Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell proliferation in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: cell proliferation
Publications360 found, 100 shown here
- Murakami D, Yamato M, Nishida K, Ohki T, Takagi R, Yang J, et al. Fabrication of transplantable human oral mucosal epithelial cell sheets using temperature-responsive culture inserts without feeder layer cells. J Artif Organs. 2006;9:185-91 pubmed..These results suggest that temperature-responsive culture inserts can be useful in clinical settings that require the exclusion of xenogeneic factors. ..
- Omoteyama K, Inoue S. The variation in Fas localization and the changes in Fas expression level upon stimulation with growth factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:159-63 pubmed..Conversely, Fas internalization may enable cancer cells to escape from apoptosis. Our results suggest that growth factor may contribute to the resistance of cancer cells to Fas-mediated apoptosis in an autocrine or paracrine fashion. ..
- Yamagami S, Yokoo S, Mimura T, Takato T, Araie M, Amano S. Distribution of precursors in human corneal stromal cells and endothelial cells. Ophthalmology. 2007;114:433-9 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Haneda S, Imakawa K, Sakai S, Nagaoka K. A microRNA, miR-101a, controls mammary gland development by regulating cyclooxygenase-2 expression. Differentiation. 2009;77:181-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that miR-101a regulates cell proliferation via altering Cox-2 expression, which is critical for controlling mammary gland development. ..
- Furukawa K, Iida T, Shiba H, Fujiwara Y, Uwagawa T, Shimada Y, et al. Anti-tumor effect by inhibition of NF-kappaB activation using nafamostat mesilate for pancreatic cancer in a mouse model. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:843-50 pubmed..These results suggested that nafamostat mesilate has anti-neoplastic property against experimental pancreatic cancer. ..
- Kato N, Kitaura J, Doki N, Komeno Y, Watanabe Okochi N, Togami K, et al. Two types of C/EBP? mutations play distinct but collaborative roles in leukemogenesis: lessons from clinical data and BMT models. Blood. 2011;117:221-33 pubmed publisher..1, despite low expression levels of p30 protein generated by C/EBP?-N(m). Thus, 2 types of C/EBP? mutations are implicated in leukemo-genesis, involving different and cooperating molecular mechanisms. ..
- Harada Y, Ishii I, Hatake K, Kasahara T. Pyrvinium pamoate inhibits proliferation of myeloma/erythroleukemia cells by suppressing mitochondrial respiratory complex I and STAT3. Cancer Lett. 2012;319:83-8 pubmed publisher..1.7-?(0) cells. Moreover, PP acted synergistically with dexamethasone to inhibit PCM6 cell proliferation. In conclusion, we identified PP as a potential anticancer drug directed against mitochondrial respiratory complex I/STAT3. ..
- Nakamura Ishizu A, Okuno Y, Omatsu Y, Okabe K, Morimoto J, Uede T, et al. Extracellular matrix protein tenascin-C is required in the bone marrow microenvironment primed for hematopoietic regeneration. Blood. 2012;119:5429-37 pubmed publisher..These results identify TN-C as a critical component of the BM microenvironment that is required for hematopoietic regeneration. ..
- Jin X, Uchiyama M, Zhang Q, Watanabe T, Niimi M. The smell of Tokishakuyaku-san (TJ-23) induces generation of regulatory T cells and prolongation of survival of fully allogeneic cardiac grafts in mice. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:1070-2 pubmed publisher..In conclusion naïve but not olfactory-dysfunctional CBA mice treated with fumigation of TJ-23 displayed prolonged survival of fully allogeneic cardiac allografts and generation of regulatory cells. ..
- Shinozuka E, Miyashita M, Mizuguchi Y, Akagi I, Kikuchi K, Makino H, et al. SnoN/SKIL modulates proliferation through control of hsa-miR-720 transcription in esophageal cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:101-6 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a novel mechanism of miRNA regulation, leading to changes in cell proliferation...
- Shishido Y, Ueno S, Yamazaki R, Nagaoka M, Matsuzaki T. ABCG2 inhibitor YHO-13351 sensitizes cancer stem/initiating-like side population cells to irinotecan. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:1379-86 pubmed..The aim of this study was to determine the efficacy of the combination of irinotecan and newly-synthesized ABCG2 (breast cancer-resistant protein) inhibitor YHO-13351 in cancer chemotherapy...
- Migita T, Takayama K, Urano T, Obinata D, Ikeda K, Soga T, et al. ACSL3 promotes intratumoral steroidogenesis in prostate cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:2011-2021 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ACSL3 contributes to the growth of CRPC through intratumoral steroidogenesis (i.e. promoting androgen synthesis from DHEAS and preventing the catabolism of active androgens). ..
- Ishiwata T, Fujii T, Ishiwata S, Ikegawa S, Naito Z. Effect of morpholino antisense oligonucleotide against lumican mRNA in human embryonic kidney (HEK) 293 cells. Pathol Int. 2004;54:77-81 pubmed..These findings may indicate that lumican protein has an inhibitory effect on HEK 293 cell growth in vitro. ..
- Fukushima Y, Matsui T, Saitoh T, Ichinose M, Tateishi K, Shindo T, et al. Unique roles of G protein-coupled histamine H2 and gastrin receptors in growth and differentiation of gastric mucosa. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;502:243-52 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that different G-protein coupled-receptors affect differentiation into different cell lineages derived from common stem cells in gastric mucosa. ..
- Yanagihara K, Takigahira M, Tanaka H, Komatsu T, Fukumoto H, Koizumi F, et al. Development and biological analysis of peritoneal metastasis mouse models for human scirrhous stomach cancer. Cancer Sci. 2005;96:323-32 pubmed
- Miyamoto K, Araki K, Naka K, Arai F, Takubo K, Yamazaki S, et al. Foxo3a is essential for maintenance of the hematopoietic stem cell pool. Cell Stem Cell. 2007;1:101-12 pubmed publisher..Finally, HSC frequencies were significantly decreased in aged Foxo3a(-/-) mice compared to the littermate controls. Our results demonstrate that Foxo3a plays a pivotal role in maintaining the HSC pool. ..
- Dewan M, Tomita M, Katano H, Yamamoto N, Ahmed S, Yamamoto M, et al. An HIV protease inhibitor, ritonavir targets the nuclear factor-kappaB and inhibits the tumor growth and infiltration of EBV-positive lymphoblastoid B cells. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:622-9 pubmed publisher..These data also suggest that this compound may have promise for treatment or prevention of EBV-associated lymphoproliferative diseases that occur in immunocompromised patients. ..
- Sato T, Shimazaki T, Naka H, Fukami S, Satoh Y, Okano H, et al. FRS2? regulates Erk levels to control a self-renewal target Hes1 and proliferation of FGF-responsive neural stem/progenitor cells. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1661-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, FRS2? fine-tunes the FGF-signaling to control qualitatively different biological activities, self-renewal at least partly through Hes1 versus proliferation of NSPCs. ..
- Tao K, Watanabe S, Narita S, Tokuda H. A periplasmic LolA derivative with a lethal disulfide bond activates the Cpx stress response system. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:5657-62 pubmed publisher..Moreover, LolCDE overproduction stabilized I93C/F140C and therefore caused an increase in its level. Taken together, these results indicate that oxidized I93C/F140C stably binds to LolCDE, which causes strong envelope stress. ..
- Murata T, Takayama K, Katayama S, Urano T, Horie Inoue K, Ikeda K, et al. miR-148a is an androgen-responsive microRNA that promotes LNCaP prostate cell growth by repressing its target CAND1 expression. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2010;13:356-61 pubmed publisher..CAND1 knockdown by small interfering RNA promoted the proliferation of LNCaP cells. Our study indicates the potential contribution of miR-148a to the growth of human prostate cancer. ..
- Nedachi T, Kawai T, Matsuwaki T, Yamanouchi K, Nishihara M. Progranulin enhances neural progenitor cell proliferation through glycogen synthase kinase 3? phosphorylation. Neuroscience. 2011;185:106-15 pubmed publisher..In addition, a GSK3?-specific inhibitor enhanced NPC proliferation. Taken together, our observations indicate that PGRN enhanced NPC proliferation, at least in part, via inducing GSK3? phosphorylation. ..
- Sato S, Yoshida W, Soejima H, Nakabayashi K, Hata K. Methylation dynamics of IG-DMR and Gtl2-DMR during murine embryonic and placental development. Genomics. 2011;98:120-7 pubmed publisher..These results add to the growing body of knowledge elucidating the mechanism whereby parent-of-origin-dependent DNA methylation at the IG-DMR leads to the imprinted expression of the Dlk1-Dio3 cluster. ..
- Hoshino T, Saito I, Takano H, Samejima K, Mabuchi K, Kato Y. Neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells on diX (parylene) family materials. Biotechnol Prog. 2012;28:587-90 pubmed publisher..The result suggests that diX H may be advantageous as a biocompatible coating material for a scaffold, which can be used on virtually any substrate to get various configurations in neural devices. ..
- Shoji K, Oda K, Kashiyama T, Ikeda Y, Nakagawa S, Sone K, et al. Genotype-dependent efficacy of a dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor, NVP-BEZ235, and an mTOR inhibitor, RAD001, in endometrial carcinomas. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37431 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that mutational statuses of PTEN and K-Ras might be useful predictors of sensitivity to NVP-BEZ235 in certain endometrial carcinomas...
- Taniai E, Yafune A, Hayashi H, Itahashi M, Hara Kudo Y, Suzuki K, et al. Aberrant activation of ubiquitin D at G2 phase and apoptosis by carcinogens that evoke cell proliferation after 28-day administration in rats. J Toxicol Sci. 2012;37:1093-111 pubmed..Aberrant expression of Ubd at G(2) phase and increased apoptosis reflecting aberrant cell cycle regulation may be the common feature of these carcinogens. ..
- Watanabe T, Oyama T, Asada M, Harada D, Ito Y, Inagawa M, et al. MAML1 enhances the transcriptional activity of Runx2 and plays a role in bone development. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003132 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that chondrocyte maturation was impaired in MAML1(-/-) mice. MAML1 enhances the transcriptional activity of Runx2 and plays a role in bone development. ..
- Jung J, Jung H, Neupane S, Kim K, Kim J, Yamamoto H, et al. Involvement of PI3K and PKA pathways in mouse tongue epithelial differentiation. Acta Histochem. 2017;119:92-98 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we suggest that the tongue epithelium is differentiated into multiple epithelial cell layers via the PI3K and PKA pathways in tissue-specific manner during the epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. ..
- Nagaoka M, Yashiro T, Uchida Y, Ando T, Hara M, Arai H, et al. The Orphan Nuclear Receptor NR4A3 Is Involved in the Function of Dendritic Cells. J Immunol. 2017;199:2958-2967 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that NR4A3 is involved in TLR-mediated activation and gene expression of DCs. ..
- Hashimoto A, Hirose K, Iino M. BAD detects coincidence of G2/M phase and growth factor deprivation to regulate apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26225-32 pubmed..These results indicate that BAD induces apoptosis upon detecting the coincidence of G2/M phase and growth factor deprivation. ..
- Kimura N, Miyakawa Y, Kohmura K, Umezawa K, Ikeda Y, Kizaki M. Targeting NF-kappaB and induction of apoptosis by novel NF-kappaB inhibitor dehydroxymethylepoxyquinomicin (DHMEQ) in Burkitt lymphoma cells. Leuk Res. 2007;31:1529-35 pubmed..Phosphorylation of ERK and JNK was induced by DHMEQ. In conclusion, these results demonstrate that NF-kappaB might be an ideal target to develop for new anti-cancer drugs for Burkitt lymphoma. ..
- Nukumi N, Iwamori T, Kano K, Naito K, Tojo H. Whey acidic protein (WAP) regulates the proliferation of mammary epithelial cells by preventing serine protease from degrading laminin. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:793-800 pubmed..We concluded that WAP plays some role in regulating the proliferation of mammary epithelial cells by preventing elastase-type serine protease from carrying out laminin degradation and thereby suppressing the MAP kinase signal pathway. ..
- Shinmura Y, Tsuchiya S, Hata K, Honda M. Quiescent epithelial cell rests of Malassez can differentiate into ameloblast-like cells. J Cell Physiol. 2008;217:728-38 pubmed publisher..Moreover, positive staining for amelogenin was observed in the enamel-like tissues, indicating the presence of well-developed ameloblasts in the implants. These results suggest that ERM can differentiate into ameloblast-like cells. ..
- Suzuki K, Kaminuma O, Yang L, Motoi Y, Takai T, Ichikawa S, et al. Development of transgenic rice expressing mite antigen for a new concept of immunotherapy. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;149 Suppl 1:21-4 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the edible vaccines using Tg rice seeds are useful for the treatment of allergic disorders including bronchial asthma. ..
- Hashimoto Y, Akiyama Y, Otsubo T, Shimada S, Yuasa Y. Involvement of epigenetically silenced microRNA-181c in gastric carcinogenesis. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:777-84 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-181c may be silenced through methylation and play important roles in gastric carcinogenesis through its target genes, such as NOTCH4 and KRAS. ..
- Eto H, Suga H, Inoue K, Aoi N, Kato H, Araki J, et al. Adipose injury-associated factors mitigate hypoxia in ischemic tissues through activation of adipose-derived stem/progenitor/stromal cells and induction of angiogenesis. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2322-32 pubmed publisher..Treatment with AIC has many advantages over cell-based therapies regarding morbidity, cost, and physical risks and may be used as an alternative therapy for improving tissue oxygen. ..
- Fujii H, Ato M, Takahashi Y, Otake K, Hashimoto S, Kaji T, et al. HIV-1 Nef impairs multiple T-cell functions in antigen-specific immune response in mice. Int Immunol. 2011;23:433-41 pubmed publisher..These results support a model, in which Nef expression does not cause T-cell hyperresponse in immune reaction, but instead reduces the T-cell activity, that may contribute to a low level of virus spread without viral cytopathic effects. ..
- Tsuruta T, Kozaki K, Uesugi A, Furuta M, Hirasawa A, Imoto I, et al. miR-152 is a tumor suppressor microRNA that is silenced by DNA hypermethylation in endometrial cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:6450-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a central role for miR-152 in endometrial cancer, and they also suggest its use in new therapeutic strategies to treat this cancer. ..
- Kaneko E, Kawahara M, Ueda H, Nagamune T. Growth control of genetically modified cells using an antibody/c-Kit chimera. J Biosci Bioeng. 2012;113:641-6 pubmed publisher..Since c-Kit is an important molecule in the expansion of hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), this antibody/c-Kit chimera could be a promising tool for gene therapy targeting HSCs...
- Uchiyama M, Jin X, Zhang Q, Amano A, Watanabe T, Niimi M. Music exposure induced prolongation of cardiac allograft survival and generated regulatory CD4? cells in mice. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:1076-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, exposure to some types of music may induce prolonged survival of fully allogeneic cardiac allografts and generate CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) regulatory cells. ..
- Akanuma G, Nanamiya H, Natori Y, Yano K, Suzuki S, Omata S, et al. Inactivation of ribosomal protein genes in Bacillus subtilis reveals importance of each ribosomal protein for cell proliferation and cell differentiation. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:6282-91 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first evidence in B. subtilis that L1 and S21 are required for the progression of cellular differentiation. ..
- Fujii T, Horiguchi K, Sunaga H, Moriwaki Y, Misawa H, Kasahara T, et al. SLURP-1, an endogenous ?7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor allosteric ligand, is expressed in CD205(+) dendritic cells in human tonsils and potentiates lymphocytic cholinergic activity. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;267:43-9 pubmed publisher..These findings support the notion that SLURP-1 acts as a key modulator of immune responses...
- Sato M, Kawana K, Fujimoto A, Yoshida M, Nakamura H, Nishida H, et al. Clinical significance of Gremlin 1 in cervical cancer and its effects on cancer stem cell maintenance. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:391-7 pubmed publisher..0184). Sphere-forming ability was increased when 1,000 Gremlin 1-exposed cells were seeded (P=0.0379). In cervical cancer, it is suggested that Gremlin 1 may have a role in clinical recurrence and maintaining CSC-like properties. ..
- Hiramoto K, Sugiyama D, Takahashi Y, Mafune E. The amelioration effect of tranexamic acid in wrinkles induced by skin dryness. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:16-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that tranexamic acid decreased the proliferation of mast cells and increases the proliferation of fibroblasts, subsequently improving wrinkles caused by skin dryness. ..
- Tanaka N, Mashima T, Mizutani A, Sato A, Aoyama A, Gong B, et al. APC Mutations as a Potential Biomarker for Sensitivity to Tankyrase Inhibitors in Colorectal Cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2017;16:752-762 pubmed publisher..These observations exemplify the predictive importance of APC mutations, the most common genetic alteration in colorectal cancers, for molecular targeted therapeutics. Mol Cancer Ther; 16(4); 752-62. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Kwon H, Kawaguchi K, Kikuma T, Takegawa K, Kitamoto K, Higuchi Y. Analysis of an acyl-CoA binding protein in Aspergillus oryzae that undergoes unconventional secretion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:481-486 pubmed publisher..Thus, the filamentous fungus A. oryzae harbors two types of ACBPs, one of which appears to be essential for growth and undergoes unconventional secretion. ..
- Nagahara Y, Nagahara K. Relationship Between Structure and Antiproliferative Activity of Novel 5-amino-4-cyanopyrazole-1-formaldehydehydrazono Derivatives on HL-60RG Human Leukemia Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6329-6333 pubmed..Here we synthesized and determined the anticancer effects of hydrazonopyrazole derivatives on a mammalian cancer cell line...
- Yoneyama H, Kai Y, Koyama J, Suzuki K, Kawachi H, Narumi S, et al. Neutralization of CXCL10 accelerates liver regeneration in carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver injury. Med Mol Morphol. 2007;40:191-7 pubmed..Thus, CXCL10 can be a novel therapeutic target for acute hepatocellular damage by regulating liver tissue remodeling. ..
- Dharel N, Kato N, Muroyama R, Taniguchi H, Otsuka M, Wang Y, et al. Potential contribution of tumor suppressor p53 in the host defense against hepatitis C virus. Hepatology. 2008;47:1136-49 pubmed publisher..These observations underscore the potential contributions of the tumor suppressor p53 in cellular antiviral immunity against HCV with possible therapeutic implications. ..
- Seo S, Asai T, Saito T, Suzuki T, Morishita Y, Nakamoto T, et al. Crk-associated substrate lymphocyte type is required for lymphocyte trafficking and marginal zone B cell maintenance. J Immunol. 2005;175:3492-501 pubmed..Thus, Cas-L affects homeostasis of MZB cells and peripheral lymphoid organs, which is considered to be relevant to impaired lymphocyte migration and adhesion. ..
- Hongo S, Watanabe T, Takahashi K, Miyazaki A. Ndrg4 enhances NGF-induced ERK activation uncoupled with Elk-1 activation. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:185-93 pubmed..Ndrg4 may play a role in supporting the activation of ERK and its target proteins needed for neuronal differentiation and in reducing the activation of Elk-1 implicated in cell growth. ..
- Chiba S, Suzuki M, Yamanouchi K, Nishihara M. Involvement of granulin in estrogen-induced neurogenesis in the adult rat hippocampus. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:297-307 pubmed
- Yamada Y, Sakurada K, Takeda Y, Gojo S, Umezawa A. Single-cell-derived mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing Csx/Nkx2.5 and GATA4 undergo the stochastic cardiomyogenic fate and behave like transient amplifying cells. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:698-706 pubmed..Single-cell-derived mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing Csx/Nkx2.5 and GATA4 behaved like cardiac transient amplifying cells, and still retained their plasticity in vivo. ..
- Shitashige M, Naishiro Y, Idogawa M, Honda K, Ono M, Hirohashi S, et al. Involvement of splicing factor-1 in beta-catenin/T-cell factor-4-mediated gene transactivation and pre-mRNA splicing. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:1039-54 pubmed..Identification of the interaction may shed light on a novel aspect of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Maehama T. PTEN: its deregulation and tumorigenesis. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1624-7 pubmed..This article will review the PTEN inactivation mechanism which is linked to human tumorigenesis, particularly focusing on recent research progress in PTEN regulators. ..
- Mizuno H, Ogura M, Saito Y, Sekine W, Sano R, Gotou T, et al. Changes in adhesive and migratory characteristics of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells induced by expression of alpha3beta1 integrin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:564-70 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that enhanced expression of alpha3beta1 integrin on HCC cells is directly involved in their malignant phenotypes such as invasion and metastasis. ..
- Kim J, Kakusho N, Yamada M, Kanoh Y, Takemoto N, Masai H. Cdc7 kinase mediates Claspin phosphorylation in DNA replication checkpoint. Oncogene. 2008;27:3475-82 pubmed..Consistent with this prediction, Cdc7 interacts with and phosphorylates Claspin. We propose that Cdc7 is required for activation of the ATR-Chk1 checkpoint pathway through regulation of Claspin. ..
- Zhao L, Yano T, Osuga Y, Nakagawa S, Oishi H, Wada Hiraike O, et al. Cellular mechanisms of growth inhibition of human endometrial cancer cell line by an antagonist of growth hormone-releasing hormone. Int J Oncol. 2008;32:593-601 pubmed
- Niwa H, Satoh T, Matsushima Y, Hosoya K, Saeki K, Niki T, et al. Stable form of galectin-9, a Tim-3 ligand, inhibits contact hypersensitivity and psoriatic reactions: a potent therapeutic tool for Th1- and/or Th17-mediated skin inflammation. Clin Immunol. 2009;132:184-94 pubmed publisher..This was accompanied by decreased skin lesion levels of IL-17 and IL-22. sGal-9 may be a unique and useful therapeutic tool for the treatment of Th1- and/or Th17-mediated skin inflammation. ..
- Yanaka S, Kudou M, Tanaka Y, Sasaki T, Takemoto S, Sakata A, et al. Contribution of the flexible loop region to the function of staphylococcal enterotoxin B. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2010;23:415-21 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of the flexible loop region for the functional, physical and chemical properties of WT SEB, thus providing insight into the nature of WT SEB that was unrevealed previously. ..
- Okae H, Iwakura Y. Neural tube defects and impaired neural progenitor cell proliferation in Gbeta1-deficient mice. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:1089-101 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Gbeta1 is required for normal embryonic neurogenesis. ..
- Shigoka M, Tsuchida A, Matsudo T, Nagakawa Y, Saito H, Suzuki Y, et al. Deregulation of miR-92a expression is implicated in hepatocellular carcinoma development. Pathol Int. 2010;60:351-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, although the physiological significance of the decrease of miR-92a in plasma is still unknown, deregulation of miR-92 expression in cells and plasma should be implicated in the development of HCC. ..
- Ishii A, Oboki K, Nambu A, Morita H, Ohno T, Kajiwara N, et al. Development of IL-17-mediated delayed-type hypersensitivity is not affected by down-regulation of IL-25 expression. Allergol Int. 2010;59:399-408 pubmed publisher..IL-25 is not essential for differentiation of Th1, Th2 and Th17 cells in the sensitization phase or induction of local inflammation in the elicitation phase of the mBSA-induced DTH reaction. ..
- Vu H, Beppu Y, Chi H, Sasaki K, Yamamoto H, Xinh P, et al. Green tea epigallocatechin gallate exhibits anticancer effect in human pancreatic carcinoma cells via the inhibition of both focal adhesion kinase and insulin-like growth factor-I receptor. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010;2010:290516 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that blocking FAK and IGF-1R by EGCG could prove valuable for targeted therapy, which can be used in combination with other therapies, for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Obinata D, Takayama K, Urano T, Murata T, Kumagai J, Fujimura T, et al. Oct1 regulates cell growth of LNCaP cells and is a prognostic factor for prostate cancer. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:1021-8 pubmed publisher..012). These results demonstrate that Oct1 can be a prognostic factor in prostate cancer as a coregulator of AR and may lead to the development of a new therapeutic intervention for prostate cancer. ..
- Wong C, Shimada M, Nugroho A, Hirasawa Y, Kaneda T, Hadi A, et al. Ceramicines J-L, new limonoids from Chisocheton ceramicus. J Nat Med. 2012;66:566-70 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated from 1D and 2D NMR data. Ceramicines J-L (1-3) exhibited dose-dependent moderate cytotoxicity against the HL-60 cell line. ..
- Kajiwara A, Doi H, Eguchi J, Ishii S, Hiraide Sasagawa A, Sakaki M, et al. Interleukin-4 and CpG oligonucleotide therapy suppresses the outgrowth of tumors by activating tumor-specific Th1-type immune responses. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1765-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-4 and CpG-ODN treatment promotes potent Th1-type antitumor immune responses. Therefore, the combination of IL-4 gene therapy and CpG-ODN treatment for cancer should be evaluated in clinical trials. ..
- Kondo M, Yamato M, Takagi R, Namiki H, Okano T. The regulation of epithelial cell proliferation and growth by IL-1 receptor antagonist. Biomaterials. 2013;34:121-9 pubmed publisher..These findings would be useful to fabricate reproducible, transplantable epithelial cell sheets for regenerative medicine. ..
- Miyabayashi K, Ijichi H, Mohri D, Tada M, Yamamoto K, Asaoka Y, et al. Erlotinib prolongs survival in pancreatic cancer by blocking gemcitabine-induced MAPK signals. Cancer Res. 2013;73:2221-34 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings suggest a significant role of ERBB in PDAC treatment. ..
- Tsukui T, Ueha S, Abe J, Hashimoto S, Shichino S, Shimaoka T, et al. Qualitative rather than quantitative changes are hallmarks of fibroblasts in bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2013;183:758-73 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights into the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying pulmonary fibrosis and provide a foundation for development of specific antifibrotic therapies. ..
- Tanaka K, Yamamoto Y, Maeda Y, Yamamoto H, Kudomi N, Kawai N, et al. Correlation of 4'-[methyl-(11)C]-thiothymidine uptake with Ki-67 immunohistochemistry and tumor grade in patients with newly diagnosed gliomas in comparison with (11)C-methionine uptake. Ann Nucl Med. 2016;30:89-96 pubmed publisher..02). (11)C-4DST PET/CT is feasible for imaging of brain gliomas, as well as (11)C-MET PET/CT. Especially, it showed the highest correlation coefficient between (11)C-4DST MTV and Ki-67 index in newly diagnosed gliomas. ..
- Takashina M, Inoue S, Tomihara K, Tomita K, Hattori K, Zhao Q, et al. Different effect of resveratrol to induction of apoptosis depending on the type of human cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:787-797 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that resveratrol can induce apoptotic cell death in human leukemic cells to a greater extent than in human solid tumor cells via reducing Akt activation due to Ras downregulation. ..
- Sato K, Shirai R, Hontani M, Shinooka R, Hasegawa A, Kichise T, et al. Potent Vasoconstrictor Kisspeptin-10 Induces Atherosclerotic Plaque Progression and Instability: Reversal by its Receptor GPR54 Antagonist. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..The GPR54 antagonist may be useful for prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis. Thus, the KP-10/GPR54 system may serve as a novel therapeutic target for atherosclerotic diseases. ..
- Nakatsu Y, Mori K, Matsunaga Y, Yamamotoya T, Ueda K, Inoue Y, et al. The prolyl isomerase Pin1 increases β-cell proliferation and enhances insulin secretion. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11886-11895 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our observations demonstrate critical roles of Pin1 in pancreatic β cells and that Pin1 both promotes β-cell proliferation and activates insulin secretion. ..
- Jiang J, Kojima N, Guo L, Naruse K, Makuuchi M, Miyajima A, et al. Efficacy of engineered liver tissue based on poly-L-lactic acid scaffolds and fetal mouse liver cells cultured with oncostatin M, nicotinamide, and dimethyl sulfoxide. Tissue Eng. 2004;10:1577-86 pubmed
- Morishima N, Owaki T, Asakawa M, Kamiya S, Mizuguchi J, Yoshimoto T. Augmentation of effector CD8+ T cell generation with enhanced granzyme B expression by IL-27. J Immunol. 2005;175:1686-93 pubmed..These results suggest that IL-27 directly acts on naive CD8+ T cells in T-bet-dependent and -independent manners and augments generation of CTL with enhanced granzyme B expression. ..
- Tsuji T, Aoshiba K, Nagai A. Alveolar cell senescence in patients with pulmonary emphysema. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006;174:886-93 pubmed..Cellular senescence may explain the abnormal cell turnover that promotes the loss of alveolar cells in emphysematous lungs. ..
- Koido S, Hara E, Homma S, Torii A, Mitsunaga M, Yanagisawa S, et al. Streptococcal preparation OK-432 promotes fusion efficiency and enhances induction of antigen-specific CTL by fusions of dendritic cells and colorectal cancer cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:613-22 pubmed..We conclude that DCs fused after stimulation by OK-432 may have the potential applicability to the field of antitumor immunotherapy and may provide a platform for adoptive immunotherapy in the clinical setting. ..
- Zhang D, Kaneda M, Nakahama K, Arii S, Morita I. Connexin 43 expression promotes malignancy of HuH7 hepatocellular carcinoma cells via the inhibition of cell-cell communication. Cancer Lett. 2007;252:208-15 pubmed..From these data, Cx43 expression may be in part responsible for the malignancy of hepatoma cells through a decrease in GJIC composed of Cx32. ..
- Miyamoto J, Matsumoto T, Shiina H, Inoue K, Takada I, Ito S, et al. The pituitary function of androgen receptor constitutes a glucocorticoid production circuit. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4807-14 pubmed..Thus, this study suggests that the activated AR supports the negative feedback regulation of glucocorticoid production via up-regulation of GR expression in the pituitary gland. ..
- Suzuki E, Imoto I, Pimkhaokham A, Nakagawa T, Kamata N, Kozaki K, et al. PRTFDC1, a possible tumor-suppressor gene, is frequently silenced in oral squamous-cell carcinomas by aberrant promoter hypermethylation. Oncogene. 2007;26:7921-32 pubmed..These results suggest that epigenetic silencing of PRTFDC1 by hypermethylation of the CpG island leads to a loss of PRTFDC1 function, which might be involved in squamous cell oral carcinogenesis. ..
- Sato S, Hanada R, Kimura A, Abe T, Matsumoto T, Iwasaki M, et al. Central control of bone remodeling by neuromedin U. Nat Med. 2007;13:1234-40 pubmed..Given the existence of inhibitors and activators of NMU action, our results may influence the treatment of diseases involving low bone mass, such as osteoporosis. ..
- Dewa Y, Nishimura J, Muguruma M, Jin M, Saegusa Y, Okamura T, et al. beta-Naphthoflavone enhances oxidative stress responses and the induction of preneoplastic lesions in a diethylnitrosamine-initiated hepatocarcinogenesis model in partially hepatectomized rats. Toxicology. 2008;244:179-89 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the administration of BNF at a high dose and over a long-term enhance oxidative stress responses which may contribute to its hepatocarcinogenic potential in rats. ..