Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Wakayama, Japan
Locale: Wakayama, Japan
Topic: cell proliferation
- Fujiwara D, Tsubaki M, Takeda T, Tomonari Y, Koumoto Y, Sakaguchi K, et al. Statins induce apoptosis through inhibition of Ras signaling pathways and enhancement of Bim and p27 expression in human hematopoietic tumor cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317734947 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings support the use of statins as potential anticancer agents or concomitant drugs of adjuvant therapy...
- Kokado M, Okada Y, Goto M, Ishikawa K, Miyamoto T, Yamanaka O, et al. Increased fragility, impaired differentiation, and acceleration of migration of corneal epithelium of epiplakin-null mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:3780-9 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of acceleration of cell migration in the epiplakin-null corneal epithelium is to be further investigated, although suppression of expression of E-cadherin might be included. ..
- Shinozaki M, Okada Y, Kitano A, Ikeda K, Saika S, Shinozaki M. Impaired cutaneous wound healing with excess granulation tissue formation in TNFalpha-null mice. Arch Dermatol Res. 2009;301:531-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, lacking TNFalpha potentiates Smad-mediated fibrogenic reaction in healing dermis and retards reepithelialization in a healing mouse cutaneous wound...
- Tanaka T, Umesaki N. Leptin regulates the proliferation and apoptosis of human endometrial epithelial cells. Int J Mol Med. 2008;22:683-9 pubmed
- Nishioka K, Itoh S, Suemoto H, Kanno S, Gai Z, Kawakatsu M, et al. Trps1 deficiency enlarges the proliferative zone of growth plate cartilage by upregulation of Pthrp. Bone. 2008;43:64-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide the first genetic evidence that lack of Trps1 leads to overexpression of PTHrP, and that Trps1 is required to maintain the normal organization of chondrocytes in the growth plate. ..
- Suemoto H, Muragaki Y, Nishioka K, Sato M, Ooshima A, Itoh S, et al. Trps1 regulates proliferation and apoptosis of chondrocytes through Stat3 signaling. Dev Biol. 2007;312:572-81 pubmed..Altogether our findings identify Trps1 as a novel regulator of chondrocytes proliferation and survival through the control of Stat3 expression. ..
- Kitano A, Saika S, Yamanaka O, Ikeda K, Reinach P, Nakajima Y, et al. Genipin suppresses subconjunctival fibroblast migration, proliferation and myofibroblast transdifferentiation. Ophthalmic Res. 2006;38:355-60 pubmed..Genipin suppresses injury-induced fibrogenic responses in SCFs. This result suggests that the herbal medicine Inchin-ko-to might have therapeutic value following trabeculotomy. ..
- Mabuchi Y, Yamoto M, Minami S, Umesaki N. The autocrine effect of activin A on human ovarian clear cell adenocarcinoma cells. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:373-9 pubmed..Activin A significantly increased the expression of phosphorylated Smad2 in JHOC-5 cells. Therefore, it is possible that activin has autocrine roles in tumor growth of ovarian clear cell adenocarcinoma cells...
- Shirai K, Saika S, Tanaka T, Okada Y, Flanders K, Ooshima A, et al. A new model of anterior subcapsular cataract: involvement of TGFbeta/Smad signaling. Mol Vis. 2006;12:681-91 pubmed..Topical alkali treatment of the ocular surface readily induces an EMT-type anterior subcapsular cataract. Smad3 signaling is involved, but not required, for achievement of EMT in the lens epithelium in this cataract model. ..
- Tanaka T, Bai T, Yukawa K, Utsunomiya T, Umesaki N. Reduced radiosensitivity and increased CD40 expression in cyclophosphamide-resistant subclones established from human cervical squamous cell carcinoma cells. Oncol Rep. 2005;14:941-8 pubmed..Furthermore, CD40 activation signals may be associated with the multidrug- and radioresistance in these cyclophosphamide-resistant subclones. ..