Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fibroblasts in Kumamoto, Japan
Locale: Kumamoto, Japan
- Kudo H, Jinnin M, Asano Y, Trojanowska M, Nakayama W, Inoue K, et al. Decreased interleukin-20 expression in scleroderma skin contributes to cutaneous fibrosis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014;66:1636-47 pubmed publisher..To confirm the therapeutic value of IL-20 and IL-20R, their function and expression in vivo should be further studied. ..
- Makino K, Jinnin M, Aoi J, Hirano A, Kajihara I, Makino T, et al. Discoidin domain receptor 2-microRNA 196a-mediated negative feedback against excess type I collagen expression is impaired in scleroderma dermal fibroblasts. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:110-9 pubmed publisher..DDR2-microRNA-196a pathway may be a previously unreported negative feedback system, and its impairment may be involved in the pathogenesis of SSc. ..
- Honda N, Jinnin M, Kajihara I, Makino T, Makino K, Masuguchi S, et al. TGF-?-mediated downregulation of microRNA-196a contributes to the constitutive upregulated type I collagen expression in scleroderma dermal fibroblasts. J Immunol. 2012;188:3323-31 pubmed publisher..miR-196a may play some roles in the pathogenesis of SSc. Investigation of the regulatory mechanisms of type I collagen expression by miR-196a may lead to new treatments using miRNA. ..
- Moriya C, Jinnin M, Yamane K, Maruo K, Muchemwa F, Igata T, et al. Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-13 is controlled by IL-13 via PI3K/Akt3 and PKC-? in normal human dermal fibroblasts. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:655-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that IL-13 may induce the formation of thickened dermis in AD by decreasing collagen degradation. Blockade of IL-13 signaling cascades in AD patients may be a new therapeutic approach. ..
- Jinnin M. Mechanisms of skin fibrosis in systemic sclerosis. J Dermatol. 2010;37:11-25 pubmed publisher..Imbalance between matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases might also contribute to the excess accumulation of collagen in the dermis. ..
- Ozaki N, Ohmuraya M, Hirota M, Ida S, Wang J, Takamori H, et al. Serine protease inhibitor Kazal type 1 promotes proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells through the epidermal growth factor receptor. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:1572-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that SPINK1 stimulates the proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells through the EGFR/mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade. ..
- Zhang D, Shimizu T, Araki N, Hirota T, Yoshie M, Ogawa K, et al. Aurora A overexpression induces cellular senescence in mammary gland hyperplastic tumors developed in p53-deficient mice. Oncogene. 2008;27:4305-14 pubmed publisher..Both p53 and p16 are critical in preventing mammary gland tumorigenesis in the Aurora A overexpression mouse model. ..