Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: cell line
Publications448 found, 100 shown here
- Rump A, Morikawa Y, Tanaka M, Minami S, Umesaki N, Takeuchi M, et al. Binding of ovarian cancer antigen CA125/MUC16 to mesothelin mediates cell adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9190-8 pubmed
- Nogawa H, Kuwae A, Matsuzawa T, Abe A. The type III secreted protein BopD in Bordetella bronchiseptica is complexed with BopB for pore formation on the host plasma membrane. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:3806-13 pubmed..Finally, we show that the BopD-BopB complex is responsible for the pore formation in the host plasma membrane that functions as the conduit for the transition of effector proteins into host cells...
- Fujii Yamamoto H, Kim J, Arai K, Masai H. Cell cycle and developmental regulations of replication factors in mouse embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12976-87 pubmed..Furthermore, they are rapidly down-regulated upon induction of differentiation of ES cells. The significance of these findings is discussed in relation to the unusual proliferative properties of ES cells in an undifferentiated state. ..
- Shimizu M, Fuse K, Okudaira K, Nishigaki R, Maeda K, Kusuhara H, et al. Contribution of OATP (organic anion-transporting polypeptide) family transporters to the hepatic uptake of fexofenadine in humans. Drug Metab Dispos. 2005;33:1477-81 pubmed..In conclusion, this is, to our knowledge, the first demonstration that OATP1B3 is thought to be a major transporter involved in hepatic uptake of FEX in humans. ..
- Waragai M, Wei J, Fujita M, Nakai M, Ho G, Masliah E, et al. Increased level of DJ-1 in the cerebrospinal fluids of sporadic Parkinson's disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:967-72 pubmed..001 by ANOVA with post hoc Bonferroni's test), suggesting a protective role of DJ-1 against oxidative stress during the early stage. Thus, we propose that CSF DJ-1 could be a possible biomarker for early sporadic PD. ..
- Nakakariya M, Shima Y, Shirasaka Y, Mitsuoka K, Nakanishi T, Tamai I. Organic anion transporter OAT1 is involved in renal handling of citrulline. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F71-9 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, citrulline may be useful for diagnosis of kidney function as is creatinine. ..
- Ito T, Yamamoto S, Hayashi T, Kodera M, Mizukami H, Ozawa K, et al. A convenient enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for rapid screening of anti-adeno-associated virus neutralizing antibodies. Ann Clin Biochem. 2009;46:508-10 pubmed publisher..Influences of interfering substances were not observed. This ELISA method may be useful for rapid screening of anti-AAV-2 neutralizing antibodies in candidates for gene therapy. ..
- Shimojima M, Stroher U, Ebihara H, Feldmann H, Kawaoka Y. Identification of cell surface molecules involved in dystroglycan-independent Lassa virus cell entry. J Virol. 2012;86:2067-78 pubmed publisher..The identification of these four molecules as Lassa virus receptors advances our understanding of Lassa virus cell entry. ..
- Tando T, Hirayama A, Furukawa M, Sato Y, Kobayashi T, Funayama A, et al. Smad2/3 Proteins Are Required for Immobilization-induced Skeletal Muscle Atrophy. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12184-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, muscle immobilization attenuates IGF1 signals at the receptor rather than the ligand level, leading to Smad2/3 protein accumulation, muscle atrophy, and accompanying metabolic changes. ..
- Manya H, Akasaka Manya K, Nakajima A, Kawakita M, Endo T. Role of N-glycans in maintaining the activity of protein O-mannosyltransferases POMT1 and POMT2. J Biochem. 2010;147:337-44 pubmed publisher..The loss of activity appeared to be due to the decreased hydrophilicity. These results suggest that the N-glycosylation of POMT1 and POMT2 is required for maintaining the conformation as well as the activity of the POMT1-POMT2 complex. ..
- Oguro A, Kubota H, Shimizu M, Ishiura S, Atomi Y. Protective role of the ubiquitin binding protein Tollip against the toxicity of polyglutamine-expansion proteins. Neurosci Lett. 2011;503:234-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that association of Tollip with polyubiquitin accelerates aggregation of toxic htt species into inclusions and thus provides a cell protective role by sequestration. ..
- Hasegawa Y, Kawame H, Ida H, Ohashi T, Eto Y. Single exon mutation in arylsulfatase A gene has two effects: loss of enzyme activity and aberrant splicing. Hum Genet. 1994;93:415-20 pubmed..These results indicate that the new mutation is a rare case of an exon mutation affecting splice site selection. The mechanism of this aberrant pre-mRNA splicing is discussed. ..
- Sasaki M, Nishio M, Sasaki T, Enami J. Identification of mouse mammary fibroblast-derived mammary growth factor as hepatocyte growth factor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;199:772-9 pubmed..From these observations it is concluded that mammary growth factor produced by mammary fibroblasts is identical to mouse HGF. ..
- Hironaka K, Umemori H, Tezuka T, Mishina M, Yamamoto T. The protein-tyrosine phosphatase PTPMEG interacts with glutamate receptor delta 2 and epsilon subunits. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:16167-73 pubmed..Moreover, our data suggest that PTPMEG plays a role in signaling downstream of the GluRs and/or in regulation of their activities through tyrosine dephosphorylation. ..
- Kawasaki Y, Senda T, Ishidate T, Koyama R, Morishita T, Iwayama Y, et al. Asef, a link between the tumor suppressor APC and G-protein signaling. Science. 2000;289:1194-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the APC-Asef complex may regulate the actin cytoskeletal network, cell morphology and migration, and neuronal function. ..
- Nakazawa T, Komai S, Tezuka T, Hisatsune C, Umemori H, Semba K, et al. Characterization of Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation sites on GluR epsilon 2 (NR2B) subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:693-9 pubmed..These data suggest that Tyr-1472 phosphorylation of GluR epsilon 2 is important for synaptic plasticity. ..
- Sugiyama T, Kumagai H, Morikawa Y, Wada Y, Sugiyama A, Yasuda K, et al. A novel low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein mediating cellular uptake of apolipoprotein E-enriched beta-VLDL in vitro. Biochemistry. 2000;39:15817-25 pubmed..These results raise the possibility that this newly identified receptor, which is expressed in the liver, may play a physiological role in the uptake of apoE-containing lipoproteins. ..
- Oda T, Ohka S, Nomoto A. Ligand stimulation of CD155alpha inhibits cell adhesion and enhances cell migration in fibroblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:1253-64 pubmed..These results suggest that CD155alpha plays a role in the regulation of cell adhesion and cell motility. ..
- Huang L, Gotoh N, Zhang S, Shibuya M, Yamamoto T, Tsuchida N. SNT-2 interacts with ERK2 and negatively regulates ERK2 signaling in response to EGF stimulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:1011-7 pubmed..These observations suggest that SNT-2 negatively regulates ERK2 signaling activated via EGF stimulation through direct binding to ERK2. ..
- Ozawa T, Nishitani K, Sako Y, Umezawa Y. A high-throughput screening of genes that encode proteins transported into the endoplasmic reticulum in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:e34 pubmed..The present method overcomes the limitation of the previous GFP- or epitope-tagged methods, using which it was difficult to identify the ER-targeting proteins in a high-throughput manner. ..
- Hayashita Kinoh H, Yamada M, Yokota T, Mizuno Y, Mochizuki H. Down-regulation of alpha-synuclein expression can rescue dopaminergic cells from cell death in the substantia nigra of Parkinson's disease rat model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;341:1088-95 pubmed..Down-regulation of alpha-synuclein expression could be potentially a suitable target for gene therapy of Parkinson's disease...
- Katsuma S, Horie S, Daimon T, Iwanaga M, Shimada T. In vivo and in vitro analyses of a Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus mutant lacking functional vfgf. Virology. 2006;355:62-70 pubmed..mori larvae than wild-type BmNPV, when tested either by BV injection or by polyhedrin-inclusion body ingestion. These results suggest that BmNPV vfgf is involved in efficient virus production in BmN cells and B. mori larvae. ..
- Fujisaki K, Tanabe N, Suzuki N, Kawato T, Takeichi O, Tsuzukibashi O, et al. Receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand induces the expression of carbonic anhydrase II, cathepsin K, and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in osteoclast precursor RAW264.7 cells. Life Sci. 2007;80:1311-8 pubmed..These results indicate that the expression of CAII, cathepsin K, and MMP-9 in RAW264.7 cells is not induced by M-CSF, but by RANKL in the presence of IL-1alpha. ..
- Shintani M, Tada M, Kobayashi T, Kajiho H, Kontani K, Katada T. Characterization of Rab45/RASEF containing EF-hand domain and a coiled-coil motif as a self-associating GTPase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:661-7 pubmed..Interestingly, the mid region, together with Rab domain, appeared to be essential for the characteristic perinuclear localization of Rab45, indicating that the self-interaction may be involved in the intracellular localization of Rab45. ..
- Takahashi Y, Ohoka N, Hayashi H, Sato R. TRB3 suppresses adipocyte differentiation by negatively regulating PPARgamma transcriptional activity. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:880-92 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that TRB3 acts as a potent negative regulator of PPARgamma, a master regulator of adipocyte differentiation, and tightly controls adipogenesis. ..
- Aoki N, Tateda K, Kikuchi Y, Kimura S, Miyazaki C, Ishii Y, et al. Efficacy of colistin combination therapy in a mouse model of pneumonia caused by multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009;63:534-42 pubmed publisher..For pneumonia especially, intranasal colistin with rifampicin may be beneficial not only for synergistic antibacterial activity, but also for blocking LPS. ..
- Hidaka M, Oda S, Kuwahara Y, Fukumoto M, Mitani H. Cell lines derived from a medaka radiation-sensitive mutant have defects in DNA double-strand break responses. J Radiat Res. 2010;51:165-71 pubmed..As RIC1 cultured cells showed similar defective DNA repair as ric1 embryos and RIC1 cells revealed defective cell death and cell cycle checkpoint, they are useful for investigating DNA damage responses in vitro. ..
- Kudoh T, Kimura J, Lu Z, Miki Y, Yoshida K. D4S234E, a novel p53-responsive gene, induces apoptosis in response to DNA damage. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2849-58 pubmed publisher..We thus concluded that a novel p53-responsive gene D4S234E is accumulated in the ER and induces apoptosis in response to DNA damage. ..
- Youn M, Takada I, Imai Y, Yasuda H, Kato S. Transcriptionally active nuclei are selective in mature multinucleated osteoclasts. Genes Cells. 2010;15:1025-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that although nuclear proteins are diffusible among nuclei, only certain nuclei within a multinucleated osteoclast are transcriptionally active. ..
- Sakamoto K, Aragaki T, Morita K, Kawachi H, Kayamori K, Nakanishi S, et al. Down-regulation of keratin 4 and keratin 13 expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma and epithelial dysplasia: a clue for histopathogenesis. Histopathology. 2011;58:531-42 pubmed publisher..We propose that the aberrant expression of K4 and K13 and concomitant up-regulation of the other keratins may be one of the causative factors for morphological alterations in the affected epithelium. ..
- Park J, Katagiri T, Chung S, Kijima K, Nakamura Y. Polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase 6 disrupts mammary acinar morphogenesis through O-glycosylation of fibronectin. Neoplasia. 2011;13:320-6 pubmed
- Takeo K, Watanabe N, Tomita T, Iwatsubo T. Contribution of the ?-secretase subunits to the formation of catalytic pore of presenilin 1 protein. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:25834-43 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the ?-secretase subunits restrict the arrangement of the transmembrane domains of PS during the formation of the functional structure of the catalytic pore. ..
- Enosawa S, Yamazaki T, Kohsaka H, Tokiwa T. Repopulation of human origin hepatocyte progenitor-like cell line, THLE-5b, in the SCID mouse liver under p21-mediated cell growth-arresting conditions. Cell Transplant. 2012;21:447-52 pubmed publisher..The present protocol is thus considered to be a novel experimental model to elucidate the mechanism of hepatocyte repopulation and to develop efficient stem cell therapy in the liver. ..
- Zhou R, Niwa S, Guillaud L, Tong Y, Hirokawa N. A molecular motor, KIF13A, controls anxiety by transporting the serotonin type 1A receptor. Cell Rep. 2013;3:509-19 pubmed publisher..A minimotor consisting of the motor and FHA domains is able to transport 5HT(1A)R-carrying organelles in in vitro reconstitution assays. Collectively, our results suggest a role for this molecular motor in anxiety control. ..
- Negoro T, Kin M, Takuma A, Saito K, Shimizu S, Nakano Y. Potentiated macrophage activation by acid sensing under low adiponectin levels. Mol Immunol. 2014;57:141-50 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that in AsTg mice, the Ca(2)(+) response to the acid was facilitated in M? by a low threshold of ASIC1 and NCX1 molecules and the activity of these channel was possibly regulated by adiponectin. ..
- Inoue T, Yamaguchi S, Saeki T, Sekiguchi K. Production of infectious swine vesicular disease virus from cloned cDNA in mammalian cells. J Gen Virol. 1990;71 ( Pt 8):1835-8 pubmed..The recovered virus was neutralized completely by anti-SVDV guinea-pig serum, but did show a difference in plaque morphology from the parental virus...
- Watanabe A, Ikejima M, Suzuki N, Shimada T. Genomic organization and expression of the human MSH3 gene. Genomics. 1996;31:311-8 pubmed
- Yamashita T, Kupfer G, Naf D, Suliman A, Joenje H, Asano S, et al. The fanconi anemia pathway requires FAA phosphorylation and FAA/FAC nuclear accumulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:13085-90 pubmed..These biochemical events seem to define a signaling pathway required for the maintenance of genomic stability and normal hematopoiesis. Our results support the idea that multiple gene products cooperate in the FA Pathway. ..
- Yoshioka K, Saitoh O, Nakata H. Heteromeric association creates a P2Y-like adenosine receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:7617-22 pubmed..These results suggest that oligomeric association of A1R with P2Y1R generates A1R with P2Y1R-like agonistic pharmacology and provides a molecular mechanism for an increased diversity of purine signaling. ..
- Warabi K, Richardson M, Barry W, Yamaguchi K, Roush E, Nishimura K, et al. Human substance P receptor undergoes agonist-dependent phosphorylation by G protein-coupled receptor kinase 5 in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2002;521:140-4 pubmed..The phosphorylation has a high stoichiometry (20+/-4 mol phosphate/mol hSPR) and a low K(m) (1.7+/-0.1 nM). These data provide the first evidence that hSPR is a substrate of GRK5. ..
- Hasegawa M, Sasaki T, Sadakane K, Tabuchi M, Takeda Y, Kimura M, et al. Studies for the emetic mechanisms of ipecac syrup (TJN-119) and its active components in ferrets: involvement of 5-hydroxytryptamine receptors. Jpn J Pharmacol. 2002;89:113-9 pubmed..These results suggest that 5-HT3 receptor plays an important role in the emetic action of TJN-119, cephaeline and emetine, and the 5-HT4 receptor may be involved in their mechanisms. ..
- Sato S, Fujita N, Tsuruo T. Regulation of kinase activity of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-1 by binding to 14-3-3. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39360-7 pubmed..These data indicate that PDK1 kinase activity is negatively regulated by binding to 14-3-3 through the PDK1 autophosphorylation site Ser-241. ..
- Kimoto K, Suzuki K, Kizaki T, Hitomi Y, Ishida H, Katsuta H, et al. Gliclazide protects pancreatic beta-cells from damage by hydrogen peroxide. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:112-9 pubmed..Gliclazide may be effective in preventing beta-cells from the toxic action of reactive oxygen species in diabetes. ..
- Matsuda A, Itoh Y, Koshikawa N, Akizawa T, Yana I, Seiki M. Clusterin, an abundant serum factor, is a possible negative regulator of MT6-MMP/MMP-25 produced by neutrophils. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:36350-7 pubmed..On the other hand, it had no effect on the activities of MMP-2 and soluble MT1-MMP. Because clusterin is an abundant protein in the body fluid in tissues, it may act as a negative regulator of MT6-MMP in vivo. ..
- Ezaki J, Takeda Ezaki M, Koike M, Ohsawa Y, Taka H, Mineki R, et al. Characterization of Cln3p, the gene product responsible for juvenile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis, as a lysosomal integral membrane glycoprotein. J Neurochem. 2003;87:1296-308 pubmed..However, they were not affected by Endo h treatment. In addition, it was also elucidated that the amino terminal region of Cln3p faces the cytosol. ..
- Honda K, Yanai H, Mizutani T, Negishi H, Shimada N, Suzuki N, et al. Role of a transductional-transcriptional processor complex involving MyD88 and IRF-7 in Toll-like receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15416-21 pubmed..Thus, we propose that this molecular complex may function as a cytoplasmic transductional-transcriptional processor. ..
- Tamehiro N, Sato Y, Suzuki T, Hashimoto T, Asakawa Y, Yokoyama S, et al. Riccardin C: a natural product that functions as a liver X receptor (LXR)alpha agonist and an LXRbeta antagonist. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5299-304 pubmed..Despite its unique subtype-selective activity, RC enhanced ABCA1 and ABCG1 expression and cellular cholesterol efflux in THP-1 cells. RC may provide a novel tool for identifying subtype-function and drug development. ..
- Amano T, Gertsenstein M, Nagy A, Kurihara H, Suzuki H. Nuclear transfer reprogramming does not improve the low developmental potency of embryonic stem cells induced by long-term culture. Reproduction. 2006;132:257-63 pubmed..Those pups also died soon after birth, similar to the ES-ep-derived pups. These results suggest that profound epigenetic modifications of ES cells were retained in the re-established cell lines by NT. ..
- Nagai N, Oike Y, Izumi Nagai K, Urano T, Kubota Y, Noda K, et al. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-mediated inflammation is required for choroidal neovascularization. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:2252-9 pubmed..AT1-R-mediated inflammation plays a pivotal role in the development of CNV, indicating the possibility of AT1-R blockade as a novel therapeutic strategy to inhibit CNV. ..
- Shoda H, Fujio K, Yamaguchi Y, Okamoto A, Sawada T, Kochi Y, et al. Interactions between IL-32 and tumor necrosis factor alpha contribute to the exacerbation of immune-inflammatory diseases. Arthritis Res Ther. 2006;8:R166 pubmed..We therefore conclude that IL-32 is closely associated with TNFalpha, and contributes to the exacerbation of TNFalpha-related inflammatory arthritis and colitis. ..
- Yamazaki D, Oikawa T, Takenawa T. Rac-WAVE-mediated actin reorganization is required for organization and maintenance of cell-cell adhesion. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:86-100 pubmed..Thus, Rac-WAVE-dependent actin reorganization is not only involved in formation of cell-cell adhesions but is also required for their maintenance. ..
- Makita N, Sato J, Manaka K, Shoji Y, Oishi A, Hashimoto M, et al. An acquired hypocalciuric hypercalcemia autoantibody induces allosteric transition among active human Ca-sensing receptor conformations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5443-8 pubmed..We thus speculate that physiological modulators may exist that enable an agonist to specifically activate only one signaling pathway via a GPCR that activates multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Watanabe M, Noda M, Nakajin S. Aromatase expression in a human osteoblastic cell line increases in response to prostaglandin E(2) in a dexamethasone-dependent fashion. Steroids. 2007;72:686-92 pubmed..4 to drive aromatase expression. These findings also suggest that endogenous PGE(2) produced in bone mainly may synergistically support local estrogen production in osteoblastic cells in the presence of glucocorticoid. ..
- Katsuma S, Mita K, Shimada T. ERK- and JNK-dependent signaling pathways contribute to Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus infection. J Virol. 2007;81:13700-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that the activation of MAPK signaling pathways is required for efficient infection by BmNPV. ..
- Saji T, Kikuchi R, Kusuhara H, Kim I, Gonzalez F, Sugiyama Y. Transcriptional regulation of human and mouse organic anion transporter 1 by hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 alpha/beta. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008;324:784-90 pubmed..These results provide convincing evidence for the involvement of HNF1alpha/beta in the constitutive expression of human and mouse OAT1 in the kidney. ..
- Hitachi K, Kondow A, Danno H, Inui M, Uchiyama H, Asashima M. Tbx6, Thylacine1, and E47 synergistically activate bowline expression in Xenopus somitogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;313:816-28 pubmed..Our findings indicated that besides being a negative regulator of Tbx6, bowline itself is also regulated by Tbx6, suggesting the negative feedback loop of Tbx6-Bowline in the termination step of somite segmentation. ..
- Maehashi K, Matano M, Wang H, Vo L, Yamamoto Y, Huang L. Bitter peptides activate hTAS2Rs, the human bitter receptors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:851-5 pubmed..The results showed that these bitter peptides, as well as many other bitter compounds, activate hTAS2Rs, suggesting that humans utilize these hTAS2Rs to recognize and perceive the structure and bitterness of peptides. ..
- Tao O, Shimazaki T, Okada Y, Naka H, Kohda K, Yuzaki M, et al. Efficient generation of mature cerebellar Purkinje cells from mouse embryonic stem cells. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:234-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, EDPC precursors in SFEB can mature into PCs whose properties are comparable with those of native PCs in vitro. ..
- Nojima T, Oshiro Ideue T, Nakanoya H, Kawamura H, Morimoto T, Kawaguchi Y, et al. Herpesvirus protein ICP27 switches PML isoform by altering mRNA splicing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:6515-27 pubmed publisher..The switching of PML isoform from PML-II to PML-V as induced by ICP27 affected HSV-2 replication, suggesting that the viral protein modulates the splicing code of cellular pre-mRNA(s) governing virus propagation. ..
- Nakamura A, Arai H, Fujita N. Centrosomal Aki1 and cohesin function in separase-regulated centriole disengagement. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:607-14 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that centrosome-associated Aki1 and cohesin play pivotal roles in preventing premature cleavage in centriole cohesion...
- Kojima C, Ino J, Ishii H, Nitta K, Yoshida M. MMP-9 inhibition by ACE inhibitor reduces oxidized LDL-mediated foam-cell formation. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2010;17:97-105 pubmed..These findings suggest that imidaprilat reduces OxLDL-triggered foam-cell formation in THP-1 macrophages via modulation of MMP-9 activity and may indicate a novel antiinflamma-tory mechanism of imidaprilat in atherogenesis. ..
- Higuchi A, Kawakita T, Tsubota K. IL-6 induction in desiccated corneal epithelium in vitro and in vivo. Mol Vis. 2011;17:2400-6 pubmed..Desiccation induced IL-6 expression in corneal epithelial cells, suggesting that IL-6 participates in desiccation-induced cell death. ..
- Oda K, Nishimura T, Higuchi K, Ishido N, Ochi K, Iizasa H, et al. Estrogen receptor ? induction by mitoxantrone increases Abcg2 expression in placental trophoblast cells. J Pharm Sci. 2013;102:3364-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Abcg2 expression is induced by mitoxantrone via the induction of ER? in TR-TBT 18d-1 cells...
- Yamagata K, Suzuki S, Tagami M. Docosahexaenoic acid prevented tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced endothelial dysfunction and senescence. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2016;104:11-8 pubmed publisher..TNF-Î±-mediated upregulation of these genes was inhibited by allopurinol and apocynin. These results indicated that DHA regulated the expression of several genes that are associated with senescence and dysfunction of EC. ..
- Yagita H, Nakamura T, Karasuyama H, Okumura K. Monoclonal antibodies specific for murine CD2 reveal its presence on B as well as T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:645-9 pubmed..An unexpected expression of CD2 on murine B cells was revealed by immunofluorescence and immunoprecipitation studies with these monoclonal antibodies and by RNA blot analysis for the murine CD2 transcript. ..
- Miyata M, Nagata K, Shimada M, Yamazoe Y, Kato R. Structure of a gene and cDNA of a major constitutive form of testosterone 6 beta-hydroxylase (P450/6 beta A) encoding CYP3A2: comparison of the cDNA with P450PCN2. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1994;314:351-9 pubmed
- Fukuoka M, Suetsugu S, Miki H, Fukami K, Endo T, Takenawa T. A novel neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP) binding protein, WISH, induces Arp2/3 complex activation independent of Cdc42. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:471-82 pubmed..These findings suggest that WISH activates Arp2/3 complex through N-WASP-dependent and -independent pathways without Cdc42, resulting in the rapid actin polymerization required for microspike formation. ..
- Morita K, Saitoh M, Tobiume K, Matsuura H, Enomoto S, Nishitoh H, et al. Negative feedback regulation of ASK1 by protein phosphatase 5 (PP5) in response to oxidative stress. EMBO J. 2001;20:6028-36 pubmed..PP5 inhibited not only H(2)O(2)-induced sustained activation of ASK1 but also ASK1-dependent apoptosis. Thus, PP5 appears to act as a physiological inhibitor of ASK1-JNK/p38 pathways by negative feedback. ..
- Goseki Sone M, Yamada A, Hamatani R, Mizoi L, Iimura T, Ezawa I. Phosphate depletion enhances bone morphogenetic protein-4 gene expression in a cultured mouse marrow stromal cell line ST2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:395-9 pubmed..These results indicated that Pi depletion stimulates the TNSALP activity for the Pi supplementation, and that this system may involve the signaling pathway of the BMP-4 gene at the transcription level. ..
- Tsutsui T, Tamura Y, Yagi E, Someya H, Hori I, Metzler M, et al. Cell-transforming activity and mutagenicity of 5 phytoestrogens in cultured mammalian cells. Int J Cancer. 2003;105:312-20 pubmed..e., gene mutations, chromosome aberrations, aneuploidy or DNA adduct formation, suggesting the possible involvement of mutagenicity in the initiation of phytoestrogen-induced carcinogenesis. ..
- Nakayama Y, Nara N, Kawakita Y, Takeshima Y, Arakawa M, Katoh M, et al. Cloning of cDNA encoding a regeneration-associated muscle protease whose expression is attenuated in cell lines derived from Duchenne muscular dystrophy patients. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:1773-82 pubmed..These results suggest that RAMP may play a role in the regeneration of skeletal muscle and that its down-regulation could be involved in the progression of DMD in humans. ..
- Kirino Y, Yasukawa T, Ohta S, Akira S, Ishihara K, Watanabe K, et al. Codon-specific translational defect caused by a wobble modification deficiency in mutant tRNA from a human mitochondrial disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15070-5 pubmed..We thus concluded that the UUG codon-specific translational defect of the mutant mt tRNAs(Leu(UUR)) is the primary cause of MELAS at the molecular level. This result could explain the complex I deficiency observed clinically in MELAS...
- Yokota K, Shibata H, Kurihara I, Kobayashi S, Suda N, Murai Takeda A, et al. Coactivation of the N-terminal transactivation of mineralocorticoid receptor by Ubc9. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:1998-2010 pubmed..These findings support a physiological role of Ubc9 as a transcriptional MR coactivator, beyond the known SUMO E2-conjugating enzyme. ..
- Yamauchi J, Miyamoto Y, Torii T, Mizutani R, Nakamura K, Sanbe A, et al. Valproic acid-inducible Arl4D and cytohesin-2/ARNO, acting through the downstream Arf6, regulate neurite outgrowth in N1E-115 cells. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2043-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, Arl4D is a previously unknown regulator of neurite formation through cytohesin-2 and Arf6, providing another example that the functional interaction of two different small GTPases controls an important cellular function. ..
- Muta M, Yanagawa T, Sai Y, Saji S, Suzuki E, Aruga T, et al. Effect of low-dose Paclitaxel and docetaxel on endothelial progenitor cells. Oncology. 2009;77:182-91 pubmed publisher..We aimed to clarify the cytotoxic and inhibitory effects of these drugs on EPC...
- Ito S, Kusuhara H, Kuroiwa Y, Wu C, Moriyama Y, Inoue K, et al. Potent and specific inhibition of mMate1-mediated efflux of type I organic cations in the liver and kidney by pyrimethamine. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;333:341-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, PYR can be used as a potent probe inhibitor of human MATE transporters. ..
- Itakura E, Kishi Itakura C, Mizushima N. The hairpin-type tail-anchored SNARE syntaxin 17 targets to autophagosomes for fusion with endosomes/lysosomes. Cell. 2012;151:1256-69 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a mechanism by which the SNARE protein is available to the completed autophagosome...
- Nishimura T, Tamura N, Kono N, Shimanaka Y, Arai H, Yamamoto H, et al. Autophagosome formation is initiated at phosphatidylinositol synthase-enriched ER subdomains. EMBO J. 2017;36:1719-1735 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the autophagy-initiation complex, the PIS-enriched ER subdomain, and ATG9A vesicles together initiate autophagosome formation. ..
- Yamamoto A, Hashimoto Y, Kohri K, Ogata E, Kato S, Ikeda K, et al. Cyclin E as a coactivator of the androgen receptor. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:873-80 pubmed..These results suggest that cyclin E functions as a coactivator of the AR, and that aberrant expression of cyclin E in tumors may contribute to persistent activation of AR function, even during androgen ablation therapy. ..
- Sasaki T, Yamazaki K, Yamori T, Endo T. Inhibition of proliferation and induction of differentiation of glioma cells with Datura stramonium agglutinin. Br J Cancer. 2002;87:918-23 pubmed..Taken together, these observations suggest that Datura stramonium agglutinin may be useful as a new therapy for treating glioma without side effects...
- Yamazaki T, Akiba H, Iwai H, Matsuda H, Aoki M, Tanno Y, et al. Expression of programmed death 1 ligands by murine T cells and APC. J Immunol. 2002;169:5538-45 pubmed..The inducible expression of PD-1 ligands on both T cells and APCs may suggest new paradigms of PD-1-mediated immune regulation...
- Sakamoto H, Zhang X, Suenobu S, Ohbo K, Ogawa M, Suda T. Cell adhesion to ephrinb2 is induced by EphB4 independently of its kinase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:681-7 pubmed..These results suggest that activation of EphB4 participates in adhesive but not repulsive signals independently of its tyrosine kinase activity in hematopoietic cells. ..
- Tanifuji C, Suzuki Y, Geot W, Horikoshi S, Sugaya T, Ruiz Ortega M, et al. Reactive oxygen species-mediated signaling pathways in angiotensin II-induced MCP-1 expression of proximal tubular cells. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2005;7:1261-8 pubmed..ROS-mediated signaling in mProx may have more contribution to AngII-induced inflammatory responses than to those in MC. ..
- Yamazaki T, Enosawa S, Tsukiyama T, Tokiwa T. Presence of side-population cells in an immortalized nontumorigenic human liver epithelial cell line. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2008;44:6-9 pubmed..This is the first report of the presence of SP cells in the immortalized, nontumorigenic human liver cell line. ..
- Hayashi H, Sugiyama Y. Short-chain ubiquitination is associated with the degradation rate of a cell-surface-resident bile salt export pump (BSEP/ABCB11). Mol Pharmacol. 2009;75:143-50 pubmed publisher..Modulation of short-chain ubiquitination can regulate the change in the degradation rate of cell-surface-resident BSEP by 4PBA treatment and PFIC2-type mutations...