Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dimerization in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
- Masuda M, Yageta M, Fukuhara H, Kuramochi M, Maruyama T, Nomoto A, et al. The tumor suppressor protein TSLC1 is involved in cell-cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31014-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that TSLC1 mediates intracellular adhesion through homophilic interactions in a Ca(2+)/Mg(2+)-independent manner. ..
- Miyamoto K, Sakurai H, Sugiura T. Proteomic identification of a PSF/p54nrb heterodimer as RNF43 oncoprotein-interacting proteins. Proteomics. 2008;8:2907-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, proteomic identification of RNF43-associated proteins sheds light on its dynamic interaction network in nuclear events. ..
- Natsume R, Eitoku M, Akai Y, Sano N, Horikoshi M, Senda T. Structure and function of the histone chaperone CIA/ASF1 complexed with histones H3 and H4. Nature. 2007;446:338-41 pubmed
- Torii C, Izumi K, Nakajima H, Takahashi T, Kosaki K. EFNB1 mutation at the ephrin ligand-receptor dimerization interface in a patient with craniofrontonasal syndrome. Congenit Anom (Kyoto). 2007;47:49-52 pubmed..We deduced that Ser118 in EFNB1 resides at the major dimerization interface with Eph receptors and inferred that the Ser118Ile mutation may impede the protrusion of the G-H loop, thereby disturbing Eph-Ephrin signal transduction...
- Ogawa Goto K, Tanaka K, Ueno T, Tanaka K, Kurata T, Sata T, et al. p180 is involved in the interaction between the endoplasmic reticulum and microtubules through a novel microtubule-binding and bundling domain. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3741-51 pubmed..Thus, our data suggest that p180 mediates interactions between the endoplasmic reticulum and microtubules mainly through the novel microtubule-binding and -bundling domain MTB-1. ..
- Ohtaki A, Mizuno M, Yoshida H, Tonozuka T, Sakano Y, Kamitori S. Structure of a complex of Thermoactinomyces vulgaris R-47 alpha-amylase 2 with maltohexaose demonstrates the important role of aromatic residues at the reducing end of the substrate binding cleft. Carbohydr Res. 2006;341:1041-6 pubmed
- Nojiri H, Ashikawa Y, Noguchi H, Nam J, Urata M, Fujimoto Z, et al. Structure of the terminal oxygenase component of angular dioxygenase, carbazole 1,9a-dioxygenase. J Mol Biol. 2005;351:355-70 pubmed publisher..Docking simulations suggested that carbazole binds to the substrate-binding pocket in a manner suitable for catalysis of angular dioxygenation...
- Kamitori S, Abe A, Ohtaki A, Kaji A, Tonozuka T, Sakano Y. Crystal structures and structural comparison of Thermoactinomyces vulgaris R-47 alpha-amylase 1 (TVAI) at 1.6 A resolution and alpha-amylase 2 (TVAII) at 2.3 A resolution. J Mol Biol. 2002;318:443-53 pubmed..A structural comparison of the active sites has clearly revealed this difference in substrate specificity...
- Oguchi Y, Mikhailenko S, Ohki T, Olivares A, De La Cruz E, Ishiwata S. Load-dependent ADP binding to myosins V and VI: implications for subunit coordination and function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:7714-9 pubmed publisher..The distinct load dependence of ADP binding allows these motors to perform different cellular functions. ..
- Yamashita S, Miyaki S, Kato Y, Yokoyama S, Sato T, Barrionuevo F, et al. L-Sox5 and Sox6 proteins enhance chondrogenic miR-140 microRNA expression by strengthening dimeric Sox9 activity. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22206-15 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, detailed analysis suggests the DNA binding and/or transactivation ability of Sox9 as a homodimer is boosted by L-Sox5 and Sox6. These findings provide new insight into cartilage-specific gene regulation by the Sox trio. ..
- Setsuie R, Sakurai M, Sakaguchi Y, Wada K. Ubiquitin dimers control the hydrolase activity of UCH-L3. Neurochem Int. 2009;54:314-21 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that mono-Ub and Ub dimers may regulate the enzymatic functions of UCH-L1 and UCH-L3, respectively, in vivo. ..
- Sugiyama A, Noguchi K, Kitanaka C, Katou N, Tashiro F, Ono T, et al. Molecular cloning and chromosomal mapping of mouse intronless myc gene acting as a potent apoptosis inducer. Gene. 1999;226:273-83 pubmed..These observations suggest that the rodents commonly contain an s-myc-type of intronless myc gene with apoptosis-inducing activity. ..
- Fukunaga R, Yokoyama S. Structural insights into the second step of RNA-dependent cysteine biosynthesis in archaea: crystal structure of Sep-tRNA:Cys-tRNA synthase from Archaeoglobus fulgidus. J Mol Biol. 2007;370:128-41 pubmed publisher..One of the three strictly conserved Cys residues (Cys39, Cys42, or Cys247), of one subunit may play a crucial role in the catalysis in the active site of the other subunit...
- Yamazaki H, Tomono A, Ohnishi Y, Horinouchi S. DNA-binding specificity of AdpA, a transcriptional activator in the A-factor regulatory cascade in Streptomyces griseus. Mol Microbiol. 2004;53:555-72 pubmed publisher..The DNA-binding domain is therefore connected to the ThiJ/PfpI/DJ-1-like dimerization domain with a flexible linker. The DNA-binding specificity of AdpA in conjunction with that of other AraC/XylS family members is discussed...
- Hashimoto Y, Niikura T, Chiba T, Tsukamoto E, Kadowaki H, Nishitoh H, et al. The cytoplasmic domain of Alzheimer's amyloid-beta protein precursor causes sustained apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1/c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase-mediated neurotoxic signal via dimerization. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;306:889-902 pubmed..Understanding the function of AbetaPPCD and its downstream pathway should lead to effective anti-Alzheimer's disease therapeutics. ..
- Akanuma G, Kazo Y, Tagami K, Hiraoka H, Yano K, Suzuki S, et al. Ribosome dimerization is essential for the efficient regrowth of Bacillus subtilis. Microbiology. 2016;162:448-458 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the ribosome dimers, by providing 70S ribosomes to the cells, play an important role in facilitating rapid and efficient regrowth of cells under nutrient-rich conditions. ..
- Koizumi K, Naramoto S, Sawa S, Yahara N, Ueda T, Nakano A, et al. VAN3 ARF-GAP-mediated vesicle transport is involved in leaf vascular network formation. Development. 2005;132:1699-711 pubmed
- Saitoh T, Yamamoto M, Miyagishi M, Taira K, Nakanishi M, Fujita T, et al. A20 is a negative regulator of IFN regulatory factor 3 signaling. J Immunol. 2005;174:1507-12 pubmed..Our study thus demonstrates that A20 is a candidate negative regulator of the signaling cascade to IRF-3 activation in the innate antiviral response. ..
- Hachiya N, Sakasegawa Y, Sasaki H, Jozuka A, Tsukita S, Kaneko K. Oligomeric Aip2p/Dld2p forms a novel grapple-like structure and has an ATP-dependent F-actin conformation modifying activity in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:1271-6 pubmed..These data suggest that the oligomerization of Aip2p/Dld2p, which exhibits the unique grapple-like structure with an ATP-dependent opening, is required for the F-actin conformation modifying activity. ..
- Chairoungdua A, Segawa H, Kim J, Miyamoto K, Haga H, Fukui Y, et al. Identification of an amino acid transporter associated with the cystinuria-related type II membrane glycoprotein. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28845-8 pubmed..The results from the present investigation were used to establish a family of amino acid transporters associated with type II membrane glycoproteins...
- Mori K, Asakawa M, Hayashi M, Imura M, Ohki T, Hirao E, et al. Oligomerizing potential of a focal adhesion LIM protein Hic-5 organizing a nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22048-61 pubmed..Hic-5 is, thus, a molecular scaffold with the potential to dock with another scaffold through the LIM domain, organizing a mobile supramolecular unit and coordinating the adhesion signal with cellular activities in the two compartments. ..
- Takahashi Ito K, Makino M, Okado K, Tomita T. Memantine inhibits ?-amyloid aggregation and disassembles preformed ?-amyloid aggregates. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:158-163 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the inhibition of A? aggregation and induction of A? disaggregation may be involved in the mechanisms by which memantine reduces A? deposition in the brain. ..
- Noguchi A, Matsumura S, Dezawa M, Tada M, Yanazawa M, Ito A, et al. Isolation and characterization of patient-derived, toxic, high mass amyloid beta-protein (Abeta) assembly from Alzheimer disease brains. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32895-905 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate that native ASPDs with a distinct toxic surface induce neuronal loss through a different mechanism from other Abeta assemblies. ..
- Fushinobu S, Shoun H, Wakagi T. Crystal structure of sulerythrin, a rubrerythrin-like protein from a strictly aerobic archaeon, Sulfolobus tokodaii strain 7, shows unexpected domain swapping. Biochemistry. 2003;42:11707-15 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that the binuclear metal center of rubrerythrin-like proteins is plastic in its ability to bind metal ions...
- Nitanai Y, Satow Y, Adachi H, Tsujimoto M. Crystal structure of human renal dipeptidase involved in beta-lactam hydrolysis. J Mol Biol. 2002;321:177-84 pubmed..The barrel and active-site architectures utilizing catalytic metal ions exhibit unexpected similarities to those of the murine adenosine deaminase and the catalytic domain of the bacterial urease. ..
- Sekiya T, Adachi S, Kohu K, Yamada T, Higuchi O, Furukawa Y, et al. Identification of BMP and activin membrane-bound inhibitor (BAMBI), an inhibitor of transforming growth factor-beta signaling, as a target of the beta-catenin pathway in colorectal tumor cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6840-6 pubmed..These results suggest that beta-catenin interferes with transforming growth factor-beta-mediated growth arrest by inducing the expression of BAMBI, and this may contribute to colorectal and hepatocellular tumorigenesis. ..
- Sonoki T, Obi T, Kubota S, Higashi M, Masai E, Katayama Y. Coexistence of two different O demethylation systems in lignin metabolism by Sphingomonas paucimobilis SYK-6: cloning and sequencing of the lignin biphenyl-specific O-demethylase (LigX) gene. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000;66:2125-32 pubmed..S. paucimobilis SYK-6 has two O demethylation systems: one is an oxygenative demethylase system, and the other is a tetrahydrofolate-dependent methyltransferase system. ..
- Sato K, Tanabe C, Yonemura Y, Watahiki H, Zhao Y, Yagishita S, et al. Localization of mature neprilysin in lipid rafts. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:870-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cholesterol and other lipids regulate the localization of mature NEP to lipid rafts, where the substrate A? accumulates but does not modulate the protease activity of NEP. ..
- Park M, Emori Y. Drosophila Calpain B is monomeric and autolyzes intramolecularly. J Biochem. 2008;143:217-28 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that dimerization is not an essential requirement for Drosophila calpains. ..
- Hiraguri A, Itoh R, Kondo N, Nomura Y, Aizawa D, Murai Y, et al. Specific interactions between Dicer-like proteins and HYL1/DRB-family dsRNA-binding proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;57:173-88 pubmed..The presented data suggest that each member of the HYL1/DRB protein family may individually modulate Dicer function through heterodimerization with a Dicer-like protein in vivo. ..
- Matsuda S, Kamiya Y, Yuzaki M. Roles of the N-terminal domain on the function and quaternary structure of the ionotropic glutamate receptor. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:20021-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the function of the LIVBP domain is not simply to form initial dimers but to adopt a conformation compatible with the overall tetrameric arrangement of subunits in intact AMPA receptors. ..
- Yamada Y, Oike Y, Ogawa H, Ito Y, Fujisawa H, Suda T, et al. Neuropilin-1 on hematopoietic cells as a source of vascular development. Blood. 2003;101:1801-9 pubmed..In NP-1-/- embryos, vascular sprouting is impaired at the central nervous system (CNS) and pericardium where VEGF is not abundant, indicating that NP-1-expressing cells are required for normal vascular development. ..
- Kiba A, Yabana N, Shibuya M. A set of loop-1 and -3 structures in the novel vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family member, VEGF-ENZ-7, is essential for the activation of VEGFR-2 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13453-61 pubmed..These findings strongly suggest that a common rule exists for VEGFR-2 ligands (VEGF-E(NZ-7) and VEGF-A) that they build up the binding structure for VEGFR-2 through the appropriate interaction between loop-1 and -3 regions. ..
- Ishitani R, Nureki O, Fukai S, Kijimoto T, Nameki N, Watanabe M, et al. Crystal structure of archaeosine tRNA-guanine transglycosylase. J Mol Biol. 2002;318:665-77 pubmed publisher..Structural comparison of the ArcTGT.preQ(0), ArcTGT.guanine, and QueTGT.preQ(1) complexes provides novel insights into the substrate recognition mechanisms of ArcTGT...
- Iwai M, Katoh H, Katayama M, Ikeuchi M. PSII-Tc protein plays an important role in dimerization of photosystem II. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1809-16 pubmed publisher..These results appear to be in good agreement with the recent structural model of the dimeric PSII complex...
- Iwamoto K, Miyamoto T, Sawatani Y, Hosogane N, Hamaguchi I, Takami M, et al. Dimer formation of receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB induces incomplete osteoclast formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:229-34 pubmed
- Wakabayashi K, Okamura M, Tsutsumi S, Nishikawa N, Tanaka T, Sakakibara I, et al. The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma/retinoid X receptor alpha heterodimer targets the histone modification enzyme PR-Set7/Setd8 gene and regulates adipogenesis through a positive feedback loop. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3544-55 pubmed publisher..Our results connect transcriptional regulation and epigenetic chromatin modulation through H4K20 monomethylation during adipogenesis through a feedback loop. ..
- Kato M, Araiso Y, Noma A, Nagao A, Suzuki T, Ishitani R, et al. Crystal structure of a novel JmjC-domain-containing protein, TYW5, involved in tRNA modification. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:1576-85 pubmed publisher..These findings extend the repertoire of the tRNA modification enzyme into the Fe(II)/2-OG oxygenase superfamily. ..
- Babu E, Kanai Y, Chairoungdua A, Kim D, Iribe Y, Tangtrongsup S, et al. Identification of a novel system L amino acid transporter structurally distinct from heterodimeric amino acid transporters. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:43838-45 pubmed..Based on the substrate selectivity, affinity, and N-ethylmaleimide sensitivity, LAT3 is proposed to be a transporter subserving system L2. LAT3 should denote a new family of organic solute transporters. ..
- Mizutani A, Matsuzaki A, Momoi M, Fujita E, Tanabe Y, Momoi T. Intracellular distribution of a speech/language disorder associated FOXP2 mutant. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:869-74 pubmed..Mutant and wild type FOXP2 heterodimers in the nucleus or FOXP2 R553H in the cytoplasm may underlie the pathogenesis of the autosomal dominant speech/language disorder. ..
- Tomishige M, Stuurman N, Vale R. Single-molecule observations of neck linker conformational changes in the kinesin motor protein. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:887-94 pubmed..During ATP-driven motility, the neck linkers switch between these conformational states. These results support the notion that neck linker movements accompany the 'hand-over-hand' motion of the two motor domains. ..
- Makino T, Morii H, Shimizu T, Arisaka F, Kato Y, Nagata K, et al. Reversible and irreversible coiled coils in the stalk domain of ncd motor protein. Biochemistry. 2007;46:9523-32 pubmed..60 degrees C). These results imply that the N-terminal region of the stalk domain might be able to adopt both a coiled-coil conformation and a dissociated one, which might be relevant to the functions of ncd. ..
- Sue M, Yamazaki K, Yajima S, Nomura T, Matsukawa T, Iwamura H, et al. Molecular and structural characterization of hexameric beta-D-glucosidases in wheat and rye. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:1237-47 pubmed
- Tokuda E, Fujita N, Oh hara T, Sato S, Kurata A, Katayama R, et al. Casein kinase 2-interacting protein-1, a novel Akt pleckstrin homology domain-interacting protein, down-regulates PI3K/Akt signaling and suppresses tumor growth in vivo. Cancer Res. 2007;67:9666-76 pubmed..These results indicate that CKIP-1, a novel Akt PH domain-interacting protein, would be a candidate of tumor suppressor with an Akt inhibitory function. ..
- Kuratani M, Bessho Y, Nishimoto M, Grosjean H, Yokoyama S. Crystal structure and mutational study of a unique SpoU family archaeal methylase that forms 2'-O-methylcytidine at position 56 of tRNA. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:1064-75 pubmed publisher..However, an essential Arg16 residue is located at a novel position within motif I. Biochemical assays showed that aTrm56 prefers the L-shaped tRNA to the lambda form as its substrate...
- Tanaka N, Aoki K, Ishikura S, Nagano M, Imamura Y, Hara A, et al. Molecular basis for peroxisomal localization of tetrameric carbonyl reductase. Structure. 2008;16:388-97 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the PTS1 receptor Pex5p in the cytosol recognizes the monomeric form of PerCR whose C-terminal PTS1 is exposed, and that this PerCR is targeted into the peroxisome, thereby forming a tetramer. ..
- Wang Z, Choi M, Ban T, Yanai H, Negishi H, Lu Y, et al. Regulation of innate immune responses by DAI (DLM-1/ZBP1) and other DNA-sensing molecules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5477-82 pubmed publisher..These results in toto provide insights into the mechanism of DAI activation and reveal the complex regulatory mechanisms underlying DNA-mediated protective and pathologic immune responses. ..
- Watanabe N, Iwamura T, Shinoda T, Fujita T. Regulation of NFKB1 proteins by the candidate oncoprotein BCL-3: generation of NF-kappaB homodimers from the cytoplasmic pool of p50-p105 and nuclear translocation. EMBO J. 1997;16:3609-20 pubmed..Thus BCL-3 has versatile functions: cytoplasmic activation of p50 homodimers, their nuclear translocation and, as previously shown, modulation of the transcriptional machinery in the nucleus. ..
- Jeong J, Sonoda T, Fushinobu S, Shoun H, Wakagi T. Crystal structure of isocitrate dehydrogenase from Aeropyrum pernix. Proteins. 2004;55:1087-9 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Kamiya N, Nagamune T. Peptidyl linkers for protein heterodimerization catalyzed by microbial transglutaminase. Bioconjug Chem. 2004;15:491-7 pubmed
- Ito T, Yamauchi M, Nishina M, Yamamichi N, Mizutani T, Ui M, et al. Identification of SWI.SNF complex subunit BAF60a as a determinant of the transactivation potential of Fos/Jun dimers. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2852-7 pubmed..These results indicate that a specific subset of Fos/Jun dimers recruits SWI.SNF complex via BAF60a to initiate transcription. ..
- Murata S, Yashiroda H, Tanaka K. Molecular mechanisms of proteasome assembly. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2009;10:104-15 pubmed publisher..By contrast, little is known about the assembly of the 19S regulatory particles, but several hints have emerged. ..
- Yoneyama M, Suhara W, Fujita T. Control of IRF-3 activation by phosphorylation. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2002;22:73-6 pubmed
- Enomoto A, Kido N, Ito M, Morita A, Matsumoto Y, Takamatsu N, et al. Negative regulation of MEKK1/2 signaling by serine-threonine kinase 38 (STK38). Oncogene. 2008;27:1930-8 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that STK38 negatively regulates the activation of MEKK1/2 by direct interaction with the catalytic domain of MEKK1/2, suggesting a novel mechanism of MEKK1/2 regulation. ..
- Isogawa Y, Kon T, Inoue T, Ohkura R, Yamakawa H, Ohara O, et al. The N-terminal domain of MYO18A has an ATP-insensitive actin-binding site. Biochemistry. 2005;44:6190-6 pubmed..These results imply that this dimeric myosin might stably cross-link actin filaments by two ATP-insensitive actin-binding sites at the N-terminal domains for higher-order organization of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Ishii Y, Narimatsu Y, Iwasaki Y, Arai N, Kino K, Kirimura K. Reversible and nonoxidative gamma-resorcylic acid decarboxylase: characterization and gene cloning of a novel enzyme catalyzing carboxylation of resorcinol, 1,3-dihydroxybenzene, from Rhizobium radiobacter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:611-20 pubmed publisher..A site-directed mutagenesis study revealed the two histidine residues at positions of 164 and 218 in Rdc to be essential for the catalytic activities of decarboxylation of gamma-RA and carboxylation of RE...
- Nakajima K, Asakura T, Maruyama J, Morita Y, Oike H, Shimizu Ibuka A, et al. Extracellular production of neoculin, a sweet-tasting heterodimeric protein with taste-modifying activity, by Aspergillus oryzae. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:3716-23 pubmed..The original sweetness and taste-modifying activity of rNCL were comparable to those of native NCL when confirmed by calcium imaging with human embryonic kidney cells expressing the human sweet taste receptor and by sensory tests...
- Hanzawa H, Haruyama H, Konishi K, Watanabe K, Tsurufuji S. Subunit association and monomer structure of CINC/Gro revealed by 1H-NMR. J Biochem. 1997;121:835-41 pubmed
- Shirasuka Y, Nakajima K, Asakura T, Yamashita H, Yamamoto A, Hata S, et al. Neoculin as a new taste-modifying protein occurring in the fruit of Curculigo latifolia. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:1403-7 pubmed..Both chemical analysis and cDNA cloning characterized neoculin as a heterodimeric protein consisting of an acidic, glycosylated subunit of 113 amino acid residues and a basic subunit that is the monomeric curculin itself...
- Masuda M, Hasegawa M, Nonaka T, Oikawa T, Yonetani M, Yamaguchi Y, et al. Inhibition of alpha-synuclein fibril assembly by small molecules: analysis using epitope-specific antibodies. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:787-91 pubmed publisher..This strongly suggests that small molecule inhibitors bind and stabilize intermediates of amyloid fibril formation, consistent with the view that inhibitor-bound molecular species are on-pathway intermediates. ..
- Morotomi Yano K, Yano K, Saito H, Sun Z, Iwama A, Miki Y. Human regulatory factor X 4 (RFX4) is a testis-specific dimeric DNA-binding protein that cooperates with other human RFX members. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:836-42 pubmed
- Horie T, Tatebayashi K, Yamada R, Saito H. Phosphorylated Ssk1 prevents unphosphorylated Ssk1 from activating the Ssk2 mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase in the yeast high-osmolarity glycerol osmoregulatory pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5172-83 pubmed publisher..Hence, because Ssk1 approximately P binds to and inhibits Ssk1-OH, moderate fluctuation of the level of Ssk1-OH does not lead to nonphysiological and detrimental activation of Hog1. ..
- Kage K, Tsukahara S, Sugiyama T, Asada S, Ishikawa E, Tsuruo T, et al. Dominant-negative inhibition of breast cancer resistance protein as drug efflux pump through the inhibition of S-S dependent homodimerization. Int J Cancer. 2002;97:626-30 pubmed..These results suggest that homodimer formation is essential for BCRP drug resistance, implicating this dominant-negative inhibition as a new strategy to circumvent drug resistance...
- Nakayama T, Soma M, Mizutani Y, Xinjuan X, Honye J, Kaneko Y, et al. A novel missense mutation of exon 3 in the type A human natriuretic peptide receptor gene: possible association with essential hypertension. Hypertens Res. 2002;25:395-401 pubmed..We conclude that the significance of homozygous M3411 mutation in exon 3 is worth investigating for its possible association with EH. ..
- Kojima T, Obata K, Mukai K, Sato S, Takai T, Minegishi Y, et al. Mast cells and basophils are selectively activated in vitro and in vivo through CD200R3 in an IgE-independent manner. J Immunol. 2007;179:7093-100 pubmed
- Sasajima Y, Tanaka H, Miyake S, Yuasa Y. A novel EID family member, EID-3, inhibits differentiation and forms a homodimer or heterodimer with EID-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:969-75 pubmed..EID-3 formed a homodimer or heterodimer with EID-2. These results suggest that EID-3 inhibits differentiation by blocking transcription as a complex in cells. ..
- Najima Y, Yahagi N, Takeuchi Y, Matsuzaka T, Sekiya M, Nakagawa Y, et al. High mobility group protein-B1 interacts with sterol regulatory element-binding proteins to enhance their DNA binding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27523-32 pubmed..These findings raise the intriguing possibility that HMGB1 is potentially involved in the regulation of lipogenic and cholesterogenic gene transcription. ..
- Shimizu K, Chiba S, Saito T, Takahashi T, Kumano K, Hamada Y, et al. Integrity of intracellular domain of Notch ligand is indispensable for cleavage required for release of the Notch2 intracellular domain. EMBO J. 2002;21:294-302 pubmed
- Kozu S, Tajiri R, Tsuji T, Michiue T, Saigo K, Kojima T. Temporal regulation of late expression of Bar homeobox genes during Drosophila leg development by Spineless, a homolog of the mammalian dioxin receptor. Dev Biol. 2006;294:497-508 pubmed
- Ashikawa Y, Fujimoto Z, Noguchi H, Habe H, Omori T, Yamane H, et al. Electron transfer complex formation between oxygenase and ferredoxin components in Rieske nonheme iron oxygenase system. Structure. 2006;14:1779-89 pubmed publisher..Additionally, conformational changes upon binding carbazole resulted in the closure of a lid over the substrate-binding pocket, thereby seemingly trapping carbazole at the substrate-binding site...
- Harada H, Ohto U, Satow Y. Crystal structure of mouse MD-1 with endogenous phospholipid bound in its cavity. J Mol Biol. 2010;400:838-46 pubmed publisher..In the cavity, electron densities attributable to phosphatidylcholine are located. Together with the binding assay with tetra-acylated lipid IVa, MD-1 is shown to be a lipid-binding coreceptor. ..
- Suhara W, Yoneyama M, Kitabayashi I, Fujita T. Direct involvement of CREB-binding protein/p300 in sequence-specific DNA binding of virus-activated interferon regulatory factor-3 holocomplex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22304-13 pubmed..Furthermore, the critical function of these domains in virus-induced gene activation was demonstrated in vivo by using p300 mutants. ..
- Xu Z, Mizuguchi H, Mayumi T, Hayakawa T. Regulated gene expression from adenovirus vectors: a systematic comparison of various inducible systems. Gene. 2003;309:145-51 pubmed..Overall, these results suggest the most appropriate inducible gene expression system in the context of Ad vectors to be the dimerizer system. ..
- Imamura H, Fushinobu S, Yamamoto M, Kumasaka T, Jeon B, Wakagi T, et al. Crystal structures of 4-alpha-glucanotransferase from Thermococcus litoralis and its complex with an inhibitor. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19378-86 pubmed..Furthermore, the catalytic residue of the two enzymes is located in the same position. These observations suggest that families 57 and 38 evolved from a common ancestor. ..
- Kage K, Fujita T, Sugimoto Y. Role of Cys-603 in dimer/oligomer formation of the breast cancer resistance protein BCRP/ABCG2. Cancer Sci. 2005;96:866-72 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Cys-603 is an important residue in the covalent bridge between BCRP monomers but that a functioning unit of BCRP may not necessarily require covalent linkages...
- Takaoka A, Mitani Y, Suemori H, Sato M, Yokochi T, Noguchi S, et al. Cross talk between interferon-gamma and -alpha/beta signaling components in caveolar membrane domains. Science. 2000;288:2357-60 pubmed..This aspect of signaling cross talk by IFNs may apply to other cytokines. ..
- Hattori M, Iwase N, Furuya N, Tanaka Y, Tsukazaki T, Ishitani R, et al. Mg(2+)-dependent gating of bacterial MgtE channel underlies Mg(2+) homeostasis. EMBO J. 2009;28:3602-12 pubmed publisher..These structural and functional results have clarified the control of Mg(2+) homeostasis through cooperative Mg(2+) binding to the MgtE cytosolic domain. ..
- Kato Y, Nishiyama K, Tokuda H. Depletion of SecDF-YajC causes a decrease in the level of SecG: implication for their functional interaction. FEBS Lett. 2003;550:114-8 pubmed..SecDF-YajC inhibited disulfide bond formation between two SecG molecules possessing a single cysteine residue. These results suggest functional interaction between SecDF-YajC and SecG...
- Tezuka H, Imai S, Hidano S, Tsukidate S, Fujita K. Various types of Dirofilaria immitis polyproteins selectively induce a Th2-Type immune response. Infect Immun. 2003;71:3802-11 pubmed
- Yao I, Iida J, Nishimura W, Hata Y. Synaptic and nuclear localization of brain-enriched guanylate kinase-associated protein. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5354-64 pubmed
- Kubo K, Mikoshiba K, Nakajima K. Secreted Reelin molecules form homodimers. Neurosci Res. 2002;43:381-8 pubmed..Proper but not simple extracellular crosslinking of the receptors by these dimers may be important for Reelin signaling to occur. ..
- Igarashi D, Ishida S, Fukazawa J, Takahashi Y. 14-3-3 proteins regulate intracellular localization of the bZIP transcriptional activator RSG. Plant Cell. 2001;13:2483-97 pubmed..These results suggest that 14-3-3 proteins negatively modulate RSG, which is involved in the regulation of endogenous amounts of GAs, by controlling its intracellular localization...