Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: gene expression regulation
Publications646 found, 100 shown here
- Goto T, Sato A, Shimizu M, Adachi S, Satoh K, Iemura S, et al. IQGAP1 functions as a modulator of dishevelled nuclear localization in Wnt signaling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60865 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first evidence that IQGAP1 functions as a modulator in the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Tanaka T, Yamaguchi J, Higashijima Y, Nangaku M. Indoxyl sulfate signals for rapid mRNA stabilization of Cbp/p300-interacting transactivator with Glu/Asp-rich carboxy-terminal domain 2 (CITED2) and suppresses the expression of hypoxia-inducible genes in experimental CKD and uremia. FASEB J. 2013;27:4059-75 pubmed publisher..Results of these studies reveal a novel role of IS in modulating the transcriptional response of HIF-1 and provide insight into molecular mechanisms underlying progressive nephropathies as well as cardiovascular complications. ..
- Yamamura T, Matsumoto N, Matsue Y, Okudera M, Nishikawa Y, Abiko Y, et al. Sodium butyrate, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, regulates Lymphangiogenic factors in oral cancer cell line HSC-3. Anticancer Res. 2014;34:1701-8 pubmed..SB inhibits expression of lymphangiogenic factors in HSC-3 cells. Within the limitations of the present study, SB may have potential as an anti-metastatic pro-drug for oral cancer. ..
- Miyagi Y, Kerr S, Sugiyama A, Asai A, Shibuya M, Fujimoto H, et al. Abundant expression of translation initiation factor EIF-4E in post-meiotic germ cells of the rat testis. Lab Invest. 1995;73:890-8 pubmed
- Wakabayashi K, Okamura M, Tsutsumi S, Nishikawa N, Tanaka T, Sakakibara I, et al. The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma/retinoid X receptor alpha heterodimer targets the histone modification enzyme PR-Set7/Setd8 gene and regulates adipogenesis through a positive feedback loop. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3544-55 pubmed publisher..Our results connect transcriptional regulation and epigenetic chromatin modulation through H4K20 monomethylation during adipogenesis through a feedback loop. ..
- Yuan J, Akiyama M, Nakahama K, Sato T, Uematsu H, Morita I. The effects of polyunsaturated fatty acids and their metabolites on osteoclastogenesis in vitro. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2010;92:85-90 pubmed publisher..This study showed a distinct mechanism of the effect of PUFAs on osteoclastogenesis and will provide evidence for therapeutic treatment with DHA in osteoporotic patients. ..
- Ganburged G, Suda N, Saito M, Yamazaki Y, Isokawa K, Moriyama K. Dilated capillaries, disorganized collagen fibers and differential gene expression in periodontal ligaments of hypomorphic fibrillin-1 mice. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;341:381-95 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the microfibrillar protein, fibrillin-1, is indispensable for normal tissue architecture and gene expression of PDLs. ..
- Sugimoto T, Fujii T, Kayukawa T, Sakamoto H, Ishikawa Y. Expression of a doublesex homologue is altered in sexual mosaics of Ostrinia scapulalis moths infected with Wolbachia. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;40:847-54 pubmed publisher..This finding provides the first evidence that Wolbachia manipulates the sex of its host by interfering either with the sex-specific splicing of Osdsx itself or with another upstream sex determination process...
- Tanabe T, Yamaguchi N, Matsuda K, Yamazaki K, Takahashi S, Tojo A, et al. Association analysis of the NOD2 gene with susceptibility to graft-versus-host disease in a Japanese population. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:771-778 pubmed publisher..This polymorphism was not prevalent in 479 Crohn's disease (CD) patients in Japan. These results suggest that, in the Japanese population, unlike the Caucasian, NOD2 is not a major contributor to susceptibility to severe acute GVHD. ..
- Koyanagi S, Hamasaki H, Sekiguchi S, Hara K, Ishii Y, Kyuwa S, et al. Effects of ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase L1 deficiency on mouse ova. Reproduction. 2012;143:271-9 pubmed publisher..In an ultrastructural study, gad mouse ova contained less ER in the cortex than in wild-type mice. These results provide new insights into the role of UCHL1 in the mechanism of polyspermy block in mouse ova. ..
- Hiraike Y, Waki H, Yu J, Nakamura M, Miyake K, Nagano G, et al. NFIA co-localizes with PPARÎ³ and transcriptionally controls the brown fat gene program. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1081-1092 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NFIA activates the cell-type-specific enhancers and facilitates the binding of PPARÎ³ to control the brown fat gene program. ..
- Nakamura T, Ebihara I, Nagaoka I, Tomino Y, Koide H. Renal platelet-derived growth factor gene expression in NZB/W F1 mice with lupus and ddY mice with IgA nephropathy. Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 1992;63:173-81 pubmed..These data suggest that PDGF plays a role in the progression of nephritis and that the beneficial effect of MPSL correlates with its ability to decrease the abnormally high PDGF mRNA levels seen in lupus nephritis. ..
- Hirono Y, Yoshimoto T, Suzuki N, Sugiyama T, Sakurada M, Takai S, et al. Angiotensin II receptor type 1-mediated vascular oxidative stress and proinflammatory gene expression in aldosterone-induced hypertension: the possible role of local renin-angiotensin system. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1688-96 pubmed
- Satake M, Ikarashi N, Ichikawa Y, Maniwa A, Toda T, Ito K, et al. The role of renal aquaporin 2 in the alleviation of dehydration associated with diabetic polyuria in KKAy mice. Life Sci. 2010;87:475-80 pubmed publisher..In the present study, the role of renal aquaporin 2 (AQP2) in the compensating mechanism was investigated in KKAy mice, a type 2 diabetes model...
- Uchida S, Tanaka Y, Ito H, Saitoh Ohara F, Inazawa J, Yokoyama K, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the CLC-K1 promoter by myc-associated zinc finger protein and kidney-enriched Krüppel-like factor, a novel zinc finger repressor. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7319-31 pubmed..These results suggest that a novel set of zinc finger proteins may help regulate the strict tissue- and nephron segment-specific expression of the CLC-K1 and CLC-K2 channel genes through their GA cis element. ..
- Kamegai J, Tamura H, Ishii S, Sugihara H, Wakabayashi I. Thyroid hormones regulate pituitary growth hormone secretagogue receptor gene expression. J Neuroendocrinol. 2001;13:275-8 pubmed
- Niu P, Shindo T, Iwata H, Iimuro S, Takeda N, Zhang Y, et al. Protective effects of endogenous adrenomedullin on cardiac hypertrophy, fibrosis, and renal damage. Circulation. 2004;109:1789-94 pubmed..AM may thus represent a useful new tool for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Kudo T, Nakayama E, Suzuki S, Akiyama M, Shibata S. Cholesterol diet enhances daily rhythm of Pai-1 mRNA in the mouse liver. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004;287:E644-51 pubmed..Therefore, the risk or high frequency of acute atherothrombotic events in the morning still seems to be a factor that may be augmented under conditions of hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Sakamoto T, Kondo K, Yamasoba T, Suzuki M, Sugasawa M, Kaga K. Overexpression of ErbB-2 protein in human middle ear cholesteatomas. Laryngoscope. 2004;114:1988-91 pubmed..ErbB-2 protein could modulate terminal differentiation and apoptosis in the keratinocytes of all layers in cholesteatoma matrix and cell proliferation in the keratinocytes of the basal and lower spinous layer in normal skin. ..
- Ide S, Han W, Kasai S, Hata H, Sora I, Ikeda K. Characterization of the 3' untranslated region of the human mu-opioid receptor (MOR-1) mRNA. Gene. 2005;364:139-45 pubmed
- Tsukahara S, Ikeda R, Goto S, Yoshida K, Mitsumori R, Sakamoto Y, et al. Tumour necrosis factor alpha-stimulated gene-6 inhibits osteoblastic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells induced by osteogenic differentiation medium and BMP-2. Biochem J. 2006;398:595-603 pubmed..Thus, TSG-6, identified as a down-regulated gene during osteoblastic differentiation, suppresses osteoblastic differentiation induced by both BMP-2 and OS and is a plausible target for therapeutic intervention in OPLL. ..
- Hirayasu K, Ohashi J, Kashiwase K, Hananantachai H, Naka I, Ogawa A, et al. Significant association of KIR2DL3-HLA-C1 combination with cerebral malaria and implications for co-evolution of KIR and HLA. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002565 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide one possible explanation for KIR-HLA co-evolution driven by a microbial pathogen, and its effect on the global distribution of malaria, KIR and HLA. ..
- Sakurai T, Bai H, Bai R, Arai M, Iwazawa M, Zhang J, et al. Coculture system that mimics in vivo attachment processes in bovine trophoblast cells. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that this in vitro coculture system could be used to isolate processes essential for conceptus attachment to uterine EECs. ..
- Yamada K, Tsuchiya J, Iino Y. Mutations in the pqe-1 gene enhance transgene expression in Caenorhabditis elegans. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:741-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that pqe-1 mutants can be used to increase the expression of various useful transgenes. ..
- Fujita Y, Masuda K, Bando M, Nakato R, Katou Y, Tanaka T, et al. Decreased cohesin in the brain leads to defective synapse development and anxiety-related behavior. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1431-1452 pubmed publisher..Thus, low levels of cohesin expression in the developing brain lead to changes in gene expression that in turn lead to a specific and abnormal neuronal and behavioral phenotype. ..
- Homma T, Kato A, Hashimoto N, Batchelor J, Yoshikawa M, Imai S, et al. Corticosteroid and cytokines synergistically enhance toll-like receptor 2 expression in respiratory epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004;31:463-9 pubmed..These results provide evidence for a novel function of corticosteroids in airway inflammatory disorders, and indicate that the use of inhaled corticosteroids in such disorders may have a beneficial role in host defense mechanisms. ..
- Negishi H, Ohba Y, Yanai H, Takaoka A, Honma K, Yui K, et al. Negative regulation of Toll-like-receptor signaling by IRF-4. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:15989-94 pubmed..This study may provide an insight into the complex regulatory mechanisms of MyD88 signaling by IRFs. ..
- Homma A, Li H, Hayashi K, Kawano Y, Kawano H. Differential response of arcuate proopiomelanocortin- and neuropeptide Y-containing neurons to the lesion produced by gold thioglucose administration. J Comp Neurol. 2006;499:120-31 pubmed..The present results first demonstrate that POMC- and NPY-containing neurons in the arcuate nucleus respond differently to the lesion produced by the GTG treatment. ..
- Kamei Y, Suganami T, Kohda T, Ishino F, Yasuda K, Miura S, et al. Peg1/Mest in obese adipose tissue is expressed from the paternal allele in an isoform-specific manner. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:91-6 pubmed..We also demonstrated that the abundantly expressed Peg1/Mest in obese adipose tissue retained monoallelic expression. This is the first report of monoallelic induction of Peg1/Mest in adult tissues. ..
- Wang J, Ohno Matsui K, Yoshida T, Kojima A, Shimada N, Nakahama K, et al. Altered function of factor I caused by amyloid beta: implication for pathogenesis of age-related macular degeneration from Drusen. J Immunol. 2008;181:712-20 pubmed..These findings link four factors that have been suggested to be associated with AMD: inflammation, complement activation, Abeta deposition, and drusen...
- Yamaguchi R, Imoto S, Yamauchi M, Nagasaki M, Yoshida R, Shimamura T, et al. Predicting differences in gene regulatory systems by state space models. Genome Inform. 2008;21:101-13 pubmed..We also discussed differences in regulatory systems for the unpredictable genes. The proposed method would be a promising tool for identifying biomarkers and drug target genes. ..
- Usui Y, Takeuchi M, Yamakawa N, Takeuchi A, Kezuka T, Ma J, et al. Expression and function of inducible costimulator on peripheral blood CD4+ T cells in Behçet's patients with uveitis: a new activity marker?. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:5099-104 pubmed publisher..High ICOS expression in BD patients with uveitis contributed to the upregulation of IFN-?, IL-17, and TNF-? production, suggesting that abnormal ICOS costimulation may play an immunopathologic role in the pathogenesis of uveitis in BD. ..
- Guo X, Harada C, Namekata K, Matsuzawa A, Camps M, Ji H, et al. Regulation of the severity of neuroinflammation and demyelination by TLR-ASK1-p38 pathway. EMBO Mol Med. 2010;2:504-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the TLR-ASK1-p38 pathway in glial cells may serve as a valid therapeutic target for autoimmune demyelinating disorders including multiple sclerosis. ..
- Kouzuma A, Hashimoto K, Watanabe K. Influences of aerobic respiration on current generation by Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 in single-chamber microbial fuel cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76:270-5 pubmed..These results suggest that suppression of aerobic respiration activates the expression of genes related to the extracellular electron transfer and increases the electric output from SC-MFCs. ..
- Kitaoka Y, Endo Y, Mukai K, Aida H, Hiraga A, Takemasa T, et al. Effect of acute exercise on monocarboxylate transporters 1 and 4 in untrained and trained Thoroughbreds. Am J Vet Res. 2013;74:642-7 pubmed publisher..These results may be important for the elucidation of exercise-induced alterations in lactate metabolism. ..
- Kumei Y, Morita S, Shimokawa H, Ohya K, Akiyama H, Hirano M, et al. Inhibition of HSP70 and a collagen-specific molecular chaperone (HSP47) expression in rat osteoblasts by microgravity. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;1010:476-80 pubmed..Microgravity differentially modulated the expression of molecular chaperones in osteoblasts, which might be involved in induction and/or prevention of osteopenia in space. ..
- Honda K, Takaoka A, Taniguchi T. Type I interferon [corrected] gene induction by the interferon regulatory factor family of transcription factors. Immunity. 2006;25:349-60 pubmed..Here, we summarize the recent studies on IRFs, providing a paradigm of how genes are ingeniously regulated during immune responses. We also consider some evolutional aspects on the IFN-IRF system. ..
- Kawaoka S, Kadota K, Arai Y, Suzuki Y, Fujii T, Abe H, et al. The silkworm W chromosome is a source of female-enriched piRNAs. RNA. 2011;17:2144-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we revealed the nature of the silkworm W chromosome as a source of piRNAs. ..
- Fujiyama K, Kajii Y, Hiraoka S, Nishikawa T. Differential regulation by stimulants of neocortical expression of mrt1, arc, and homer1a mRNA in the rats treated with repeated methamphetamine. Synapse. 2003;49:143-9 pubmed
- Suzuki H, Yagi K, Kondo M, Kato M, Miyazono K, Miyazawa K. c-Ski inhibits the TGF-beta signaling pathway through stabilization of inactive Smad complexes on Smad-binding elements. Oncogene. 2004;23:5068-76 pubmed..These results suggest that stabilization of inactive Smad complexes on DNA is a critical event in c-Ski-mediated inhibition of TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Ozaki K, Inoue K, Sato H, Iida A, Ohnishi Y, Sekine A, et al. Functional variation in LGALS2 confers risk of myocardial infarction and regulates lymphotoxin-alpha secretion in vitro. Nature. 2004;429:72-5 pubmed..Smooth muscle cells and macrophages in the human atherosclerotic lesions expressed both galectin-2 and LTA. Our findings thus suggest a link between the LTA cascade and the pathogenesis of MI. ..
- Kawada H, Nishiyama C, Takagi A, Tokura T, Nakano N, Maeda K, et al. Transcriptional regulation of ATP2C1 gene by Sp1 and YY1 and reduced function of its promoter in Hailey-Hailey disease keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2005;124:1206-14 pubmed..This is a report describing the regulation of the expression of ATP2C1. ..
- Yamada M, Iwabuchi T, Takahashi K, Kurahashi C, Ohata H, Honda K, et al. Identification and expression of frizzled-3 protein in rat frontal cortex after antidepressant and electroconvulsive treatment. J Pharmacol Sci. 2005;99:239-46 pubmed..In conclusion, the Frz3-mediated signaling cascade may be a component of the molecular machinery targeted by therapeutics commonly used to treat depression. ..
- Fujino R, Ishikawa Y, Tanaka K, Kanatsu Shinohara M, Tamura K, Kogo H, et al. Capillary morphogenesis gene (CMG)-1 is among the genes differentially expressed in mouse male germ line stem cells and embryonic stem cells. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:955-66 pubmed..The upregulated GS genes identified in this study will provide useful information for the future investigation of spermatogonial stem cells and the early phase of male germ cell differentiation. ..
- Kato S, Kim M, Yamaoka K, Fujiki R. Mechanisms of transcriptional repression by 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2007;16:297-304 pubmed..Given this, the mechanisms behind vitamin D-induced transcriptional repression are probably more complex than those of vitamin D-induced transactivation. ..
- Minegishi Y, Suzuki H, Arakawa M, Fukushima Y, Masaoka T, Ishikawa T, et al. Reduced Shh expression in TFF2-overexpressing lesions of the gastric fundus under hypochlorhydric conditions. J Pathol. 2007;213:161-9 pubmed..Since exposure to acid restored fundic Shh expression, appropriate gastric acid secretion may play an important role in the morphogen dynamics involved in the maintenance of gastric fundic gland homeostasis...
- Cho M, Ishida K, Chen J, Ohkawa J, Chen W, Namiki S, et al. SAGE library screening reveals ILT7 as a specific plasmacytoid dendritic cell marker that regulates type I IFN production. Int Immunol. 2008;20:155-64 pubmed..We conclude that ILT7 is a key regulator of human pDC function. ..
- Niimi K, Takahashi E, Itakura C. Emotional behavior and expression patterns of tyrosine hydroxylase and tryptophan hydroxylase in senescence-accelerated mouse (SAM) P6 mice. Behav Brain Res. 2008;188:329-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that one possible reason for the alterations of motor activity and emotional behavior of SAMP6, at least after 1 month of age, is increased dopamine and serotonin levels. ..
- Ubagai T, Tansho S, Ito T, Ono Y. Influences of aflatoxin B1 on reactive oxygen species generation and chemotaxis of human polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Toxicol In Vitro. 2008;22:1115-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a high concentration of AFB1 reduces the chemotactic ability of PMNs via the CXCR1/2 cascade indirectly. ..
- Fu L, Osuga Y, Yano T, Takemura Y, Morimoto C, Hirota Y, et al. Expression and possible implication of growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor splice variant 1 in endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2009;92:47-53 pubmed publisher..We found that GHRH stimulated the production of cAMP and the incorporation of BrdU in SV1-expressing ESC. GHRH and SV1 may play a role in promoting the development of endometriosis. ..
- Takahashi N, Kobayashi R, Kono T. Restoration of Dlk1 and Rtl1 is necessary but insufficient to rescue lethality in intergenic differentially methylated region (IG-DMR)-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:26121-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, we inferred that paternally expressed genes are necessary for perinatal survivability and that maternally expressed ncRNAs are involved in postnatal lethality. ..
- Ahn G, Bing S, Kang S, Lee W, Lee S, Matsuda H, et al. The JNk/NFkappaB pathway is required to activate murine lymphocytes induced by a sulfated polysaccharide from Ecklonia cava. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:2820-9 pubmed..These results suggest that SP induced T and B cell responses via both JNK and NFkappaB pathways. The effect of SP on splenic lymphocyte activation was assayed here for the first time and indicated the underlying functional mechanism. ..
- Takahashi M, Izawa K, Kashiwakura J, Yamanishi Y, Enomoto Y, Kaitani A, et al. Human CD300C delivers an Fc receptor-?-dependent activating signal in mast cells and monocytes and differs from CD300A in ligand recognition. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:7662-75 pubmed publisher..PE consistently failed to stimulate cytokine production in monocytes expressing CD300C with CD300A. In conclusion, specific engagement of CD300C led to Fc receptor ?-dependent activation of mast cells and monocytes. ..
- Suzuki S, Kokubu F, Kawaguchi M, Homma T, Odaka M, Watanabe S, et al. Expression of interleukin-17F in a mouse model of allergic asthma. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2007;143 Suppl 1:89-94 pubmed..These results suggest that bronchial epithelium-derived IL-17F may represent a new pharmacological target for glucocorticoids and may play a role in allergic asthma. ..
- Uno S, Masai H. Efficient expression and purification of human replication fork-stabilizing factor, Claspin, from mammalian cells: DNA-binding activity and novel protein interactions. Genes Cells. 2011;16:842-56 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss the advantage of this system for purification and characterization of those proteins that are large and have been difficult to deal with. ..
- Makino A, Sakai A, Ito H, Suzuki H. Involvement of tachykinins and NK1 receptor in the joint inflammation with collagen type II-specific monoclonal antibody-induced arthritis in mice. J Nippon Med Sch. 2012;79:129-38 pubmed..These findings suggest that tachykinins and NK1 receptors play a key role in joint inflammation, rather than in nociceptive sensitization, in CAIA. ..
- Shen H, Mizushima N. At the end of the autophagic road: an emerging understanding of lysosomal functions in autophagy. Trends Biochem Sci. 2014;39:61-71 pubmed publisher..We illustrate these findings in the context of the underlying molecular mechanisms and the relevance to human health and disease. ..
- Kataoka K, Igarashi K, Itoh K, Fujiwara K, Noda M, Yamamoto M, et al. Small Maf proteins heterodimerize with Fos and may act as competitive repressors of the NF-E2 transcription factor. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:2180-90 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that tissue-specific gene expression and differentiation of erythroid cells are regulated by competition among Fos, NF-E2 p45, and Ech for small Maf proteins and for binding sites. ..
- Hoshino M, Morita S, Iwashita H, Sagiya Y, Nagi T, Nakanishi A, et al. Increased expression of the human Ca2+-activated Cl- channel 1 (CaCC1) gene in the asthmatic airway. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002;165:1132-6 pubmed..These results suggest that CaCC1 plays a direct role in mucus production and differentiation in goblet cells and may contribute to the pathogenesis of asthma through its mucus-inducing activity. ..
- Sugiyama T, Yoshioka T, Ikeda M. mPer2 antisense oligonucleotides inhibit mPER2 expression but not circadian rhythms of physiological activity in cultured suprachiasmatic nucleus neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:479-83 pubmed..These suggest that circadian rhythms in mPER protein levels are not necessarily coupled to autonomous rhythmic activity in SCN neurons. ..
- Harada M, Osuga Y, Hirota Y, Koga K, Morimoto C, Hirata T, et al. Mechanical stretch stimulates interleukin-8 production in endometrial stromal cells: possible implications in endometrium-related events. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:1144-8 pubmed..These findings imply that uterine movement has an impact on endometrium-related physiology and pathology by stimulating the production of a biochemical mediator(s) in the endometrium. ..
- Oishi Y, Manabe I, Tobe K, Tsushima K, Shindo T, Fujiu K, et al. Krüppel-like transcription factor KLF5 is a key regulator of adipocyte differentiation. Cell Metab. 2005;1:27-39 pubmed..KLF5, in turn, acts in concert with C/EBPbeta/delta to activate the PPARgamma2 promoter. This study establishes KLF5 as a key component of the transcription factor network controlling adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Shinmura Y, Tsuchiya S, Hata K, Honda M. Quiescent epithelial cell rests of Malassez can differentiate into ameloblast-like cells. J Cell Physiol. 2008;217:728-38 pubmed publisher..Moreover, positive staining for amelogenin was observed in the enamel-like tissues, indicating the presence of well-developed ameloblasts in the implants. These results suggest that ERM can differentiate into ameloblast-like cells. ..
- Suzuki T, Sawaki D, Aizawa K, Munemasa Y, Matsumura T, Ishida J, et al. Kruppel-like factor 5 shows proliferation-specific roles in vascular remodeling, direct stimulation of cell growth, and inhibition of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:9549-57 pubmed publisher..These findings collectively suggest that KLF5 plays a central role in cardiovascular pathologies through direct and specific stimulation of cell growth as well as inhibition of apoptosis. ..
- Kodama M, Tsukamoto K, Yoshida K, Aoki K, Kanegasaki S, Quinn G. Embryonic stem cell transplantation correlates with endogenous neurogenin 3 expression and pancreas regeneration in streptozotocin-injured mice. J Histochem Cytochem. 2009;57:1149-58 pubmed publisher..Transplantation is associated with enhanced endogenous regeneration characterized by expression of Ngn3 and increased beta cell differentiation from endogenous progenitor cells. ..
- Okuno H. Regulation and function of immediate-early genes in the brain: beyond neuronal activity markers. Neurosci Res. 2011;69:175-86 pubmed publisher..1. This review provides a conceptual framework in which various immediate-early genes underlie several distinct processes required for long-term synaptic changes and memory formation. ..
- Takahashi M, Ishikawa K, Sato N, Obayashi M, Niimi Y, Ishiguro T, et al. Reduced brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) mRNA expression and presence of BDNF-immunoreactive granules in the spinocerebellar ataxia type 6 (SCA6) cerebellum. Neuropathology. 2012;32:595-603 pubmed publisher..1 aggregates in SCA6 Purkinje cells. We conclude that the SCA6 pathogenic mechanism associates with the BDNF mRNA expression reduction and abnormal localization of BDNF protein. ..
- Shimodaira K, Okubo Y, Ochiai E, Nakayama H, Katano H, Wakayama M, et al. Gene expression analysis of a murine model with pulmonary vascular remodeling compared to end-stage IPAH lungs. Respir Res. 2012;13:103 pubmed publisher..Activation of Wnt/PCP signaling, in upstream positions of the pathway, found alone in lungs from end stage IPAH may play essential roles in the pathogenesis of the disease. ..
- Asano L, Ito I, Kuwabara N, Waku T, Yanagisawa J, Miyachi H, et al. Structural basis for vitamin D receptor agonism by novel non-secosteroidal ligands. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:957-63 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that distinct ligand potency depend upon differences in the formation and rearrangement of hydrogen-bond networks induced by each ligand. ..
- Yoneno K, Hisamatsu T, Shimamura K, Kamada N, Ichikawa R, Kitazume M, et al. TGR5 signalling inhibits the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines by in vitro differentiated inflammatory and intestinal macrophages in Crohn's disease. Immunology. 2013;139:19-29 pubmed publisher..In isolated intestinal CD14(+) M?s, a TGR5 agonist could inhibit tumour necrosis factor-? production. These results indicate that TGR5 signalling may have the potential to modulate immune responses in inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Kumar S, Tomooka Y, Noda M. Identification of a set of genes with developmentally down-regulated expression in the mouse brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;185:1155-61 pubmed..Their patterns of expression indicate that these genes may play important roles during the embryonic development and differentiation of central nervous system. ..
- Shibanuma M, Mashimo J, Mita A, Kuroki T, Nose K. Cloning from a mouse osteoblastic cell line of a set of transforming-growth-factor-beta 1-regulated genes, one of which seems to encode a follistatin-related polypeptide. Eur J Biochem. 1993;217:13-9 pubmed..The amino acid sequence of TSC-36 protein was found to have some similarity with follistatin, an activin-binding protein, and a limited similarity with the secreted protein rich in cysteine (SPARC). ..
- Komatsu M, Kominami E, Arahata K, Tsukahara T. Cloning and characterization of two neural-salient serine/arginine-rich (NSSR) proteins involved in the regulation of alternative splicing in neurones. Genes Cells. 1999;4:593-606 pubmed..NSSR 1 and 2 were cloned from mouse cDNA libraries. Results indicate that NSSR 1 may play a crucial role in the regulation of alternative splicing in neurones. ..
- Morita T, Imai T, Yamaguchi T, Sugiyama T, Katayama S, Yoshino G. Induction of heme oxygenase-1 in monocytes suppresses angiotensin II-elicited chemotactic activity through inhibition of CCR2: role of bilirubin and carbon monoxide generated by the enzyme. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2003;5:439-47 pubmed..Exogenously applied bilirubin and carbon monoxide mimicked the inhibitory effect of HO-1 on the chemotactic response. These findings suggest that monocytic HO-1 might be a new therapeutic target for atherosclerosis. ..
- Nakamura H, Kumei Y, Morita S, Shimokawa H, Ohya K, Shinomiya K. Antagonism between apoptotic (Bax/Bcl-2) and anti-apoptotic (IAP) signals in human osteoblastic cells under vector-averaged gravity condition. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;1010:143-7 pubmed..Finally, the caspase-3 mRNA levels were not affected by vector-averaged gravity. Simulated microgravity might modulate some apoptotic signals upstream the mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Ozawa N, Shichiri M, Fukai N, Yoshimoto T, Hirata Y. Regulation of adrenomedullin gene transcription and degradation by the c-myc gene. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4244-50 pubmed..These results indicate that c-myc transactivates rat and human adrenomedullin genes and accelerates the degradation rate of adrenomedullin mRNA. However, c-myc is not essential for basal expression of the adrenomedullin gene. ..
- Bonkobara M, Hoshino M, Yagihara H, Tamura K, Isotani M, Tanaka Y, et al. Identification and gene expression of bovine C-type lectin dectin-2. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2006;110:179-86 pubmed..In cattle, dectin-2 expressed by dendritic cells may be clinically involved in the recognition of invading antigens in lymph nodes. ..
- Honda K, Yanai H, Takaoka A, Taniguchi T. Regulation of the type I IFN induction: a current view. Int Immunol. 2005;17:1367-78 pubmed..The understanding of the regulatory mechanisms of IFN-alpha/beta gene induction by TLRs and viruses is an emerging theme, for which much new insight has been gained over the past few years. ..
- Iwanaga R, Komori H, Ishida S, Okamura N, Nakayama K, Nakayama K, et al. Identification of novel E2F1 target genes regulated in cell cycle-dependent and independent manners. Oncogene. 2006;25:1786-98 pubmed..These results indicate that there are groups of E2F1 targets, which are regulated in a distinct manner from that of typical E2F targets. ..
- Ieda M, Kanazawa H, Kimura K, Hattori F, Ieda Y, Taniguchi M, et al. Sema3a maintains normal heart rhythm through sympathetic innervation patterning. Nat Med. 2007;13:604-12 pubmed..We conclude that appropriate cardiac Sema3a expression is needed for sympathetic innervation patterning and is critical for heart rate control. ..
- Yamazaki T, Shimosaka S, Sasaki H, Matsumura T, Tukiyama T, Tokiwa T. (+)-Syringaresinol-di-O-beta-D-glucoside, a phenolic compound from Acanthopanax senticosus Harms, suppresses proinflammatory mediators in SW982 human synovial sarcoma cells by inhibiting activating protein-1 and/or nuclear factor-kappaB activities. Toxicol In Vitro. 2007;21:1530-7 pubmed..senticosus, modulates the inflammatory process involved in arthritis by suppressing various gene expression through inhibiting AP-1 and/or NF-kappaB activities. ..
- Kubota T, Matsuoka M, Chang T, Tailor P, Sasaki T, Tashiro M, et al. Virus infection triggers SUMOylation of IRF3 and IRF7, leading to the negative regulation of type I interferon gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25660-70 pubmed publisher..Together, SUMO modification is an integral part of IRF3 and IRF7 activity that contributes to postactivation attenuation of IFN production. ..
- Hashiguchi M, Kobori H, Ritprajak P, Kamimura Y, Kozono H, Azuma M. Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cell-like transcript 2 (TLT-2) is a counter-receptor for B7-H3 and enhances T cell responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10495-500 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a direct interaction between B7-H3 and TLT-2 that preferentially enhances CD8(+) T cell activation. ..