Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell surface receptors in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: cell surface receptors
Publications133 found, 100 shown here
- Seto M, Ohta M, Asaoka Y, Ikenoue T, Tada M, Miyabayashi K, et al. Regulation of the hedgehog signaling by the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade in gastric cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2009;48:703-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the KRAS-MEK-ERK cascade has a positive regulatory role in GLI transcriptional activity in gastric cancer. ..
- Tsukimoto K, Takada R, Araki Y, Suzuki K, Karita S, Wakagi T, et al. Recognition of cellooligosaccharides by a family 28 carbohydrate-binding module. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:1205-11 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the glucan chain bound on CBM28 is in the opposite direction of that bound to CBM17, although these families share significant structural similarity. ..
- Harumiya S, Takeda K, Sugiura T, Fukumoto Y, Tachikawa H, Miyazono K, et al. Characterization of ficolins as novel elastin-binding proteins and molecular cloning of human ficolin-1. J Biochem. 1996;120:745-51 pubmed..These data suggested that there are at least two kinds of ficolin-related proteins in both pig and human, and they may function as plasma proteins with elastin-binding activities. ..
- Hama T, Maruyama M, Katoh Semba R, Takizawa M, Iwashima M, Nara K. Identification and molecular cloning of a novel brain-specific receptor protein that binds to brain injury-derived neurotrophic peptide. Possible role for neuronal survival. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:31929-35 pubmed..The mRNA for p40BBP is specific for the rat brain and is increased after birth. From immunohistochemical studies using mAb 6A22, p40BBP increased after kainic acid treatment in rat hippocampal neurons. ..
- Nakajima H, Katagiri Y, Kiyokawa N, Taguchi T, Suzuki T, Sekino T, et al. Single-step method for purification of Shiga toxin-1 B subunit using receptor-mediated affinity chromatography by globotriaosylceramide-conjugated octyl sepharose CL-4B. Protein Expr Purif. 2001;22:267-75 pubmed..This versatile purification method can be used to isolate various types of natural as well as recombinant Stx, facilitating fundamental studies of human diseases caused by this toxin. ..
- Yao R, Maeda T, Takada S, Noda T. Identification of a PDZ domain containing Golgi protein, GOPC, as an interaction partner of frizzled. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:771-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that GOPC may play a role in the vesicle transport of frizzled from the Golgi apparatus to the plasma membrane. ..
- Ito D, Tanahashi N, Murata M, Sato H, Saito I, Watanabe K, et al. Notch3 gene polymorphism and ischaemic cerebrovascular disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002;72:382-4 pubmed..65, p=0.311). In conclusion, the results indicate that T6746C polymorphism in the intracellular domain of the Notch3 gene is not associated with an increased risk for CVD. ..
- Fukami K, Yoshida M, Inoue T, Kurokawa M, Fissore R, Yoshida N, et al. Phospholipase Cdelta4 is required for Ca2+ mobilization essential for acrosome reaction in sperm. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:79-88 pubmed..These results indicate that PLCdelta4 is an important enzyme for intracellular [Ca2+]i mobilization in the ZP-induced acrosome reaction and for sustained [Ca2+]i increases through SOC induced by ZP and progesterone in sperm. ..
- Hashiguchi Y, Furuta Y, Kawahara R, Nishida M. Diversification and adaptive evolution of putative sweet taste receptors in threespine stickleback. Gene. 2007;396:170-9 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that, in stickleback, T1R2s have diversified through adaptation to various environments, probably to perceive substances important for its survival and reproduction...
- Kamada N, Hisamatsu T, Honda H, Kobayashi T, Chinen H, Kitazume M, et al. Human CD14+ macrophages in intestinal lamina propria exhibit potent antigen-presenting ability. J Immunol. 2009;183:1724-31 pubmed publisher..These observations highlight a role for LP Mphi in the enhanced Th1, and potentially in Th17 differentiation, at the inflammatory site of inflammatory bowel diseases. ..
- Mizuguchi Y, Ichihara A, Seki Y, Sakoda M, Kurauchi Mito A, Narita T, et al. Renoprotective effects of mineralocorticoid receptor blockade in heminephrectomized (pro)renin receptor transgenic rats. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2010;37:569-73 pubmed publisher..5. The results of the present study suggest that the improvement in proteinuria following eplerenone treatment is independent of its effects on sodium balance and may be mediated by effects on the expression of slit diaphragm proteins. ..
- Oboki K, Ohno T, Kajiwara N, Saito H, Nakae S. IL-33 and IL-33 receptors in host defense and diseases. Allergol Int. 2010;59:143-60 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize and discuss the current knowledge regarding the roles of IL-33 and IL-33 receptors in host defense and disease development. ..
- Takeda T, Yoshino K, Adachi E, Sato Y, Yamagata K. In vitro assessment of a chemically synthesized Shiga toxin receptor analog attached to chromosorb P (Synsorb Pk) as a specific absorbing agent of Shiga toxin 1 and 2. Microbiol Immunol. 1999;43:331-7 pubmed
- Ohba S, Kawaguchi H, Kugimiya F, Ogasawara T, Kawamura N, Saito T, et al. Patched1 haploinsufficiency increases adult bone mass and modulates Gli3 repressor activity. Dev Cell. 2008;14:689-99 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that Hh-Ptch1 signaling plays a crucial role in postnatal bone homeostasis and point to Hh-Ptch1 signaling as a potential molecular target for the treatment of osteoporosis. ..
- Takeda S, Kadowaki S, Haga T, Takaesu H, Mitaku S. Identification of G protein-coupled receptor genes from the human genome sequence. FEBS Lett. 2002;520:97-101 pubmed..The total number of GPCRs with and without introns in the human genome was estimated to be approximately 950, of which 500 are odorant or taste receptors and 450 are receptors for endogenous ligands. ..
- Ide K, Goto Koshino Y, Momoi Y, Fujino Y, Ohno K, Tsujimoto H. Quantitative analysis of mRNA transcripts of Hox, SHH, PTCH, Wnt, and Fzd genes in canine hematopoietic progenitor cells and various in vitro colonies differentiated from the cells. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:69-77 pubmed..These results suggested important roles of the products of these genes in self-renewal, expansion, and survival of hematopoietic progenitor cells in dogs as shown in humans and rodents. ..
- Takeuchi H, Inokuchi K, Aoki M, Suto F, Tsuboi A, Matsuda I, et al. Sequential arrival and graded secretion of Sema3F by olfactory neuron axons specify map topography at the bulb. Cell. 2010;141:1056-67 pubmed publisher..Sequential arrival of OSN axons as well as the graded and complementary expression of Nrp2 and Sema3F by OSNs help to form the topographic order along the D-V axis. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Kitayama J, Takuwa N, Arikawa K, Inoki I, Takehara K, et al. Sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor subtype-specific positive and negative regulation of Rac and haematogenous metastasis of melanoma cells. Biochem J. 2003;374:715-22 pubmed
- Matsukura S, Kokubu F, Kurokawa M, Kawaguchi M, Ieki K, Kuga H, et al. Role of RIG-I, MDA-5, and PKR on the expression of inflammatory chemokines induced by synthetic dsRNA in airway epithelial cells. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2007;143 Suppl 1:80-3 pubmed..TLR3 may play a major role as reported previously. ..
- Suzukawa M, Koketsu R, Iikura M, Nakae S, Matsumoto K, Nagase H, et al. Interleukin-33 enhances adhesion, CD11b expression and survival in human eosinophils. Lab Invest. 2008;88:1245-53 pubmed publisher..The IL-33-ST2 pathway might be an important regulator of eosinophil biology in the pathogenesis of Th2-biased allergic diseases. ..
- Seki Y, Ichihara A, Mizuguchi Y, Sakoda M, Kurauchi Mito A, Narita T, et al. Add-on blockade of (pro)renin receptor in imidapril-treated diabetic SHRsp. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2010;2:972-9 pubmed..Thus, (pro)renin receptor contributes to the accelerated pathogenesis in the heart and kidneys of diabetic SHRsp. ..
- Shuto Y, Shibasaki T, Otagiri A, Kuriyama H, Ohata H, Tamura H, et al. Hypothalamic growth hormone secretagogue receptor regulates growth hormone secretion, feeding, and adiposity. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:1429-36 pubmed..GH secretion and plasma insulin-like growth factor-I levels were reduced in female Tg rats. These results suggest that GHS-R in the Arc is involved in the regulation of GH secretion, food intake, and adiposity. ..
- Takei M, Ishiwata T, Mitamura K, Fujiwara S, Sasaki K, Nishi T, et al. Decreased expression of signaling lymphocytic-activation molecule-associated protein (SAP) transcripts in T cells from patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Int Immunol. 2001;13:559-65 pubmed..Our findings have suggested that decreased expression of the SAP gene might be involved in the onset or progress of RA. ..
- Saitoh T, Hirai M, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human Frizzled-8 gene on chromosome 10p11.2. Int J Oncol. 2001;18:991-6 pubmed..Up-regulation of FZD8 might play key roles in several types of human cancer through activation of the beta-catenin-TCF pathway. ..
- Shinoda Y, Yamaguchi M, Ogata N, Akune T, Kubota N, Yamauchi T, et al. Regulation of bone formation by adiponectin through autocrine/paracrine and endocrine pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2006;99:196-208 pubmed
- Yagami A, Orihara K, Morita H, Futamura K, Hashimoto N, Matsumoto K, et al. IL-33 mediates inflammatory responses in human lung tissue cells. J Immunol. 2010;185:5743-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that IL-33-mediated inflammatory responses of lung tissue cells may be involved in the chronic allergic inflammation of the asthmatic airway. ..
- Onoue H, Satoh J, Ogawa M, Tabunoki H, Yamamura T. Detection of anti-Nogo receptor autoantibody in the serum of multiple sclerosis and controls. Acta Neurol Scand. 2007;115:153-60 pubmed..Furthermore, 60% of MS, 18% of OND and 14% of HC showed anti-NgR-Fc IgG. Because IgG autoantibodies against N66, NgR and MOG are often detected in the serum of MS and controls, they do not serve as an MS-specific marker. ..
- Yoshida Y, Saitoh K, Aihara Y, Okada S, Misaka T, Abe K. Transient receptor potential channel M5 and phospholipaseC-beta2 colocalizing in zebrafish taste receptor cells. Neuroreport. 2007;18:1517-20 pubmed..These results demonstrate that zfTRPM5 and PLC-beta2 colocalize in zebrafish taste receptor cells, suggesting their crucial roles in taste signaling via the fish taste receptors. ..
- Ishimaru Y, Matsunami H. Transient receptor potential (TRP) channels and taste sensation. J Dent Res. 2009;88:212-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that polycystic kidney disease-1-like 3/polycystic kidney disease-2-like 1 may play a significant role, possibly as taste receptors, in sour taste sensation...
- Yanagisawa J, Yanagi Y, Masuhiro Y, Suzawa M, Watanabe M, Kashiwagi K, et al. Convergence of transforming growth factor-beta and vitamin D signaling pathways on SMAD transcriptional coactivators. Science. 1999;283:1317-21 pubmed..Thus, Smad3 may mediate cross-talk between vitamin D and TGF-beta signaling pathways. ..
- Tanikawa C, Matsuda K, Fukuda S, Nakamura Y, Arakawa H. p53RDL1 regulates p53-dependent apoptosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:216-23 pubmed..We suggest that p53 might regulate the survival of damaged cells by balancing the regulation of Netrin-p53RDL1 signalling, and cell death through cleavage of p53RDL1 for apoptosis. ..
- Nakahara S, Tsunoda T, Baba T, Asabe S, Tahara H. Dendritic cells stimulated with a bacterial product, OK-432, efficiently induce cytotoxic T lymphocytes specific to tumor rejection peptide. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4112-8 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that OK-432 could be applied to develop an efficient cancer vaccine using DCs pulsed with tumor rejection peptides. ..
- Miyazaki S, Ishikawa F, Fujikawa T, Nagata S, Yamaguchi K. Intraperitoneal injection of lipopolysaccharide induces dynamic migration of Gr-1high polymorphonuclear neutrophils in the murine abdominal cavity. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2004;11:452-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that LPS induced PMN death and that many PMNs expressing Gr-1(high) undergo apoptosis 180 min postinjection of LPS...
- Ishikawa M, Kitayama J, Yamauchi T, Kadowaki T, Maki T, Miyato H, et al. Adiponectin inhibits the growth and peritoneal metastasis of gastric cancer through its specific membrane receptors AdipoR1 and AdipoR2. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1120-7 pubmed..Although adiponectin was already reported to have antiangiogenic effects, our results suggest that the antitumor effect of adiponectin was, at least partially, dependent on the direct effects on tumor cells. ..
- Sugano Y, Takeuchi M, Hirata A, Matsushita H, Kitamura T, Tanaka M, et al. Junctional adhesion molecule-A, JAM-A, is a novel cell-surface marker for long-term repopulating hematopoietic stem cells. Blood. 2008;111:1167-72 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that JAM-A is expressed on hematopoietic precursors in various hematopoietic tissues and is an excellent marker to isolate LTR-HSCs. ..
- Hirohashi N, Kamei N, Kubo H, Sawada H, Matsumoto M, Hoshi M. Egg and sperm recognition systems during fertilization. Dev Growth Differ. 2008;50 Suppl 1:S221-38 pubmed publisher..Here, we introduce the molecules controlling the sperm AR, sperm attachment to, and penetration through, the egg investments. ..
- Morita Y, Ema H, Nakauchi H. Heterogeneity and hierarchy within the most primitive hematopoietic stem cell compartment. J Exp Med. 2010;207:1173-82 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the complexity and hierarchy of reconstitution capability, even among HSCs in the most primitive compartment. ..
- Kitaguchi T, Murata M, Anbo H, Moriki T, Ikeda Y. Characterization of the gene encoding mouse platelet glycoprotien Ib beta. Thromb Res. 1997;87:235-44 pubmed..The promoter region contained putative GATA and ets binding motif implicated in megakaryocytic expression. Mouse GPIb beta also contained a leucine-rich glycoprotein (LRG) sequence of 24 amino acids same as human GPIb beta. ..
- Muroi M, Ohnishi T, Tanamoto K. Regions of the mouse CD14 molecule required for toll-like receptor 2- and 4-mediated activation of NF-kappa B. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42372-9 pubmed
- Sasaki S, Tabata H, Tachikawa K, Nakajima K. The cortical subventricular zone-specific molecule Svet1 is part of the nuclear RNA coded by the putative netrin receptor gene Unc5d and is expressed in multipolar migrating cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;38:474-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, the previously reported "SVZ-specific expression of the Svet1 RNA" in fact indicates putative involvement of UNC5D signaling in the multipolar migrating cells. ..
- Shimojima K, Adachi M, Tanaka M, Tanaka Y, Kurosawa K, Yamamoto T. Clinical features of microdeletion 9q22.3 (pat). Clin Genet. 2009;75:384-93 pubmed publisher..Overgrowth is not a common finding in Gorlin syndrome. We reviewed 23 patients reported to have a 9q22 deletion. Five patients, including our patient, had overgrowth and loss of the paternal allele. ..
- Shimizu K, Chiba S, Saito T, Kumano K, Takahashi T, Hirai H. Manic fringe and lunatic fringe modify different sites of the Notch2 extracellular region, resulting in different signaling modulation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25753-8 pubmed..Taking these findings together, we propose that the difference in modulatory function of multiple fringe proteins may result from the distinct amino acid sequence specificity targeted by these glycosyltransferases. ..
- Sugawara I, Yamada H, Mizuno S, Takeda K, Akira S. Mycobacterial infection in MyD88-deficient mice. Microbiol Immunol. 2003;47:841-7 pubmed..Also, there may be a TLR2-specific, MyD88-independent IL-1 receptor/TLR-mediated pathway to activate NF-kappa B in the host defense against mycobacterial infection. ..
- Saitoh S, Akashi S, Yamada T, Tanimura N, Kobayashi M, Konno K, et al. Lipid A antagonist, lipid IVa, is distinct from lipid A in interaction with Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-MD-2 and ligand-induced TLR4 oligomerization. Int Immunol. 2004;16:961-9 pubmed..Given that the antagonistic activity of lipid IVa is determined by MD-2, MD-2 has an important role in a link between ligand interaction and TLR4 oligomerization. ..
- Kim Y, Sato K, Asagiri M, Morita I, Soma K, Takayanagi H. Contribution of nuclear factor of activated T cells c1 to the transcriptional control of immunoreceptor osteoclast-associated receptor but not triggering receptor expressed by myeloid cells-2 during osteoclastogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32905-13 pubmed..These mechanisms, possibly together with the delicate regulation of their ligands on osteoblasts, may provide the exquisite machinery for the modulation of osteoclastogenesis in the maintenance of bone homeostasis. ..
- Kimura M, Taniguchi M, Mikami Y, Masuda T, Yoshida T, Mishina M, et al. Identification and characterization of zebrafish semaphorin 6D. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:762-8 pubmed..It induces the repulsion of dorsal root ganglion axons, but not sympathetic axons. Consequently, Sema6D might use Plexin-A1 as a receptor to repel specific types of axons during development. ..
- Satofuka S, Ichihara A, Nagai N, Noda K, Ozawa Y, Fukamizu A, et al. (Pro)renin receptor promotes choroidal neovascularization by activating its signal transduction and tissue renin-angiotensin system. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1911-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the significant contribution of RAPS to CNV pathogenesis. ..
- Nagashio R, Sato Y, Matsumoto T, Kageyama T, Satoh Y, Shinichiro R, et al. Expression of RACK1 is a novel biomarker in pulmonary adenocarcinomas. Lung Cancer. 2010;69:54-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RACK1 may be a novel differential diagnostic marker for pulmonary adenocarcinomas. ..
- Nawa K, Sakano K, Fujiwara H, Sato Y, Sugiyama N, Teruuchi T, et al. Presence and function of chondroitin-4-sulfate on recombinant human soluble thrombomodulin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;171:729-37 pubmed..Both anticoagulant activities were lost after chondroitinase treatment of rsTM beta. ..
- Matsushita M, Shichiri M, Imai T, Iwashina M, Tanaka H, Takasu N, et al. Co-expression of urotensin II and its receptor (GPR14) in human cardiovascular and renal tissues. J Hypertens. 2001;19:2185-90 pubmed
- Sonoda H, Aoki J, Hiramatsu T, Ishida M, Bandoh K, Nagai Y, et al. A novel phosphatidic acid-selective phospholipase A1 that produces lysophosphatidic acid. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34254-63 pubmed..These data show that the enzyme is a membrane-associated PA-selective PLA(1) and suggest that it has a role in LPA production. ..
- Matsumoto S, Hara T, Hori T, Mitsuyama K, Nagaoka M, Tomiyasu N, et al. Probiotic Lactobacillus-induced improvement in murine chronic inflammatory bowel disease is associated with the down-regulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines in lamina propria mononuclear cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;140:417-26 pubmed..Therefore, LcS may be a useful probiotic for the treatment of human inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Satofuka S, Ichihara A, Nagai N, Yamashiro K, Koto T, Shinoda H, et al. Suppression of ocular inflammation in endotoxin-induced uveitis by inhibiting nonproteolytic activation of prorenin. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:2686-92 pubmed..The present study suggests the potential use of HRP, a decoy peptide binding to the prorenin receptor, as a therapeutic agent to reduce ocular inflammation. ..
- Ito A, Suganami T, Yamauchi A, Degawa Yamauchi M, Tanaka M, Kouyama R, et al. Role of CC chemokine receptor 2 in bone marrow cells in the recruitment of macrophages into obese adipose tissue. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35715-23 pubmed publisher..This study provides in vivo and in vitro evidence that CCR2 in bone marrow cells plays an important role in the recruitment of macrophages into obese adipose tissue. ..
- Kodo K, Nishizawa T, Furutani M, Arai S, Yamamura E, Joo K, et al. GATA6 mutations cause human cardiac outflow tract defects by disrupting semaphorin-plexin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13933-8 pubmed publisher..Together, our data implicate mutations in GATA6 as genetic causes of CHD involving OFT development, as a result of the disruption of the direct regulation of semaphorin-plexin signaling. ..
- Sakoda M, Ichihara A, Kurauchi Mito A, Narita T, Kinouchi K, Murohashi Bokuda K, et al. Aliskiren inhibits intracellular angiotensin II levels without affecting (pro)renin receptor signals in human podocytes. Am J Hypertens. 2010;23:575-80 pubmed publisher..Aliskiren is the most potent inhibitor of intracellular AngII levels of human podocytes among RAS inhibitors, although it is incapable of inhibiting the (P)RR-dependent ERK phosphorylation. ..
- Sekizawa A, Purwosunu Y, Farina A, Shimizu H, Nakamura M, Wibowo N, et al. Prediction of pre-eclampsia by an analysis of placenta-derived cellular mRNA in the blood of pregnant women at 15-20 weeks of gestation. BJOG. 2010;117:557-64 pubmed publisher..884 (P < 0.001). A panel of cellular mRNA markers in maternal blood can predict the development of pre-eclampsia long before clinical onset. ..
- Miyazono K. Signal transduction by bone morphogenetic protein receptors: functional roles of Smad proteins. Bone. 1999;25:91-3 pubmed..Anti-Smads are induced by ligand stimulation, suggesting that they constitute a negative feedback loop in the signal transduction pathways of the TGF-beta superfamily. ..
- Takagi K, Saito Y, Sawada J. Proteasomes are involved in the constitutive degradation of growth hormone receptors. Biol Pharm Bull. 2001;24:744-8 pubmed..Our results also suggest that ubiquitination of the hGHR itself is unlikely to be the trigger of the proteasome-dependent degradation. ..
- Nakajima M, Shimada A, Takashi Y, Kim Y, Park S, Ueguchi Tanaka M, et al. Identification and characterization of Arabidopsis gibberellin receptors. Plant J. 2006;46:880-9 pubmed..The expression of each AtGID1 clone in the rice gid1-1 mutant rescued the GA-insensitive dwarf phenotype. These results demonstrate that all three AtGID1s functioned as GA receptors in Arabidopsis. ..
- Aoki H, Fujii M, Imamura T, Yagi K, Takehara K, Kato M, et al. Synergistic effects of different bone morphogenetic protein type I receptors on alkaline phosphatase induction. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:1483-9 pubmed..Thus, ALK-2 and ALK-3 (or ALK-6) might synergistically induce osteoblast differentiation of C2C12 cells, possibly through efficient activation of downstream signaling pathways. ..
- Shimizu K, Chiba S, Saito T, Takahashi T, Kumano K, Hamada Y, et al. Integrity of intracellular domain of Notch ligand is indispensable for cleavage required for release of the Notch2 intracellular domain. EMBO J. 2002;21:294-302 pubmed
- Iwasaki M, Nagata K, Takano S, Takahashi K, Ishii N, Ikezawa Z. Association of a new-type prostaglandin D2 receptor CRTH2 with circulating T helper 2 cells in patients with atopic dermatitis. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;119:609-16 pubmed..Our results suggest the involvement of the prostaglandin D2/CRTH2 system in both normal and pathogenic T helper 2 responses. ..
- Okugawa S, Ota Y, Kitazawa T, Nakayama K, Yanagimoto S, Tsukada K, et al. Janus kinase 2 is involved in lipopolysaccharide-induced activation of macrophages. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;285:C399-408 pubmed..Phosphorylation of JAK2 via LPS stimulation is important for the production of IL-1beta via the PI3K/JNK cascade. Thus JAK2 plays a pivotal role in LPS-induced signaling in macrophages. ..
- Yamauchi T, Kamon J, Ito Y, Tsuchida A, Yokomizo T, Kita S, et al. Cloning of adiponectin receptors that mediate antidiabetic metabolic effects. Nature. 2003;423:762-9 pubmed
- Saitoh S, Akashi S, Yamada T, Tanimura N, Matsumoto F, Fukase K, et al. Ligand-dependent Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-oligomerization is directly linked with TLR4-signaling. J Endotoxin Res. 2004;10:257-60 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ligand-induced TLR4-oligomerization is directly linked with TLR4-signaling and suggest that MD-2 has an important role in regulating TLR4-oligomerization. ..
- Kodama T, Ikeda E, Okada A, Ohtsuka T, Shimoda M, Shiomi T, et al. ADAM12 is selectively overexpressed in human glioblastomas and is associated with glioblastoma cell proliferation and shedding of heparin-binding epidermal growth factor. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:1743-53 pubmed
- Kobayashi M, Saitoh S, Tanimura N, Takahashi K, Kawasaki K, Nishijima M, et al. Regulatory roles for MD-2 and TLR4 in ligand-induced receptor clustering. J Immunol. 2006;176:6211-8 pubmed..These results support a principal role for MD-2 in LPS recognition. ..
- Yamauchi T, Nio Y, Maki T, Kobayashi M, Takazawa T, Iwabu M, et al. Targeted disruption of AdipoR1 and AdipoR2 causes abrogation of adiponectin binding and metabolic actions. Nat Med. 2007;13:332-9 pubmed..Therefore, AdipoR1 and R2 serve as the predominant receptors for adiponectin in vivo and play important roles in the regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism, inflammation and oxidative stress in vivo. ..
- Kaneshiro Y, Ichihara A, Sakoda M, Takemitsu T, Nabi A, Uddin M, et al. Slowly progressive, angiotensin II-independent glomerulosclerosis in human (pro)renin receptor-transgenic rats. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:1789-95 pubmed..This study clearly provided in vivo evidence for the AngII-independent MAPK activation by human (pro)renin receptor and induction of glomerulosclerosis with increased TGF-beta1 expression. ..
- Katoh M, Hattori Y, Sasaki H, Tanaka M, Sugano K, Yazaki Y, et al. K-sam gene encodes secreted as well as transmembrane receptor tyrosine kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:2960-4 pubmed
- Ishii S, Kuwaki T, Nagase T, Maki K, Tashiro F, Sunaga S, et al. Impaired anaphylactic responses with intact sensitivity to endotoxin in mice lacking a platelet-activating factor receptor. J Exp Med. 1998;187:1779-88 pubmed..These mutant mice clearly show that PAF plays a dominant role in eliciting anaphylaxis, but that it is not essential for reproduction, brain development, or endotoxic shock. ..
- Sakamoto K, Yamaguchi S, Ando R, Miyawaki A, Kabasawa Y, Takagi M, et al. The nephroblastoma overexpressed gene (NOV/ccn3) protein associates with Notch1 extracellular domain and inhibits myoblast differentiation via Notch signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29399-405 pubmed..These results indicate that NOV-Notch1 association exerts a positive effect on Notch signaling and consequently suppresses myogenesis. ..
- Hosoe N, Miura S, Watanabe C, Tsuzuki Y, Hokari R, Oyama T, et al. Demonstration of functional role of TECK/CCL25 in T lymphocyte-endothelium interaction in inflamed and uninflamed intestinal mucosa. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;286:G458-66 pubmed..TECK/CCL25 may thus play an important role in the adherence of mucosal lymphocytes to the microvessels of the small intestine but not the colon under uninflamed as well as inflamed conditions. ..
- Kamakura S, Oishi K, Yoshimatsu T, Nakafuku M, Masuyama N, Gotoh Y. Hes binding to STAT3 mediates crosstalk between Notch and JAK-STAT signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:547-54 pubmed..These results suggest that direct protein-protein interactions coordinate cross-talk between the Notch-Hes and JAK-STAT pathways. ..
- Niisato K, Fujikawa A, Komai S, Shintani T, Watanabe E, Sakaguchi G, et al. Age-dependent enhancement of hippocampal long-term potentiation and impairment of spatial learning through the Rho-associated kinase pathway in protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type Z-deficient mice. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1081-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that the lack of Ptprz leads to aberrant activation of ROCK and resultantly to enhanced LTP in the slice and learning impairments in the animal. ..
- Shinohara H, Inoue A, Toyama Sorimachi N, Nagai Y, Yasuda T, Suzuki H, et al. Dok-1 and Dok-2 are negative regulators of lipopolysaccharide-induced signaling. J Exp Med. 2005;201:333-9 pubmed..Thus, Dok-1 and Dok-2 are essential negative regulators downstream of TLR4, implying a novel PTK-dependent pathway in innate immunity. ..
- Honda K, Yanai H, Negishi H, Asagiri M, Sato M, Mizutani T, et al. IRF-7 is the master regulator of type-I interferon-dependent immune responses. Nature. 2005;434:772-7 pubmed..Thus, all elements of IFN responses, whether the systemic production of IFN in innate immunity or the local action of IFN from plasmacytoid dendritic cells in adaptive immunity, are under the control of IRF-7. ..
- Fukazawa N, Yokoyama S, Eiraku M, Kengaku M, Maeda N. Receptor type protein tyrosine phosphatase zeta-pleiotrophin signaling controls endocytic trafficking of DNER that regulates neuritogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4494-506 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that pleiotrophin-PTPzeta signaling controls subcellular localization of DNER and thereby regulates neuritogenesis. ..
- Nakayama S, Arakawa M, Uchida T, Ogihara T, Kanno R, Ikeda F, et al. Dose-dependent requirement of patched homologue 1 in mouse pancreatic beta cell mass. Diabetologia. 2008;51:1883-92 pubmed publisher..In addition, the loss of Ptch1 function decreases both the endocrine and exocrine cell mass in a dose-dependent manner, with beta cells particularly sensitive to changes in HH signalling. ..
- Kumamoto Y, Denda Nagai K, Aida S, Higashi N, Irimura T. MGL2 Dermal dendritic cells are sufficient to initiate contact hypersensitivity in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5619 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated the availability of MGL2 as a novel marker for DDCs and suggested the contribution of MGL2(+) DDCs for initiating CHS. ..
- Irisawa M, Inoue J, Ozawa N, Mori K, Sato R. The sterol-sensing endoplasmic reticulum (ER) membrane protein TRC8 hampers ER to Golgi transport of sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2 (SREBP-2)/SREBP cleavage-activated protein and reduces SREBP-2 cleavage. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:28995-9004 pubmed publisher
- Yamashita H, Shimizu A, Kato M, Nishitoh H, Ichijo H, Hanyu A, et al. Growth/differentiation factor-5 induces angiogenesis in vivo. Exp Cell Res. 1997;235:218-26 pubmed..These results suggest that GDF-5 is one of the molecules which induce angiogenesis in the bone formation process. ..
- Okamoto H, Takuwa N, Gonda K, Okazaki H, Chang K, Yatomi Y, et al. EDG1 is a functional sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor that is linked via a Gi/o to multiple signaling pathways, including phospholipase C activation, Ca2+ mobilization, Ras-mitogen-activated protein kinase activation, and adenylate cyclase inhibition. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:27104-10 pubmed..HEL-EDG1 cells bound 32P-labeled SP, which was displaced dose dependently by unlabeled SP. These results indicate that EDG1, a member of the EDG family G protein-coupled receptors, is a specific, high-affinity SP receptor. ..
- Nakashima K, Yanagisawa M, Arakawa H, Kimura N, Hisatsune T, Kawabata M, et al. Synergistic signaling in fetal brain by STAT3-Smad1 complex bridged by p300. Science. 1999;284:479-82 pubmed..The formation of a complex between STAT3 and Smad1, bridged by p300, is involved in the cooperative signaling of LIF and BMP2 and the subsequent induction of astrocytes from neural progenitors. ..
- Terasaki H, Saitoh T, Shiokawa K, Katoh M. Frizzled-10, up-regulated in primary colorectal cancer, is a positive regulator of the WNT - beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:107-12 pubmed..These results suggest that up-regulation of FZD10 mRNA in several types of human cells might lead to carcinogenesis through activation of the beta-catenin - TCF signaling pathway synergistically with some class of WNTs. ..
- Okeda R, Arima K, Kawai M. Arterial changes in cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy (CADASIL) in relation to pathogenesis of diffuse myelin loss of cerebral white matter: examination of cerebral medullary arteries by recons. Stroke. 2002;33:2565-9 pubmed..This supports the reported findings of a reduction in vascular reactivity to fluctuations in CO2 levels and systemic blood pressure in CADASIL. ..