Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cercopithecus aethiops in Fukuoka, Japan
Locale: Fukuoka, Japan
Topic: cercopithecus aethiops
- Masuyama N, Kuronita T, Tanaka R, Muto T, Hirota Y, Takigawa A, et al. HM1.24 is internalized from lipid rafts by clathrin-mediated endocytosis through interaction with alpha-adaptin. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15927-41 pubmed publisher..24 but not of the transferrin receptor. Taken together, our findings suggest that clathrin-dependent endocytosis of human HM1.24 from the cell surface lipid rafts is mediated by direct interaction with alpha-adaptin. ..
- Hirota Y, Tanaka Y. A small GTPase, human Rab32, is required for the formation of autophagic vacuoles under basal conditions. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:2913-32 pubmed publisher..We postulate that Rab32 facilitates the formation of autophagic vacuoles whose membranes are derived from the ER and regulates the clearance of aggregated proteins by autophagy. ..
- Iwasaki M, Takeda M, Shirogane Y, Nakatsu Y, Nakamura T, Yanagi Y. The matrix protein of measles virus regulates viral RNA synthesis and assembly by interacting with the nucleocapsid protein. J Virol. 2009;83:10374-83 pubmed publisher..Consequently, our results indicate that the M protein regulates MV RNA synthesis and assembly via its interaction with the N protein...
- Kobayashi K, Inoguchi T, Maeda Y, Nakashima N, Kuwano A, Eto E, et al. The lack of the C-terminal domain of adipose triglyceride lipase causes neutral lipid storage disease through impaired interactions with lipid droplets. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:2877-84 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the domain including the hydrophobic region of ATGL was essential for association with LDs. ..
- Furuno K, Ikeda K, Hamano S, Fukuyama K, Sonoda M, Hara T, et al. Onecut transcription factor OC2 is a direct target of T-bet in type-1 T-helper cells. Genes Immun. 2008;9:302-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that not only cell-extrinsic regulation via the IFN-gamma/STAT1 pathway, but also cell-intrinsic transcriptional positive feedback loop between T-bet and OC2 could be involved in Th1 development. ..
- Qin M, Kondo H, Tahira T, Hayashi K. Moderate reduction of Norrin signaling activity associated with the causative missense mutations identified in patients with familial exudative vitreoretinopathy. Hum Genet. 2008;122:615-23 pubmed..Our results illustrate the nature of FEVR in relation to Norrin signaling and further suggest the complexity of its disease causing mechanism. ..
- Sonoda K, Miyamoto S, Yamazaki A, Kobayashi H, Nakashima M, Mekada E, et al. Biologic significance of receptor-binding cancer antigen expressed on SiSo cells (RCAS1) as a pivotal regulator of tumor growth through angiogenesis in human uterine cancer. Cancer. 2007;110:1979-90 pubmed..0108). RCAS1 may be a pivotal regulator of tumor growth through angiogenesis. Continued exploration of the biologic function of RCAS1 may allow the development of novel therapeutic strategies for uterine cancer. ..
- Ohashi K, Nagata K, Toshima J, Nakano T, Arita H, Tsuda H, et al. Stimulation of sky receptor tyrosine kinase by the product of growth arrest-specific gene 6. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:22681-4 pubmed..Stimulation of Sky in response to Gas6 was inhibited by Sky-Fc. The half-maximal concentration of Gas6 that stimulated Sky was about 1 nM. Thus, Gas6 as a ligand for Sky specifically binds to and stimulates Sky receptor tyrosine kinase. ..
- Doiguchi M, Yamashita H, Ichinose J, Mori T, Shibata Y, Iida H. Complementary DNA cloning and characterization of rat spergen-1, a spermatogenic cell-specific gene-1, containing a mitochondria-targeting signal. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:1462-70 pubmed..We suggest that spergen-1 might be involved in spermiogenesis by transiently associating with spermatid mitochondria. ..
- Toshima J, Ohashi K, Iwashita S, Mizuno K. Autophosphorylation activity and association with Src family kinase of Sky receptor tyrosine kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;209:656-63 pubmed..These results suggest that the Src family kinase may play an important role in signal transduction of the Sky receptor. ..
- Tao R, Kawate H, Wu Y, Ohnaka K, Ishizuka M, Inoue A, et al. Testicular zinc finger protein recruits histone deacetylase 2 and suppresses the transactivation function and intranuclear foci formation of agonist-bound androgen receptor competitively with TIF2. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;247:150-65 pubmed
- Fan W, Yanase T, Nishi Y, Chiba S, Okabe T, Nomura M, et al. Functional potentiation of leptin-signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 signaling by the androgen receptor. Endocrinology. 2008;149:6028-36 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that AR in the hypothalamus functions as a regulator of central leptin-OBRB-STAT3 signaling and has a physiological role in energy homeostasis and metabolic regulation in male mice. ..
- Ishii Y, Miyoshi A, Maji D, Yamada H, Oguri K. Simultaneous expression of guinea pig UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B21 (UGT2B21) and 2B22 in COS-7 cells enhances UGT2B21-catalyzed chloramphenicol glucuronidation. Drug Metab Dispos. 2004;32:1057-60 pubmed..Hetero-oligomer formation of UGT2B21 and UGT2B22 may act by fine-tuning the catalytic glucuronidation of chloramphenicol. ..
- Tanaka H, Minakami R, Kanaya H, Sumimoto H. Catalytic residues of group VIB calcium-independent phospholipase A2 (iPLA2gamma). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:1284-90 pubmed
- Min L, Yanase T, Tanaka T, Fan W, Nomura M, Kawate H, et al. A novel synthetic androgen receptor ligand, S42, works as a selective androgen receptor modulator and possesses metabolic effects with little impact on the prostate. Endocrinology. 2009;150:5606-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, S42 works as an AR agonist in muscle and as an AR antagonist in the prostate, pituitary gland, and liver, accompanying beneficial potentials on lipid metabolism...
- Fan S, Goto K, Chen G, Morinaga H, Nomura M, Okabe T, et al. Identification of the functional domains of ANT-1, a novel coactivator of the androgen receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:192-201 pubmed..The existence of these functional domains may further support the idea that ANT-1 can function as an AR-AF-1-specific coactivator while mediating a transcription-splicing coupling. ..
- Yanagihori S, Terunuma M, Koyano K, Kanematsu T, Ho Ryu S, Hirata M. Protein phosphatase regulation by PRIP, a PLC-related catalytically inactive protein--implications in the phospho-modulation of the GABAA receptor. Adv Enzyme Regul. 2006;46:203-22 pubmed..These results suggest that PRIP plays an important role in controlling the dynamics of GABAA receptor phosphorylation by through PP1 binding and, therefore, the efficacy of synaptic inhibition mediated by these receptors. ..
- Tatsuo H, Ono N, Tanaka K, Yanagi Y. SLAM (CDw150) is a cellular receptor for measles virus. Nature. 2000;406:893-7 pubmed..The identification of SLAM as a receptor for measles virus opens the way to a better understanding of the pathogenesis of measles virus infection, especially the immunosuppression induced by measles virus. ..
- Yamamoto K, Sonoda M, Inokuchi J, Shirasawa S, Sasazuki T. Polycomb group suppressor of zeste 12 links heterochromatin protein 1alpha and enhancer of zeste 2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:401-6 pubmed..In addition SU(Z)12 represses transcription activity in the presence of HP1alpha in a reporter assay. These results provide a molecular explanation for the functional link of these epigenetic silencing processes mediated by Su(z)12. ..
- Hatakeyama S, Matsumoto M, Kamura T, Murayama M, Chui D, Planel E, et al. U-box protein carboxyl terminus of Hsc70-interacting protein (CHIP) mediates poly-ubiquitylation preferentially on four-repeat Tau and is involved in neurodegeneration of tauopathy. J Neurochem. 2004;91:299-307 pubmed..Thus, CHIP is a ubiquitin ligase for four-repeat tau and maintains neuronal survival by regulating the quality control of tau in neurons. ..
- Kobayashi H, Narita Y, Nishida M, Kurose H. Beta-arrestin2 enhances beta2-adrenergic receptor-mediated nuclear translocation of ERK. Cell Signal. 2005;17:1248-53 pubmed..As the carboxyl terminal region is important for beta-arrestin binding, these results demonstrate that recruitment of beta-arrestin2 to carboxyl terminal region of beta2AR is important for ERK localization to the nucleus. ..
- Ishibashi T, Ogawa S, Hashiguchi Y, Inoue Y, Udo H, Ohzono H, et al. A novel protein specifically interacting with Homer2 regulates ubiquitin-proteasome systems. J Biochem. 2005;137:617-23 pubmed
- Kurio H, Lee J, Kusakabe T, Iida H. Testis-specific cell adhesion molecule, CEACAM6-L, forms homophilic interaction at the cell adhesion site in vitro. Zoolog Sci. 2012;29:786-93 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that CEACAM6-L expressed in both germ cells and Sertoli cells forms homophilic trans-tetra complexes between these cells in the seminiferous epithelium. ..
- Ohzono C, Etoh S, Matsumoto M, Nakayama K, Hirota Y, Tanaka Y, et al. Nedd4-interacting protein 2, a short half-life membrane protein degraded in lysosomes, negatively controls down-regulation of connexin43. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:951-7 pubmed..Collectively these findings suggest that NDFIP2 may inhibit the Nedd4-dependent ubiquitylation of membrane proteins containing PY motifs, such as connexin43, in a competitive manner. ..
- Hayase J, Kamakura S, Iwakiri Y, Yamaguchi Y, Izaki T, Ito T, et al. The WD40 protein Morg1 facilitates Par6-aPKC binding to Crb3 for apical identity in epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:635-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, Par6-aPKC recruitment to the premature apical membrane appears to be required for definition of apical identity of epithelial cells...
- Yamaguchi A, Kaneko T, Inai T, Iida H. Molecular cloning and subcellular localization of Tektin2-binding protein 1 (Ccdc 172) in rat spermatozoa. J Histochem Cytochem. 2014;62:286-97 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that the TEKT2-TEKT2BP1 complex might be involved in the structural linkage between the ODF and mitochondria in the middle piece of the sperm flagella. ..
- Duan X, Hisaeda H, Shen J, Tu L, Imai T, Chou B, et al. The ubiquitin-proteasome system plays essential roles in presenting an 8-mer CTL epitope expressed in APC to corresponding CD8+ T cells. Int Immunol. 2006;18:679-87 pubmed..Thus, application of the ubiquitin-fusion degradation pathway was useful even in immunization with genes encoding a single CTL epitope for induction of specific and active CD8+ T cells. ..
- Kawate H, Wu Y, Ohnaka K, Tao R, Nakamura K, Okabe T, et al. Impaired nuclear translocation, nuclear matrix targeting, and intranuclear mobility of mutant androgen receptors carrying amino acid substitutions in the deoxyribonucleic acid-binding domain derived from androgen insensitivity syndrome patients. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:6162-9 pubmed..In this study, we examined whether intracellular dynamics of mutant ARs detected in two androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS) patients was impaired...
- Nakagawa T, Shirane M, Iemura S, Natsume T, Nakayama K. Anchoring of the 26S proteasome to the organellar membrane by FKBP38. Genes Cells. 2007;12:709-19 pubmed..These results suggest that FKBP38 functions to anchor the 26S proteasome at the organellar membrane. ..
- Takeda M, Tahara M, Hashiguchi T, Sato T, Jinnouchi F, Ueki S, et al. A human lung carcinoma cell line supports efficient measles virus growth and syncytium formation via a SLAM- and CD46-independent mechanism. J Virol. 2007;81:12091-6 pubmed..This infection model could advance our understanding of MV infection of SLAM-negative epithelial cells and tissues. ..
- Saigoh K, Yoshimura S, Izumikawa T, Miyata S, Tabara Y, Matsushita T, et al. Chondroitin sulfate Î²-1,4-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-1 (ChGn-1) polymorphism: Association with progression of multiple sclerosis. Neurosci Res. 2016;108:55-9 pubmed publisher..In men, patients who had MS with S126L had a slower disease progression. This cSNP might be associated with the sex differences in clinical course of MS. ..
- Miura S, Fujino M, Hanzawa H, Kiya Y, Imaizumi S, Matsuo Y, et al. Molecular mechanism underlying inverse agonist of angiotensin II type 1 receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19288-95 pubmed..A better understanding of the molecular mechanisms of the inverse agonism could be useful for the development of new G protein-coupled receptor antagonists with inverse agonist activity. ..
- Seki F, Takeda M, Minagawa H, Yanagi Y. Recombinant wild-type measles virus containing a single N481Y substitution in its haemagglutinin cannot use receptor CD46 as efficiently as that having the haemagglutinin of the Edmonston laboratory strain. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:1643-8 pubmed..This may be a reason why few CD46-using MVs are detected in vivo. ..
- Takeda M, Ohno S, Seki F, Nakatsu Y, Tahara M, Yanagi Y. Long untranslated regions of the measles virus M and F genes control virus replication and cytopathogenicity. J Virol. 2005;79:14346-54 pubmed..We speculate that the reduction in cytopathogenicity may be advantageous for MeV fitness and survival in nature. ..
- Honda S, Kozako T, Shimeno H, Soeda S, Harada N. LIM-homeodomain transcription factor, Lhx2, is involved in transcriptional control of brain-specific promoter/exon 1f of the mouse aromatase gene. J Neuroendocrinol. 2012;24:1367-74 pubmed publisher..These results show that Lhx2 is involved in the transcriptional regulation of aromatase in the rodent brain. ..
- Shirogane Y, Takeda M, Iwasaki M, Ishiguro N, Takeuchi H, Nakatsu Y, et al. Efficient multiplication of human metapneumovirus in Vero cells expressing the transmembrane serine protease TMPRSS2. J Virol. 2008;82:8942-6 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that TMPRSS2 is a possible candidate protease involved in the development of lower respiratory tract illness in HMPV-infected patients. ..
- Goto H, Terunuma M, Kanematsu T, Misumi Y, Moss S, Hirata M. Direct interaction of N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor with GABA(A) receptor beta subunits. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;30:197-206 pubmed..Together, our results suggest an important role for NSF activity in regulating the cell surface stability of GABA(A) receptors. ..
- Chen G, Nomura M, Morinaga H, Matsubara E, Okabe T, Goto K, et al. Modulation of androgen receptor transactivation by FoxH1. A newly identified androgen receptor corepressor. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36355-63 pubmed
- Kuroda J, Kitazono T, Ago T, Ninomiya T, Ooboshi H, Kamouchi M, et al. NAD(P)H oxidase p22phox C242T polymorphism and ischemic stroke in Japan: the Fukuoka Stroke Registry and the Hisayama study. Eur J Neurol. 2007;14:1091-7 pubmed..The present results suggest that the p22phox C242T polymorphism may have a protective effect against cardioembolic infarction, but is not related to lacunar and atherothrombotic infarction in Japan. ..
- Tanaka A, Nagayoshi M, Awata S, Mawatari Y, Tanaka I, Kusunoki H. Completion of meiosis in human primary spermatocytes through in vitro coculture with Vero cells. Fertil Steril. 2003;79 Suppl 1:795-801 pubmed..These newly developed cells were proved to be round spermatids by chromosomal analysis. It was verified that a primary spermatocyte developed into round spermatids after completing two cycles of meiosis through in vitro culture. ..
- Miyano K, Sumimoto H. Assessment of the role for Rho family GTPases in NADPH oxidase activation. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;827:195-212 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe methods for the assay of Rac binding to p67( phox ) and Noxa1 and for the reconstitution of Rac-dependent Nox activity in cell-free and whole-cell systems. ..
- Nakatsu Y, Takeda M, Iwasaki M, Yanagi Y. A highly attenuated measles virus vaccine strain encodes a fully functional C protein. J Virol. 2009;83:11996-2001 pubmed publisher..Analyses with this system indicated that a highly attenuated Edmonston lineage vaccine strain encodes a fully functional C protein, and the P and/or V protein is involved in the attenuated phenotype. ..
- Wu Y, Kawate H, Ohnaka K, Nawata H, Takayanagi R. Nuclear compartmentalization of N-CoR and its interactions with steroid receptors. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6633-55 pubmed..The focus formation may reflect the accumulation of SHR/coactivator complexes released from the transcriptionally active sites and thus be a mirror of transcriptionally active complex formation...
- Hirota Y, Kuronita T, Fujita H, Tanaka Y. A role for Rab5 activity in the biogenesis of endosomal and lysosomal compartments. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:40-7 pubmed..Thus, our findings suggest a regulatory role for Rab5 in not only the early endocytic pathway, but also the late endocytic pathway, of membrane trafficking in coordination with PI(3)K activity. ..
- Yamao T, Eshita Y, Kihara Y, Satho T, Kuroda M, Sekizuka T, et al. Novel virus discovery in field-collected mosquito larvae using an improved system for rapid determination of viral RNA sequences (RDV ver4.0). Arch Virol. 2009;154:153-8 pubmed publisher..We used a high-throughput pyrosequencing approach to obtain more information about the genome sequence of PhaV. Analysis of a phylogenic tree based on amino acid sequences strongly suggested that PhaV belongs to the family Bunyaviridae...
- Kaneko T, Murayama E, Kurio H, Yamaguchi A, Iida H. Characterization of Spetex-1, a new component of satellite fibrils associated with outer dense fibers in the middle piece of rodent sperm flagella. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:363-72 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that Spetex-1, a new component of satellite fibrils, might be involved in the structural stability of the sperm flagellar middle piece and functions in co-operation with Tektin4. ..
- Takeya R, Sumimoto H. Fhos, a mammalian formin, directly binds to F-actin via a region N-terminal to the FH1 domain and forms a homotypic complex via the FH2 domain to promote actin fiber formation. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:4567-75 pubmed..Thus, the mammalian formin Fhos, which directly binds to F-actin via the N-terminal region, forms a homotypic complex via the FH2 domain to organize actin cytoskeleton...
- Fan W, Yanase T, Morinaga H, Okabe T, Nomura M, Daitoku H, et al. Insulin-like growth factor 1/insulin signaling activates androgen signaling through direct interactions of Foxo1 with androgen receptor. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7329-38 pubmed
- Furuno K, Masatsugu T, Sonoda M, Sasazuki T, Yamamoto K. Association of Polycomb group SUZ12 with WD-repeat protein MEP50 that binds to histone H2A selectively in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:1051-8 pubmed..These results suggest that SUZ12 might have a role in transcriptional regulation through physical interaction with MEP50 that can be an adaptor between PRMT5 and its substrate H2A. ..