Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Ehime, Japan
Locale: Ehime, Japan
Publications278 found, 100 shown here
- Tokunaga H, Matsuura B, Dong M, Miller L, Ueda T, Furukawa S, et al. Mutational analysis of predicted intracellular loop domains of human motilin receptor. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;294:G460-6 pubmed..The identification of functionally important residues in the predicted cytosolic face provides strong candidates for playing roles in receptor-G protein interaction. ..
- Murao S, Kondo S, Ohashi J, Fujii Y, Shimizu I, Fujiyama M, et al. Anti-thyroid peroxidase antibody, IA-2 antibody, and fasting C-peptide levels predict beta cell failure in patients with latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA)--a 5-year follow-up of the Ehime study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008;80:114-21 pubmed publisher..Japanese LADA patients are a heterogeneous population. In addition to IA-2 antibody, presence of TPOAb and fasting C-peptide level could indicate an oncoming deterioration of beta cell function. ..
- Fukuda S, Nishida Fukuda H, Nakayama H, Inoue H, Higashiyama S. Monoubiquitination of pro-amphiregulin regulates its endocytosis and ectodomain shedding. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;420:315-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that pro-AREG monoubiquitination and the subsequent trafficking to intracellular organelles is a novel shedding regulatory mechanism that contributes to the secretion of EGFR ligands in growth factor signaling. ..
- Mizusawa J, Morizane C, Okusaka T, Katayama H, Ishii H, Fukuda H, et al. Randomized Phase III study of gemcitabine plus S-1 versus gemcitabine plus cisplatin in advanced biliary tract cancer: Japan Clinical Oncology Group Study (JCOG1113, FUGA-BT). Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2016;46:385-8 pubmed publisher..This trial has been registered with the UMIN Clinical Trials Registry (http://www.umin.ac.jp/ctr/index.htm) and the registration number is UMIN000010667. ..
- Liu S, Hasegawa H, Takemasa E, Suzuki Y, Oka K, Kiyoi T, et al. Efficiency and Safety of CRAC Inhibitors in Human Rheumatoid Arthritis Xenograft Models. J Immunol. 2017;199:1584-1595 pubmed publisher..However, some safety issues should be addressed and application methods should be optimized prior to their clinical use. ..
- Yoshida M, Watanabe Y, Horiuchi A, Yamamoto Y, Sugishita H, Kawachi K. Sigmoid colon endometriosis treated with laparoscopy-assisted sigmoidectomy: significance of preoperative diagnosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:5400-2 pubmed..e., colonic endometriosis. Since differential diagnosis of intestinal endometriosis seems difficult, a cautious preoperative diagnosis is required to select treatments including minimally invasive surgery. ..
- Osawa H, Tabara Y, Kawamoto R, Ohashi J, Ochi M, Onuma H, et al. PPARgamma Pro12Ala Pro/Pro and resistin SNP-420 G/G genotypes are synergistically associated with plasma resistin in the Japanese general population. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2009;71:341-5 pubmed publisher..76, P = 0.011). The PPARgamma Pro12Ala Pro/Pro and resistin SNP-420 G/G genotypes were synergistically associated with plasma resistin, when adjusted for age, gender, and BMI, in the Japanese general population. ..
- Nunoi H, Matsuura B, Utsunomiya S, Ueda T, Miyake T, Furukawa S, et al. A relationship between motilin and growth hormone secretagogue receptors. Regul Pept. 2012;176:28-35 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that in species expressing both motilin-MR and ghrelin-GHSR, there is a compensatory relationship in vivo. ..
- Kozuki T. Skin problems and EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2016;46:291-8 pubmed publisher..Here, the author reviewed the mechanism and upfront preventive and reactive treatments for epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor-associated skin toxicities. ..
- Jin J, Nakura J, Wu Z, Yamamoto M, Abe M, Chen Y, et al. Association of angiotensin II type 2 receptor gene variant with hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2003;26:547-52 pubmed..The female-specific association may be helpful in conducting further molecular and biological studies on the relationship among sex, the renin-angiotensin system, and hypertension. ..
- Kobayashi T, Watanabe F, Gyo K, Miki H. Superficial siderosis of the central nervous system. Otol Neurotol. 2004;25:193-4 pubmed
- Hasegawa H. Chemokine blockade for lupus model mice. Front Biosci. 2008;13:2900-8 pubmed..In this article, we review the role of chemokines and chemokine receptors involved in the pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases and the therapeutic approach of chemokine blockade in lupus model mice. ..
- Hara S, Nakashiro K, Goda H, Hamakawa H. Role of Akt isoforms in HGF-induced invasive growth of human salivary gland cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:123-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that all of the Akt isoforms are required for the HGF-stimulated invasive growth of human salivary gland cancer cells, and that targeting a single Akt isoform could be effective in treating salivary gland cancers...
- Hida A, Arai T, Nakanishi K, Nagaro T. Bilateral brachial plexus injury after liver transplantation. J Anesth. 2008;22:308-11 pubmed publisher..g., hypotension or hypoxemia). Our findings were inconclusive, but we postulated that 90 degrees abduction of the arms per se may have resulted in excessive stretching of the brachial nerves, causing his injuries. ..
- Fujii T, Nagaro T, Tsubota S, Takechi K, Higaki N, Yorozuya T. Case reports: management of intractable upper extremity pain with continuous subarachnoid block at the low cervical level without impairment of upper extremity function. Anesth Analg. 2010;110:1721-4 pubmed publisher..This case suggests continuous subarachnoid block at the low cervical level is useful for refractory cancer pain in the shoulder and upper extremity. ..
- Onuma H, Tabara Y, Kawamoto R, Shimizu I, Kawamura R, Takata Y, et al. The GCKR rs780094 polymorphism is associated with susceptibility of type 2 diabetes, reduced fasting plasma glucose levels, increased triglycerides levels and lower HOMA-IR in Japanese population. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:600-4 pubmed publisher..We replicated GCKR rs780094 as a marker of T2DM susceptibility in Japanese subjects. This suggests that GCKR rs780094 is a common variant for T2DM susceptibility in various ethnic groups. ..
- Hamaguchi N, Hamada H, Miyoshi S, Irifune K, Ito R, Miyazaki T, et al. In vitro and in vivo therapeutic efficacy of the PPAR-? agonist troglitazone in combination with cisplatin against malignant pleural mesothelioma cell growth. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1955-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TGZ in combination with cisplatin may become a novel therapy for MPM. ..
- Hirakawa S, Tanemura A, Mori H, Katayama I, Hashimoto K. Multiple lymphadenopathy as an initial sign of extramammary Paget disease. Br J Dermatol. 2011;164:200-3 pubmed publisher..Therefore, nodal lymphangiogenesis may promote tumour cell invasion and metastasis to distant organs, including the lymph nodes, emphasizing the clinical relevance of multiple lymphadenopathy. ..
- Mogi M, Horiuchi M. Effect of angiotensin II type 2 receptor on stroke, cognitive impairment and neurodegenerative diseases. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2013;13:13-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RAS is also involved in neurodegenerative disease. Therefore, regulation of RAS might be a new therapeutic target to protect neurons from neural diseases. ..
- Kawamoto R, Tabara Y, Kohara K, Kusunoki T, Abe M, Miki T. Serum uric acid is more strongly associated with impaired fasting glucose in women than in men from a community-dwelling population. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65886 pubmed publisher..005). SUA levels are associated with different categories of impaired fasting glucose in participants from community-dwelling persons, particularly in women. ..
- McLean A, Boel M, McGready R, Ataide R, Drew D, Tsuboi T, et al. Antibody Responses to Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax and Prospective Risk of Plasmodium spp. Infection Postpartum. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1197-1204 pubmed publisher..Serology may be a useful tool to predict and monitor women at increased risk of P. falciparum infection postpartum, particularly in the absence of a detailed history of retrospective infections. ..
- Tokuda K, Kodani N, Ogino T. [Three cases of hypofibrinogenemia induced by chemotherapy with a combination of synthetic ACTH and valproic acid]. No To Hattatsu. 1994;26:50-6 pubmed..This indicates that the combination of ACTH-Zn and VPA induces a further decrease of Fbg in blood. The reason why hypo-Fbg-emia results from this combination therapy is unknown.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Sakanaka M, Wen T, Matsuda S, Masuda S, Morishita E, Nagao M, et al. In vivo evidence that erythropoietin protects neurons from ischemic damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:4635-40 pubmed..Taken together EPO may exert its neuroprotective effect by reducing the NO-mediated formation of free radicals or antagonizing their toxicity. ..
- Nagao M, Murase K, Yasuhara Y, Ikezoe J, Eguchi K, Mogami H, et al. Measurement of localized ground-glass attenuation on thin-section computed tomography images: correlation with the progression of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma of the lung. Invest Radiol. 2002;37:692-7 pubmed..The contrast index correlated histologic findings of the tumor growth in BAC. The contrast index may be a useful and objective measurement for determining surgical treatment for localized GGA in preoperative diagnosis. ..
- Miyoshi A, Kito K, Aramoto T, Abe Y, Kobayashi N, Ueda N. Identification of CGI-121, a novel PRPK (p53-related protein kinase)-binding protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:399-405 pubmed..In addition, coprecipitation of p53 using recombinant PRPK was inhibited by adding recombinant CGI-121 in vitro, suggesting that CGI-121 could act as a potent inhibitor of the binding of PRPK to p53. ..
- Tsuboi T, Kaneko O, Eitoku C, Suwanabun N, Sattabongkot J, Vinetz J, et al. Gene structure and ookinete expression of the chitinase genes of Plasmodium vivax and Plasmodium yoelii. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2003;130:51-4 pubmed
- Shintani S, Li C, Mihara M, Hino S, Nakashiro K, Hamakawa H. Skp2 and Jab1 expression are associated with inverse expression of p27(KIP1) and poor prognosis in oral squamous cell carcinomas. Oncology. 2003;65:355-62 pubmed..Overexpression of Skp2 and Jab1 is associated with the reduction of p27(KIP1) expression, and may have a role in the progression of OSCC. ..
- Okura I, Horiike N, Michitaka K, Onji M. Effect of mutation in the hepatitis C virus nonstructural 5B region on HCV replication. J Gastroenterol. 2004;39:449-54 pubmed..05). RdRp activity in liver tissue did not show any correlation with the HCV NS5B mutation. HCV NS5B genotype-specific mutations in HCV genotype 1b may influence HCV replication. ..
- Horiuchi A, Muraji T, Tsugawa C, Nishijima E, Satho S, Takamizawa S, et al. Thoracic neuroblastoma: outcome of incomplete resection. Pediatr Surg Int. 2004;20:714-8 pubmed..There was a stronger tendency for the maturation of neuroblastoma into ganglioneuroma in the thoracic group. Complete resection is not required for thoracic neuroblastoma regardless of the patient's age. ..
- Miyoshi K, Okura T, Manabe S, Watanabe S, Fukuoka T, Higaki J. Granulomatous interstitial nephritis due to isolated renal sarcoidosis. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2004;8:279-82 pubmed..It is important to consider renal sarcoidosis as a differential diagnosis in patients with severely progressive renal failure, because corticosteroid therapy is very effective...
- Ito R, Hamada H, Yokoyama A, Oshima M, Katayama H, Ohnishi H, et al. Successful treatment of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome improves autonomic nervous system dysfunction. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2005;27:259-67 pubmed..These results suggest that impaired ANS function is present in patients with OSAS and can be improved by successful treatment of OSAS. ..
- Kikugawa T, Kinugasa Y, Shiraishi K, Nanba D, Nakashiro K, Tanji N, et al. PLZF regulates Pbx1 transcription and Pbx1-HoxC8 complex leads to androgen-independent prostate cancer proliferation. Prostate. 2006;66:1092-9 pubmed..Androgen-independent cell line DU145 cells lack PLZF gene expression, resulting in the upregulation of Pbx1 and HoxC8 expression. The Pbx1-HoxC8 heterocomplex may lead to androgen-independent growth in prostate cancer. ..
- Tohyama M, Sayama K, Komatsuzawa H, Hanakawa Y, Shirakata Y, Dai X, et al. CXCL16 is a novel mediator of the innate immunity of epidermal keratinocytes. Int Immunol. 2007;19:1095-102 pubmed..Killing activity was retained at the physiological salt concentration in the presence of carbonate. In conclusion, CXCL16 is a novel mediator of the innate immune reactivities of epidermal keratinocytes. ..
- Yanagihara Y, Sawada Y, Ozaw A, Nishid T, Kikugawa T, Ikeda T, et al. [Case report: simultaneous bilateral testicular tumors with different cell types]. Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi. 2010;101:574-8 pubmed..No viable tumor cells were histologically present in the excited lymph nodes. The postoperative course was good and uneventful at 10 months under androgen replacement therapy without disease recurrences. ..
- Morihara H, Zenke K, Shoda D, Fujiwara S, Suehiro S, Hatakeyama T. Intraorbital encephalocele in an adult patient presenting with pulsatile exophthalmos. Case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2010;50:1126-8 pubmed..The postoperative course was uneventful, and the pulsatile proptosis disappeared immediately after the procedure. Intracranial cyst may be important in the development of progressive pulsatile exophthalmos and intraorbital encephalocele...
- Ueno T, Saji S, Sugimoto M, Masuda N, Kuroi K, Sato N, et al. Clinical significance of the expression of autophagy-associated marker, beclin 1, in breast cancer patients who received neoadjuvant endocrine therapy. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:230 pubmed publisher..umin c000000345 (2006/03/06). ..
- Watanabe Y, Sato M, Kikkawa H, Shiozaki T, Yoshida M, Yamamoto Y, et al. Spleen-preserving laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy for cystic adenoma. Hepatogastroenterology. 2002;49:148-52 pubmed..Thus, it may be feasible to select laparoscopic spleen-preserving distal pancreatectomy as a first choice for diagnostic therapy for cystic lesions of the pancreatic tail. ..
- Nakata M, Sawada S, Yamashita M, Saeki H, Kurita A, Takashima S, et al. Surgical treatments for multiple primary adenocarcinoma of the lung. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:1194-9 pubmed..Early radiographic detection and surgical excision could yield a favorable prognosis. The use of VATS, even for synchronous bilateral patients, was a safe and beneficial procedure. ..
- Tokumaru S, Sayama K, Yamasaki K, Shirakata Y, Hanakawa Y, Yahata Y, et al. SOCS3/CIS3 negative regulation of STAT3 in HGF-induced keratinocyte migration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:100-5 pubmed..In conclusion, SOCS3/CIS3 regulates HGF-induced keratinocyte migration by inhibiting STAT3 phosphorylation. ..
- Arita N, Mikami Y, Yoshida M, Konishi I, Horiike N, Miyauchi K, et al. Pleomorphic carcinoma of the lung associated with loss of heterozygosity of p53 gene. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2005;206:181-5 pubmed..The present case may suggest a relation between somatic alteration of the p53 gene and histogenesis of pleomorphic carcinoma. ..
- Suzuki T, Hori N, Miyake T, Hori Y, Mochizuki K. Keratitis caused by a rare fungus, Malassezia restricta. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2007;51:292-4 pubmed..PCR and DNA typing of ITS2 and 5.8S ribosomal DNA are valuable techniques for detecting and identifying Malassezia species. Proper identification of Malassezia keratitis permits a prompt and successful treatment by antifungal agents. ..
- Dai X, Sayama K, Shirakata Y, Tokumaru S, Yang L, Tohyama M, et al. PPAR gamma is an important transcription factor in 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-induced involucrin expression. J Dermatol Sci. 2008;50:53-60 pubmed..These results suggest that PPAR gamma regulates involucrin expression by controlling the AP-1 signal and p38 activation in 1 alpha,25(OH)2D3-induced keratinocyte differentiation. ..
- Narioka J, Ohashi Y. Transcanalicular-endonasal semiconductor diode laser-assisted revision surgery for failed external dacryocystorhinostomy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2008;146:60-68 pubmed publisher..To report the results of transcanalicular-endonasal revision dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) with a semiconductor diode laser in cases of failed external DCR...
- Kawajiri M, Mogi M, Osoegawa M, Matsuoka T, Tsukuda K, Kohara K, et al. Reduction of angiotensin II in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2008;14:557-60 pubmed publisher..0847). These findings suggest that reduced levels of intrathecal angiotensin II may be related to the abnormal neural damage and repair processes in MS. ..
- Inoue Y, Usui M, Ohashi Y, Shiota H, Yamazaki T. Preoperative disinfection of the conjunctival sac with antibiotics and iodine compounds: a prospective randomized multicenter study. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2008;52:151-161 pubmed publisher..Three-day administration of LVFX ophthalmic solution and use of an eyewash with diluted iodine compounds is effective for preoperative disinfection. However, complete elimination of bacteria from the conjunctival sac is difficult. ..
- Ochi T, Fujiwara H, Suemori K, Azuma T, Yakushijin Y, Hato T, et al. Aurora-A kinase: a novel target of cellular immunotherapy for leukemia. Blood. 2009;113:66-74 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that cellular immunotherapy targeting Aur-A is a promising strategy for treatment of leukemia. ..
- Kawamoto R, Kohara K, Tabara Y, Kusunoki T, Otsuka N, Miki T. Association between serum gamma-glutamyl transferase level and prehypertension among community-dwelling men. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2008;216:213-21 pubmed..Moreover, the respective ORs for hypertension were 1.82 (1.04-3.18) and 3.11 (1.61-6.03). These results suggest that higher serum GGT levels are associated with prehypertension or hypertension in the general male population. ..
- Guo H, Tabara Y, Igase M, Yamamoto M, Ochi N, Kido T, et al. Abnormal nocturnal blood pressure profile is associated with mild cognitive impairment in the elderly: the J-SHIPP study. Hypertens Res. 2010;33:32-6 pubmed publisher..Abnormal nocturnal BP profile was found to be a strong indicator of MCI in otherwise apparently healthy community-dwelling elderly persons. ..
- Miyoshi S, Hamada H, Kadowaki T, Hamaguchi N, Ito R, Irifune K, et al. Comparative evaluation of serum markers in pulmonary sarcoidosis. Chest. 2010;137:1391-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, initial serum KL-6 tends to associate with increased parenchymal infiltration in pulmonary sarcoidosis. ..
- Murakami Y, Tanimoto K, Fujiwara H, An J, Suemori K, Ochi T, et al. Human herpesvirus 6 infection impairs Toll-like receptor signaling. Virol J. 2010;7:91 pubmed publisher..These data show that HHV-6 impairs intracellular signaling through TLRs indicating the novel mechanism of HHV-6-mediated immunomodulation. ..
- Watanabe S, Takahashi T, Fujibuchi T, Komori H, Kamada K, Nose M, et al. Synovial hemangioma of the knee joint in a 3-year-old girl. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2010;19:515-20 pubmed publisher..We performed arthroscopy, and arrived at a final diagnosis based on a scopic biopsy. Synovial hemangioma should be considered as a possible diagnosis in infants with swelling and pain in the knee. ..
- Shigematsu S, Fukuda S, Nakayama H, Inoue H, Hiasa Y, Onji M, et al. ZNF689 suppresses apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells through the down-regulation of Bcl-2 family members. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:1851-9 pubmed publisher..ZNF689 may be a promising chemotherapeutic target against liver cancer. ..
- Tanaka H, Nakashiro K, Iwamoto K, Tokuzen N, Fujita Y, Shirakawa R, et al. Targeting Aurora kinase A suppresses the growth of human oral squamous cell carcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Oral Oncol. 2013;49:551-9 pubmed publisher..AURKA plays a critical role in the growth of human OSCC cells and targeting AURKA may be a useful therapeutic strategy for OSCC. ..
- Hamada M, Ikeda S, Ohshima K, Nakamura M, Kubota N, Ogimoto A, et al. Impact of chronic use of cibenzoline on left ventricular pressure gradient and left ventricular remodeling in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. J Cardiol. 2016;67:279-86 pubmed publisher..Long-term treatment with cibenzoline attenuated LVPG, improved LV diastolic dysfunction, and induced LV hypertrophy regression in patients with HOCM without causing serious complications. ..
- Tasaka Y, Yasunaga D, Tanaka M, Tanaka A, Asakawa T, Horio I, et al. Economic and safety benefits of pharmaceutical interventions by community and hospital pharmacists in Japan. Int J Clin Pharm. 2016;38:321-9 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that community and hospital pharmacists have different roles. ..
- Sato J, Okuda Y, Kuroda T, Yamada T. Detection of AA76, a Common Form of Amyloid A Protein, as a Way of Diagnosing AA Amyloidosis. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:147-53 pubmed..Immunoblot for non-fixed materials, which can considerably improve the sensitivity, should be beneficial for small materials like abdominal fat. ..
- Okita M, Yoshino Y, Iga J, Ueno S. Elevated mRNA expression of CASPR3 in patients with schizophrenia. Nord J Psychiatry. 2017;71:312-314 pubmed publisher..Considering that CASPR3 is involved in building the brain neural network and autophagy in circulating leukocytes, abnormal CASPR3 expression in SCZ subjects may be associated with the pathogenesis of SCZ. ..
- Miura N, Kusuhara Y, Numata K, Shirato A, Hashine K, Sumiyoshi Y, et al. Radiation pneumonitis caused by a migrated brachytherapy seed lodged in the lung. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2008;38:623-5 pubmed publisher..The abnormal shadow probably represented radiation pneumonitis. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of radiation pneumonitis caused by a migrated brachytherapy seed in the lung. ..
- Iwanami J, Mogi M, Iwai M, Horiuchi M. Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system and target organ protection. Hypertens Res. 2009;32:229-37 pubmed publisher..The RAS has a pivotal role in various target organ damage, with complicated mechanisms; therefore, blockade of RAS may be therapeutically effective in preventing organ damage, as well as in having an antihypertensive effect. ..
- Yoshida M, Watanabe Y, Sato M, Maehara T, Aono H, Naohara T, et al. Feasibility of chemohyperthermia with docetaxel-embedded magnetoliposomes as minimally invasive local treatment for cancer. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:1955-1965 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report to show that hyperthermia using chemotherapeutic agent-embedded magnetoliposomes has an anticancer effect. ..
- Kawamoto R, Kohara K, Tabara Y, Miki T, Doi T, Tokunaga H, et al. An association of 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene polymorphism and common carotid atherosclerosis. J Hum Genet. 2001;46:506-10 pubmed
- Ohtsuka H, Tezuka K, Kumakiri M, Ohtsuki Y. Multiple eccrine spiradenomas on the hand, forearm and head. Dermatology. 2002;205:401-4 pubmed..Ultrastructural observations often showed an intracellular lumen with numerous microvilli in larger pale-staining cells. ..
- Yamasaki K, Toriu N, Hanakawa Y, Shirakata Y, Sayama K, Takayanagi A, et al. Keratinocyte growth inhibition by high-dose epidermal growth factor is mediated by transforming growth factor beta autoinduction: a negative feedback mechanism for keratinocyte growth. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;120:1030-7 pubmed..These data demonstrate that an autocrine transforming growth factor beta1-ALK5 pathway is a negative feedback mechanism for epidermal growth factor-induced normal human keratinocyte growth. ..
- Michitaka K, Horiike N, Chen Y, Duong T, Konishi I, Mashiba T, et al. Gianotti-Crosti syndrome caused by acute hepatitis B virus genotype D infection. Intern Med. 2004;43:696-9 pubmed..The possible relationship between Gianotti-Crosti syndrome and HBV genotype D infection is discussed. ..
- Sueda S, Kohno H, Fukuda H, Ochi N, Kawada H, Hayashi Y, et al. Clinical impact of selective spasm provocation tests: comparisons between acetylcholine and ergonovine in 1508 examinations. Coron Artery Dis. 2004;15:491-7 pubmed..There are few reports regarding the concordance of coronary arterial response between acetylcholine (ACh) and ergonovine (ER) spasm provocation tests...
- Nanba D, Inoue H, Shigemi Y, Shirakata Y, Hashimoto K, Higashiyama S. An intermediary role of proHB-EGF shedding in growth factor-induced c-Myc gene expression. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:465-73 pubmed
- Ohue S, Kumon Y, Kohno K, Watanabe H, Iwata S, Ohnishi T. Postoperative temporary neurological deficits in adults with moyamoya disease. Surg Neurol. 2008;69:281-6; discussion 286-7 pubmed..Postoperative neurological deficits frequently occur in patients with moyamoya disease, but are temporary. These deficits appear to result from focal hyperperfusion after surgery, rather than from ischemic changes. ..
- Tabara Y, Osawa H, Kawamoto R, Tachibana Iimori R, Yamamoto M, Nakura J, et al. Reduced high-molecular-weight adiponectin and elevated high-sensitivity C-reactive protein are synergistic risk factors for metabolic syndrome in a large-scale middle-aged to elderly population: the Shimanami Health Promoting Program Study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:715-22 pubmed..8, P<0.001). Reduced HMW adiponectin and elevated hsCRP are synergistically associated with the accumulation of metabolic disorders. The combination of these markers would be useful for identifying at-risk populations. ..
- Kawajiri M, Mogi M, Higaki N, Matsuoka T, Ohyagi Y, Tsukuda K, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and ACE2 levels in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2009;15:262-5 pubmed publisher..56 +/- 0.26 vs 2.78 +/- 0.24 pg/mL), acting toward a normalization of angiotensin II levels. These results further indicate an alteration of the intrathecal renin-angiotensin system in patients with MS. ..
- Osawa H, Doi Y, Makino H, Ninomiya T, Yonemoto K, Kawamura R, et al. Diabetes and hypertension markedly increased the risk of ischemic stroke associated with high serum resistin concentration in a general Japanese population: the Hisayama Study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2009;8:60 pubmed publisher..The combination of high resistin and the presence of either diabetes or hypertension increased the risk of ischemic stroke. ..
- Tsuboi T, Takeo S, Sawasaki T, Torii M, Endo Y. An efficient approach to the production of vaccines against the malaria parasite. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;607:73-83 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the wheat germ cell-free protein synthesis system can be applied for the successful production of leading malaria vaccine candidate antigens and, thus, prove that it may be a key tool for malaria vaccine research. ..
- Liu S, Shudou M, Maeyama K. Early activation of mucosal mast cells during the primary immune response in a rodent model of neonatal asthma. Immunol Cell Biol. 2011;89:239-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the activation of mucosal mast cells contributes to the pro-asthmatic immune response. This activation may be a biomarker allowing early intervention that could help prevent allergic airway inflammation. ..
- Inoue A, Takahashi H, Harada H, Kohno S, Ohue S, Kobayashi K, et al. Cancer stem-like cells of glioblastoma characteristically express MMP-13 and display highly invasive activity. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:1121-31 pubmed..The results suggest that the highly invasive potential of cancer stem cells depends on MMP-13 enzymatic activity, thus MMP-13 might be a potential therapeutic target for glioblastomas. ..
- Sumida T, Murase R, Onishi Ishikawa A, McAllister S, Hamakawa H, Desprez P. Targeting Id1 reduces proliferation and invasion in aggressive human salivary gland cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:141 pubmed publisher..Id1 suppression could represent a novel and effective approach for the treatment of salivary gland cancer. ..
- Inoue H, Sakaue T, Ozawa T, Higashiyama S. Spatiotemporal visualization of proHB-EGF ectodomain shedding in living cells. J Biochem. 2013;154:67-76 pubmed publisher..Fluhemb might be very useful for detecting the activity of proHB-EGF shedding in various types of cells under different conditions in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Saigoh K, Yoshimura S, Izumikawa T, Miyata S, Tabara Y, Matsushita T, et al. Chondroitin sulfate Î²-1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-1 (ChGn-1) polymorphism: Association with progression of multiple sclerosis. Neurosci Res. 2016;108:55-9 pubmed publisher..In men, patients who had MS with S126L had a slower disease progression. This cSNP might be associated with the sex differences in clinical course of MS. ..
- Kawamoto R, Ninomiya D, Kasai Y, Kusunoki T, Ohtsuka N, Kumagi T, et al. Handgrip strength is associated with metabolic syndrome among middle-aged and elderly community-dwelling persons. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2016;38:245-51 pubmed publisher..50-1.16), 0.33 (0.22-0.51), and 0.16 (0.10-0.25) in women. These results suggest that HGS/BW ratio was significantly and negatively associated with an increased risk of cardio-metabolic disorders in Japanese-community dwelling persons. ..
- Matsuo K, Shimada M, Aoki Y, Sakamoto M, Takeshima N, Fujiwara H, et al. Comparison of adjuvant therapy for node-positive clinical stage IB-IIB cervical cancer: Systemic chemotherapy versus pelvic irradiation. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1042-1051 pubmed publisher..When tumor exhibits certain risk factors, chemotherapy alone is likely insufficient for local control and adding pelvic irradiation to systemic chemotherapy is recommended in this subgroup. ..
- Wheeler E, Leong A, Liu C, Hivert M, Strawbridge R, Podmore C, et al. Impact of common genetic determinants of Hemoglobin A1c on type 2 diabetes risk and diagnosis in ancestrally diverse populations: A transethnic genome-wide meta-analysis. PLoS Med. 2017;14:e1002383 pubmed publisher..Screening with direct glucose measurements, or genetically-informed HbA1c diagnostic thresholds in people with G6PD deficiency, may be required to avoid missed or delayed diagnoses. ..
- Sayama K, Komatsuzawa H, Yamasaki K, Shirakata Y, Hanakawa Y, Ouhara K, et al. New mechanisms of skin innate immunity: ASK1-mediated keratinocyte differentiation regulates the expression of beta-defensins, LL37, and TLR2. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:1886-95 pubmed..Moreover, the p38 inhibitor reduced this induction. In conclusion, the ASK1-p38 cascade regulates the innate immunity of the skin by forming an immune barrier consisting of hBD, LL37, and TLR2 during epidermal differentiation. ..
- Suzuki S, Kanno M, Fujiwara T, Sugiyama H, Yokoyama A, Takahashi H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of Nop25, a novel nucleolar RNA binding protein, highly conserved in vertebrate species. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1031-41 pubmed
- Tsujita T, Yamada M, Takaku T, Shintani T, Teramoto K, Sato T. Purification and characterization of polyphenols from chestnut astringent skin. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:8646-54 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest CAS contains polyphenols with strong ?-amylase inhibitory activity. The data also suggest CAS polyphenols might be oligomeric proanthocyanidins with gallic acid and ellagic acid...
- Ochi H, Hirooka M, Koizumi Y, Miyake T, Tokumoto Y, Soga Y, et al. Real-time tissue elastography for evaluation of hepatic fibrosis and portal hypertension in nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases. Hepatology. 2012;56:1271-8 pubmed publisher..Patients with severe PH were found only in the group with cirrhosis. Real-time tissue elastography is useful in evaluating hepatic fibrosis and PH in patients with NAFLD. ..
- Hino H, Takahashi H, Suzuki Y, Tanaka J, Ishii E, Fukuda M. Anticonvulsive effect of paeoniflorin on experimental febrile seizures in immature rats: possible application for febrile seizures in children. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42920 pubmed publisher..Thus, it could be a possible candidate for the treatment of FS in children. ..
- Sumida T, Ishikawa A, Kamata Y, Nakano H, Yamada T, Mori Y. Estrogen Enhances Malignant Phenotypes in Human Salivary Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Cells. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2793-8 pubmed..Cell motility was also up-regulated compared to control cells. The estrogen/ER system up-regulated malignant phenotypes in ER-positive ACC, and hormone therapy may have a potential as effective treatment for this malignancy. ..
- Hanakawa Y, Amagai M, Shirakata Y, Sayama K, Hashimoto K. Different effects of dominant negative mutants of desmocollin and desmoglein on the cell-cell adhesion of keratinocytes. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 10):1803-11 pubmed..These findings lead us to speculate that Dsc interacts with components of the adherens junctions through beta-catenin, and plays a role in nucleating desmosomes after the adherens junctions have been established. ..
- Sugawara Y, Sakayama K, Sada E, Kajihara M, Semba T, Higashino H, et al. Heerfordt syndrome initially presenting with subcutaneous mass lesions: usefulness of gallium-67 scans before and after treatment. Clin Nucl Med. 2005;30:732-3 pubmed
- Oshiro Y, Kohashi K, Oda Y, Tsuneyoshi M, Shono Y. Unclassified epithelioid vascular tumor with hemangioendotheliomatous features and lymphatic differentiation. Pathol Int. 2009;59:410-4 pubmed publisher..These findings are not characteristic of any established types of vascular tumors. The differential diagnosis for the current peculiar tumor are discussed. ..
- Dil Kuazi A, Kito K, Abe Y, Shin R, Kamitani T, Ueda N. NEDD8 protein is involved in ubiquitinated inclusion bodies. J Pathol. 2003;199:259-66 pubmed..These findings suggest the possibility that the NEDD8 system is involved in the metabolism of these inclusion bodies via the ubiquitin-proteasome system. ..