Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on color in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
- Iizaka S, Jiao L, Sugama J, Minematsu T, Oba M, Matsuo J, et al. Evaluation of nutritional status and skin condition among elderly residents in a long-term care hospital. J Nutr Health Aging. 2012;16:107-11 pubmed..013). Both b* and ITA° showed the area under the receiver operating characteristic curve of 0.64 to 0.80 for weight loss >2% over 1 month. Residents with poorer nutritional status had yellower and darker skin color. ..
- Hatakeyama R, Nakahama T, Higuchi Y, Kitamoto K. Light represses conidiation in koji mold Aspergillus oryzae. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1844-9 pubmed..The results indicate that A. oryzae perceives and responds to red light in a manner independent of the transcriptional regulation of these genes. ..
- Kurioka A, Kurioka F, Yamazaki M. Characterization of sericin powder prepared from citric acid-degraded sericin polypeptides of the silkworm, Bombyx Mori. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:774-80 pubmed..Similar powder materials were obtained when such organic acids as tartaric acid and succinic acid were used. These results suggest that the acid-degraded sericin polypeptides work as a protein matrix to which CSTI-IV may bind ionically. ..
- Imamura S, Takahashi H, Hayakawa I, Loyaga Rendon P, Minakuchi S. Effect of filler type and polishing on the discoloration of composite resin artificial teeth. Dent Mater J. 2008;27:802-8 pubmed..On the contrary, the influences of filler type and discoloration medium, and their interaction thereof, were significant. With unsilanized filler, the delta E value of composite resin artificial teeth was significantly increased. ..
- Kikuyama S, Hasunuma I, Toyoda F, Haraguchi S, Tsutsui K. Hormone-mediated reproductive behavior in the red-bellied newt. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1163:179-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, PRL, AVT, androgen, estrogen, and the neurosteroid, 7alpha-hydroxypregnenolone, are considered to be important factors for the performance of reproductive behavior in the red-bellied newt. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Watanabe I, Hayakawa I, Minakuchi S, Uchida T. Evaluations of masticatory performance of complete denture wearers using color-changeable chewing gum and other evaluating methods. J Med Dent Sci. 2007;54:65-70 pubmed
- Watanabe H, Homae F, Taga G. General to specific development of functional activation in the cerebral cortexes of 2- to 3-month-old infants. Neuroimage. 2010;50:1536-44 pubmed publisher..This result suggests that functional cortical regions emerge between 2 and 3 months of age for visual perception. ..
- Hirano T, Nagai H, Matsuhashi T, Hasumi Y, Iwano S, Ito K, et al. Spectroscopic studies of the color modulation mechanism of firefly (beetle) bioluminescence with amino-analogs of luciferin and oxyluciferin. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2012;11:1281-4 pubmed publisher..Fluorescence solvatochromic character of aminooxyluciferin analogs indicates that the bioluminescence of aminoluciferin is useful for evaluating the polarity of a luciferase active site. ..
- Tsuboi H, Yamashita H, Wada M. Chloroplasts do not have a polarity for light-induced accumulation movement. J Plant Res. 2009;122:131-40 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the lag time for direction change toward the second microbeam in Adiantum was longer in the red light than in the blue light. However, the reason for this discrepancy is not yet understood...
- Shiraki T, Kojima D, Fukada Y. Light-induced body color change in developing zebrafish. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2010;9:1498-504 pubmed publisher..We also discussed the putative role(s) of opsin-type photoreceptive molecules in the light-induced body color change of the larval zebrafish. ..
- Nishimoto Y, Otsuki M, Yamauti M, Eguchi T, Sato Y, Foxton R, et al. Effect of pulse duration of Er: YAG laser on dentin ablation. Dent Mater J. 2008;27:433-9 pubmed..When the specimens were cross-sectioned, the ablated dentin had a dome shape and there was a dark layer under the irradiated surface. ..
- Kurata S, Hirano H, Nagai M. Development of micromarkers with various photoluminescence colors as tracers for shadowing pursuits. Anal Sci. 2008;24:193-200 pubmed..The markers were non-destructively identified using a microscopic FT-IR spectrometer and a microscopic spectrometer equipped with a fluorescence detector. ..
- Kamiyama M, Kanazawa M, Fujinami Y, Minakuchi S. Validity and reliability of a Self-Implementable method to evaluate masticatory performance: use of color-changeable chewing gum and a color scale. J Prosthodont Res. 2010;54:24-8 pubmed publisher..88 for all three groups. This research confirmed the validity and reliability of colorimetric analysis of color-changeable chewing gum using a color scale as a Self-Implementable method of evaluating masticatory performance. ..
- Tanaka T, Saeki T, Sunaga Y, Matsunaga T. High-content analysis of single cells directly assembled on CMOS sensor based on color imaging. Biosens Bioelectron. 2010;26:1460-5 pubmed publisher..Our proposed approach will be a promising technique for real-time and high-content analysis of single cells in a large-field area based on color imaging. ..
- Chui C, Hiratsuka K, Aoki A, Takeuchi Y, Abiko Y, Izumi Y. Blue LED inhibits the growth of Porphyromonas gingivalis by suppressing the expression of genes associated with DNA replication and cell division. Lasers Surg Med. 2012;44:856-64 pubmed publisher..We therefore investigated the effect of blue LED irradiation on the growth of Porphyromonas gingivalis compared with the effects of red LED...
- Mizuno T, Yabuya T, Kitajima J, Iwashina T. Identification of novel C-glycosylflavones and their contribution to flower colour of the Dutch iris cultivars. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;72:116-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it was confirmed that isolated flavones contribute to blueness due to intermolecular co-pigmentation with anthocyanins...