Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dendrites in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
- Hashimoto T, Yamada M, Maekawa S, Nakashima T, Miyata S. IgLON cell adhesion molecule Kilon is a crucial modulator for synapse number in hippocampal neurons. Brain Res. 2008;1224:1-11 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the alteration of modulatory function of Kilon for the number of dendritic synapses concomitant with changes in its localization and detergent solubility during neuronal culture development. ..
- Tagawa Y, Sawai H, Ueda Y, Tauchi M, Nakanishi S. Immunohistological studies of metabotropic glutamate receptor subtype 6-deficient mice show no abnormality of retinal cell organization and ganglion cell maturation. J Neurosci. 1999;19:2568-79 pubmed..Based on these findings, we discuss several possible mechanisms that may underlie ON-OFF segregation of RGCs. ..
- Miyata S, Taguchi K, Maekawa S. Dendrite-associated opioid-binding cell adhesion molecule localizes at neurosecretory granules in the hypothalamic magnocellular neurons. Neuroscience. 2003;122:169-81 pubmed..Moreover, the subcellular localization of OBCAM is changed in an activity-dependent manner. ..
- Fukumitsu K, Hatsukano T, Yoshimura A, Heuser J, Fujishima K, Kengaku M. Mitochondrial fission protein Drp1 regulates mitochondrial transport and dendritic arborization in cerebellar Purkinje cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2016;71:56-65 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that Drp1 is required for dendritic distribution of mitochondria and thereby regulates energy supply in growing dendritic branches in developing Purkinje cells. ..
- Yonekura J, Yokoi M. Conditional genetic labeling of mitral cells of the mouse accessory olfactory bulb to visualize the organization of their apical dendritic tufts. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:708-18 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications in how various chemical signals may be processed in the AOB. ..
- Asai H, Yokoyama S, Morita S, Maeda N, Miyata S. Functional difference of receptor-type protein tyrosine phosphatase zeta/beta isoforms in neurogenesis of hippocampal neurons. Neuroscience. 2009;164:1020-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present study demonstrates that two transmembranous RPTPzeta isoforms have different functions for regulating dendritogenesis and synaptogenesis. ..
- Miyata S, Nakatani Y, Hayashi N, Nakashima T. Matrix-degrading enzymes tissue plasminogen activator and matrix metalloprotease-3 in the hypothalamo-neurohypophysial system. Brain Res. 2005;1058:1-9 pubmed
- Kiyonaga Endou K, Oshima M, Sugimoto K, Thomas M, Taketani S, Araki M. Localization of Neurensin1 in cerebellar Purkinje cells of the developing chick and its possible function in dendrite formation. Brain Res. 2016;1635:113-20 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Neurensin1 is also involved in neural development in the chick brain and that the embryonic chick brain is a good model to disclose the molecular and physiological functions of Nrsn1. ..
- Mizoguchi A, Nakanishi H, Kimura K, Matsubara K, Ozaki Kuroda K, Katata T, et al. Nectin: an adhesion molecule involved in formation of synapses. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:555-65 pubmed..These results indicate an important role of the nectin-afadin system in the formation of synapses. ..
- Sato D, Sugimura K, Satoh D, Uemura T. Crossveinless-c, the Drosophila homolog of tumor suppressor DLC1, regulates directional elongation of dendritic branches via down-regulating Rho1 activity. Genes Cells. 2010;15:485-500 pubmed publisher..All of our results suggest that Cv-c contributes to sprouting and subsequent growth of the A-P-oriented branches through negative regulation of Rho1. We discuss a role of Cv-c in dendritic growth in response to environmental cues. ..
- Kuramoto K, Negishi M, Katoh H. Regulation of dendrite growth by the Cdc42 activator Zizimin1/Dock9 in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:1794-805 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results suggest that Zizimin1 plays an important role in dendrite growth in hippocampal neurons through activation of Cdc42. ..
- Satoh D, Sato D, Tsuyama T, Saito M, Ohkura H, Rolls M, et al. Spatial control of branching within dendritic arbors by dynein-dependent transport of Rab5-endosomes. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1164-71 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an important link between microtubule motors and endosomes in dendrite morphogenesis. ..
- Kuramoto H, Kadowaki M, Yamamoto T, Kuwano R. Calbindin is predominantly expressed in nitrergic neurons in rat esophagus. Neurosci Lett. 2006;401:174-7 pubmed..Therefore, the present study revealed that most of the Calb-IR neurons in the esophagus are nitrergic, and it suggested that the Calb-IR neurons might be primarily involved in interneuronal roles in the esophageal nervous system. ..
- Shimono K, Fujimoto A, Tsuyama T, Yamamoto Kochi M, Sato M, Hattori Y, et al. Multidendritic sensory neurons in the adult Drosophila abdomen: origins, dendritic morphology, and segment- and age-dependent programmed cell death. Neural Dev. 2009;4:37 pubmed publisher..Our study provides the basis on which we can investigate the genetic programs controlling dendritic remodeling and programmed cell death of adult neurons, and the life-long maintenance of dendritic arbors. ..
- Sugimura K, Yamamoto M, Niwa R, Satoh D, Goto S, Taniguchi M, et al. Distinct developmental modes and lesion-induced reactions of dendrites of two classes of Drosophila sensory neurons. J Neurosci. 2003;23:3752-60 pubmed..Finally, this inhibitory signaling appeared to play a central role when arbors of adjacent cells started meeting midway between the cells and until the body wall became partitioned into abutting, minimal-overlapping territories. ..
- Ohno M, Hiraoka Y, Matsuoka T, Tomimoto H, Takao K, Miyakawa T, et al. Nardilysin regulates axonal maturation and myelination in the central and peripheral nervous system. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1506-13 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these data, we propose that NRDc regulates axonal maturation and myelination in the CNS and PNS, in part, through the modulation of NRG1 shedding. ..
- Saito Y, Oinuma I, Fujimoto S, Negishi M. Plexin-B1 is a GTPase activating protein for M-Ras, remodelling dendrite morphology. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:614-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that Plexin-B1 is a dual functional GAP for R-Ras and M-Ras, remodelling axon and dendrite morphology, respectively. ..
- Hattori Y, Sugimura K, Uemura T. Selective expression of Knot/Collier, a transcriptional regulator of the EBF/Olf-1 family, endows the Drosophila sensory system with neuronal class-specific elaborated dendritic patterns. Genes Cells. 2007;12:1011-22 pubmed..Collectively, all of our results suggest that Kn exerts its cell-autonomous function to control the formation, and possibly the function, of class IV-like elaborated dendritic arbors. ..
- Yamamoto M, Ueda R, Takahashi K, Saigo K, Uemura T. Control of axonal sprouting and dendrite branching by the Nrg-Ank complex at the neuron-glia interface. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1678-83 pubmed..Thus, the neuron-glia interaction that is mediated by Nrg, together with Ank under some situations, contributes to axonal and dendritic morphogenesis. ..
- Terada S, Matsubara D, Onodera K, Matsuzaki M, Uemura T, Usui T. Neuronal processing of noxious thermal stimuli mediated by dendritic Ca(2+) influx in Drosophila somatosensory neurons. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The precipitous fluctuation of firing rate in Class IV neurons enhanced the robust heat avoidance. We hypothesize that the Ca(2+) influx can be a key signal encoding a specific modality. ..
- Kimura H, Usui T, Tsubouchi A, Uemura T. Potential dual molecular interaction of the Drosophila 7-pass transmembrane cadherin Flamingo in dendritic morphogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1118-29 pubmed..At a later stage, homophilic Fmi-binding at dendro-dendritic interfaces would elicit avoidance between dendritic terminals. ..
- Hattori Y, Usui T, Satoh D, Moriyama S, Shimono K, Itoh T, et al. Sensory-neuron subtype-specific transcriptional programs controlling dendrite morphogenesis: genome-wide analysis of Abrupt and Knot/Collier. Dev Cell. 2013;27:530-44 pubmed publisher..Our analyses illustrate how differentiating neurons employ distinct and shared repertoires of gene expression to produce class-selective morphological traits...