Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on drosophila melanogaster in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Topic: drosophila melanogaster
- Hashimoto R, Yamaguchi M. Dynamic changes in the subcellular localization of Drosophila beta-sarcoglycan during the cell cycle. Cell Struct Funct. 2006;31:173-80 pubmed..Furthermore we found that subcellular localization of dScgbeta dramatically changes during mitosis through possible association with tubulin. These observations point to a complex role of sarcoglycans in non-muscle tissues. ..
- Otsuki K, Hayashi Y, Kato M, Yoshida H, Yamaguchi M. Characterization of dRFX2, a novel RFX family protein in Drosophila. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:5636-48 pubmed..These results indicate that dRFX2 plays a role in G1-S transition and/or in progression of S phase. ..
- Doiguchi M, Nakagawa T, Imamura Y, Yoneda M, Higashi M, Kubota K, et al. SMARCAD1 is an ATP-dependent stimulator of nucleosomal H2A acetylation via CBP, resulting in transcriptional regulation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20179 pubmed publisher..The interplay between the remodeling activity of SMARCAD1 and histone acetylation by CBP sheds light on the function of chromatin and the genome-integrity network. ..
- Todo T, Ryo H, Yamamoto K, Toh H, Inui T, Ayaki H, et al. Similarity among the Drosophila (6-4)photolyase, a human photolyase homolog, and the DNA photolyase-blue-light photoreceptor family. Science. 1996;272:109-12 pubmed..A homolog of the Drosophila (6-4)photolyase gene was also cloned from human cells. ..
- Kaieda Y, Masuda R, Nishida R, Shimell M, O Connor M, Ono H. Glue protein production can be triggered by steroid hormone signaling independent of the developmental program in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol. 2017;430:166-176 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these studies provide evidence for a tissue-autonomic regulatory system for a metamorphic event independent from the primary 20E driven developmental progression. ..
- Koike M, Fukushi J, Ichinohe Y, Higashimae N, Fujishiro M, Sasaki C, et al. Valosin-containing protein (VCP) in novel feedback machinery between abnormal protein accumulation and transcriptional suppression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21736-49 pubmed publisher..This represents a novel feedback mechanism that regulates abnormal protein levels in the cytoplasm during physiological processes, as well as in pathological conditions such as abnormal protein accumulation in neurodegenerations. ..
- Yanagawa S, Lee J, Haruna T, Oda H, Uemura T, Takeichi M, et al. Accumulation of Armadillo induced by Wingless, Dishevelled, and dominant-negative Zeste-White 3 leads to elevated DE-cadherin in Drosophila clone 8 wing disc cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:25243-51 pubmed..In addition, overexpression of DE-cadherin elevated Arm levels by stabilizing Arm at cell-cell junctions. ..
- Kitajima S, Kamei K, Taketani S, Yamaguchi M, Kawai F, Komatsu A, et al. Two chitinase-like proteins abundantly accumulated in latex of mulberry show insecticidal activity. BMC Biochem. 2010;11:6 pubmed publisher..Proteins abundantly accumulated in latex might therefore be involved in the defense system...
- Ly L, Suyari O, Yoshioka Y, Tue N, Yoshida H, Yamaguchi M. dNF-YB plays dual roles in cell death and cell differentiation during Drosophila eye development. Gene. 2013;520:106-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that dNF-Y regulates debcl gene expression. ..
- Yamaguchi M, Suyari O, Nagai R, Takahashi M. dGirdin a new player of Akt /PKB signaling in Drosophila Melanogaster. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2010;15:1164-71 pubmed..Possible use of the Drosophila Girdin model in understanding the mechanisms of cancer progression and in developing preventive and therapeutic strategies will be discussed...
- Nagai R, Hashimoto R, Yamaguchi M. Drosophila Syntrophins are involved in locomotion and regulation of synaptic morphology. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2313-21 pubmed..From these data we conclude that Syn1 and Syn2 are required for locomotion and are involved in regulation of synaptic morphology. In addition, the two syntrophins can at least partially compensate for each other's functions. ..
- Anh N, Nishitani M, Harada S, Yamaguchi M, Kamei K. Essential role of Duox in stabilization of Drosophila wing. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33244-51 pubmed publisher..These dDuox-knockdown fly lines would be useful tools for further studying dDuox functions during the development of Drosophila...
- Cui L, Yoshioka Y, Suyari O, Kohno Y, Zhang X, Adachi Y, et al. Relevant expression of Drosophila heme oxygenase is necessary for the normal development of insect tissues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:1156-61 pubmed publisher..Taken together, considering that dHO is not a stress-inducible protein, the expression of dHO can be tightly regulated at developmental stages and the relevant expression is necessary for the normal development of tissues in Drosophila. ..
- Yanagawa S, Matsuda Y, Lee J, Matsubayashi H, Sese S, Kadowaki T, et al. Casein kinase I phosphorylates the Armadillo protein and induces its degradation in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2002;21:1733-42 pubmed..His-tagged Arm was phosphorylated by CKIalpha in vitro on a set of serine and threonine residues that are also phosphorylated by Zeste-white 3. Thus, we propose that CKI phosphorylates Arm and stimulates its degradation. ..
- Satou Y, Imai K, Levine M, Kohara Y, Rokhsar D, Satoh N. A genomewide survey of developmentally relevant genes in Ciona intestinalis. I. Genes for bHLH transcription factors. Dev Genes Evol. 2003;213:213-21 pubmed
- Ida H, Yoshida H, Nakamura K, Yamaguchi M. Identification of the Drosophila eIF4A gene as a target of the DREF transcription factor. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:4208-20 pubmed..The results suggest that the eIF4A gene is under the control of the DREF pathway and DREF is therefore involved in the regulation of protein synthesis. ..
- Hattori Y, Usui T, Satoh D, Moriyama S, Shimono K, Itoh T, et al. Sensory-neuron subtype-specific transcriptional programs controlling dendrite morphogenesis: genome-wide analysis of Abrupt and Knot/Collier. Dev Cell. 2013;27:530-44 pubmed publisher..Our analyses illustrate how differentiating neurons employ distinct and shared repertoires of gene expression to produce class-selective morphological traits...
- Ishii T, Nakashima N, Takatsuka K, Ohmori H. Peripheral N- and C-terminal domains determine deactivation kinetics of HCN channels. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:592-8 pubmed..The DMIH core with HCN1 activated and deactivated more than threefold faster than that with HCN4. Taken together, the peripheral domains are diversified to create distinct kinetics. ..
- Ohsako T, Hirai K, Yamamoto M. The Drosophila misfire gene has an essential role in sperm activation during fertilization. Genes Genet Syst. 2003;78:253-66 pubmed
- Phuong Thao D, Ida H, Yoshida H, Yamaguchi M. Identification of the Drosophila skpA gene as a novel target of the transcription factor DREF. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3641-50 pubmed..These findings, taken together, indicate that the Drosophila skpA gene is a novel target of the transcription factor DREF. ..
- Hashimoto R, Yamaguchi M. Genetic link between beta-sarcoglycan and the Egfr signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:212-21 pubmed..These cells exhibited phosphorylation of ERKA, suggesting that Egfr signaling is activated via Rhomboid. Through these in vivo analyses, we conclude that dscgbeta negatively regulates the Egfr signaling pathway. ..
- Kato Y, Ushijima Y, Yamaguchi M. Identification of nuclear localization signals of Drosophila G9a histone H3 methyltransferase. Cell Struct Funct. 2011;36:121-9 pubmed..These NLSs of dG9a are distinct from those of mammalian G9a in their positions and amino acid sequences. ..
- Imafuku M, Haramura T. Activity rhythm of Drosophila kept in complete darkness for 1300 generations. Zoolog Sci. 2011;28:195-8 pubmed publisher..5 h (P3) or 7.5 h (P7) light pulse. In all of these conditions, the experimental dark flies exhibited clear circadian rhythms similar to those of control light flies. We compare our results with those of various studies on troglobites. ..
- Park H, Yamamoto M. The centric region of the X chromosome rDNA functions in male meiotic pairing in Drosophila melanogaster. Chromosoma. 1995;103:700-7 pubmed..4 times that of the fourth chromosome, includes a meiotic pairing site in the male. We discuss the cytological location of the pairing site and the possible role of rDNA in meiotic pairing. ..
- Kikuchi A, Ohashi S, Fuse N, Ohta T, Suzuki M, Suzuki Y, et al. Experience-dependent plasticity of the optomotor response in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Neurosci. 2012;34:533-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, our model system can be used to examine how the environment affects behaviors. ..
- Tsubouchi A, Tsuyama T, Fujioka M, Kohda H, Okamoto Furuta K, Aigaki T, et al. Mitochondrial protein Preli-like is required for development of dendritic arbors and prevents their regression in the Drosophila sensory nervous system. Development. 2009;136:3757-66 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that Prel-dependent regulation of mitochondrial activity is important for both growth and prevention of breakage of dendritic branches. ..
- Ono H. Ecdysone differentially regulates metamorphic timing relative to 20-hydroxyecdysone by antagonizing juvenile hormone in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol. 2014;391:32-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the precocious pupariation triggered by E is impeded by the action of JH to ensure that animals attain body size to survive metamorphosis. ..
- Furuse M, Tsukita S. Claudins in occluding junctions of humans and flies. Trends Cell Biol. 2006;16:181-8 pubmed..Interestingly, claudin-like molecules have recently been identified in septate junctions of Drosophila. Here, we present an overview of recent progress in claudin studies conducted in mammals and flies. ..
- Okudaira K, Ohno K, Yoshida H, Asano M, Hirose F, Yamaguchi M. Transcriptional regulation of the Drosophila orc2 gene by the DREF pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1732:23-30 pubmed..The results, taken together, demonstrate that the orc2 gene is under the control of DREF pathway. ..
- Miyauchi C, Kitazawa D, Ando I, Hayashi D, Inoue Y. Orbit/CLASP is required for germline cyst formation through its developmental control of fusomes and ring canals in Drosophila males. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58220 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Orbit is involved in the proper orientation of spindles towards fusomes during synchronous mitosis of spermatogonial cysts. ..
- Itoh M, Nanba N, Hasegawa M, Inomata N, Kondo R, Oshima M, et al. Seasonal changes in the long-distance linkage disequilibrium in Drosophila melanogaster. J Hered. 2010;101:26-32 pubmed publisher..Long-distance LD could be a useful measure for assessing seasonal fluctuation in effective population size. ..
- Kinoshita M. The septins. Genome Biol. 2003;4:236 pubmed..The septins are guanine-nucleotide binding proteins that mostly form filaments. They are important in cytokinesis and also have roles in sporulation in yeasts and embryonic development and in the nervous system in animals. ..
- Oda H, Tsukita S. Real-time imaging of cell-cell adherens junctions reveals that Drosophila mesoderm invagination begins with two phases of apical constriction of cells. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:493-501 pubmed..Movies available on-line: http://www.biologists.com/JCS/movies/jcs2073.html ..
- Yanagawa S, Lee J, Ishimoto A. Identification and characterization of a novel line of Drosophila Schneider S2 cells that respond to wingless signaling. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:32353-9 pubmed..S2R+ cells are as sensitive to Wg as are clone 8 cells but can grow in simpler medium. Therefore, the S2R+ cell line is likely to prove highly useful for in vitro analyses of Wg signaling. ..
- Ichikawa A, Yamada A, Sakamoto H, Umehara M, Yoshioka Y, Yamaguchi M, et al. Overexpression of transglutaminase in the Drosophila wing imaginal disc induced an extra wing crossvein phenotype. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:2494-6 pubmed..These results indicate that this phenotype, induced by dTG-A, is related to enhancement of the Egfr signaling pathway. ..
- Tue N, Yoshioka Y, Yamaguchi M. NF-Y transcriptionally regulates the Drosophila p53 gene. Gene. 2011;473:1-7 pubmed publisher..These results taken together indicate that dNF-Y is necessary for dmp53 gene promoter activity. ..
- Ohsako T, Yamamoto M. Sperm of the wasted mutant are wasted when females utilize the stored sperm in Drosophila melanogaster. Genes Genet Syst. 2011;86:97-108 pubmed
- Harumoto T, Ito M, Shimada Y, Kobayashi T, Ueda H, Lu B, et al. Atypical cadherins Dachsous and Fat control dynamics of noncentrosomal microtubules in planar cell polarity. Dev Cell. 2010;19:389-401 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the action of Ft was mediated in part by PAR-1. All these data support the idea that the active reorientation of MT growth adjusts cell polarity along the organ axis. ..
- Ono H, Morita S, Asakura I, Nishida R. Conversion of 3-oxo steroids into ecdysteroids triggers molting and expression of 20E-inducible genes in Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:561-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ?(4)-diketol and diketol are components of the ecdysteroid biosynthetic pathway and lie downstream of a step catalyzed by Spok. ..
- Sato D, Sugimura K, Satoh D, Uemura T. Crossveinless-c, the Drosophila homolog of tumor suppressor DLC1, regulates directional elongation of dendritic branches via down-regulating Rho1 activity. Genes Cells. 2010;15:485-500 pubmed publisher..All of our results suggest that Cv-c contributes to sprouting and subsequent growth of the A-P-oriented branches through negative regulation of Rho1. We discuss a role of Cv-c in dendritic growth in response to environmental cues. ..
- Trong Tue N, Thao D, Yamaguchi M. Role of DREF in transcriptional regulation of the Drosophila p53 gene. Oncogene. 2010;29:2060-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DREF is necessary for dmp53 gene promoter activity. ..
- Tsuyama T, Kishikawa J, Han Y, Harada Y, Tsubouchi A, Noji H, et al. In vivo fluorescent adenosine 5'-triphosphate (ATP) imaging of Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans by using a genetically encoded fluorescent ATP biosensor optimized for low temperatures. Anal Chem. 2013;85:7889-96 pubmed publisher..By expressing AT1.03NL in Drosophila melanogaster and Caenorhabditis elegans, we succeeded in imaging the in vivo ATP dynamics of these model animals at single-cell resolution. ..
- Yoshinaga N, Aboshi T, Ishikawa C, Fukui M, Shimoda M, Nishida R, et al. Fatty acid amides, previously identified in caterpillars, found in the cricket Teleogryllus taiwanemma and fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster larvae. J Chem Ecol. 2007;33:1376-81 pubmed
- Matsubayashi H, Sese S, Lee J, Shirakawa T, Iwatsubo T, Tomita T, et al. Biochemical characterization of the Drosophila wingless signaling pathway based on RNA interference. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2012-24 pubmed