Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on homeodomain proteins in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: homeodomain proteins
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Watanabe T, Imoto I, Katahira T, Hirasawa A, Ishiwata I, Emi M, et al. Differentially regulated genes as putative targets of amplifications at 20q in ovarian cancers. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2002;93:1114-22 pubmed..Our results suggest that 20q amplifications in OCs can be extensive and complex, probably due to synergistic or non-synergistic amplification of separate regions of 20q, involving multiple, independently amplified targets. ..
- Ohgane J, Wakayama T, Senda S, Yamazaki Y, Inoue K, Ogura A, et al. The Sall3 locus is an epigenetic hotspot of aberrant DNA methylation associated with placentomegaly of cloned mice. Genes Cells. 2004;9:253-60 pubmed..We concluded that the Sall3 locus is the area with frequent epigenetic errors in cloned mice. These data suggest that there exists at least genetic locus that is highly susceptible to epigenetic error caused by nuclear transfer. ..
- Onimaru H, Ikeda K, Kawakami K. Relationship between the distribution of the paired-like homeobox gene (Phox2b) expressing cells and blood vessels in the parafacial region of the ventral medulla of neonatal rats. Neuroscience. 2012;212:131-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that the location of Phox2b-ir neurons, including preinspiratory neurons of the pFRG, matched their role as sensors of blood CO(2) concentration. ..
- Azuma N, Yamaguchi Y, Handa H, Tadokoro K, Asaka A, Kawase E, et al. Mutations of the PAX6 gene detected in patients with a variety of optic-nerve malformations. Am J Hum Genet. 2003;72:1565-70 pubmed..Because PAX2 gene mutations were detected in papillorenal syndrome, alternation of PAX2 function by PAX6 mutations may affect phenotypic manifestations of optic-nerve malformations. ..
- Azuma N, Tadokoro K, Asaka A, Yamada M, Yamaguchi Y, Handa H, et al. The Pax6 isoform bearing an alternative spliced exon promotes the development of the neural retinal structure. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:735-45 pubmed..We propose that Pax6(+5a) induces a developmental cascade in the prospective fovea, area centralis or visual streak region that leads to the formation of a retinal architecture bearing densely packed visual cells. ..
- Shibata Minoshima F, Oki T, Doki N, Nakahara F, Kageyama S, Kitaura J, et al. Identification of RHOXF2 (PEPP2) as a cancer-promoting gene by expression cloning. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:93-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, RHOXF2 is highly expressed in some leukemia cell lines and a variety of human cancer samples including colon and lung cancers. Thus, these results indicate that RHOXF2 is involved in carcinogenesis. ..
- Inohaya K, Yasumasu S, Yasumasu I, Iuchi I, Yamagami K. Analysis of the origin and development of hatching gland cells by transplantation of the embryonic shield in the fish, Oryzias latipes. Dev Growth Differ. 1999;41:557-66 pubmed..In conclusion, it was determined that hatching gland cells were derived from the embryonic shield that functioned as the organizer in medaka. ..
- Tahara S, Kurotani R, Sanno N, Takumi I, Yoshimura S, Osamura R, et al. Expression of pituitary homeo box 1 (Ptx1) in human non-neoplastic pituitaries and pituitary adenomas. Mod Pathol. 2000;13:1097-108 pubmed..The synergistic action with other transcription factors may be speculated to determine the specific production of the anterior pituitary hormones. ..
- Fujino T, Yamazaki Y, Largaespada D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Hirokawa K, et al. Inhibition of myeloid differentiation by Hoxa9, Hoxb8, and Meis homeobox genes. Exp Hematol. 2001;29:856-63 pubmed..The results indicate that Meis2 is an important Meis gene for myeloid leukemogenesis and that Hox and Meis are important genes for myeloid leukemogenesis through differentiation block. ..
- Nagasawa N, Miyoshi M, Sano Y, Satoh H, Hirano H, Sakai H, et al. SUPERWOMAN1 and DROOPING LEAF genes control floral organ identity in rice. Development. 2003;130:705-18 pubmed..Based on genetic and molecular results, we postulate a model of stamen and carpel specification in rice, with DL as a novel gene controlling carpel identity and acting mutually and antagonistically to the class B gene, SPW1. ..
- Hara T, Schwieger M, Kazama R, Okamoto S, Minehata K, Ziegler M, et al. Acceleration of chronic myeloproliferation by enforced expression of Meis1 or Meis3 in Icsbp-deficient bone marrow cells. Oncogene. 2008;27:3865-9 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel collaboration between Icsbp deficiency and Meis1/Meis3 in the acceleration of chronic myeloid leukemia-like disease. ..
- Horigome A, Nagasawa N, Ikeda K, Ito M, Itoh J, Nagato Y. Rice open beak is a negative regulator of class 1 knox genes and a positive regulator of class B floral homeotic gene. Plant J. 2009;58:724-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the OPB gene affects cellular proliferation and floral organ identity through the regulation of class 1 knox genes and floral homeotic genes...
- Ikuta T, Miyamoto N, Saito Y, Wada H, Satoh N, Saiga H. Ambulacrarian prototypical Hox and ParaHox gene complements of the indirect-developing hemichordate Balanoglossus simodensis. Dev Genes Evol. 2009;219:383-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the ancestral hemichordate had intact complements of ambulacrarian prototypical Hox and ParaHox genes, consisting of 12 and three members, respectively. ..
- Tanabe M, Shimizu A, Masuda Y, Kataoka M, Ishikawa A, Wakamatsu K, et al. Development of lymphatic vasculature and morphological characterization in rat kidney. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2012;16:833-42 pubmed publisher..Podoplanin, prox-1, Ki-67, type IV collagen, and ?SMA immunostaining can detect lymphatic vessels during lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Takano Y, Ohike N, Tajiri T, Asonuma K, Harada K, Takahashi H, et al. Gastric- and intestinal-type marker expression in invasive ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2012;11:424-8 pubmed..This study aimed to investigate the complication rate and clinicopathological significance of such heterogeneous elements...
- Zhu W, Shiojima I, Hiroi Y, Zou Y, Akazawa H, Mizukami M, et al. Functional analyses of three Csx/Nkx-2.5 mutations that cause human congenital heart disease. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35291-6 pubmed
- Yamaguchi M, Yamamoto K, Miura O. Aberrant expression of the LHX4 LIM-homeobox gene caused by t(1;14)(q25;q32) in chronic myelogenous leukemia in biphenotypic blast crisis. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2003;38:269-73 pubmed..The aberrant expression of the LHX4 gene by the t(1;14)(q25;q32) has very recently been reported in a case of ALL, thus, representing a rare, but recurrent genetic abnormality of possible importance in leukemogenesis...
- Tabata Y, Ouchi Y, Kamiya H, Manabe T, Arai K, Watanabe S. Specification of the retinal fate of mouse embryonic stem cells by ectopic expression of Rx/rax, a homeobox gene. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4513-21 pubmed..Our data thus suggest that subpopulations of retinal neurons can be generated in retinal explant cultures from grafted mouse ES cells ectopically expressing the transcription factor Rx/rax. ..
- Chan T, Kondow A, Hosoya A, Hitachi K, Yukita A, Okabayashi K, et al. Ripply2 is essential for precise somite formation during mouse early development. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2691-6 pubmed..Moreover, somite segmentation and expression of Notch2 and Uncx4.1 were disrupted. These findings indicate that Ripply2 is involved in somite segmentation and establishment of rostrocaudal polarity. ..
- Tanaka Y, Nakayama Y, Taniguchi M, Kioussis D. Regulation of early T cell development by the PHD finger of histone lysine methyltransferase ASH1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:589-94 pubmed..Moreover, the C-terminal part of ASH1 interacts with HDAC1 repression complexes, suggesting that the PHD finger of ASH1 may be involved in down-regulation of genes for normal development of alphabeta T cells. ..
- Shimada K, Suzuki N, Ono Y, Tanaka K, Maeno M, Ito K. Ubc9 promotes the stability of Smad4 and the nuclear accumulation of Smad1 in osteoblast-like Saos-2 cells. Bone. 2008;42:886-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ubc9 plays an important role in the up-regulation of the BMP signaling pathway. ..
- Fukami M, Dateki S, Kato F, Hasegawa Y, Mochizuki H, Horikawa R, et al. Identification and characterization of cryptic SHOX intragenic deletions in three Japanese patients with Léri-Weill dyschondrosteosis. J Hum Genet. 2008;53:454-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that cryptic SHOX intragenic deletions account for a small fraction of LWD and that microdeletions affecting SHOX can be generated by repeat-sequence-mediated aberrant recombinations and by nonhomologous end joining. ..
- Inamura K, Togashi Y, Ninomiya H, Shimoji T, Noda T, Ishikawa Y. HOXB2, an adverse prognostic indicator for stage I lung adenocarcinomas, promotes invasion by transcriptional regulation of metastasis-related genes in HOP-62 non-small cell lung cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2008;28:2121-7 pubmed..HOXB2 promotes invasion of lung cancer cells through the regulation of metastasis-related genes. ..
- Kon N, Hirota T, Kawamoto T, Kato Y, Tsubota T, Fukada Y. Activation of TGF-beta/activin signalling resets the circadian clock through rapid induction of Dec1 transcripts. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1463-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ALK-SMAD3-Dec1 signalling provides an input pathway in the mammalian molecular clock. ..
- Onimaru H, Ikeda K, Kawakami K. Postsynaptic mechanisms of CO(2) responses in parafacial respiratory neurons of newborn rats. J Physiol. 2012;590:1615-24 pubmed publisher..These neurons were predominantly Phox2b immunoreactive. Our findings suggest that the response of pFRG/RTN neurons to hypercapnia is induced by direct action on the postsynaptic membrane via closing of K(+) channels. ..
- Miyaguchi K, Uzawa N, Mogushi K, Takahashi K, Michikawa C, Nakata Y, et al. Loss of NKX3-1 as a potential marker for an increased risk of occult lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:1907-14 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that loss of NKX3-1 may be a potential biomarker for occult LNM of OSCC. ..
- Sudou N, Garcés Vásconez A, López Latorre M, Taira M, Del Pino E. Transcription factors Mix1 and VegT, relocalization of vegt mRNA, and conserved endoderm and dorsal specification in frogs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:5628-33 pubmed publisher..The comparative analysis indicated that the strategies for endoderm, and dorsal specification, involving vegt and mix1, have been evolutionary conserved in frogs. ..
- Kobayashi S, Shibata H, Yokota K, Suda N, Murai A, Kurihara I, et al. FHL2, UBC9, and PIAS1 are novel estrogen receptor alpha-interacting proteins. Endocr Res. 2004;30:617-21 pubmed..The present studies indicate that ERalpha exhibit tissue-specific functions utilizing multiple tissue-restricted receptor-interacting proteins. ..
- Azuma N, Tadokoro K, Asaka A, Yamada M, Yamaguchi Y, Handa H, et al. Transdifferentiation of the retinal pigment epithelia to the neural retina by transfer of the Pax6 transcriptional factor. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:1059-68 pubmed..Our results provide an evidence of retinogenic potential of nearly mature RPE and a cue for new therapeutic approaches to regenerate functional NR in patients with a visual loss. ..
- Fujiwara D, Kato K, Nohara S, Iwanuma Y, Kajiyama Y. The usefulness of three-dimensional cell culture in induction of cancer stem cells from esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:773-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that 3-D culture of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma lines is a useful method for inducing cancer stem cells. ..
- Orihara M, Hosono C, Kojima T, Saigo K. Identification of engrailed promoter elements essential for interactions with a stripe enhancer in Drosophila embryos. Genes Cells. 1999;4:205-18 pubmed..Evidence was also obtained that indicated that not only enhancer but also promoter sequences were involved in the determination of the tissue-specificity of gene expression. ..
- Nagase T, Nagase M, Osumi N, Fukuda S, Nakamura S, Ohsaki K, et al. Craniofacial anomalies of the cultured mouse embryo induced by inhibition of sonic hedgehog signaling: an animal model of holoprosencephaly. J Craniofac Surg. 2005;16:80-8 pubmed..The authors consider that these facial anomalies represent milder phenotypes of holoprosencephaly. ..
- Mori K, Asakawa M, Hayashi M, Imura M, Ohki T, Hirao E, et al. Oligomerizing potential of a focal adhesion LIM protein Hic-5 organizing a nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22048-61 pubmed..Hic-5 is, thus, a molecular scaffold with the potential to dock with another scaffold through the LIM domain, organizing a mobile supramolecular unit and coordinating the adhesion signal with cellular activities in the two compartments. ..
- Nakamachi T, Ohtaki H, Yofu S, Dohi K, Watanabe J, Hayashi D, et al. Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) type 1 receptor (PAC1R) co-localizes with activity-dependent neuroprotective protein (ADNP) in the mouse brains. Regul Pept. 2008;145:88-95 pubmed..All of the ADNP-immunopositive cells co-localized with PAC1R immunoreactivity. These observations suggest that ADNP is expressed in both astrocytes and neurons, and that ADNP expression may be regulated by PACAP. ..
- Ehata S, Hanyu A, Hayashi M, Aburatani H, Kato Y, Fujime M, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta promotes survival of mammary carcinoma cells through induction of antiapoptotic transcription factor DEC1. Cancer Res. 2007;67:9694-703 pubmed..Our observations thus provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms governing TGF-beta-mediated cell survival and metastasis of cancer. ..
- Ota M, Kaneko Y, Kondo K, Ogishima S, Tanaka H, Eto K, et al. Combined in silico and in vivo analyses reveal role of Hes1 in taste cell differentiation. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000443 pubmed publisher..Thus, according to our composite analyses, Hes1 is likely to play a role in orchestrating taste cell differentiation in developing taste buds. ..
- Akiyama J, Okamoto R, Iwasaki M, Zheng X, Yui S, Tsuchiya K, et al. Delta-like 1 expression promotes goblet cell differentiation in Notch-inactivated human colonic epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:662-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a link between Dll1 expression and human goblet cell differentiation that might be mediated by a function that is distinct from its role as a Notch receptor ligand. ..
- Ishijima N, Suzuki M, Ashida H, Ichikawa Y, Kanegae Y, Saito I, et al. BabA-mediated adherence is a potentiator of the Helicobacter pylori type IV secretion system activity. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25256-64 pubmed publisher..pylori can exploit BabA-Le(b) binding to trigger TFSS-dependent host cell signaling to induce the transcription of genes that enhance inflammation, development of intestinal metaplasia, and associated precancerous transformations. ..
- Taketani T, Taki T, Ono R, Kobayashi Y, Ida K, Hayashi Y. The chromosome translocation t(7;11)(p15;p15) in acute myeloid leukemia results in fusion of the NUP98 gene with a HOXA cluster gene, HOXA13, but not HOXA9. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2002;34:437-43 pubmed
- Hibara K, Obara M, Hayashida E, Abe M, Ishimaru T, Satoh H, et al. The ADAXIALIZED LEAF1 gene functions in leaf and embryonic pattern formation in rice. Dev Biol. 2009;334:345-54 pubmed publisher..We propose that ADL1 plays an important role in pattern formation of the leaf and embryo by promoting proper epidermal development. ..
- Ogasawara T, Ohba S, Yano F, Kawaguchi H, Chung U, Saito T, et al. Nanog promotes osteogenic differentiation of the mouse mesenchymal cell line C3H10T1/2 by modulating bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) signaling. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:163-71 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Nanog functions as a modulator of BMP signaling in C3H10T1/2 cells probably through a genome reprogramming process. ..
- Kitamura K, Miura H, Yanazawa M, Miyashita T, Kato K. Expression patterns of Brx1 (Rieg gene), Sonic hedgehog, Nkx2.2, Dlx1 and Arx during zona limitans intrathalamica and embryonic ventral lateral geniculate nuclear formation. Mech Dev. 1997;67:83-96 pubmed..Each homeobox gene was also expressed regionally in the nucleus, suggesting that the nucleus is comprised of subdivisions. ..
- Tanaka H, Tanaka K, Murakami H, Okayama H. Fission yeast cdc24 is a replication factor C- and proliferating cell nuclear antigen-interacting factor essential for S-phase completion. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1038-48 pubmed..These results indicate that Cdc24 is an RFC- and PCNA-interacting factor required for DNA replication and might serve as a target for regulation. ..
- Yaoita H, Orimo H, Shirai Y, Shimada T. Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins and rat distal-less homolog genes following rat femoral fracture. J Bone Miner Metab. 2000;18:63-70 pubmed
- Shibanuma M, Kim Kaneyama J, Sato S, Nose K. A LIM protein, Hic-5, functions as a potential coactivator for Sp1. J Cell Biochem. 2004;91:633-45 pubmed..Thus, Hic-5 was suggested to have a potential function as a cofactor in the transcriptional complex that contains Sp1, playing a role in gene transcription in the nucleus as well as in integrin signaling at focal adhesion sites. ..
- Iwasaki M, Kuwata T, Yamazaki Y, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Osato M, et al. Identification of cooperative genes for NUP98-HOXA9 in myeloid leukemogenesis using a mouse model. Blood. 2005;105:784-93 pubmed..These genes cooperated with NUP98-HOXA9 in transforming NIH 3T3 cells. The system described here is a powerful tool to identify cooperative oncogenes and will assist in the clarification of the multistep process of carcinogenesis. ..
- Shibata H, Kobayashi S, Kurihara I, Suda N, Yokota K, Murai A, et al. COUP-TF and transcriptional co-regulators in adrenal steroidogenesis. Endocr Res. 2004;30:795-801 pubmed..These findings indicate that Ubc9 and PIAS1 can function as transcriptional co-regulators of COUP-TFI to modulate adrenal cortical steroidogenesis in a SUMOylation-independent manner. ..
- Totsuka T, Kanai T, Nemoto Y, Makita S, Okamoto R, Tsuchiya K, et al. IL-7 Is essential for the development and the persistence of chronic colitis. J Immunol. 2007;178:4737-48 pubmed
- Kobayashi T, Terada Y, Kuwana H, Tanaka H, Okado T, Kuwahara M, et al. Expression and function of the Delta-1/Notch-2/Hes-1 pathway during experimental acute kidney injury. Kidney Int. 2008;73:1240-50 pubmed publisher..Recombinant Delta-1 significantly stimulated NRK-52E cell proliferation. Our study suggests that the Delta-1/Notch-2/Hes-1 signaling pathway may regulate the regeneration and proliferation of renal tubules during acute kidney injury. ..
- Fukuchi Y, Ito M, Shibata F, Kitamura T, Nakajima H. Activation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein alpha or PU.1 in hematopoietic stem cells leads to their reduced self-renewal and proliferation. Stem Cells. 2008;26:3172-81 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the activation of C/EBPalpha or PU.1 is sufficient to repress stem cell capacities in HSCs, and their fine-tuned regulation is critical for HSC homeostasis. ..
- Yamashita S, Andoh M, Ueno Kudoh H, Sato T, Miyaki S, Asahara H. Sox9 directly promotes Bapx1 gene expression to repress Runx2 in chondrocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2231-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that the molecular pathway modulated by Bapx1 links two major regulators in chondrogenesis, Sox9 and Runx2, to coordinate skeletal formation. ..
- Itoh M, Takizawa Y, Hanai S, Okazaki S, Miyata R, Inoue T, et al. Partial loss of pancreas endocrine and exocrine cells of human ARX-null mutation: consideration of pancreas differentiation. Differentiation. 2010;80:118-22 pubmed publisher..These pathological findings indicate that ARX contributes not only to endocrine development, but also to exocrine development of the human pancreas, and its deficiency may lead to the severe phenotypes of XLAG patients. ..
- Sato T, Shimazaki T, Naka H, Fukami S, Satoh Y, Okano H, et al. FRS2? regulates Erk levels to control a self-renewal target Hes1 and proliferation of FGF-responsive neural stem/progenitor cells. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1661-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, FRS2? fine-tunes the FGF-signaling to control qualitatively different biological activities, self-renewal at least partly through Hes1 versus proliferation of NSPCs. ..
- Nagawa F, Hirose S, Nishizumi H, Nishihara T, Sakano H. Joining mutants of RAG1 and RAG2 that demonstrate impaired interactions with the coding-end DNA. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38360-8 pubmed..A possible role of this RAG coding region interaction is discussed in the context of V(D)J recombination. ..
- Wada Y, Okada M, Fukami M, Sasagawa I, Ogata T. Association of cryptorchidism with Gly146Ala polymorphism in the gene for steroidogenic factor-1. Fertil Steril. 2006;85:787-90 pubmed..The results suggest that the Gly146Ala polymorphism may be a susceptibility factor for the development of cryptorchidism (CO)...
- Sun G, Kobayashi T, Abe M, Tada N, Adachi H, Shiota A, et al. The endoplasmic reticulum stress-inducible protein Niban regulates eIF2alpha and S6K1/4E-BP1 phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;360:181-7 pubmed..Additionally, suppression of NIBAN expression in HeLa cells promoted apoptosis. Together these results suggest that Niban is involved in the ER stress response, and that Niban can modulate cell death signaling by regulating translation. ..
- Sato M, Kitada Y, Tabata T. Larval cells become imaginal cells under the control of homothorax prior to metamorphosis in the Drosophila tracheal system. Dev Biol. 2008;318:247-57 pubmed publisher..During metamorphosis of less derived species of holometabolous insects, adult structures are known to be formed via cells constituting larval structures. Thus, the Drosophila tracheal system may utilize ancestral mode of metamorphosis. ..
- Dateki S, Kosaka K, Hasegawa K, Tanaka H, Azuma N, Yokoya S, et al. Heterozygous orthodenticle homeobox 2 mutations are associated with variable pituitary phenotype. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:756-64 pubmed publisher..The results imply that OTX2 mutations are associated with variable pituitary phenotype, with no genotype-phenotype correlations, and that OTX2 can transactivate GNRH1 as well as HESX1 and POU1F1. ..
- Yasuda S, Hasegawa T, Hosono T, Satoh M, Watanabe K, Ono K, et al. AW551984: a novel regulator of cardiomyogenesis in pluripotent embryonic cells. Biochem J. 2011;437:345-55 pubmed publisher..5 in ES cells during embryoid body formation. Our findings indicate that AW551984 is a novel regulator of cardiomyogenesis from pluripotent embryonic cells, which links Wnt/?-catenin signalling to Nkx2.5 expression. ..
- Oikawa T, Nakamura A, Onishi N, Yamada T, Matsuo K, Saya H. Acquired expression of NFATc1 downregulates E-cadherin and promotes cancer cell invasion. Cancer Res. 2013;73:5100-9 pubmed publisher..Induced expression of NFATc1CA also downregulated E-cadherin expression and increased invasive activity in tumor xenografts in vivo. Our results thus suggest that the acquisition of NFATc1 expression contributes to tumor progression. ..
- Hodonsky C, Jain D, Schick U, Morrison J, Brown L, McHugh C, et al. Genome-wide association study of red blood cell traits in Hispanics/Latinos: The Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006760 pubmed publisher..Together, these results reinforce the importance of genetic study of diverse ancestral populations, in particular Hispanics/Latinos. ..
- Azuma N, Yamaguchi Y, Handa H, Hayakawa M, Kanai A, Yamada M. Missense mutation in the alternative splice region of the PAX6 gene in eye anomalies. Am J Hum Genet. 1999;65:656-63 pubmed..Functional analyses demonstrated that the V54D mutation slightly increased NTS binding and decreased CTS transactivation activity to almost half. ..
- Sato A, Asashima M, Yokota T, Nishinakamura R. Cloning and expression pattern of a Xenopus pronephros-specific gene, XSMP-30. Mech Dev. 2000;92:273-5 pubmed..Furthermore XSMP-30 was expressed in animal caps treated with both activin and RA, a condition in which the pronephros is formed in vitro. These data indicate that XSMP-30 is a specific marker for the pronephros. ..
- Yanai T, Kobayashi H, Yamataka A, Lane G, Miyano T, Hayakawa T, et al. Acetylcholine-related bowel dysmotility in homozygous mutant NCX/HOX11L.1-deficient (NCX-/-) mice-evidence that acetylcholine is implicated in causing intestinal neuronal dysplasia. J Pediatr Surg. 2004;39:927-30 pubmed..Only ACh differentially affected muscle contraction in Ncx-/- mice in the proximal and distal colon. Thus, ACh is implicated in causing the bowel dysmotility seen in Ncx-/- mice and human IND. ..
- Kobayashi H, Kusafuka J, Lane G, Yamataka A, Satoh K, Hayakawa T, et al. The mechanism of intestinal motility in homozygous mutant Ncx/Hox11L.1-deficient mice--a model for intestinal neuronal dysplasia. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:2062-6 pubmed..Homozygous mutant Ncx/Hox11L.1-deficient (Ncx-/-) mice develop mega-ileo-ceco-colon with a caliber change in the proximal colon. This study investigated the mechanism of intestinal motility in these mice...
- Fujieda H, Bremner R, Mears A, Sasaki H. Retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptor alpha regulates a subset of cone genes during mouse retinal development. J Neurochem. 2009;108:91-101 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RORalpha plays a crucial role in cone development by directly regulating multiple cone genes. ..
- Tanaka T, Tohyama S, Murata M, Nomura F, Kaneko T, Chen H, et al. In vitro pharmacologic testing using human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;385:497-502 pubmed publisher..This study shows that hiPS-CMs represent a promising in vitro model for cardiac electrophysiologic studies and drug screening. ..
- Kodama M, Tsukamoto K, Yoshida K, Aoki K, Kanegasaki S, Quinn G. Embryonic stem cell transplantation correlates with endogenous neurogenin 3 expression and pancreas regeneration in streptozotocin-injured mice. J Histochem Cytochem. 2009;57:1149-58 pubmed publisher..Transplantation is associated with enhanced endogenous regeneration characterized by expression of Ngn3 and increased beta cell differentiation from endogenous progenitor cells. ..
- Yuasa S, Onizuka T, Shimoji K, Ohno Y, Kageyama T, Yoon S, et al. Zac1 is an essential transcription factor for cardiac morphogenesis. Circ Res. 2010;106:1083-91 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a potential mechanistic link between Zac1 in cardiogenesis and congenital heart disease manifestations associated with genetic or epigenetic defects in an imprinted gene network. ..
- Ono H, Imoto I, Kozaki K, Tsuda H, Matsui T, Kurasawa Y, et al. SIX1 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition in colorectal cancer through ZEB1 activation. Oncogene. 2012;31:4923-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, SIX1 overexpression is suggested to occur in carcinogenesis, and contribute to repression of CDH1 expression and promotion of EMT partly through repression of miR-200-family expression and activation of ZEB1 in CRC. ..
- Hosaka Y, Saito T, Sugita S, Hikata T, Kobayashi H, Fukai A, et al. Notch signaling in chondrocytes modulates endochondral ossification and osteoarthritis development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1875-80 pubmed publisher..The RBPj?-dependent Notch signaling in chondrocytes modulates the terminal stage of endochondral ossification and OA development, representing an extracellular therapeutic target of OA. ..
- Li C, Ito H, Fujita K, Shiwaku H, Qi Y, Tagawa K, et al. Sox2 transcriptionally regulates PQBP1, an intellectual disability-microcephaly causative gene, in neural stem progenitor cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68627 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicated that Sox2 regulated the transcription of PQBP1 in NSPCs. ..
- Matsuzaki J, Suzuki H, Tsugawa H, Watanabe M, Hossain S, Arai E, et al. Bile acids increase levels of microRNAs 221 and 222, leading to degradation of CDX2 during esophageal carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology. 2013;145:1300-11 pubmed publisher..Reduced p27Kip1 increases degradation of the transcription factor CDX2; levels of CDX2 have been reported to decrease during progression of BE to EAC...
- Sato M, Kojima T, Michiue T, Saigo K. Bar homeobox genes are latitudinal prepattern genes in the developing Drosophila notum whose expression is regulated by the concerted functions of decapentaplegic and wingless. Development. 1999;126:1457-66 pubmed
- Akazawa H, Komuro I, Sugitani Y, Yazaki Y, Nagai R, Noda T. Targeted disruption of the homeobox transcription factor Bapx1 results in lethal skeletal dysplasia with asplenia and gastroduodenal malformation. Genes Cells. 2000;5:499-513 pubmed..Our analysis provided evidence that Bapx1 was indispensable for normal development of ventromedial structure of vertebral column and some of craniofacial bones, splenogenesis and morphogenesis of gastroduodenal tract. ..
- Kawamata N, Sakajiri S, Sugimoto K, Isobe Y, Kobayashi H, Oshimi K. A novel chromosomal translocation t(1;14)(q25;q32) in pre-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia involves the LIM homeodomain protein gene, Lhx4. Oncogene. 2002;21:4983-91 pubmed..The Lhx4 gene is deregulated in the leukemic cells and Lhx4 protein may play an important role, possibly as an activator, in leukemogenesis. ..
- Hiratani I, Yamamoto N, Mochizuki T, Ohmori S, Taira M. Selective degradation of excess Ldb1 by Rnf12/RLIM confers proper Ldb1 expression levels and Xlim-1/Ldb1 stoichiometry in Xenopus organizer functions. Development. 2003;130:4161-75 pubmed
- Dateki S, Fukami M, Uematsu A, Kaji M, Iso M, Ono M, et al. Mutation and gene copy number analyses of six pituitary transcription factor genes in 71 patients with combined pituitary hormone deficiency: identification of a single patient with LHX4 deletion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:4043-7 pubmed publisher..The results imply the rarity of abnormalities affecting the six genes in patients with CPHD and the significance of the gene copy number analysis in such patients. ..
- Raja E, Komuro A, Tanabe R, Sakai S, Ino Y, Saito N, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling mediated by ALK-2 and DLX2 regulates apoptosis in glioma-initiating cells. Oncogene. 2017;36:4963-4974 pubmed publisher..Our study thus reveals BMP-mediated inhibitory mechanisms for glioblastoma, which explains, at least in part, the therapeutic effects of VPA. ..
- Nagai A, Ikeda Y, Aso T, Eto K, Ikeda M. Exposure of neonatal rats to diethylstilbestrol affects the expression of genes involved in ovarian differentiation. J Med Dent Sci. 2003;50:35-40 pubmed
- Ogishima S, Tanaka H. Missing link in the evolution of Hox clusters. Gene. 2007;387:21-30 pubmed..Our findings suggested that motif gains/diversifications led to the explosive diversity of the bilaterian body plan...
- Yamataka A, Hatano M, Kobayashi H, Wang K, Miyahara K, Sueyoshi N, et al. Intestinal neuronal dysplasia-like pathology in Ncx/Hox11L.1 gene-deficient mice. J Pediatr Surg. 2001;36:1293-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that the Ncx/Hox11L.1 gene is required for the proper innervation of the enteric nervous system in mice, and our deficient strain may be useful as a model for studying IND in humans. ..
- Itoh J, Hibara K, Sato Y, Nagato Y. Developmental role and auxin responsiveness of Class III homeodomain leucine zipper gene family members in rice. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:1960-75 pubmed publisher..In addition, some Class III HD-Zip genes may regulate the leaf initiation process in the SAM in an auxin-dependent manner. ..
- Nozawa H, Yamada Y, Muto Y, Endo J, Asakage M, Oka T, et al. Double primary adenocarcinomas of the jejunum and descending colon with lung metastases presenting rare immunohistochemical phenotypes: a case report. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;22:228-33 pubmed publisher..Moreover, postoperative oxaliplatin, including chemotherapy, significantly reduced the lung metastases, suggesting that this regimen is a promising treatment option for advanced small bowel adenocarcinoma...
- Horiuchi R, Akimoto T, Hong Z, Ushida T. Cyclic mechanical strain maintains Nanog expression through PI3K/Akt signaling in mouse embryonic stem cells. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:1726-32 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that mechanical force plays a role in regulating Nanog expression in ES cells through the actin cytoskeleton-PI3K-Akt signaling. ..