Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on developmental gene expression regulation in Fukuoka, Japan
Locale: Fukuoka, Japan
Topic: developmental gene expression regulation
- Nakayama H, Ihara K, Hikino S, Yamamoto J, Nagatomo T, Takemoto M, et al. Thrombocytosis in preterm infants: a possible involvement of thrombopoietin receptor gene expression. J Mol Med (Berl). 2005;83:316-20 pubmed
- Taniguchi K, Ayada T, Ichiyama K, Kohno R, Yonemitsu Y, Minami Y, et al. Sprouty2 and Sprouty4 are essential for embryonic morphogenesis and regulation of FGF signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;352:896-902 pubmed..These findings suggest both redundant and non-redundant functions for Sprouty2 and Sprouty4 on embryonic development and FGF signaling. ..
- Wu N, Iwamoto T, Sugawara Y, Futaki M, Yoshizaki K, Yamamoto S, et al. PDGFs regulate tooth germ proliferation and ameloblast differentiation. Arch Oral Biol. 2010;55:426-34 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to elucidate the effects of platelet-derived growth factors (PDGFs) during tooth development, as well as the mechanisms underlying the interactions of growth factors with PDGF signalling during odontogenesis...
- Mutoh J, Taketoh J, Okamura K, Kagawa T, Ishida T, Ishii Y, et al. Fetal pituitary gonadotropin as an initial target of dioxin in its impairment of cholesterol transportation and steroidogenesis in rats. Endocrinology. 2006;147:927-36 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that TCDD impairs steroidogenesis in the fetus by targeting pituitary gonadotropins. ..
- Kito G, Aramaki S, Tanaka K, Soh T, Yamauchi N, Hattori M. Temporal and spatial differential expression of chicken germline-specific proteins cDAZL, CDH and CVH during gametogenesis. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:341-6 pubmed..Collectively, three germline-specific proteins are expressed in chicken germ cells, but their patterns of expression are temporally and spatially distinct. ..
- Kawakami Y, Yoshida K, Yang J, Suzuki T, Azuma N, Sakai K, et al. Impaired neurogenesis in embryonic spinal cord of Phgdh knockout mice, a serine deficiency disorder model. Neurosci Res. 2009;63:184-93 pubmed publisher..The present integrative study provides in vivo evidence that normal cell cycle progression and subsequent neurogenesis of radial glia cells are severely impaired by serine deficiency. ..
- Nakashima M, Toyono T, Akamine A, Joyner A. Expression of growth/differentiation factor 11, a new member of the BMP/TGFbeta superfamily during mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1999;80:185-9 pubmed..At 10.5 dpc, it is expressed in the branchial arches, limb bud, tail bud and posterior dorsal neural tube. Later, it is expressed in terminally-differentiated odontoblasts, the nasal epithelium, retina and specific regions of the brain. ..
- Yamamoto K, Yakiyama M, Fujii H, Kusakabe T, Koga K, Aso Y, et al. Expression of prophenoloxidase mRNA during silkworm hemocyte development. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2000;64:1197-202 pubmed publisher..A sexual difference was also observed when the content of prophenoloxidase protein in the hemolymph (including hemocytes) was measured by an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay...
- Dejima K, Seko A, Yamashita K, Gengyo Ando K, Mitani S, Izumikawa T, et al. Essential roles of 3'-phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphosulfate synthase in embryonic and larval development of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11431-40 pubmed..elegans. Furthermore, reporter analysis showed that pps-1 is expressed in the epidermis and several gland cells but not in neurons and muscles, indicating that PAPS in the neurons and muscles is provided by other cells. ..
- Aramaki S, Sato F, Soh T, Yamauchi N, Sakai T, Hattori M. Temporal and spatial expression of TGF-beta2 in chicken somites during early embryonic development. J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol. 2005;303:323-30 pubmed..These data indicate that TGF-beta2 may be a regulatory factor participating in the somitogenesis of chicken embryos. ..
- Yamaza H, Matsuo K, Kiyoshima T, Shigemura N, Kobayashi I, Wada H, et al. Detection of differentially expressed genes in the early developmental stage of the mouse mandible. Int J Dev Biol. 2001;45:675-80 pubmed
- Ijichi N, Tsujimoto N, Iwaki T, Fukumaki Y, Iwaki A. Distal Sox binding elements of the alphaB-crystallin gene show lens enhancer activity in transgenic mouse embryos. J Biochem. 2004;135:413-20 pubmed..These results indicate that the newly identified enhancer with Sox elements activates the alphaB-crystallin promoter in the lens, although they are separated by the entire HSPB2 gene. ..
- Yamaza H, Matsuo K, Kobayashi I, Wada H, Kiyoshima T, Akhtar M, et al. Expression of Set-alpha during morphogenesis of mouse lower first molar. Histochem J. 2001;33:437-41 pubmed
- Katsuragi Y, Sagata N. Regulation of Chk1 kinase by autoinhibition and ATR-mediated phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1680-9 pubmed..These results provide significant insights into the mechanism of Chk1 activation at the DNA replication checkpoint. ..
- Tsunematsu R, Nakayama K, Oike Y, Nishiyama M, Ishida N, Hatakeyama S, et al. Mouse Fbw7/Sel-10/Cdc4 is required for notch degradation during vascular development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9417-23 pubmed..Expression of Notch1, -2, or -3 or of cyclin E was unaffected in Fbw7(-/-) embryos. Mammalian Fbw7 thus appears to play an indispensable role in negative regulation of the Notch4-Hey1 pathway and is required for vascular development. ..
- Ikari T, Hiraki A, Seki K, Sugiura T, Matsumoto K, Shirasuna K. Involvement of hepatocyte growth factor in branching morphogenesis of murine salivary gland. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:173-84 pubmed..The present data also suggest that the HGF that is released transiently from tongue muscles may contribute to the rapid development of SMG at the branching stage. ..
- Tsukada Y, Ishitani T, Nakayama K. KDM7 is a dual demethylase for histone H3 Lys 9 and Lys 27 and functions in brain development. Genes Dev. 2010;24:432-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify KDM7 as a dual demethylase for H3K9 and H3K27 that functions as an eraser of silencing marks on chromatin during brain development...
- Onbe K, Nishida S, Sone E, Kanda N, Goto M, Pastene L, et al. Sequence variation in the Tbx4 gene in marine mammals. Zoolog Sci. 2007;24:449-64 pubmed
- Xie M, Kobayashi I, Kiyoshima T, Nagata K, Ookuma Y, Fujiwara H, et al. In situ expression of ribosomal protein L21 in developing tooth germ of the mouse lower first molar. J Mol Histol. 2009;40:361-7 pubmed publisher..Rpl21 for protein synthesis might also be related to the morphogenesis of the developing cranio-facial organs...
- Hong S, Kusakabe T, Lee J, Tatsuke T, Kawaguchi Y, Kang M, et al. Structure and expression analysis of the cecropin-E gene from the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1992-8 pubmed publisher..Expression of BmCec-E after immune challenge was observed strongly in excretory organs, such as hindgut and malphigian, slightly in fat body, skin, and midgut...
- Hamada N, Iwahashi J, Suzuki K, Ogi H, Kashiwagi T, Hara K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of the mouse reticulon 3 cDNA. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2002;48:163-72 pubmed..The expression of 30 kDa-mRTN3 protein was also greatest in the brain. Both N and C-termini of mRTN3 faced the cytosol, indicating that they may recruit other proteins to the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Nishiyama M, Oshikawa K, Tsukada Y, Nakagawa T, Iemura S, Natsume T, et al. CHD8 suppresses p53-mediated apoptosis through histone H1 recruitment during early embryogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:172-82 pubmed publisher..These observations reveal a mode of p53 regulation mediated by CHD8, which may set a threshold for induction of apoptosis during early embryogenesis by counteracting p53 function through recruitment of histone H1. ..
- Ogura K, Wicky C, Magnenat L, Tobler H, Mori I, Muller F, et al. Caenorhabditis elegans unc-51 gene required for axonal elongation encodes a novel serine/threonine kinase. Genes Dev. 1994;8:2389-400 pubmed..Expression of an unc-51/lacZ fusion gene was observed in many neurons at all stages. We propose that protein phosphorylation by the unc-51 product is important for axonal elongation and possibly for axonal guidance. ..
- Sasaki T, Mizuochi C, Horio Y, Nakao K, Akashi K, Sugiyama D. Regulation of hematopoietic cell clusters in the placental niche through SCF/Kit signaling in embryonic mouse. Development. 2010;137:3941-52 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that placental HC clusters originate from the allantois and are regulated by endothelial niche cells through SCF/Kit signaling. ..
- Ohe M, Inoue D, Kanemori Y, Sagata N. Erp1/Emi2 is essential for the meiosis I to meiosis II transition in Xenopus oocytes. Dev Biol. 2007;303:157-64 pubmed..Thus, our results show the essential role for Erp1 in the meiosis I/meiosis II transition in Xenopus oocytes and can explain why normally maturing oocytes cannot arrest at Meta-I. ..
- Hamachi T, Sasaki Y, Hidaka K, Nakata M. Association between palatal morphogenesis and Pax9 expression pattern in CL/Fr embryos with clefting during palatal development. Arch Oral Biol. 2003;48:581-7 pubmed
- Shiose A, Kuroda J, Tsuruya K, Hirai M, Hirakata H, Naito S, et al. A novel superoxide-producing NAD(P)H oxidase in kidney. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1417-23 pubmed..The present findings thus suggest that the novel NAD(P)H oxidase NOX4 may serve as an oxygen sensor and/or a regulator of cell growth in kidney. ..
- Ueno H, Nakajo N, Watanabe M, Isoda M, Sagata N. FoxM1-driven cell division is required for neuronal differentiation in early Xenopus embryos. Development. 2008;135:2023-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that FoxM1 functions to link cell division and neuronal differentiation in early Xenopus embryos. ..
- Oki S, Kitajima K, Marques S, Belo J, Yokoyama T, Hamada H, et al. Reversal of left-right asymmetry induced by aberrant Nodal signaling in the node of mouse embryos. Development. 2009;136:3917-25 pubmed publisher..In inv/inv embryos, this system may function in reverse as a result of ectopic production of Lefty, which inhibits the Nodal signal on the left side in a manner dependent on leftward nodal flow. ..
- Iwasaki H, Mizuno S, Arinobu Y, Ozawa H, Mori Y, Shigematsu H, et al. The order of expression of transcription factors directs hierarchical specification of hematopoietic lineages. Genes Dev. 2006;20:3010-21 pubmed..We propose that the order of expression of key transcription factors is critical for their interplay to selectively drive lineage specification programs, by which stem cells could generate multiple lineage cells in a hierarchical manner...
- Ohno M, Aoki N, Sasaki H. Allele-specific detection of nascent transcripts by fluorescence in situ hybridization reveals temporal and culture-induced changes in Igf2 imprinting during pre-implantation mouse development. Genes Cells. 2001;6:249-59 pubmed..ASO-RNA-FISH is therefore a powerful technique for the study of allele-specific gene expression. ..
- Koda Y, Soejima M, Kimura H. Changing transcription start sites in H-type alpha(1,2)fucosyltransferase gene (FUT1) during differentiation of the human erythroid lineage. Eur J Biochem. 1998;256:379-87 pubmed..Thus, these repetitive sequences may play a role in the expression of the FUT1. ..
- Dejima K, Murata D, Mizuguchi S, Nomura K, Izumikawa T, Kitagawa H, et al. Two Golgi-resident 3'-Phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphosulfate transporters play distinct roles in heparan sulfate modifications and embryonic and larval development in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:24717-28 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that pst-1 and pst-2 play different physiological roles in heparan sulfate modification and development. ..