Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cohort studies in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: cohort studies
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- Ishihara J, Inoue M, Iwasaki M, Sasazuki S, Tsugane S. Dietary calcium, vitamin D, and the risk of colorectal cancer. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;88:1576-83 pubmed publisher..Calcium and vitamin D have a potential protective effect against colorectal cancer...
- Sugawara A, Nakashima J, Shigematsu N, Kunieda E, Kubo A. Prediction of seed migration after transperineal interstitial prostate brachytherapy with I-125 free seeds. Brachytherapy. 2009;8:52-6 pubmed publisher..The number of seeds implanted and the presence or absence of PAI provide the most predictive information on seed migration. ..
- Okamura T, Nakamura K, Hayakawa T, Kanda H, Miura K, Okayama A, et al. [Effect of cardiovascular risk factors on individual and population medical expenditures: a 10-year cohort study of 4,535 National Health Insurance beneficiaries in Shiga]. Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi. 2012;67:38-43 pubmed..Another way to solve this problem may be a population approach with an effective method of providing information to citizens. ..
- Ishiguro S, Inoue M, Kurahashi N, Iwasaki M, Sasazuki S, Tsugane S. Risk factors of biliary tract cancer in a large-scale population-based cohort study in Japan (JPHC study); with special focus on cholelithiasis, body mass index, and their effect modification. Cancer Causes Control. 2008;19:33-41 pubmed..Cholelithiasis was confirmed to be associated with the risk of biliary tract cancer, both gallbladder and extrahepatic bile duct cancer. Obesity may increase the risk of extrahepatic bile duct cancer only, independent of cholelithiasis. ..
- Asahina Y, Tsuchiya K, Nishimura T, Muraoka M, Suzuki Y, Tamaki N, et al. Î±-fetoprotein levels after interferon therapy and risk of hepatocarcinogenesis in chronic hepatitis C. Hepatology. 2013;58:1253-62 pubmed publisher..Measurement of these values is useful for predicting future HCC risk after IFN treatment. Suppression of these values after IFN therapy reduces HCC risk even in patients without HCV eradication. ..
- Ishizawa K, Babazono T, Horiba Y, Nakajima J, Takasaki K, Miura J, et al. The relationship between depressive symptoms and diabetic complications in elderly patients with diabetes: Analysis using the Diabetes Study from the Center of Tokyo Women's Medical University (DIACET). J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:597-602 pubmed publisher..05). Significant relationships were found between depression severity and chronic diabetic complications among elderly Japanese patients with diabetes. ..
- Ikeda S, Sasazuki S, Natsukawa S, Shaura K, Koizumi Y, Kasuga Y, et al. Screening of 214 single nucleotide polymorphisms in 44 candidate cancer susceptibility genes: a case-control study on gastric and colorectal cancers in the Japanese population. Am J Gastroenterol. 2008;103:1476-87 pubmed publisher..05). The findings of the present study will be the basis for future large-scale association studies of gene-environment factors using the candidate gene approach for the Japanese population. ..
- Hanafusa S, Chanyasanha C, Sujirarat D, Khuankhunsathid I, Yaguchi A, Suzuki T. Clinical features and differences between child and adult dengue infections in Rayong Province, southeast Thailand. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2008;39:252-9 pubmed..Adults showed some different clinical manifestations of dengue infection from children. It is necessary for health personnel to take these differences into consideration when seeing probable cases of dengue infection. ..
- Yamamoto T, Yamamoto N, Doi K, Oshima A, Yoshimatsu H, Todokoro T, et al. Indocyanine green-enhanced lymphography for upper extremity lymphedema: a novel severity staging system using dermal backflow patterns. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;128:941-7 pubmed publisher..Indocyanine green lymphography is becoming a method of choice for evaluation of lymphedema...
- Iwamoto J, Takeda T. Effect of surgical treatment on physical activity and bone resorption in patients with neurogenic intermittent claudication. J Orthop Sci. 2002;7:84-90 pubmed..Surgical treatment may contribute to the prevention of physical inactivity-induced osteoporosis in elderly patients with neurogenic intermittent claudication caused by degenerative lumbar disease. ..
- Haro H, Komori H, Okawa A, Shinomiya K. Surgical treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy associated with athetoid cerebral palsy. J Orthop Sci. 2002;7:629-36 pubmed
- Hase H, Tsunoda T, Tanaka Y, Takahashi Y, Imamura Y, Ishikawa H, et al. Risk factors for de novo acute cardiac events in patients initiating hemodialysis with no previous cardiac symptom. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1142-8 pubmed
- Ikeda T, Yoshino H, Sugi K, Tanno K, Shimizu H, Watanabe J, et al. Predictive value of microvolt T-wave alternans for sudden cardiac death in patients with preserved cardiac function after acute myocardial infarction: results of a collaborative cohort study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;48:2268-74 pubmed..Microvolt TWA could be used for risk stratification in this low-risk population. ..
- Ishibashi T, Ikegami N. Should the provision of home help services be contained?: validation of the new preventive care policy in Japan. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:224 pubmed publisher..No evidence was obtained to support the effectiveness of the policy of promoting day care services and containing home help services for those requiring light care. ..
- Kondo Y, Higashi C, Iwama M, Ishihara K, Handa S, Mugita H, et al. Bioavailability of vitamin C from mashed potatoes and potato chips after oral administration in healthy Japanese men. Br J Nutr. 2012;107:885-92 pubmed publisher..Upon human consumption, mashed potatoes and potato chips provide VC content that is effectively absorbed in the intestine and transferred to the blood. Clearly, potatoes are a readily available source of dietary VC. ..
- Kobayashi S, Asakura K, Suga H, Sasaki S. High protein intake is associated with low prevalence of frailty among old Japanese women: a multicenter cross-sectional study. Nutr J. 2013;12:164 pubmed publisher..The association of total protein with frailty may be observed regardless of the source of protein and the amino acid composing the protein. ..
- Seichi A, Takeshita K, Kawaguchi H, Nakajima S, Akune T, Nakamura K. Postoperative expansion of intramedullary high-intensity areas on T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging after cervical laminoplasty. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2004;29:1478-82; discussion 1482 pubmed
- Hosoya M, Nunoi H, Aoyama M, Kawasaki Y, Suzuki H. Cytochrome c and tumor necrosis factor-alpha values in serum and cerebrospinal fluid of patients with influenza-associated encephalopathy. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005;24:467-70 pubmed..In the convalescent phase, cerebrospinal fluid cytochrome c values increased remarkably in patients with subsequent brain atrophy. ..
- Kanagawa Y, Matsumoto S, Koike S, Tajima B, Fukiwake N, Shibata S, et al. Association of clinical findings in Yusho patients with serum concentrations of polychlorinated biphenyls, polychlorinated quarterphenyls and 2,3,4,7,8-pentachlorodibenzofuran more than 30 years after the poisoning event. Environ Health. 2008;7:47 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the co-contaminants may affect other functions than those originally associated with Yusho. ..
- Tamez S, Norizoe C, Ochiai K, Takahashi D, Shimojima A, Tsutsumi Y, et al. Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and prognosis of patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:1957-60 pubmed publisher..008; adjusted hazard ratio, 0.18; 95%CI 0.05-0.61; P = 0.006). These results suggest that the VDR polymorphisms from the FokI genotype may be associated with improved prognosis of patients with EOC. ..
- Suzuki M, Yoshioka M, Hashimoto M, Murakami M, Kawasaki K, Noya M, et al. 25-hydroxyvitamin D, vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms, and severity of Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2012;27:264-71 pubmed publisher..However, significant associations were not observed in 1,25-hydroxyvitamin D levels. ..
- Ono H, Nakatomi H, Tsutsumi K, Inoue T, Teraoka A, Yoshimoto Y, et al. Symptomatic recurrence of intracranial arterial dissections: follow-up study of 143 consecutive cases and pathological investigation. Stroke. 2013;44:126-31 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of this triphasic recurrence and corresponding histopathological characteristics help determine the treatment and follow-up strategy for IAD patients. ..
- Kanamori S, Kai Y, Kondo K, Hirai H, Ichida Y, Suzuki K, et al. Participation in sports organizations and the prevention of functional disability in older Japanese: the AGES Cohort Study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51061 pubmed publisher..In addition, participation in a sports organization correlates positively with social networks, which may lead to a small decrease in incident functional disability. ..
- Miyake M, Yamashiro K, Nakanishi H, Nakata I, Akagi Kurashige Y, Tsujikawa A, et al. Insulin-like growth factor 1 is not associated with high myopia in a large Japanese cohort. Mol Vis. 2013;19:1074-81 pubmed..To investigate whether genetic variations in the insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) gene are associated with high myopia in Japanese...
- Miot C, Imai K, Imai C, Mancini A, Kucuk Z, Kawai T, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in 29 patients hemizygous for hypomorphic IKBKG/NEMO mutations. Blood. 2017;130:1456-1467 pubmed publisher..Transplantation did not appear to cure colitis, possibly as a result of cell-intrinsic disorders of the epithelial barrier. Overall, HSCT can cure most clinical features of patients with a variety of IKBKG mutations. ..
- Nakamura M, Ishii K, Watanabe K, Tsuji T, Takaishi H, Matsumoto M, et al. Surgical treatment of intramedullary spinal cord tumors: prognosis and complications. Spinal Cord. 2008;46:282-6 pubmed..Predictors of good surgical outcome for intramedullary spinal cord tumors were histological grades of the tumors, surgical margins, and neurological status of the patient before surgery. ..
- Arase Y, Suzuki F, Ikeda K, Kumada H, Tsuji H, Kobayashi T. Multivariate analysis of risk factors for the development of type 2 diabetes in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:1064-70 pubmed publisher..25-2.00; P < 0.001). The improvement of prediabetes status and physical activity, and the normalization of mean GGT and TG levels during follow up are important to prevent the development of T2DM in patients with NAFLD. ..
- Shirasugi Y, Ando K, Hashino S, Nagasawa T, Kurata Y, Kishimoto Y, et al. A phase II, open-label, sequential-cohort, dose-escalation study of romiplostim in Japanese patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:157-165 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, a starting dose of 3 microg/kg was recommended for phase III evaluation of romiplostim in Japanese patients with chronic ITP. ..
- Matsumoto K, Kikuchi E, Horiguchi Y, Tanaka N, Miyajima A, Nakagawa K, et al. Late recurrence and progression in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancers after 5-year tumor-free periods. Urology. 2010;75:1385-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, some of the high-risk patients experienced late progression with a high degree of malignant behavior, suggesting longer follow-up is needed for each patient. ..
- Tanaka A, Invernizzi P, Ohira H, Kikuchi K, Nezu S, Kosoy R, et al. Replicated association of 17q12-21 with susceptibility of primary biliary cirrhosis in a Japanese cohort. Tissue Antigens. 2011;78:65-8 pubmed publisher..0024, P(c) = 0.017) after correction for multiple comparisons. Thus, these results indicate a haplotype on 17q12-21 with a similar association in Japanese and European PBC. ..
- Honda M, Wakita T, Onishi Y, Nunobe S, Miura A, Nishigori T, et al. Development and Validation of a Disease-Specific Instrument to Measure Diet-Targeted Quality of Life for Postoperative Patients with Esophagogastric Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S848-54 pubmed publisher..The EGQ-D scale has good contents and psychometric validity and can be used to evaluate disease-specific instrument to measure diet-targeted quality of life for postoperative patients with esophagogastric cancer. ..
- Niikura R, Yamada A, Nagata N, Kobayashi Y, Okamoto M, Mitsuno Y, et al. New predictive model of rebleeding during follow-up of patents with obscure gastrointestinal bleeding: A multicenter cohort study. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;31:752-60 pubmed publisher..The cumulative incidence of rebleeding at 12 and 60â€‰months was 11.0% and 35.3%, respectively. Five factors enable prediction of not only rebleeding but also transfusion requirements, length of stay, and death in OGIB patients. ..
- Sakai R, Taguri M, Oshima K, Mori T, Ago H, Adachi S, et al. A comparison of tacrolimus and cyclosporine combined with methotrexate for graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis, stratified by stem cell source: a retrospective nationwide survey. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:322-33 pubmed publisher..63, P = 0.027) and chronic GVHD (HR 0.60, P = 0.02) without significant effects on grade II-IV aGVHD (HR 0.83, P = 0.21). Our results may provide the most up-to-date data regarding GVHD prevention in Japan. ..
- Akter S, Kurotani K, Sato M, Hayashi T, Kuwahara K, Matsushita Y, et al. High Serum Phospholipid Dihomo-?-Linoleic Acid Concentration and Low ?5-Desaturase Activity Are Associated with Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes among Japanese Adults in the Hitachi Health Study. J Nutr. 2017;147:1558-1566 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusions: T2D risk was associated with circulating concentrations of the n-6 PUFA dihomo-?-linoleic acid and ?5-desaturase activity but not with n-3 PUFA or SFA concentrations in Japanese adults. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Fujino Y, Watanabe M, Takahashi M, Nakagawa T, Takeuchi A, et al. Validation of the prognostic value of histopathological grading or c-kit mutation in canine cutaneous mast cell tumours: a retrospective cohort study. Vet J. 2013;196:492-8 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the Kiupel grading system is a useful prognostic tool for canine cutaneous MCTs in predicting OS and PFS, while the occurrence of ITD-Exon11 appeared to be a useful predictor for PFS. ..
- Sato K, Sasaki T, Nakamura T, Toyama Y, Ikegami H. Clinical outcome and histologic findings of costal osteochondral grafts for cartilage defects in finger joints. J Hand Surg Am. 2008;33:511-5 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to review our series of costal osteochondral grafts in order to determine the practicality, effectiveness, and functionality of this grafting technique in a clinical setting...
- Akhter M, Inoue M, Kurahashi N, Iwasaki M, Sasazuki S, Tsugane S. Reproductive factors, exogenous female hormone use and colorectal cancer risk: the Japan Public Health Center-based Prospective Study. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2008;17:515-24 pubmed publisher..59). In contrast, no statistically significant association was found for rectal cancer. These findings suggest that late age at first birth is associated with a reduced risk of colon cancer in postmenopausal Japanese women. ..
- Okada E, Matsumoto M, Ichihara D, Chiba K, Toyama Y, Fujiwara H, et al. Aging of the cervical spine in healthy volunteers: a 10-year longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:706-12 pubmed publisher..No factor related to progression of degeneration of cervical spine was identified except for age. ..
- Fujiwara T, Hiramatsu M, Isagawa T, Ninomiya H, Inamura K, Ishikawa S, et al. ASCL1-coexpression profiling but not single gene expression profiling defines lung adenocarcinomas of neuroendocrine nature with poor prognosis. Lung Cancer. 2012;75:119-25 pubmed publisher..Co-expression gene set with ASCL1, rather than single NE gene expression, successfully identifies an NE subtype of lung adenocarcinoma with poor prognosis. ..
- Nakamura M, Yamashita T, Yajima J, Oikawa Y, Ogasawara K, Sagara K, et al. Clinical outcome after acute coronary syndrome in Japanese patients: an observational cohort study. J Cardiol. 2010;55:69-76 pubmed publisher..10, 95% CI 1.011-1.119) and congestive heart failure on admission (HR 20.0, 95% CI 2.439-164.4) in STEMI. The present study identified long-term mortality, morbidity, and predictors of adverse events for Japanese patients with ACS. ..
- Matsuda Y, Hayashi K, Shiozaki A, Kawamichi Y, Satoh S, Saito S. Comparison of risk factors for placental abruption and placenta previa: case-cohort study. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2011;37:538-46 pubmed publisher..RR 2.0 and 4.08, respectively). The case-cohort study technique elucidated the difference in the risk factors for placental abruption and placenta previa. ..
- Kataoka Y, Eto H, Iida M. Outcomes of independent midwifery attended births in birth centres and home births: a retrospective cohort study in Japan. Midwifery. 2013;29:965-72 pubmed publisher..A birth registry system would provide us with more accurate and complete information of all childbirths with which to evaluate the safety of independent Japanese midwives. ..
- Shimada H, Suzukawa M, Tiedemann A, Kobayashi K, Yoshida H, Suzuki T. Which neuromuscular or cognitive test is the optimal screening tool to predict falls in frail community-dwelling older people?. Gerontology. 2009;55:532-8 pubmed publisher..When feasibility and validity were considered, the CWS was the best test for use as a screening tool in frail older people, however, these preliminary results require confirmation in further research. ..
- Goto H, Inukai T, Inoue H, Ogawa C, Fukushima T, Yabe M, et al. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia and Down syndrome: the collaborative study of the Tokyo Children's Cancer Study Group and the Kyushu Yamaguchi Children's Cancer Study Group. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:192-198 pubmed publisher..Results of our preliminary study suggest that the survival of DS-ALL patients could be improved by treatment without dose reduction if possible, although the appropriate dose of methotrexate for DS-ALL needs to be determined. ..
- Miyazaki Y, Tateishi T, Akashi T, Ohtani Y, Inase N, Yoshizawa Y. Clinical predictors and histologic appearance of acute exacerbations in chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Chest. 2008;134:1265-1270 pubmed publisher..The present study showed several predictive factors for AE at the time of diagnosis. Low TLC and Dlco, low lymphocyte levels in BAL fluid, and a UIP-like pattern in histology at the time of diagnosis may be the risk factors for AE. ..
- Shinozaki E, Yoshino T, Yamazaki K, Muro K, Yamaguchi K, Nishina T, et al. Clinical significance of BRAF non-V600E mutations on the therapeutic effects of anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody treatment in patients with pretreated metastatic colorectal cancer: the Biomarker Research for anti-EGFR monoclonal Antibodies by Comprehens. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1450-1458 pubmed publisher..However, it is unclear whether BRAF mutations other than BRAFV600E (BRAFnon-V600E mutations) contribute to anti-EGFR antibody resistance...
- Kobayashi T, Teruya M, Kishiki T, Endo D, Takenaka Y, Miki K, et al. Elevated C-reactive protein and hypoalbuminemia measured before resection of colorectal liver metastases predict postoperative survival. Dig Surg. 2010;27:285-90 pubmed publisher..83) and GPS1/2 (relative risk 3.07). GPS measured before operation and the number of liver metastases may be used as novel predictors of postoperative outcomes in patients who underwent curative resection for CRLM. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Yamamoto S, Fujita S, Akasu T, Moriya Y. Long-term outcome of metachronous rectal cancer following ileorectal anastomosis for familial adenomatous polyposis. J Gastrointest Surg. 2010;14:500-5 pubmed publisher..Total colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis (IRA) for familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) carries a potential risk of metachronous cancer in the residual rectum. This study evaluated the risk of cancer development in the residual rectum...
- Ono M, Miki N, Amano K, Kawamata T, Seki T, Makino R, et al. Individualized high-dose cabergoline therapy for hyperprolactinemic infertility in women with micro- and macroprolactinomas. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:2672-9 pubmed publisher..Cabergoline monotherapy could substitute for the conventional combination therapy of pregestational surgery or irradiation plus bromocriptine in macroprolactinomas. ..
- Suzuki T, Ikari K, Yano K, Inoue E, Toyama Y, Taniguchi A, et al. PADI4 and HLA-DRB1 are genetic risks for radiographic progression in RA patients, independent of ACPA status: results from the IORRA cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61045 pubmed publisher..The results of this study give important knowledge of the risks on progressive joint damage in RA patients. ..
- Nishimura R, Sano H, Matsudaira T, Miyashita Y, Morimoto A, Shirasawa T, et al. Childhood obesity and its relation to serum adiponectin and leptin: a report from a population-based study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007;76:245-50 pubmed..A large-scale, population-based study revealed that AD was lower and LP higher in obese children, and that the obese status in G2 was related to a worse metabolic profile than the case in G1. ..
- Muraki S, Oka H, Akune T, Mabuchi A, En yo Y, Yoshida M, et al. Prevalence of radiographic knee osteoarthritis and its association with knee pain in the elderly of Japanese population-based cohorts: the ROAD study. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2009;17:1137-43 pubmed publisher..Knee pain was strongly associated with JSN especially in men, while women tended to have knee pain even without radiographic OA. ..
- Nakamura R, Sone J, Atsuta N, Tohnai G, Watanabe H, Yokoi D, et al. Next-generation sequencing of 28 ALS-related genes in a Japanese ALS cohort. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;39:219.e1-8 pubmed publisher..This study reports the first extensive genetic screening of Japanese ALS patients. These findings are useful for developing geneticÂ screening and counseling strategies for such patients. ..
- Kodaira M, Takahashi S, Yamada S, Ueda K, Mishima Y, Takeuchi K, et al. Bone metastasis and poor performance status are prognostic factors for survival of carcinoma of unknown primary site in patients treated with systematic chemotherapy. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:1163-7 pubmed publisher..0003). Poor PS and bone metastasis were identified as independent adverse prognostic factors in CUP. A simple prognostic model was developed and seems useful for decision making as to whether chemotherapy is indicated for CUP patients. ..
- Tagami T, Hirata K, Takeshige T, Matsui J, Takinami M, Satake M, et al. Implementation of the fifth link of the chain of survival concept for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Circulation. 2012;126:589-97 pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.apps.who.int/trialsearch. Unique identifier: UMIN000001607. ..
- Takahashi H, Ishikawa K, Tsutsumi T, Fujigasaki H, Kawata A, Okiyama R, et al. A clinical and genetic study in a large cohort of patients with spinocerebellar ataxia type 6. J Hum Genet. 2004;49:256-64 pubmed..In addition, clinical and neuro-otological examinations suggested that SCA6 is a disease with predominantly cerebellar dysfunction. ..
- Kojima T, Takahashi N, Kaneko A, Kida D, Hirano Y, Fujibayashi T, et al. Predictive factors for achieving low disease activity at 52 weeks after switching from tumor necrosis factor inhibitors to abatacept: results from a multicenter observational cohort study of Japanese patients. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:219-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the clinical course up to 12 weeks is important for predicting long-term outcomes when switching from TNFis to ABT. ..
- Ishizaka Y, Ishizaka N, Takahashi E, Unuma T, Tooda E, Hashimoto H, et al. Association between hepatitis C virus core protein and carotid atherosclerosis. Circ J. 2003;67:26-30 pubmed..61 (95% confidence interval 2.06-15.26, p<0.001). These data further support the possible link between persistent HCV infection and carotid atherosclerosis in the subjects without severe liver dysfunction. ..
- Kusachi S, Nagao J, Saida Y, Watanabe M, Okamoto Y, Asai K, et al. Antibiotic time-lag combination therapy with fosfomycin for postoperative intra-abdominal abscesses. J Infect Chemother. 2011;17:91-6 pubmed publisher..In total, the efficacy rate was 87.5% (91/104). The total no-response rates were 12.5% (13/104). FOM-TLCT seems to be effective for treating refractory intra-abdominal abscess. ..
- Nakashima T, Noguchi T, Haruta S, Yamamoto Y, Oshima S, Nakao K, et al. Prognostic impact of spontaneous coronary artery dissection in young female patients with acute myocardial infarction: A report from the Angina Pectoris-Myocardial Infarction Multicenter Investigators in Japan. Int J Cardiol. 2016;207:341-8 pubmed publisher..5 to 24.3; p<0.001), although the rate of successful percutaneous coronary intervention for SCAD was as high as 92%. Young female patients with SCAD represent a high-risk subgroup of patients with AMI and require close follow-up. ..
- Narumi S, Muroya K, Asakura Y, Adachi M, Hasegawa T. Transcription factor mutations and congenital hypothyroidism: systematic genetic screening of a population-based cohort of Japanese patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:1981-5 pubmed publisher..Using a population-based sample, we confirmed that a minor subset of CH patients has transcription factor mutations, but they are rare. In our cohort, PAX8 mutations were the leading cause of such a rare condition. ..
- Ohki T, Kondo M, Karasawa Y, Kawamura S, Maeshima S, Kojima K, et al. Evaluation of the Efficacy of Sorafenib on Overall Survival in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma using FT Rate: A Devised Index. Adv Ther. 2017;34:1097-1108 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that the FT rate is potentially a useful index in evaluating the outcome for patients at various stages and treatment regimens. Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd. ..
- Tomimitsu H, Ishikawa K, Shimizu J, Ohkoshi N, Kanazawa I, Mizusawa H. Distal myopathy with rimmed vacuoles: novel mutations in the GNE gene. Neurology. 2002;59:451-4 pubmed..Seven out of nine patients had homozygous V572L mutation, one was a compound heterozygote with C303V and V572L mutations, and the remaining patient bore homozygous A631V mutation. ..
- Takada K, Kishi J, Miyasaka N. Step-up versus primary intensive approach to the treatment of interstitial pneumonia associated with dermatomyositis/polymyositis: a retrospective study. Mod Rheumatol. 2007;17:123-30 pubmed..Prospective clinical investigation of this approach is now needed, but the limited clinical utility of CS as an initial treatment might ethically challenge clinical-trial designing. ..
- Yamazaki J, Muneta T, Koga H, Sekiya I, Ju Y, Morito T, et al. Radiographic description of femoral tunnel placement expressed as intercondylar clock time in double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011;19:418-23 pubmed publisher..This simple radiographic assessment is reproducible and reliable for clinical use, and useful for the evaluation of ACL reconstructive procedures. ..
- Abe S, Kubota T, Matsuzaki S, Otani Y, Watanabe M, Teramoto T, et al. Chemosensitivity test is useful in evaluating the appropriate adjuvant cancer chemotherapy for stage III non-scirrhous and scirrhous gastric cancers. Anticancer Res. 1999;19:4581-6 pubmed..These results suggested that MTT assay would be useful in evaluating the appropriate adjuvant cancer chemotherapy for stage III scirrhous and non-scirrhous gastric cancer...
- Naoi Y, Fujikawa A, Kyoto Y, Kunishima N, Ono M, Watanabe Y. Internal radiation exposure of Ground Self-Defense Force members involved in the management of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant disaster. Am J Disaster Med. 2013;8:87-90 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the internal exposure of GSDF members who worked in the restricted radiation contamination area. Here, we report the amounts of internal and external exposure of and the equipment used by the GSDF members. ..
- Hashimoto M, Sugawara Y, Tamura S, Kaneko J, Matsui Y, Togashi J, et al. Acquisition of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus after living donor liver transplantation: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2008;8:155 pubmed publisher..MRSA arose early after LDLT in adults with a high incidence (35 of 158 patients). Surveillance culture should be checked periodically after LDLT to identify and prevent the transmission of MRSA. ..
- Imashuku S, Kinugawa N, Matsuzaki A, Kitoh T, Ohki K, Shioda Y, et al. Langerhans cell histiocytosis with multifocal bone lesions: comparative clinical features between single and multi-systems. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:506-512 pubmed publisher..001). Novel measures are required in preventing the development of DI in MSB-type LCH patients with "risk" bone lesions. ..
- Okada M, Suto Y, Hirai M, Shiseki M, Usami A, Okajima K, et al. Microarray CGH analyses of chromosomal 20q deletions in patients with hematopoietic malignancies. Cancer Genet. 2012;205:18-24 pubmed publisher..Our study will contribute to the identification of candidate tumor suppressor genes on 20q. ..
- Hagiwara M, Kikuchi E, Tanaka N, Matsumoto K, Ide H, Miyajima A, et al. Impact of smoking status on bladder tumor recurrence after radical nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma. J Urol. 2013;189:2062-8 pubmed publisher..A larger number of cigarettes smoked may increase the incidence of bladder tumor recurrence in patients with upper tract urothelial cancer. ..
- Veraitch O, Ohyama M, Yamagami J, Amagai M. Alopecia as a rare but distinct manifestation of pemphigus vulgaris. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2013;27:86-91 pubmed publisher..This unusual clinical phenotype should alert physicians to PV as a potential diagnosis. ..
- Isogai T, Yasunaga H, Matsui H, Tanaka H, Fushimi K. Relationship between hospital volume and major cardiac complications of rotational atherectomy: A nationwide retrospective cohort study in Japan. J Cardiol. 2016;67:442-8 pubmed publisher..20-0.88), respectively. This study showed that higher hospital volume was significantly associated with lower complication rates of RA. Our results also suggested that the major complication rates were low even in low-volume hospitals. ..
- Masaoka Y, Yajima H, Takayama M, Kawase A, Takakura N, Homma I. Typical dipole locations can be estimated using averaged somatosensory-evoked potentials and a standard brain model. J Physiol Sci. 2009;59:299-305 pubmed publisher..The results suggest the validity of estimating the dipole location from the grand averaged potential of all subjects with the MNI model if we focus on typical regions related to the task. ..
- Hashimoto K, Sasajima Y, Ando M, Yonemori K, Hirakawa A, Furuta K, et al. Immunohistochemical profile for unknown primary adenocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31181 pubmed publisher..Multivariate analysis confirmed that the IPs were independent prognostic factors for survival. The IPs identified in this study can be used to further stratify patient prognosis for unfavorable subsets of unknown primary adenocarcinoma. ..
- Ono S, Sebastin S, Yazaki N, Hyakusoku H, Chung K. Clinical applications of perforator-based propeller flaps in upper limb soft tissue reconstruction. J Hand Surg Am. 2011;36:853-63 pubmed publisher..One flap was partially lost in a patient with electrical burns. Perforator-based propeller flaps provide a reliable option for covering small- to medium-size upper limb soft tissue defects. ..
- Matsuhisa T, Arakawa T, Watanabe T, Tokutomi T, Sakurai K, Okamura S, et al. Relation between bile acid reflux into the stomach and the risk of atrophic gastritis and intestinal metaplasia: a multicenter study of 2283 cases. Dig Endosc. 2013;25:519-25 pubmed publisher..pylori infection, in group D. High concentrations of bile acid seem to be associated with an elevated risk of intestinal metaplasia. ..
- Tomiyama H, Hashimoto H, Hirayama Y, Yambe M, Yamada J, Koji Y, et al. Synergistic acceleration of arterial stiffening in the presence of raised blood pressure and raised plasma glucose. Hypertension. 2006;47:180-8 pubmed..This synergistic progression may contribute to the additive increases in the risk of cardiovascular events, at least in part. ..
- Tatemichi M, Sasazuki S, Inoue M, Tsugane S. Clinical significance of IgG antibody titer against Helicobacter pylori. Helicobacter. 2009;14:231-6 pubmed publisher..Subjects with this background may require ongoing observation and periodic endoscopic examination for early cancer detection. ..
- Michikawa T, Nishiwaki Y, Kikuchi Y, Nakano M, Iwasawa S, Asakura K, et al. Gender-specific associations of vision and hearing impairments with adverse health outcomes in older Japanese: a population-based cohort study. BMC Geriatr. 2009;9:50 pubmed publisher..Gender-specific associations between sensory impairments and AHOs warrant further investigation. ..
- Uchiyama S, Shibata Y, Hirabayashi T, Mihara B, Hamashige N, Kitagawa K, et al. Risk factor profiles of stroke, myocardial infarction, and atrial fibrillation: a Japanese Multicenter Cooperative Registry. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010;19:190-197 pubmed publisher..9% of patients with low-risk and 75.4% with high-risk NVAF. Risk factor profiles and their modification were not similar among patients in Japan with MI, stroke, and NVAF, although they share a high risk of thrombotic events. ..
- Watanabe N, Narimatsu H, Noh J, Yamaguchi T, Kobayashi K, Kami M, et al. Antithyroid drug-induced hematopoietic damage: a retrospective cohort study of agranulocytosis and pancytopenia involving 50,385 patients with Graves' disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E49-53 pubmed publisher..The pathogenesis of agranulocytosis and pancytopenia might overlap, and additional studies are warranted to clarify this and to establish an optimal treatment strategy. ..
- Hiraoka A, Arato T, Tominaga I, Eguchi N, Oda H, Urade Y. Sodium dodecyl sulfate-capillary gel electrophoretic analysis of molecular mass microheterogeneity of beta-trace protein in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with central nervous system diseases. J Chromatogr A. 1998;802:143-8 pubmed..The quantitative changes in the subfraction level in CSF beta TP are considered to reflect the pathological alterations in the CNS. ..