Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on enzyme activation in Okayama, Japan
Locale: Okayama, Japan
Topic: enzyme activation
- Matoba R, Morizane Y, Shiode Y, Hirano M, Doi S, Toshima S, et al. Suppressive effect of AMP-activated protein kinase on the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in retinal pigment epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181481 pubmed publisher..AMPK is a potential target molecule for the prevention and treatment of PVR, so AICAR may be a promising candidate for PVR therapy. ..
- Fujiwara Y, Kawaguchi Y, Fujimoto T, Kanayama N, Magari M, Tokumitsu H. Differential AMP-activated Protein Kinase (AMPK) Recognition Mechanism of Ca2+/Calmodulin-dependent Protein Kinase Kinase Isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:13802-8 pubmed publisher..Site-directed mutagenesis analysis revealed that Leu(358) in CaMKK?/Ile(322) in CaMKK? confer, at least in part, a distinct recognition of AMPK but not of CaMKI?. ..
- Taniguchi M, Fukunaka A, Hagihara M, Watanabe K, Kamino S, Kambe T, et al. Essential role of the zinc transporter ZIP9/SLC39A9 in regulating the activations of Akt and Erk in B-cell receptor signaling pathway in DT40 cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58022 pubmed publisher..Our observations provide new mechanistic insights into the BCR signaling pathway underlying the regulation of intracellular zinc level by ZIP9 in response to the BCR activation...
- Kawabata T, Nishida K, Takasugi K, Ogawa H, Sada K, Kadota Y, et al. Increased activity and expression of histone deacetylase 1 in relation to tumor necrosis factor-alpha in synovial tissue of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12:R133 pubmed publisher..These data might provide important clues for the development of specific small molecule HDAC inhibitors. ..
- Kubota S, Kawaki H, Kondo S, Yosimichi G, Minato M, Nishida T, et al. Multiple activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases by purified independent CCN2 modules in vascular endothelial cells and chondrocytes in culture. Biochimie. 2006;88:1973-81 pubmed
- Yamashita H, Itsuki A, Kimoto M, Hiemori M, Tsuji H. Acetate generation in rat liver mitochondria; acetyl-CoA hydrolase activity is demonstrated by 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:17-23 pubmed..These findings suggested that acetate generation in liver mitochondria is a side reaction of this known enzyme, 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase, and this enzyme may regulate its activities depending on each substrate level. ..
- Takaki M, Ujike H, Kodama M, Takehisa Y, Nakata K, Kuroda S. Two kinds of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatases, MKP-1 and MKP-3, are differentially activated by acute and chronic methamphetamine treatment in the rat brain. J Neurochem. 2001;79:679-88 pubmed
- Ban H, Shigemitsu K, Yamatsuji T, Haisa M, Nakajo T, Takaoka M, et al. Arginine and Leucine regulate p70 S6 kinase and 4E-BP1 in intestinal epithelial cells. Int J Mol Med. 2004;13:537-43 pubmed..In conclusion, l-Arginine regulates p70 S6 kinase activity and phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 through mTOR signaling pathway, which involves system y(+), cationic amino acid transporters. ..
- Kawasaki K, Watanabe M, Sakaguchi M, Ogasawara Y, Ochiai K, Nasu Y, et al. REIC/Dkk-3 overexpression downregulates P-glycoprotein in multidrug-resistant MCF7/ADR cells and induces apoptosis in breast cancer. Cancer Gene Ther. 2009;16:65-72 pubmed publisher..We suggest that REIC/Dkk-3 is a novel target for breast cancer treatment and that Ad-REIC might be an attractive agent against drug-resistant cancer in combination with conventional antineoplastic agents. ..
- Morishita N, Tsukahara H, Chayama K, Ishida T, Washio K, Miyamura T, et al. Activation of Akt is associated with poor prognosis and chemotherapeutic resistance in pediatric B-precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012;59:83-9 pubmed publisher..These results support the contention that Akt activation is a mechanism of chemotherapeutic resistance in B-pre ALL and suggest that Akt can be a therapeutic target for the treatment of relapsed or refractory pediatric B-pre ALL. ..
- Sakaguchi M, Sonegawa H, Murata H, Kitazoe M, Futami J, Kataoka K, et al. S100A11, an dual mediator for growth regulation of human keratinocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:78-85 pubmed..These findings indicate that S100A11 plays a dual role in growth regulation of epithelial cells. ..
- Futami J, Maeda T, Kitazoe M, Nukui E, Tada H, Seno M, et al. Preparation of potent cytotoxic ribonucleases by cationization: enhanced cellular uptake and decreased interaction with ribonuclease inhibitor by chemical modification of carboxyl groups. Biochemistry. 2001;40:7518-24 pubmed
- Katsuda K, Kataoka M, Uno F, Murakami T, Kondo T, Roth J, et al. Activation of caspase-3 and cleavage of Rb are associated with p16-mediated apoptosis in human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Oncogene. 2002;21:2108-13 pubmed..Our results support the clinical relevance of Adv/p16 as a treatment for p16-null human NSCLC that express wild-type p53. ..
- Yamamoto K, Murata H, Putranto E, Kataoka K, Motoyama A, Hibino T, et al. DOCK7 is a critical regulator of the RAGE-Cdc42 signaling axis that induces formation of dendritic pseudopodia in human cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:1073-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DOCK7 functions as an essential and downstream regulator of RAGE-mediated cellular migration through the formation of dendritic pseudopodia...
- Asada N, Yokoyama G, Kawamoto N, Norioka S, Hatta T. Prophenol oxidase A3 in Drosophila melanogaster: activation and the PCR-based cDNA sequence. Biochem Genet. 2003;41:151-63 pubmed..The availability of prophenol oxidase cDNA should be useful in revealing the biochemical differences between A1 and A3 isoforms in Drosophila melanogaster that are refractory or unable to activate prophenol oxidase. ..
- Yamanaka Y, Tanaka H, Koike M, Nishimura R, Seino Y. PTHrP rescues ATDC5 cells from apoptosis induced by FGF receptor 3 mutation. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:1395-403 pubmed..Rescue of these cells by PTHrP replacement implies a potential therapy for this disorder. ..
- Fujimura A, Michiue H, Nishiki T, Ohmori I, Wei F, Matsui H, et al. Expression of a constitutively active calcineurin encoded by an intron-retaining mRNA in follicular keratinocytes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17685 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that the calcineurin/NFAT pathway has a unique regulatory role in hair follicle development. ..
- Kawata K, Kubota S, Eguchi T, Moritani N, Shimo T, Kondo S, et al. Role of the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-1 in regulation of chondrocyte differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2010;222:138-48 pubmed publisher..Our findings also indicate that the onset of hypertrophy during endochondral ossification appears to be particularly dependent on the WNT and PKC signaling initiated by LRP1. ..
- Mori K, Bando R, Hieda N, Toraya T. Identification of a reactivating factor for adenosylcobalamin-dependent ethanolamine ammonia lyase. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:6845-54 pubmed..Thus, it was concluded that EutA is the only component of the reactivating factor for ethanolamine ammonia lyase and that reactivation and activation occur through the exchange of modified coenzyme for free intact adenosylcobalamin. ..
- Tanaka K, Ogawa N. Dopamine agonist cabergoline inhibits levodopa-induced caspase activation in 6-OHDA-lesioned mice. Neurosci Res. 2005;51:9-13 pubmed..These results indicate that such prevention is attributable mainly to the increase in GSH content and to the inhibition of caspase activities in 6-OHDA-lesioned mice. ..
- Abarzua F, Sakaguchi M, Tanimoto R, Sonegawa H, Li D, Edamura K, et al. Heat shock proteins play a crucial role in tumor-specific apoptosis by REIC/Dkk-3. Int J Mol Med. 2007;20:37-43 pubmed
- Asada N, Namba M, Kodama T, Kyogoku Y. Circular dichroism of prophenol oxidase in relation to the structural stability in Drosophila melanogaster. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2004;56:1-6 pubmed..However, it showed reversible recovery by renaturation after returning to low temperature at 30 degrees C. The conformational changes and reversible denaturation-renaturation interaction of the prophenol oxidase protein are discussed...