7671-80 pubmed publisher..Modulation of CD30L/CD30 signaling by soluble CD30 could be a novel biological therapy for inflammatory diseases associated with Th17 responses. ..
- Hata J, Doi Y, Ninomiya T, Fukuhara M, Ikeda F, Mukai N, et al. Combined effects of smoking and hypercholesterolemia on the risk of stroke and coronary heart disease in Japanese: the Hisayama study. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011;31:477-84 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings suggest that smoking raises the risks of ischemic stroke, subarachnoid hemorrhage and CHD occurrence in the Japanese population, and that this effect is strengthened by hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Ichinose Y, Seto T, Sasaki T, Yamanaka T, Okamoto I, Takeda K, et al. S-1 plus cisplatin with concurrent radiotherapy for locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a multi-institutional phase II trial (West Japan Thoracic Oncology Group 3706). J Thorac Oncol. 2011;6:2069-75 pubmed publisher..There were two treatment-related deaths caused by infection in the concurrent phase. SP-RT showed a promising efficacy against locally advanced NCSLC with acceptable toxicity. ..
- Suzuki A, Kogo R, Kawahara K, Sasaki M, Nishio M, Maehama T, et al. A new PICTure of nucleolar stress. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:632-7 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the evidence that links nucleolar stress to tumorigenesis, and casts PICT1 as an oncogenic player in human cancer biology. ..
- Okada K, Iwasa T, Namazue J, Akechi M, Ueda S. Safety and immunogenicity of a freeze-dried, cell culture-derived Japanese encephalitis vaccine (Inactivated) (JEBIK(®)V) in children. Vaccine. 2012;30:5967-72 pubmed publisher..The geometric mean titers were high for all three formulations after the second and third doses, with a very clear dose-response relationship. These results indicate that JEBIK(®)V is likely to be a useful vaccine. ..
- Uemura M, Jannin P, Yamashita M, Tomikawa M, Akahoshi T, Obata S, et al. Procedural surgical skill assessment in laparoscopic training environments. Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2016;11:543-52 pubmed publisher..We identified differences in surgical process between experts and novices in laparoscopic surgical simulation. Our proposed method would be useful for education and training in laparoscopic surgery. ..
- Inagaki J, Noguchi M, Kurauchi K, Tanioka S, Fukano R, Okamura J. Effect of Cytomegalovirus Reactivation on Relapse after Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Pediatric Acute Leukemia. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:300-306 pubmed publisher..Further studies on pediatric HSCT that include a larger number of patients and more homogenous patient cohorts are desirable. ..
- Takeuchi N, Uchimura N, Hashizume Y, Mukai M, Etoh Y, Yamamoto K, et al. Melatonin therapy for REM sleep behavior disorder. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2001;55:267-9 pubmed..In the present study, melatonin was reconfirmed to be effective in RBD symptoms, especially for patients with low melatonin secretion, while its mechanism was not clearly known in the present study. ..
- Takahashi Y, Nishimoto Y, Matsuura T, Hayashida M, Tajiri T, Soejima Y, et al. Surgical complications after living donor liver transplantation in patients with biliary atresia: a relatively high incidence of portal vein complications. Pediatr Surg Int. 2009;25:745-51 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to present the surgical complications in living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) for biliary atresia (BA) as a treatment for end stage liver disease...
- Tanaka M, Koga Y, Nakayama H, Kanayama A, Kobayashi I, Saika T, et al. Antibiotic-resistant phenotypes and genotypes of Neisseria gonorrhoeae isolates in Japan: identification of strain clusters with multidrug-resistant phenotypes. Sex Transm Dis. 2011;38:871-5 pubmed publisher..Although a large diversity in NG-MAST was identified, based on comparisons with the international data, the ST1407 with a multidrug-resistant phenotype currently seems to be circulating worldwide. ..
- Sandra F, Mitsuyasu T, Nakamura N, Shiratsuchi Y, Ohishi M. Immunohistochemical evaluation of PCNA and Ki-67 in ameloblastoma. Oral Oncol. 2001;37:193-8 pubmed..These results indicated that the proliferating activities of ameloblastomas are quite variable, and the evaluations of Ki-67 and PCNA seem to be good indicators to assess the proliferating activity of each type of ameloblastomas...
- Iida T, Furuta A, Nishioka K, Nakabeppu Y, Iwaki T. Expression of 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase is reduced and associated with neurofibrillary tangles in Alzheimer's disease brain. Acta Neuropathol. 2002;103:20-5 pubmed..Our results indicate that the repair enzyme for oxidative damage in mitochondrial DNA may not function appropriately in AD, and thus oxidative DNA damage in mitochondria may be involved in the pathomechanism of AD. ..
- Hagimoto N, Kuwano K, Inoshima I, Yoshimi M, Nakamura N, Fujita M, et al. TGF-beta 1 as an enhancer of Fas-mediated apoptosis of lung epithelial cells. J Immunol. 2002;168:6470-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate a novel role of TGF-beta 1 in the pathophysiology of pulmonary fibrosis as an enhancer of Fas-mediated apoptosis of lung epithelial cells. ..
- Yamaguchi N, Kubo C, Masuhiro Y, Lally E, Koga T, Hanazawa S. Tumor necrosis factor alpha enhances Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans leukotoxin-induced HL-60 cell apoptosis by stimulating lymphocyte function-associated antigen 1 expression. Infect Immun. 2004;72:269-76 pubmed..Taken together, the results of the present study indicate that TNF-alpha acts as a potent stimulator of Ltx-induced HL-60 cell apoptosis via TNF receptor 1-mediated upregulation of LFA-1 expression. ..
- Tokunaga H, Osoegawa M, Murai H, Ochi H, Minohara M, Taniwaki T, et al. Anterior horn cell involvement in myelitis with atopic diathesis (atopic myelitis). Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi. 2004;95:36-43 pubmed..Therefore, varying degrees of subclinical anterior horn cell involvement seems to be common in atopic myelitis and reversible by immunotherapy. ..
- Wakisaka Y, Santa N, Doh ura K, Kitamoto T, Ibayashi S, Iida M, et al. Increased asymmetric pulvinar magnetic resonance imaging signals in Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease with florid plaques following a cadaveric dura mater graft. Neuropathology. 2006;26:82-8 pubmed..This is the first atypical dCJD case showing a pulvinar high signal compared with all other basal ganglia on MRI. ..
- Tabata S, Yin G, Ogawa S, Yamaguchi K, Mineshita M, Kono S. Genetic polymorphism of cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase (CYP7A1) and colorectal adenomas: Self Defense Forces Health Study. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:406-10 pubmed..56 (0.34-0.95), respectively. The findings add to evidence for the role of bile acids in colorectal carcinogenesis. The CC genotype of the CYP7A1 A-203C polymorphism probably renders lower activity of the enzyme synthesizing bile acids. ..
- Saito T, Oda Y, Yamamoto H, Kawaguchi K, Tanaka K, Matsuda S, et al. Nuclear beta-catenin correlates with cyclin D1 expression in spindle and pleomorphic sarcomas but not in synovial sarcoma. Hum Pathol. 2006;37:689-97 pubmed..Thus, cyclin D1 could be considered as one of the targets of the nuclear beta-catenin in spindle cell and pleomorphic sarcomas. A possible association between beta-catenin accumulation and spindle cell morphogenesis may exist in SS...
- Yamatake K, Maeda M, Kadowaki T, Takii R, Tsukuba T, Ueno T, et al. Role for gingipains in Porphyromonas gingivalis traffic to phagolysosomes and survival in human aortic endothelial cells. Infect Immun. 2007;75:2090-100 pubmed
- Matsunaga A, Arishima H, Niimura H, Zhang B, Uehara Y, Ohwaki K, et al. Strong linkage disequilibrium and association of -1131T>C and c.553G>T polymorphisms of the apolipoprotein A5 gene with hypertriglyceridemia in a Japanese population. Circ J. 2007;71:746-52 pubmed..The -1131T>C and c.553G>T (G185C) polymorphisms correlated with HTG in this Japanese population, but neither polymorphism directly affected ApoA5 expression. ..
- Takenaka K, Eto T, Nagafuji K, Kamezaki K, Matsuo Y, Yoshimoto G, et al. Oral valganciclovir as preemptive therapy is effective for cytomegalovirus infection in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:231-237 pubmed publisher..Further studies with a large number of patients will be necessary to determine the optimal initial- and maintenance-dose of VGC. ..
- Tanaka H, Nakamura M, Kameda C, Kubo M, Sato N, Kuroki S, et al. The Hedgehog signaling pathway plays an essential role in maintaining the CD44+CD24-/low subpopulation and the side population of breast cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:2147-57 pubmed
- Tsujioka H, Hachisuga T, Fukuoka M, Ueda T, Miyahara D, Horiuchi S, et al. Monitoring of endometrial K-ras mutation in tamoxifen-treated patients with breast cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2009;19:1052-6 pubmed publisher..The cessation of TAM treatment may reduce the risk of developing endometrial cancers through K-ras mutations. ..
- Sadakari Y, Ohuchida K, Nakata K, Ohtsuka T, Aishima S, Takahata S, et al. Invasive carcinoma derived from the nonintestinal type intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas has a poorer prognosis than that derived from the intestinal type. Surgery. 2010;147:812-7 pubmed publisher..Invasive carcinoma derived from the nonintestinal type IPMN characterized by lymphatic invasion and tubular invasive pattern is associated with a poor prognosis. ..
- Arimura C, Nozaki T, Takakura S, Kawai K, Takii M, Sudo N, et al. Predictors of menstrual resumption by patients with anorexia nervosa. Eat Weight Disord. 2010;15:e226-33 pubmed publisher..To investigate which factors predict the resumption of menstruation by patients with anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Iwasaki K, Yamamoto T, Motomura G, Ikemura S, Mawatari T, Nakashima Y, et al. Prognostic factors associated with a subchondral insufficiency fracture of the femoral head. Br J Radiol. 2012;85:214-8 pubmed publisher..9%; 95% CI 29.8, 52.0; p<0.05). No significant differences were present in the other values. These results indicate that the band length and the band length ratio might be predictive for the progression of collapse in SIF. ..
- Masui S, Vavassori S, Fagioli C, Sitia R, Inaba K. Molecular bases of cyclic and specific disulfide interchange between human ERO1alpha protein and protein-disulfide isomerase (PDI). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16261-71 pubmed publisher..The potential ability of ERp44 to inhibit ERO1? activity may suggest its physiological role in ER redox and protein homeostasis. ..
- Miyake Y, Tanaka K, Arakawa M. Sibling number and prevalence of allergic disorders in pregnant Japanese women: baseline data from the Kyushu Okinawa Maternal and Child Health Study. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:561 pubmed publisher..Our findings are likely to support the intrauterine programming hypothesis; however, we could not rule out the hygiene hypothesis. ..
- Ikeda H, Kamimoto J, Yamamoto T, Hata A, Otsubo Y, Niidome T, et al. A peptide microarray fabricated on a non-fouling phosphatidylcholine-polymer-coated surface for a high-fidelity analysis of a cellular kinome. Curr Med Chem. 2013;20:4419-25 pubmed..When the phosphatidylcholine-polymer-coated peptide microarray was applied to the analysis of the kinome of HCC827 cells, hyperactivation of c-Src and EGFR were successfully detected. ..
- Takeshita S, Asano H, Hata T, Hibi K, Ikari Y, Kan Y, et al. Comparison of frequency of radial artery occlusion after 4Fr versus 6Fr transradial coronary intervention (from the Novel Angioplasty USIng Coronary Accessor Trial). Am J Cardiol. 2014;113:1986-9 pubmed publisher..007). In conclusion, these findings suggest that 4Fr TRI may become a less invasive alternative to 6Fr TRI in treating coronary artery diseases. ..