Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cohort studies in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: cohort studies
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Seichi A, Takeshita K, Kawaguchi H, Nakajima S, Akune T, Nakamura K. Postoperative expansion of intramedullary high-intensity areas on T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging after cervical laminoplasty. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2004;29:1478-82; discussion 1482 pubmed
- Hosoya M, Nunoi H, Aoyama M, Kawasaki Y, Suzuki H. Cytochrome c and tumor necrosis factor-alpha values in serum and cerebrospinal fluid of patients with influenza-associated encephalopathy. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005;24:467-70 pubmed..In the convalescent phase, cerebrospinal fluid cytochrome c values increased remarkably in patients with subsequent brain atrophy. ..
- Kanagawa Y, Matsumoto S, Koike S, Tajima B, Fukiwake N, Shibata S, et al. Association of clinical findings in Yusho patients with serum concentrations of polychlorinated biphenyls, polychlorinated quarterphenyls and 2,3,4,7,8-pentachlorodibenzofuran more than 30 years after the poisoning event. Environ Health. 2008;7:47 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the co-contaminants may affect other functions than those originally associated with Yusho. ..
- Tamez S, Norizoe C, Ochiai K, Takahashi D, Shimojima A, Tsutsumi Y, et al. Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and prognosis of patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:1957-60 pubmed publisher..008; adjusted hazard ratio, 0.18; 95%CI 0.05-0.61; P = 0.006). These results suggest that the VDR polymorphisms from the FokI genotype may be associated with improved prognosis of patients with EOC. ..
- Suzuki M, Yoshioka M, Hashimoto M, Murakami M, Kawasaki K, Noya M, et al. 25-hydroxyvitamin D, vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms, and severity of Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord. 2012;27:264-71 pubmed publisher..However, significant associations were not observed in 1,25-hydroxyvitamin D levels. ..
- Ono H, Nakatomi H, Tsutsumi K, Inoue T, Teraoka A, Yoshimoto Y, et al. Symptomatic recurrence of intracranial arterial dissections: follow-up study of 143 consecutive cases and pathological investigation. Stroke. 2013;44:126-31 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of this triphasic recurrence and corresponding histopathological characteristics help determine the treatment and follow-up strategy for IAD patients. ..
- Kanamori S, Kai Y, Kondo K, Hirai H, Ichida Y, Suzuki K, et al. Participation in sports organizations and the prevention of functional disability in older Japanese: the AGES Cohort Study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51061 pubmed publisher..In addition, participation in a sports organization correlates positively with social networks, which may lead to a small decrease in incident functional disability. ..
- Miyake M, Yamashiro K, Nakanishi H, Nakata I, Akagi Kurashige Y, Tsujikawa A, et al. Insulin-like growth factor 1 is not associated with high myopia in a large Japanese cohort. Mol Vis. 2013;19:1074-81 pubmed..To investigate whether genetic variations in the insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) gene are associated with high myopia in Japanese...
- Miot C, Imai K, Imai C, Mancini A, Kucuk Z, Kawai T, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in 29 patients hemizygous for hypomorphic IKBKG/NEMO mutations. Blood. 2017;130:1456-1467 pubmed publisher..Transplantation did not appear to cure colitis, possibly as a result of cell-intrinsic disorders of the epithelial barrier. Overall, HSCT can cure most clinical features of patients with a variety of IKBKG mutations. ..
- Nakamura M, Ishii K, Watanabe K, Tsuji T, Takaishi H, Matsumoto M, et al. Surgical treatment of intramedullary spinal cord tumors: prognosis and complications. Spinal Cord. 2008;46:282-6 pubmed..Predictors of good surgical outcome for intramedullary spinal cord tumors were histological grades of the tumors, surgical margins, and neurological status of the patient before surgery. ..
- Arase Y, Suzuki F, Ikeda K, Kumada H, Tsuji H, Kobayashi T. Multivariate analysis of risk factors for the development of type 2 diabetes in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:1064-70 pubmed publisher..25-2.00; P < 0.001). The improvement of prediabetes status and physical activity, and the normalization of mean GGT and TG levels during follow up are important to prevent the development of T2DM in patients with NAFLD. ..
- Shirasugi Y, Ando K, Hashino S, Nagasawa T, Kurata Y, Kishimoto Y, et al. A phase II, open-label, sequential-cohort, dose-escalation study of romiplostim in Japanese patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:157-165 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, a starting dose of 3 microg/kg was recommended for phase III evaluation of romiplostim in Japanese patients with chronic ITP. ..
- Matsumoto K, Kikuchi E, Horiguchi Y, Tanaka N, Miyajima A, Nakagawa K, et al. Late recurrence and progression in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancers after 5-year tumor-free periods. Urology. 2010;75:1385-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, some of the high-risk patients experienced late progression with a high degree of malignant behavior, suggesting longer follow-up is needed for each patient. ..
- Tanaka A, Invernizzi P, Ohira H, Kikuchi K, Nezu S, Kosoy R, et al. Replicated association of 17q12-21 with susceptibility of primary biliary cirrhosis in a Japanese cohort. Tissue Antigens. 2011;78:65-8 pubmed publisher..0024, P(c) = 0.017) after correction for multiple comparisons. Thus, these results indicate a haplotype on 17q12-21 with a similar association in Japanese and European PBC. ..
- Honda M, Wakita T, Onishi Y, Nunobe S, Miura A, Nishigori T, et al. Development and Validation of a Disease-Specific Instrument to Measure Diet-Targeted Quality of Life for Postoperative Patients with Esophagogastric Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S848-54 pubmed publisher..The EGQ-D scale has good contents and psychometric validity and can be used to evaluate disease-specific instrument to measure diet-targeted quality of life for postoperative patients with esophagogastric cancer. ..
- Niikura R, Yamada A, Nagata N, Kobayashi Y, Okamoto M, Mitsuno Y, et al. New predictive model of rebleeding during follow-up of patents with obscure gastrointestinal bleeding: A multicenter cohort study. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;31:752-60 pubmed publisher..The cumulative incidence of rebleeding at 12 and 60â€‰months was 11.0% and 35.3%, respectively. Five factors enable prediction of not only rebleeding but also transfusion requirements, length of stay, and death in OGIB patients. ..
- Sakai R, Taguri M, Oshima K, Mori T, Ago H, Adachi S, et al. A comparison of tacrolimus and cyclosporine combined with methotrexate for graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis, stratified by stem cell source: a retrospective nationwide survey. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:322-33 pubmed publisher..63, P = 0.027) and chronic GVHD (HR 0.60, P = 0.02) without significant effects on grade II-IV aGVHD (HR 0.83, P = 0.21). Our results may provide the most up-to-date data regarding GVHD prevention in Japan. ..
- Akter S, Kurotani K, Sato M, Hayashi T, Kuwahara K, Matsushita Y, et al. High Serum Phospholipid Dihomo-?-Linoleic Acid Concentration and Low ?5-Desaturase Activity Are Associated with Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes among Japanese Adults in the Hitachi Health Study. J Nutr. 2017;147:1558-1566 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusions: T2D risk was associated with circulating concentrations of the n-6 PUFA dihomo-?-linoleic acid and ?5-desaturase activity but not with n-3 PUFA or SFA concentrations in Japanese adults. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Fujino Y, Watanabe M, Takahashi M, Nakagawa T, Takeuchi A, et al. Validation of the prognostic value of histopathological grading or c-kit mutation in canine cutaneous mast cell tumours: a retrospective cohort study. Vet J. 2013;196:492-8 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the Kiupel grading system is a useful prognostic tool for canine cutaneous MCTs in predicting OS and PFS, while the occurrence of ITD-Exon11 appeared to be a useful predictor for PFS. ..
- Sato K, Sasaki T, Nakamura T, Toyama Y, Ikegami H. Clinical outcome and histologic findings of costal osteochondral grafts for cartilage defects in finger joints. J Hand Surg Am. 2008;33:511-5 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to review our series of costal osteochondral grafts in order to determine the practicality, effectiveness, and functionality of this grafting technique in a clinical setting...
- Akhter M, Inoue M, Kurahashi N, Iwasaki M, Sasazuki S, Tsugane S. Reproductive factors, exogenous female hormone use and colorectal cancer risk: the Japan Public Health Center-based Prospective Study. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2008;17:515-24 pubmed publisher..59). In contrast, no statistically significant association was found for rectal cancer. These findings suggest that late age at first birth is associated with a reduced risk of colon cancer in postmenopausal Japanese women. ..
- Okada E, Matsumoto M, Ichihara D, Chiba K, Toyama Y, Fujiwara H, et al. Aging of the cervical spine in healthy volunteers: a 10-year longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:706-12 pubmed publisher..No factor related to progression of degeneration of cervical spine was identified except for age. ..
- Fujiwara T, Hiramatsu M, Isagawa T, Ninomiya H, Inamura K, Ishikawa S, et al. ASCL1-coexpression profiling but not single gene expression profiling defines lung adenocarcinomas of neuroendocrine nature with poor prognosis. Lung Cancer. 2012;75:119-25 pubmed publisher..Co-expression gene set with ASCL1, rather than single NE gene expression, successfully identifies an NE subtype of lung adenocarcinoma with poor prognosis. ..
- Nakamura M, Yamashita T, Yajima J, Oikawa Y, Ogasawara K, Sagara K, et al. Clinical outcome after acute coronary syndrome in Japanese patients: an observational cohort study. J Cardiol. 2010;55:69-76 pubmed publisher..10, 95% CI 1.011-1.119) and congestive heart failure on admission (HR 20.0, 95% CI 2.439-164.4) in STEMI. The present study identified long-term mortality, morbidity, and predictors of adverse events for Japanese patients with ACS. ..
- Matsuda Y, Hayashi K, Shiozaki A, Kawamichi Y, Satoh S, Saito S. Comparison of risk factors for placental abruption and placenta previa: case-cohort study. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2011;37:538-46 pubmed publisher..RR 2.0 and 4.08, respectively). The case-cohort study technique elucidated the difference in the risk factors for placental abruption and placenta previa. ..
- Kataoka Y, Eto H, Iida M. Outcomes of independent midwifery attended births in birth centres and home births: a retrospective cohort study in Japan. Midwifery. 2013;29:965-72 pubmed publisher..A birth registry system would provide us with more accurate and complete information of all childbirths with which to evaluate the safety of independent Japanese midwives. ..
- Shimada H, Suzukawa M, Tiedemann A, Kobayashi K, Yoshida H, Suzuki T. Which neuromuscular or cognitive test is the optimal screening tool to predict falls in frail community-dwelling older people?. Gerontology. 2009;55:532-8 pubmed publisher..When feasibility and validity were considered, the CWS was the best test for use as a screening tool in frail older people, however, these preliminary results require confirmation in further research. ..
- Goto H, Inukai T, Inoue H, Ogawa C, Fukushima T, Yabe M, et al. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia and Down syndrome: the collaborative study of the Tokyo Children's Cancer Study Group and the Kyushu Yamaguchi Children's Cancer Study Group. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:192-198 pubmed publisher..Results of our preliminary study suggest that the survival of DS-ALL patients could be improved by treatment without dose reduction if possible, although the appropriate dose of methotrexate for DS-ALL needs to be determined. ..
- Miyazaki Y, Tateishi T, Akashi T, Ohtani Y, Inase N, Yoshizawa Y. Clinical predictors and histologic appearance of acute exacerbations in chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Chest. 2008;134:1265-1270 pubmed publisher..The present study showed several predictive factors for AE at the time of diagnosis. Low TLC and Dlco, low lymphocyte levels in BAL fluid, and a UIP-like pattern in histology at the time of diagnosis may be the risk factors for AE. ..
- Shinozaki E, Yoshino T, Yamazaki K, Muro K, Yamaguchi K, Nishina T, et al. Clinical significance of BRAF non-V600E mutations on the therapeutic effects of anti-EGFR monoclonal antibody treatment in patients with pretreated metastatic colorectal cancer: the Biomarker Research for anti-EGFR monoclonal Antibodies by Comprehens. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1450-1458 pubmed publisher..However, it is unclear whether BRAF mutations other than BRAFV600E (BRAFnon-V600E mutations) contribute to anti-EGFR antibody resistance...
- Kobayashi T, Teruya M, Kishiki T, Endo D, Takenaka Y, Miki K, et al. Elevated C-reactive protein and hypoalbuminemia measured before resection of colorectal liver metastases predict postoperative survival. Dig Surg. 2010;27:285-90 pubmed publisher..83) and GPS1/2 (relative risk 3.07). GPS measured before operation and the number of liver metastases may be used as novel predictors of postoperative outcomes in patients who underwent curative resection for CRLM. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Yamamoto S, Fujita S, Akasu T, Moriya Y. Long-term outcome of metachronous rectal cancer following ileorectal anastomosis for familial adenomatous polyposis. J Gastrointest Surg. 2010;14:500-5 pubmed publisher..Total colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis (IRA) for familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) carries a potential risk of metachronous cancer in the residual rectum. This study evaluated the risk of cancer development in the residual rectum...
- Ono M, Miki N, Amano K, Kawamata T, Seki T, Makino R, et al. Individualized high-dose cabergoline therapy for hyperprolactinemic infertility in women with micro- and macroprolactinomas. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:2672-9 pubmed publisher..Cabergoline monotherapy could substitute for the conventional combination therapy of pregestational surgery or irradiation plus bromocriptine in macroprolactinomas. ..
- Suzuki T, Ikari K, Yano K, Inoue E, Toyama Y, Taniguchi A, et al. PADI4 and HLA-DRB1 are genetic risks for radiographic progression in RA patients, independent of ACPA status: results from the IORRA cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61045 pubmed publisher..The results of this study give important knowledge of the risks on progressive joint damage in RA patients. ..
- Nishimura R, Sano H, Matsudaira T, Miyashita Y, Morimoto A, Shirasawa T, et al. Childhood obesity and its relation to serum adiponectin and leptin: a report from a population-based study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2007;76:245-50 pubmed..A large-scale, population-based study revealed that AD was lower and LP higher in obese children, and that the obese status in G2 was related to a worse metabolic profile than the case in G1. ..
- Muraki S, Oka H, Akune T, Mabuchi A, En yo Y, Yoshida M, et al. Prevalence of radiographic knee osteoarthritis and its association with knee pain in the elderly of Japanese population-based cohorts: the ROAD study. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2009;17:1137-43 pubmed publisher..Knee pain was strongly associated with JSN especially in men, while women tended to have knee pain even without radiographic OA. ..
- Nakamura R, Sone J, Atsuta N, Tohnai G, Watanabe H, Yokoi D, et al. Next-generation sequencing of 28 ALS-related genes in a Japanese ALS cohort. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;39:219.e1-8 pubmed publisher..This study reports the first extensive genetic screening of Japanese ALS patients. These findings are useful for developing geneticÂ screening and counseling strategies for such patients. ..
- Kodaira M, Takahashi S, Yamada S, Ueda K, Mishima Y, Takeuchi K, et al. Bone metastasis and poor performance status are prognostic factors for survival of carcinoma of unknown primary site in patients treated with systematic chemotherapy. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:1163-7 pubmed publisher..0003). Poor PS and bone metastasis were identified as independent adverse prognostic factors in CUP. A simple prognostic model was developed and seems useful for decision making as to whether chemotherapy is indicated for CUP patients. ..
- Tagami T, Hirata K, Takeshige T, Matsui J, Takinami M, Satake M, et al. Implementation of the fifth link of the chain of survival concept for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Circulation. 2012;126:589-97 pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.apps.who.int/trialsearch. Unique identifier: UMIN000001607. ..
- Takahashi H, Ishikawa K, Tsutsumi T, Fujigasaki H, Kawata A, Okiyama R, et al. A clinical and genetic study in a large cohort of patients with spinocerebellar ataxia type 6. J Hum Genet. 2004;49:256-64 pubmed..In addition, clinical and neuro-otological examinations suggested that SCA6 is a disease with predominantly cerebellar dysfunction. ..
- Kojima T, Takahashi N, Kaneko A, Kida D, Hirano Y, Fujibayashi T, et al. Predictive factors for achieving low disease activity at 52 weeks after switching from tumor necrosis factor inhibitors to abatacept: results from a multicenter observational cohort study of Japanese patients. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:219-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the clinical course up to 12 weeks is important for predicting long-term outcomes when switching from TNFis to ABT. ..
- Ishizaka Y, Ishizaka N, Takahashi E, Unuma T, Tooda E, Hashimoto H, et al. Association between hepatitis C virus core protein and carotid atherosclerosis. Circ J. 2003;67:26-30 pubmed..61 (95% confidence interval 2.06-15.26, p<0.001). These data further support the possible link between persistent HCV infection and carotid atherosclerosis in the subjects without severe liver dysfunction. ..
- Kusachi S, Nagao J, Saida Y, Watanabe M, Okamoto Y, Asai K, et al. Antibiotic time-lag combination therapy with fosfomycin for postoperative intra-abdominal abscesses. J Infect Chemother. 2011;17:91-6 pubmed publisher..In total, the efficacy rate was 87.5% (91/104). The total no-response rates were 12.5% (13/104). FOM-TLCT seems to be effective for treating refractory intra-abdominal abscess. ..
- Nakashima T, Noguchi T, Haruta S, Yamamoto Y, Oshima S, Nakao K, et al. Prognostic impact of spontaneous coronary artery dissection in young female patients with acute myocardial infarction: A report from the Angina Pectoris-Myocardial Infarction Multicenter Investigators in Japan. Int J Cardiol. 2016;207:341-8 pubmed publisher..5 to 24.3; p<0.001), although the rate of successful percutaneous coronary intervention for SCAD was as high as 92%. Young female patients with SCAD represent a high-risk subgroup of patients with AMI and require close follow-up. ..
- Narumi S, Muroya K, Asakura Y, Adachi M, Hasegawa T. Transcription factor mutations and congenital hypothyroidism: systematic genetic screening of a population-based cohort of Japanese patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:1981-5 pubmed publisher..Using a population-based sample, we confirmed that a minor subset of CH patients has transcription factor mutations, but they are rare. In our cohort, PAX8 mutations were the leading cause of such a rare condition. ..
- Ohki T, Kondo M, Karasawa Y, Kawamura S, Maeshima S, Kojima K, et al. Evaluation of the Efficacy of Sorafenib on Overall Survival in Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma using FT Rate: A Devised Index. Adv Ther. 2017;34:1097-1108 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that the FT rate is potentially a useful index in evaluating the outcome for patients at various stages and treatment regimens. Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd. ..
- Tomimitsu H, Ishikawa K, Shimizu J, Ohkoshi N, Kanazawa I, Mizusawa H. Distal myopathy with rimmed vacuoles: novel mutations in the GNE gene. Neurology. 2002;59:451-4 pubmed..Seven out of nine patients had homozygous V572L mutation, one was a compound heterozygote with C303V and V572L mutations, and the remaining patient bore homozygous A631V mutation. ..
- Takada K, Kishi J, Miyasaka N. Step-up versus primary intensive approach to the treatment of interstitial pneumonia associated with dermatomyositis/polymyositis: a retrospective study. Mod Rheumatol. 2007;17:123-30 pubmed..Prospective clinical investigation of this approach is now needed, but the limited clinical utility of CS as an initial treatment might ethically challenge clinical-trial designing. ..
- Yamazaki J, Muneta T, Koga H, Sekiya I, Ju Y, Morito T, et al. Radiographic description of femoral tunnel placement expressed as intercondylar clock time in double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2011;19:418-23 pubmed publisher..This simple radiographic assessment is reproducible and reliable for clinical use, and useful for the evaluation of ACL reconstructive procedures. ..
- Abe S, Kubota T, Matsuzaki S, Otani Y, Watanabe M, Teramoto T, et al. Chemosensitivity test is useful in evaluating the appropriate adjuvant cancer chemotherapy for stage III non-scirrhous and scirrhous gastric cancers. Anticancer Res. 1999;19:4581-6 pubmed..These results suggested that MTT assay would be useful in evaluating the appropriate adjuvant cancer chemotherapy for stage III scirrhous and non-scirrhous gastric cancer...
- Naoi Y, Fujikawa A, Kyoto Y, Kunishima N, Ono M, Watanabe Y. Internal radiation exposure of Ground Self-Defense Force members involved in the management of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant disaster. Am J Disaster Med. 2013;8:87-90 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the internal exposure of GSDF members who worked in the restricted radiation contamination area. Here, we report the amounts of internal and external exposure of and the equipment used by the GSDF members. ..
- Hashimoto M, Sugawara Y, Tamura S, Kaneko J, Matsui Y, Togashi J, et al. Acquisition of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus after living donor liver transplantation: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2008;8:155 pubmed publisher..MRSA arose early after LDLT in adults with a high incidence (35 of 158 patients). Surveillance culture should be checked periodically after LDLT to identify and prevent the transmission of MRSA. ..
- Imashuku S, Kinugawa N, Matsuzaki A, Kitoh T, Ohki K, Shioda Y, et al. Langerhans cell histiocytosis with multifocal bone lesions: comparative clinical features between single and multi-systems. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:506-512 pubmed publisher..001). Novel measures are required in preventing the development of DI in MSB-type LCH patients with "risk" bone lesions. ..
- Okada M, Suto Y, Hirai M, Shiseki M, Usami A, Okajima K, et al. Microarray CGH analyses of chromosomal 20q deletions in patients with hematopoietic malignancies. Cancer Genet. 2012;205:18-24 pubmed publisher..Our study will contribute to the identification of candidate tumor suppressor genes on 20q. ..
- Hagiwara M, Kikuchi E, Tanaka N, Matsumoto K, Ide H, Miyajima A, et al. Impact of smoking status on bladder tumor recurrence after radical nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma. J Urol. 2013;189:2062-8 pubmed publisher..A larger number of cigarettes smoked may increase the incidence of bladder tumor recurrence in patients with upper tract urothelial cancer. ..
- Veraitch O, Ohyama M, Yamagami J, Amagai M. Alopecia as a rare but distinct manifestation of pemphigus vulgaris. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2013;27:86-91 pubmed publisher..This unusual clinical phenotype should alert physicians to PV as a potential diagnosis. ..
- Isogai T, Yasunaga H, Matsui H, Tanaka H, Fushimi K. Relationship between hospital volume and major cardiac complications of rotational atherectomy: A nationwide retrospective cohort study in Japan. J Cardiol. 2016;67:442-8 pubmed publisher..20-0.88), respectively. This study showed that higher hospital volume was significantly associated with lower complication rates of RA. Our results also suggested that the major complication rates were low even in low-volume hospitals. ..
- Masaoka Y, Yajima H, Takayama M, Kawase A, Takakura N, Homma I. Typical dipole locations can be estimated using averaged somatosensory-evoked potentials and a standard brain model. J Physiol Sci. 2009;59:299-305 pubmed publisher..The results suggest the validity of estimating the dipole location from the grand averaged potential of all subjects with the MNI model if we focus on typical regions related to the task. ..
- Hashimoto K, Sasajima Y, Ando M, Yonemori K, Hirakawa A, Furuta K, et al. Immunohistochemical profile for unknown primary adenocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31181 pubmed publisher..Multivariate analysis confirmed that the IPs were independent prognostic factors for survival. The IPs identified in this study can be used to further stratify patient prognosis for unfavorable subsets of unknown primary adenocarcinoma. ..
- Ono S, Sebastin S, Yazaki N, Hyakusoku H, Chung K. Clinical applications of perforator-based propeller flaps in upper limb soft tissue reconstruction. J Hand Surg Am. 2011;36:853-63 pubmed publisher..One flap was partially lost in a patient with electrical burns. Perforator-based propeller flaps provide a reliable option for covering small- to medium-size upper limb soft tissue defects. ..
- Matsuhisa T, Arakawa T, Watanabe T, Tokutomi T, Sakurai K, Okamura S, et al. Relation between bile acid reflux into the stomach and the risk of atrophic gastritis and intestinal metaplasia: a multicenter study of 2283 cases. Dig Endosc. 2013;25:519-25 pubmed publisher..pylori infection, in group D. High concentrations of bile acid seem to be associated with an elevated risk of intestinal metaplasia. ..
- Tomiyama H, Hashimoto H, Hirayama Y, Yambe M, Yamada J, Koji Y, et al. Synergistic acceleration of arterial stiffening in the presence of raised blood pressure and raised plasma glucose. Hypertension. 2006;47:180-8 pubmed..This synergistic progression may contribute to the additive increases in the risk of cardiovascular events, at least in part. ..
- Tatemichi M, Sasazuki S, Inoue M, Tsugane S. Clinical significance of IgG antibody titer against Helicobacter pylori. Helicobacter. 2009;14:231-6 pubmed publisher..Subjects with this background may require ongoing observation and periodic endoscopic examination for early cancer detection. ..
- Michikawa T, Nishiwaki Y, Kikuchi Y, Nakano M, Iwasawa S, Asakura K, et al. Gender-specific associations of vision and hearing impairments with adverse health outcomes in older Japanese: a population-based cohort study. BMC Geriatr. 2009;9:50 pubmed publisher..Gender-specific associations between sensory impairments and AHOs warrant further investigation. ..
- Uchiyama S, Shibata Y, Hirabayashi T, Mihara B, Hamashige N, Kitagawa K, et al. Risk factor profiles of stroke, myocardial infarction, and atrial fibrillation: a Japanese Multicenter Cooperative Registry. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2010;19:190-7 pubmed publisher..9% of patients with low-risk and 75.4% with high-risk NVAF. Risk factor profiles and their modification were not similar among patients in Japan with MI, stroke, and NVAF, although they share a high risk of thrombotic events. ..
- Watanabe N, Narimatsu H, Noh J, Yamaguchi T, Kobayashi K, Kami M, et al. Antithyroid drug-induced hematopoietic damage: a retrospective cohort study of agranulocytosis and pancytopenia involving 50,385 patients with Graves' disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E49-53 pubmed publisher..The pathogenesis of agranulocytosis and pancytopenia might overlap, and additional studies are warranted to clarify this and to establish an optimal treatment strategy. ..
- Hiraoka A, Arato T, Tominaga I, Eguchi N, Oda H, Urade Y. Sodium dodecyl sulfate-capillary gel electrophoretic analysis of molecular mass microheterogeneity of beta-trace protein in cerebrospinal fluid from patients with central nervous system diseases. J Chromatogr A. 1998;802:143-8 pubmed..The quantitative changes in the subfraction level in CSF beta TP are considered to reflect the pathological alterations in the CNS. ..
- Inoue A, Babazono T, Iwamoto Y. Effects of the Renin-Angiotensin system blockade on hemoglobin levels in type 2 diabetic patients with chronic kidney disease. Am J Hypertens. 2008;21:317-22 pubmed publisher..d.), P < 0.001), but not in patients treated with an ACEIs (-0.14 +/- 0.98 g/dl, P = 0.294). Treatment with an ARB, but not ACEI, may be associated with a modest decrease in hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients with CKD. ..
- Seki A, Uchiyama H, Fukushi T, Sakura O, Tatsuya K. Incidental findings of brain magnetic resonance imaging study in a pediatric cohort in Japan and recommendation for a model management protocol. J Epidemiol. 2010;20 Suppl 2:S498-504 pubmed..A management protocol needs to include a process to properly assess the clinical importance of findings. ..
- Shimada H, Sawyer P, Harada K, Kaneya S, Nihei K, Asakawa Y, et al. Predictive validity of the classification schema for functional mobility tests in instrumental activities of daily living decline among older adults. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010;91:241-6 pubmed publisher..38-5.96, P<.01), respectively. The combination of TUG and LSA identifies persons with future IADLs decline and has the potential to be used by community health care services to target individualized interventions. ..
- Jwa S, Arata N, Sakamoto N, Watanabe N, Aoki H, Kurauchi Mito A, et al. Prediction of pregnancy-induced hypertension by a shift of blood pressure class according to the JSH 2009 guidelines. Hypertens Res. 2011;34:1203-8 pubmed publisher..05). Within JSH 2009 Classes I, II and III, a shift in BP from a low to a high class between 16 and 20 weeks of gestation predicts the subsequent development of PIH. ..
- Yamada H, Kojima K, Inokuchi M, Kawano T, Sugihara K. Efficacy of celiac branch preservation in Roux-en-y reconstruction after laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy. Surgery. 2011;149:22-8 pubmed publisher..9%; P = .011). The celiac branch is useful in regulating gastrointestinal motility by maintaining postoperative physiologic function. Celiac branch preservation seems to represent a feasible and beneficial method for LADG. ..
- Ito K, Aida J, Yamamoto T, Ohtsuka R, Nakade M, Suzuki K, et al. Individual- and community-level social gradients of edentulousness. BMC Oral Health. 2015;15:34 pubmed publisher..001). Individual- and community-level social inequalities in dental health were observed. Public health policies should account for social determinants of oral health when reducing oral health inequalities. ..
- Tsujimoto T, Yamamoto Honda R, Kajio H, Kishimoto M, Noto H, Hachiya R, et al. Accelerated decline of renal function in type 2 diabetes following severe hypoglycemia. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:681-5 pubmed publisher..68; 95% confidence interval, 1.12-6.38; P=0.02). Renal function after severe hypoglycemia was significantly worse in type 2 diabetes patients with blood pressure surge during severe hypoglycemia than those without blood pressure surge. ..
- Iannaccone M, D Ascenzo F, De Filippo O, Gagliardi M, Southern D, Raposeiras RoubÃn S, et al. Optimal Medical Therapy in Patients with Malignancy Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Acute Coronary Syndrome: a BleeMACS Sub-Study. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs. 2017;17:61-71 pubmed publisher..01). In patients with ACS and malignancy, OMT reduces the risk of adverse events at 1Â year; in particular, ACEIs/ARBs and statins were the most protective drugs. (Clinical trials identifier:Â NCT02466854). ..
- Kojima T, Takahashi N, Funahashi K, Asai S, Terabe K, Kaneko A, et al. Improved safety of biologic therapy for rheumatoid arthritis over the 8-year period since implementation in Japan: long-term results from a multicenter observational cohort study. Clin Rheumatol. 2016;35:863-71 pubmed publisher..The decrease of AEs in the later initiation year was evident in those aged >64Â years. The safety of biologic therapy improved over the course of the 8Â years from its implementation in Japan. ..
- Amagasa S, Fukushima N, Kikuchi H, Oka K, Takamiya T, Odagiri Y, et al. Types of social participation and psychological distress in Japanese older adults: A five-year cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175392 pubmed publisher..110, p = 0.048). Community involvement provides older women with mental health benefits regardless of individual relationship level. Promoting community involvement may be an effective strategy for healthy mental aging. ..
- Suzuki H, Sakamoto M, Hayashi T, Iuchi H, Ohashi K, Isaka T, et al. Effects of co-administration of candesartan with pioglitazone on inflammatory parameters in hypertensive patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a preliminary report. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2013;12:71 pubmed publisher..umin-ctr: umin000010142. ..
- Gabriele M, Vulto van Silfhout A, Germain P, Vitriolo A, Kumar R, Douglas E, et al. YY1 Haploinsufficiency Causes an Intellectual Disability Syndrome Featuring Transcriptional and Chromatin Dysfunction. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:907-925 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results define a clinical syndrome caused by haploinsufficiency of YY1 through dysregulation of key transcriptional regulators. ..
- Noguchi E, Uruha A, Suzuki S, Hamanaka K, Ohnuki Y, Tsugawa J, et al. Skeletal Muscle Involvement in Antisynthetase Syndrome. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:992-999 pubmed publisher..However, antisynthetase syndrome is not included in the histological subsets of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies...
- Ishiguro S, Inoue M, Tanaka Y, Mizokami M, Iwasaki M, Tsugane S. Serum aminotransferase level and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma: a population-based cohort study in Japan. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2009;18:26-32 pubmed publisher..This finding indicates that ALT level is a good independent determinant of the need for intervention. Clinical application of these findings may help decrease HCC-associated mortality in hepatitis virus-endemic regions. ..
- Iimori S, Noda Y, Okado T, Naito S, Toda T, Chida Y, et al. Baseline characteristics and prevalence of cardiovascular disease in newly visiting or referred chronic kidney disease patients to nephrology centers in Japan: a prospective cohort study. BMC Nephrol. 2013;14:152 pubmed publisher..Lower eGFR and high proteinuria were associated with CVD prevalence. Prospective follow up of these study patients will contribute to establishment of individual population-based treatment of CKD. ..
- Ito N. [Image and familiarity of student counseling service and willingness to use the service]. Shinrigaku Kenkyu. 2006;76:540-6 pubmed..It was suggested that different information about counseling service should be disseminated, so as to maximize the willingness, depending on the sex and year of the students. ..
- Kurosaki M, Hiramatsu N, Sakamoto M, Suzuki Y, Iwasaki M, Tamori A, et al. Data mining model using simple and readily available factors could identify patients at high risk for hepatocellular carcinoma in chronic hepatitis C. J Hepatol. 2012;56:602-8 pubmed publisher..The model allows physicians to identify patients requiring HCC surveillance and those who benefit from IFN therapy to prevent HCC. ..
- Naganuma M, Shiga T, Sato K, Murasaki K, Hashiguchi M, Mochizuki M, et al. Clinical outcome in Japanese elderly patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation taking warfarin: a single-center observational study. Thromb Res. 2012;130:21-6 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that a target PT-INR of 2.0 and a range of 1.5-2.5 may be safe for elderly Japanese patients with non-valvular AF. ..