Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Kanagawa, Japan
Locale: Kanagawa, Japan
Topic: base sequence
- Tamura K, Himeno H, Asahara H, Hasegawa T, Shimizu M. Identity determinants of E. coli tRNA(Val). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;177:619-23 pubmed..These results indicate that the second letter A35 of the anticodon, discriminator base and acceptor stem are involved in recognition by valyl-tRNA synthetase. ..
- Kamata Y, Yamamoto M, Kawakami F, Tsuboi R, Takeda A, Ishihara K, et al. Bleomycin hydrolase is regulated biphasically in a differentiation- and cytokine-dependent manner: relevance to atopic dermatitis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8204-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that BH transcription would be modulated during both differentiation and inflammation. ..
- Ito M, Masuda A, Yumoto K, Otomo A, Takahashi Y, Takamatsu N, et al. cDNA cloning of a new member of the FTZ-F1 subfamily from a rainbow trout. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1395:271-4 pubmed..On the other hand, the overall homology between tFZR1 and zebrafish FTZ-F1 is low (33.0%). The results indicate that tFZR1 is a new member of fushitarazu factor 1 (FTZ-F1) subfamily...
- Ueda Y, Sakurai T, Yanai A. Homogeneous production of feline interferon in silkworm by replacing single amino acid code in signal peptide region in recombinant baculovirus and characterization of the product. J Vet Med Sci. 1993;55:251-8 pubmed..Its isoelectric point was pI 6.5. Comparing the structure and biosynthesis of rFeIFN with those of HuIFNs, rFeIFN may be classified as omega-type. ..
- Matsumoto M, Saito Ohara F, Hoshi M, Kurata S. Cloning and sequencing of mouse complementary DNA for heme oxygenase-2. J Biochem. 1996;120:1079-81 pubmed..8 kDa. The nucleotide sequence is 85.6% identical and the amino acid sequence 87% identical to those of the human protein. The corresponding mRNA is present in brain and testis, but not in ovary, kidney, liver, or spleen. ..
- Araya Kojima T, Ishibashi N, Shimamura S, Tanaka K, Takahashi H. Identification and molecular analysis of Lactococcus lactis rpoD operon. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1995;59:73-7 pubmed..5'-ends of all four mRNAs were identified by primer extension analyses. ..
- Miura M, Kato H, Matsushita O. Identification of a novel virulence factor in Clostridium difficile that modulates toxin sensitivity of cultured epithelial cells. Infect Immun. 2011;79:3810-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, Srl might contribute to the modulation of toxin sensitivity of intestinal epithelial cells by enhancing cytotoxicity of C. difficile toxins. ..
- Morita H, Toh H, Oshima K, Yoshizaki M, Kawanishi M, Nakaya K, et al. Complete genome sequence and comparative analysis of the fish pathogen Lactococcus garvieae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23184 pubmed publisher..The analysis also predicted other potential virulence factors such as haemolysin. The present study provides new insights into understanding of the virulence mechanisms of L. garvieae in fish...
- Watanabe M, Hisasue M, Hashizaki K, Furuichi M, Ogata M, Hisamatsu S, et al. Molecular detection and characterization of Haemobartonella felis in domestic cats in Japan employing sequence-specific polymerase chain reaction (SS-PCR). J Vet Med Sci. 2003;65:1111-4 pubmed..In the present study, it was thought that molecular detection and characterization of H. felis may provide valuable information regarding the severity and prognosis of this illness. ..
- Ono M, Nomoto K, Nakazato S. Gene structure of rat testicular cell adhesion molecule 1 (TCAM-1), and its physical linkage to genes coding for the growth hormone and BAF60b, a component of SWI/SNF complexes. Gene. 1999;226:95-102 pubmed..Six genes were thus mapped in the following order in the 88kb region of the rat GH locus: Na-channel (5' to 3')-B29/Ig-beta (5' to 3')-GH (5' to 3')-TCAM-1 (3' to 5')-BAF60b (5' to 3')-SUG/p45 (3' to 5'). ..
- Hamamoto H, Sugiyama Y, Nakagawa N, Hashida E, Matsunaga Y, Takemoto S, et al. A new tobacco mosaic virus vector and its use for the systemic production of angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitor in transgenic tobacco and tomato. Biotechnology (N Y). 1993;11:930-2 pubmed..As a result, the vector could form virus particles and spread systemically from inoculated to non-inoculated leaves. In tomato plants, production of ACEI in fruit was also achieved. ..
- Yoshida T, Tsuda H. Gene targeting of DT-diaphorase in mouse embryonic stem cells: establishment of null mutant and its mitomycin C-resistance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;214:701-8 pubmed..These mutant cell lines seem to be very useful for investigating the functions of DT-diaphorase including the bioactivation and detoxification of quinone species. The generation of a DT-diaphorase-targeted mouse is under investigation. ..
- Burroughs A, Ando Y, de Hoon M, Tomaru Y, Suzuki H, Hayashizaki Y, et al. Deep-sequencing of human Argonaute-associated small RNAs provides insight into miRNA sorting and reveals Argonaute association with RNA fragments of diverse origin. RNA Biol. 2011;8:158-77 pubmed..Finally, we observe antisense miRNA transcripts are frequently present in low copy numbers across a range of diverse miRNA loci and these transcripts appear to associate with AGO proteins. ..
- Katou Y, Kaneshiro K, Aburatani H, Shirahige K. Genomic approach for the understanding of dynamic aspect of chromosome behavior. Methods Enzymol. 2006;409:389-410 pubmed
- Ishii S, Noguchi M, Miyano M, Matsumoto T, Noma M. Mutagenesis studies on the amino acid residues involved in the iron-binding and the activity of human 5-lipoxygenase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;182:1482-90 pubmed..The other mutants retained the enzyme activity. These results strongly suggest that His-367, His-372, His-550 and Glu-376 are crucial for 5-lipoxygenase activity and coordinate to the essential iron. ..
- Ohkura N, Ito M, Tsukada T, Sasaki K, Yamaguchi K, Miki K. Alternative splicing generates isoforms of human neuron-derived orphan receptor-1 (NOR-1) mRNA. Gene. 1998;211:79-85 pubmed
- Izuno H, Kobayashi Y, Sanada Y, Nihei D, Suzuki M, Kohyama N, et al. Rat organic solute carrier protein 1 (rOscp1) mediated the transport of organic solutes in Xenopus laevis oocytes: isolation and pharmacological characterization of rOscp1. Life Sci. 2007;81:1183-92 pubmed..Thus, the present results indicate that a newly isolated cDNA clone, rOscp1, is a polyspecific organic solute carrier protein with some differences in substrate specificity compared with human and mouse OSCP1...
- Itou T, Yoshida Y, Shoji Y, Sugisawa H, Endo T, Sakai T. Molecular cloning and expression of bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus) interleukin-8. J Vet Med Sci. 2003;65:1351-4 pubmed..1%; dog, 85.1%; horse, 79.2%; human, 74.5%; and macaque, 72.3%. The amino acid sequence suggested that dolphin IL-8 was a CXC chemokine. The recombinant dolphin IL-8 protein was recognized with anti-ovine IL-8 monoclonal antibody. ..
- Suzuki K, Nishihata J, Arai Y, Honma N, Yamamoto K, Irimura T, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel actin-binding protein, p57, with a WD repeat and a leucine zipper motif. FEBS Lett. 1995;364:283-8 pubmed..From these results, we conclude that p57 is a coronin-like novel actin-binding protein in mammalian cells but may also have a different function from coronin. ..
- Senoo M, Shinkai Y. Regulation of Vbeta germline transcription in RAG-deficient mice by the CD3epsilon-mediated signals: implication of Vbeta transcriptional regulation in TCR beta allelic exclusion. Int Immunol. 1998;10:553-60 pubmed
- Naruse T, Kawata H, Inoko H, Isshiki G, Yamano K, Hino M, et al. The HLA-DOB gene displays limited polymorphism with only one amino acid substitution. Tissue Antigens. 2002;59:512-9 pubmed
- Yano H, Kuga A, Okamoto R, Kitasato H, Kobayashi T, Inoue M. Plasmid-encoded metallo-beta-lactamase (IMP-6) conferring resistance to carbapenems, especially meropenem. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:1343-8 pubmed..Although IMP-6 has reduced activity against penicillins due to this point mutation, pKU501 confers resistance to a variety of antimicrobial agents because it also produces TEM-1-type enzyme...
- Osawa M, Tsuji T, Yukawa N, Saito T, Takeichi S. Cloning and sequence analysis of cDNA encoding rabbit vitamin D-binding protein (Gc globulin). Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1994;34:1003-9 pubmed..In comparison with DBP amino acid sequences of other species, there are at least four heterogeneous regions. In contrast, a putative actin binding domain was conserved in the evolution process. ..
- Himeno H, Hasegawa T, Asahara H, Tamura K, Shimizu M. Identity determinants of E. coli tryptophan tRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:6379-82 pubmed..These results indicate that the anticodon and G73 are major identity determinants of tryptophan tRNA in E. coli, whereas the A1-U72 base pair is only a weak recognition element. ..
- Iseki Y, Imoto A, Okazaki T, Harigae H, Takahashi S. Identification of annexin 1 as a PU.1 target gene in leukemia cells. Leuk Res. 2009;33:1658-63 pubmed publisher..1KD cells. Furthermore, we revealed the mRNA expression of annexin 1 was negatively correlated with PU.1 mRNA expression in 43 primary AML specimens (R=-0.31, p<0.042). ..
- Kobayashi I, Oka H, Naritaka H, Sato Y, Fujii K, Kameya T. Expression of Pit-1 and growth hormone-releasing hormone receptor mRNA in human pituitary adenomas: difference among functioning, silent, and other nonfunctioning adenomas. Endocr Pathol. 2002;13:83-98 pubmed
- Yoshida S, Kato T, Yako H, Susa T, Cai L, Osuna M, et al. Significant quantitative and qualitative transition in pituitary stem?/? progenitor cells occurs during the postnatal development of the rat anterior pituitary. J Neuroendocrinol. 2011;23:933-43 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that quantitative and qualitative transition occurs by acquisition of a novel mechanism in terminal differentiation in the postnatal development of the anterior pituitary. ..
- Ochiai H, Kanemaki N, Kamoshida S, Murakami M, Ichihara N, Asari M, et al. Determination of full-length cDNA nucleotide sequence of equine carbonic anhydrase VI and its expression in various tissues. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:1233-7 pubmed..In addition, certain signals were detected in testis, thyroid gland and liver, but not in nerve tissue, skeletal muscle, spleen or lymph node...
- Kobayashi O, Hayashi N, Kuroki R, Sone H. Region of FLO1 proteins responsible for sugar recognition. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:6503-10 pubmed..Further mutational analysis of this region suggested that Thr-202 in the Lg-Flo1 protein and Trp-228 in the Flo1 protein are involved in sugar recognition. ..
- Kobayashi K, Hashiguchi K, Yokozeki K, Yamanaka S. Molecular cloning of the transglutaminase gene from Bacillus subtilis and its expression in Escherichia coli. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1998;62:1109-14 pubmed..Transglutaminase activity was detected in Escherichia coli cells transformed with a plasmid for expression of the tgl gene. ..
- Yokoyama K, Nakagawa M, Satoh M, Saitoh S, Dohmae N, Harada A, et al. Expression of a novel 90-kDa protein, Lsd90, involved in the metabolism of very long-chain fatty acid-containing phospholipids in a mitosis-defective fission yeast mutant. J Biochem. 2008;143:369-75 pubmed..The amounts of VLCFA-PL that accumulated in lsd90-overexpressing lsd1/fas2 cells were significantly lower than those in lsd1/fas2 cells, suggesting the involvement of Lsd90 in the metabolism of VLCFA-PL. ..
- Fujii T, Nagasawa N, Iwamatsu A, Bogaki T, Tamai Y, Hamachi M. Molecular cloning, sequence analysis, and expression of the yeast alcohol acetyltransferase gene. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1994;60:2786-92 pubmed..Transformants carrying multiple copies of the ATF1 gene or the Lg-ATF1 gene exhibited high AATase activity in static cultures and produced greater concentrations of acetate esters than the control. ..
- Susa T, Nakayama M, Kitahara K, Kimoto F, Kato T, Kato Y. Homeodomain transcription factor Hesx1/Rpx occupies Prop-1 activation sites in porcine follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) beta subunit promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:712-7 pubmed..These results suggest that Hesx1 blocks the advanced expression of FSHbeta gene in the early stage of pituitary development, and Prop-1 thereafter appears and activates this gene. ..
- Ito M, Koide Y, Takamatsu N, Kawauchi H, Shiba T. cDNA cloning of the beta subunit of teleost thyrotropin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:6052-5 pubmed
- Kazahari K, Nomoto K, Nakazato S, Ono M. Gene coding for the transcription factor, SUG/proteasome, p45 is located nearly 40 kb downstream from the rat growth hormone gene. Gene. 1997;198:323-7 pubmed..From exon 2 to 11, the size of each rSUG/p45 exon was identical with the corresponding exon of the 4.4 kb pig gene. Rat SUG/p45 mRNA was similarly expressed in seven different tissues and one cell line. ..
- Miyazaki T, Tanaka S, Fujita H, Itikawa H. DNA sequence analysis of the dnaK gene of Escherichia coli B and of two dnaK genes carrying the temperature-sensitive mutations dnaK7(Ts) and dnaK756(Ts). J Bacteriol. 1992;174:3715-22 pubmed..The other mutation, dnaK756(Ts), consisted of base substitutions (A for G) at three nucleotide positions, 95, 1364, and 1403, in the open reading frame resulting in an aspartic acid codon in place of a glycine codon. ..
- Kimura E, Abe C, Kawahara Y, Nakamatsu T. Molecular cloning of a novel gene, dtsR, which rescues the detergent sensitivity of a mutant derived from Brevibacterium lactofermentum. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1996;60:1565-70 pubmed..3%) and human (48.7%), or a 12S chain of methylmalonyl-CoA carboxyltransferase from Propionibacterium freudenreichii (43.1%). ..
- Higa K, Ochiai H, Fujise H. Molecular cloning and expression of aquaporin 1 [correction of aquapolin 1] (AQP1) in dog kidney and erythroblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1463:374-82 pubmed..Xenopus oocytes injected with the mRNA of the dog AQP1 exhibited high water permeability in a hyposmotic medium. Thus, dog AQP1 performs water transport the same as in the other species. ..
- Kurumizaka H, Ikawa S, Nakada M, Eda K, Kagawa W, Takata M, et al. Homologous-pairing activity of the human DNA-repair proteins Xrcc3.Rad51C. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:5538-43 pubmed..Rad51C. Electron microscopic observations revealed that Xrcc3.Rad51C and Rad51C formed similar filamentous structures with circular single-stranded DNA. ..
- Ueda K, Oinuma K, Ikeda G, Hosono K, Ohnishi Y, Horinouchi S, et al. AmfS, an extracellular peptidic morphogen in Streptomyces griseus. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:1488-92 pubmed..A synthetic C-terminal octapeptide partially induced aerial-mycelium formation in the amfS mutant, which suggests that an AmfS derivative, but not AmfS itself, serves as an extracellular morphogen...
- Ishii T, Yasuda K, Akatsuka A, Hino O, Hartman P, Ishii N. A mutation in the SDHC gene of complex II increases oxidative stress, resulting in apoptosis and tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2005;65:203-9 pubmed..These results underscore the notion that mitochondrially generated oxidative stress can contribute to nuclear DNA damage, mutagenesis, and ultimately, tumorigenesis. ..
- Kanoh Y, Tamai K, Shirahige K. Different requirements for the association of ATR-ATRIP and 9-1-1 to the stalled replication forks. Gene. 2006;377:88-95 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that rfa1-t11 mutant was mainly defective for activating DNA damage checkpoint and molecular requirement for the recruitment of ATR-ATRIP and 9-1-1 to the stressed forks may be different. ..
- Suematsu N, Okamoto K, Shibata K, Nakanishi Y, Isohashi F. Molecular cloning and functional expression of rat liver cytosolic acetyl-CoA hydrolase. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2700-9 pubmed..Database searching shows no homology to other known proteins, but reveals high similarities to two mouse expressed sequence tags (91% and 93% homology) and human mRNA for KIAA0707 hypothetical protein (50% homology) of unknown function. ..
- Habuka N, Kataoka J, Miyano M, Tsuge H, Ago H, Noma M. Nucleotide sequence of a genomic gene encoding tritin, a ribosome-inactivating protein from Triticum aestivum. Plant Mol Biol. 1993;22:171-6 pubmed..The coding region of tritin was expressed in Escherichia coli using lac promoter and yielded a protein similar to the native one, as determined by SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and immunological analysis...
- Hirano D, Aoki Y, Ogasawara H, Kodama H, Waga I, Sakanaka C, et al. Functional coupling of adenosine A2a receptor to inhibition of the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Biochem J. 1996;316 ( Pt 1):81-6 pubmed..These results suggest that cyclic AMP production through Ado A2a receptor inhibits thrombin-elicited MAPK activation by a Ca(2+)-independent/wortmannin-sensitive pathway in CHO cells. ..
- Shimamura M, Yasue H, Ohshima K, Abe H, Kato H, Kishiro T, et al. Molecular evidence from retroposons that whales form a clade within even-toed ungulates. Nature. 1997;388:666-70 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that whales, ruminants and hippopotamuses form a monophyletic group. ..
- Komuro A, Saeki M, Kato S. Npw38, a novel nuclear protein possessing a WW domain capable of activating basal transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:1957-65 pubmed..These results suggest that some WW domains potentially possess transcription-promoting activity in mammalian cells. ..
- Himeno H, Hasegawa T, Ueda T, Watanabe K, Miura K, Shimizu M. Role of the extra G-C pair at the end of the acceptor stem of tRNA(His) in aminoacylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:7855-63 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the set of the G-1-C73 pair at the end of the acceptor stem of histidine tRNA is crucial for the catalytic process of aminoacylation. ..
- Yoshida S, Matsuura A, Merregaert J, Anraku Y. Schizosaccharomyces pombe stt3+ is a functional homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae STT3 which regulates oligosaccharyltransferase activity. Yeast. 1999;15:497-505 pubmed..Like Itm1, Spstt3+ partially suppressed the temperature sensitivity of the stt3-1 mutation of S. cerevisiae, indicating that Spstt3+ is a functional and structural homologue of the ScSTT3 gene. ..
- Oka A, Tamiya G, Tomizawa M, Ota M, Katsuyama Y, Makino S, et al. Association analysis using refined microsatellite markers localizes a susceptibility locus for psoriasis vulgaris within a 111 kb segment telomeric to the HLA-C gene. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:2165-70 pubmed..Therefore, these seven genes are the potential candidates for susceptibility to psoriasis vulgaris. ..
- Nomura N, Masai H, Inuzuka M, Miyazaki C, Ohtsubo E, Itoh T, et al. Identification of eleven single-strand initiation sequences (ssi) for priming of DNA replication in the F, R6K, R100 and ColE2 plasmids. Gene. 1991;108:15-22 pubmed..Sequence homology is detected among some members from both groups. The possible biological roles of the ssi are discussed. ..
- Sakakura Y, Hirabayashi J, Oda Y, Ohyama Y, Kasai K. Structure of chicken 16-kDa beta-galactoside-binding lectin. Complete amino acid sequence, cloning of cDNA, and production of recombinant lectin. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:21573-9 pubmed..A recombinant C-16 lectin was produced in Escherichia coli. The product was indistinguishable from the authentic C-16 lectin except that the NH2 terminus of the former was found to begin with free methionine. ..
- Kirino H, Oshima T. Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of 3-isopropylmalate dehydrogenase gene (leuB) from an extreme thermophile, Thermus aquaticus YT-1. J Biochem. 1991;109:852-7 pubmed
- Araya T, Ishibashi N, Shimamura S, Tanaka K, Takahashi H. Genetic and molecular analysis of the rpoD gene from Lactococcus lactis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1993;57:88-92 pubmed..lactis also has the rpoD operon. Surprisingly, introduction of the cloned L. lactis rpoD gene into a rpoD temperature-sensitive mutant of E. coli caused partial complementation. ..
- Ohkura N, Hijikuro M, Yamamoto A, Miki K. Molecular cloning of a novel thyroid/steroid receptor superfamily gene from cultured rat neuronal cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:1959-65 pubmed
- Furuhata K, Goto K, Kato Y, Saitou K, Sugiyama J, Hara M, et al. Characteristics of a pink-pigmented bacterium isolated from biofilm in a cooling tower in Tokyo, Japan. Microbiol Immunol. 2007;51:637-41 pubmed..0 mol%. Based on phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic data, it was assumed that strain K-20 (=JCM 14634) is a novel species of the genus Roseomonas...
- Suematsu N, Isohashi F. Molecular cloning and functional expression of human cytosolic acetyl-CoA hydrolase. Acta Biochim Pol. 2006;53:553-61 pubmed..A consensus peroxisome proliferator responsive element (PPRE) present in the rodent CACH promoter regions supports marked CACH induction in rat liver by peroxisome proliferator (PP). ..
- Takayama Y, Takada F, Takahashi A, Kawakami M. A 100-kDa protein in the C4-activating component of Ra-reactive factor is a new serine protease having module organization similar to C1r and C1s. J Immunol. 1994;152:2308-16 pubmed..Northern hybridization showed that the liver was the primary site of the expression of the P100 gene. ..
- Wada C, Ohtani H. Molecular cloning of rat cerebellin-like protein cDNA which encodes a novel membrane-associated glycoprotein. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1991;9:71-7 pubmed..Rat cerebellin-like protein, possibly a precursor of cerebellins, is a novel membrane-associated glycoprotein expressed in nervous, adrenal and immune systems and appears to synaptic functions in the central nervous system. ..
- Teraoka Y, Naruse T, Oka A, Matsuzawa Y, Shiina T, Iizuka M, et al. Genetic polymorphisms in the cell growth regulated gene, SC1 telomeric of the HLA-C gene and lack of association of psoriasis vulgaris. Tissue Antigens. 2000;55:206-11 pubmed..This suggests that the susceptible gene for psoriasis vulgaris is not the SC1 gene itself, although a unique homozygous haplotype was identified in the patients. ..
- Nakamura M, Sakanaka C, Aoki Y, Ogasawara H, Tsuji T, Kodama H, et al. Identification of two isoforms of mouse neuropeptide Y-Y1 receptor generated by alternative splicing. Isolation, genomic structure, and functional expression of the receptors. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:30102-10 pubmed..These results suggest that the Y1 beta receptor is an embryonic and a bone marrow form of the NPY-Y1 receptor, which decreases in the expression during development and differentiation. ..
- Nakamura M, Yokoyama M, Watanabe H, Matsumoto T. Molecular cloning, organization and localization of the gene for the mouse neuropeptide Y-Y5 receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1328:83-9 pubmed..The mouse NPY-Y5 receptor gene can map about 10 kbp upstream of the transcriptional initiation sites of the NPY-Y1 receptor gene with an opposite orientation. ..
- Komuro A, Saeki M, Kato S. Association of two nuclear proteins, Npw38 and NpwBP, via the interaction between the WW domain and a novel proline-rich motif containing glycine and arginine. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36513-9 pubmed..These results suggest that NpwBP is a physiological ligand of Npw38 and that the Npw38-NpwBP complex may function as a component of an mRNA factory in the nucleus. ..
- Sawada H, Nakato H, Togawa T, Nakagoshi M, Takikawa S, Dohke K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding a novel cuticle protein in the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;134:519-27 pubmed..We propose BMCPA may be a novel component of cuticle, and may play an important role in the integument of the larval silkworm. ..
- Nakazato S, Nomoto K, Kazahari K, Ono M. Physical linkage of the B29/Ig-beta (CD79B) gene to the skeletal muscle, sodium-channel, and growth hormone genes in rat and human. Genomics. 1998;48:363-8 pubmed..The human CD79B gene was separated by 6.3 and 10.5 kb from the SCN4A and GH1 genes, respectively. ..
- Nakata M, Itou T, Sakai T. Molecular cloning and phylogenetic analysis of inflammatory cytokines of the ferret (Mustela putorius furo). J Vet Med Sci. 2008;70:543-50 pubmed..Phylogenetic analyses based on the deduced amino acid sequences revealed that all ferret inflammatory cytokines were more closely related to those of the Carnivora order, specifically dog and cat, than to other species...
- Kobayashi D, Asano Hoshino A, Nakakura T, Nishimaki T, Ansai S, Kinoshita M, et al. Loss of zinc finger MYND-type containing 10 (zmynd10) affects cilia integrity and axonemal localization of dynein arms, resulting in ciliary dysmotility, polycystic kidney and scoliosis in medaka (Oryzias latipes). Dev Biol. 2017;430:69-79 pubmed publisher..Adult mutants exhibited sperm dysmotility, scoliosis and progressive polycystic kidney. ..
- Sasaki I, Hoshino K, Sugiyama T, Yamazaki C, Yano T, Iizuka A, et al. Spi-B is critical for plasmacytoid dendritic cell function and development. Blood. 2012;120:4733-43 pubmed publisher..The developmental defects of pDCs in Spi-B-deficient mice were more prominent in the BM than in the peripheral lymphoid organs and were intrinsic to pDCs. We conclude that Spi-B plays critical roles in pDC function and development. ..
- Murakami M, Matsuba C, Une Y, Nomura Y, Fujitani H. Nucleotide sequence and polymerase chain reaction/restriction fragment length polymorphism analyses of Aleutian disease virus in ferrets in Japan. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2001;13:337-40 pubmed..Digestion of the PCR products with Afal or ScaI provided different cleavage patterns for FADV and MADV. This PCR/RFLP analysis of the ADV capsid gene will be a valuable asset for diagnosis of this virus infection in ferrets...
- Suematsu N, Okamoto K, Isohashi F. Mouse cytosolic acetyl-CoA hydrolase, a novel candidate for a key enzyme involved in fat metabolism: cDNA cloning, sequencing and functional expression. Acta Biochim Pol. 2002;49:937-45 pubmed..The discovery of mouse CACH cDNA is an important step towards genetic studies on the functional analysis of this enzyme by gene-knockout and transgenic approaches. ..
- Imaizumi A, Koseki C, Matsui K, Kojima H. Improved production of enzymes, which are expressed under the Pho regulon promoter, in the rmf gene (encoding ribosome modulation factor) disruptant of Escherichia coli. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:949-57 pubmed..We concluded that host modification by the rmf gene disruption has potential benefit in industrial enzyme production using Escherichia coli. ..
- Yamada K, Kanda H, Aihara T, Takamatsu N, Shiba T, Ito M. Mammalian Sox15 gene: promoter analysis and implications for placental evolution. Zoolog Sci. 2008;25:313-20 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the marsupial opossum gene that is closest to Sox15 appeared to be a pseudogene. These findings indicate that Sox15 may have been involved in placental evolution. ..
- Kim Y, Kurita R, Kojima M, Nishii W, Tanokura M, Muramatsu T, et al. Identification of arginine residues important for the activity of Escherichia coli signal peptidase I. Biol Chem. 2004;385:381-8 pubmed..Therefore, Arg77, Arg222, Arg315, and Arg318 are thought to be important for maintaining the proper and stable conformation of SPase I. ..
- Takagi S, Sasado T, Tamiya G, Ozato K, Wakamatsu Y, Takeshita A, et al. An efficient expression vector for transgenic medaka construction. Mol Mar Biol Biotechnol. 1994;3:192-9 pubmed..The cloned gene in this cassette vector is stably transmittable and efficiently expressible. ..
- Sano J, Oguma K, Kano R, Hasegawa A. Molecular cloning of canine Mcl-1 gene and its expression in tumor cell lines. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:709-12 pubmed
- Asahara H, Himeno H, Tamura K, Nameki N, Hasegawa T, Shimizu M. Escherichia coli seryl-tRNA synthetase recognizes tRNA(Ser) by its characteristic tertiary structure. J Mol Biol. 1994;236:738-48 pubmed
- Yamada K, Kanda H, Tanaka S, Takamatsu N, Shiba T, Ito M. Sox15 enhances trophoblast giant cell differentiation induced by Hand1 in mouse placenta. Differentiation. 2006;74:212-21 pubmed..These results may suggest that the increased transcriptional activity of Hand1 caused by Sox15 might promote the transcription of the target gene resulting in the trophoblast giant cell differentiation in the mouse placenta. ..
- Hashimoto A, Hayashi I, Murakami Y, Sato Y, Kitasato H, Matsushita R, et al. Antiinflammatory mediator lipoxin A4 and its receptor in synovitis of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol. 2007;34:2144-53 pubmed..These findings could lead to the development of new therapy for inflammatory arthritis such as RA. ..
- Taniguchi Y, Komatsu N, Moriuchi T. Overexpression of the HOX4A (HOXD3) homeobox gene in human erythroleukemia HEL cells results in altered adhesive properties. Blood. 1995;85:2786-94 pubmed..These results implicate the homeobox gene HOX4A in the regulation of cell adhesion processes. ..
- Dobashi Y, Kubota Y, Shuin T, Torigoe S, Yao M, Hosaka M. Polymorphisms in the human DNA polymerase beta gene. Hum Genet. 1995;95:389-90 pubmed..Unexpectedly, we found six regions that were polymorphic. This information should be taken into consideration at the time of sequence analysis of the DNA polymerase beta gene. ..
- Araya N, Arimura H, Kawahara K, Yagishita N, Ishida J, Fujii R, et al. Role of Kenae/CCDC125 in cell motility through the deregulation of RhoGTPase. Int J Mol Med. 2009;24:605-11 pubmed..These results suggest that the novel gene, Kenae/CCDC125, acts as a regulator of cell motility through RhoA, Rac1 and cdc42. ..
- Kometani K, Yamada T, Sasaki Y, Yokosuka T, Saito T, Rajewsky K, et al. CIN85 drives B cell responses by linking BCR signals to the canonical NF-kappaB pathway. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1447-57 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that CIN85 links the BCR to IKK-? activation, thereby contributing to T cell-independent immune responses. ..
- Watanabe M, Iwasaki Y, Mita Y, Ota S, Yamada S, Shimizu M, et al. Porcine T-cell receptor beta-chain: a genomic sequence covering Dbeta1.1 to Cbeta2 gene segments and the diversity of cDNA expressed in piglets including novel alternative splicing products. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:2332-43 pubmed..7-Cbeta2 intron to Cbeta2 exon1. Numerous examples of splice variants may suggest the involvement of splicing in generating TCRbeta-chain functional diversity. ..
- Kanazawa A, Tsukada S, Sekine A, Tsunoda T, Takahashi A, Kashiwagi A, et al. Association of the gene encoding wingless-type mammary tumor virus integration-site family member 5B (WNT5B) with type 2 diabetes. Am J Hum Genet. 2004;75:832-43 pubmed..These results indicate that the WNT5B gene may contribute to conferring susceptibility to type 2 diabetes and may be involved in the pathogenesis of this disease through the regulation of adipocyte function. ..
- Taniguchi Y, Fujii A, Moriuchi T. Cloning and sequencing of the human homeobox gene HOX4A. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1132:332-4 pubmed
- Yamamoto T, Kanekatsu M, Nakagoshi M, Kato T, Mase K, Sawada H. Casein kinase 2 during early embryonic development in silkworm Bombyx mori: cDNA sequence, gene expression, and enzyme activity. DNA Seq. 2005;16:446-55 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the changes in CK2 activity are regulated mainly at the level of post-transcription during embryonic development in Bombyx mori...