Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on escherichia coli in Kumamoto, Japan
Locale: Kumamoto, Japan
Topic: escherichia coli
- Hiraga S. Dynamic localization of bacterial and plasmid chromosomes. Annu Rev Genet. 2000;34:21-59 pubmed..The MukFEB complex of E. coli and Smc of B. subtilis appear to participate in the reorganization of bacterial sister chromosomes. ..
- Ohsumi K, Yamazoe M, Hiraga S. Different localization of SeqA-bound nascent DNA clusters and MukF-MukE-MukB complex in Escherichia coli cells. Mol Microbiol. 2001;40:835-45 pubmed..We discuss the reorganization and proper arrangement of folded sister chromosome in the cell quarter positions, which are performed after release from the long-time cohesion of sister chromosomes. ..
- Onogi T, Yamazoe M, Ichinose C, Niki H, Hiraga S. Null mutation of the dam or seqA gene suppresses temperature-sensitive lethality but not hypersensitivity to novobiocin of muk null mutants. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:5898-901 pubmed..Null mutation of either dam or seqA suppressed partially the temperature-sensitive lethality but failed to suppress the anucleate cell production and the hypersensitivity to novobiocin caused by muk null mutations. ..
- Yamada Inagawa T, Okuno T, Karata K, Yamanaka K, Ogura T. Conserved pore residues in the AAA protease FtsH are important for proteolysis and its coupling to ATP hydrolysis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50182-7 pubmed..These results suggest that Phe228 and Gly230 in the predicted pore region of the FtsH hexamer have important roles in proteolysis and its coupling to ATP hydrolysis. ..
- Nakamura T, Doi T, Sekiguchi M, Yamagata Y. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of Escherichia coli MutT in binary and ternary complex forms. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:1641-3 pubmed..1 A(3) Da(-1). Crystals of the ternary complex were prepared by soaking crystals of the binary complex in 1 mM MnCl(2) solution. They diffracted to 1.96 and 2.56 A resolution, respectively. ..
- Hiraga S, Ichinose C, Onogi T, Niki H, Yamazoe M. Bidirectional migration of SeqA-bound hemimethylated DNA clusters and pairing of oriC copies in Escherichia coli. Genes Cells. 2000;5:327-41 pubmed..A single cluster of SeqA-bound hemimethylated DNA segment separates into two clusters and these clusters migrate abruptly in a bipolar fashion during progress of replication and prior to separation of linked sister oriC copies. ..
- Okuno T, Yamanaka K, Ogura T. Flavodoxin, a new fluorescent substrate for monitoring proteolytic activity of FtsH lacking a robust unfolding activity. J Struct Biol. 2006;156:115-9 pubmed..This newly developed monitoring system will also be applicable for proteolysis by other ATP-dependent proteases. ..
- Yamazoe M, Onogi T, Sunako Y, Niki H, Yamanaka K, Ichimura T, et al. Complex formation of MukB, MukE and MukF proteins involved in chromosome partitioning in Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 1999;18:5873-84 pubmed..This suggests that Ca(2+) or Mg(2+) may be required for the formation of a complex consisting of the three Muk proteins, and thus may participate in a particular step during chromosome partitioning. ..
- Nakamura T, Meshitsuka S, Kitagawa S, Abe N, Yamada J, Ishino T, et al. Structural and dynamic features of the MutT protein in the recognition of nucleotides with the mutagenic 8-oxoguanine base. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:444-52 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that MutT specifically recognizes 8-oxoguanine nucleotides by the ligand-induced conformational change. ..
- Nishiura H, Chen J, Ota Y, Semba U, Higuchi H, Nakashima T, et al. Base of molecular mimicry between human ribosomal protein S19 dimer and human C5a anaphylatoxin. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:1541-7 pubmed publisher..We assume that the crosslinkage between Lys122 of one hRP S19 molecule and Gln137 of the other one would assemble the hC5a-like structure probably providing one of two receptor binding regions by each hRP S19 subunit. ..
- Karata K, Inagawa T, Wilkinson A, Tatsuta T, Ogura T. Dissecting the role of a conserved motif (the second region of homology) in the AAA family of ATPases. Site-directed mutagenesis of the ATP-dependent protease FtsH. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26225-32 pubmed
- Esaki K, Terashima Y, Toda E, Yoshinaga S, Araki N, Matsushima K, et al. Expression and purification of human FROUNT, a common cytosolic regulator of CCR2 and CCR5. Protein Expr Purif. 2011;77:86-91 pubmed publisher..It should be a powerful tool for further biochemical and structural studies to elucidate GPCR regulation and chemokine signaling, and also will contribute to drug development. ..
- Tatsuta T, Tomoyasu T, Bukau B, Kitagawa M, Mori H, Karata K, et al. Heat shock regulation in the ftsH null mutant of Escherichia coli: dissection of stability and activity control mechanisms of sigma32 in vivo. Mol Microbiol. 1998;30:583-93 pubmed..In addition, CbpA, an analogue of DnaJ, was demonstrated to have overlapping functions with DnaJ in both the activity and the stability control of sigma32. ..
- Niki H, Hiraga S. Subcellular distribution of actively partitioning F plasmid during the cell division cycle in E. coli. Cell. 1997;90:951-7 pubmed..The sopABC system caused replicated plasmid molecules to be positioned and tethered at the cell quarter sites. ..
- Imamura R, Yamanaka K, Ogura T, Hiraga S, Fujita N, Ishihama A, et al. Identification of the cpdA gene encoding cyclic 3',5'-adenosine monophosphate phosphodiesterase in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:25423-9 pubmed..Our results suggested that regulation of intracellular concentration of cAMP is dependent not only on synthesis of cAMP but also on hydrolysis of cAMP by cAMP phosphodiesterase...