Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Publications831 found, 100 shown here
- Iwao Koizumi K, Maekawa K, Nakamura Y, Saito S, Kawamoto S, Nakagawara A, et al. A novel technique for measuring variations in DNA copy-number: competitive genomic polymerase chain reaction. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:206 pubmed..CGP is a moderate throughput technique for analyzing changes in genomic copy numbers. Because CGP can measure any genomic locus using PCR primers, it is especially useful for detailed analysis of a genomic region of interest. ..
- Hirai I, Sasaki T, Fujimoto S, Moriyama T, Azuma T, Yamamoto Y. A method for assessment of Helicobacter pylori genotype using stool specimens. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2009;56:63-6 pubmed..Furthermore, all the detected cagA belonged to the highly virulent East-Asian type. These data suggest that the method used in this study is valuable for studying the molecular epidemiology of H. pylori infection in asymptomatic people. ..
- Wada K, Tanaka H, Maeda K, Inoue T, Noda E, Amano R, et al. Vitamin D receptor expression is associated with colon cancer in ulcerative colitis. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:1021-5 pubmed..These findings suggested that correlation seems to exist between the level of VDR expression and carcinogenesis in UC. VDR could be a possible marker to detect dysplasia and cancer in ulcerative colitis. ..
- Takeshita T, Ninoi T, Doh K, Hashimoto S, Inoue Y. Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in tubo-ovarian abscess: a case report. Osaka City Med J. 2009;55:109-14 pubmed
- Okamoto I, Takahashi T, Okamoto H, Nakagawa K, Watanabe K, Nakamatsu K, et al. Single-agent gefitinib with concurrent radiotherapy for locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer harboring mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor. Lung Cancer. 2011;72:199-204 pubmed publisher..Our results do not support further trials of gefitinib and TRT for unselected NSCLC patients. This therapeutic strategy may hold promise, however, for locally advanced NSCLC in patients with sensitizing EGFR mutations. ..
- Tanaka M, Katayama F, Kato H, Tanaka H, Wang J, Qiao Y, et al. Hepatitis B and C virus infection and hepatocellular carcinoma in China: a review of epidemiology and control measures. J Epidemiol. 2011;21:401-16 pubmed..We also discuss the relevant literature and implications for future studies of hepatitis and HCC in China. ..
- Tanaka A, Okuyama T, Suzuki Y, Sakai N, Takakura H, Sawada T, et al. Long-term efficacy of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation on brain involvement in patients with mucopolysaccharidosis type II: a nationwide survey in Japan. Mol Genet Metab. 2012;107:513-20 pubmed publisher..HSCT showed effectiveness towards brain or heart involvement, when performed before signs of brain atrophy or valvular regurgitation appear. We consider HSCT is worthwhile in early stages of the disease for patients with MPS II. ..
- Matsui S, Murota H, Takahashi A, Yang L, Lee J, Omiya K, et al. Dynamic analysis of histamine-mediated attenuation of acetylcholine-induced sweating via GSK3? activation. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:326-334 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that histamine inhibits sweat gland secretions by blocking ACh-induced inactivation of GSK3?. Histamine-mediated hypohidrosis might be involved in the mechanism of abnormal skin dryness in patients with AD. ..
- Nakagawa M, Taniguchi Y, Senda S, Takizawa N, Ichisaka T, Asano K, et al. A novel efficient feeder-free culture system for the derivation of human induced pluripotent stem cells. Sci Rep. 2014;4:3594 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that hiPSCs can be generated and maintained under this novel Ff and Xf culture system. ..
- Arakawa H, Kishimoto T, Ashizawa K, Kato K, Okamoto K, Honma K, et al. Asbestosis and other pulmonary fibrosis in asbestos-exposed workers: high-resolution CT features with pathological correlations. Eur Radiol. 2016;26:1485-92 pubmed publisher..The fibre burden in lungs paralleled confident pathological diagnosis of asbestosis. â€¢ Subpleural curvilinear lines were an important CT finding favouring asbestosis. ..
- Tsukioka T, Takahama M, Nakajima R, Kimura M, Inoue H, Yamamoto R. Efficacy of Surgical Airway Plasty for Benign Airway Stenosis. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;22:27-31 pubmed publisher..Patients with malacia recover well after surgical plasty. There may be untreated patients with malacia who have the potential to benefit from surgical plasty. ..
- Ishida Y, Qiu D, Maeda M, Fujimoto J, Kigasawa H, Kobayashi R, et al. Secondary cancers after a childhood cancer diagnosis: a nationwide hospital-based retrospective cohort study in Japan. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:506-16 pubmed publisher..Retinoblastoma or sarcoma in addition to allogeneic stem cell transplantation were significant risk factors for secondary cancers. ..
- Tsushima Y, Ishiguchi T, Murakami T, Hayashi H, Hayakawa K, Fukuda K, et al. Safe use of iodinated and gadolinium-based contrast media in current practice in Japan: a questionnaire survey. Jpn J Radiol. 2016;34:130-9 pubmed publisher..Our questionnaire survey revealed that preventive actions against CIN were properly performed based on patients' eGFR. Preventive actions against NSF and AAR still lacked consensus. ..
- Makino T, Nakamura R, Terakawa M, Muneoka S, Nagahira K, Nagane Y, et al. Analysis of peripheral B cells and autoantibodies against the anti-nicotinic acetylcholine receptor derived from patients with myasthenia gravis using single-cell manipulation tools. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185976 pubmed publisher..Our methodology can be applied not only to validate pathogenic Abs as molecular target of MG treatment, but also to discover and analyze Ab production systems in other human diseases...
- Shimamoto K, Ito T, Ozaki Y, Amuro H, Tanaka A, Nishizawa T, et al. Serum interleukin 6 before and after therapy with tocilizumab is a principal biomarker in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2013;40:1074-81 pubmed publisher..Measurement of serum IL-6 in RA before treatment may be useful to estimate residual disease activity after TCZ treatment and to predict responsiveness to TCZ treatment. ..
- Uemura K, Murakami Y, Satoi S, Sho M, Motoi F, Kawai M, et al. Impact of Preoperative Biliary Drainage on Long-Term Survival in Resected Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma: A Multicenter Observational Study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S1238-46 pubmed publisher..001) and use of PTBD (P = 0.004). Use of PTBD, but not EBD, was associated with a poorer prognosis, with an increased rate of peritoneal recurrence among patients who underwent PD for PDAC. ..
- Sawada M, Ozaki M, Taniguchi H, Tateishi R, Mori Y, Mino K. [Effect of a newly developed platinum compound cis-1, 1-cyclobutane dicarboxylato-(2R)-2-methyl-1,4-butane diamine platinum (II), on human ovarian tumors transplanted into nude mice]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 1988;15:637-41 pubmed..A significant weight loss was noted in the non-tumor bearing nude mice treated with CDDP, as compared with the loss in both control and NK 121-treated groups. NK 121 showed a good antitumor activity without showing severe toxicities...
- Hara H, Morita S, Ishibashi T, Sako S, Otani M, Tanigawa N. Surgical treatment for congenital biliary dilatation, with or without intrahepatic bile duct dilatation. Hepatogastroenterology. 2001;48:638-41 pubmed..The incidence of postoperative cholangitis differs between patients with and those without congenital intrahepatic bile duct dilatation. The aim of this study was to evaluate comparatively the treatment results in these two patients groups...
- Matsumoto C, Arimura E, Okuyama S, Takada S, Hashimoto S, Shimomura Y. Quantification of metamorphopsia in patients with epiretinal membranes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:4012-6 pubmed..M-CHARTS provide a very simple and useful method for evaluating the severity of metamorphopsia in patients with ERM. ..
- Sasaki Y, Chiba Y. Successful intrauterine treatment of cystic hygroma colli using OK-432. A case report. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2003;18:391-6 pubmed..One month later, the slight swelling of the skin had completely disappeared. Intrauterine injection of OK-432 was a safe and effective therapy for fetal cystic hygroma. ..
- Tanaka Taya K, Sashihara J, Kurahashi H, Amo K, Miyagawa H, Kondo K, et al. Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) is transmitted from parent to child in an integrated form and characterization of cases with chromosomally integrated HHV-6 DNA. J Med Virol. 2004;73:465-73 pubmed..These cases shared no clinical features, and included three healthy individuals. Our data suggest that CIHHV-6 is rare but detectable in the general population and that hereditary transmission is one of the routes of HHV-6 transmission. ..
- Terai H, Shimahara M. Atrophic tongue associated with Candida. J Oral Pathol Med. 2005;34:397-400 pubmed..Long disease duration and no benefit by topical steroids are suggestive and diagnostic factors of this disease. ..
- Takahashi Y, Kakizaki H, Chan W, Selva D. Management of congenital nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Acta Ophthalmol. 2010;88:506-13 pubmed publisher..In patients in whom probing fails, advanced treatment such as balloon catheter dilation, silicone tube intubation or dacryocystorhinostomy may be considered...
- Harada K, Miyamoto Y, Morisaki H, Ohta N, Yamanaka I, Kokubo Y, et al. A novel Thr56Met mutation of the autosomal recessive hypercholesterolemia gene associated with hypercholesterolemia. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2010;17:131-40 pubmed
- Ishihara R, Inoue T, Hanaoka N, Takeuchi Y, Tsujii Y, Kanzaki H, et al. Autofluorescence imaging endoscopy for screening of esophageal squamous mucosal high-grade neoplasia: a phase II study. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;27:86-90 pubmed publisher..003). The sensitivity of AFI for the detection of new squamous mucosal high-grade neoplasias, and its PPV, were both low. Based on these results, a randomized study to compare AFI with standard techniques is not justified. ..
- Jokoji R, Tsuji H, Tsujimoto M, Shinno N, Tori M. Intraductal tubulopapillary neoplasm of pancreas with stromal osseous and cartilaginous metaplasia; a case report. Pathol Int. 2012;62:339-43 pubmed publisher..This case suggests that ITPN is a relatively indolent tumor with a better prognosis than that of other types of invasive ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas...
- Atagi S, Kawahara M, Yokoyama A, Okamoto H, Yamamoto N, Ohe Y, et al. Thoracic radiotherapy with or without daily low-dose carboplatin in elderly patients with non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomised, controlled, phase 3 trial by the Japan Clinical Oncology Group (JCOG0301). Lancet Oncol. 2012;13:671-8 pubmed publisher..Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare of Japan. ..
- Tanaka Y, Terai Y, Kawaguchi H, Fujiwara S, Yoo S, Tsunetoh S, et al. Prognostic impact of EMT (epithelial-mesenchymal-transition)-related protein expression in endometrial cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2013;14:13-9 pubmed publisher..01). These data indicate that EMT status has a prognostic impact in endometrial cancer. Therefore, the clarification and control of EMT signaling is a promising molecular targeting therapy in endometrial cancer. ..
- Nakatani S, Ishimura E, Mori K, Fukumoto S, Yamano S, Wei M, et al. Nephronectin expression in glomeruli of renal biopsy specimens from various kidney diseases: nephronectin is expressed in the mesangial matrix expansion of diabetic nephropathy. Nephron Clin Pract. 2012;122:114-21 pubmed publisher..The expression of nephronectin was sufficient to discriminate DN from other kidney diseases with mesangial matrix expansion and nodular lesions. We consider that nephronectin staining could be helpful in the diagnosis of DN. ..
- Kuniyoshi K, Takeuchi O, Pandey S, Satoh T, Iwasaki H, Akira S, et al. Pivotal role of RNA-binding E3 ubiquitin ligase MEX3C in RIG-I-mediated antiviral innate immunity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5646-51 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that MEX3C is an E3 ubiquitin ligase that modifies RIG-I in stress granules and plays a critical role in eliciting antiviral immune responses. ..
- Tada K, Tanaka M, Hanayama R, Miwa K, Shinohara A, Iwamatsu A, et al. Tethering of apoptotic cells to phagocytes through binding of CD47 to Src homology 2 domain-bearing protein tyrosine phosphatase substrate-1. J Immunol. 2003;171:5718-26 pubmed..These results indicate that macrophages require CD47 and phosphatidylserine on apoptotic cells for engulfment, and suggest that the interaction between CD47 and SHPS-1 works as a tethering step in the phagocytosis. ..
- Hirayama A, Kusuoka H, Yamamoto H, Sakata Y, Asakura M, Higuchi Y, et al. Usefulness of plasma brain natriuretic peptide concentration for predicting subsequent left ventricular remodeling after coronary angioplasty in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2006;98:453-7 pubmed..In conclusion, these results suggest that plasma BNP concentration predicts left ventricular dilation independently of IRA patency. ..
- Kakuno Y, Yamada T, Mori H, Narabayashi I. Establishment and characterization of a cell line (OMC-9) originating from a human endometrial stromal sarcoma. Hum Cell. 2008;21:46-55 pubmed publisher..OMC-9 is the first endometrial stromal sarcoma cell line in which CD10 expression and chemosensitivity have been identified...
- Shoji T, Hatsuda S, Tsuchikura S, Kimoto E, Kakiya R, Tahara H, et al. Plasma angiopoietin-like protein 3 (ANGPTL3) concentration is associated with uremic dyslipidemia. Atherosclerosis. 2009;207:579-84 pubmed publisher..The reduced ANGPTL3 level in hemodialysis patients was consistently associated with the major components of uremic dyslipidemia. ANGPTL3 may be a novel factor contributing to uremic dyslipidemia. ..
- Endo T, Okuno R, Yokoe M, Akazawa K, Sakoda S. A novel method for systematic analysis of rigidity in Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2009;24:2218-24 pubmed publisher..The EMG index was useful for differentiating PD patients with slight rigidity from healthy elderly adults...
- Okamoto K, Okamoto I, Takezawa K, Tachibana I, Fukuoka M, Nishimura Y, et al. Cisplatin and etoposide chemotherapy combined with early concurrent twice-daily thoracic radiotherapy for limited-disease small cell lung cancer in elderly patients. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010;40:54-9 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies are required to establish the optimal schedule and dose of chemotherapy and TRT in such patients. ..
- Asami K, Kawahara M, Atagi S, Kawaguchi T, Okishio K. Duration of prior gefitinib treatment predicts survival potential in patients with lung adenocarcinoma receiving subsequent erlotinib. Lung Cancer. 2011;73:211-6 pubmed publisher..3 vs. 6.4 months; p=0.04). Erlotinib may exert survival benefit for lung adenocarcinoma patients with less than 12 months of TTP of prior gefitinib who achieved PR for gefitinib. ..
- Yamamoto T, Yanagimoto H, Satoi S, Toyokawa H, Hirooka S, Yamaki S, et al. Circulating CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in patients with pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 2012;41:409-15 pubmed publisher..A relative increase in Treg may be related to immunosuppression and tumor progression in patients with pancreatic cancer. The immunological monitoring of Treg may be useful to predict the prognosis for patients with pancreatic cancer. ..
- Okochi J, Takahashi T, Takamuku K, Escorpizo R. Staging of mobility, transfer and walking functions of elderly persons based on the codes of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. BMC Geriatr. 2013;13:16 pubmed publisher..By using the ICF as a common taxonomy, these scales could be used internationally as assessment scales in geriatric care settings. However these scales require further validity and reliability studies for international application. ..
- Howard M, Murakami Y, Pagnamenta A, Daumer Haas C, Fischer B, Hecht J, et al. Mutations in PGAP3 impair GPI-anchor maturation, causing a subtype of hyperphosphatasia with mental retardation. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:278-87 pubmed publisher..Impairment of PGAP3 causes a subtype of hyperphosphatasia with ID, a congenital disorder of glycosylation that is also referred to as Mabry syndrome. ..
- Hoshino T, Ichikawa K, Hara T, Terakawa S, Hosomi K, Nishimura K, et al. Optimization of scan timing for aortic computed tomographic angiography using the test bolus injection technique. Acta Radiol. 2016;57:829-36 pubmed publisher..0% and 46.0%, respectively. The FTI method was very effective in reducing the risk of outpacing of the contrast medium transit in aortic CTA without the need for an additional contrast medium dose. ..
- Kawabata Y, Ikegami H, Kawaguchi Y, Fujisawa T, Shintani M, Ono M, et al. Asian-specific HLA haplotypes reveal heterogeneity of the contribution of HLA-DR and -DQ haplotypes to susceptibility to type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2002;51:545-51 pubmed
- Inoue T, Ku K, Kaneda T, Zang Z, Otaki M, Oku H. Cardioprotective effects of lowering oxygen tension after aortic unclamping on cardiopulmonary bypass during coronary artery bypass grafting. Circ J. 2002;66:718-22 pubmed..It is a convenient and safe management technique that can reduce morbidity and mortality, especially in the severely compromised heart. ..
- Nakahira A, Yagihara T, Kagisaki K, Hagino I, Ishizaka T, Koh M, et al. Partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection to the superior vena cava. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;82:978-82 pubmed..Patients with particularly high insertion of anomalous pulmonary veins should be treated and followed with specific caution for preserving an unobstructed caval pathway. ..
- Konishi H, Namikawa K, Shikata K, Kobatake Y, Tachibana T, Kiyama H. Identification of peripherin as a Akt substrate in neurons. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23491-9 pubmed..These results suggest that peripherin is a novel substrate for Akt in vivo and that its phosphorylation may play a role in motor nerve regeneration. ..
- Saiki O, Takao R, Naruse Y, Kuhara M, Imai S, Uda H. Infliximab but not methotrexate induces extra-high levels of VLDL-triglyceride in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2007;34:1997-2004 pubmed..Thus, there is differential regulation of the lipid profile between IFX and MTX, necessitating careful attention to TG levels with IFX treatment. ..
- Nakayama S, Miyoshi Y, Ishihara H, Noguchi S. Growth-inhibitory effect of adiponectin via adiponectin receptor 1 on human breast cancer cells through inhibition of S-phase entry without inducing apoptosis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008;112:405-10 pubmed..Taken together, adiponectin decreases breast cancer cell proliferation by inhibiting the entry into S-phase without inducing apoptosis, and this inhibitory effect is mediated through adiponectin receptor 1. ..
- Ogawa Y, Hai E, Matsumoto K, Ikeda K, Tokunaga S, Nagahara H, et al. Androgen receptor expression in breast cancer: relationship with clinicopathological factors and biomarkers. Int J Clin Oncol. 2008;13:431-5 pubmed publisher..The assessment of AR expression may lead to new treatment strategies for breast cancer, especially in postmenopausal women and in women with tumors that show triple negativity for hormone receptors. ..
- Nishimura S, Tsuda H, Miyagi Y, Hirasawa A, Suzuki A, Kataoka F, et al. Can ABCF2 protein expression predict the prognosis of uterine cancer?. Br J Cancer. 2008;99:1651-5 pubmed publisher..ATP-binding cassette superfamily F2 expression may be a useful prognostic marker in cervical but not endometrial cancer. The role of ABCF2 protein may differ depending on the type of cancer...
- Hirota N, Konaka K, Ono T, Tamine K, Kondo J, Hori K, et al. Reduced tongue pressure against the hard palate on the paralyzed side during swallowing predicts Dysphagia in patients with acute stroke. Stroke. 2010;41:2982-4 pubmed publisher..6 kPa on the paralyzed side, offering 71.4% sensitivity and 72.3% specificity. Reduced tongue pressure on the paralyzed side may predict dysphagia in patients with acute stroke. ..
- Nagai N, Ito Y, Taga A. Comparison of the enhancement of plasma glucose levels in type 2 diabetes Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima Fatty rats by oral administration of sucrose or maple syrup. J Oleo Sci. 2013;62:737-43 pubmed..The present study strongly suggests that the maple syrup may have a lower glycemic index than sucrose, which may help in the prevention of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Azumagawa K, Nomura S, Shigeri Y, Jones L, Sato D, Nakashima I, et al. Post-vaccination MDEM associated with MOG antibody in a subclinical Chlamydia infected boy. Brain Dev. 2016;38:690-3 pubmed publisher..We propose the possibility that post-vaccination demyelinating disease may result from the synergistic effects of a preceding anti-MOG antibody, possibly produced in response to a subclinical Chlamydia species infection. ..
- Kameda M, Yamada S, Atsuchi M, Kimura T, Kazui H, Miyajima M, et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of shunt surgery for idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus based on the SINPHONI and SINPHONI-2 trials. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2017;159:995-1003 pubmed publisher..The SINPHONI-2 study was registered with the University Hospital Medical Information Network Clinical Trials registry: UMIN000002730) SINPHONI was registered with ClinicalTrials.gov, no. NCT00221091. ..
- Maruyama D, Nagai H, Maeda Y, Nakane T, Shimoyama T, Nakazato T, et al. Phase I/II study of pralatrexate in Japanese patients with relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:2061-2068 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that pralatrexate is generally well tolerated and effective in Japanese patients with relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma. This trial was registered with ClinicalTrials.gov (NCT02013362). ..
- Yoshimura R, Matsuyama M, Segawa Y, Hase T, Mitsuhashi M, Tsuchida K, et al. Expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) in human urinary bladder carcinoma and growth inhibition by its agonists. Int J Cancer. 2003;104:597-602 pubmed..PPAR-gamma is expressed in bladder tumor, and results suggest that PPAR-gamma ligands may mediate potent antiproliferative effects against BT cells. Thus, PPAR-gamma has the ability to become a new target in treatment of bladder tumor. ..
- Yamasaki S, Nishida K, Yoshida Y, Itoh M, Hibi M, Hirano T. Gab1 is required for EGF receptor signaling and the transformation by activated ErbB2. Oncogene. 2003;22:1546-56 pubmed..The data show that Gab1 plays an essential role in EGF-receptor/ErbB-mediated cell proliferation and oncogenesis. ..
- Obama K, Kanai M, Taki Y, Nakamoto Y, Takabayashi A. Tuberculous lymphadenitis as a cause of obstructive jaundice: report of a case. Surg Today. 2003;33:229-31 pubmed..The patient has not suffered any further episodes of obstructive jaundice. This case report demonstrates that positive FDG-PET results should be interpreted carefully when diagnosing tumors of the pancreatic head. ..
- Murata H, Kawano S, Tsuji S, Kamada T, Matsuzawa Y, Katsu K, et al. Combination therapy of ecabet sodium and cimetidine compared with cimetidine alone for gastric ulcer: prospective randomized multicenter study. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2003;18:1029-33 pubmed..No adverse effects were critical. Ecabet sodium significantly augmented gastric ulcer healing and symptom relief by cimetidine, especially in the elderly. ..
- Ohta H, Sakai H, Nakahara I, Sakai N, Nagata I, Ishibashi Ueda H. Spontaneous superficial temporal artery aneurysm associated with multiple intracranial cerebral aneurysms--does it segmental mediolytic arteriopathy of the intra- and extra-cranial arteries?. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2003;145:805-6 pubmed
- Ishikawa M. Clinical guidelines for idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2004;44:222-3 pubmed..Use of the programmable valve is recommended to decrease CSF overdrainage. These guidelines are helpful for the diagnosis and treatment of iNPH. ..
- Funauchi M, Shimadsu H, Tamaki C, Yamagata T, Nozaki Y, Sugiyama M, et al. Role of endothelial damage in the pathogenesis of interstitial pneumonitis in patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositis. J Rheumatol. 2006;33:903-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that endothelial damage might play an important role through the production of fibrosis-enhancing factors such as TGF-beta or ET-1 in PM/DM. ..
- Nakanishi N, Abe H, Ogura Y, Hayashi T, Tashiro K, Kuhara S, et al. ppGpp with DksA controls gene expression in the locus of enterocyte effacement (LEE) pathogenicity island of enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli through activation of two virulence regulatory genes. Mol Microbiol. 2006;61:194-205 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the regulation of virulence genes in EHEC is integrated with E. coli's stringent response system, through the regulation of virulence regulatory genes...
- Suzuki K, Morokata T, Morihira K, Sato I, Takizawa S, Kaneko M, et al. A dual antagonist for chemokine CCR3 receptor and histamine H1 receptor. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;563:224-32 pubmed..These results indicate that YM-344484, a novel and functional dual antagonist for chemokine CCR3 receptor and histamine H1 receptor, is an attractive candidate for development as a novel anti-allergic inflammation drug. ..
- Fukui M, Chiba K, Kawakami M, Kikuchi S, Konno S, Miyamoto M, et al. Japanese Orthopaedic Association Cervical Myelopathy Evaluation Questionnaire (JOACMEQ): Part 2. Endorsement of the alternative item. J Orthop Sci. 2007;12:241-8 pubmed..The questionnaire has sufficient reliability for clinical use. It is possible that the JOACMEQ will prevail and become a global standard to evaluate outcomes in patients with cervical myelopathy. ..
- Sasaki H, Funao J, Morinaga H, Nakano K, Ooshima T. Multiple supernumerary teeth in the maxillary canine and mandibular premolar regions: a case in the postpermanent dentition. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2007;17:304-8 pubmed..The supernumerary teeth in the maxilla were diagnosed at 12.2 years of age and in the mandible at 14.1 years of age. Four supernumerary teeth in the maxillary and mandibular canine-premolar region is a rare finding. ..
- Fukushima Y, Tamura M, Nakagawa H, Itoh K. Induction of glioma cell migration by vitronectin in human serum and cerebrospinal fluid. J Neurosurg. 2007;107:578-85 pubmed..These results suggest that vitronectin is one of the major factors in serum- and CSF-induced glioma cell migration. ..
- Tachibana T, Hagiwara K, Johkoh T. Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis: review and management. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2009;15:486-90 pubmed publisher..Scrutiny of the long-term follow-up data of PAM patients reveals that the prognosis for PAM is poor. The establishment of an effective treatment, which is not yet available, is mandatory. ..
- Hashimoto K, Osugi T, Noguchi S, Morimoto Y, Wasada K, Imai S, et al. A1C but not serum glycated albumin is elevated because of iron deficiency in late pregnancy in diabetic women. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:509-11 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS A1C levels, but not serum glycated albumin levels, are elevated in late pregnancy because of iron deficiency in diabetic women. Serum glycated albumin may offer an adequate marker for glycemic control during pregnancy. ..
- Kurimoto A, Hashimoto K, Nakamura T, Norimura K, Ogita H, Takaku H, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 8-oxoadenine derivatives as toll-like receptor 7 agonists introducing the antedrug concept. J Med Chem. 2010;53:2964-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the TLR7 agonist with antedrug characteristics 9e (SM-324405) is a novel candidate for immunotherapy of allergic diseases. ..
- Shintaku M, Honda T, Sakai T. Expression of podoplanin and calretinin in meningioma: an immunohistochemical study. Brain Tumor Pathol. 2010;27:23-7 pubmed publisher..However, most meningiomas did not contain calretinin-immunoreactive cells, a finding that differs from the diffuse immunoreactivity seen in mesothelioma. ..
- Iwamoto T, Yamamoto N, Taguchi T, Tamaki Y, Noguchi S. BRCA1 promoter methylation in peripheral blood cells is associated with increased risk of breast cancer with BRCA1 promoter methylation. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;129:69-77 pubmed publisher..This seems to indicate that BRCA1 promoter methylation in PBCs may constitute a novel risk factor for breast cancer with BRCA1 promoter methylation. ..
- Kidoya H, Kunii N, Naito H, Muramatsu F, Okamoto Y, Nakayama T, et al. The apelin/APJ system induces maturation of the tumor vasculature and improves the efficiency of immune therapy. Oncogene. 2012;31:3254-64 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a new target for tumor vascular-specific maturation, which is expected to improve the efficacy of conventional cancer therapies. ..
- Osaki Y, Ueda Y, Marusawa H, Nakajima J, Kimura T, Kita R, et al. Decrease in alpha-fetoprotein levels predicts reduced incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with hepatitis C virus infection receiving interferon therapy: a single center study. J Gastroenterol. 2012;47:444-51 pubmed publisher..Among non-SVR patients, a decrease in the AFP integration value by interferon therapy closely correlates with reduced risk of HCC incidence after treatment. ..
- Nambu T, Mori K, Shinoto Y, Izumi R, Matsuo K, Kanai Y, et al. Diabetic ketoacidosis accompanied by hypothermia: a case report. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2012;96:326-30 pubmed publisher..Hypothermia is defined as a core temperature of less than 35°C and is sometimes accompanied by DKA. We report two patients with diabetes who were admitted for DKA accompanied by hypothermia...
- Hori M, Matsumoto M, Tanahashi N, Momomura S, Uchiyama S, Goto S, et al. Rivaroxaban vs. warfarin in Japanese patients with atrial fibrillation – the J-ROCKET AF study –. Circ J. 2012;76:2104-11 pubmed..warfarin (HR, 0.49; P=0.050). J-ROCKET AF demonstrated the safety of a Japan-specific rivaroxaban dose and supports bridging the global ROCKET AF results into Japanese clinical practice. ..
- Shimizu Y, Imano H, Ohira T, Kitamura A, Kiyama M, Okada T, et al. Alkaline phosphatase and risk of stroke among Japanese: the Circulatory Risk in Communities Study (CIRCS). J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2013;22:1046-55 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that not only higher, but also lower, serum ALP level may be a predictor for the risk of stroke in nondrinking men and women. ..
- Saitoh Y. Validation and the future of stimulation therapy of the primary motor cortex. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2012;52:451-6 pubmed..New methods and devices for rTMS therapy are under development, and rTMS of the M1 is likely to be established as an effective therapy for some neurological disorders. The present review discusses EMCS and rTMS of the M1 concisely. ..
- Kikuta J, Kawamura S, Okiji F, Shirazaki M, Sakai S, Saito H, et al. Sphingosine-1-phosphate-mediated osteoclast precursor monocyte migration is a critical point of control in antibone-resorptive action of active vitamin D. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7009-13 pubmed publisher..These results show a mechanism for active vitamin D in controlling the migratory behavior of circulating osteoclast precursors, and this action should be conducive to limiting osteoclastic bone resorption in vivo...
- Ishida K, Nakamura T, Kimura K, Kanno N, Takahashi N, Kamijo Y, et al. Suppression of activation of muscle sympathetic nerve during non-noxious local cooling after the end of local cooling in normal adults. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2016;116:851-8 pubmed publisher..9 % (p < 0.05) at recovery. LBF remained constant through the experiment. The results suggest that MSNA is activated by non-noxious local cooling, and attenuated after the end of local cooling without any changes in HR and BP. ..
- Seo Y, Tamari K, Yoshioka Y, Isohashi F, Suzuki O, Hayashi K, et al. Characterization of in vitro radiosensitization in mammalian cells using biomathematical modelling: implications for hypofractionated radiotherapy with a combined modality approach. Br J Radiol. 2016;89:20150724 pubmed publisher..Radiosensitization can be classified into two groups, Î±- and Î²-sensitizations. These two phenomena may stem from distinct underlying mechanisms. ..
- Aoyama K, Oritani K, Yokota T, Ishikawa J, Nishiura T, Miyake K, et al. Stromal cell CD9 regulates differentiation of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. Blood. 1999;93:2586-94 pubmed..These observations show that stromal-cell CD9 influences physical interactions with hematopoietic cells and may be one factor that determines the degree of stem cell differentiation. ..
- Nakamura Y, Yutani C, Nakazato M, Date Y, Baba T, Goto Y. A case of hereditary amyloidosis transthyretin variant Met 30 with amyloid cardiomyopathy, less polyneuropathy, and the presence of giant cells. Pathol Int. 1999;49:898-902 pubmed..An autopsy was performed, and histological examination revealed many foreign-body giant cells and macrophages in the area of amyloid deposition that was found in nearly all of the organs...
- Oiso N, Fukai K, Ishii M. Interleukin 4 receptor alpha chain polymorphism Gln551Arg is associated with adult atopic dermatitis in Japan. Br J Dermatol. 2000;142:1003-6 pubmed..Glu375Ala and Cys406Arg also showed no association with AD. The IL 4R gene should thus be considered a compelling candidate gene for AD. ..
- Adachi S, Hanada M, Kobayashi Y, Tsutahara K, Fukuhara S, Mori N, et al. Heavily melanotic perivascular epithelioid clear cell tumor of the kidney. Pathol Int. 2004;54:261-5 pubmed..Immunohistochemical examinations and the presence of cytoplasmic melanin can help the differentiation. ..
- Miyai I, Saito T, Nozaki S, Kang J. A pilot study of the effect of L-threodops on rehabilitation outcome of stroke patients. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2000;14:141-7 pubmed..There were no side effects that required discontinuation of the drug. These results suggest that L-DOPS treatment paired with PT and OT may be effective in improving functional outcome in stroke...
- Ishikawa K, Idoguchi K, Tanaka H, Tohma Y, Ukai I, Watanabe H, et al. Classification of acute pancreatitis based on retroperitoneal extension: application of the concept of interfascial planes. Eur J Radiol. 2006;60:445-52 pubmed..Classification of acute pancreatitis based on CT-determined retroperitoneal extension is a useful indicator of the disease severity and prognosis without the need for contrast-medium enhanced CT. ..
- Kawabata K, Tashiro K, Sakurai F, Osada N, Kusuda J, Hayakawa T, et al. Positive and negative regulation of adenovirus infection by CAR-like soluble protein, CLSP. Gene Ther. 2007;14:1199-207 pubmed..Computational analysis for a genome database showed that the CLSP gene is rodent-specific, and that human and bovine lack this gene. These results suggest that CLSP may play a role in the antiviral defense of the host in rodent animals. ..
- Hasegawa K, Yoshikawa K. Necdin regulates p53 acetylation via Sirtuin1 to modulate DNA damage response in cortical neurons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8772-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that necdin downregulates p53 acetylation levels by forming a stable complex with p53 and Sirt1 to protect neurons from DNA damage-induced apoptosis. ..