Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna binding proteins in Kumamoto, Japan
Locale: Kumamoto, Japan
Topic: dna binding proteins
- Uchimura Y, Ichimura T, Uwada J, Tachibana T, Sugahara S, Nakao M, et al. Involvement of SUMO modification in MBD1- and MCAF1-mediated heterochromatin formation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:23180-90 pubmed..These findings provide insights into the roles of SUMOylation in the regulation of heterochromatin formation and gene silencing. ..
- Watanabe K, Tateishi S, Kawasuji M, Tsurimoto T, Inoue H, Yamaizumi M. Rad18 guides poleta to replication stalling sites through physical interaction and PCNA monoubiquitination. EMBO J. 2004;23:3886-96 pubmed..These results suggest that Rad18 is crucial for recruitment of poleta to the damaged site through protein-protein interaction and PCNA monoubiquitination. ..
- Suico M, Koyanagi T, Ise S, Lu Z, Hisatsune A, Seki Y, et al. Functional dissection of the ETS transcription factor MEF. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1577:113-20 pubmed..These results, which determined the localization of the functional domains of MEF, will provide us with new clues to its transactivation mechanisms to regulate lysozyme gene expression in epithelial cells. ..
- Yanagisawa M, Nakashima K, Takeda K, Ochiai W, Takizawa T, Ueno M, et al. Inhibition of BMP2-induced, TAK1 kinase-mediated neurite outgrowth by Smad6 and Smad7. Genes Cells. 2001;6:1091-9 pubmed..This study demonstrates that BMP2-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells involves activation of the TAK1-p38 kinase pathway which is inhibited by Smad6 and Smad7. ..
- Inoue T, Kagawa T, Inoue Mochita M, Isono K, Ohtsu N, Nobuhisa I, et al. Involvement of the Hipk family in regulation of eyeball size, lens formation and retinal morphogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3233-8 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Hipk1 and Hipk2 are involved in regulation of eye size, lens formation and retinal lamination during late embryogenesis. ..
- Ogi H, Suzuki K, Ogino Y, Kamimura M, Miyado M, Ying X, et al. Ventral abdominal wall dysmorphogenesis of Msx1/Msx2 double-mutant mice. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol. 2005;284:424-30 pubmed..These findings indicate that Msx1 and Msx2 play roles in concert during embryonic ventral abdominal wall formation. ..
- Matsuda K, Makise M, Sueyasu Y, Takehara M, Asano T, Mizushima T. Yeast two-hybrid analysis of the origin recognition complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: interaction between subunits and identification of binding proteins. FEMS Yeast Res. 2007;7:1263-9 pubmed..We discuss roles of these interactions in functions of ORC. ..
- Abe S. Hormonal control of meiosis initiation in the testis from Japanese newt, Cynops pyrrhogaster. Zoolog Sci. 2004;21:691-704 pubmed..Spermatogonia could circumvent the checkpoint by the influence of some factor(s) produced by Sertoli cells upon activation by FSH. Trial to isolate factor(s) responsible for the meiosis-initiation is now underway...
- Arima Y, Hirota T, Bronner C, Mousli M, Fujiwara T, Niwa S, et al. Down-regulation of nuclear protein ICBP90 by p53/p21Cip1/WAF1-dependent DNA-damage checkpoint signals contributes to cell cycle arrest at G1/S transition. Genes Cells. 2004;9:131-42 pubmed..Deregulation of ICBP90 may impair the control of G1/S transition during checkpoint activation and lead to genomic instability. ..
- Takizawa T, Ochiai W, Nakashima K, Taga T. Enhanced gene activation by Notch and BMP signaling cross-talk. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:5723-31 pubmed..These data suggest a novel functional cooperation between Notch signaling and BMP signaling. ..
- Fujita N, Watanabe S, Ichimura T, Ohkuma Y, Chiba T, Saya H, et al. MCAF mediates MBD1-dependent transcriptional repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2834-43 pubmed..These data provide a mechanistic basis for direct inhibition of gene expression via methylation-dependent and histone deacetylation-resistant processes. ..
- Nakamura T, Ishikawa S, Koga Y, Nagai Y, Imamura Y, Ikeda K, et al. Mutation analysis of Rad18 in human cancer cell lines and non small cell lung cancer tissues. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2009;28:106 pubmed publisher..Though the frequency of SNP was tended to be higher in NSCLC patients than healthy volunteers (57.7%), as the difference was not significant, we have concluded that there is no relation between Rad18 SNP and lung cancer development. ..
- Tojo M, Matsuzaki K, Minami T, Honda Y, Yasuda H, Chiba T, et al. The aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear transporter is modulated by the SUMO-1 conjugation system. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:46576-85 pubmed..This exemplifies a crucial role of protein sumoylation in modulating protein-protein interactions. ..
- Takizawa M, Nobuhisa I, Igarashi K, Ueno M, Nakashima K, Kitamura T, et al. Requirement of gp130 signaling for the AGM hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2003;31:283-9 pubmed..The present study aims to evaluate the role of gp130 signaling in the fetal mouse AGM hematopoiesis...
- Sakaki Yumoto M, Kobayashi C, Sato A, Fujimura S, Matsumoto Y, Takasato M, et al. The murine homolog of SALL4, a causative gene in Okihiro syndrome, is essential for embryonic stem cell proliferation, and cooperates with Sall1 in anorectal, heart, brain and kidney development. Development. 2006;133:3005-13 pubmed..Sall4 and Sall1 formed heterodimers, and a truncated Sall1 caused mislocalization of Sall4 in the heterochromatin; thus, some symptoms of Townes-Brocks syndrome caused by SALL1 truncations could result from SALL4 inhibition. ..
- Asano Y, Ihn H, Jinnin M, Mimura Y, Tamaki K. Involvement of alphavbeta5 integrin in the establishment of autocrine TGF-beta signaling in dermal fibroblasts derived from localized scleroderma. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:1761-9 pubmed..Anti-alphavbeta5 antibody reversed the myofibroblastic features of LSc fibroblasts. These results indicate that upregulated expression of alphavbeta5 contributes to autocrine TGF-beta signaling in LSc fibroblasts. ..
- Ohsumi K, Yamazoe M, Hiraga S. Different localization of SeqA-bound nascent DNA clusters and MukF-MukE-MukB complex in Escherichia coli cells. Mol Microbiol. 2001;40:835-45 pubmed..We discuss the reorganization and proper arrangement of folded sister chromosome in the cell quarter positions, which are performed after release from the long-time cohesion of sister chromosomes. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Miyamoto E, Fukunaga K. Activation of the rat dopamine D2 receptor promoter by mitogen-activated protein kinase and Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II pathways. J Neurochem. 2002;83:784-96 pubmed..Co-transfection with CaMKII stimulated nuclear translocation of Zif268. These results suggest that ERK and CaMKII positively regulate the D2R promoter and that Zif268 is a potential transcription factor for the CaMKII-dependent pathway. ..
- Inoue H, Nobuhisa I, Okita K, Takizawa M, Pébusque M, Taga T. Negative regulation of hematopoiesis by the fused in myeloproliferative disorders gene product. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:125-8 pubmed..5, where definitive hematopoiesis is first found during embryogenesis. These results suggest that the expression level of FIM determines the development of hematopoiesis during mouse ontogeny. ..
- Fujita N, Takebayashi S, Okumura K, Kudo S, Chiba T, Saya H, et al. Methylation-mediated transcriptional silencing in euchromatin by methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1 isoforms. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6415-26 pubmed..These findings suggested that the MBD1 isoforms have different roles in methylation-mediated transcriptional silencing in euchromatin. ..
- Onogi T, Ohsumi K, Katayama T, Hiraga S. Replication-dependent recruitment of the beta-subunit of DNA polymerase III from cytosolic spaces to replication forks in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:867-70 pubmed..When chromosome replication is terminated after incubation at nonpermissive temperature in a temperature-sensitive dnaC mutant, the beta-subunit is located in the cytosolic spaces of the cell poles. ..
- Tanaka K, Namba T, Arai Y, Fujimoto M, Adachi H, Sobue G, et al. Genetic evidence for a protective role for heat shock factor 1 and heat shock protein 70 against colitis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23240-52 pubmed..Furthermore, this protective role seems to involve various mechanisms, such as suppression of expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines and CAMs and ROS-induced cell death. ..
- Tateishi S, Sakuraba Y, Masuyama S, Inoue H, Yamaizumi M. Dysfunction of human Rad18 results in defective postreplication repair and hypersensitivity to multiple mutagens. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:7927-32 pubmed..Stable transformants with hRad18 mutated in this motif become sensitive to UV, methyl methanesulfonate, and mitomycin C, and are defective in the replication of UV-damaged DNA. Thus, hRAD18 is a functional homologue of RAD18. ..
- Kuwahara K, Yoshida M, Kondo E, Sakata A, Watanabe Y, Abe E, et al. A novel nuclear phosphoprotein, GANP, is up-regulated in centrocytes of the germinal center and associated with MCM3, a protein essential for DNA replication. Blood. 2000;95:2321-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the up-regulation of GANP might participate in the development of Ag-driven B cells in GCs through its interaction with MCM3. ..
- Yamazoe M, Onogi T, Sunako Y, Niki H, Yamanaka K, Ichimura T, et al. Complex formation of MukB, MukE and MukF proteins involved in chromosome partitioning in Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 1999;18:5873-84 pubmed..This suggests that Ca(2+) or Mg(2+) may be required for the formation of a complex consisting of the three Muk proteins, and thus may participate in a particular step during chromosome partitioning. ..
- Yamane T, Ogawa T, Matsuoka M. Derivation of consensus sequence for protein binding site in Yarrowia lipolytica centromere. J Biosci Bioeng. 2008;105:671-4 pubmed publisher..Here, we extended the analysis to other minimized centromeric regions, revealing a consensus sequence of a 17- to 21-bp imperfect palindrome. ..
- Masuyama S, Tateishi S, Yomogida K, Nishimune Y, Suzuki K, Sakuraba Y, et al. Regulated expression and dynamic changes in subnuclear localization of mammalian Rad18 under normal and genotoxic conditions. Genes Cells. 2005;10:753-62 pubmed..No de novo protein synthesis is required for this process. These results suggest that in higher eukaryotes, the maintenance and dynamic translocation of Rad18 protein is important for postreplication repair. ..
- Asano T, Makise M, Takehara M, Mizushima T. Interaction between ORC and Cdt1p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2007;7:1256-62 pubmed..These results suggest that interaction of Cdt1p with ORC is involved in the formation of the prereplicative complex, rather than in regulation of the activity of ORC. ..
- Suemasu S, Tanaka K, Namba T, Ishihara T, Katsu T, Fujimoto M, et al. A role for HSP70 in protecting against indomethacin-induced gastric lesions. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19705-15 pubmed publisher..The HSP inducing activity of geranylgeranylacetone seems to contribute to its gastroprotective activity against indomethacin. ..
- Fujita N, Shimotake N, Ohki I, Chiba T, Saya H, Shirakawa M, et al. Mechanism of transcriptional regulation by methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5107-18 pubmed..Based on these findings we have concluded that MBD1 acts as a transcriptional regulator depending on the density of methyl-CpG pairs through the cooperation of MBD, CXXC, and TRD sequences. ..
- Hiraga S, Ichinose C, Onogi T, Niki H, Yamazoe M. Bidirectional migration of SeqA-bound hemimethylated DNA clusters and pairing of oriC copies in Escherichia coli. Genes Cells. 2000;5:327-41 pubmed..A single cluster of SeqA-bound hemimethylated DNA segment separates into two clusters and these clusters migrate abruptly in a bipolar fashion during progress of replication and prior to separation of linked sister oriC copies. ..
- Koga T, Harada H, Shi T, Okada S, Suico M, Shuto T, et al. Hyperthermia suppresses the cytotoxicity of NK cells via down-regulation of perforin/granzyme B expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;337:1319-23 pubmed..But the expression of TNF cytokines (Fas ligand and TRAIL) was unchanged. These data suggest that the suppression of NK cell activity induced by WBH could be mediated through the perforin/granzyme pathway. ..
- Yoshitake Y, Nakatsura T, Monji M, Senju S, Matsuyoshi H, Tsukamoto H, et al. Proliferation potential-related protein, an ideal esophageal cancer antigen for immunotherapy, identified using complementary DNA microarray analysis. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:6437-48 pubmed..Therefore, PP-RP may prove to be an ideal tumor antigen useful for diagnosis and immunotherapy for patients with esophageal cancer. cDNA microarray analysis is a useful method to identify ideal tumor-associated antigens. ..
- Onogi T, Yamazoe M, Ichinose C, Niki H, Hiraga S. Null mutation of the dam or seqA gene suppresses temperature-sensitive lethality but not hypersensitivity to novobiocin of muk null mutants. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:5898-901 pubmed..Null mutation of either dam or seqA suppressed partially the temperature-sensitive lethality but failed to suppress the anucleate cell production and the hypersensitivity to novobiocin caused by muk null mutations. ..
- Tatsuta T, Tomoyasu T, Bukau B, Kitagawa M, Mori H, Karata K, et al. Heat shock regulation in the ftsH null mutant of Escherichia coli: dissection of stability and activity control mechanisms of sigma32 in vivo. Mol Microbiol. 1998;30:583-93 pubmed..In addition, CbpA, an analogue of DnaJ, was demonstrated to have overlapping functions with DnaJ in both the activity and the stability control of sigma32. ..
- Suico M, Yoshida H, Seki Y, Uchikawa T, Lu Z, Shuto T, et al. Myeloid Elf-1-like factor, an ETS transcription factor, up-regulates lysozyme transcription in epithelial cells through interaction with promyelocytic leukemia protein. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19091-8 pubmed..Thus, the recruitment of MEF to PML nuclear bodies may partly regulate lysozyme transcription in epithelial cells. ..
- Matsukawa A, Takeda K, Kudo S, Maeda T, Kagayama M, Akira S. Aberrant inflammation and lethality to septic peritonitis in mice lacking STAT3 in macrophages and neutrophils. J Immunol. 2003;171:6198-205 pubmed
- Tateishi S, Niwa H, Miyazaki J, Fujimoto S, Inoue H, Yamaizumi M. Enhanced genomic instability and defective postreplication repair in RAD18 knockout mouse embryonic stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:474-81 pubmed..These results indicate that dysfunction of Rad18 greatly increases both the frequency of homologous as well as illegitimate recombination, and that RAD18 contributes to maintenance of genomic stability through postreplication repair. ..
- Uemura A, Takizawa T, Ochiai W, Yanagisawa M, Nakashima K, Taga T. Cardiotrophin-like cytokine induces astrocyte differentiation of fetal neuroepithelial cells via activation of STAT3. Cytokine. 2002;18:1-7 pubmed..These results suggest that CLC plays a role in astrocyte differentiation via STAT3 activation within the developing brain. ..
- Gotoh T, Oyadomari S, Mori K, Mori M. Nitric oxide-induced apoptosis in RAW 264.7 macrophages is mediated by endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway involving ATF6 and CHOP. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12343-50 pubmed..Peritoneal macrophages from CHOP knockout mice showed resistance to NO-induced apoptosis. These results indicate that the ER stress pathway involving ATF6 and CHOP plays a key role in NO-mediated apoptosis in macrophages. ..
- Kitagawa M. A Sveinsson's chorioretinal atrophy-associated missense mutation in mouse Tead1 affects its interaction with the co-factors YAP and TAZ. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:1022-6 pubmed..These results suggest that SCRA pathogenesis may be due to a loss-of-function of TEAD1 affecting the regulation of its target genes. ..
- Tsuji Y, Watanabe K, Araki K, Shinohara M, Yamagata Y, Tsurimoto T, et al. Recognition of forked and single-stranded DNA structures by human RAD18 complexed with RAD6B protein triggers its recruitment to stalled replication forks. Genes Cells. 2008;13:343-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RAD18 complexed with RAD6B is recruited to stalled replication forks via interactions with forked DNA or long ssDNA structures, a process that is required for initiating PRR. ..