Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on histones in Fukuoka, Japan
Locale: Fukuoka, Japan
- Nishijima H, Nakayama J, Yoshioka T, Kusano A, Nishitani H, Shibahara K, et al. Nuclear RanGAP is required for the heterochromatin assembly and is reciprocally regulated by histone H3 and Clr4 histone methyltransferase in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2524-36 pubmed..We also found that SpRna1 formed a stable complex with Xpo1/Crm1 plus Ran-GTP, in the presence of H3. ..
- Nishiyama M, Skoultchi A, Nakayama K. Histone H1 recruitment by CHD8 is essential for suppression of the Wnt-?-catenin signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:501-12 pubmed publisher..Given that CHD8 is expressed predominantly during embryogenesis, it may thus contribute to setting a threshold for responsiveness to Wnt signaling that operates in a development-dependent manner. ..
- Yoshimoto K, Hatae R, Sangatsuda Y, Suzuki S, Hata N, Akagi Y, et al. Prevalence and clinicopathological features of H3.3 G34-mutant high-grade gliomas: a retrospective study of 411 consecutive glioma cases in a single institution. Brain Tumor Pathol. 2017;34:103-112 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that G34R-mutant tumors are likely to show extensive infiltration and alterations in global histone trimethylation might also play an important role in G34R mutant tumors. ..
- Furuno K, Masatsugu T, Sonoda M, Sasazuki T, Yamamoto K. Association of Polycomb group SUZ12 with WD-repeat protein MEP50 that binds to histone H2A selectively in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:1051-8 pubmed..These results suggest that SUZ12 might have a role in transcriptional regulation through physical interaction with MEP50 that can be an adaptor between PRMT5 and its substrate H2A. ..
- Hatano A, Matsumoto M, Higashinakagawa T, Nakayama K. Phosphorylation of the chromodomain changes the binding specificity of Cbx2 for methylated histone H3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:93-9 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation of the chromodomain of Cbx2 may therefore serve as a molecular switch that affects the reading of the histone modification code and thereby controls epigenetic cellular memory. ..
- Tsukada Y, Ishitani T, Nakayama K. KDM7 is a dual demethylase for histone H3 Lys 9 and Lys 27 and functions in brain development. Genes Dev. 2010;24:432-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify KDM7 as a dual demethylase for H3K9 and H3K27 that functions as an eraser of silencing marks on chromatin during brain development...
- Nishiyama M, Oshikawa K, Tsukada Y, Nakagawa T, Iemura S, Natsume T, et al. CHD8 suppresses p53-mediated apoptosis through histone H1 recruitment during early embryogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:172-82 pubmed publisher..These observations reveal a mode of p53 regulation mediated by CHD8, which may set a threshold for induction of apoptosis during early embryogenesis by counteracting p53 function through recruitment of histone H1. ..
- Ohba T, Nishijima H, Nishitani H, Nishimoto T. Schizosaccharomyces pombe Snf2SR, a novel SNF2 family protein, interacts with Ran GTPase and modulates both RanGEF and RanGAP activities. Genes Cells. 2008;13:571-82 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of Spi1-G18V, a Ran GTPase mutant fixed in the GTP-bound form, was lethal to S. pombe Deltasnf2SR. Together, our results indicate that Snf2SR is involved in the Ran GTPase cycle in vivo. ..
- Hayashi M, Maehara K, Harada A, Semba Y, Kudo K, Takahashi H, et al. Chd5 Regulates MuERV-L/MERVL Expression in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells Via H3K27me3 Modification and Histone H3.1/H3.2. J Cell Biochem. 2016;117:780-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that Chd5 represses murine endogenous retrovirus-L (MuERV-L/MERVL), an endogenous retrovirus-derived retrotransposon, by regulating H3K27me3 and H3.1/H3.2 function. ..
- Toh Y, Ohga T, Endo K, Adachi E, Kusumoto H, Haraguchi M, et al. Expression of the metastasis-associated MTA1 protein and its relationship to deacetylation of the histone H4 in esophageal squamous cell carcinomas. Int J Cancer. 2004;110:362-7 pubmed..Thus, strategies involving inhibition of MTA1 function as well as inhibition of histone deacetylation could be novel approaches for the treatment of esophageal squamous cell carcinomas. ..
- Fujinaka Y, Matsuoka K, Iimori M, Tuul M, Sakasai R, Yoshinaga K, et al. ATR-Chk1 signaling pathway and homologous recombinational repair protect cells from 5-fluorouracil cytotoxicity. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:247-58 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Rad9- and Rad17-independent activation of the ATR-Chk1 signaling pathway also significantly contributes to 5-FU tolerance...
- Harada A, Okada S, Konno D, Odawara J, Yoshimi T, Yoshimura S, et al. Chd2 interacts with H3.3 to determine myogenic cell fate. EMBO J. 2012;31:2994-3007 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that MyoD determines cell fate and facilitates differentiation-dependent gene expression through Chd2-dependent deposition of H3.3 at myogenic loci prior to differentiation. ..
- Kusano A, Yoshioka T, Nishijima H, Nishitani H, Nishimoto T. Schizosaccharomyces pombe RanGAP homolog, SpRna1, is required for centromeric silencing and chromosome segregation. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4960-70 pubmed..Taken together, SpRna1 was suggested to function for constructing the centromeres, by cooperating with Clr4 and Snf2SR. Loss of SpRna1 activity, therefore, caused chromosome missegregation. ..
- Takayama Y, Sato H, Saitoh S, Ogiyama Y, Masuda F, Takahashi K. Biphasic incorporation of centromeric histone CENP-A in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:682-90 pubmed..The flexibility of CENP-A incorporation during the cell cycle may account for the plasticity of kinetochore formation when the authentic centromere is damaged. ..