Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on basophils in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
- Koketsu R, Yamaguchi M, Suzukawa M, Tanaka Y, Tashimo H, Arai H, et al. Pretreatment with low levels of Fc?RI-crosslinking stimulation enhances basophil mediator release. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2013;161 Suppl 2:23-31 pubmed publisher..This may be a potentially important mechanism that explains environmental allergen-induced exacerbation of IgE-mediated allergic diseases such as asthma. ..
- Ugajin T, Satoh T, Kanamori T, Aritake K, Urade Y, Yokozeki H. Fc?RI, but not Fc?R, signals induce prostaglandin D2 and E2 production from basophils. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:775-82 pubmed publisher..In addition, human basophils, like mouse basophils, also produced PGD2 through IgE-mediated stimulation. Thus, basophils could be an important source of PGD2/PGE2 and may contribute to allergic inflammation and immune responses...
- Watanabe M, Satoh T, Yamamoto Y, Kanai Y, Karasuyama H, Yokozeki H. Overproduction of IgE induces macrophage-derived chemokine (CCL22) secretion from basophils. J Immunol. 2008;181:5653-9 pubmed..Thus, IgE appears to be capable of stimulating basophils to produce MDC in the absence of a specific Ag, which may contribute to IgE-mediated and/or Th2-predominant allergic inflammation. ..
- Ito Y, Satoh T, Takayama K, Miyagishi C, Walls A, Yokozeki H. Basophil recruitment and activation in inflammatory skin diseases. Allergy. 2011;66:1107-13 pubmed publisher..However, basophil infiltration into the tissues in human skin diseases remains to be addressed...
- Iikura M, Miyamasu M, Yamaguchi M, Kawasaki H, Matsushima K, Kitaura M, et al. Chemokine receptors in human basophils: inducible expression of functional CXCR4. J Leukoc Biol. 2001;70:113-20 pubmed..Thus, expression of CXCR4 was the most strongly affected by cytokines, and this may represent an alternative mechanism for control of cell-specific, biological responses to SDF-1. ..
- Karasuyama H, Obata K, Wada T, Tsujimura Y, Mukai K. Newly appreciated roles for basophils in allergy and protective immunity. Allergy. 2011;66:1133-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, basophils are no longer the neglected minority and are key players in the immune system...
- Baba Y, Maeda K, Yashiro T, Inage E, Kasakura K, Suzuki R, et al. GATA2 is a critical transactivator for the human IL1RL1/ST2 promoter in mast cells/basophils: opposing roles for GATA2 and GATA1 in human IL1RL1/ST2 gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32689-96 pubmed..These results indicate that GATA2 and GATA1 positively and negatively control human ST2 gene transcription, respectively...
- Nakae S, Morita H, Ohno T, Arae K, Matsumoto K, Saito H. Role of interleukin-33 in innate-type immune cells in allergy. Allergol Int. 2013;62:13-20 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize current knowledge regarding the pathogenic roles of IL-33 in the development of allergic inflammation by focusing on its effects on innate-type immune cells. ..
- Kamijo S, Takeda H, Tokura T, Suzuki M, Inui K, Hara M, et al. IL-33-mediated innate response and adaptive immune cells contribute to maximum responses of protease allergen-induced allergic airway inflammation. J Immunol. 2013;190:4489-99 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest cooperation of adaptive immune cells and IL-33-responsive innate cells in protease-dependent allergic airway inflammation. ..
- Kojima T, Obata K, Mukai K, Sato S, Takai T, Minegishi Y, et al. Mast cells and basophils are selectively activated in vitro and in vivo through CD200R3 in an IgE-independent manner. J Immunol. 2007;179:7093-100 pubmed
- Hasegawa M, Nishiyama C, Nishiyama M, Akizawa Y, Mitsuishi K, Ito T, et al. A novel -66T/C polymorphism in Fc epsilon RI alpha-chain promoter affecting the transcription activity: possible relationship to allergic diseases. J Immunol. 2003;171:1927-33 pubmed..Our findings for the first time demonstrate the presence of FcepsilonRIalpha polymorphism related to the allergic diseases. ..
- Shimada E, Tadokoro K, Watanabe Y, Ikeda K, Niihara H, Maeda I, et al. Anaphylactic transfusion reactions in haptoglobin-deficient patients with IgE and IgG haptoglobin antibodies. Transfusion. 2002;42:766-73 pubmed..In addition to IgG antibodies, IgE haptoglobin antibodies detected in the sera of such patients were suggested to play a role in the occurrence of the reactions. ..
- Karasuyama H, Tsujimura Y, Obata K, Mukai K. Role for basophils in systemic anaphylaxis. Chem Immunol Allergy. 2010;95:85-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, there are two major, distinct pathways to allergen-induced systemic anaphylaxis: one mediated by basophils, IgG and platelet-activating factor, and the other 'classical' pathway mediated by mast cells, IgE and histamine...
- Mukai K, Obata K, Tsujimura Y, Karasuyama H. New insights into the roles for basophils in acute and chronic allergy. Allergol Int. 2009;58:11-9 pubmed publisher..Accumulating evidence suggests that basophils function as initiators rather than effectors of the chronic allergic inflammation. Thus, basophils and their products seem to be promising therapeutic targets for allergic disorders. ..
- Koketsu R, Suzukawa M, Kawakami A, Komiya A, Ra C, Yamamoto K, et al. Activation of basophils by stem cell factor: comparison with insulin-like growth factor-I. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2008;18:293-9 pubmed..Interaction of basophils with these cytokines might be involved in the pathogenesis of local inflammation and the remodeling process in asthma. ..
- Egawa M, Mukai K, Yoshikawa S, Iki M, Mukaida N, Kawano Y, et al. Inflammatory monocytes recruited to allergic skin acquire an anti-inflammatory M2 phenotype via basophil-derived interleukin-4. Immunity. 2013;38:570-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, inflammatory monocytes can be converted from being proinflammatory to anti-inflammatory under the influence of basophils in allergic reactions...
- Suzukawa M, Komiya A, Yoshimura Uchiyama C, Kawakami A, Koketsu R, Nagase H, et al. IgE- and FcepsilonRI-mediated enhancement of surface CD69 expression in basophils: role of low-level stimulation. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2007;143 Suppl 1:56-9 pubmed..Upregulated CD69 expression on locally accumulated basophils in bronchial asthma may be attributed at least in part to a combination of local cytokines, especially IL-3, plus exposure to low levels of IgE-crosslinking allergens. ..
- Obata Ninomiya K, Ishiwata K, Tsutsui H, Nei Y, Yoshikawa S, Kawano Y, et al. The skin is an important bulwark of acquired immunity against intestinal helminths. J Exp Med. 2013;210:2583-95 pubmed publisher..This study thus reveals a novel mode of acquired antihelminth immunity, in which IgE-armed basophils mediate skin trapping of larvae, thereby limiting lung injury caused by larval migration. ..
- Takano Ohmuro H, Yoshida L, Yuda Y, Morioka K, Kitani S. Shikonin inhibits IgE-mediated histamine release by human basophils and Syk kinase activity. Inflamm Res. 2008;57:484-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the inhibition of Syk-dependent phosphorylation events might underlie the blocked histamine release from human basophils, thus contributing to the anti-inflammatory effects of shikonin. ..
- Kanada S, Nakano N, Potaczek D, Maeda K, Shimokawa N, Niwa Y, et al. Two different transcription factors discriminate the -315C>T polymorphism of the Fc epsilon RI alpha gene: binding of Sp1 to -315C and of a high mobility group-related molecule to -315T. J Immunol. 2008;180:8204-10 pubmed..The findings demonstrate that a -315 SNP significantly affects human FcepsilonRI alpha-chain promoter activity and expression level of FcepsilonRI on basophils by binding different transcription factors to the SNP site. ..
- Nei Y, Obata Ninomiya K, Tsutsui H, Ishiwata K, Miyasaka M, Matsumoto K, et al. GATA-1 regulates the generation and function of basophils. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18620-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that GATA-1 plays a key role in the generation and function of basophils and underscore the need for careful distinction of the cell lineage responsible for each phenotype observed in ?dblGATA mice. ..