Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cytoskeleton in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
- Edamatsu M. Molecular properties of the N-terminal extension of the fission yeast kinesin-5, Cut7. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the N-terminal extension is not required for normal Cut7 intracellular localization or function, but alters the microtubule-binding properties of this protein in vitro. ..
- Tanaka H, Takasu E, Aigaki T, Kato K, Hayashi S, Nose A. Formin3 is required for assembly of the F-actin structure that mediates tracheal fusion in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2004;274:413-25 pubmed..These results suggested that Form3 plays a role in the F-actin assembly, which is essential for cellular rearrangement during tracheal fusion. ..
- Kondoh K, Nakata Y, Yamaoka T, Itakura M, Hayashi M, Yamada K, et al. Altered cellular immunity in transgenic mice with T cell-specific expression of human D4-guanine diphosphate-dissociation inhibitor (D4-GDI). Int Immunol. 2008;20:1299-311 pubmed publisher..D4-GDI may have important functions, such as induction of T cell migration, adhesion and/or proliferation in inflammatory foci, in cellular immunity responses to cytozoic pathogens. ..
- Ozawa E. Our trails and trials in the subsarcolemmal cytoskeleton network and muscular dystrophy researches in the dystrophin era. Proc Jpn Acad Ser B Phys Biol Sci. 2010;86:798-821 pubmed..In this review, I will try to explain what we observed and how we considered concerning the architecture and function of the dystrophin-DAP complex, and the pathomechanisms of DMD and related muscular dystrophies. ..
- Mori H, Tomari T, Koshikawa N, Kajita M, Itoh Y, Sato H, et al. CD44 directs membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase to lamellipodia by associating with its hemopexin-like domain. EMBO J. 2002;21:3949-59 pubmed..The PEX domain of MT1-MMP was indispensable in promoting cell migration and CD44H shedding. ..
- Huang J, Hamasaki H, Nakamoto T, Honda H, Hirai H, Saito M, et al. Differential regulation of cell migration, actin stress fiber organization, and cell transformation by functional domains of Crk-associated substrate. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27265-72 pubmed..Overall, differential uses of the Cas domains in individual biological processes were demonstrated. ..
- Noda Y, Sasaki S. Regulation of aquaporin-2 trafficking and its binding protein complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1758:1117-25 pubmed..In addition, a multiprotein "force generator" complex which directly binds to AQP2 has been discovered. This review summarizes recent advances related to the mechanism for AQP2 trafficking. ..
- Miyazaki T, Honda K, Ohata H. Requirement of Ca2+ influx- and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-mediated m-calpain activity for shear stress-induced endothelial cell polarity. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1216-25 pubmed..This activity is facilitated primarily through the PI3K pathway; furthermore, it is essential for subsequent FA reorganization and cell alignment under shear conditions. ..
- Nakano K, Mabuchi I. Actin-capping protein is involved in controlling organization of actin cytoskeleton together with ADF/cofilin, profilin and F-actin crosslinking proteins in fission yeast. Genes Cells. 2006;11:893-905 pubmed..In addition, CP is likely involved in assembling the F-actin contractile ring and F-actin patch with F-actin-crosslinking proteins. ..
- Tsujita K, Suetsugu S, Sasaki N, Furutani M, Oikawa T, Takenawa T. Coordination between the actin cytoskeleton and membrane deformation by a novel membrane tubulation domain of PCH proteins is involved in endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:269-79 pubmed..Furthermore, knockdown of endogenous FBP17 and CIP4 impaired endocytosis. Our data indicate that PCH protein family members couple membrane deformation to actin cytoskeleton reorganization in various cellular processes. ..
- Miyazaki A, Kato K, Nemoto S. Role of microtubules and centrosomes in the eccentric relocation of the germinal vesicle upon meiosis reinitiation in sea-cucumber oocytes. Dev Biol. 2005;280:237-47 pubmed..These observations suggest that microtubules and centrosomes participate in GV relocation. A very large mass of annulate lamellae, having a 20-microm diameter, was found in the vegetal pole of the oocytes. ..
- Kusui K, Sasaki H, Adachi R, Matsui S, Yamamoto K, Yamaguchi T, et al. Ribosomal protein S18 identified as a cofilin-binding protein by using phage display library. Mol Cell Biochem. 2004;262:187-93 pubmed..These results suggest that some cofilin molecules bind the ribosomal S18 protein under physiological conditions. ..
- Asai A, Okajima F, Nakagawa K, Ibusuki D, Tanimura K, Nakajima Y, et al. Phosphatidylcholine hydroperoxide-induced THP-1 cell adhesion to intracellular adhesion molecule-1. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:957-65 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PCOOH evokes LFA-1-mediated cell adhesion to ICAM-1 via actin cytoskeletal organization, and the mechanism may participate in monocyte adherence to the arterial wall in the initiation of atherosclerosis. ..
- Fukukawa C, Nagayama S, Tsunoda T, Toguchida J, Nakamura Y, Katagiri T. Activation of the non-canonical Dvl-Rac1-JNK pathway by Frizzled homologue 10 in human synovial sarcoma. Oncogene. 2009;28:1110-20 pubmed publisher..Our results have strongly implied that FZD10 transactivation causes the activation of the non-canonical Dvl-Rac1-JNK pathway and plays critical roles in the development/progression of synovial sarcomas. ..
- Sone M, Hoshino M, Suzuki E, Kuroda S, Kaibuchi K, Nakagoshi H, et al. Still life, a protein in synaptic terminals of Drosophila homologous to GDP-GTP exchangers. Science. 1997;275:543-7 pubmed..Thus, SIF proteins may regulate synaptic differentiation through the organization of the actin cytoskeleton by activating Rho-like GTPases. ..
- Suetsugu S, Miki H, Takenawa T. Identification of two human WAVE/SCAR homologues as general actin regulatory molecules which associate with the Arp2/3 complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;260:296-302 pubmed..Further, WAVE2 and WAVE3 associate with the Arp2/3 complex as does WAVE1. Our identification of WAVE homologues suggests that WAVE family proteins have general function for regulating the actin cytoskeleton in many tissues. ..
- Miyoshi H, Satoh S, Yamada E, Hamaguchi Y. Temporal change in local forces and total force all over the surface of the sea urchin egg during cytokinesis. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2006;63:208-21 pubmed
- Kanzawa N, Hoshino Y, Chiba M, Hoshino D, Kobayashi H, Kamasawa N, et al. Change in the actin cytoskeleton during seismonastic movement of Mimosa pudica. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:531-9 pubmed..We thus propose that the phosphorylation status of actin at tyrosine residues affects the dynamic reorganization of actin filaments and causes seismonastic movement...
- Kim Kaneyama J, Suzuki W, Ichikawa K, Ohki T, Kohno Y, Sata M, et al. Uni-axial stretching regulates intracellular localization of Hic-5 expressed in smooth-muscle cells in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:937-49 pubmed..These results suggested that Hic-5 was a mediator of tensional force, translocating directly from focal adhesions to actin stress fibers upon mechanical stress and regulating the contractile capability of cells in the stress fibers. ..
- Fukatsu K, Bannai H, Zhang S, Nakamura H, Inoue T, Mikoshiba K. Lateral diffusion of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 1 is regulated by actin filaments and 4.1N in neuronal dendrites. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48976-82 pubmed..These data suggest that 4.1N serves as a linker protein between IP3R1 and actin filaments. This actin filament-dependent regulation of IP3R1 diffusion may be important for the spatiotemporal regulation of intracellular Ca2+ signaling. ..
- Aizawa H, Katadae M, Maruya M, Sameshima M, Murakami Murofushi K, Yahara I. Hyperosmotic stress-induced reorganization of actin bundles in Dictyostelium cells over-expressing cofilin. Genes Cells. 1999;4:311-24 pubmed..Cofilin plays a pivotal role in concert with Aip1/Wrp2 in the reorganization of actin architectures into bundles that contract in a myosin-II-independent manner, in response to hyperosmotic stress. ..
- Makioka A, Kumagai M, Ohtomo H, Kobayashi S, Takeuchi T. Effect of jasplakinolide on the growth, encystation, and actin cytoskeleton of Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba invadens. J Parasitol. 2001;87:399-405 pubmed..The results suggest that aggregates are formed from the cortical flow of F-actin filaments, and that these filaments would normally be depolymerized but are artificially stabilized by jasplakinolide binding. ..
- Okabe T, Nakamura T, Nishimura Y, Kohu K, Ohwada S, Morishita Y, et al. RICS, a novel GTPase-activating protein for Cdc42 and Rac1, is involved in the beta-catenin-N-cadherin and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9920-7 pubmed..Thus, RICS may regulate dendritic spine morphology and strength by modulating Rho GTPases. ..
- Barrero R, Umeda M, Yamamura S, Uchimiya H. Arabidopsis CAP regulates the actin cytoskeleton necessary for plant cell elongation and division. Plant Cell. 2002;14:149-63 pubmed..Furthermore, an immunoprecipitation experiment suggested that AtCAP1 interacted with actin in vivo. Therefore, AtCAP1 may play a functional role in actin cytoskeleton networking that is essential for proper cell elongation and division. ..
- Hachiya N, Sakasegawa Y, Jozuka A, Tsukita S, Kaneko K. Interaction of D-lactate dehydrogenase protein 2 (Dld2p) with F-actin: implication for an alternative function of Dld2p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:78-82 pubmed..These properties suggest that Aip2p may interact with F-actin in vivo and play an important role in the yeast cell morphology. ..
- Wu W, Okamoto O, Kato A, Matsuo N, Nomizu M, Yoshioka H, et al. Dermatopontin regulates fibrin formation and its biological activity. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:256-263 pubmed publisher..In addition, the fibrin-DP complex might become useful for developing an improved artificial matrix for improving wound healing. ..
- Noda Y, Sasaki S. Trafficking mechanism of water channel aquaporin-2. Biol Cell. 2005;97:885-92 pubmed..This review summarizes recent advances related to the trafficking mechanisms of AQP2. ..
- Kawasaki Y, Tsuji S, Sagara M, Echizen K, Shibata Y, Akiyama T. Adenomatous polyposis coli and Asef function downstream of hepatocyte growth factor and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:22436-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Asef and APC function downstream of HGF and PI3-kinase, and play critical roles in growth factor-mediated regulation of cell morphology and migration. ..
- Yokoyama K, Tezuka T, Kotani M, Nakazawa T, Hoshina N, Shimoda Y, et al. NYAP: a phosphoprotein family that links PI3K to WAVE1 signalling in neurons. EMBO J. 2011;30:4739-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the NYAPs activate PI3K and concomitantly recruit the downstream effector WAVE complex to the close vicinity of PI3K and regulate neuronal morphogenesis. ..
- Matsuoka Y, Li X, Bennett V. Adducin: structure, function and regulation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2000;57:884-95 pubmed..Prominent physiological sites of regulation of adducin include dendritic spines of hippocampal neurons, platelets and growth cones of axons. ..
- Nakano K, Satoh K, Morimatsu A, Ohnuma M, Mabuchi I. Interactions among a fimbrin, a capping protein, and an actin-depolymerizing factor in organization of the fission yeast actin cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3515-26 pubmed..Finally, genetic studies suggested that Fim1 may function in cytokinesis in cooperation with Cdc15 (PSTPIP) and Rng2 (IQGAP), respectively. ..
- Isokawa K, Takagi M, Toda Y. Ultrastructural cytochemistry of aortic microfibrils in the Arctic lamprey, Lampetra japonica. Anat Rec. 1989;223:158-64 pubmed..These results indicate that lamprey aortic connective tissue contains microfibrils as elastic components, but deposition of amorphous elastin does not occur. ..
- Toyama Sorimachi N, Tsujimura Y, Maruya M, Onoda A, Kubota T, Koyasu S, et al. Ly49Q, a member of the Ly49 family that is selectively expressed on myeloid lineage cells and involved in regulation of cytoskeletal architecture. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:1016-21 pubmed..Thus, Ly49Q has unique features different from other known Ly49 family members and appears to be involved in regulation of cytoskeletal architecture of macrophages through ITIM-mediated signaling. ..
- Kubo Akashi C, Iseki M, Kwon S, Takizawa H, Takatsu K, Takaki S. Roles of a conserved family of adaptor proteins, Lnk, SH2-B, and APS, for mast cell development, growth, and functions: APS-deficiency causes augmented degranulation and reduced actin assembly. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;315:356-62 pubmed..Our results suggest potential roles of APS in controlling actin cytoskeleton and magnitude of degranulation in mast cells. ..
- Funato Y, Terabayashi T, Suenaga N, Seiki M, Takenawa T, Miki H. IRSp53/Eps8 complex is important for positive regulation of Rac and cancer cell motility/invasiveness. Cancer Res. 2004;64:5237-44 pubmed..These findings implicate the importance of the IRSp53/Eps8 complex in Rac activation and metastatic behavior of the malignant tumor cells. ..
- Itoh T, Watabe A, Toh e A, Matsui Y. Complex formation with Ypt11p, a rab-type small GTPase, is essential to facilitate the function of Myo2p, a class V myosin, in mitochondrial distribution in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7744-57 pubmed..These results indicate that complex formation of Ypt11p with Myo2p accelerates the function of Myo2p for mitochondrial distribution toward the bud. ..
- Sasaki T, Taoka M, Ishiguro K, Uchida A, Saito T, Isobe T, et al. In vivo and in vitro phosphorylation at Ser-493 in the glutamate (E)-segment of neurofilament-H subunit by glycogen synthase kinase 3beta. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36032-9 pubmed..GSK3beta in the spinal cord extract was associated with NF cytoskeletons. Taken together, we concluded that Ser-493 in the E-segment of NF-H is phosphorylated by GSK3beta in rat spinal cords. ..
- Zhong D, Saito F, Saito Y, Nakamura A, Shimizu T, Matsumura K. Characterization of the protease activity that cleaves the extracellular domain of beta-dystroglycan. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:867-71 pubmed..These results indicate (1) that RT4 cells secrete the protease activity that degrades the extracellular domain of betaDG specifically and (2) that MMP-2 and MMP-9 may be involved in this process. ..
- Miyajima D, Hayata T, Suzuki T, Hemmi H, Nakamoto T, Notomi T, et al. Profilin1 regulates sternum development and endochondral bone formation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33545-53 pubmed..These observations revealed that Pfn1 is a critical molecule for the skeletal development, and this could be at least in part associated with the retardation of cell migration. ..
- Kocic I, Hirano Y, Hiraoka M. Hypotonic stress increases efficacy of rilmakalim, but not pinacidil, to activate ATP-sensitive K(+) current in guinea pig ventricular myocytes. J Pharmacol Sci. 2004;95:189-95 pubmed..We conclude that osmotic stress increases efficacy of rilmakalim to activate K(ATP) channels in guinea pig ventricular myocytes due to the specific interaction with actin filaments...
- Matsuda Y, Ishiwata T, Kawamoto Y, Kawahara K, Peng W, Yamamoto T, et al. Morphological and cytoskeletal changes of pancreatic cancer cells in three-dimensional spheroidal culture. Med Mol Morphol. 2010;43:211-7 pubmed publisher..E-cadherin might be one of the key molecules involved in spheroid formation of PDAC cells. The 3D spheroidal culture system was a useful method for cell imaging with contrast-phase microscopy and confocal microscopy. ..
- Ohta Y, Suzuki N, Nakamura S, Hartwig J, Stossel T. The small GTPase RalA targets filamin to induce filopodia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2122-8 pubmed..RalA therefore is a downstream intermediate in Cdc42-mediated filopod production and uses filamin in this pathway. ..
- Miyazaki T, Honda K, Ohata H. m-Calpain antagonizes RhoA overactivation and endothelial barrier dysfunction under disturbed shear conditions. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:530-41 pubmed publisher..The m-calpain activity antagonizes DF-induced overactivation of RhoA/ROCK/LIMK2 signalling and subsequent cytoskeletal rearrangement in ECs, which leads to barrier improvement. ..
- Sagara M, Kawasaki Y, Iemura S, Natsume T, Takai Y, Akiyama T. Asef2 and Neurabin2 cooperatively regulate actin cytoskeletal organization and are involved in HGF-induced cell migration. Oncogene. 2009;28:1357-65 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Asef2, Neurabin2 and APC cooperatively regulate actin cytoskeletal organization and are required for HGF-induced cell migration. ..
- Oku T, Kaneko Y, Murofushi K, Seyama Y, Toyoshima S, Tsuji T. Phorbol ester-dependent phosphorylation regulates the association of p57/coronin-1 with the actin cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28918-25 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that the phosphorylation of p57/coronin-1 down-regulates its association with actin and modulates the reorganization of actin-containing cytoskeleton. ..
- Aizawa H, Kishi Y, Iida K, Sameshima M, Yahara I. Cofilin-2, a novel type of cofilin, is expressed specifically at aggregation stage of Dictyostelium discoideum development. Genes Cells. 2001;6:913-21 pubmed..We also found that cofilin-2 did not rescue Deltacof1 yeast cells, whereas cofilin-1 did. Cofilin-2 may play a distinct role from that of cofilin-1 in destabilization of the actin cytoskeleton during Dictyostelium development. ..
- Bai C, Ohsugi M, Abe Y, Yamamoto T. ZRP-1 controls Rho GTPase-mediated actin reorganization by localizing at cell-matrix and cell-cell adhesions. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2828-37 pubmed..Taken together, we conclude that that ZRP-1 plays a crucial role in coupling the cell-matrix/cell-cell-contact signals with Rho GTPase-mediated actin remodeling by localizing at cell-matrix and cell-cell contact sites...
- Nakamura I, Kadono Y, Takayanagi H, Jimi E, Miyazaki T, Oda H, et al. IL-1 regulates cytoskeletal organization in osteoclasts via TNF receptor-associated factor 6/c-Src complex. J Immunol. 2002;168:5103-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that IL-1 signals feed into the tyrosine kinase pathways through a TRAF6-Src molecular complex, which regulates the cytoskeletal reorganization essential for osteoclast activation. ..
- Shiraishi Y, Mizutani A, Bito H, Fujisawa K, Narumiya S, Mikoshiba K, et al. Cupidin, an isoform of Homer/Vesl, interacts with the actin cytoskeleton and activated rho family small GTPases and is expressed in developing mouse cerebellar granule cells. J Neurosci. 1999;19:8389-400 pubmed
- Sato T, Sato Harada R, Takano M, Kato S, Saburi S, Harada A. Localization of cAMP-dependent protein kinase in the actin and microtubule cytoskeletons in mouse hippocampal neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2002;325:83-6 pubmed..This result indicates that PKA is anchored to the actin and MT cytoskeletons, and disruption of F-actin releases PKA to the cytoplasm, which then leads to an increase in the amount of PKA in MT domains in the neuron. ..
- Eto N, Wada T, Inagi R, Takano H, Shimizu A, Kato H, et al. Podocyte protection by darbepoetin: preservation of the cytoskeleton and nephrin expression. Kidney Int. 2007;72:455-63 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that darbepoetin treatment ameliorates podocyte injury and decreases proteinuria by a direct effect on podocytes. This may be accomplished by maintenance of the actin cytoskeleton and nephrin expression. ..
- Ichikawa D, Mizuno M, Yamamura T, Miyake S. GRAIL (gene related to anergy in lymphocytes) regulates cytoskeletal reorganization through ubiquitination and degradation of Arp2/3 subunit 5 and coronin 1A. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:43465-74 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that GRAIL regulates proteins involved in the actin cytoskeletal organization, thereby maintaining the unresponsive state of anergic T cells. ..
- Fujita I, Yamashita A, Yamamoto M. Contribution of dynein light intermediate and intermediate chains to subcellular localization of the dynein-dynactin motor complex in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genes Cells. 2010;15:359-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dli1p and Dic1p contribute differently in localizing the dynein-dynactin motor complex to organelles, providing novel insight into the in vivo function of dynein subunits in fission yeast. ..
- Nakano K, Mutoh T, Mabuchi I. Characterization of GTPase-activating proteins for the function of the Rho-family small GTPases in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genes Cells. 2001;6:1031-42 pubmed..In S. pombe, Rga1 is involved in the F-actin patch localization, cell morphogenesis, regulation of septation, and cell wall synthesis, probably functioning as a GAP for the function of Rho1. ..
- Honda K, Yamada T, Hayashida Y, Idogawa M, Sato S, Hasegawa F, et al. Actinin-4 increases cell motility and promotes lymph node metastasis of colorectal cancer. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:51-62 pubmed..038). Actinin-4 actively increases cell motility and promotes lymph node metastasis of colorectal cancer. ..
- Miyakawa Y, Oda A, Druker B, Ozaki K, Handa M, Ohashi H, et al. Thrombopoietin and thrombin induce tyrosine phosphorylation of Vav in human blood platelets. Blood. 1997;89:2789-98 pubmed..Our data suggest that thrombopoietin and other agonists may induce tyrosine phosphorylation of Vav by different mechanisms and Vav may also be involved in signaling during platelet aggregation by its redistribution to the cytoskeleton. ..
- Yahara I, Aizawa H, Moriyama K, Iida K, Yonezawa N, Nishida E, et al. A role of cofilin/destrin in reorganization of actin cytoskeleton in response to stresses and cell stimuli. Cell Struct Funct. 1996;21:421-4 pubmed..Functional roles of cofilin/actin in the nucleus remain to be elucidated. 7. Tertiary structure of destrin (cofilin) resembles that of gelsolin segment 1 and well explains its functions such as Ca(2+)-independent actin binding activity. ..
- Ohira K, Kumanogoh H, Sahara Y, Homma K, Hirai H, Nakamura S, et al. A truncated tropomyosin-related kinase B receptor, T1, regulates glial cell morphology via Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor 1. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1343-53 pubmed..Therefore, these findings indicate that the T1 signaling cascade can alter astrocytic morphology via regulation of Rho GTPase activity. ..
- Kobayashi K, Tsubosaka Y, Hori M, Narumiya S, Ozaki H, Murata T. Prostaglandin D2-DP signaling promotes endothelial barrier function via the cAMP/PKA/Tiam1/Rac1 pathway. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:565-71 pubmed publisher..PGD(2)-DP signaling reduces vascular permeability both in vivo and in vitro. This phenomenon is mediated by cAMP/PKA/Tiam1-dependent Epac1-independent Rac1 activation and subsequent enhancement of adherens junction in endothelial cell. ..
- Nakamura I, Takahashi N, Udagawa N, Moriyama Y, Kurokawa T, Jimi E, et al. Lack of vacuolar proton ATPase association with the cytoskeleton in osteoclasts of osteosclerotic (oc/oc) mice. FEBS Lett. 1997;401:207-12 pubmed..Moreover, in renal proximal convoluted tubules of oc/oc mice, the basal striation did not form. These results suggest that osteosclerosis in oc/oc mice is possibly due to the dissociation of V-ATPase and cytoskeleton in osteoclasts. ..
- Tsutsumi T, Tokumura A, Kitazawa S. Undifferentiated HL-60 cells internalize an antitumor alkyl ether phospholipid more rapidly than resistant K562 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1390:73-84 pubmed..c) 1998 Elsevier Science B.V...
- Naoe H, Araki K, Nagano O, Kobayashi Y, Ishizawa J, Chiyoda T, et al. The anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome activator Cdh1 modulates Rho GTPase by targeting p190 RhoGAP for degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3994-4005 pubmed publisher..Our data revealed a novel function for Cdh1 as a regulator of Rho and provided insights into the role of Cdh1 in cell cytoskeleton organization and cell motility. ..
- Tonami K, Kurihara Y, Aburatani H, Uchijima Y, Asano T, Kurihara H. Calpain 6 is involved in microtubule stabilization and cytoskeletal organization. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2548-61 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Capn6 is a microtubule-stabilizing protein expressed in embryonic tissues that may be involved in the regulation of microtubule dynamics and cytoskeletal organization. ..
- Sekine Y, Nishibori Y, Akimoto Y, Kudo A, Ito N, Fukuhara D, et al. Amino acid transporter LAT3 is required for podocyte development and function. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1586-96 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that LAT3 may play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of podocyte structure and function by regulating protein synthesis and the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Uchida K, Suzuki K, Iwamoto M, Kawachi H, Ohno M, Horita S, et al. Decreased tyrosine phosphorylation of nephrin in rat and human nephrosis. Kidney Int. 2008;73:926-32 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that tyrosine phosphorylation of nephrin by regulating F-actin formation may be important for the maintenance of normal podocyte morphology and function...
- Matsuzawa T, Kuwae A, Yoshida S, Sasakawa C, Abe A. Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli activates the RhoA signaling pathway via the stimulation of GEF-H1. EMBO J. 2004;23:3570-82 pubmed..This report reveals for the first time that a pathogen can exploit the host factor GEF-H1...
- Yamada Y, Sameshima M. Cell shape regulation and co-translocation of actin and adenosyl homocysteinase in response to intermediate hypertonicity. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2004;238:417-22 pubmed..On the other hand, mutant analysis suggested that neither cGMP signaling nor conventional myosin is required. ..
- Yageta M, Kuramochi M, Masuda M, Fukami T, Fukuhara H, Maruyama T, et al. Direct association of TSLC1 and DAL-1, two distinct tumor suppressor proteins in lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2002;62:5129-33 pubmed..These findings, together with frequent loss of their expression in lung cancers, suggest that TSLC1 and DAL-1 play a critical role in the same pathway involved in the suppression of lung tumor formation and metastasis. ..