Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
- Kikuchi K, Ishida H, Kimura T. Molecular cloning of a novel member of semaphorin family genes, semaphorin Z. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1997;51:229-37 pubmed..5 through E13.5, but not in the brain. However, at E15, 18, 21 and P0, semaZ was highly expressed in the brain. Sema Z might play a role in both peripheral and central nervous system development. ..
- Naito N, Nishimura T, Iizuka K, Fujii Y, Takewa Y, Umeki A, et al. Novel Rotational Speed Modulation System Used With Venoarterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1488-1495 pubmed publisher..Our system enabled an increase in coronary arterial flow and a decrease in LV work load and afterload during VA-ECMO. The system offers the effects of VA-ECMO and an IABP in a single device. ..
- Dewi D, Ishii H, Haraguchi N, Nishikawa S, Kano Y, Fukusumi T, et al. Dicer 1, ribonuclease type III modulates a reprogramming effect in colorectal cancer cells. Int J Mol Med. 2012;29:1060-4 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate the critical role of miRNAs in the reprogramming process and determination of a differentiated phenotype of CRC cells. ..
- Nakayama S, Yokote T, Kobayashi K, Hirata Y, Hiraiwa T, Komoto I, et al. VIPoma with expression of both VIP and VPAC1 receptors in a patient with WDHA syndrome. Endocrine. 2009;35:143-6 pubmed publisher..This is the first case report of a VIPoma that immunostains for VIP and VPAC1 receptors and indicates that abundant VIP produced by VIPoma might inhibit its growth and reduce VIP secretion via the VPAC1 receptor in vivo...
- Kishino M, Murakami S, Yuki M, Iida S, Ogawa Y, Kogo M, et al. A immunohistochemical study of the peripheral ameloblastoma. Oral Dis. 2007;13:575-80 pubmed..In this study, we examined the immunohistochemical profiles of cytokeratins (CKs) and Ki-67 labeling index (LI) of PAs, and discuss the histogenesis and the biologic behavior of the PA...
- Sasai Takedatsu M, Taketani S, Nagata N, Furukawa T, Tokunaga R, Kojima T, et al. Human trehalase: characterization, localization, and its increase in urine by renal proximal tubular damage. Nephron. 1996;73:179-85 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, we conclude that the increase of urinary trehalase reflects the extent of renal tubular damage, and we propose that urinary trehalase can be a specific marker of renal tubular damage. ..
- Nagoshi E, Imamoto N, Sato R, Yoneda Y. Nuclear import of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2, a basic helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper (bHLH-Zip)-containing transcription factor, occurs through the direct interaction of importin beta with HLH-Zip. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2221-33 pubmed..We further demonstrate that the helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper motif of SREBP-2 contains a novel type of nuclear localization signal, which binds directly to importin beta. ..
- Ichinose T, Takami T, Yamamoto N, Tsuyuguchi N, Ohata K. Intratumoral hemorrhage of spinal schwannoma of the cauda equina manifesting as acute paraparesis--case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2009;49:255-7 pubmed..T(2)(*)-weighted gradient-echo magnetic resonance imaging is very useful to help establish the preoperative diagnosis, leading to early surgical intervention and better outcome after surgery...
- Shirakawa M, Ozawa T, Tateishi C, Fujii N, Sakahara D, Ishii M. Intense pulsed light therapy for aberrant Mongolian spots. Osaka City Med J. 2012;58:59-65 pubmed..As far as we could determine, there have been no clinical and histological studies on the treatment of AMS with IPL. Accordingly, the aim of this study was to assess the clinical and histological efficacy of IPL for AMS...
- Ishihara R, Taketani S, Sasai Takedatsu M, Kino M, Tokunaga R, Kobayashi Y. Molecular cloning, sequencing and expression of cDNA encoding human trehalase. Gene. 1997;202:69-74 pubmed..The isolation and expression of cDNA for human trehalase should facilitate studies of the structure of the gene, as well as a basis for a better understanding of the catalytic mechanism. ..
- Kumar H, Pandey S, Zou J, Kumagai Y, Takahashi K, Akira S, et al. NLRC5 deficiency does not influence cytokine induction by virus and bacteria infections. J Immunol. 2011;186:994-1000 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that NLRC5 is dispensable for cytokine induction in virus and bacterial infections under physiologic conditions. ..
- Iida H, Nakagawara J, Hayashida K, Fukushima K, Watabe H, Koshino K, et al. Multicenter evaluation of a standardized protocol for rest and acetazolamide cerebral blood flow assessment using a quantitative SPECT reconstruction program and split-dose 123I-iodoamphetamine. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:1624-31 pubmed publisher..1 ± 5.1 mL/min/100 g, n = 6). This study demonstrates that SPECT can quantitatively provide physiologic functional images of rest and acetazolamide challenge CBF, using a quantitative reconstruction software package. ..
- Taguwa S, Kambara H, Omori H, Tani H, Abe T, Mori Y, et al. Cochaperone activity of human butyrate-induced transcript 1 facilitates hepatitis C virus replication through an Hsp90-dependent pathway. J Virol. 2009;83:10427-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that an Hsp90-dependent chaperone pathway incorporating hB-ind1 is involved in protein folding in the membranous web for the circumvention of the UPR and that it facilitates HCV replication. ..
- Mochizuki R, Ishizuka Y, Yanai K, Koga Y, Fukamizu A, Murakami K. Molecular cloning and expression of human neurochondrin-1 and -2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1446:397-402 pubmed..9 and 77.2 kDa, respectively. The deduced amino acid sequence indicates 98% identity among human, mouse and rat species. Northern analysis indicates that about 4 kb human neurochondrin mRNAs are abundant in the fetal and the adult brain. ..
- Fujii N, Awakura M, Takemoto L, Inomata M, Takata T, Fujii N, et al. Characterization of alphaA-crystallin from high molecular weight aggregates in the normal human lens. Mol Vis. 2003;9:315-22 pubmed
- Nakayama E, Meyer L, Iwamoto A, Persoz A, Nagai Y, Rouzioux C, et al. Protective effect of interleukin-4 -589T polymorphism on human immunodeficiency virus type 1 disease progression: relationship with virus load. J Infect Dis. 2002;185:1183-6 pubmed..04). Adjustment for early serum virus load greatly diminished the strength of this association. These results suggest that IL-4 -589T protects against HIV-1 disease progression by reducing virus load. ..
- Tsuji Kawahara S, Kawabata H, Matsukuma H, Kinoshita S, Chikaishi T, Sakamoto M, et al. Differential requirements of cellular and humoral immune responses for Fv2-associated resistance to erythroleukemia and for regulation of retrovirus-induced myeloid leukemia development. J Virol. 2013;87:13760-74 pubmed publisher
- Hori K, Yasuda H, Konno D, Maruoka H, Tsumoto T, Sobue K. NMDA receptor-dependent synaptic translocation of insulin receptor substrate p53 via protein kinase C signaling. J Neurosci. 2005;25:2670-81 pubmed..These data suggest that IRSp53 is involved in NMDA receptor-linked synaptic plasticity via PKC signaling. ..
- Okada N, Matsuda S, Matsuyama J, Park K, de Los Reyes C, Kogure K, et al. Presence of genes for type III secretion system 2 in Vibrio mimicus strains. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:302 pubmed publisher..cholerae non-O1/non-O139 serogroup strains. However, whether T3SS2-related genes are present in other Vibrio species remains unclear...
- Sakon N, Yamazaki K, Yoda T, Kanki M, Otake T, Tsukamoto T. A norovirus outbreak of gastroenteritis linked to packed lunches. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2005;58:253 pubmed
- Lowmunkong R, Sohmura T, Takahashi J, Suzuki Y, Matsuya S, Ishikawa K. Transformation of 3DP gypsum model to HA by treating in ammonium phosphate solution. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2007;80:386-93 pubmed..With the present method, it is possible to transform the fabricated gypsum by 3D printing that is adaptive to the osseous defect into HA prostheses or scaffold. ..
- Kwon A, Yanagimoto H, Matsui Y, Imamura A. Agenesis of the gallbladder with hypoplastic cystic duct diagnosed at laparoscopy. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech. 2006;16:251-4 pubmed..Gallbladder agenesis is usually accompanied by the lack of the cystic duct. The present case is the third report of gallbladder agenesis with a patent or hypoplastic cystic duct...
- Song H, Nakayama E, Likanonsakul S, Wasi C, Iwamoto A, Shioda T. A three-base-deletion polymorphism in the upstream non-coding region of human interleukin 7 (IL-7) gene could enhance levels of IL-7 expression. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:107-13 pubmed
- Kurata T, Yamamoto N, Komiya T, Tsurutani J, Miyazaki M, Tamura K, et al. A phase I study of gemcitabine plus irinotecan for advanced NSCLC: Japan Clinical Oncology Group Trial (JCOG9904). Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010;40:992-4 pubmed publisher..We could not determine the recommended dose of this combination because of intolerable toxicities and no efficacy. Therefore, it is difficult to forward this combination chemotherapy toward further studies...
- Ijichi H, Tanaka T, Nakamura T, Yagi H, Hakuba A, Sato M. Molecular cloning and characterization of a human homologue of TBPIP, a BRCA1 locus-related gene. Gene. 2000;248:99-107 pubmed
- Hashimoto Y, Satoh T, Okamoto M, Takemori H. Importance of autophosphorylation at Ser186 in the A-loop of salt inducible kinase 1 for its sustained kinase activity. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:1724-39 pubmed publisher..This may also be the case for the other isoform SIK2, but not for SIK3. ..
- Takezawa K, Okamoto I, Tsukioka S, Uchida J, Kiniwa M, Fukuoka M, et al. Identification of thymidylate synthase as a potential therapeutic target for lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:354-61 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insight into the biological relevance of TS as well as a basis for clinical development of TS-targeted therapy for lung cancer. ..
- Komoto M, Nakata B, Nishii T, Kawajiri H, Shinto O, Amano R, et al. In vitro and in vivo evidence that a combination of lapatinib plus S-1 is a promising treatment for pancreatic cancer. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:468-73 pubmed publisher..Both lapatinib monotherapy and combined treatment with S-1 may be promising treatments for patients with pancreatic cancers; the majority these cancers express lapatinib target molecules. ..
- Oiso N, Yudate T, Kawara S, Kawada A. Successful treatment of lichen amyloidosus associated with atopic dermatitis using a combination of narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy, topical corticosteroids and an antihistamine. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2009;34:e833-6 pubmed publisher..This case suggests that NB-UVB phototherapy may be a useful adjuvant for LA associated with AD. ..
- Sabe H. Requirement for Arf6 in cell adhesion, migration, and cancer cell invasion. J Biochem. 2003;134:485-9 pubmed..Here the possible roles of a small GTP-binding protein, Arf6, in epithelial cell adhesion and migration, and also in cancer cell invasion, are discussed. ..
- Kitaba S, Murota H, Terao M, Azukizawa H, Terabe F, Shima Y, et al. Blockade of interleukin-6 receptor alleviates disease in mouse model of scleroderma. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:165-76 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that IL-6 contributes to BLM induced dermal sclerosis and that IL-6 receptor-specific monoclonal Ab may improve the symptoms of scleroderma by suppressing fibroblast activation. ..
- Nohara R, Daida H, Hata M, Kaku K, Kawamori R, Kishimoto J, et al. Effect of intensive lipid-lowering therapy with rosuvastatin on progression of carotid intima-media thickness in Japanese patients: Justification for Atherosclerosis Regression Treatment (JART) study. Circ J. 2012;76:221-9 pubmed..5 compared with 24 patients (16.4%) in the pravastatin group (P<0.0001). Rosuvastatin significantly slowed progression of carotid IMT at 12 months compared with pravastatin. ..
- Yoshida T, Yoshikawa T, Nabeshi H, Matsuyama K, Hirai T, Akase T, et al. Amorphous nanosilica particles induce ROS generation in Langerhans cells. Pharmazie. 2012;67:740-1 pubmed..This finding means that it is essential to examine the biological effects of ROS generated after exposure to nSPs, which will provide useful information for hazard identification as well as the design of safer nanomaterials...
- Kitahara T, Doi K, Maekawa C, Kizawa K, Horii A, Kubo T, et al. Meniere's attacks occur in the inner ear with excessive vasopressin type-2 receptors. J Neuroendocrinol. 2008;20:1295-300 pubmed publisher..Further experimental and clinical studies are needed to better clarify the relationship between Meniere's disease and stress. ..
- Kamida A, Fujita Y, Kato I, Iwai S, Ono K, Suzuki M, et al. Effect of neutron capture therapy on the cell cycle of human squamous cell carcinoma cells. Int J Radiat Biol. 2008;84:191-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the early inhibitory effect of BNCT on the growth of human oral SCC cells can be ascribed to arrest at the G1 and G2 checkpoints and apoptosis associated with G1 arrest. ..
- Arahori H, Tamura A, Wasada K, Shimoya K, Wada K, Murata Y, et al. Sonographic femur length to trunk cross area ratio: prediction of fetal outcome in 30 cases in which micromelia was suspected. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2007;33:248-53 pubmed..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the potential value of fetal routine sonographic biometry in evaluating micromelias...
- Inaba H, Tagashira M, Kanda T, Ohno T, Kawai S, Amano A. Apple- and hop-polyphenols protect periodontal ligament cells stimulated with enamel matrix derivative from Porphyromonas gingivalis. J Periodontol. 2005;76:2223-9 pubmed..In contrast, EGCg and LMW-HBP did not show protective effects. These results suggest that AP, ACT, AP, HBP, and HMW-HBP protect EMD-stimulated PDL cells from P. gingivalis and may be therapeutically useful supplements for EMD therapy. ..
- Yaku K, Enami Y, Kurajyo C, Matsui Yuasa I, Konishi Y, Kojima Yuasa A. The enhancement of phase 2 enzyme activities by sodium butyrate in normal intestinal epithelial cells is associated with Nrf2 and p53. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;370:7-14 pubmed publisher..Sodium butyrate enhances the activities of phase 2 enzymes via an increase in the Nrf2 protein levels in the nucleus and a decrease in the mRNA and protein levels of p53. ..
- Nakayama S, Yokote T, Iwaki K, Hirata Y, Akioka T, Miyoshi T, et al. Co-expression of multiple cytokines and their receptors in primary clear cell sarcoma of the pubic bone with features of a small round cell tumor. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25:799-804 pubmed..Thus, we suggest that proliferation through an IL-6- and G-CSF-associated autocrine mechanism may play an important role in the aggressive clinical course and poor prognosis of some CCSs showing features of SRCT...
- Nojima S, Toyofuku T, Kamao H, Ishigami C, Kaneko J, Okuno T, et al. A point mutation in Semaphorin 4A associates with defective endosomal sorting and causes retinal degeneration. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1406 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings not only indicate the importance of the Sema4A protein conformation in human and mouse retina homeostasis but also identify a novel therapeutic target for retinal degenerative diseases...
- Yagi T. Genetic basis of neuronal individuality in the mammalian brain. J Neurogenet. 2013;27:97-105 pubmed publisher..The molecular features of the diverse clustered Pcdh molecules suggest that they provide a genetic basis for neuronal individuality and appropriate neuronal wiring in the brain. ..
- Nagano S, Satoh M, Sumi H, Fujimura H, Tohyama C, Yanagihara T, et al. Reduction of metallothioneins promotes the disease expression of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis mice in a dose-dependent manner. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;13:1363-70 pubmed
- Kubo K, Honda E, Imoto M, Morishima Y. Capillary zone electrophoresis of albumin-depleted human serum using a linear polyacrylamide-coated capillary: separation of serum alpha-and beta-globulins into individual components. Electrophoresis. 2000;21:396-402 pubmed
- Kurata R, Fujita F, Oonishi K, Kuriyama K, Kawamata S. Inhibition of the CXCR3-mediated pathway suppresses ultraviolet B-induced pigmentation and erythema in skin. Br J Dermatol. 2010;163:593-602 pubmed publisher..UVB irradiation activates CXCR3-mediated signalling that leads to melanin synthesis. PSA pretreatment shows a lightening effect partly by attenuating CXCR3-mediated signalling at the transcriptional level. ..
- Kasai A. [Pathological role of apelin in angiogenic eye disease]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2011;131:1201-6 pubmed..Taken together, these findings clearly suggest that apelin/APJ system may be a crucial factor for pathological retinal angiogenesis. Inhibition of this system could offer new therapeutic opportunities against ischemic retinopathy. ..
- Kudawara I, Araki N, Nakanishi H, Mano M, Ishiguro S. Malignant mesenchymoma of the lower leg. J Clin Pathol. 2001;54:877-9 pubmed..Given the results, the definitive histological diagnosis is malignant mesenchymoma. This is the first report of malignant mesenchymoma of the lower leg with immunohistochemical and molecular studies...
- Tanaka Y, Terai Y, Tanabe A, Sasaki H, Sekijima T, Fujiwara S, et al. Prognostic effect of epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations and the aberrant phosphorylation of Akt and ERK in ovarian cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2011;11:50-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that the Akt, but not necessarily EGFR, is one of the most important target in the response of the platinum-based chemotherapy and prognosis for ovarian cancer patients. ..
- Imamura F, Ueno K, Kusunoki Y, Uchida J, Yoshimura M, Koizumi M, et al. High-dose-rate brachytherapy for small-sized peripherally located lung cancer. Strahlenther Onkol. 2006;182:703-7 pubmed..The demand for minimally invasive therapies is increasing in the treatment of small peripheral non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Okada K, Angkawidjaja C, Koga Y, Takano K, Kanaya S. Characteristic features of kynurenine aminotransferase allosterically regulated by (alpha)-ketoglutarate in cooperation with kynurenine. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40307 pubmed publisher..Thus, the combined data lead to the conclusion that PhKAT probably is regulated by allosteric control machineries, with 2OG as the allosteric inhibitor. ..
- Miyazawa M, Sugie A, Shimada T. Roles of human CYP2A6 and 2B6 and rat CYP2C11 and 2B1 in the 10-hydroxylation of (-)-verbenone by liver microsomes. Drug Metab Dispos. 2003;31:1049-53 pubmed
- Nakayama T, Yaoi T, Yasui M, Kuwajima G. N-copine: a novel two C2-domain-containing protein with neuronal activity-regulated expression. FEBS Lett. 1998;428:80-4 pubmed..We designated this protein N-copine (neuronal-copine). N-copine may have a role in synaptic plasticity. ..
- Aomatsu N, Yashiro M, Kashiwagi S, Takashima T, Ishikawa T, Ohsawa M, et al. CD133 is a useful surrogate marker for predicting chemosensitivity to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45865 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, most patients with CD133-positive tumors before NAC maintained the same status after NAC. CD133 before NAC might be a useful marker for predicting the effectiveness of NAC and recurrence of breast cancer after NAC. ..
- Kiryu Seo S, Kato R, Ogawa T, Nakagomi S, Nagata K, Kiyama H. Neuronal injury-inducible gene is synergistically regulated by ATF3, c-Jun, and STAT3 through the interaction with Sp1 in damaged neurons. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:6988-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that Sp1 recruit ATF3, c-Jun, and STAT3 to obtain the requisite synergistic effect. Of these transcription factors, ATF3 may be the most critical, because ATF3 is specifically expressed after nerve injury. ..
- Kishimoto W, Hiroi T, Shiraishi M, Osada M, Imaoka S, Kominami S, et al. Cytochrome P450 2D catalyze steroid 21-hydroxylation in the brain. Endocrinology. 2004;145:699-705 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Kawashima H, Makino T, Kamikawa S, Kato N, Nakatani T. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for interstitial cystitis resistant to conventional treatments. Int J Urol. 2007;14:563-5 pubmed..One woman (case 1) had mild Eustachian tube dysfunction, resulting in a transient hearing impairment. HBO seems to be an option for treatment of IC resistant to conventional therapies. ..
- Kurokawa K, Matsuda M. Localized RhoA activation as a requirement for the induction of membrane ruffling. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4294-303 pubmed..Finally, we found that mDia1, but not ROCK, was stably associated with membrane ruffles. In conclusion, these results suggested that RhoA cooperates with Rac1 and Cdc42 to induce membrane ruffles via the recruitment of mDia. ..
- Koyama T, Yashiro M, Matsuoka T, Sunami T, Ohira M, Hirakawa K. Establishment of a new scirrhous gastric carcinoma cell line with microsatellite instability. Oncol Rep. 2004;12:317-21 pubmed..OCUM-7 might be beneficial for analyzing the mechanisms of MSI in scirrhous gastric carcinoma...
- Fujiwara M, Kubota T, Wang W, Ohata Y, Miura K, Kitaoka T, et al. Successful induction of sclerostin in human-derived fibroblasts by 4 transcription factors and its regulation by parathyroid hormone, hypoxia, and prostaglandin E2. Bone. 2016;85:91-8 pubmed publisher..This model may contribute to elucidating the regulatory mechanisms underlying SOST expression and advancing drug development for metabolic bone diseases. ..
- Tanaka T, Zhang W, Sun Y, Shuai Z, Chida A, Kenny T, et al. Autoreactive monoclonal antibodies from patients with primary biliary cholangitis recognize environmental xenobiotics. Hepatology. 2017;66:885-895 pubmed publisher..Importantly, cross-reactive mAbs also recognized lipoic acid, a mitochondrial fatty acid that is covalently bound to PDC-E2...
- Kuge T, Shibata T, Willett M. Wood creosote, the principal active ingredient of seirogan, an herbal antidiarrheal medicine: a single-dose, dose-escalation safety and pharmacokinetic study. Pharmacotherapy. 2003;23:1391-400 pubmed..Also, the doses of wood creosote were rapidly absorbed, conjugated, and eliminated. Such a rapid onset and short duration of action would appear desirable in the treatment of acute nonspecific diarrhea. ..