Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on esophagus in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
- Aikou S, Aida J, Takubo K, Yamagata Y, Seto Y, Kaminishi M, et al. Columnar metaplasia in a surgical mouse model of gastro-esophageal reflux disease is not derived from bone marrow-derived cell. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:1154-61 pubmed publisher..However, bone marrow-derived cells do not contribute directly to columnar metaplasia in this mouse model. ..
- Kanamori Y, Hashizume K, Sugiyama M, Mortomi M, Yuki N, Tanaka R. A novel synbiotic therapy dramatically improved the intestinal function of a pediatric patient with laryngotracheo-esophageal cleft (LTEC) in the intensive care unit. Clin Nutr. 2002;21:527-30 pubmed..Our new synbiotic therapy had a beneficial effect to improve intestinal function. We recommend synbiotic therapy for critically ill patients in intensive care units as an important immunonutritional therapy. ..
- Uemura N, Nakanishi Y, Kato H, Nagino M, Hirohashi S, Kondo T. Antibody-based proteomics for esophageal cancer: Identification of proteins in the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway and mitotic checkpoint. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1612-22 pubmed publisher..The association of these proteins with esophageal cancer may indicate that mitotic checkpoint gene products and NF-kappaB play an important part in the carcinogenesis of esophageal cancer. ..
- Iwakiri K, Hayashi Y, Kotoyori M, Sugiura T, Kawakami A, Sakamoto C. The minimum pressure of the lower esophageal sphincter, determined by the rapid pull-through method, is an index of severe reflux esophagitis. J Gastroenterol. 2004;39:616-20 pubmed..3% and the specificity for severe RE was 93.3%. This finding would suggest that the minimum LES pressure determined by the RPT method is an index of severe RE. ..
- Kashiwagi H, Omura N. Surgical treatment for achalasia: when should it be performed, and for which patients?. Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011;59:389-98 pubmed publisher..This procedure is therefore considered to be an effective and safe treatment for patients of any age or with any condition. ..
- Ohki T, Yamato M, Murakami D, Takagi R, Yang J, Namiki H, et al. Treatment of oesophageal ulcerations using endoscopic transplantation of tissue-engineered autologous oral mucosal epithelial cell sheets in a canine model. Gut. 2006;55:1704-10 pubmed
- Ishikawa M, Kitayama J, Kazama S, Nagawa H. The expression pattern of vascular endothelial growth factor C and D in human esophageal normal mucosa, dysplasia and neoplasia. Hepatogastroenterology. 2004;51:1319-22 pubmed..This finding raises the possibility that VEGF-C and -D might play positive roles in the early stage of esophageal carcinogenesis. ..
- Kawano T, Nishikage T, Kawada K, Nakajima Y, Kojima K, Nagai K. Subcutaneous reconstruction using ileocolon with preserved ileocolic vessels following esophagectomy or in esophageal bypass operation. Dig Surg. 2009;26:200-4 pubmed publisher..The procedures shown here are not new; however, the concept of using the all-main-vessel-preserving ileocolon as an esophageal substitute for every patient requiring esophageal reconstruction is new. ..
- Aida J, Vieth M, Ell C, May A, Pech O, Hoshihara Y, et al. Palisade vessels as a new histologic marker of esophageal origin in ER specimens from columnar-lined esophagus. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011;35:1140-5 pubmed publisher..At least 1 of these 4 markers was seen in 88% of the sections. Therefore, ER specimens were confirmed to originate from CLE in 88% of single histologic sections of CLE on the basis of histologic examination alone. ..
- Nunobe S, Hiki N, Tanimura S, Kubota T, Kumagai K, Sano T, et al. Three-step esophagojejunal anastomosis with atraumatic anvil insertion technique after laparoscopic total gastrectomy. J Gastrointest Surg. 2011;15:1520-5 pubmed publisher..Based upon our experience with esophagogastrostomy during laparoscopic proximal gastrectomy, we have applied a modified lift-up method to LATG...
- Tsuchiya Y, Onda M, Miyashita M, Hagiwara N, Maruyama H, Matsutani T, et al. Combined modality therapy for basaloid squamous carcinoma of the esophagus. Hepatogastroenterology. 1999;46:2868-71 pubmed..Chemotherapy and radiotherapy resulted in the disappearance of the metastasis. The patient has survived for more than 3 years since surgery with a good quality of life...
- Kawakubo H, Ozawa S, Ando N, Kitagawa Y, Mukai M, Ueda M, et al. Alterations of p53, cyclin D1 and pRB expression in the carcinogenesis of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2005;14:1453-9 pubmed..Dysplasia observed at screening for secondary lesions has a highly malignant potential and careful follow-up studies are required. ..
- Tanaka K, Kurobe M, Kanai M, Yoshizawa J, Yamazaki Y. Esophageal replacement using a reversed gastric tube for lye stricture in a child: report of a case. Surg Today. 2004;34:868-70 pubmed..Therefore, we performed esophageal replacement using a reversed gastric tube, which successfully relieved the obstruction, although she still had slight gastroesophageal reflux 6 months postoperatively...
- Kitayama J, Kaisaki S, Ishigami H, Hidemura A, Nagawa H. Angleplasty in gastric tube reconstruction after esophagectomy. Dis Esophagus. 2009;22:418-21 pubmed publisher..This technique takes only several minutes, but provides highly favorable conditions for esophagogastric anastomosis and thus is clinically useful to reduce the risk of anastomotic leakage after esophagectomy...
- Kinoshita Y, Udagawa H, Tsutsumi K, Ueno M, Mine S, Ehara K. Surgical repair of refractory strictures of esophagogastric anastomoses caused by leakage following esophagectomy. Dis Esophagus. 2009;22:427-33 pubmed publisher..This procedure is strongly recommended as an alternative option so that a second reconstruction can be performed both safely and steadily...
- Nagasao T, Shimizu Y, Kasai S, Hatano A, Ding W, Jiang H, et al. Extension of the jejunum in the reconstruction of cervical oesophagus with free jejunum transfer using the thoracoacrominal vessels as recipients. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2012;65:156-62 pubmed publisher..The present study aims to elucidate this issue...
- Aida J, Yokoyama A, Izumiyama N, Nakamura K, Ishikawa N, Poon S, et al. Alcoholics show reduced telomere length in the oesophagus. J Pathol. 2011;223:410-6 pubmed publisher..Further studies to clarify the reason for the large annual loss of telomere length with rapid turnover or lower telomerase activity in the oesophageal epithelium of alcoholics will be necessary...
- Aida J, Yokoyama A, Shimomura N, Nakamura K, Ishikawa N, Terai M, et al. Telomere shortening in the esophagus of Japanese alcoholics: relationships with chromoendoscopic findings, ALDH2 and ADH1B genotypes and smoking history. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63860 pubmed publisher..Telomere shortening may not generate cancer directly, but may create conditions under which SCC can develop more easily, depending on subsequent exposure to carcinogens...
- Saeki N, Usui T, Aoyagi K, Kim D, Sato M, Mabuchi T, et al. Distinctive expression and function of four GSDM family genes (GSDMA-D) in normal and malignant upper gastrointestinal epithelium. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2009;48:261-71 pubmed publisher..The results of the expression analysis and colony formation assay suggest that each family gene may have a distinct function in the upper gastrointestinal epithelium. ..
- Fujishiro M, Yahagi N, Kakushima N, Kodashima S, Muraki Y, Ono S, et al. Endoscopic submucosal dissection of esophageal squamous cell neoplasms. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;4:688-94 pubmed..Application of the technique is desirable for esophageal squamous cell neoplasms (SCNs), but there have been no reports on the use of this procedure in the esophagus...
- Ohki T, Yamato M, Ota M, Takagi R, Murakami D, Kondo M, et al. Prevention of esophageal stricture after endoscopic submucosal dissection using tissue-engineered cell sheets. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:582-588.e2 pubmed publisher..This procedure might be used to prevent stricture formation following ESD and improve patients' quality of life. Further study will be needed to show that stricture formation can be prevented. ..
- Goda K, Dobashi A, Yoshimura N, Aihara H, Kato M, Sumiyama K, et al. Dual-focus versus conventional magnification endoscopy for the diagnosis of superficial squamous neoplasms in the pharynx and esophagus: a randomized trial. Endoscopy. 2016;48:321-9 pubmed publisher..DF-NBI appears to have a resolving power that, although significantly lower, is sufficient to achieve high diagnostic accuracy, comparable to that of CM-NBI.University Hospital Medical Information Network (UMIN, No.â€Š000007585). ..