Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on flow cytometry in Tokushima, Japan
Locale: Tokushima, Japan
Topic: flow cytometry
- Nakamura M, Ishimura K. Size-controlled, one-pot synthesis, characterization, and biological applications of epoxy-organosilica particles possessing positive zeta potential. Langmuir. 2008;24:12228-34 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the advantages of EpoMS particles, as well as the potential biological applications of these particles. ..
- Kagawa K, Nakano A, Miki H, Oda A, Amou H, Takeuchi K, et al. Inhibition of TACE activity enhances the susceptibility of myeloma cells to TRAIL. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31594 pubmed publisher..It can be envisaged that TACE inhibition augments clinical efficacy of TRAIL-based immunotherapy against MM, which eventually becomes resistant to the present therapeutic modalities. ..
- Wang W, Nishioka Y, Ozaki S, Jalili A, Abe S, Kakiuchi S, et al. HM1.24 (CD317) is a novel target against lung cancer for immunotherapy using anti-HM1.24 antibody. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2009;58:967-76 pubmed publisher..24 antibody showed the enhanced antitumor effects even in the delayed treatment schedule. HM1.24 antigen is a novel immunological target for the treatment of lung cancer with anti-HM1.24 antibody. ..
- Oyama T, Ishida S, Okano Y, Seo H, Oyama Y. Clioquinol-induced increase and decrease in the intracellular Zn2+ level in rat thymocytes. Life Sci. 2012;91:1216-20 pubmed publisher..The effect of clioquinol on the intracellular Zn(2+) level varies, depending on the extracellular Zn(2+) concentration and the clioquinol concentration. Clioquinol may therefore exert various types of Zn(2+)-dependent cytotoxicity. ..
- Ikemoto T, Shimada M, Komatsu M, Yamada S, Saito Y, Mori H, et al. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase affects the aggressiveness of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms through Foxp3+CD4+CD25+ T cells in peripheral blood. Pancreas. 2013;42:130-4 pubmed publisher..01, log-rank test). Peripheral Foxp3(+) Tregs accurately reflect the aggressiveness of IPMNs. An increase in Foxp3(+) Tregs can be induced by local IDO-positive cells in IPMN. ..
- Sakai T, Kogiso M, Mitsuya K, Komatsu T, Yamamoto S. Genistein enhances antigen-specific cytokine production in female DO11.10 transgenic mice. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2006;52:327-32 pubmed..In contrast to the female mice, genistein did not increase cytokine production in male mice, suggesting that the effect of genistein on cytokine production is gender-dependent. ..
- Ueha Ishibashi T, Tatsuishi T, Iwase K, Nakao H, Umebayashi C, Nishizaki Y, et al. Property of thimerosal-induced decrease in cellular content of glutathione in rat thymocytes: a flow cytometric study with 5-chloromethylfluorescein diacetate. Toxicol In Vitro. 2004;18:563-9 pubmed
- Ohigashi I, Zuklys S, Sakata M, Mayer C, Zhanybekova S, Murata S, et al. Aire-expressing thymic medullary epithelial cells originate from ?5t-expressing progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9885-90 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the majority of mTECs, including autoimmune regulator-expressing mTECs, are derived from ?5t-expressing progenitor cells...
- Abe S, Morita Y, Kaneko M, Hanibuchi M, Tsujimoto Y, Goto H, et al. A novel targeting therapy of malignant mesothelioma using anti-podoplanin antibody. J Immunol. 2013;190:6239-49 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that targeting therapy to podoplanin with therapeutic Abs (i.e., NZ-8) derived from NZ-1 might be useful as a novel immunotherapy against MPM...
- Ashrin M, Arakaki R, Yamada A, Kondo T, Kurosawa M, Kudo Y, et al. A critical role for thymic stromal lymphopoietin in nickel-induced allergy in mice. J Immunol. 2014;192:4025-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ni allergy may be triggered by a TSLP/TSLPR-mediated interaction between epithelial and immune cells. ..
- Kozai M, Kubo Y, Katakai T, Kondo H, Kiyonari H, Schaeuble K, et al. Essential role of CCL21 in establishment of central self-tolerance in T cells. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1925-1935 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a nonredundant role of CCL21Ser in the establishment of self-tolerance in T cells in the thymic medulla, and reveal a functional inequality among CCR7 ligands in vivo. ..
- Ikemoto T, Shimada M, Ishikawa D, Kawashita Y, Teraoku H, Yoshikawa M, et al. Peripheral Tr1 and Foxp3+ Treg as Markers of Recurrent Malignancies in Patients with Hepato-Biliary Pancreatic Cancers. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5541-5552 pubmed..Thus, this study aimed to investigate whether Treg and Tr1 cells participate in immunological status against cancer...
- Hosokawa Y, Nakanishi T, Yamaguchi D, Takahashi K, Yumoto H, Ozaki K, et al. Macrophage inflammatory protein 3alpha-CC chemokine receptor 6 interactions play an important role in CD4+ T-cell accumulation in periodontal diseased tissue. Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;128:548-54 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggested that CCR6 and the corresponding chemokine, MIP-3alpha may have an important regulatory role in specific lymphocyte migration into inflamed periodontal tissue. ..
- Tamura I, Kanbara Y, Saito M, Horimoto K, Satoh M, Yamamoto H, et al. Triclosan, an antibacterial agent, increases intracellular Zn(2+) concentration in rat thymocytes: its relation to oxidative stress. Chemosphere. 2012;86:70-5 pubmed publisher..Since recent studies show many physiological roles of intracellular Zn(2+) in cellular functions, the triclosan-induced disturbance of cellular Zn(2+) homeostasis may induce adverse actions on the cells. ..
- Ishifune C, Maekawa Y, Nishida J, Kitamura A, Tanigaki K, Yagita H, et al. Notch signaling regulates the development of a novel type of Thy1-expressing dendritic cell in the thymus. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1309-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our findings suggest that Notch signaling regulates T-cell development not only by intrinsically inducing T-cell lineage-specific gene programs, but also by regulating negative selection through Thy1(+) DCs. ..
- Okazaki T, Okazaki I, Wang J, Sugiura D, Nakaki F, Yoshida T, et al. PD-1 and LAG-3 inhibitory co-receptors act synergistically to prevent autoimmunity in mice. J Exp Med. 2011;208:395-407 pubmed publisher..In addition, LAG-3 deficiency alone accelerated type 1 diabetes mellitus in nonobese diabetic mice. These results demonstrate that LAG-3 acts synergistically with PD-1 and/or other immunoregulatory genes to prevent autoimmunity in mice. ..
- Saha A, Kuzuhara T, Echigo N, Fujii A, Suganuma M, Fujiki H. Apoptosis of human lung cancer cells by curcumin mediated through up-regulation of "growth arrest and DNA damage inducible genes 45 and 153". Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:1291-9 pubmed..All the results with PC-9 cells suggest that the up-regulation of GADD45 and 153 by curcumin is a prime mechanism in the anticancer activity of curcumin. ..
- Yan H, Shinka T, Sato Y, Yang X, Chen G, Sakamoto K, et al. Overexpression of SOX15 inhibits proliferation of NT2/D1 cells derived from a testicular embryonal cell carcinoma. Mol Cells. 2007;24:323-8 pubmed..Among the up-regulated genes, IGFBP5, S100A4, ID2, FABP5, MTSS1, PDCD4 have been shown to be related to cell proliferation and/or the cell cycle. ..
- Nakamura M, Shono M, Ishimura K. Synthesis, characterization, and biological applications of multifluorescent silica nanoparticles. Anal Chem. 2007;79:6507-14 pubmed..We discuss the advantages and demonstrate the usefulness of our nanoparticles in relation to commercially available fluorescent nanoparticles including quantum dots. ..
- Hirasaka K, Kohno S, Goto J, Furochi H, Mawatari K, Harada N, et al. Deficiency of Cbl-b gene enhances infiltration and activation of macrophages in adipose tissue and causes peripheral insulin resistance in mice. Diabetes. 2007;56:2511-22 pubmed..Cbl-b is a negative regulator of macrophage infiltration and activation, and macrophage activation by Cbl-b deficiency contributes to the peripheral insulin resistance and glucose intolerance via cytokines secreted from macrophages. ..
- Saegusa K, Ishimaru N, Yanagi K, Haneji N, Nishino M, Azuma M, et al. Autoantigen-specific CD4+CD28low T cell subset prevents autoimmune exocrinopathy in murine Sjögren's syndrome. J Immunol. 2000;165:2251-7 pubmed..These results suggest that a CD4+CD28low T cell subset that is continuously activated by an organ-specific autoantigen may play a regulatory role in the development of organ-specific autoimmune disease in an animal model of SS. ..
- Kawanai T. Triclosan, an environmental pollutant from health care products, evokes charybdotoxin-sensitive hyperpolarization in rat thymocytes. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011;32:417-22 pubmed publisher..Since the change in membrane potential of lymphocytes influence cellular immune functions, triclosan may exert adverse actions on immune system in human and wild animals. ..
- Mouri Y, Yano M, Shinzawa M, Shimo Y, Hirota F, Nishikawa Y, et al. Lymphotoxin signal promotes thymic organogenesis by eliciting RANK expression in the embryonic thymic stroma. J Immunol. 2011;186:5047-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, the LT?R signal exhibits a novel and unique function in promoting RANK activity for mTEC organization, indicating a link between thymic organogenesis mediated by multiple cytokine signals and the control of autoimmunity. ..
- Lei Y, Ripen A, Ishimaru N, Ohigashi I, Nagasawa T, Jeker L, et al. Aire-dependent production of XCL1 mediates medullary accumulation of thymic dendritic cells and contributes to regulatory T cell development. J Exp Med. 2011;208:383-94 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the XCL1-mediated medullary accumulation of tDCs contributes to nT reg cell development and is regulated by Aire. ..
- Uchida D, Kuribayashi N, Kinouchi M, Ohe G, Tamatani T, Nagai H, et al. Expression and function of CXCR4 in human salivary gland cancers. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2013;30:133-42 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CXCR4 expression contributes to the metastatic potential of SGCs. ..
- Izawa T, Kondo T, Kurosawa M, Oura R, Matsumoto K, Tanaka E, et al. Fas-independent T-cell apoptosis by dendritic cells controls autoimmune arthritis in MRL/lpr mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48798 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that a novel Fas-independent apoptosis pathway in T cells maintains peripheral tolerance and thus controls autoimmunity in MRL/lpr mice. ..
- Nakanishi T, Mukai K, Yumoto H, Hirao K, Hosokawa Y, Matsuo T. Anti-inflammatory effect of catechin on cultured human dental pulp cells affected by bacteria-derived factors. Eur J Oral Sci. 2010;118:145-50 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that green tea catechins may prevent the exacerbation of pulpitis. ..
- Uchida D, Onoue T, Begum N, Kuribayashi N, Tomizuka Y, Tamatani T, et al. Vesnarinone downregulates CXCR4 expression via upregulation of Krüppel-like factor 2 in oral cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2009;8:62 pubmed publisher..The use of siRNA against KLF2 led to an upregulation of CXCR4 mRNA. These Results indicate that vesnarinone downregulates CXCR4 via the upregulation of KLF2 in oral cancer. ..
- Sakai T, Liu L, Teng X, Ishimaru N, Mukai Sakai R, Tran N, et al. Inflammatory disease and cancer with a decrease in Kupffer cell numbers in Nucling-knockout mice. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:1079-94 pubmed publisher..We propose that Nucling deficiency could be a powerful tool to reveal the NF-kappaB-related molecular networks leading to hepatitis and HCC development. ..