Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on chromosome mapping in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: chromosome mapping
- Sermsuvitayawong K, Wang X, Nagabukuro A, Matsuda Y, Morisaki H, Toyama K, et al. Genomic organization of Ampd3, heart-type AMPD gene, located in mouse chromosome 7. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:767-9 pubmed
- Taketani S, Inazawa J, Abe T, Furukawa T, Kohno H, Tokunaga R, et al. The human protoporphyrinogen oxidase gene (PPOX): organization and location to chromosome 1. Genomics. 1995;29:698-703 pubmed..Mapping of the 5' end PPOX mRNA by polymerase chain reaction indicated that there are the same transcripts in erythroid and nonerythroid cells. ..
- Yamaoka T, Hatada I, Kitagawa K, Wang X, Mukai T. Cloning and mapping of the U2af1-rs2 gene with a high transmission distortion in interspecific backcross progeny. Genomics. 1995;27:337-40 pubmed
- Yoshida T, Imai T, Takagi S, Nishimura M, Ishikawa I, Yaoi T, et al. Structure and expression of two highly related genes encoding SCM-1/human lymphotactin. FEBS Lett. 1996;395:82-8 pubmed..The biological activities of SCM-1alpha and SCM-1beta, which have two amino acid differences at positions 7 and 8 in the mature proteins, remain to be compared. ..
- Tanaka H, Iguchi N, Nakamura Y, Kohroki J, de Carvalho C, Nishimune Y. Cloning and characterization of human haspin gene encoding haploid germ cell-specific nuclear protein kinase. Mol Hum Reprod. 2001;7:211-8 pubmed..Furthermore, the genomic structure of human haspin was proven to be intronless and the whole transcription unit was found to be located in an intron of the integrin alphaE2 gene. ..
- Hiromine Y, Fujisawa T, Noso S, Babaya N, Kawabata Y, Ikegami H. Congenic mapping of the MHC-linked susceptibility to type 1 diabetes in the NOD mouse: at least two genes contribute to the Idd16 effect. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1150:90-2 pubmed publisher..Phenotypic analysis of the strains indicated that MHC-linked susceptibility to type 1 diabetes consists of at least three components: Idd1, Idd16.2 adjacent to Idd1, and Idd16.1 telomeric to Idd16.2. ..
- Fukui K, Miyake Y. Molecular cloning and chromosomal localization of a human gene encoding D-amino-acid oxidase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:18631-8 pubmed..With the use of genomic DNAs prepared from human and Chinese hamster somatic hybrid cells as templates for the polymerase chain reaction, the gene for DAO was localized to human chromosome 12. ..
- Yanaka N, Kotera J, Ohtsuka A, Akatsuka H, Imai Y, Michibata H, et al. Expression, structure and chromosomal localization of the human cGMP-binding cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE5A gene. Eur J Biochem. 1998;255:391-9 pubmed..In particular, the evolutionary relatedness of these genes was suggested in the catalytic domain. Furthermore, chromosomal location of the PDE5A gene was defined as being chromosome 4q26 by fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis. ..
- Oshiumi H, Shida K, Goitsuka R, Kimura Y, Katoh J, Ohba S, et al. Regulator of complement activation (RCA) locus in chicken: identification of chicken RCA gene cluster and functional RCA proteins. J Immunol. 2005;175:1724-34 pubmed..Taken together, the chicken possesses an regulator of complement activation locus similar to those of the mammals, and the gene products function as complement regulators. ..
- Hatada I, Mukai T. Genomic imprinting of p57KIP2, a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, in mouse. Nat Genet. 1995;11:204-6 pubmed..This murine gene maps to the distal region of chromosome 7, within a cluster of imprinted genes, including insulin-2, insulin-like growth factor-2, H19 and Mash2 (refs 14-18). ..
- Encinas J, Kikuchi K, Chedotal A, de Castro F, Goodman C, Kimura T. Cloning, expression, and genetic mapping of Sema W, a member of the semaphorin family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2491-6 pubmed..This localization places Semaw within the locus for motor neuron degeneration 2, making it an attractive candidate gene for this disease. ..
- Hong Y, Ohishi K, Watanabe R, Endo Y, Maeda Y, Kinoshita T. GPI1 stabilizes an enzyme essential in the first step of glycosylphosphatidylinositol biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18582-8 pubmed..A lack of GPI1 also caused partial decreases of PIG-C and PIG-H. Therefore, GPI1 stabilizes the enzyme by tying up PIG-C with a complex of PIG-A and PIG-H. ..
- Ooe N, Saito K, Mikami N, Nakatuka I, Kaneko H. Identification of a novel basic helix-loop-helix-PAS factor, NXF, reveals a Sim2 competitive, positive regulatory role in dendritic-cytoskeleton modulator drebrin gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:608-16 pubmed
- Ishimitsu T, Kojima M, Kangawa K, Hino J, Matsuoka H, Kitamura K, et al. Genomic structure of human adrenomedullin gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:631-9 pubmed..These indicate that the human AM gene has components for its functional expression and that the expression may be subject to the activity of protein kinase C and the feedback from cAMP level. ..
- Ikegami H, Fujisawa T, Makino S, Ogihara T. Congenic mapping and candidate sequencing of susceptibility genes for Type 1 diabetes in the NOD mouse. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;1005:196-204 pubmed
- Komatsu K, Murata K, Kameyama M, Ayaki M, Mukai M, Ishiguro S, et al. Expression of S100A6 and S100A4 in matched samples of human colorectal mucosa, primary colorectal adenocarcinomas and liver metastases. Oncology. 2002;63:192-200 pubmed..The observed differential expression of S100A6 and S100A4 suggests that S100A6, rather than S100A4, is associated with human colorectal adenocarcinoma tumorigenesis and invasion/metastasis. ..
- Iguchi N, Tanaka H, Yomogida K, Nishimune Y. Isolation and characterization of a novel cDNA encoding a DNA-binding protein (Hils1) specifically expressed in testicular haploid germ cells. Int J Androl. 2003;26:354-65 pubmed..These findings suggest that Hils1 may play an important role in the structural changes of spermatid nuclei, such as nuclear condensation, and gene regulation of haploid germ cell differentiation. ..
- Kanari Y, Clerici M, Abe H, Kawabata H, Trabattoni D, Caputo S, et al. Genotypes at chromosome 22q12-13 are associated with HIV-1-exposed but uninfected status in Italians. AIDS. 2005;19:1015-24 pubmed..The data indicated the presence of a new genetic factor associated with the HIV-1-exposed but uninfected status. ..
- Hutchins A, Poulain S, Miranda Saavedra D. Genome-wide analysis of STAT3 binding in vivo predicts effectors of the anti-inflammatory response in macrophages. Blood. 2012;119:e110-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first in-depth study of the AIR by next-generation sequencing and provides an unprecedented degree of detail into this fundamental physiologic response. ..
- Howard M, Murakami Y, Pagnamenta A, Daumer Haas C, Fischer B, Hecht J, et al. Mutations in PGAP3 impair GPI-anchor maturation, causing a subtype of hyperphosphatasia with mental retardation. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:278-87 pubmed publisher..Impairment of PGAP3 causes a subtype of hyperphosphatasia with ID, a congenital disorder of glycosylation that is also referred to as Mabry syndrome. ..
- Chiba H, Michibata H, Wakimoto K, Seishima M, Kawasaki S, Okubo K, et al. Cloning of a gene for a novel epithelium-specific cytosolic phospholipase A2, cPLA2delta, induced in psoriatic skin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12890-7 pubmed..These results suggest that cPLA(2)delta exhibits a unique distribution pattern compared with that of known cPLA(2) subtypes, and it may play a critical role in inflammation in psoriatic lesions. ..
- Abe A, Koide H, Kohno T, Watabe K. A Bacillus subtilis spore coat polypeptide gene, cotS. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 6):1433-42 pubmed..Insertional mutagenesis of the cotS gene by introducing an integrative plasmid resulted in no alteration of growth or sporulation, and had no effect on germination or resistance to chloroform. ..
- Kosaka T, Miyata A, Ihara H, Hara S, Sugimoto T, Takeda O, et al. Characterization of the human gene (PTGS2) encoding prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2. Eur J Biochem. 1994;221:889-97 pubmed..3 and 1q25.2-q25.3, respectively, indicating that these genes are not genetically linked. ..
- Song C, Okumoto M, Mori N, Kim J, Han S, Esaki K. Mapping of new recessive cataract gene (lr2) in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:927-31 pubmed..The gene (lr2, lens rupture2) was mapped to the central part of Chromosome(Chr) 14, 0.7 +/- 0.7 cM from the micosatellite marker D14Mit28. ..
- Yoshinaka T, Nishii K, Yamada K, Sawada H, Nishiwaki E, Smith K, et al. Identification and characterization of novel mouse and human ADAM33s with potential metalloprotease activity. Gene. 2002;282:227-36 pubmed..From the results of phylogenic analysis based on primary amino acid sequence and distribution of the mRNA, these novel ADAM genes were thus named ADAM33. ..
- Kitaura M, Suzuki N, Imai T, Takagi S, Suzuki R, Nakajima T, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel human CC chemokine (Eotaxin-3) that is a functional ligand of CC chemokine receptor 3. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27975-80 pubmed..The strategy used in this study may also be applicable to identification of other unknown chemokine genes. ..
- Emi M, Asaoka H, Matsumoto A, Itakura H, Kurihara Y, Wada Y, et al. Structure, organization, and chromosomal mapping of the human macrophage scavenger receptor gene. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:2120-5 pubmed..Furthermore, the specific arrangement of exons played a role in determining the structural characteristics of functional domains. ..
- Kitamura K, Iguchi N, Kaneko Y, Tanaka H, Nishimune Y. Characterization of a novel postacrosomal perinuclear theca-specific protein, CYPT1. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1927-35 pubmed..CYPT1 and the proteins of the paralogous genes constitute a novel, basic cysteine-rich sperm protein family that may contribute to the function of the postacrosomal PT during nuclear shaping. ..
- Fukui K. Structural analyses of chromosomes and their constituent proteins. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2009;124:215-27 pubmed publisher..Finally, it is concluded that further advances in chromosome research are necessary to solve an enigma lasting nearly two centuries, that is, why chromosomes retain the same shape in plants and animals...
- Aihara T, Miyoshi Y, Koyama K, Suzuki M, Takahashi E, Monden M, et al. Cloning and mapping of SMARCA5 encoding hSNF2H, a novel human homologue of Drosophila ISWI. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;81:191-3 pubmed..Northern-blot analysis demonstrated ubiquitous expression of 5.1-kb and 4.1-kb transcripts of the hSNF2H gene. This gene was mapped by FISH to chromosome bands 4q31.1-->q31.2. ..
- Tsujikawa M, Kurahashi H, Tanaka T, Okada M, Yamamoto S, Maeda N, et al. Homozygosity mapping of a gene responsible for gelatinous drop-like corneal dystrophy to chromosome 1p. Am J Hum Genet. 1998;63:1073-7 pubmed..80 at the D1S2741 marker locus on the short arm of chromosome 1. Haplotype analysis further defined the disease locus within a region of approximately 2.6 cM between D1S2890 and D1S2801. ..
- Nozaki M, Onishi Y, Togashi S, Miyamoto H. Molecular characterization of the Drosophila Mo25 gene, which is conserved among Drosophila, mouse, and yeast. DNA Cell Biol. 1996;15:505-9 pubmed..Conservation of the gene structure and the wide expression profile indicated that the function of the gene is likely to be fundamental in many cell types as well as during development. ..
- Kato Y, Yashiro M, Noda S, Tendo M, Kashiwagi S, Doi Y, et al. Establishment and characterization of a new hypoxia-resistant cancer cell line, OCUM-12/Hypo, derived from a scirrhous gastric carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:898-907 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanisms by which hypoxia affects the aggressive phenotypes remain unclear...
- Tanabe K, Sakihama N, Walliker D, Babiker H, Abdel Muhsin A, Bakote e B, et al. Allelic dimorphism-associated restriction of recombination in Plasmodium falciparum msp1. Gene. 2007;397:153-60 pubmed..Thus, the present study indicates that allelic dimorphism of msp1 greatly affects inter-allelic recombination events, highlighting a unique feature of allelic diversity of P. falciparum msp1. ..
- Kawai J, Suzuki H, Hara A, Hirose K, Watanabe S. Human and mouse chromosomal mapping of Stac, a neuron-specific protein with an SH3 domain. Genomics. 1998;47:140-2 pubmed..By radiation hybrid mapping, STAC was assigned to human chromosome 3p22-p24, and it was found to be distinct from the ADCA type II locus. ..
- Nakajima H, Takenaka M, Kaimori J, Nagasawa Y, Kosugi A, Kawamoto S, et al. Gene expression profile of renal proximal tubules regulated by proteinuria. Kidney Int. 2002;61:1577-87 pubmed..The profiles include novel genes that should be further characterized to aid the understanding of the pathophysiology of progressive kidney diseases. ..
- Takamatsu H, Kodama T, Nakayama T, Watabe K. Characterization of the yrbA gene of Bacillus subtilis, involved in resistance and germination of spores. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:4986-94 pubmed..These results suggest that YrbA is involved in assembly of some coat proteins which have roles in both spore lysozyme resistance and germination. ..
- Kitagawa K, Wang X, Hatada I, Yamaoka T, Nojima H, Inazawa J, et al. Isolation and mapping of human homologues of an imprinted mouse gene U2af1-rs1. Genomics. 1995;30:257-63 pubmed..Amino acid sequences of human U2AF1-RS1 and U2AF-RS2 showed significant homology to U2AF small subunit. The group 3 gene, designated as U2AF1-RS3, of which the cDNA has not yet been isolated, was mapped to chromosome 19p13.2. ..
- Ikegami H, Fujisawa T, Makino S, Ogihara T. Genetic dissection of type 1 diabetes susceptibility gene, Idd3, by ancestral haplotype congenic mapping. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;958:325-8 pubmed..A preliminary study on a NOD strain congenic for the Il2 region of IIS has shown that the Il2 region of IIS confers susceptibility to type 1 diabetes, suggesting that Il2 may be responsible for the Idd3 effect. ..