Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell line in Tokushima, Japan
Locale: Tokushima, Japan
Topic: cell line
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Nakashima Y, Haneji T. Stimulation of osteoclast formation by RANKL requires interferon regulatory factor-4 and is inhibited by simvastatin in a mouse model of bone loss. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72033 pubmed publisher..We propose that the expression of IRF4 by osteoclasts could be a promising new therapeutic target in bone-loss diseases. ..
- Arakaki N, Nagao T, Niki R, Toyofuku A, Tanaka H, Kuramoto Y, et al. Possible role of cell surface H+ -ATP synthase in the extracellular ATP synthesis and proliferation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2003;1:931-9 pubmed..The present results demonstrate that the use of small molecular H(+)-ATP synthase inhibitors targeting the F(1) catalytic domain may lead to significant advances in potential antiangiogenic cancer therapies. ..
- Sakurai A, Jere A, Yoshida A, Yamada T, Iwamoto A, Adachi A, et al. Functional analysis of HIV-1 vif genes derived from Japanese long-term nonprogressors and progressors for AIDS. Microbes Infect. 2004;6:799-805 pubmed..All PRs with high viral load had a high ratio of active vif clones. Our results suggest that the presence of functional vif would influence HIV-1 infectivity and disease progression in infected individuals. ..
- Nakamura M, Miyamoto K, Hayashi K, Awaad A, Ochiai M, Ishimura K. Time-lapse fluorescence imaging and quantitative single cell and endosomal analysis of peritoneal macrophages using fluorescent organosilica nanoparticles. Nanomedicine. 2013;9:274-83 pubmed publisher..F-thiol-OS-100 proved to be superior to quantum dots and organic flurescent dyes, and enabled quantitative single cell functional analysis. ..
- Okamoto M, Oh E G, Oshikawa T, Furuichi S, Tano T, Ahmed S, et al. Toll-like receptor 4 mediates the antitumor host response induced by a 55-kilodalton protein isolated from Aeginetia indica L., a parasitic plant. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2004;11:483-95 pubmed..Finally, the antitumor effect of AILb-A was also impaired in TLR4-deficient and TLR4-mutated mice. These findings suggest that TLR4 mediates antitumor immunity induced by the plant-derived protein AILb-A. ..
- Ikeda Y, Aihara K, Akaike M, Sato T, Ishikawa K, Ise T, et al. Androgen receptor counteracts Doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in male mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1338-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, the androgen-AR system is thought to counteract Dox-induced cardiotoxicity partly through activation of the Akt pathway and up-regulation of Tfam to protect cardiomyocytes from mitochondrial damage and apoptosis. ..
- Li Q, Hosaka T, Shikama Y, Bando Y, Kosugi C, Kataoka N, et al. Heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor (HB-EGF) mediates 5-HT-induced insulin resistance through activation of EGF receptor-ERK1/2-mTOR pathway. Endocrinology. 2012;153:56-68 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that transactivation of the EGF receptor through HB-EGF processing plays a pivotal role in 5-HT-induced insulin resistance. ..
- Yamada H, Le Q, Kousaka A, Higashi Y, Tsukane M, Kido H. Sendai virus infection up-regulates trypsin I and matrix metalloproteinase-9, triggering viral multiplication and matrix degradation in rat lungs and lung L2 cells. Arch Virol. 2006;151:2529-37 pubmed..Up-regulation of proMMP-9 and its active convertase trypsin I seems to synergistically enhance virus multiplication and the destruction of lung matrix, resulting in the progression of pneumonia. ..
- Kuwahata M, Yoshimura T, Sawai Y, Amano S, Tomoe Y, Segawa H, et al. Localization of polypyrimidine-tract-binding protein is involved in the regulation of albumin synthesis by branched-chain amino acids in HepG2 cells. J Nutr Biochem. 2008;19:438-47 pubmed..These data indicate that the mammalian target of rapamycin is involved in the regulation of PTB localization and that leucine promotes albumin synthesis by inhibiting the formation of the albumin mRNA-PTB complex. ..
- Siomi M, Higashijima K, Ishizuka A, Siomi H. Casein kinase II phosphorylates the fragile X mental retardation protein and modulates its biological properties. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8438-47 pubmed..These studies support the model that the biological functions of FMR1, such as regulation of gene expression, are likely regulated by its phosphorylation. ..
- Nakano A, Abe M, Oda A, Amou H, Hiasa M, Nakamura S, et al. Delayed treatment with vitamin C and N-acetyl-L-cysteine protects Schwann cells without compromising the anti-myeloma activity of bortezomib. Int J Hematol. 2011;93:727-735 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that delayed treatment with these agents may be instrumental in prophylaxis of BIPN. ..
- Hosokawa Y, Hosokawa I, Shindo S, Ozaki K, Matsuo T. IL-4 Modulates CCL11 and CCL20 Productions from IL-1β-Stimulated Human Periodontal Ligament Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:153-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, IL-4 is positively related with the pathogenesis of periodontal disease to control chemokine productions in periodontal lesions. ..
- Nagahama M, Yamaguchi A, Hagiyama T, Ohkubo N, Kobayashi K, Sakurai J. Binding and internalization of Clostridium perfringens iota-toxin in lipid rafts. Infect Immun. 2004;72:3267-75 pubmed..Surface plasmon resonance analysis revealed that Ia binds to the oligomer of Ib. We conclude that Ib binds to a receptor in membranes and then moves to rafts and that Ia bound to the oligomer of Ib formed in the rafts is internalized. ..
- Tsuchida K, Nakatani M, Yamakawa N, Hashimoto O, Hasegawa Y, Sugino H. Activin isoforms signal through type I receptor serine/threonine kinase ALK7. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;220:59-65 pubmed..Thus, the differential combination of receptor heterodimers mediates variation in activin isoform signaling. ..
- Higashio H, Nishimura N, Ishizaki H, Miyoshi J, Orita S, Sakane A, et al. Doc2 alpha and Munc13-4 regulate Ca(2+) -dependent secretory lysosome exocytosis in mast cells. J Immunol. 2008;180:4774-84 pubmed..These results suggest that the Doc2alpha-Muunc13-4 system regulates Ca(2+)-dependent secretory lysosome exocytosis in mast cells. ..
- Yamashita T, Kamada K, Hatcho K, Adachi A, Nomaguchi M. Identification of amino acid residues in HIV-1 Vif critical for binding and exclusion of APOBEC3G/F. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:1142-9 pubmed publisher..Our results here have indicated that at least two distinct regions in the N-terminal half of HIV-1 Vif are critical for binding and exclusion of A3G/F. ..
- Teramachi J, Morimoto H, Baba R, Doi Y, Hirashima K, Haneji T. Double stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase is involved in osteoclast differentiation of RAW264.7 cells in vitro. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:3254-62 pubmed publisher..The finding that the PKR-positive multinuclear cells should be osteoclasts was confirmed by TRAP-staining. Our present study indicates that PKR plays important roles in the differentiation of osteoclasts. ..
- Nomaguchi M, Yokoyama M, Kono K, Nakayama E, Shioda T, Saito A, et al. Gag-CA Q110D mutation elicits TRIM5-independent enhancement of HIV-1mt replication in macaque cells. Microbes Infect. 2013;15:56-65 pubmed publisher..Our results here indicate that CA-Q110D accelerates viral growth in macaque cells irrelevant to TRIM5 proteins restriction...
- Morimoto S, Nishimura N, Terai T, Manabe S, Yamamoto Y, Shinahara W, et al. Rab13 mediates the continuous endocytic recycling of occludin to the cell surface. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2220-8 pubmed..These results suggest that Rab13 specifically mediates the continuous endocytic recycling of occludin to the cell surface in both fibroblastic and epithelial cells. ..
- Ueno A, Miwa Y, Miyoshi K, Horiguchi T, Inoue H, Ruspita I, et al. Constitutive expression of thrombospondin 1 in MC3T3-E1 osteoblastic cells inhibits mineralization. J Cell Physiol. 2006;209:322-32 pubmed..These results indicate that TSP1 functions as an inhibitory regulator of bone mineralization and matrix production by osteoblasts to sustain bone homeostasis. ..
- Yoshida K, Okamura H, Amorim B, Hinode D, Yoshida H, Haneji T. PKR-mediated degradation of STAT1 regulates osteoblast differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2105-14 pubmed publisher..Our present results suggest that the aberrant accumulation of STAT1 protein induced by loss of PKR regulate osteoblast differentiation through both SLIM/STAT1-dependent and -independent pathways. ..
- Amorim B, Okamura H, Yoshida K, Qiu L, Morimoto H, Haneji T. The transcriptional factor Osterix directly interacts with RNA helicase A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:347-51 pubmed..Immunocytochemical analysis also showed that Osterix and RNA helicase A were co-localized in HEK 293 cells. Our data suggest that RNA helicase A might be a component of Osterix regulation. ..
- Yokoyama K, Kamata N, Fujimoto R, Tsutsumi S, Tomonari M, Taki M, et al. Increased invasion and matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression by Snail-induced mesenchymal transition in squamous cell carcinomas. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:891-8 pubmed
- Hashimoto T, Suganuma M, Fujiki H, Yamada M, Kohno T, Asakawa Y. Isolation and synthesis of TNF-alpha release inhibitors from Fijian kawa (Piper methysticum). Phytomedicine. 2003;10:309-17 pubmed..We synthesized 5,6-dehydrokawain (1) and yangonin (4) via three steps from the dianion of ethyl acetoacetate achieving a good yield and determined their conformations by high resolution NMR and x-ray crystallographic analysis. ..
- Yamashita T, Nomaguchi M, Miyake A, Uchiyama T, Adachi A. Status of APOBEC3G/F in cells and progeny virions modulated by Vif determines HIV-1 infectivity. Microbes Infect. 2010;12:166-71 pubmed publisher..We also showed that incorporation of Vif into virions is dependent on its interaction with A3G/A3F. Taken together, we concluded that functional binding of Vif to A3G/A3F in cells and/or virions is critical for viral infectivity. ..
- Nakamura T, Fujihara S, Katsura T, Yamamoto K, Inubushi T, Tanimoto K, et al. Effects of low-intensity pulsed ultrasound on the expression and activity of hyaluronan synthase and hyaluronidase in IL-1?-stimulated synovial cells. Ann Biomed Eng. 2010;38:3363-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, LIPUS stimulation may be a better candidate as medical remedy to treat inflammatory joint diseases accompanied with HA degradation in synovial fluid. ..
- Tanimura A, Yamada F, Saito A, Ito M, Kimura T, Anzai N, et al. Analysis of different complexes of type IIa sodium-dependent phosphate transporter in rat renal cortex using blue-native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. J Med Invest. 2011;58:140-7 pubmed..These results suggest that NaPi-IIa can form some different complexes on the apical plasma membrane of renal proximal tubular cells. ..
- Kishi S, Abe H, Akiyama H, Tominaga T, Murakami T, Mima A, et al. SOX9 protein induces a chondrogenic phenotype of mesangial cells and contributes to advanced diabetic nephropathy. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32162-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that the transdifferentiation of MCs into chondrocyte-like cells in chronic hypoxic stress may result in irreversible structural change in DN. ..
- Utami T, Miyoshi K, Hagita H, Yanuaryska R, Horiguchi T, Noma T. Possible linkage of SP6 transcriptional activity with amelogenesis by protein stabilization. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2011;2011:320987 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the regulation of SP6 protein stability is one of the crucial steps in amelogenesis. ..
- Fujita Y, Yoshizumi M, Izawa Y, Ali N, Ohnishi H, Kanematsu Y, et al. Transactivation of fetal liver kinase-1/kinase-insert domain-containing receptor by lysophosphatidylcholine induces vascular endothelial cell proliferation. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1377-85 pubmed..These findings suggest that LPC-induced Flk-1/KDR transactivation via c-Src may have important implications for the progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- Nagao T, Yamashita T, Miyake A, Uchiyama T, Nomaguchi M, Adachi A. Different interaction between HIV-1 Vif and its cellular target proteins APOBEC3G/APOBEC3F. J Med Invest. 2010;57:89-94 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicated that interaction of HIV-1 Vif and APOBEC3G is distinct from that between Vif and APOBEC3F. ..
- Yoshioka M, Fukuishi N, Iriguchi S, Ohsaki K, Yamanobe H, Inukai A, et al. Lipoteichoic acid downregulates FcepsilonRI expression on human mast cells through Toll-like receptor 2. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;120:452-61 pubmed..By knowing how bacterial components modulate MC function, we can expand our possibilities for therapeutic interventions of allergic diseases. ..
- Nishimura N, Sasaki T. Cell-surface biotinylation to study endocytosis and recycling of occludin. Methods Mol Biol. 2008;440:89-96 pubmed publisher..We describe the method to study the intracellular transport of occludin to and from the cell surface in both fibroblastic and epithelial cells. ..
- Sakane A, Abdallah A, Nakano K, Honda K, Ikeda W, Nishikawa Y, et al. Rab13 small G protein and junctional Rab13-binding protein (JRAB) orchestrate actin cytoskeletal organization during epithelial junctional development. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:42455-68 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Rab13 and JRAB regulate reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton throughout epithelial junctional development from establishment to maturation of cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Xu G, Li Y, Yoshimoto K, Wu Q, Chen G, Iwata T, et al. 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin stimulates proliferation of HAPI microglia by affecting the Akt/GSK-3?/cyclin D1 signaling pathway. Toxicol Lett. 2014;224:362-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, TCDD stimulates proliferation of HAPI microglial cells by affecting the Akt/GSK-3?/cyclin D1 signaling pathway. ..
- Kanda I, Nishimura N, Nakatsuji H, Yamamura R, Nakanishi H, Sasaki T. Involvement of Rab13 and JRAB/MICAL-L2 in epithelial cell scattering. Oncogene. 2008;27:1687-95 pubmed..These results indicate that Rab13 and JRAB/MICAL-L2 are involved in epithelial cell scattering. ..
- Nakatsuji H, Nishimura N, Yamamura R, Kanayama H, Sasaki T. Involvement of actinin-4 in the recruitment of JRAB/MICAL-L2 to cell-cell junctions and the formation of functional tight junctions. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3324-35 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that actinin-4 is involved in recruiting JRAB/MICAL-L2 to cell-cell junctions and forming functional TJs. ..
- Davaadorj P, Tokuyama R, Ide S, Tadokoro S, Kudoh K, Satomura K. Possible involvement of maspin in tooth development. Histochem Cell Biol. 2010;134:603-14 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that maspin expressed in ameloblasts and odontoblasts plays an important physiological role in tooth development through the regulation of matrix formation in dental tissues. ..
- Asano J, Nakano A, Oda A, Amou H, Hiasa M, Takeuchi K, et al. The serine/threonine kinase Pim-2 is a novel anti-apoptotic mediator in myeloma cells. Leukemia. 2011;25:1182-8 pubmed publisher..The Pim inhibitor suppresses 4E-BP1 phosphorylation along with the reduction of Mcl-1 and c-Myc. Pim-2 may therefore become a new target for MM treatment. ..
- Uebanso T, Taketani Y, Yamamoto H, Amo K, Ominami H, Arai H, et al. Paradoxical regulation of human FGF21 by both fasting and feeding signals: is FGF21 a nutritional adaptation factor?. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22976 pubmed publisher..These regulatory mechanisms suggest that human FGF21 is increased with nutritional crisis, including starvation and overfeeding. ..
- Nishito Y, Tsuji N, Fujishiro H, Takeda T, Yamazaki T, Teranishi F, et al. Direct Comparison of Manganese Detoxification/Efflux Proteins and Molecular Characterization of ZnT10 Protein as a Manganese Transporter. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:14773-87 pubmed publisher..These results provide important information about manganese detoxification/efflux mechanisms in vertebrate cells as well as the molecular characterization of hZnT10 as a manganese transporter. ..
- Kogure K, Hama S, Manabe S, Tokumura A, Fukuzawa K. High cytotoxicity of alpha-tocopheryl hemisuccinate to cancer cells is due to failure of their antioxidative defense systems. Cancer Lett. 2002;186:151-6 pubmed
- Yamamoto Y, Nishimura N, Morimoto S, Kitamura H, Manabe S, Kanayama H, et al. Distinct roles of Rab3B and Rab13 in the polarized transport of apical, basolateral, and tight junctional membrane proteins to the plasma membrane. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:270-5 pubmed..These results suggest that Rab3B and Rab13 direct the cell-surface transport of LDLR and Claudin-1, respectively, and may contribute to epithelial polarization. ..
- Harinantenaina L, Quang D, Nishizawa T, Hashimoto T, Kohchi C, Soma G, et al. Bioactive compounds from liverworts: Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-induced inducible NOS mRNA in RAW 264.7 cells by herbertenoids and cuparenoids. Phytomedicine. 2007;14:486-91 pubmed..For 2-hydroxy-4-methoxycuparene, chosen as representative compound, the strong inhibitory activity was related to the inhibition on LPS-induced iNOS mRNA. The structure-activity relationship will be discussed...
- Yuasa K, Masuda T, Yoshikawa C, Nagahama M, Matsuda Y, Tsuji A. Subtilisin-like proprotein convertase PACE4 is required for skeletal muscle differentiation. J Biochem. 2009;146:407-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PACE4 plays an important role in myogenic differentiation through its association with the IGF-II pathway. ..
- Sakurai T, Kojima C, Kobayashi Y, Hirano S, Sakurai M, Waalkes M, et al. Toxicity of a trivalent organic arsenic compound, dimethylarsinous glutathione in a rat liver cell line (TRL 1215). Br J Pharmacol. 2006;149:888-97 pubmed..These findings suggest that the significant cytotoxicity induced by DMAs(III)G may not be seen in healthy humans, even if DMAs(III)G is formed in the body from As(III). ..
- Ozdener M, Subramaniam S, Sundaresan S, Sery O, Hashimoto T, Asakawa Y, et al. CD36- and GPR120-mediated Ca²? signaling in human taste bud cells mediates differential responses to fatty acids and is altered in obese mice. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:995-1005 pubmed publisher..CD36 and GPR120 have nonoverlapping roles in TBC signaling during orogustatory perception of dietary lipids; these are differentially regulated by obesity. ..
- Ishizuka A, Siomi M, Siomi H. A Drosophila fragile X protein interacts with components of RNAi and ribosomal proteins. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2497-508 pubmed..Our findings suggest a model in which the RNAi and dFMR1-mediated translational control pathways intersect in Drosophila. Our findings also raise the possibility that defects in an RNAi-related machinery may cause human disease. ..
- Uchiyama T. Growth of typhus group and spotted fever group rickettsiae in insect cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1063:215-21 pubmed..Thus, it is yet to be elucidated whether these major outer membrane proteins have any roles in these steps. ..
- Kuroda Y, Mitsui T, Kunishige M, Matsumoto T. Parkin affects mitochondrial function and apoptosis in neuronal and myogenic cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:787-93 pubmed..The present results suggest the cell-selective function of parkin, i.e., parkin possesses anti-apoptotic and anti-oxidant function in neuronal or myogenic cells but not in kidney cells. ..
- Sakane A, Hatakeyama S, Sasaki T. Involvement of Rabring7 in EGF receptor degradation as an E3 ligase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:1058-64 pubmed..These results suggest that Rabring7 is involved in the endocytic trafficking of EGFR through its E3 ligase activity. ..
- Kawai Y, Nishikawa T, Shiba Y, Saito S, Murota K, Shibata N, et al. Macrophage as a target of quercetin glucuronides in human atherosclerotic arteries: implication in the anti-atherosclerotic mechanism of dietary flavonoids. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9424-34 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a new insight into the bioavailability of dietary flavonoids and the mechanism for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Sado M, Yamasaki Y, Iwanaga T, Onaka Y, Ibuki T, Nishihara S, et al. Protective effect against Parkinson's disease-related insults through the activation of XBP1. Brain Res. 2009;1257:16-24 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the enhancement of XBP1 could be a novel PD therapeutic strategy. ..
- Tominaga T, Dutta R, Joladarashi D, Doi T, Reddy J, Kanwar Y. Transcriptional and Translational Modulation of myo-Inositol Oxygenase (Miox) by Fatty Acids: IMPLICATIONS IN RENAL TUBULAR INJURY INDUCED IN OBESITY AND DIABETES. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1348-67 pubmed publisher..Conceivably, activation of the mTORC1/Srebp1/Miox pathway leads to the generation of ROS culminating into tubulo-interstitial injury in states of obesity. ..
- Sakaue Y, Domon H, Oda M, Takenaka S, Kubo M, Fukuyama Y, et al. Anti-biofilm and bactericidal effects of magnolia bark-derived magnolol and honokiol on Streptococcus mutans. Microbiol Immunol. 2016;60:10-6 pubmed publisher..Thus; it was found that magnolol has antimicrobial activities against planktonic and biofilm cells of S. mutans. Magnolol may be a candidate for prevention and management of dental caries. ..
- Taki M, Kamata N, Yokoyama K, Fujimoto R, Tsutsumi S, Nagayama M. Down-regulation of Wnt-4 and up-regulation of Wnt-5a expression by epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human squamous carcinoma cells. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:593-7 pubmed..These results indicated that Wnt-4 and Wnt-5a are oppositely affected by EMT, and down-regulation of Wnt-4 and up-regulation of Wnt-5a are possible markers of the malignant phenotype of human SCC. ..
- Nashiki K, Taketani Y, Takeichi T, Sawada N, Yamamoto H, Ichikawa M, et al. Role of membrane microdomains in PTH-mediated down-regulation of NaPi-IIa in opossum kidney cells. Kidney Int. 2005;68:1137-47 pubmed..This compartmentalization may play an important role in the down-regulation of NaPi-IIa via endocytosis. ..
- Tokuyama R, Satomura K, Maeda E, Kudoh K, Yamasaki Y, Nagayama M. Maspin is involved in bone matrix maturation by enhancing the accumulation of latent TGF-beta. J Bone Miner Res. 2007;22:1581-91 pubmed
- Hayama M, Okumura Y, Takahashi E, Shimabukuro A, Tamura M, Takeda N, et al. Identification and analysis of the promoter region of the type II transmembrane serine protease polyserase-1 and its transcript variants. Biol Chem. 2007;388:853-8 pubmed
- Jere A, Fujita M, Adachi A, Nomaguchi M. Role of HIV-1 Nef protein for virus replication in vitro. Microbes Infect. 2010;12:65-70 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes and organizes current knowledge of HIV-1 Nef with respect to this particularly virological activity for understanding the basis of its in vivo function. ..
- Fujishiro H, Doi M, Enomoto S, Himeno S. High sensitivity of RBL-2H3 cells to cadmium and manganese: an implication of the role of ZIP8. Metallomics. 2011;3:710-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, RBL-2H3 cells may serve as a good model for clarifying the mechanisms of Cd and Mn transport via ZIP8. ..
- Yoshida K, Okamura H, Ochiai K, Hoshino Y, Haneji T, Yoshioka M, et al. PKR plays a positive role in osteoblast differentiation by regulating GSK-3? activity through a ?-catenin-independent pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;361:99-105 pubmed publisher..PKR positively regulates the differentiation of osteoblasts by mediating GSK-3? activity through a ?-catenin-independent pathway. ..
- Shiota A, Shimabukuro M, Fukuda D, Soeki T, Sato H, Uematsu E, et al. Telmisartan ameliorates insulin sensitivity by activating the AMPK/SIRT1 pathway in skeletal muscle of obese db/db mice. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:139 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the pathways through which telmisartan acts on skeletal muscle, in vitro as well as in vivo...
- Miyake A, Fujita M, Fujino H, Koga R, Kawamura S, Otsuka M, et al. Poly-proline motif in HIV-2 Vpx is critical for its efficient translation. J Gen Virol. 2014;95:179-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, it can be concluded that the notable PPM sequence enhances the expression of Vpx proteins from viruses of the HIV-2/SIVmac group at the translational level. ..
- Nikawa T, Ikemoto M, Tokuoka K, Teshima S, Alpers D, Masui Y, et al. Interleukin-1beta enhances retinoic acid-mediated expression of bone-type alkaline phosphatase in rat IEC-6 cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;280:G510-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that IL-1beta may modify the ALP isozyme expression in small intestinal epithelial cells by stimulating PKC-dependent, RAR-beta- and/or RXR-beta-mediated signaling pathways...
- Okumura Y, Nishikawa M, Cui P, Shiota M, Nakamura Y, Adachi M, et al. Cloning and characterization of a transmembrane-type serine protease from rat kidney, a new sodium channel activator. Biol Chem. 2003;384:1483-95 pubmed..These observations suggest that it is a new member of the trypsin-type transmembrane proteases, which regulate sodium balance by activating the epithelial sodium channel. ..
- Qian Z, Sano T, Asa S, Yamada S, Horiguchi H, Tashiro T, et al. Cytoplasmic expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor-4 in human pituitary adenomas: relation to tumor type, size, proliferation, and invasiveness. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1904-11 pubmed..Moreover, detection of FGFR4 cytoplasmic staining may provide an ancillary diagnostic tool in the diagnosis of pituitary adenoma, particularly in equivocal cases. ..
- Onishi Y, Hirasaka K, Ishihara I, Oarada M, Goto J, Ogawa T, et al. Identification of mono-ubiquitinated LDH-A in skeletal muscle cells exposed to oxidative stress. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;336:799-806 pubmed..Our results suggest that oxidative stress induces not only poly-ubiquitination but also mono-ubiquitination of LDH-A, which may be involved in its lysosomal degradation during unloading. ..
- Harinantenaina L, Quang D, Takeshi N, Hashimoto T, Kohchi C, Soma G, et al. Bis(bibenzyls) from liverworts inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced inducible NOS in RAW 264.7 cells: a study of structure-activity relationships and molecular mechanism. J Nat Prod. 2005;68:1779-81 pubmed..Among the compounds tested, marchantin A was the most potent, and its inhibitory activity was consistent with the inhibition of LPS-induced iNOS mRNA...
- Harinantenaina L, Takahara Y, Nishizawa T, Kohchi C, Soma G, Asakawa Y. Chemical constituents of malagasy liverworts, part V: prenyl bibenzyls and clerodane diterpenoids with nitric oxide inhibitory activity from Radula appressa and Thysananthus spathulistipus. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2006;54:1046-9 pubmed..All of the isolated compounds inhibited nitric oxide (NO) production in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells and the greatest inhibition was attributed to compound 5, with an IC50 value of 4.5 microM. ..
- Arakaki N, Nishihama T, Kohda A, Owaki H, Kuramoto Y, Abe R, et al. Regulation of mitochondrial morphology and cell survival by Mitogenin I and mitochondrial single-stranded DNA binding protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1760:1364-72 pubmed..The present results demonstrated that these proteins play a role in cell survival. ..
- Piroozmand A, Yamamoto Y, Khamsri B, Fujita M, Uchiyama T, Adachi A. Generation and characterization of APOBEC3G-positive 293T cells for HIV-1 Vif study. J Med Invest. 2007;54:154-8 pubmed..These results indicated that our new A3G-C1 cell line is eminently useful for various studies on the interaction of human APOBEC3G and HIV-1 Vif. ..
- Kamada K, Yamashita T, Hatcho K, Adachi A, Nomaguchi M. Evasion from CypA- and APOBEC-mediated restrictions is insufficient for HIV-1 to efficiently grow in simian cells. Microbes Infect. 2009;11:164-71 pubmed publisher..Together with our previous results regarding NL-DT5R, these data suggested that evasion from CypA- and APOBEC-mediated restrictions is still insufficient for HIV-1 to completely overcome the species barrier...
- Kijima M, Iwata A, Maekawa Y, Uehara H, Izumi K, Kitamura A, et al. Jagged1 suppresses collagen-induced arthritis by indirectly providing a negative signal in CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2009;182:3566-72 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Jagged1 is able to deliver an indirect negative signal into CD8(+) T cells in vivo, which suggests its therapeutic potential in the treatment of CD8(+) T cell-mediated diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Shono A, Tsukaguchi H, Kitamura A, Hiramoto R, Qin X, Doi T, et al. Predisposition to relapsing nephrotic syndrome by a nephrin mutation that interferes with assembly of functioning microdomains. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:2943-56 pubmed publisher..The defective SD likely confers a susceptibility to immunogenic stimuli and predisposes to a relapsing phenotype. ..
- Bando M, Zou X, Hiroshima Y, Kataoka M, Ross K, Shinohara Y, et al. Mechanism of interleukin-1? transcriptional regulation of S100A9 in a human epidermal keratinocyte cell line. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1829:954-62 pubmed publisher..Hence, IL-1? is strongly suggested to increase S100A9 expression in a human epidermal keratinocyte cell line by signaling through the IL-1 receptor and p38 MAPK, increasing C/EBP?-dependent transcriptional activity. ..
- Fujishiro H, Ohashi T, Takuma M, Himeno S. Suppression of ZIP8 expression is a common feature of cadmium-resistant and manganese-resistant RBL-2H3 cells. Metallomics. 2013;5:437-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ZIP8 plays a pivotal role in the transport and toxicity of Cd(2+) and Mn(2+) in RBL-2H3 cells. ..
- Horiuchi S, Hiasa M, Yasue A, Sekine K, Hamada K, Asaoka K, et al. Fabrications of zinc-releasing biocement combining zinc calcium phosphate to calcium phosphate cement. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2014;29:151-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, ZCP added CPC at an appropriate fraction has a potent promotional effect on bone substitute biomaterials. ..
- Uchida D, Omotehara F, Nakashiro K, Tateishi Y, Hino S, Begum N, et al. Posttranscriptional regulation of TSC-22 (TGF-beta-stimulated clone-22) gene by TGF-beta 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:846-54 pubmed..These observations suggest that up-regulation of TSC-22 mRNA by TGF-beta 1 is achieved by mRNA stabilization, but not by transcriptional activation. ..
- Sakai T, Liu L, Teng X, Mukai Sakai R, Shimada H, Kaji R, et al. Nucling recruits Apaf-1/pro-caspase-9 complex for the induction of stress-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41131-40 pubmed..These findings suggest that Nucling recruits and transports the apoptosome complex during stress-induced apoptosis. ..
- Yamamura R, Nishimura N, Nakatsuji H, Arase S, Sasaki T. The interaction of JRAB/MICAL-L2 with Rab8 and Rab13 coordinates the assembly of tight junctions and adherens junctions. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:971-83 pubmed..These results suggest that the interaction of JRAB/MICAL-L2 with Rab8 and Rab13 coordinates the assembly of AJs and TJs. ..
- Inagaki Y, Yoshida K, Ohba H, Seto H, Kido J, Haneji T, et al. High glucose levels increase osteopontin production and pathologic calcification in rat dental pulp tissues. J Endod. 2010;36:1014-20 pubmed publisher..It was reported that amorphous calcification appeared in the dental pulp of diabetic patients. The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between OPN expression and pathologic calcification in rat diabetic pulp...
- Adachi A, Oshima Y, Koyama A. Activation of HIV-1 enhancer sequence by vaccinia virus. Int J Mol Med. 1999;3:311-3 pubmed..These data clearly demonstrated that VV transactivates HIV-1 LTR through a mechanism distinct from that of activation by HIV-1 Tat. ..
- Morimoto H, Okamura H, Haneji T. Interaction of protein phosphatase 1 delta with nucleolin in human osteoblastic cells. J Histochem Cytochem. 2002;50:1187-93 pubmed..These results indicate that PP1delta was associated with nucleolin in the nucleolus of MG63 and Saos-2 cells and that nucleolin is a possible candidate substrate for PP1delta. ..
- Ueno F, Shiota H, Miyaura M, Yoshida A, Sakurai A, Tatsuki J, et al. Vpx and Vpr proteins of HIV-2 up-regulate the viral infectivity by a distinct mechanism in lymphocytic cells. Microbes Infect. 2003;5:387-95 pubmed
- Sakurada T, Mima K, Kurisaki A, Sugino H, Yamauchi T. Neuronal cell type-specific promoter of the alpha CaM kinase II gene is activated by Zic2, a Zic family zinc finger protein. Neurosci Res. 2005;53:323-30 pubmed..These results indicated that Zic2 was one of the proteins binding to, and regulating the activity of, the promoter of alpha CaM kinase II. ..
- Okumura Y, Hayama M, Takahashi E, Fujiuchi M, Shimabukuro A, Yano M, et al. Serase-1B, a new splice variant of polyserase-1/TMPRSS9, activates urokinase-type plasminogen activator and the proteolytic activation is negatively regulated by glycosaminoglycans. Biochem J. 2006;400:551-61 pubmed..Our results indicate that Serase-1B is a novel member of TTSPs that might be involved in uPA/plasmin-mediated proteolysis and possibly implicated in biological events such as fibrinolysis and tumour progression. ..