Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell division in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: cell division
- Kim J, Sawada A, Tokimasa S, Endo H, Ozono K, Hara J, et al. Defective long-term repopulating ability in hematopoietic stem cells lacking the Polycomb-group gene rae28. Eur J Haematol. 2004;73:75-84 pubmed
- Sawai M, Yashiro M, Nishiguchi Y, Ohira M, Hirakawa K. Growth-inhibitory effects of the ketone body, monoacetoacetin, on human gastric cancer cells with succinyl-CoA: 3-oxoacid CoA-transferase (SCOT) deficiency. Anticancer Res. 2004;24:2213-7 pubmed..SCOT mRNA was expressed in MKN-45, MKN-74 and normal fibroblasts, but not in MKN-28 or OCUM-2M. Parenteral nutrition with MAA may provide preferential energy for patients with some types of gastric cancer with SCOT deficiency. ..
- Hashida H, Takabayashi A, Kanai M, Adachi M, Kondo K, Kohno N, et al. Aminopeptidase N is involved in cell motility and angiogenesis: its clinical significance in human colon cancer. Gastroenterology. 2002;122:376-86 pubmed..Our data suggest that APN/CD13 is involved in cell motility and angiogenesis, and APN/CD13 expression may be a useful indicator of a poor prognosis for node-positive patients with colon cancer. ..
- Yasui H, Naka N, Imura Y, Outani H, Kaneko K, Hamada K, et al. Tailored therapeutic strategies for synovial sarcoma: receptor tyrosine kinase pathway analyses predict sensitivity to the mTOR inhibitor RAD001. Cancer Lett. 2014;347:114-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, evaluating activated RTKs in clinical samples may predict sensitivity to mTOR inhibitors, raising the possibility of a tailored therapy for SS. ..
- Nagai H, Aoki M. Inhibition of growth plate angiogenesis and endochondral ossification with diminished expression of MMP-13 in hypertrophic chondrocytes in FGF-2-treated rats. J Bone Miner Metab. 2002;20:142-7 pubmed..Because MMP-13 has potent proteolytic activity on cartilage components, the FGF-2 signal may inhibit angiogenesis and endochondral ossification of the growth plate by the suppression of MMP-13 expression in hypertrophic chondrocytes. ..
- Segawa Y, Yoshimura R, Hase T, Nakatani T, Wada S, Kawahito Y, et al. Expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) in human prostate cancer. Prostate. 2002;51:108-16 pubmed..Our results demonstrated that PPAR-gamma is induced in PC, and suggest that PPAR-gamma ligands may mediate its own potent antiproliferative effect against PC cells through differentiation. ..
- Ito Y, Takeda T, Sakon M, Tsujimoto M, Monden M, Matsuura N. Expression of p57/Kip2 protein in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncology. 2001;61:221-5 pubmed..0235), although p57 expression could not be recognized as an independent prognostic factor. These findings suggest that p57 contributes to the downregulation of cell proliferation and to the progression of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Hayashi K, Takahashi M, Nishida W, Yoshida K, Ohkawa Y, Kitabatake A, et al. Phenotypic modulation of vascular smooth muscle cells induced by unsaturated lysophosphatidic acids. Circ Res. 2001;89:251-8 pubmed..Thus, this report demonstrates the first finding that unsaturated LPAs, but not saturated LPAs, specifically induce VSMC phenotypic modulation, suggesting that these molecules could function as atherogenic factors. ..
- Martini E, Wittkopf N, GÃ¼nther C, Leppkes M, Okada H, Watson A, et al. Loss of Survivin in Intestinal Epithelial Progenitor Cells Leads to Mitotic Catastrophe and Breakdown of Gut Immune Homeostasis. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1062-1073 pubmed publisher..Consequently, induced deletion of Survivin in Lgr5(+) stem cells led to cell death. In summary, Survivin is a key regulator of gut tissue integrity by regulating epithelial homeostasis in the stem cell niche. ..
- Tatsuta M, Iishi H, Baba M, Taniguchi H. Effect of 6-hydroxydopamine on gastric carcinogenesis and tetragastrin inhibition of gastric carcinogenesis induced by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine in Wistar rats. Cancer Res. 1989;49:4199-203 pubmed..This effect of 6-OHDA may be related to its ability to inhibit cell proliferation of the antral mucosa. ..
- Ikeyama S, Koyama M, Yamaoko M, Sasada R, Miyake M. Suppression of cell motility and metastasis by transfection with human motility-related protein (MRP-1/CD9) DNA. J Exp Med. 1993;177:1231-7 pubmed..Effects on metastasis by the expression of MRP-1 CD9 were investigated with mouse melanoma BL6 cells-BALB/c nu/nu mouse system. Metastatic potential of all transformants expressing MRP-1/CD9 was lower than that of parent BL6 cells. ..
- Nakamura J, Aoyagi S, Nanchi I, Nakatsuka S, Hirata E, Shibata S, et al. Overexpression of eukaryotic elongation factor eEF2 in gastrointestinal cancers and its involvement in G2/M progression in the cell cycle. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:1181-9 pubmed
- Kakudo N, Minakata T, Mitsui T, Kushida S, Notodihardjo F, Kusumoto K. Proliferation-promoting effect of platelet-rich plasma on human adipose-derived stem cells and human dermal fibroblasts. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;122:1352-60 pubmed publisher..These results support clinical platelet-rich plasma application for cell-based, soft-tissue engineering and wound healing. ..
- Sonoda H, Nishida K, Yoshioka T, Ohtani M, Sugita K. Oxamflatin: a novel compound which reverses malignant phenotype to normal one via induction of JunD. Oncogene. 1996;13:143-9 pubmed..Thus, oxamflatin can be categorized as the first reagent which induces genes whose products can interfere with oncogene-dependent transformation. ..
- Hamamoto M, Tomita S, Nakatani T, Yutani C, Yamashiro S, Sueda T, et al. Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor directly enhances proliferation of human troponin I-positive cells derived from idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy through specific receptors. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2004;23:1430-7 pubmed..Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor directly enhanced the proliferation of TnI-positive cells derived from a recipient with IDCM through the G-CSFR. ..
- Kinoshita A, Wanibuchi H, Morimura K, Wei M, Shen J, Imaoka S, et al. Phenobarbital at low dose exerts hormesis in rat hepatocarcinogenesis by reducing oxidative DNA damage, altering cell proliferation, apoptosis and gene expression. Carcinogenesis. 2003;24:1389-99 pubmed..These results indicate that PB exhibits hormetic effect on rat hepatocarcinogenesis initiated with DEN by differentially altering cell proliferation, apoptosis and oxidative DNA damage at high and low doses. ..
- Zheng Y, Ikuno Y, Ohj M, Kusaka S, Jiang R, Cekic O, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor kinase inhibitor AG1295 and inhibition of experimental proliferative vitreoretinopathy. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2003;47:158-65 pubmed..PDGF receptor specific inhibitor AG1295 attenuated PVR without significant side effects in rabbits. This reagent could be a useful treatment to prevent PVR. ..
- Nakanishi H, Yoshioka K, Joyama S, Araki N, Myoui A, Ishiguro S, et al. Interleukin-6/soluble interleukin-6 receptor signaling attenuates proliferation and invasion, and induces morphological changes of a newly established pleomorphic malignant fibrous histiocytoma cell line. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:471-80 pubmed
- Shigemura N, Sawa Y, Mizuno S, Ono M, Ohta M, Nakamura T, et al. Amelioration of pulmonary emphysema by in vivo gene transfection with hepatocyte growth factor in rats. Circulation. 2005;111:1407-14 pubmed..In addition, induction of HGF expression by a gene-transfection method resulted in improved pulmonary function via inhibition of alveolar cell apoptosis, enhancement of alveolar regeneration, and promotion of angiogenesis. ..
- Sonoda H, Yamaguchi T, Watanabe S. Androgen-responsive expression and mitogenic activity of schwannoma-derived growth factor on an androgen-dependent Shionogi mouse mammary carcinoma cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;185:103-9 pubmed
- Mori M, Morishita H, Nakamura H, Matsuoka H, Yoshida K, Kishima Y, et al. Hepatoma-derived growth factor is involved in lung remodeling by stimulating epithelial growth. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004;30:459-69 pubmed..These findings suggest that HDGF may be involved in lung remodeling after injury by promoting the proliferation of lung epithelial cells, probably in an autocrine manner. ..
- Takahashi I, Kosaka H, Oritani K, Heath W, Ishikawa J, Okajima Y, et al. A new IFN-like cytokine, limitin, modulates the immune response without influencing thymocyte development. J Immunol. 2001;167:3156-63 pubmed
- Kinoshita A, Wanibuchi H, Imaoka S, Ogawa M, Masuda C, Morimura K, et al. Formation of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine and cell-cycle arrest in the rat liver via generation of oxidative stress by phenobarbital: association with expression profiles of p21(WAF1/Cip1), cyclin D1 and Ogg1. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:341-9 pubmed
- Kitada T, Seki S, Sakaguchi H, Sawada T, Hirakawa K, Wakasa K. Clinicopathological significance of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha expression in human pancreatic carcinoma. Histopathology. 2003;43:550-5 pubmed..The aim of this study was to investigate the clinicopathological significance of HIF-1alpha expression in pancreatic carcinoma...
- Nakanishi T, Kohroki J, Suzuki S, Ishizaki J, Hiromori Y, Takasuga S, et al. Trialkyltin compounds enhance human CG secretion and aromatase activity in human placental choriocarcinoma cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:2830-7 pubmed
- Kawamura M, Izawa K, Hosono N, Hirano H. Solitary fibrous tumor of the spinal cord: case report and review of the literature. Neurosurgery. 2004;55:433 pubmed
- Nakamura T, Nakamura Kubo M, Hirata A, Shimoda C. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe spo3+ gene is required for assembly of the forespore membrane and genetically interacts with psy1(+)-encoding syntaxin-like protein. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3955-72 pubmed..These results suggest that Spo3 is a key component of the forespore membrane and is essential for its assembly acting in collaboration with the syntaxin-like protein. ..
- Matsuura N, Miyamae Y, Yamane K, Nagao Y, Hamada Y, Kawaguchi N, et al. Aged garlic extract inhibits angiogenesis and proliferation of colorectal carcinoma cells. J Nutr. 2006;136:842S-846S pubmed publisher..AGE would be a good chemopreventive agent for colorectal cancer because of its antiproliferative action on colorectal carcinoma cells and inhibitory activity on angiogenesis. ..
- Kanoh J. Release of chromosomes from the nuclear envelope: a universal mechanism for eukaryotic mitosis?. Nucleus. 2013;4:100-4 pubmed publisher..These findings imply a common mechanism for genome stability via the dissociation of chromosomes from the NE in eukaryotic mitosis. ..
- Mitsui K, Ochi F, Nakamura N, Doi Y, Inoue H, Kanazawa H. A novel membrane protein capable of binding the Na+/H+ antiporter (Nha1p) enhances the salinity-resistant cell growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12438-47 pubmed..These observations suggest that Cos3p is a novel membrane protein that can enhance salinity-resistant cell growth by interacting with the C1+C2 domain of Nha1p and thereby possibly activating the antiporter activity of this protein. ..
- Imanishi Y, Maeda N, Otogawa K, Seki S, Matsui H, Kawada N, et al. Herb medicine Inchin-ko-to (TJ-135) regulates PDGF-BB-dependent signaling pathways of hepatic stellate cells in primary culture and attenuates development of liver fibrosis induced by thioacetamide administration in rats. J Hepatol. 2004;41:242-50 pubmed..We studied the effect of Inchin-ko-to (TJ-135), a herb medicine that has been clinically used for liver cirrhosis in Japan, on liver fibrosis in a rat model and on the function of stellate cells...
- Takai S, Miyazaki M. Effect of chymase inhibitor on vascular proliferation. Jpn J Pharmacol. 2002;90:223-7 pubmed..Chymase plays an important role in the development of vascular proliferation via the induction of local angiotensin II formation in injured vessels. ..
- Enomoto H, Yoshida K, Kishima Y, Kinoshita T, Yamamoto M, Everett A, et al. Hepatoma-derived growth factor is highly expressed in developing liver and promotes fetal hepatocyte proliferation. Hepatology. 2002;36:1519-27 pubmed..In conclusion, HDGF helps regulate the hepatocyte proliferation in liver development. ..
- Nakano T, Higashino K, Kikuchi N, Kishino J, Nomura K, Fujita H, et al. Vascular smooth muscle cell-derived, Gla-containing growth-potentiating factor for Ca(2+)-mobilizing growth factors. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5702-5 pubmed..The presence of a specific binding site suggests that the effect of GPF is mediated by a receptor. Thus, GPF may be a new type of extracellular factor regulating VSMC proliferation. ..
- Yoshida K, Morita T. Control of radiosensitivity of F9 mouse teratocarcinoma cells by regulation of histone H2AX gene expression using a tetracycline turn-off system. Cancer Res. 2004;64:4131-6 pubmed..Thus, H2AX might be a potential molecular target for sensitizing cancer cells to radiotherapy to minimize required irradiation doses...
- Taniguchi Y, Amazaki M, Furuyama T, Yamaguchi W, Takahara M, Saino O, et al. Sema4D deficiency results in an increase in the number of oligodendrocytes in healthy and injured mouse brains. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2833-41 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Sema4D is involved in oligodendrogenesis during development and during recovery from ischemic injury. ..
- Fukushima K, Tanaka Y, Nabeshima K, Yoneki T, Tougan T, Tanaka S, et al. Dmc1 of Schizosaccharomyces pombe plays a role in meiotic recombination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:2709-16 pubmed..These observations, together with a high level of sequence identity, indicate that the dmc1(+) gene of S. POMBE: is a structural homolog of budding yeast DMC1, sharing both similar and distinct functions in meiosis. ..
- Nakamura T, Asakawa H, Nakase Y, Kashiwazaki J, Hiraoka Y, Shimoda C. Live observation of forespore membrane formation in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3544-53 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that FSM expansion is composed of two steps, early meiotic FSM expansion and late and post meiotic FSM expansion. Possible regulatory mechanisms of FSM formation in fission yeast are discussed. ..
- Hazenbos W, Murakami Y, Nishimura J, Takeda J, Kinoshita T. Enhanced responses of glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchor-deficient T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2004;173:3810-5 pubmed..These results indicate that coligation with GPI-anchored proteins counteracts the response to TCR stimulation by ConA or alloantigen but not protein Ag. ..
- Izumi Y, Kim S, Yoshiyama M, Izumiya Y, Yoshida K, Matsuzawa A, et al. Activation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 in injured artery and its critical role in neointimal hyperplasia. Circulation. 2003;108:2812-8 pubmed..ASK1 activation plays the key role in vascular intimal hyperplasia. ASK1 may provide the basis for the development of new therapeutic strategy for vascular diseases. ..
- Ara T, Itoi M, Kawabata K, Egawa T, Tokoyoda K, Sugiyama T, et al. A role of CXC chemokine ligand 12/stromal cell-derived factor-1/pre-B cell growth stimulating factor and its receptor CXCR4 in fetal and adult T cell development in vivo. J Immunol. 2003;170:4649-55 pubmed
- Higaki I, Matsui Yuasa I, Hirohashi K, Kinoshita H, Otani S. The role of polyamines in growth factor induced DNA synthesis in cultured rat hepatocytes. Hepatogastroenterology. 1999;46:1874-9 pubmed..The inhibition was reversed by exogenous spermidine or spermine, but not by putrescine. Increased spermidine or spermine levels are essential for hepatocyte proliferation in cultured rat hepatocytes. ..
- Hori A, Honda S, Asada M, Ohtaki T, Oda K, Watanabe T, et al. Metastin suppresses the motility and growth of CHO cells transfected with its receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:958-63 pubmed
- Takamatsu H, Kodama T, Nakayama T, Watabe K. Characterization of the yrbA gene of Bacillus subtilis, involved in resistance and germination of spores. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:4986-94 pubmed..These results suggest that YrbA is involved in assembly of some coat proteins which have roles in both spore lysozyme resistance and germination. ..
- Kimura T, Suzuki A, Fujita Y, Yomogida K, Lomeli H, Asada N, et al. Conditional loss of PTEN leads to testicular teratoma and enhances embryonic germ cell production. Development. 2003;130:1691-700 pubmed..PTEN appears to be essential for germ cell differentiation and an important factor in testicular germ cell tumor formation. ..
- Kusama T, Mukai M, Tatsuta M, Matsumoto Y, Nakamura H, Inoue M. Selective inhibition of cancer cell invasion by a geranylgeranyltransferase-I inhibitor. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2003;20:561-7 pubmed
- Itoh T, Tanioka M, Yoshida H, Yoshioka T, Nishimoto H, Itohara S. Reduced angiogenesis and tumor progression in gelatinase A-deficient mice. Cancer Res. 1998;58:1048-51 pubmed..014 and P < 0.0015, respectively). These results indicated that host-derived gelatinase A plays an important role in angiogenesis and tumor progression, suggesting the usefulness of gelatinase A inhibitors for anticancer chemotherapy. ..
- Tamura D, Arao T, Tanaka K, Kaneda H, Matsumoto K, Kudo K, et al. Bortezomib potentially inhibits cellular growth of vascular endothelial cells through suppression of G2/M transition. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1403-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a cell cycle-related mode of action and strongly suggest that bortezomib exerts an additional unique vascular disrupting effect as a vascular targeting drug. ..
- Nakase Y, Hirata A, Shimoda C, Nakamura T. Ectopic overproduction of a sporulation-specific transcription factor induces assembly of prespore-like membranous compartments in vegetative cells of fission yeast. Genetics. 2009;183:1195-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest why expression of development-specific transcription factors must be strictly controlled. ..
- Shoji T, Koyama H, Morioka T, Tanaka S, Kizu A, Motoyama K, et al. Receptor for advanced glycation end products is involved in impaired angiogenic response in diabetes. Diabetes. 2006;55:2245-55 pubmed..Thus, RAGE appears to be involved in impairment of angiogenesis in diabetes, and blockade of RAGE might be a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Naruo K, Seko C, Kuroshima K, Matsutani E, Sasada R, Kondo T, et al. Novel secretory heparin-binding factors from human glioma cells (glia-activating factors) involved in glial cell growth. Purification and biological properties. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:2857-64 pubmed..GAFs also stimulated the cell growth of oligodendrocyte type 2 astrocyte progenitor cells, BALB/c3T3 fibroblasts, and PC-12 cells but not that of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. ..
- Tahashi Y, Matsuzaki K, Date M, Yoshida K, Furukawa F, Sugano Y, et al. Differential regulation of TGF-beta signal in hepatic stellate cells between acute and chronic rat liver injury. Hepatology. 2002;35:49-61 pubmed..This constitutive phosphorylation of Smad 2 by endogenous TGF-beta under a low level of Smad 7 could be involved in the progression of liver fibrosis. ..
- Okada K, Ueshima S, Kawao N, Okamoto C, Matsuo K, Akao M, et al. Binding of plasminogen to hepatocytes isolated from injured mouse liver and nonparenchymal-cell-dependent proliferation of hepatocytes. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2008;19:503-11 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the plasminogen-plasmin system on the surface of mouse hepatocytes plays an important role in liver regeneration...
- Shinosaki T, Kobayashi T, Kimura K, Kurihara H. Involvement of dipeptidyl peptidase IV in immune complex-mediated glomerulonephritis. Lab Invest. 2002;82:505-13 pubmed..These results indicate that DPPIV may play a somewhat crucial role in regulating the complement cascade and that inhibition of DPPIV may serve as a new target for preventing complement-dependent tissue injury. ..
- Mukaide H, Adachi Y, Taketani S, Iwasaki M, Koike Kiriyama N, Shigematsu A, et al. FKBP51 expressed by both normal epithelial cells and adenocarcinoma of colon suppresses proliferation of colorectal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Invest. 2008;26:385-90 pubmed publisher..We also show that FKBP51 suppresses the proliferation of colorectal adenocarcinoma, possibly due to the suppression of functions of the glucocorticoid receptors. ..
- Sugimoto N, Nakahira M, Ahn H, Micallef M, Hamaoka T, Kurimoto M, et al. Differential requirements for JAK2 and TYK2 in T cell proliferation and IFN-gamma production induced by IL-12 alone or together with IL-18. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:243-51 pubmed
- Arimura T, Kojima Yuasa A, Kennedy D, Matsui Yuasa I. Reactive oxygen species-independent G1 arrest induced by evening primrose extract in Ehrlich ascites tumor cells. Cancer Lett. 2004;207:19-25 pubmed..The present study suggests that intracellular peroxides, which trigger off induction of apoptosis, are not the trigger of EPE-induced G1 arrest in cell cycle...
- Inoue H, Noumi T, Nagata M, Murakami H, Kanazawa H. Targeted disruption of the gene encoding the proteolipid subunit of mouse vacuolar H(+)-ATPase leads to early embryonic lethality. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1413:130-8 pubmed..PL16(+/-) mice were indistinguishable from their wild-type littermates and displayed no discernible abnormalities, although the PL16 mRNA level in PL16(+/-) mice decreased to about one-half of wild-type levels. ..
- Tsuchiya T, Fukuda S, Hamada H, Nakamura A, Kohama Y, Ishikawa H, et al. Role of gamma delta T cells in the inflammatory response of experimental colitis mice. J Immunol. 2003;171:5507-13 pubmed
- Ikemoto S, Narita K, Yoshida N, Wada S, Kishimoto T, Sugimura K, et al. Effects of tumor necrosis factor alpha in renal cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2003;10:1947-55 pubmed..As for the 10 short-term established RCC cell lines, DNA synthesis and IL-6 production were induced with the addition of TNFalpha. These results suggested that TNFalpha induced cell proliferation in RCC. ..
- Kouno M, Kondoh G, Horie K, Komazawa N, Ishii N, Takahashi Y, et al. Ahnak/Desmoyokin is dispensable for proliferation, differentiation, and maintenance of integrity in mouse epidermis. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:700-7 pubmed..These results lead us to conclude that Ahnak/Desmoyokin deficiency has only a minimal effect on epidermal cell adhesion, tumorigenesis, cell proliferation and differentiation, and overall mouse development. ..
- Yutani M, Ogita A, Fujita K, Usuki Y, Tanaka T. Evaluation of uridine 5'-eicosylphosphate as a stimulant of cyclic AMP-dependent cellular function. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2011;30:106-9 pubmed publisher..We suppose the inhibitory effect of UMPC20 could indeed reflect the elevation of the cellular cAMP level. ..
- Hara T, Miyazaki J, Araki H, Yamaoka M, Kanzaki N, Kusaka M, et al. Novel mutations of androgen receptor: a possible mechanism of bicalutamide withdrawal syndrome. Cancer Res. 2003;63:149-53 pubmed..Our data strongly support the hypothesis that AR mutation is one possible mechanism of the AWS and suggest that flutamide might be effective as a second-line therapy for refractory PC previously treated with bicalutamide. ..
- Nakano T, Kawamoto K, Kishino J, Nomura K, Higashino K, Arita H. Requirement of gamma-carboxyglutamic acid residues for the biological activity of Gas6: contribution of endogenous Gas6 to the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochem J. 1997;323 ( Pt 2):387-92 pubmed..it inhibited thrombin-induced VSMC proliferation but not that induced by epidermal growth factor. These results indicate that endogenously produced Gas6 is very important for VSMC proliferation induced by Ca2+-mobilizing growth factors. ..
- Yoneda O, Imai T, Nishimura M, Miyaji M, Mimori T, Okazaki T, et al. Membrane-bound form of fractalkine induces IFN-gamma production by NK cells. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:53-8 pubmed
- Maeda N, Kawada N, Seki S, Arakawa T, Ikeda K, Iwao H, et al. Stimulation of proliferation of rat hepatic stellate cells by galectin-1 and galectin-3 through different intracellular signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18938-44 pubmed..Thus, it appears that galectin-1 and galectin-3, generated by activated HSCs, could participate in beta-galactoside binding and induce different intracellular signaling pathways leading to the proliferation of HSCs. ..
- Hiraoka A, Sugimura A, Seki T, Nagasawa T, Ohta N, Shimonishi M, et al. Cloning, expression, and characterization of a cDNA encoding a novel human growth factor for primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:7577-82 pubmed..SCGF could disclose some human-specific mechanisms as yet unidentified from studies on the murine hematopoietic system. ..
- Yoshimura R, Matsuyama M, Tsuchida K, Kawahito Y, Sano H, Nakatani T. Expression of lipoxygenase in human bladder carcinoma and growth inhibition by its inhibitors. J Urol. 2003;170:1994-9 pubmed..Results suggest that lipoxygenase inhibitors may mediate potent antiproliferative effects against bladder cancer cells. Thus, lipoxygenase may become a new target in the treatment of bladder tumors. ..
- Nakamura T, Kishida M, Shimoda C. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe spo6+ gene encoding a nuclear protein with sequence similarity to budding yeast Dbf4 is required for meiotic second division and sporulation. Genes Cells. 2000;5:463-79 pubmed..These results indicate that Spo6p is a novel Dbf4-related nuclear protein, which is expressed during meiosis and is indispensable for normal progression of meiosis-II and sporulation. ..
- Takezawa K, Okamoto I, Tsukioka S, Uchida J, Kiniwa M, Fukuoka M, et al. Identification of thymidylate synthase as a potential therapeutic target for lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:354-61 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insight into the biological relevance of TS as well as a basis for clinical development of TS-targeted therapy for lung cancer. ..
- Hiraoka A, Yano Ki K, Kagami N, Takeshige K, Mio H, Anazawa H, et al. Stem cell growth factor: in situ hybridization analysis on the gene expression, molecular characterization and in vitro proliferative activity of a recombinant preparation on primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells. Hematol J. 2001;2:307-15 pubmed..SCGF is selectively produced by osseous and hematopoietic stromal cells, and can mediate their proliferative activity on primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells. ..
- Yokota T, Oritani K, Takahashi I, Ishikawa J, Matsuyama A, Ouchi N, et al. Adiponectin, a new member of the family of soluble defense collagens, negatively regulates the growth of myelomonocytic progenitors and the functions of macrophages. Blood. 2000;96:1723-32 pubmed..Blood. 2000;96:1723-1732) ..
- Arita H, Hanasaki K, Nakano T, Oka S, Teraoka H, Matsumoto K. Novel proliferative effect of phospholipase A2 in Swiss 3T3 cells via specific binding site. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:19139-41 pubmed..Although the physiological significance remains to be identified, our finding is the first to offer a new viewpoint on the effect of mammalian extracellular PLA2 on cellular function. ..
- Watanabe T, Shintani A, Nakata M, Shing Y, Folkman J, Igarashi K, et al. Recombinant human betacellulin. Molecular structure, biological activities, and receptor interaction. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9966-73 pubmed..7 x 10(3) BTC binding sites/cell, and the binding was readily quenched by EGF. These results suggest that the primary receptor for BTC is EGFR. ..
- Nakazawa K, Yashiro M, Hirakawa K. Keratinocyte growth factor produced by gastric fibroblasts specifically stimulates proliferation of cancer cells from scirrhous gastric carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2003;63:8848-52 pubmed..Thus, gastric fibroblasts secretion of KGF is likely to underline the remarkable proliferation of scirrhous gastric cancer cells in a paracrine manner...
- Okada K, Ueshima S, Imano M, Kataoka K, Matsuo O. The regulation of liver regeneration by the plasmin/alpha 2-antiplasmin system. J Hepatol. 2004;40:110-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the plasmin/alpha(2)-AP system played an important role in hepatic repair via clearance from the injury area. ..
- Nagatsuka I, Yamada N, Shimizu S, Ohira M, Nishino H, Seki S, et al. Inhibitory effect of a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor on liver metastasis of colon cancer. Int J Cancer. 2002;100:515-9 pubmed..These data indicate that the COX-2 inhibitor JTE-522 has a high potential for use as a clinical agent for the treatment of liver metastasis of colon cancer. ..
- Oshima Y, Shukunami C, Honda J, Nishida K, Tashiro F, Miyazaki J, et al. Expression and localization of tenomodulin, a transmembrane type chondromodulin-I-related angiogenesis inhibitor, in mouse eyes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:1814-23 pubmed..These results indicate a potential role for TeM in prevention of vascular invasion in the mouse eye and the possibility of both TeM and ChM-I as candidates for use in gene therapy approaches to treatment of ocular angiogenesis. ..
- Matsuyama M, Yoshimura R, Mitsuhashi M, Hase T, Tsuchida K, Takemoto Y, et al. Expression of lipoxygenase in human prostate cancer and growth reduction by its inhibitors. Int J Oncol. 2004;24:821-7 pubmed..LOX is induced in prostate cancer, and our results suggest that LOX inhibitors may mediate potent antiproliferative effects against prostate cancer cells. Thus, LOX may become a new target in treatment of prostate cancer. ..
- Shimada K, Ito T, Tanemura M, Komoda H, Fumimoto Y, Kawamoto K, et al. Development of beta-cells in the native pancreas after pancreas allo-transplantation in the Spontaneously Diabetic Torii rat. J Surg Res. 2008;145:229-37 pubmed
- Hayakawa T, Fujiwara Y, Hamaguchi M, Sugawa T, Okuyama M, Sasaki E, et al. Roles of cyclooxygenase 2 and microsomal prostaglandin E synthase 1 in rat acid reflux oesophagitis. Gut. 2006;55:450-6 pubmed..PGE2 derived from COX-2 and mPGES-1 plays a significant role in the pathogenesis of chronic acid reflux oesophagitis, and possibly in basal hyperplasia and persistent inflammatory cell infiltration. ..
- Yoshimura R, Matsuyama M, Mitsuhashi M, Takemoto Y, Tsuchida K, Kawahito Y, et al. Relationship between lipoxygenase and human testicular cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2004;13:389-93 pubmed..The LOX inhibitors inhibited the growth of TC cells. LOX is induced in TC, and results may suggest that LOXs are essential for cell growth of TC cells. ..