Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: gene expression regulation
- Sato T, Fujikado T, Lee T, Tano Y. Direct effect of electrical stimulation on induction of brain-derived neurotrophic factor from cultured retinal Müller cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:4641-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that ES directly upregulates the transcriptional induction of BDNF through L-VDCCs in cultured Müller cells. The ES of Müller cells may be used to supply endogenous BDNF to the retina. ..
- Sugama R, Koike T, Imai Y, Nomura Furuwatari C, Takaoka K. Bone morphogenetic protein activities are enhanced by 3',5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate through suppression of Smad6 expression in osteoprogenitor cells. Bone. 2006;38:206-14 pubmed..Elevated intracellular cAMP might thus enhance BMP signaling by suppressing Smad6 induction and prolonging intracellular BMP signaling. ..
- Akazawa T, Shingai M, Sasai M, Ebihara T, Inoue N, Matsumoto M, et al. Tumor immunotherapy using bone marrow-derived dendritic cells overexpressing Toll-like receptor adaptors. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3334-40 pubmed..Using mDC adoptive transfer and a syngeneic mouse tumor implant model, we established an antitumor immunotherapy whereby tumor growth is retarded by adaptor-manipulated mDCs. ..
- Uchihashi T, Kimata M, Tachikawa K, Koshimizu T, Okada T, Ihara Watanabe M, et al. Involvement of nuclear factor I transcription/replication factor in the early stage of chondrocytic differentiation. Bone. 2007;41:1025-35 pubmed..These results indicate the critical roles of NFI family transcription/replication factors in the early stage of chondrocytic differentiation. ..
- Wu X, Iguchi T, Hirano J, Fujita I, Ueda H, Itoh N, et al. Upregulation of sodium-dependent vitamin C transporter 2 expression in adrenals increases norepinephrine production and aggravates hyperlipidemia in mice with streptozotocin-induced diabetes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:1020-8 pubmed..These results suggest SVCT-2-mediated increases in AA uptake by the adrenals followed by excessive production of plasma norepinephrine may play a pivotal role in the development of diabetic complications. ..
- Kohka Takahashi H, Sadamori H, Liu K, Wake H, Mori S, Yoshino T, et al. Role of cell-cell interactions in high mobility group box 1 cytokine activity in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and mouse splenocytes. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;701:194-202 pubmed publisher..1, B7.2 and CD40. These results together indicated that HMGB1 could induce an intimate cellular interplay between monocytes and T-cells in PBMCs through the stimulation and up-regulation of RAGE and other adhesive molecules on monocytes. ..
- Vandenbon A, Kumagai Y, Teraguchi S, Amada K, Akira S, Standley D. A Parzen window-based approach for the detection of locally enriched transcription factor binding sites. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14:26 pubmed publisher..It has potential for future analyses, such as the prediction of weaker binding sites. An online application of our approach, called LocaMo Finder (Local Motif Finder), is available at http://sysimm.ifrec.osaka-u.ac.jp/tfbs/locamo/. ..
- Fukuhara T, Kambara H, Shiokawa M, Ono C, Katoh H, Morita E, et al. Expression of microRNA miR-122 facilitates an efficient replication in nonhepatic cells upon infection with hepatitis C virus. J Virol. 2012;86:7918-33 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, although miR-122 facilitates efficient viral replication in nonhepatic cells, factors other than miR-122, which are most likely specific to hepatocytes, are required for HCV assembly. ..
- Hisahara S, Kanuka H, Shoji S, Yoshikawa S, Okano H, Miura M. Caenorhabditis elegans anti-apoptotic gene ced-9 prevents ced-3-induced cell death in Drosophila cells. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 6):667-73 pubmed..In addition, SL2 cells provide a unique systems for dissecting the main machinery of cell death. ..
- Hida T, Ikeda H, Kametaka S, Akazawa C, Kohsaka S, Ebisu S, et al. Specific depletion of GGA2 causes cathepsin D missorting in HeLa cells. Arch Histol Cytol. 2007;70:303-12 pubmed..These results suggest that GGA2 is recruited to the TGN independently of the other GGAs and is required for the efficient sorting of lysosomal enzymes. ..
- Michibata H, Okuno T, Konishi N, Wakimoto K, Kyono K, Aoki K, et al. Inhibition of mouse GPM6A expression leads to decreased differentiation of neurons derived from mouse embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2008;17:641-51 pubmed publisher..Hence, our findings suggest that expression level of GPM6A is directly or indirectly associated with the differentiation of neurons derived from undifferentiated ES cells. ..
- Iwasaki H, Takeuchi O, Teraguchi S, Matsushita K, Uehata T, Kuniyoshi K, et al. The I?B kinase complex regulates the stability of cytokine-encoding mRNA induced by TLR-IL-1R by controlling degradation of regnase-1. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:1167-75 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the IKK complex phosphorylates not only I?B?, thereby activating transcription, but also regnase-1, thereby releasing a 'brake' on IL-6 mRNA expression. ..
- Akagi M, Nishimura S, Yoshida K, Kakinuma T, Sawamura T, Munakata H, et al. Cyclic tensile stretch load and oxidized low density lipoprotein synergistically induce lectin-like oxidized ldl receptor-1 in cultured bovine chondrocytes, resulting in decreased cell viability and proteoglycan synthesis. J Orthop Res. 2006;24:1782-90 pubmed
- Kono K, Bozek K, Domingues F, Shioda T, Nakayama E. Impact of a single amino acid in the variable region 2 of the Old World monkey TRIM5alpha SPRY (B30.2) domain on anti-human immunodeficiency virus type 2 activity. Virology. 2009;388:160-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the combination of V1 with other variable regions of SPRY is important in anti-HIV-2 activity of primate TRIM5alpha. ..
- Takemori H, Katoh Hashimoto Y, Nakae J, Olson E, Okamoto M. Inactivation of HDAC5 by SIK1 in AICAR-treated C2C12 myoblasts. Endocr J. 2009;56:121-30 pubmed..These observations suggest that GSK-3 beta and SIK1 may play important roles in the regulation of PGC-1alpha gene expression by inactivating HDAC5 followed by activation of MEF2C. ..
- Oshitani N, Watanabe K, Maeda K, Fujiwara Y, Higuchi K, Matsumoto T, et al. Differential expression of homing receptor CD103 on lamina propria lymphocytes and association of CD103 with epithelial adhesion molecules in inflammatory bowel disease. Int J Mol Med. 2003;12:715-9 pubmed..Differential up-regulation of CD103 expression on lamina propria lymphocytes in Crohn's disease may indicate differential humoral or cellular regulation in inducing CD103 molecules on lymphocytes in patients with this disease. ..
- Ogawa H, Ueda T, Aoyama T, Aronheim A, Nagata S, Fukunaga R. A SWI2/SNF2-type ATPase/helicase protein, mDomino, interacts with myeloid zinc finger protein 2A (MZF-2A) to regulate its transcriptional activity. Genes Cells. 2003;8:325-39 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that an ATP-dependent chromatin-remodelling complex containing mDomino interacts with MZF-2A to regulate gene expression in myeloid cells. ..
- Okada Y, Watanabe M, Nakai T, Kamikawa Y, Shimizu M, Fukuhara Y, et al. RUNX1, but not its familial platelet disorder mutants, synergistically activates PF4 gene expression in combination with ETS family proteins. J Thromb Haemost. 2013;11:1742-50 pubmed publisher..RUNX1, but not its mutants, strongly and synergistically activates PF4 expression along with ETS family proteins. Furthermore, loss of the RUNX1 transcriptional activation function is induced by various functional abnormalities. ..
- Takimoto M, Takeyama M, Hamada T. Possible involvement of AMPK in acute exercise-induced expression of monocarboxylate transporters MCT1 and MCT4 mRNA in fast-twitch skeletal muscle. Metabolism. 2013;62:1633-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that acute exercise-induced increases in MCT1 and MCT4 mRNA expression may be possibly mediated by AMPK activation, at least in part in fast-twitch muscle. ..
- Kadoshima Yamaoka K, Goto M, Murakawa M, Yoshioka R, Tanaka Y, Inoue H, et al. ASB16165, a phosphodiesterase 7A inhibitor, reduces cutaneous TNF-alpha level and ameliorates skin edema in phorbol ester 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-induced skin inflammation model in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;613:163-6 pubmed publisher..This is the first report suggesting the association of PDE7A with the function of keratinocytes. ASB16165 will be useful as an agent for skin inflammation in which TNF-alpha plays a pathogenic role (e.g. psoriasis). ..
- Minami T, Miyata E, Sakamoto Y, Kohama A, Yamazaki H, Ichida S. Expression of metallothionein mRNAs on mouse cerebellum microglia cells by thimerosal and its metabolites. Toxicology. 2009;261:25-32 pubmed publisher..The reduction of MT-1 mRNA level by thiosalicylate may affect the proliferation of C8-B4 cells. ..
- Yamamotoya T, Nakatsu Y, Matsunaga Y, Fukushima T, Yamazaki H, Kaneko S, et al. Reduced SHARPIN and LUBAC Formation May Contribute to CCl?- or Acetaminophen-Induced Liver Cirrhosis in Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Thus, LUBAC is essential for the survival of hepatocytes, and it is likely that reduction of LUBAC is a factor promoting hepatocyte death in addition to the direct effect of drug toxicity. ..
- Shiraki T, Kamiya N, Shiki S, Kodama T, Kakizuka A, Jingami H. Alpha,beta-unsaturated ketone is a core moiety of natural ligands for covalent binding to peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14145-53 pubmed..We propose that PPARgamma senses oxidation of fatty acids by recognizing such an alpha,beta-unsaturated ketone as a common moiety. ..
- Okamura N, Ito Y, Shibata M, Ikeda T, Otsuki Y. Fas-mediated apoptosis in human lens epithelial cells of cataracts associated with diabetic retinopathy. Med Electron Microsc. 2002;35:234-41 pubmed..01). Apoptosis plays an important role in the development of cataracts with DR, but not in senile cataracts, and may be induced by Fas-mediated signaling. ..
- Shibata A, Tanabe E, Inoue S, Kitayoshi M, Okimoto S, Hirane M, et al. Hydrogen peroxide stimulates cell motile activity through LPA receptor-3 in liver epithelial WB-F344 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;433:317-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LPA signaling via LPA3 may be mainly involved in cell motile activity of WB-F344 cells stimulated by hydrogen peroxide...
- Song H, Nakayama E, Likanonsakul S, Wasi C, Iwamoto A, Shioda T. A three-base-deletion polymorphism in the upstream non-coding region of human interleukin 7 (IL-7) gene could enhance levels of IL-7 expression. Int J Immunogenet. 2007;34:107-13 pubmed
- Yamamoto Katayama S, Sato A, Ariyoshi M, Suyama M, Ishihara K, Hirano T, et al. Site-directed removal of N-glycosylation sites in BST-1/CD157: effects on molecular and functional heterogeneity. Biochem J. 2001;357:385-92 pubmed..Furthermore a crystal has been obtained using the N4 mutant, but not the wild-type sBST-1. Thus the artificial engineering of N-glycosylation sites could be an effective method to generate homogeneous material for structural studies. ..
- Ooe N, Kobayashi K, Motonaga K, Saito K, Kaneko H. Dynamic regulation of bHLH-PAS-type transcription factor NXF gene expression and neurotrophin dependent induction of the transcriptional control activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:761-5 pubmed publisher..This newly identified NXF gene system may provide a new insight into neurotrophin biology, which reflects the target gene functions. ..
- Moriyama M, Moriyama H, Uda J, Matsuyama A, Osawa M, Hayakawa T. BNIP3 plays crucial roles in the differentiation and maintenance of epidermal keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:1627-1635 pubmed publisher..This suggests that BNIP3 has a protective effect against UVB-induced apoptosis in keratinocytes. Overall, our data provide valuable insights into the role of BNIP3 in the differentiation and maintenance of epidermal keratinocytes. ..
- Ogawa T, Enomoto M, Fujii H, Sekiya Y, Yoshizato K, Ikeda K, et al. MicroRNA-221/222 upregulation indicates the activation of stellate cells and the progression of liver fibrosis. Gut. 2012;61:1600-9 pubmed..miR-221/222 may be new markers for stellate cell activation and liver fibrosis progression. ..
- Nakaoka Y, Shioyama W, Kunimoto S, Arita Y, Higuchi K, Yamamoto K, et al. SHP2 mediates gp130-dependent cardiomyocyte hypertrophy via negative regulation of skeletal alpha-actin gene. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;49:157-64 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate that SHP2 negatively regulates alpha-SKA expression via RhoA inactivation and suggest that SHP2 implicates ERK5 in cardiomyocyte elongation downstream of gp130. ..
- Ikeno T, Numata H, Goto S. Molecular characterization of the circadian clock genes in the bean bug, Riptortus pedestris, and their expression patterns under long- and short-day conditions. Gene. 2008;419:56-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that transcriptional regulations of circadian clock genes would not play an important role in the diapause programming in R. pedestris. ..
- Nakagawa K, Imai Y, Ohta Y, Takaoka K. Prostaglandin E2 EP4 agonist (ONO-4819) accelerates BMP-induced osteoblastic differentiation. Bone. 2007;41:543-8 pubmed..Thus PKA signaling pathway would be the main intracellular signaling pathway of the EP4 for the anabolic effect of bone and mineral metabolisms. ..
- Ouchi N, Kihara S, Arita Y, Maeda K, Kuriyama H, Okamoto Y, et al. Novel modulator for endothelial adhesion molecules: adipocyte-derived plasma protein adiponectin. Circulation. 1999;100:2473-6 pubmed..These observations suggest that adiponectin modulates endothelial inflammatory response and that the measurement of plasma adiponectin levels may be helpful in assessment of CAD risk. ..
- Azuma Y, Nishiyama K, Matsuo Y, Kuwamura M, Morioka A, Nakajima H, et al. PPAR? contributes to colonic protection in mice with DSS-induced colitis. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:1261-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that PPAR? has a role in controlling colonic inflammation and mucosal tissue homeostasis. ..
- Chida T, Ito M, Nakashima K, Kanegae Y, Aoshima T, Takabayashi S, et al. Critical role of CREBH-mediated induction of transforming growth factor ?2 by hepatitis C virus infection in fibrogenic responses in hepatic stellate cells. Hepatology. 2017;66:1430-1443 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2017;66:1430-1443). ..
- Nadatani Y, Watanabe T, Tanigawa T, Ohkawa F, Takeda S, Higashimori A, et al. High-mobility group box 1 inhibits gastric ulcer healing through Toll-like receptor 4 and receptor for advanced glycation end products. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80130 pubmed publisher..Thus, we showed that HMGB1 is a complicating factor in the gastric ulcer healing process, which acts through TLR4 and RAGE to induce excessive inflammatory responses. ..
- Fujita Y, Masuda K, Bando M, Nakato R, Katou Y, Tanaka T, et al. Decreased cohesin in the brain leads to defective synapse development and anxiety-related behavior. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1431-1452 pubmed publisher..Thus, low levels of cohesin expression in the developing brain lead to changes in gene expression that in turn lead to a specific and abnormal neuronal and behavioral phenotype. ..
- Umebayashi K, Stenmark H, Yoshimori T. Ubc4/5 and c-Cbl continue to ubiquitinate EGF receptor after internalization to facilitate polyubiquitination and degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3454-62 pubmed publisher..We propose that sustained tyrosine phosphorylation of EGFR facilitates its polyubiquitination in endosomes and counteracts rapid deubiquitination, thereby ensuring Hrs-dependent lysosomal sorting. ..
- Inoue H, Yokoyama C, Hara S, Tone Y, Tanabe T. Transcriptional regulation of human prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase-2 gene by lipopolysaccharide and phorbol ester in vascular endothelial cells. Involvement of both nuclear factor for interleukin-6 expression site and cAMP response element. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:24965-71 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that transcription of the PES-2 gene in vascular endothelial cells is regulated through combination of the NF-IL6 site and the CRE and that C/EBP delta functions as one of the trans-acting factors. ..
- Kitamura A, Takahashi K, Okajima A, Kitamura N. Induction of the human gene for p44, a hepatitis-C-associated microtubular aggregate protein, by interferon-alpha/beta. Eur J Biochem. 1994;224:877-83 pubmed..Thus, the human p44 gene is a member of the family of interferon-alpha/beta inducible genes. The protein p44 may be one of the mediators involved in the antiviral action of interferon. ..
- Yamamoto A, Taki T, Yagi H, Habu T, Yoshida K, Yoshimura Y, et al. Cell cycle-dependent expression of the mouse Rad51 gene in proliferating cells. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;251:1-12 pubmed..Thus, mouse Rad51 expression is closely related to the state of cell proliferation and is presumably involved in DNA repair coupled with DNA replication, as well as in meiotic DNA recombination in spermatocytes. ..
- Uwabe K, Gahara Y, Yamada H, Miyake T, Kitamura T. Identification and characterization of a novel gene (neurorep 1) expressed in nerve cells and up-regulated after axotomy. Neuroscience. 1997;80:501-9 pubmed..Neurorep 1 might play a significant role in the repair process of nerve tissues by its regulation of ecto-5'-nucleotidase activity. ..
- Mohri T, Fujio Y, Maeda M, Ito T, Iwakura T, Oshima Y, et al. Leukemia inhibitory factor induces endothelial differentiation in cardiac stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6442-7 pubmed..Collectively, it is proposed that LIF regulates the commitment of cardiac stem cells into the endothelial cell lineage, contributing to neovascularization in the process of tissue remodeling and/or regeneration. ..
- Omura T, Yoshiyama M, Matsumoto R, Kusuyama T, Enomoto S, Nishiya D, et al. Role of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase in G-protein-coupled receptor agonist-induced cardiac plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;38:583-92 pubmed..In conclusion, G-protein-coupled receptor agonist-induced PAI-1 expression is partially mediated through JNK activation. ..
- Ohta S, Takeuchi M, Deguchi M, Tsuji T, Gahara Y, Nagata K. A novel transcriptional factor with Ser/Thr kinase activity involved in the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta signalling pathway. Biochem J. 2000;350 Pt 2:395-404 pubmed..Thus, TSF1 is an unique factor with two biological functions, transcriptional regulation and protein phosphorylation, that may be involved in TGF-beta signals. ..
- Nakajima S, Tanaka T, Umesaki N, Ishiko O. Leukemia inhibitory factor regulates cell survival of normal human endometrial stromal cells. Int J Mol Med. 2003;11:353-6 pubmed
- Ohta H, Sawada A, Kim J, Tokimasa S, Nishiguchi S, Humphries R, et al. Polycomb group gene rae28 is required for sustaining activity of hematopoietic stem cells. J Exp Med. 2002;195:759-70 pubmed..Thus the compromised HSCs were presumed to reduce hematopoietic activity in the rae28-/- fetal liver. This is the first report to suggest that rae28 has a crucial role in sustaining the activity of HSCs to maintain hematopoiesis. ..
- Higashi N, Kunimoto H, Kaneko S, Sasaki T, Ishii M, Kojima H, et al. Cytoplasmic c-Fos induced by the YXXQ-derived STAT3 signal requires the co-operative MEK/ERK signal for its nuclear translocation. Genes Cells. 2004;9:233-42 pubmed..Thus, the YXXQ-signal induces c-Fos expression through STAT3 and anchors the new c-Fos in the cytoplasm. In addition, the YXXQ-signal and an Erk signal co-operatively cause c-Fos activation in the nucleus. ..
- Tada M, Takahashi S, Miyano M, Miyake Y. Tissue-specific regulation of renin-binding protein gene expression in rats. J Biochem. 1992;112:175-82 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of RnBP gene in the kidney and adrenal gland is regulated independently, and the function of RnBP is related to electrolyte homeostasis, probably through the interaction with renin. ..
- Tajima H, Tsuchiya K, Yamada M, Kondo K, Katsube N, Ishitani R. Over-expression of GAPDH induces apoptosis in COS-7 cells transfected with cloned GAPDH cDNAs. Neuroreport. 1999;10:2029-33 pubmed..Our results directly demonstrate that over-expressed GAPDH functions as a 'killing protein' in apoptosis. ..
- Mori M, Nakagami H, Rodriguez Araujo G, Nimura K, Kaneda Y. Essential role for miR-196a in brown adipogenesis of white fat progenitor cells. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001314 pubmed publisher..The miR-196a-Hoxc8-C/EBP? signaling pathway may be a therapeutic target for inducing brown adipogenesis to combat obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Ishiguro K, Baba E, Torii R, Tamada H, Kawate N, Hatoya S, et al. Reduction of mucin-1 gene expression associated with increased Escherichia coli adherence in the canine uterus in the early stage of dioestrus. Vet J. 2007;173:325-32 pubmed..These results suggest that reduction of Muc1 expression is associated with increased E. coli adherence in the canine uterus at the early stage of dioestrus, possibly facilitating the development of pyometra. ..
- Mitsuda T, Omi T, Tanimukai H, Sakagami Y, Tagami S, Okochi M, et al. Sigma-1Rs are upregulated via PERK/eIF2?/ATF4 pathway and execute protective function in ER stress. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;415:519-25 pubmed publisher..This study is the first report identifying the transcription factor regulating Sig-1Rs expression. ..
- Hayasaka N, Aoki K, Kinoshita S, Yamaguchi S, Wakefield J, Tsuji Kawahara S, et al. Attenuated food anticipatory activity and abnormal circadian locomotor rhythms in Rgs16 knockdown mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17655 pubmed publisher..The present study also suggests that liver and/or thalamus regulate the food-entrained circadian behavior through G protein-mediated signal transduction pathway(s). ..
- Hirata T, Fujita M, Kanzawa N, Murakami Y, Maeda Y, Kinoshita T. Glycosylphosphatidylinositol mannosyltransferase II is the rate-limiting enzyme in glycosylphosphatidylinositol biosynthesis under limited dolichol-phosphate mannose availability. J Biochem. 2013;154:257-64 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that GPI mannosyltransferase II is the rate-limiting enzyme in GPI biosynthesis under limited dolichol-phosphate mannose availability. ..
- Kidoya H, Naito H, Takakura N. Apelin induces enlarged and nonleaky blood vessels for functional recovery from ischemia. Blood. 2010;115:3166-74 pubmed publisher..Apelin inhibited the down-modulation of vascular endothelial-cadherin by VEGF, resulting in suppression of hyperpermeability. Our results suggest apelin efficacy for therapeutic angiogenesis. ..
- Miyazaki M, Kanto T, Inoue M, Itose I, Miyatake H, Sakakibara M, et al. Impaired cytokine response in myeloid dendritic cells in chronic hepatitis C virus infection regardless of enhanced expression of Toll-like receptors and retinoic acid inducible gene-I. J Med Virol. 2008;80:980-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, innate cytokine responses in myeloid dendritic cells are impaired regardless of enhanced expressions of TLR2, TLR4, and RIG-I in HCV infection. ..
- Segawa K, Matsuda M, Fukuhara A, Morita K, Okuno Y, Komuro R, et al. Identification of a novel distal enhancer in human adiponectin gene. J Endocrinol. 2009;200:107-16 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CEBPA plays a pivotal role in the transcription of human adiponectin gene via the distal enhancer and proximal region in its promoter. ..