Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on biological clocks in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Topic: biological clocks
- Naruse Y, Oh hashi K, Iijima N, Naruse M, Yoshioka H, Tanaka M. Circadian and light-induced transcription of clock gene Per1 depends on histone acetylation and deacetylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6278-87 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that the rhythmic transcription and light induction of clock genes are regulated by histone acetylation and deacetylation. ..
- Niwa Y, Masamizu Y, Liu T, Nakayama R, Deng C, Kageyama R. The initiation and propagation of Hes7 oscillation are cooperatively regulated by Fgf and notch signaling in the somite segmentation clock. Dev Cell. 2007;13:298-304 pubmed..We thus propose that Hes7 oscillation is initiated by Fgf signaling and propagated/maintained anteriorly by Notch signaling. ..
- Shimojo H, Ohtsuka T, Kageyama R. Oscillations in notch signaling regulate maintenance of neural progenitors. Neuron. 2008;58:52-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Hes1 oscillation regulates Ngn2 and Dll1 oscillations, which in turn lead to maintenance of neural progenitors by mutual activation of Notch signaling. ..
- Takashima Y, Ohtsuka T, Gonzalez A, Miyachi H, Kageyama R. Intronic delay is essential for oscillatory expression in the segmentation clock. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:3300-5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that introns are indeed required for Hes7 oscillations and point to the significance of intronic delays in dynamic gene expression...
- Harima Y, Takashima Y, Ueda Y, Ohtsuka T, Kageyama R. Accelerating the tempo of the segmentation clock by reducing the number of introns in the Hes7 gene. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the number of introns is important for the appropriate tempo of oscillatory expression and that Hes7 is a key regulator of the pace of the segmentation clock...
- Matsumiya M, Tomita T, Yoshioka Kobayashi K, Isomura A, Kageyama R. ES cell-derived presomitic mesoderm-like tissues for analysis of synchronized oscillations in the segmentation clock. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..This method is applicable to chemical-library screening and will facilitate the analysis of the molecular nature of the segmentation clock. ..