Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle proteins in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: cell cycle proteins
Publications294 found, 100 shown here
- Kato T, Sato N, Hayama S, Yamabuki T, Ito T, Miyamoto M, et al. Activation of Holliday junction recognizing protein involved in the chromosomal stability and immortality of cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2007;67:8544-53 pubmed..We suggest that HJURP is an indispensable factor for chromosomal stability in immortalized cancer cells and is a potential novel therapeutic target for the development of anticancer drugs. ..
- Ohata H, Fujiwara Y, Koyama K, Nakamura Y. Mapping of the human autoantigen pericentriolar material 1 (PCM1) gene to chromosome 8p21.3-p22. Genomics. 1994;24:404-6 pubmed
- Hirai Y, Kawamata Y, Takeshima N, Furuta R, Kitagawa T, Kawaguchi T, et al. Conventional and array-based comparative genomic hybridization analyses of novel cell lines harboring HPV18 from glassy cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix. Int J Oncol. 2004;24:977-86 pubmed..This study suggests for the first time that together with the presence of HPV type 18, alterations at the above sites are closely associated with oncogenesis of glassy cell carcinoma, a special type of carcinoma in the uterine cervix. ..
- Kim Kaneyama J, Suzuki W, Ichikawa K, Ohki T, Kohno Y, Sata M, et al. Uni-axial stretching regulates intracellular localization of Hic-5 expressed in smooth-muscle cells in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:937-49 pubmed..These results suggested that Hic-5 was a mediator of tensional force, translocating directly from focal adhesions to actin stress fibers upon mechanical stress and regulating the contractile capability of cells in the stress fibers. ..
- Hayama S, Daigo Y, Yamabuki T, Hirata D, Kato T, Miyamoto M, et al. Phosphorylation and activation of cell division cycle associated 8 by aurora kinase B plays a significant role in human lung carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2007;67:4113-22 pubmed..Our data imply that selective suppression of the CDCA8-AURKB pathway could be a promising therapeutic strategy for treatment of lung cancer patients. ..
- Inamura K, Takeuchi K, Togashi Y, Nomura K, Ninomiya H, Okui M, et al. EML4-ALK fusion is linked to histological characteristics in a subset of lung cancers. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:13-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we could detect the fusion protein by immunohistochemistry, pointing to possible clinical applications. ..
- Shi Z, Hayashi Y, Mitsuhashi S, Goto K, Kaneda D, Choi Y, et al. Characterization of the Asian myopathy patients with VCP mutations. Eur J Neurol. 2012;19:501-9 pubmed publisher..A wide variety of central and peripheral nervous system symptoms coupled with rare bone abnormalities may complicate diagnosis. ..
- Takahashi A, Kikuguchi C, Morita M, Shimodaira T, Tokai Nishizumi N, Yokoyama K, et al. Involvement of CNOT3 in mitotic progression through inhibition of MAD1 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;419:268-73 pubmed publisher..Basing on these observations, we propose that CNOT3 is involved in the regulation of the spindle assembly checkpoint through its ability to regulate the stability of MAD1 mRNA. ..
- Horie S, Suzuki Y, Kobayashi M, Kadonosono T, Kondoh S, Kodama T, et al. Distinctive role of vasohibin-1A and its splicing variant vasohibin-1B in tumor angiogenesis. Cancer Gene Ther. 2016;23:133-41 pubmed publisher..Our present findings on VASH1A and VASH1B should provide an innovative approach that would improve the efficacy of antiangiogenic cancer therapy by balancing vascular normalization and pruning. ..
- Matsumoto S, Ogino K, Noguchi E, Russell P, Masai H. Hsk1-Dfp1/Him1, the Cdc7-Dbf4 kinase in Schizosaccharomyces pombe, associates with Swi1, a component of the replication fork protection complex. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42536-42 pubmed..These data suggest that Hsk1-Dfp1/Him1 and Swi1-Swi3 complexes have interrelated roles in stabilization of arrested replication forks. ..
- Ikeshima Kataoka H, Skeath J, Nabeshima Y, Doe C, Matsuzaki F. Miranda directs Prospero to a daughter cell during Drosophila asymmetric divisions. Nature. 1997;390:625-9 pubmed..miranda thus creates intrinsic differences between sibling cells by mediating the asymmetric segregation of a transcription factor into only one daughter cell during neural stem-cell division. ..
- Masai H, Matsui E, You Z, Ishimi Y, Tamai K, Arai K. Human Cdc7-related kinase complex. In vitro phosphorylation of MCM by concerted actions of Cdks and Cdc7 and that of a criticial threonine residue of Cdc7 bY Cdks. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:29042-52 pubmed..In vitro, Cdk2-Cyclin E, Cdk2-Cyclin A, and Cdc2-Cyclin B, but not Cdk4-Cyclin D1, phosphorylates the Thr-376 residue of huCdc7, suggesting possible regulation of huCdc7 by Cdks. ..
- Hayashi T, Saigo K. Diversification of cell types in the Drosophila eye by differential expression of prepattern genes. Mech Dev. 2001;108:13-27 pubmed
- Tsuchida R, Miyauchi J, Shen L, Takagi M, Tsunematsu Y, Saeki M, et al. Expression of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27/Kip1 and AP-1 coactivator p38/Jab1 correlates with differentiation of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2002;93:1000-6 pubmed..These findings suggest that JAB1 may play an important role in determining the differentiation stage of rhabdomyosarcoma cells by modulating the activity of CDK inhibitor p27...
- Sakai T. Cdk inhibitor ste9p/srw1p is involved in response to protein synthesis inhibition in fission yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;315:984-90 pubmed..It is suggested that cell cycle be positively controlled in an ste9-dependent manner before essential factors for viability and other important functions are exhausted when protein synthesis is inhibited. ..
- Kato H, Tamamizu Kato S, Shibasaki F. Histone deacetylase 7 associates with hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha and increases transcriptional activity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41966-74 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that HDAC7 is a novel transcriptional activator of HIF-1alpha ..
- Goto A, Niki T, Moriyama S, Funata N, Moriyama H, Nishimura Y, et al. Immunohistochemical study of Skp2 and Jab1, two key molecules in the degradation of P27, in lung adenocarcinoma. Pathol Int. 2004;54:675-81 pubmed..Thus, Skp2 and Jab1 regulate P27 degradation, and might contribute to the development and progression of lung AD through P27-mediated and -unmediated mechanisms. ..
- Watanabe Y. Sister chromatid cohesion along arms and at centromeres. Trends Genet. 2005;21:405-12 pubmed..Recent studies have illuminated the underlying molecular mechanisms that strengthen and protect centromeric cohesion in mitosis and meiosis, and the central role of a conserved protein, shugoshin. ..
- Ogino K, Hirota K, Matsumoto S, Takeda T, Ohta K, Arai K, et al. Hsk1 kinase is required for induction of meiotic dsDNA breaks without involving checkpoint kinases in fission yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:8131-6 pubmed..These results indicate unique and essential roles of Hsk1 kinase in the initiation of meiotic recombination and meiosis. ..
- Nishimura J, Dewa Y, Muguruma M, Kuroiwa Y, Yasuno H, Shima T, et al. Effect of fenofibrate on oxidative DNA damage and on gene expression related to cell proliferation and apoptosis in rats. Toxicol Sci. 2007;97:44-54 pubmed..This suggests that cell proliferation induction, apoptosis suppression, and DNA damage due to oxidative stresses are probably involved in the mechanism of hepatocarcinogenesis due to FF in rats. ..
- Ando J, Sugimoto K, Tamayose K, Sasaki M, Ando M, Oshimi K. Changes in cell morphology and cytoskeletal organization are induced by human mitotic checkpoint gene, Bub1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;365:691-7 pubmed..These observations suggest that Bub1 not only regulates the cell cycle, but also may be involved in the cytoskeletal control in interphase cells. ..
- Sudo H, Maru Y. LAPSER1/LZTS2: a pluripotent tumor suppressor linked to the inhibition of katanin-mediated microtubule severing. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2524-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that microtubule severing at centrosomes is a novel tumor-associated molecular subcircuit in cells, in which LAPSER1 is a regulator. ..
- Miyaki M, Yamaguchi T, Iijima T, Takahashi K, Matsumoto H, Mori T. Somatic mutations of the CDC4 (FBXW7) gene in hereditary colorectal tumors. Oncology. 2009;76:430-4 pubmed publisher..Moreover, infrequent LOH suggests that the CDC4 gene does not follow the general 2-hit model. ..
- Sato Y, Yoshikawa A, Mimura H, Yamashita M, Yamagata A, Fukai S. Structural basis for specific recognition of Lys 63-linked polyubiquitin chains by tandem UIMs of RAP80. EMBO J. 2009;28:2461-8 pubmed publisher..Further, we show that the Epsin1 tandem UIM, which has an inter-UIM region similar to that of RAP80-UIM1-UIM2, also selectively binds Lys 63-linked di-ubiquitin. ..
- Uemura N, Nakanishi Y, Kato H, Nagino M, Hirohashi S, Kondo T. Antibody-based proteomics for esophageal cancer: Identification of proteins in the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway and mitotic checkpoint. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1612-22 pubmed publisher..The association of these proteins with esophageal cancer may indicate that mitotic checkpoint gene products and NF-kappaB play an important part in the carcinogenesis of esophageal cancer. ..
- Ishizawa J, Kuninaka S, Sugihara E, Naoe H, Kobayashi Y, Chiyoda T, et al. The cell cycle regulator Cdh1 controls the pool sizes of hematopoietic stem cells and mature lineage progenitors by protecting from genotoxic stress. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:967-74 pubmed publisher..This is the first report revealing Cdh1 function in adult hematopoiesis and showing a role of Cdh1 in a G2/M checkpoint regulation in vivo. ..
- Egashira A, Kano K, Naito K. Preimplantation-embryo-specific cell-cycle regulation is attributable to a low expression of retinoblastoma protein rather than its phosphorylation. J Reprod Dev. 2011;57:492-9 pubmed..Moreover, the present study indicates the similarity between preimplantation embryos and cancer cells, which p16(INK4a) expression does not arrest at the G1 phase. ..
- Aoshiba K, Zhou F, Tsuji T, Nagai A. DNA damage as a molecular link in the pathogenesis of COPD in smokers. Eur Respir J. 2012;39:1368-76 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DSBs, at least in part caused by oxidative stress, appear to contribute to the pathogenesis of COPD by inducing apoptosis, cell senescence and pro-inflammatory responses. ..
- Shindo N, Kumada K, Hirota T. Separase sensor reveals dual roles for separase coordinating cohesin cleavage and cdk1 inhibition. Dev Cell. 2012;23:112-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, by consecutively acting as a protease and a cdk1 inhibitor, separase coordinates two key processes to achieve simultaneous and abrupt separation of sister chromatids. ..
- Fujii Nakata T, Ishimi Y, Okuda A, Kikuchi A. Functional analysis of nucleosome assembly protein, NAP-1. The negatively charged COOH-terminal region is not necessary for the intrinsic assembly activity. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:20980-6 pubmed..This minimal size fragment could form the 12 S NAP-1-histone complex as the whole protein could, whereas deleted fragments on either side could bind with core histones only to form aggregates. ..
- Kukimoto I, Aihara S, Yoshiike K, Kanda T. Human papillomavirus oncoprotein E6 binds to the C-terminal region of human minichromosome maintenance 7 protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;249:258-62 pubmed..Binding of E6 with hMCM7 may cause chromosomal abnormalities found in the human cells expressing E6s of oncogenic HPVs. ..
- Iida K, Yahara I. Cooperation of two actin-binding proteins, cofilin and Aip1, in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 1999;4:21-32 pubmed..Thick and long fibres stained with anti-cofilin antibody were detected in Deltascf1/aip1 cells, but not in SCF1/AIP1 cells. These results suggest the cooperative modulation of the actin cytoskeleton by cofilin and Aip1. ..
- Motegi F, Nakano K, Mabuchi I. Molecular mechanism of myosin-II assembly at the division site in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 10):1813-25 pubmed..The Myo2dIQs could assemble into a normal-shaped ring in these cells. Therefore, its assembly at the division site does not require the function of either Cdc4 or Myo3. ..
- Ohki R, Nemoto J, Murasawa H, Oda E, Inazawa J, Tanaka N, et al. Reprimo, a new candidate mediator of the p53-mediated cell cycle arrest at the G2 phase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:22627-30 pubmed..cyclin B1 regulation pathway. Thus, Reprimo may be a new member involved in the regulation of p53-dependent G(2) arrest of the cell cycle. ..
- Fujii Yamamoto H, Kim J, Arai K, Masai H. Cell cycle and developmental regulations of replication factors in mouse embryonic stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12976-87 pubmed..Furthermore, they are rapidly down-regulated upon induction of differentiation of ES cells. The significance of these findings is discussed in relation to the unusual proliferative properties of ES cells in an undifferentiated state. ..
- Woo G, Bak E, Nakayama H, Doi K. Molecular mechanisms of hydroxyurea(HU)-induced apoptosis in the mouse fetal brain. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2006;28:125-34 pubmed..HU-induced apoptosis is considered to be mediated by p53 in the fetal brain. ..
- Saigusa K, Imoto I, Tanikawa C, Aoyagi M, Ohno K, Nakamura Y, et al. RGC32, a novel p53-inducible gene, is located on centrosomes during mitosis and results in G2/M arrest. Oncogene. 2007;26:1110-21 pubmed..Our results provide the first evidence that RGC32 might be a possible tumor-suppressor for glioma, that it is directly induced by p53, and that it mediates the arrest of mitotic progression. ..
- Sakuno T, Watanabe Y. Studies of meiosis disclose distinct roles of cohesion in the core centromere and pericentromeric regions. Chromosome Res. 2009;17:239-49 pubmed publisher..We propose that cohesion at the core centromere and pericentromeric regions plays distinct roles, especially in defining the orientation of kinetochores...
- Imai H, Sugimoto K, Isobe Y, Sasaki M, Yasuda H, Takeuchi K, et al. Absence of tumor-specific over-expression of Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) in major non-Hodgkin lymphoma and relatively low expression of Plk1 in nasal NK/T cell lymphoma. Int J Hematol. 2009;89:673-8 pubmed publisher..The 4-year overall survival rates by Kaplan-Meier analysis for Plk1-negative and positive patients were 80 and 38%, respectively (p = 0.02). ..
- Nishimura T, Shimaoka T, Kano K, Naito K. Insufficient amount of Cdc2 and continuous activation of Wee1 B are the cause of meiotic failure in porcine growing oocytes. J Reprod Dev. 2009;55:553-7 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that an insufficient amount of Cdc2 and continuous activation of Wee1 B are the cause of meiotic failure of small oocytes in pigs. ..
- Kagawa W, Kurumizaka H. From meiosis to postmeiotic events: uncovering the molecular roles of the meiosis-specific recombinase Dmc1. FEBS J. 2010;277:590-8 pubmed publisher..Recent structural, biochemical, and genetic findings are now revealing the molecular mechanisms of Dmc1-mediated homologous recombination and its regulation by various recombination mediators. ..
- Yuasa S, Onizuka T, Shimoji K, Ohno Y, Kageyama T, Yoon S, et al. Zac1 is an essential transcription factor for cardiac morphogenesis. Circ Res. 2010;106:1083-91 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a potential mechanistic link between Zac1 in cardiogenesis and congenital heart disease manifestations associated with genetic or epigenetic defects in an imprinted gene network. ..
- Ishiguro T, Tanaka K, Sakuno T, Watanabe Y. Shugoshin-PP2A counteracts casein-kinase-1-dependent cleavage of Rec8 by separase. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:500-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies prove the key notion that the balance between Rec8 phosphorylation and its dephosphorylation by Sgo1-PP2A regulates the step-wise loss of chromosomal cohesion in meiosis...
- Chibazakura T, Kamachi K, Ohara M, Tane S, Yoshikawa H, Roberts J. Cyclin A promotes S-phase entry via interaction with the replication licensing factor Mcm7. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:248-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that interaction with Mcm7 is essential for the function of cyclin A in promoting S-phase entry. ..
- Kinoshita T, Nagamatsu G, Kosaka T, Takubo K, Hotta A, Ellis J, et al. Ataxia-telangiectasia mutated (ATM) deficiency decreases reprogramming efficiency and leads to genomic instability in iPS cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;407:321-6 pubmed publisher..Even with the abnormal karyotype, ATM-KO iPS cells retained pluripotent cell characteristics for at least 20 passages. These data indicate that ATM does participate in the reprogramming process, although its role is not essential. ..
- Miura Y, Sakurai Y, Endo T. O-GlcNAc modification affects the ATM-mediated DNA damage response. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:1678-85 pubmed publisher..The steady-state O-GlcNAc level of ATM was not significantly responsive to X-irradiation or oxidative stress. ATM is an O-GlcNAc modified protein, and dynamic O-GlcNAc modification affects the ATM-mediated DNA damage response. ..
- Suzuki T, Tsuzuku J, Hayashi A, Shiomi Y, Iwanari H, Mochizuki Y, et al. Inhibition of DNA damage-induced apoptosis through Cdc7-mediated stabilization of Tob. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40256-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cdc7 defines an essential pro-survival signaling pathway by contributing to stabilization of Tob, thereby the viability of DNA-damaged cells being maintained. ..
- Ishizawa M, Akagi D, Yamamoto J, Makishima M. 1?,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 enhances TRPV6 transcription through p38 MAPK activation and GADD45 expression. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;172:55-61 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that p38? and GADD45? are involved in an enhanced vitamin D signaling on TRPV6 expression. ..
- Kitayama C, Sugimoto A, Yamamoto M. Type II myosin heavy chain encoded by the myo2 gene composes the contractile ring during cytokinesis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:1309-19 pubmed..Furthermore, genetic evidence suggested that the acto-myosin system may interact with the Ras pathway, which regulates mating and the maintenance of cell morphology in S. pombe. ..
- Asakawa K, Yoshida S, Otake F, Toh e A. A novel functional domain of Cdc15 kinase is required for its interaction with Tem1 GTPase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2001;157:1437-50 pubmed..Our data show that the interaction with Tem1 is important for the function of Cdc15 and that Cdc15 and Tem1 function in a complex to direct the exit from mitosis. ..
- Yamamichi Nishina M, Ito T, Mizutani T, Yamamichi N, Watanabe H, Iba H. SW13 cells can transition between two distinct subtypes by switching expression of BRG1 and Brm genes at the post-transcriptional level. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7422-30 pubmed..We would like to propose that SW13 can spontaneously transition between two subtypes by switching expression of BRG1 and Brm at the post-transcriptional level. ..
- Mitsuishi T, Kawana S, Kato T, Kawashima M. Human papillomavirus infection in actinic keratosis and bowen's disease: comparative study with expression of cell-cycle regulatory proteins p21(Waf1/Cip1), p53, PCNA, Ki-67, and Bcl-2 in positive and negative lesions. Hum Pathol. 2003;34:886-92 pubmed
- Shimizu Hirota R, Sasamura H, Kuroda M, Kobayashi E, Hayashi M, Saruta T. Extracellular matrix glycoprotein biglycan enhances vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration. Circ Res. 2004;94:1067-74 pubmed..Furthermore, changes in biglycan expression could be a factor influencing the susceptibility of arteries to vascular injury, and may play a direct role in the pathogenesis of vascular lesions. ..
- Shiotani B, Kobayashi M, Watanabe M, Yamamoto K, Sugimura T, Wakabayashi K. Involvement of the ATR- and ATM-dependent checkpoint responses in cell cycle arrest evoked by pierisin-1. Mol Cancer Res. 2006;4:125-33 pubmed..From these findings, it is suggested that mono-ADP-ribosylation of DNA causes a specific type of fork blockage that induces checkpoint activation and signaling. ..
- Tatsumi Y, Sugimoto N, Yugawa T, Narisawa Saito M, Kiyono T, Fujita M. Deregulation of Cdt1 induces chromosomal damage without rereplication and leads to chromosomal instability. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:3128-40 pubmed..Furthermore, we found that deregulated Cdt1 induces chromosomal instability in normal human cells. Since Cdt1 is overexpressed in cancer cells, this would be a new molecular mechanism leading to carcinogenesis. ..
- Abe M, Kuroshita H, Umeda M, Itoh J, Nagato Y. The rice flattened shoot meristem, encoding CAF-1 p150 subunit, is required for meristem maintenance by regulating the cell-cycle period. Dev Biol. 2008;319:384-93 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the fasciated phenotype of Arabidopsis fas1, fsm showed size reduction of SAM. The opposite phenotypes between fsm and fas1 indicate that the SAM maintenance is regulated differently between rice and Arabidopsis. ..
- Taira N, Yamamoto H, Yamaguchi T, Miki Y, Yoshida K. ATM augments nuclear stabilization of DYRK2 by inhibiting MDM2 in the apoptotic response to DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4909-19 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that ATM controls stability and pro-apoptotic function of DYRK2 in response to DNA damage. ..
- Horikoshi N, Morozumi Y, Takaku M, Takizawa Y, Kurumizaka H. Holliday junction-binding activity of human SPF45. Genes Cells. 2010;15:373-83 pubmed publisher..These biochemical results support the idea that human SPF45 functions in DNA repair by homologous recombination. ..
- Miura Y, Endo T. Survival responses to oxidative stress and aging. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2010;10 Suppl 1:S1-9 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the repair and adaptive response to oxidative stress, and summarize the changes of these systems as a result aging and their relationship to premature aging. ..
- Kitazawa M, Nagano M, Masumoto K, Shigeyoshi Y, Natsume T, Hashimoto S. Angiopoietin-like 2, a circadian gene, improves type 2 diabetes through potentiation of insulin sensitivity in mice adipocytes. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2558-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that replenishment of Angptl2 stimulates insulin sensitivity and improves the type 2 diabetic state. ..
- Miyazaki Y, Kosaka T, Mikami S, Kikuchi E, Tanaka N, Maeda T, et al. The prognostic significance of vasohibin-1 expression in patients with upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:4145-53 pubmed publisher..VASH1 density represents a clinically relevant predictor of patient prognosis in UTUC. The results suggest that VASH1 density could become a new biomarker and provide additional prognostic information in patients with UTUC. ..
- Mizutani S, Takagi M. XCIND as a genetic disease of X-irradiation hypersensitivity and cancer susceptibility. Int J Hematol. 2013;97:37-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, understanding the biological basis of XCIND, including A-T, should help shed light on the pathogenesis of genetic diseases with cancer susceptibility. ..
- Mao Y, Tamura T, Yuki Y, Abe D, Tamada Y, Imoto S, et al. The hnRNP-Htt axis regulates necrotic cell death induced by transcriptional repression through impaired RNA splicing. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2207 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggested involvement of RNA splicing and a regulatory role of the hnRNP-Htt axis in the process of the transcriptional repression-induced necrosis. ..
- Ogino K, Takeda T, Matsui E, Iiyama H, Taniyama C, Arai K, et al. Bipartite binding of a kinase activator activates Cdc7-related kinase essential for S phase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:31376-87 pubmed..Dbf4-related kinase complexes at the origins, in which they are tethered to replication machinery through Dbf4 motif N and the catalytic subunits are activated through bipartite binding of Dbf4 motifs M and C of the regulatory subunits. ..
- Kim J, Nakao K, Nakamura K, Saito I, Katsuki M, Arai K, et al. Inactivation of Cdc7 kinase in mouse ES cells results in S-phase arrest and p53-dependent cell death. EMBO J. 2002;21:2168-79 pubmed
- Chimura T, Kuzuhara T, Horikoshi M. Identification and characterization of CIA/ASF1 as an interactor of bromodomains associated with TFIID. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9334-9 pubmed..This study describes the functional linkage between TFIID and a histone chaperone. ..
- Yasui K, Okamoto H, Arii S, Inazawa J. Association of over-expressed TFDP1 with progression of hepatocellular carcinomas. J Hum Genet. 2003;48:609-13 pubmed..In conclusion, overexpression of TFDP1 may contribute to progression of some HCCs by promoting growth of the tumor cells. ..
- Ito K, Hirao A, Arai F, Matsuoka S, Takubo K, Hamaguchi I, et al. Regulation of oxidative stress by ATM is required for self-renewal of haematopoietic stem cells. Nature. 2004;431:997-1002 pubmed..These results show that the self-renewal capacity of HSCs depends on ATM-mediated inhibition of oxidative stress. ..
- Hiraguri A, Itoh R, Kondo N, Nomura Y, Aizawa D, Murai Y, et al. Specific interactions between Dicer-like proteins and HYL1/DRB-family dsRNA-binding proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;57:173-88 pubmed..The presented data suggest that each member of the HYL1/DRB protein family may individually modulate Dicer function through heterodimerization with a Dicer-like protein in vivo. ..
- Horikawa K, Minami Y, Iijima M, Akiyama M, Shibata S. Rapid damping of food-entrained circadian rhythm of clock gene expression in clock-defective peripheral tissues under fasting conditions. Neuroscience. 2005;134:335-43 pubmed
- Masai H, Taniyama C, Ogino K, Matsui E, Kakusho N, Matsumoto S, et al. Phosphorylation of MCM4 by Cdc7 kinase facilitates its interaction with Cdc45 on the chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:39249-61 pubmed..These results are consistent with the notion that the N-terminal phosphorylation of MCM2, MCM4, and MCM6 may play functionally redundant but essential roles in initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Kume S, Endo T, Nishimura Y, Kano K, Naito K. Porcine SPDYA2 (RINGO A2) stimulates CDC2 activity and accelerates meiotic maturation of porcine oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:440-7 pubmed..These results suggest that pigSPDYA2 has important roles on meiotic maturation of porcine oocytes and that the rapid degradation of SPDY was necessary for the normal maturation of oocytes. ..
- Shimo A, Nishidate T, Ohta T, Fukuda M, Nakamura Y, Katagiri T. Elevated expression of protein regulator of cytokinesis 1, involved in the growth of breast cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:174-81 pubmed..These findings suggest the involvement of a PRC1-KIF2C/MCAK complex in breast tumorigenesis, and this complex should be a promising target for the development of novel treatments for breast cancer. ..
- Inoue Y, Kitagawa M, Taya Y. Phosphorylation of pRB at Ser612 by Chk1/2 leads to a complex between pRB and E2F-1 after DNA damage. EMBO J. 2007;26:2083-93 pubmed..These results suggest that Ser612 is phosphorylated by Chk1/2 after DNA damage, leading to the formation of pRB-E2F-1. This is the first report that pRB is phosphorylated in vivo by a kinase other than Cdk. ..
- Sasanuma H, Hirota K, Fukuda T, Kakusho N, Kugou K, Kawasaki Y, et al. Cdc7-dependent phosphorylation of Mer2 facilitates initiation of yeast meiotic recombination. Genes Dev. 2008;22:398-410 pubmed publisher..We thus propose that Cdc7, in concert with CDK, regulates Spo11 loading to DSB sites via Mer2 phosphorylation. ..
- Hikiba J, Takizawa Y, Ikawa S, Shibata T, Kurumizaka H. Biochemical analysis of the human DMC1-I37N polymorphism. FEBS J. 2009;276:457-65 pubmed publisher..These biochemical differences between the DMC1 and DMC1-I37N proteins suggest that the DMC1-I37N polymorphism may be a source of improper meiotic recombination, causing meiotic defects in humans. ..
- Chiba T, Kamei Y, Shimizu T, Shirasawa T, Katsumata A, Shiraishi L, et al. Overexpression of FOXO1 in skeletal muscle does not alter longevity in mice. Mech Ageing Dev. 2009;130:420-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that an increase in FOXO1 protein and its activation in skeletal muscle does not extend lifespan in mice. ..
- Sakasai R, Teraoka H, Takagi M, Tibbetts R. Transcription-dependent activation of ataxia telangiectasia mutated prevents DNA-dependent protein kinase-mediated cell death in response to topoisomerase I poison. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:15201-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, ATM suppresses DNA-PK-dependent cell death in response to topoisomerase poisons, a finding with potential clinical implications. ..
- Yoshihama Y, Sasaki K, Horikoshi Y, Suzuki A, Ohtsuka T, Hakuno F, et al. KIBRA suppresses apical exocytosis through inhibition of aPKC kinase activity in epithelial cells. Curr Biol. 2011;21:705-11 pubmed publisher..These results strongly support the notion that KIBRA regulates epithelial cell polarity by suppressing apical exocytosis through direct inhibition of aPKC kinase activity in the PAR3-aPKC-PAR6 complex. ..
- Nishimoto N, Arai S, Ichikawa M, Nakagawa M, Goyama S, Kumano K, et al. Loss of AML1/Runx1 accelerates the development of MLL-ENL leukemia through down-regulation of p19ARF. Blood. 2011;118:2541-50 pubmed publisher..These results provide a new insight into a role for AML1 in the progression of leukemia. ..
- Moriyama K, Yoshizawa Sugata N, Obuse C, Tsurimoto T, Masai H. Epstein-Barr nuclear antigen 1 (EBNA1)-dependent recruitment of origin recognition complex (Orc) on oriP of Epstein-Barr virus with purified proteins: stimulation by Cdc6 through its direct interaction with EBNA1. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:23977-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, EBNA1 can direct localized assembly of Orc in a process that is facilitated by Cdc6. The possibility of similar modes of recruitment of Orc/Cdc6 at the human chromosomal origins will be discussed. ..
- Isoda T, Takagi M, Piao J, Nakagama S, Sato M, Masuda K, et al. Process for immune defect and chromosomal translocation during early thymocyte development lacking ATM. Blood. 2012;120:789-99 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study visualized the first step of multistep evolutions toward lymphomagenesis in ATM-deficient thymocytes associated with T-lymphopenia and immunodeficiency. ..
- Sato K, Tanaka S, Mitsunori Y, Mogushi K, Yasen M, Aihara A, et al. Contrast-enhanced intraoperative ultrasonography for vascular imaging of hepatocellular carcinoma: clinical and biological significance. Hepatology. 2013;57:1436-47 pubmed publisher..These findings might be clinically useful as a determinant factor in the postoperative treatment of HCC. ..
- Naoe H, Chiyoda T, Ishizawa J, Masuda K, Saya H, Kuninaka S. The APC/C activator Cdh1 regulates the G2/M transition during differentiation of placental trophoblast stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:757-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the Cdh1(GT/GT) TS cells and placenta showed aberrant expression of placental differentiation markers. These data highlight an important role of Cdh1 in the G2/M transition during placental differentiation. ..
- Kawada M, Yamagoe S, Murakami Y, Suzuki K, Mizuno S, Uehara Y. Induction of p27Kip1 degradation and anchorage independence by Ras through the MAP kinase signaling pathway. Oncogene. 1997;15:629-37 pubmed..Furthermore, we have found that p27Kip1 is phosphorylated by MAP kinase in vitro and the phosphorylated p27Kip1 cannot bind to and inhibit cdk2. ..
- Kawada M, Uehara Y, Mizuno S, Yamori T, Tsuruo T. Up-regulation of p27Kip1 correlates inversely with anchorage-independent growth of human cancer cell lines. Jpn J Cancer Res. 1998;89:110-5 pubmed..Statistical analysis revealed an inverse correlation of the p27 level with anchorage-independent growth (r=-0.456, P<0.01). Thus, the regulation of p27 is suggested to be linked to the anchorage independence of human cancer cells. ..
- Tago K, Nakamura T, Nishita M, Hyodo J, Nagai S, Murata Y, et al. Inhibition of Wnt signaling by ICAT, a novel beta-catenin-interacting protein. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1741-9 pubmed..These results suggest that ICAT negatively regulates Wnt signaling via inhibition of the interaction between beta-catenin and TCF and is integral in development and cell proliferation. ..
- Zhang Y, Nakayama K, Nakayama K, Morita I. A novel route for connexin 43 to inhibit cell proliferation: negative regulation of S-phase kinase-associated protein (Skp 2). Cancer Res. 2003;63:1623-30 pubmed..Our findings suggest a new route for Cx43 to inhibit tumor growth by linking it with the key cell cycle regulators. ..
- Shimada H, Shimizu K, Mimaki S, Sakiyama T, Mori T, Shimasaki N, et al. First case of aplastic anemia in a Japanese child with a homozygous missense mutation in the NBS1 gene (I171V) associated with genomic instability. Hum Genet. 2004;115:372-6 pubmed..This is the first report of AA with a homozygous I171V mutation. We hypothesize that NBS1 may play an important role in the pathogenesis of AA. ..