Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on female in Fukuoka, Japan
Locale: Fukuoka, Japan
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Masaoka H, Matsuo K, Sawada N, Yamaji T, Goto A, Shimazu T, et al. Alcohol consumption and bladder cancer risk with or without the flushing response: The Japan Public Health Center-based Prospective Study. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:2480-2488 pubmed publisher..083) may support our hypothesis that acetaldehyde derived from alcohol consumption is associated with bladder cancer risk. A prospective study considering polymorphisms of genes involved in acetaldehyde metabolism is warranted. ..
- Hara M, Kobayakawa K, Ohkawa Y, Kumamaru H, Yokota K, Saito T, et al. Interaction of reactive astrocytes with type I collagen induces astrocytic scar formation through the integrin-N-cadherin pathway after spinal cord injury. Nat Med. 2017;23:818-828 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal environmental cues regulating astrocytic fate decisions, thereby providing a potential therapeutic target for CNS injury. ..
- Meng S, Oi M, Saito G, Saito H. The neural correlates of biomechanical constraints in hand laterality judgment task performed from other person's perspective: A near-infrared spectroscopy study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183818 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in the NEG, the PFC activation was not influenced by the BC in either the 1PP or 3PP condition. These results indicate that BC interferes with the HLJ task performed from the 1PP and 3PP. ..
- Zhang D, Kishihara K, Wang B, Mizobe K, Kubo C, Nomoto K. Restraint stress-induced immunosuppression by inhibiting leukocyte migration and Th1 cytokine expression during the intraperitoneal infection of Listeria monocytogenes. J Neuroimmunol. 1998;92:139-51 pubmed..monocytogenes infection. ..
- Otsubo K, Nosaki K, Imamura C, Ogata H, Fujita A, Sakata S, et al. Phase I study of salazosulfapyridine in combination with cisplatin and pemetrexed for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1843-1849 pubmed publisher..Salazosulfapyridine was thus given safely in combination with cisplatin-pemetrexed, with the addition of SASP tending to prolong progression-free survival. This trial is registered in the UMIN Clinical Trials Registry as UMIN000017854. ..
- Inadomi K, Kusaba H, Matsushita Y, Tanaka R, Mitsugi K, Arimizu K, et al. Efficacy and Safety Analysis of Oxaliplatin-based Chemotherapy for Advanced Gastric Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2663-2671 pubmed..Subsequent oxaliplatin-based therapy after cisplatin exhibited modest efficacy, especially in cases with cisplatin intolerance. ..
- Wakimoto R, Ono M, Takeshima M, Higuchi T, Nakano S. Differential Anticancer Activity of Pterostilbene Against Three Subtypes of Human Breast Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6153-6159 pubmed..These data suggest a potential role of pterostilbene for prevention and treatment of human breast cancer, especially of triple-negative breast cancer...
- Ishimoto T, Miyake K, Nandi T, Yashiro M, Onishi N, Huang K, et al. Activation of Transforming Growth Factor Beta 1 Signaling in Gastric Cancer-associated Fibroblasts Increases Their Motility, via Expression of Rhomboid 5 Homolog 2, and Ability to Induce Invasiveness of Gastric Cancer Cells. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:191-204.e16 pubmed publisher..RHBDF2 promotes cleavage of TGFBR1 by activating TACE and motility of CAFs in response to TGFB1. These highly motile CAFs induce DGCs to invade extracellular matrix and lymphatic vessels in nude mice. ..
- Kurotani K, Sato M, Yasuda K, Kashima K, Tanaka S, Hayashi T, et al. Even- and odd-chain saturated fatty acids in serum phospholipids are differentially associated with adipokines. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178192 pubmed publisher..048 and 0.02, respectively). Visfatin was positively associated with both even- and odd-chain saturated fatty acids. The results suggest that even- and odd-chain saturated fatty acids are differentially associated with adipokine profile. ..
- Hioki H, Watanabe Y, Kozuma K, Nara Y, Kawashima H, Nagura F, et al. Timing of Susceptibility to Mortality and Heart Failure in Patients With Preexisting Atrial Fibrillation After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1618-1625 pubmed publisher..Moreover, there was a specific timing of susceptibility to all-cause death and rehospitalization for HF after TAVI. ..
- Kumazoe M, Takai M, Hiroi S, Takeuchi C, Kadomatsu M, Nojiri T, et al. The FOXO3/PGC-1? signaling axis is essential for cancer stem cell properties of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10813-10823 pubmed publisher..This suggests that cGMP induction and PGC-1? inhibition represent potential strategies for treating patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. ..
- Arioka M, Takahashi Yanaga F, Kubo M, Igawa K, Tomooka K, Sasaguri T. Anti-tumor effects of differentiation-inducing factor-1 in malignant melanoma: GSK-3-mediated inhibition of cell proliferation and GSK-3-independent suppression of cell migration and invasion. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;138:31-48 pubmed publisher..Therefore, DIF-1 may have a potential as a novel anti-cancer agent for the treatment of malignant melanoma. ..
- Oda Y, Aishima S, Shindo K, Fujino M, Mizuuchi Y, Hattori M, et al. SLC2A1/GLUT1 expression in mural nodules of intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas. Hum Pathol. 2017;65:71-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SLC2A1/GLUT1 is expressed late in the adenoma-carcinoma sequence during carcinogenesis in IPMN, and SLC2A1/GLUT1 act as therapeutic target for malignant IPMN. ..
- Goto S, Hasegawa S, Hida K, Uozumi R, Kanemitsu Y, Watanabe T, et al. Multicenter analysis of impact of anastomotic leakage on long-term oncologic outcomes after curative resection of colon cancer. Surgery. 2017;162:317-324 pubmed publisher..59; 95% confidence interval, 0.79-6.29). In our study population, anastomotic leakage was associated with reduced overall survival and with increased rate of local recurrence after curative resection for colon cancer. ..
- Aung T, Ozaki M, Lee M, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Thorleifsson G, Mizoguchi T, et al. Genetic association study of exfoliation syndrome identifies a protective rare variant at LOXL1 and five new susceptibility loci. Nat Genet. 2017;49:993-1004 pubmed publisher..3 (TMEM136), 6p21 (AGPAT1), 3p24 (RBMS3) and 5q23 (near SEMA6A). These findings provide biological insights into the pathology of XFS and highlight a potential role for naturally occurring rare LOXL1 variants in disease biology. ..
- Takada K, Okamoto T, Toyokawa G, Kozuma Y, Matsubara T, Haratake N, et al. The expression of PD-L1 protein as a prognostic factor in lung squamous cell carcinoma. Lung Cancer. 2017;104:7-15 pubmed publisher..The expression of PD-L1 protein was associated with a poor prognosis in lung SCC patients. The 1% cut-off value for PD-L1 might become a better predictive marker than the other cut-off values. ..
- Shoji F, Toyokawa G, Harada N, Itoh S, Harimoto N, Ikegami T, et al. Surgical Treatment and Outcome of Patients with De Novo Lung Cancer After Liver Transplantation. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2619-2623 pubmed..Although the study population was small, these results suggest that pulmonary lobectomy of de novo lung cancer after LDLT, even under immunosuppressive conditions, is a feasible procedure and may yield a survival benefit. ..
- Nishi K, Luo H, Nakabayashi K, Doi K, Ishikura S, Iwaihara Y, et al. An Alpha-kinase 2 Gene Variant Disrupts Filamentous Actin Localization in the Surface Cells of Colorectal Cancer Spheroids. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3855-3862 pubmed..The p.Q1853E variant of ALPK2, which had been accumulating in the Japanese population, induced a metastatic phenotype by disrupting ALPK2 function. ..
- Uritani D, Fukumoto T, Myodo T, Fujikawa K, Usui M, Tatara D. The association between toe grip strength and osteoarthritis of the knee in Japanese women: A multicenter cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186454 pubmed publisher..Increasing toe grip strength might provide a practical intervention for patients with knee osteoarthritis...
- Sato K, Masuda T, Hu Q, Tobo T, Kidogami S, Ogawa Y, et al. Phosphoserine Phosphatase Is a Novel Prognostic Biomarker on Chromosome 7 in Colorectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2365-2371 pubmed..On multivariate analysis, high PSPH expression was an independent poor prognostic factor. These results were supported by GSEA. PSPH could be a novel prognostic biomarker with malignant potential on Ch.7p in CRC. ..
- Matsue Y, Damman K, Voors A, Kagiyama N, Yamaguchi T, Kuroda S, et al. Time-to-Furosemide Treatment and Mortality in Patients Hospitalized With Acute Heart Failure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:3042-3051 pubmed publisher..Registry focused on very early presentation and treatment in emergency department of acute heart failure syndrome; UMIN000014105). ..
- Masuda J, Tanaka K, Ueda K, Omae T. Autopsy study of incidence and distribution of cerebral amyloid angiopathy in Hisayama, Japan. Stroke. 1988;19:205-10 pubmed..Thirty similar lesions were observed in eight cases without brain hemorrhage. Cerebral amyloid angiopathy may play an etiologic role in the development of brain hemorrhage through formation of angionecrosis and microaneurysm. ..
- Aman M, Ohishi Y, Imamura H, Shinozaki T, Yasutake N, Kato K, et al. Expression of protease-activated receptor-2 (PAR-2) is related to advanced clinical stage and adverse prognosis in ovarian clear cell carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;64:156-163 pubmed publisher..The expression of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine is a characteristic finding of OCCC, indicating that the injury of DNA by oxidative stress may be involved in the carcinogenesis of OCCC. ..
- Fukuyo S, Nakayamada S, Iwata S, Kubo S, Saito K, Tanaka Y. Abatacept therapy reduces CD28+CXCR5+ follicular helper-like T cells in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2017;35:562-570 pubmed..These results imply that CD4+ CD28+ Tfh-like cells could possibly be the targets of ABT. Conversely, CD4+ CD28- cells may be a potential predictor of treatment resistance. ..
- Egashira K, Inou T, Hirooka Y, Kai H, Sugimachi M, Suzuki S, et al. Effects of age on endothelium-dependent vasodilation of resistance coronary artery by acetylcholine in humans. Circulation. 1993;88:77-81 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that endothelium-dependent dilation of coronary arteries evoked by acetylcholine may be decreased with aging in humans. ..
- Mizokami A, Kawakubo Yasukochi T, Hirata M. Osteocalcin and its endocrine functions. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;132:1-8 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge regarding the endocrine functions of osteocalcin and its various modes of action. ..
- Iwashita Y, Hibi T, Ohyama T, Honda G, Yoshida M, Miura F, et al. An opportunity in difficulty: Japan-Korea-Taiwan expert Delphi consensus on surgical difficulty during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2017;24:191-198 pubmed publisher..The median point for each item was set as the difficulty score. A Delphi consensus was reached among expert LC surgeons on the impact of intraoperative findings on surgical difficulty. ..
- Hirata A, Ohnaka K, Tashiro N, Wang Z, Kohno M, Kiyohara C, et al. Effect modification of green tea on the association between rice intake and the risk of diabetes mellitus: a prospective study in Japanese men and women. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:545-555 pubmed publisher..A high intake of green tea may be protective against increased risk of diabetes with a higher intake of rice in women. ..
- Minami Y, Minami H, Miyamoto T, Yoshimoto G, Kobayashi Y, Munakata W, et al. Phase I study of glasdegib (PF-04449913), an oral smoothened inhibitor, in Japanese patients with select hematologic malignancies. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1628-1633 pubmed publisher..Glasdegib was safe and well tolerated across the dose levels tested. It is confirmed that the 100-mg dose is safe and tolerable in Japanese patients, and this dose level will be examined in the future clinical trial. ..
- Mukai N, Ohara T, Hata J, Hirakawa Y, Yoshida D, Kishimoto H, et al. Alternative Measures of Hyperglycemia and Risk of Alzheimer's Disease in the Community: The Hisayama Study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3002-3010 pubmed publisher..GA/HbA1c ratio may be a useful biomarker for predicting incident AD. ..
- Ikezaki H, Furusyo N, Jacques P, Shimizu M, Murata M, Schaefer E, et al. Higher dietary cholesterol and ?-3 fatty acid intakes are associated with a lower success rate of Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy in Japan. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:581-588 pubmed publisher..pylori eradication therapy in H. pylori-positive subjects with gastritis and/or duodenal ulcers. ..
- Hiraki Hotokebuchi Y, Yamada Y, Kohashi K, Yamamoto H, Endo M, Setsu N, et al. Alteration of PDGFR?-Akt-mTOR pathway signaling in fibrosarcomatous transformation of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. Hum Pathol. 2017;67:60-68 pubmed publisher..This study suggested the association of activation of Akt-mTOR pathway proteins and PDGFR with the progression of DFSP to FS. The Akt-mTOR pathway is thus a potential therapeutic target in imatinib-resistant DFSP/FS. ..
- Patil A, Tatsuke T, Mon H, Lee J, Morokuma D, Hino M, et al. Molecular characterization of mitochondrial Zucchini and its relation to nuage-piRNA pathway components in Bombyx mori ovary-derived BmN4 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:971-978 pubmed publisher..Our data provides vital information on mitochondrial BmZuc and its relationship to "nuage" in ovary-derived BmN4 cell. ..
- Morimoto T, Mineharu Y, Ono K, Nakatochi M, Ichihara S, Kabata R, et al. Significant association of RNF213 p.R4810K, a moyamoya susceptibility variant, with coronary artery disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175649 pubmed publisher..82; 95% confidence interval: 0.87-16.77; p = 0.076). The RNF213 p.R4810K variant appears to be significantly associated with coronary artery disease in the Japanese population. ..
- Feichtinger R, Oláhová M, Kishita Y, Garone C, Kremer L, Yagi M, et al. Biallelic C1QBP Mutations Cause Severe Neonatal-, Childhood-, or Later-Onset Cardiomyopathy Associated with Combined Respiratory-Chain Deficiencies. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;101:525-538 pubmed publisher..C1QBP deficiency represents an important mitochondrial disorder associated with a clinical spectrum ranging from infantile lactic acidosis to childhood (cardio)myopathy and late-onset progressive external ophthalmoplegia. ..
- Tsuruta M, Takahashi T, Tokunaga M, Iwasaki M, Kataoka S, Kakuta S, et al. Relationships between pathologic subjective halitosis, olfactory reference syndrome, and social anxiety in young Japanese women. BMC Psychol. 2017;5:7 pubmed publisher..Preoccupations with mouth and body odors also influenced pathologic subjective halitosis. Social anxiety may be a causal factor of pathologic subjective halitosis and olfactory reference syndrome. ..
- Kitada S, Kayama H, Okuzaki D, Koga R, Kobayashi M, Arima Y, et al. BATF2 inhibits immunopathological Th17 responses by suppressing Il23a expression during Trypanosoma cruzi infection. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1313-1331 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that IFN-?-inducible BATF2 in innate immune cells controls Th17-mediated immunopathology by suppressing IL-23 production during T. cruzi infection. ..
- Ohara T, Hata J, Yoshida D, Mukai N, Nagata M, Iwaki T, et al. Trends in dementia prevalence, incidence, and survival rate in a Japanese community. Neurology. 2017;88:1925-1932 pubmed publisher..3% to 65.2%; for AD: 50.7% to 75.1%; all p < 0.01). The increased incidence and improved survival rate of AD could have resulted in the steep increase in AD prevalence in the Japanese elderly. ..
- Fujiwara K, Ikeda Y, Murakami Y, Funatsu J, Nakatake S, Tachibana T, et al. Risk Factors for Posterior Subcapsular Cataract in Retinitis Pigmentosa. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2534-2537 pubmed publisher..Our analysis demonstrated that elevated aqueous flare is a significant risk factor for PSC formation. This result might provide insights into the association of inflammation and the pathogenesis of PSC formation in RP. ..
- Fukushima S, Endo M, Matsumoto Y, Fukushi J, Matsunobu T, Kawaguchi K, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha is a poor prognostic factor and potential therapeutic target in malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178064 pubmed publisher..Finally, chetomin, an inhibitor of HIF-1α, effectively inhibited the growth of MPNST cells and induced their apoptosis. Inhibition of HIF-1α signaling is a potential treatment option for MPNSTs. ..
- Miki K, Yoshimoto K, Nishimura A, Suzuki S, Hiwatashi A, Iihara K. A Case of Ecchordosis Physaliphora in the Prepontine Cistern: A Rare Entity in the Differential Diagnosis of an Epidermoid Cyst. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:1033.e11-1033.e14 pubmed publisher..Clinicopathologic examination revealed that the mass was an EP. EP in the prepontine cistern should be considered in the differential diagnosis of epidermoid cyst. ..
- Takamori S, Toyokawa G, Okamoto I, Takada K, Kozuma Y, Matsubara T, et al. Discrepancy in Programmed Cell Death-Ligand 1 Between Primary and Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4223-4228 pubmed..048). Radiotherapy-derived effects may contribute to the positive conversion of the primary PD-L1-negative NSCLC. ..
- Kaizu Y, Nakao S, Yoshida S, Hayami T, Arima M, Yamaguchi M, et al. Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography Reveals Spatial Bias of Macular Capillary Dropout in Diabetic Retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4889-4897 pubmed publisher..Our purpose is to evaluate the spatial bias of macular capillary dropout accompanying diabetic retinopathy (DR) using optical coherence tomography angiography (OCTA)...
- Bradley J, Blumer J, Romero J, Michaels M, Munoz F, Kimberlin D, et al. Intravenous Zanamivir in Hospitalized Patients With Influenza. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Results from a study investigating intravenous (IV) zanamivir for the treatment of hospitalized infants and children with influenza are presented...
- Hosen N, Matsunaga Y, Hasegawa K, Matsuno H, Nakamura Y, Makita M, et al. The activated conformation of integrin ?7 is a novel multiple myeloma-specific target for CAR T cell therapy. Nat Med. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Thus, MMG49 CAR T cell therapy is promising for MM, and a receptor protein with a rare but physiologically relevant conformation can serve as a cancer immunotherapy target...
- Patil A, Tatsuke T, Mon H, Lee J, Morokuma D, Hino M, et al. Characterization of Armitage and Yb containing granules and their relationship to nuage in ovary-derived cultured silkworm cell. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:134-140 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that the BmArmi and BmYb coexist with BmVasa and play an important role in perinuclear nuage granules formation in ovary-derived BmN4 cell. ..
- Akter S, Kurotani K, Sato M, Hayashi T, Kuwahara K, Matsushita Y, et al. High Serum Phospholipid Dihomo-?-Linoleic Acid Concentration and Low ?5-Desaturase Activity Are Associated with Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes among Japanese Adults in the Hitachi Health Study. J Nutr. 2017;147:1558-1566 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusions: T2D risk was associated with circulating concentrations of the n-6 PUFA dihomo-?-linoleic acid and ?5-desaturase activity but not with n-3 PUFA or SFA concentrations in Japanese adults. ..
- Yoshida Y, Naito M, Yamada T, Aisu N, Kojima D, Mera T, et al. Clinical Study on the Medical Value of Combination Therapy Involving Adoptive Immunotherapy and Chemotherapy for Stage IV Colorectal Cancer (COMVI Study). Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3941-3946 pubmed..Combination therapy involving adoptive immunotherapy and chemotherapy for stage IV colorectal cancer is feasible and safe. Phase II prospective studies are needed to confirm the safety and efficacy of such chemoimmunotherapy. ..
- Honjo H, Toh Y, Sohda M, Suzuki S, Kaira K, Kanai Y, et al. Clinical Significance and Phenotype of MTA1 Expression in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4147-4155 pubmed..013) and CD34 (p=0.034) expression, but not with Ki-67 (p=0.078). MTA1 shows promise as a diagnostic and prognostic marker in esophageal cancer, and we anticipate that the gene will also prove to be a good therapeutic target. ..
- Nonaka K, Suzuki H, Murayama H, Hasebe M, Koike T, Kobayashi E, et al. For how many days and what types of group activities should older Japanese adults be involved in to maintain health? A 4-year longitudinal study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183829 pubmed publisher..Additionally, older adults can obtain positive health outcomes through less frequent participation in alumni groups, compared with the activities of volunteer groups. ..
- Tamakoshi A, Nakamura K, Ukawa S, Okada E, Hirata M, Nagai A, et al. Characteristics and prognosis of Japanese colorectal cancer patients: The BioBank Japan Project. J Epidemiol. 2017;27:S36-S42 pubmed publisher..We described lifestyle characteristics of colorectal cancer patients in BBJ and examined the impacts on subsequent all-cause mortality. ..
- Wang H, Kohashi K, Yoshizumi T, Okumura Y, Tanaka Y, Shimokawa M, et al. Coexpression of SALL4 with HDAC1 and/or HDAC2 is associated with underexpression of PTEN and poor prognosis in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;64:69-75 pubmed publisher..Our data thus suggested that the combination of SALL4, HDAC1, and HDAC2 may provide a potential target for molecular therapy. ..
- Yamada S, Taniguchi M, Tokumoto M, Yoshitomi R, Yoshida H, Tatsumoto N, et al. Modified Creatinine Index and the Risk of Bone Fracture in Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis: The Q-Cohort Study. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:270-280 pubmed publisher..Modified creatinine index was correlated with skeletal muscle mass measured by BIA. Lower modified creatinine index was associated with increased risk for bone fracture in male and female hemodialysis patients. ..
- Yotsumoto F, Fukagawa S, Miyata K, Nam S, Katsuda T, Miyahara D, et al. HB-EGF Is a Promising Therapeutic Target for Lung Cancer with Secondary Mutation of EGFRT790M. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3825-3831 pubmed..These results suggest that HB-EGF is a rational target for the treatment of lung cancer with EGFR mutation. ..
- Keystone E, Taylor P, Tanaka Y, Gaich C, DeLozier A, Dudek A, et al. Patient-reported outcomes from a phase 3 study of baricitinib versus placebo or adalimumab in rheumatoid arthritis: secondary analyses from the RA-BEAM study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1853-1861 pubmed publisher..To assess the effect of baricitinib on patient-reported outcomes (PROs) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis and an inadequate response to methotrexate (MTX)...
- Sugiyama K, Aida T, Nomura M, Takayanagi R, Zeilhofer H, Tanaka K. Calpain-Dependent Degradation of Nucleoporins Contributes to Motor Neuron Death in a Mouse Model of Chronic Excitotoxicity. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8830-8844 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that glial glutamate transporter dysfunction is sufficient to cause motor neuronal death in vivo. ..
- Arita H, Nagata M, Yoshida R, Matsuoka Y, Hirosue A, Kawahara K, et al. FBXW7 expression affects the response to chemoradiotherapy and overall survival among patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma: A single-center retrospective study. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317731771 pubmed publisher..In addition, FBXW7 could be a potential biomarker for predicting not only the clinical response to chemoradiotherapy but also overall survival in patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma...
- Asayama Y, Okamoto D, Ushijima Y, Nishie A, Ishigami K, Takayama Y, et al. Predictors of therapeutic effect of transarterial chemoembolisation using drug-eluting beads for hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:780-785 pubmed publisher..A short-term therapeutic effect was associated with tumour size and location on a target lesion basis. ..
- Shirozu K, Takahashi K, Hayashida M, Matsushita K, Nakashima Y, Hoka S. Incidental Cerebral Acute Subdural Hematoma After Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion: A Case Report. A A Case Rep. 2017;9:94-96 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report of detected cerebral SDH immediately after spinal surgery in spite of no neurological deficits. ..
- Khalesi N, Khosravi N, Ranjbar A, Godarzi Z, Karimi A. The effectiveness of earmuffs on the physiologic and behavioral stability in preterm infants. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;98:43-47 pubmed publisher..38 ± 0.47 versus 4.8 ± 0.97, p < 0.05). The results indicated that using the earmuffs reduces the level of noise in NICUs following by improving the preterm neonates' physiological stability and behavioral states of ABSS. ..
- Noguchi E, Uruha A, Suzuki S, Hamanaka K, Ohnuki Y, Tsugawa J, et al. Skeletal Muscle Involvement in Antisynthetase Syndrome. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:992-999 pubmed publisher..However, antisynthetase syndrome is not included in the histological subsets of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies...
- Takahashi H, Tsuboi H, Asashima H, Hirota T, Kondo Y, Moriyama M, et al. cDNA microarray analysis identifies NR4A2 as a novel molecule involved in the pathogenesis of Sjögren's syndrome. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;190:96-109 pubmed publisher..NR4A2 seems to promote Th17 polarization via increased expression and intranuclear localization in CD4+ T cells of SS patients, which could play a critical role in the pathogenesis of SS. ..
- Yamashita N, Tokunaga E, Yamamoto H, Shimizu C, Taketani K, Inoue Y, et al. The Local Recurrence of Breast Cancer with Squamous Metaplasia and Obvious Histological Heterogeneity. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5249-5254 pubmed..Intratumoral and intertumoral heterogeneity within primary tumors and associated metastatic sites may contribute to treatment failure and drug resistance. ..
- Takagi S, Naito M, Kawai S, Okada R, Nagata C, Hosono S, et al. Macronutrient intakes and serum oestrogen, and interaction with polymorphisms in CYP19A1 and HSD17B1 genes: a cross-sectional study in postmenopausal Japanese women. Br J Nutr. 2017;118:463-472 pubmed publisher..Macronutrient intakes were associated with serum E2 level, and these associations may be modified by HSD17B1 polymorphism in postmenopausal women...
- Shoji F, Yamashita N, Inoue Y, Kozuma Y, Toyokawa G, Hirai F, et al. Surgical Resection and Outcome of Synchronous and Metachronous Primary Lung Cancer in Breast Cancer Patients. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5871-5876 pubmed..In metachronous cases, lung cancers tended to be detected within 3 years after surgery for breast cancer. Careful follow-up for postoperative breast cancer may contribute to the detection of early-stage lung cancer. ..
- Yamazaki N, Takenouchi T, Fujimoto M, Ihn H, Uchi H, Inozume T, et al. Phase 1b study of pembrolizumab (MK-3475; anti-PD-1 monoclonal antibody) in Japanese patients with advanced melanoma (KEYNOTE-041). Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;79:651-660 pubmed publisher..The safety profile of pembrolizumab in Japanese patients was similar to that reported in the previous clinical studies. Pembrolizumab provided promising anti-tumor activity in Japanese patients with advanced melanoma. ..
- Miyata T, Oyama T, Yoshimatsu T, Higa H, Kawano D, Sekimura A, et al. The Clinical Significance of Cancer Stem Cell Markers ALDH1A1 and CD133 in Lung Adenocarcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2541-2547 pubmed..1, p=0.0004) and a longer DFI (HR=9.5, p=0.0007). We propose that as a functional marker, ALDH1A1 positivity may influence the viability of CSCs. The findings suggest that it is important to evaluate the expression of both markers. ..
- Nagata T, Abe T, Takamori A, Kimura Y, Hagihara A. Factors associated with the occurrence of injuries requiring hospital transfer among older and working-age pedestrians in Kurume, Japan. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:537 pubmed publisher..To reduce severe pedestrian injuries among older people, improvement of road infrastructure in areas with wider roads, higher socioeconomic status and higher aging rates is required. ..
- Harada N, Yoshizumi T, Yamashita Y, Soejima Y, Ikegami T, Harimoto N, et al. Impact and Prediction of Lymph Node Involvement in Patients with Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma After Curative Resection. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3763-3769 pubmed..Patients with ICC with multiple tumors, perihilar tumors and serum CEA concentration >2.2 ng/ml in association with lymph node involvement may need additional preoperative chemotherapy. ..
- Sakata Y, Nagao K, Hoki Y, Sasaki H, Obuse C, Sado T. Defects in dosage compensation impact global gene regulation in the mouse trophoblast. Development. 2017;144:2784-2797 pubmed publisher..It is likely that dosage compensation is required not only for equalizing X-linked gene expression between the sexes but also for proper global gene regulation in differentiated female somatic cells. ..
- Maenohara S, Unoki M, Toh H, Ohishi H, Sharif J, Koseki H, et al. Role of UHRF1 in de novo DNA methylation in oocytes and maintenance methylation in preimplantation embryos. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007042 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals multiple functions of UHRF1 during the global epigenetic reprogramming of oocytes and early embryos...
- Sasaki H, Tamura K, Naito Y, Ogata K, Mogi A, Tanaka T, et al. Patient perceptions of symptoms and concerns during cancer chemotherapy: 'affects my family' is the most important. Int J Clin Oncol. 2017;22:793-800 pubmed publisher..In our patient cohort 'affects my family or partner' was the most important concern. One important point to note is that female patients often complained of poor taste because this meant they were unable to cook well. ..
- Hagihara A, Onozuka D, Ono J, Nagata T, Hasegawa M. Age × Gender Interaction Effect on Resuscitation Outcomes in Patients With Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:387-392 pubmed publisher..05 to 1.47) and of noncardiac origin (OR 0.40, 95% CI 0.17 to 0.92). In conclusion, the interaction effect between age and gender on ROSC was positive in OHCA cases of presumed cardiac origin and negative in those of noncardiac origin. ..
- Ozono K, Ohishi Y, Onishi H, Nakamura K, Motoshita J, Kato M, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor/tropomyosin-related kinase B signaling pathway contributes to the aggressive behavior of lung squamous cell carcinoma. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1332-1342 pubmed publisher..Thus, TrkB-high expression is an indicator of poor prognosis in lung SCC, probably due to invasion/proliferation activities promoted by the BDNF/TrkB signaling pathway, which could become a therapeutic target for lung SCC. ..
- Marchevsky A, LeStang N, Hiroshima K, Pelosi G, Attanoos R, Churg A, et al. The differential diagnosis between pleural sarcomatoid mesothelioma and spindle cell/pleomorphic (sarcomatoid) carcinomas of the lung: evidence-based guidelines from the International Mesothelioma Panel and the MESOPATH National Reference Center. Hum Pathol. 2017;67:160-168 pubmed publisher
- Kada A, Nishimura K, Nakagawara J, Ogasawara K, Ono J, Shiokawa Y, et al. Development and validation of a score for evaluating comprehensive stroke care capabilities: J-ASPECT Study. BMC Neurol. 2017;17:46 pubmed publisher..The CSC score is a valid measure for assessing CSC capabilities, based on the availability of neurovascular surgery and intervention, vascular neurology, diagnostic neuroradiology, and critical care and rehabilitation services. ..
- Yoshimoto K, Hatae R, Sangatsuda Y, Suzuki S, Hata N, Akagi Y, et al. Prevalence and clinicopathological features of H3.3 G34-mutant high-grade gliomas: a retrospective study of 411 consecutive glioma cases in a single institution. Brain Tumor Pathol. 2017;34:103-112 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that G34R-mutant tumors are likely to show extensive infiltration and alterations in global histone trimethylation might also play an important role in G34R mutant tumors. ..
- Zhang S, Chen Q, Liu Q, Li Y, Sun X, Hong L, et al. Hippo Signaling Suppresses Cell Ploidy and Tumorigenesis through Skp2. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:669-684.e7 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that Hippo-Yap signaling suppresses cell polyploidy and oncogenesis through Skp2. ..
- Tagawa T, Ito K, Fukuzawa K, Okamoto T, Fujinaga A, Kawasaki T, et al. Surgical Outcomes of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer in Patients with a History of Pancreaticobiliary Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3307-3309 pubmed..Two patients had recurrence after lung surgery, with a mean recurrence-free interval of 6.5 months. Surgery should be considered for lung cancer in patients who have undergone curative surgery for pancreaticobiliary cancer. ..
- Miyata K, Yotsumoto F, Fukagawa S, Kiyoshima C, Ouk N, Urushiyama D, et al. Serum Heparin-binding Epidermal Growth Factor-like Growth Factor (HB-EGF) as a Biomarker for Primary Ovarian Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3955-3960 pubmed..In addition, serum HB-EGF levels increased as the cancer advanced. These data suggest that serum HB-EGF may be a target for the design of novel therapies for ovarian cancer. ..
- Kobayashi H, Hamasaki M, Morishita T, Inoue T, Nabeshima K. Analysis of Evolving Clinicopathological Features of Metastatic Brain Tumors Over 30 Years of Surgical Management. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3969-3974 pubmed..Incorporation of these tools in a multimodal approach is critical in contemporary management of metastatic brain tumors. ..
- Hamada N, Yanagihara T, Suzuki K, Ogata Suetsugu S, Harada E, Mikumo H, et al. Treatment with a programmed cell death-1-specific antibody has little effect on afatinib- and naphthalene-induced acute pneumonitis in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:656-661 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that anti-PD-1 antibody treatment has little effect on afatinib-induced lung injury. ..
- Lin K, Bao L, Wang J, Fujita K, Makimoto K, Liao X. Validation of the Chinese (Mandarin) Version of the Oxford Knee Score in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017;475:2992-3004 pubmed publisher..Based on these results we believe the OKS-CV can be used as a valuable tool for the assessment of patient-reported outcomes in Chinese patients with knee osteoarthritis before and after TKA. ..
- Xing Y, Morohashi K, Ingraham H, Hammer G. Timing of adrenal regression controlled by synergistic interaction between Sf1 SUMOylation and Dax1. Development. 2017;144:3798-3807 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies define a crucial repressor function of Sf1 SUMOylation and Dax1 in the physiological cessation of FAdE-mediated Sf1 expression and the resultant regression of the postnatal fetal cortex (X-zone). ..
- Saeki H, Tsutsumi S, Tajiri H, Yukaya T, Tsutsumi R, Nishimura S, et al. Prognostic Significance of Postoperative Complications After Curative Resection for Patients With Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Ann Surg. 2017;265:527-533 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to elucidate the impact of postoperative complications on long-term survival after curative resection for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma...
- Kawamura Y, Sayama T, Maehara N, Nishimura A, Iihara K. Ruptured Aneurysm of an Aberrant Internal Carotid Artery Successfully Treated with Simultaneous Intervention and Surgery in a Hybrid Operating Room. World Neurosurg. 2017;102:695.e1-695.e5 pubmed publisher..This is the first case report of an aICA complicated by pseudoaneurysm formation successfully treated with simultaneous endovascular trapping and high-flow bypass in a hybrid operating room. ..
- Kinoshita Y, Ohkusa T, Izukura R, Chishaki A, Mibu R. Effects of chemotherapy on the health-related quality of life of Japanese lower rectal cancer patients after sphincter-saving surgery. J Psychosoc Oncol. 2017;35:468-482 pubmed publisher..Healthcare providers should be alert for adverse events in patients with lower-rectal cancer and promptly address such conditions. ..