Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on eye proteins in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Topic: eye proteins
- Naruse Y, Oh hashi K, Iijima N, Naruse M, Yoshioka H, Tanaka M. Circadian and light-induced transcription of clock gene Per1 depends on histone acetylation and deacetylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6278-87 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that the rhythmic transcription and light induction of clock genes are regulated by histone acetylation and deacetylation. ..
- Miyake M, Yamashiro K, Nakanishi H, Nakata I, Akagi Kurashige Y, Tsujikawa A, et al. Association of paired box 6 with high myopia in Japanese. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2726-35 pubmed..The current study showed a significant association of PAX6 with high and extreme myopia in Japanese participants. The A allele of rs644242 is a protective allele. ..
- Tagawa Y, Sawai H, Ueda Y, Tauchi M, Nakanishi S. Immunohistological studies of metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 6-deficient mice show no abnormality of retinal cell organization and ganglion cell maturation. J Neurosci. 1999;19:2568-79 pubmed..Based on these findings, we discuss several possible mechanisms that may underlie ON-OFF segregation of RGCs. ..
- Sakai K, Imamoto Y, Su C, Tsukamoto H, Yamashita T, Terakita A, et al. Photochemical nature of parietopsin. Biochemistry. 2012;51:1933-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, parietopsin behaves as an "evolutionary intermediate" between invertebrate and vertebrate visual opsins. ..
- Tashiro Y, Urushitani M, Inoue H, Koike M, Uchiyama Y, Komatsu M, et al. Motor neuron-specific disruption of proteasomes, but not autophagy, replicates amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42984-94 pubmed publisher..Enhancement of proteasome activity may be a promising strategy for the treatment of ALS. ..
- Miyake M, Yamashiro K, Nakanishi H, Nakata I, Akagi Kurashige Y, Kumagai K, et al. Evaluation of pigment epithelium-derived factor and complement factor I polymorphisms as a cause of choroidal neovascularization in highly myopic eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:4208-12 pubmed publisher..A case-control study in a relatively large cohort of highly myopic patients was conducted to explore the genetic background of the occurrence of choroidal neovascularization (CNV) secondary to high myopia...
- Ishikawa T, Matsumoto A, Kato T, Togashi S, Ryo H, Ikenaga M, et al. DCRY is a Drosophila photoreceptor protein implicated in light entrainment of circadian rhythm. Genes Cells. 1999;4:57-65 pubmed..These results suggest that DCRY is a circadian photoreceptor and that its expression is regulated by circadian clock genes. ..
- Hamasaki A, Yamada Y, Kurose T, Ban N, Nagashima K, Takahashi A, et al. Adult pancreatic islets require differential pax6 gene dosage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:40-6 pubmed..These findings indicate differential requirements for pax6 gene dosage in displaying function and maintaining architecture of adult pancreatic islets. ..
- Ouchi M, West K, Crabb J, Kinoshita S, Kamei M. Proteomic analysis of vitreous from diabetic macular edema. Exp Eye Res. 2005;81:176-82 pubmed..On the other hand, Apo H was expressed only in non-DME. Certain vitreous proteins expressed exclusively in DME and lacked in DME. These chemical mediators in the posterior vitreous may play a role in the pathogenesis of DME. ..
- Miyawaki T, Uemura A, Dezawa M, Yu R, Ide C, Nishikawa S, et al. Tlx, an orphan nuclear receptor, regulates cell numbers and astrocyte development in the developing retina. J Neurosci. 2004;24:8124-34 pubmed
- Hirose F, Kiryu J, Miyamoto K, Nishijima K, Miyahara S, Katsuta H, et al. In vivo evaluation of retinal injury after transient ischemia in hypertensive rats. Hypertension. 2004;43:1098-102 pubmed..01) and a significant amelioration of the damage by treatment with superoxide dismutase in SHR (P<0.05). Oxidative stress may thus be an important mechanism for the deterioration seen in ischemia/reperfusion injury in the SHR retina. ..
- Ogura K, Yamamoto M. A mariner-like element with a 5' lesion in Drosophila simulans. Genetica. 2003;119:229-35 pubmed..The rate of somatic reversion, estimated by the number of eye-color mosaic flies, was 79.9%, and the reversion frequency in the germline was 0.6%. The change to the 5' ITR contributes to make this transposon precise excision...
- Hirayama J, Nakamura H, Ishikawa T, Kobayashi Y, Todo T. Functional and structural analyses of cryptochrome. Vertebrate CRY regions responsible for interaction with the CLOCK:BMAL1 heterodimer and its nuclear localization. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:35620-8 pubmed..These findings show that both nuclear localization and interaction with the CLOCK:BMAL heterodimer are essential for transcriptional repression by CRY. ..
- Kato Y, Kato M, Tachibana M, Shinkai Y, Yamaguchi M. Characterization of Drosophila G9a in vivo and identification of genetic interactants. Genes Cells. 2008;13:703-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore co-expression of Lid in eye imaginal discs enhanced the rough phenotype induced by dG9a. The results suggest that the function of dG9a is negatively regulated by the PcG complex and positively regulated by Lid in vivo. ..
- Ohuchi H, Tomonari S, Itoh H, Mikawa T, Noji S. Identification of chick rax/rx genes with overlapping patterns of expression during early eye and brain development. Mech Dev. 1999;85:193-5 pubmed..cRax mRNA can be detected earlier than cRaxL prior to the formation of the notochord and its expression domain appears broader than that of cRaxL. ..
- Takaoka M, Nakamura T, Ban Y, Kinoshita S. Phenotypic investigation of cell junction-related proteins in gelatinous drop-like corneal dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1095-101 pubmed
- Akizuki M, Yamashita H, Uemura K, Maruyama H, Kawakami H, Ito H, et al. Optineurin suppression causes neuronal cell death via NF-?B pathway. J Neurochem. 2013;126:699-704 pubmed publisher..We found that OPTN knockdown induced neuronal cell death via NF-?B activation. Furthermore, proapoptotic molecules such as p53 and Bax representing downstream targets of NF-?B are suggested to be involved in neuronal death. ..
- Hirashima T, Miyata M, Ishihara K, Hasegawa T, Sugahara M, Ogino K, et al. Choroidal Vasculature in Bietti Crystalline Dystrophy With CYP4V2 Mutations and in Retinitis Pigmentosa With EYS Mutations. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3871-3878 pubmed publisher..The outer choroidal vascular narrowing might progress with the inner choroidal thinning in BCD, and the inner choroidal vasculature might be extinguished in advanced-stage BCD. Our findings may help to clarify the etiology of BCD. ..