Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glutamine in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
- Fukuda T, Hasegawa Y, Sakabe Y, Tomoda H, Omura S. Citrinamides, new potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, produced by Penicillium sp. FKI-1938. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2008;61:550-5 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic analysis, including NMR and amino acid analysis. Citrinamides A and B showed moderate potentiation of miconazole activity against Candida albicans. ..
- Imamura S, Kanesaki Y, Ohnuma M, Inouye T, Sekine Y, Fujiwara T, et al. R2R3-type MYB transcription factor, CmMYB1, is a central nitrogen assimilation regulator in Cyanidioschyzon merolae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12548-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, the presented results indicated that CmMYB1 is a central nitrogen regulator in C. merolae. ..
- Takahashi J, Tanaka J, Arai K, Funata N, Hattori T, Fukuda T, et al. Recruitment of nonexpanded polyglutamine proteins to intranuclear aggregates in neuronal intranuclear hyaline inclusion disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2001;60:369-76 pubmed..This hypothesis is supported by the finding that the polyglutamine epitope in the center of NIs was surrounded by ubiquitin. ..
- Suda N, Hattori M, Kosaki K, Banshodani A, Kozai K, Tanimoto K, et al. Correlation between genotype and supernumerary tooth formation in cleidocranial dysplasia. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2010;13:197-202 pubmed publisher..To further clarify this point, a more precise evaluation was performed...
- Yamasaki S, Nakamura S, Terada T, Shimizu K. Mechanism of the difference in the binding affinity of E. coli tRNAGln to glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase caused by noninterface nucleotides in variable loop. Biophys J. 2007;92:192-200 pubmed..We therefore concluded that the sequence difference in the variable loop caused the difference in the internal mobility of the tertiary core region tRNAs and led to the difference in the affinity to ARS through the entropy term. ..
- Sanada T, Kim M, Mimuro H, Suzuki M, Ogawa M, Oyama A, et al. The Shigella flexneri effector OspI deamidates UBC13 to dampen the inflammatory response. Nature. 2012;483:623-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that S. flexneri inhibits acute inflammatory responses in the initial stage of infection by targeting the UBC13-TRAF6 complex...
- Nureki O, O Donoghue P, Watanabe N, Ohmori A, Oshikane H, Araiso Y, et al. Structure of an archaeal non-discriminating glutamyl-tRNA synthetase: a missing link in the evolution of Gln-tRNAGln formation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:7286-97 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis is used to reconstruct the key events in the evolution from indirect to direct genetic encoding of glutamine. ..
- Konishi M, Yanagisawa S. Identification of a nitrate-responsive cis-element in the Arabidopsis NIR1 promoter defines the presence of multiple cis-regulatory elements for nitrogen response. Plant J. 2010;63:269-82 pubmed publisher..These findings thus define the presence of multiple cis-elements involved in the nitrogen response in Arabidopsis. ..
- Gu Y, Albuquerque C, Braas D, Zhang W, Villa G, Bi J, et al. mTORC2 Regulates Amino Acid Metabolism in Cancer by Phosphorylation of the Cystine-Glutamate Antiporter xCT. Mol Cell. 2017;67:128-138.e7 pubmed publisher..These results identify an unanticipated mechanism regulating amino acid metabolism in cancer, enabling tumor cells to adapt to changing environmental conditions. ..
- Saitoh F, Araki T. Proteasomal degradation of glutamine synthetase regulates schwann cell differentiation. J Neurosci. 2010;30:1204-12 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the ZNRF1-GS system may play an important role in correlating Schwann cell metabolism with its differentiation. ..
- Shirota M, Ishida T, Kinoshita K. Effects of surface-to-volume ratio of proteins on hydrophilic residues: decrease in occurrence and increase in buried fraction. Protein Sci. 2008;17:1596-602 pubmed publisher..9% for its occurrence in the core. The uniqueness of lysine was also elucidated by comparison with the burial environments of the four hydrophilic residues. ..
- Kurosaki T, Ninokata A, Wang L, Ueda S. Evolutionary scenario for acquisition of CAG repeats in human SCA1 gene. Gene. 2006;373:23-7 pubmed..We show an evolutionary scenario for acquisition of CAG repeats with interruptions in the human SCA1 gene. ..
- Koga T, Onishi M, Nakamura Y, Hirata A, Nakamura T, Shimoda C, et al. Sorting nexin homologues are targets of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in sporulation of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genes Cells. 2004;9:561-74 pubmed..These results suggest that Vps5p and Vps17p are the targets of PtdIns(3)P in vesicle transport required for onset of the forespore membrane formation. ..
- Kawahara Y, Ito K, Sun H, Aizawa H, Kanazawa I, Kwak S. Glutamate receptors: RNA editing and death of motor neurons. Nature. 2004;427:801 pubmed
- Ha N, Chau H, Cung L, Thanh T, Fujiki K, Murakami A, et al. Identification of novel mutations of the CHST6 gene in Vietnamese families affected with macular corneal dystrophy in two generations. Cornea. 2003;22:508-11 pubmed..The phenotypic variation between affected parents and offspring was unclear. In family N, severe MCD phenotype seen in the affected son may be due the fact that he had an early stop codon mutation (Gln82Stop). ..
- Yazawa I, Hazeki N, Nakase H, Kanazawa I, Tanaka M. Histone H3 is aberrantly phosphorylated in glutamine-repeat diseases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;302:144-9 pubmed..Aberrant phosphorylation of histone H3 is surmised to be a shared pathological process in glutamine-repeat diseases...
- Yamagishi H, Furutani M, Kamisago M, Morikawa Y, Kojima Y, Hino Y, et al. A de novo missense mutation (R1623Q) of the SCN5A gene in a Japanese girl with sporadic long QT sydrome. Mutations in brief no. 140. Online. Hum Mutat. 1998;11:481 pubmed..This mutation was not identified in the unaffected biological parents and brother of the patient, and 100 normal, unrelated individuals. This finding is the first evidence of a de nova mutation in SCN5A associated with LQTS. ..
- Tanaka A, Kano F, Ueda K, Murata M. The ABCA1 Q597R mutant undergoes trafficking from the ER upon ER stress. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:1174-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that thapsigargin can be effective in correcting trafficking defects, and raise the possibility that ER stress-induced trafficking is involved in ER quality control...
- Shibayama K, Wachino J, Arakawa Y, Saidijam M, Rutherford N, Henderson P. Metabolism of glutamine and glutathione via gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase and glutamate transport in Helicobacter pylori: possible significance in the pathophysiology of the organism. Mol Microbiol. 2007;64:396-406 pubmed publisher..pylori...
- Tadokoro K, Yamazaki Inoue M, Tachibana M, Fujishiro M, Nagao K, Toyoda M, et al. Frequent occurrence of protein isoforms with or without a single amino acid residue by subtle alternative splicing: the case of Gln in DRPLA affects subcellular localization of the products. J Hum Genet. 2005;50:382-94 pubmed..Inclusion of 3 nt tends to result in single amino acid inclusion despite the phase of translational frame. The expression ratio sometimes varied extensively among tissues. ..
- Kanno H, Fujii H, Miwa S. Low substrate affinity of pyruvate kinase variant (PK Sapporo) caused by a single amino acid substitution (426 Arg-->Gln) associated with hereditary hemolytic anemia. Blood. 1993;81:2439-41 pubmed..This is compatible with the fact that all the reported PK variants carrying point mutations in those area have a high Michaelis constant (Km) for PEP. ..
- Tanigawa M, Maeda T. An In Vitro TORC1 Kinase Assay That Recapitulates the Gtr-Independent Glutamine-Responsive TORC1 Activation Mechanism on Yeast Vacuoles. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Thus, this system was proved to be useful for dissecting the glutamine-responsive TORC1 activation mechanism. ..
- Miwa N, Matsuno T, Mizuno S. Production of tumor growth-inhibiting protein by the neonatal mouse brain: dependence on intracellular glutamine metabolism. J Cell Physiol. 1987;132:538-44 pubmed