Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: base sequence
- Inoue H, Takahashi S, Fukui K, Miyake Y. Leucine zipper motif in porcine renin-binding protein (RnBP) and its relationship to the formation of an RnBP-renin heterodimer and an RnBP homodimer. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:11896-900 pubmed..The existence of the motif should facilitate elucidation of the role of RnBP in renin metabolism. ..
- Emi M, Asaoka H, Matsumoto A, Itakura H, Kurihara Y, Wada Y, et al. Structure, organization, and chromosomal mapping of the human macrophage scavenger receptor gene. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:2120-5 pubmed..Furthermore, the specific arrangement of exons played a role in determining the structural characteristics of functional domains. ..
- Kanzaki N, Miyagawa K. Nucleotide sequence of the Bacillus subtilis IMP dehydrogenase gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6710 pubmed
- Terao Y, Kumano S, Takatsu Y, Hattori M, Nishimura A, Ohtaki T, et al. Expression of KiSS-1, a metastasis suppressor gene, in trophoblast giant cells of the rat placenta. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1678:102-10 pubmed..These results suggest that metastin/OT7T175 signaling may participate in implantation of the mammalian embryo, placenta formation, and maintenance of pregnancy. ..
- Islam M, Kawasaki H, Muramatsu Y, Nakagawa Y, Seki T. Bradyrhizobium iriomotense sp. nov., isolated from a tumor-like root of the legume Entada koshunensis from Iriomote Island in Japan. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1416-29 pubmed..On the basis of its phylogenetic distinctiveness, we propose Bradyrhizobium iriomotense sp. nov. for strain EK05(T). The type strain is EK05(T) (= NBRC 102520(T) = LMG 24129(T))...
- Mochizuki R, Ishizuka Y, Yanai K, Koga Y, Fukamizu A, Murakami K. Molecular cloning and expression of human neurochondrin-1 and -2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1446:397-402 pubmed..9 and 77.2 kDa, respectively. The deduced amino acid sequence indicates 98% identity among human, mouse and rat species. Northern analysis indicates that about 4 kb human neurochondrin mRNAs are abundant in the fetal and the adult brain. ..
- Kojima S, Mayumi Matsuda K, Suzuki H, Sakata T. Molecular cloning of rat GADD45gamma, gene induction and its role during neuronal cell death. FEBS Lett. 1999;446:313-7 pubmed..Overexpression of GADD45gamma in superior cervical ganglion neurons caused cell death. These results suggest that GADD45gamma plays an important role in neuronal cell death. ..
- Takamatsu H, Hiraoka T, Kodama T, Koide H, Kozuka S, Tochikubo K, et al. Cloning of a novel gene yrbB, encoding a protein located in the spore integument of Bacillus subtilis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;166:361-7 pubmed..Immunoelectron microscopic observation indicated that YrbB, the product of orf2, was located within the spore integument, mainly in the cortex layer with a part in the inner region of the coat layer. ..
- Komada M, Kitamura N. Growth factor-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of Hrs, a novel 115-kilodalton protein with a structurally conserved putative zinc finger domain. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6213-21 pubmed..These results suggest that Hrs plays a unique and important role in the signaling pathway of growth factors. ..
- Sakashita H, Sakuma T, Akitomo Y, Ohkubo T, Kainosho M, Sekiguchi M, et al. Sequence-specific DNA recognition of the Escherichia coli Ada protein associated with the methylation-dependent functional switch for transcriptional regulation. J Biochem. 1995;118:1184-91 pubmed..We propose that the direct contact of this region is a major factor for the "switch" that converts the Ada protein from a nonspecific DNA binding form to a transcription factor. ..
- Nishino A, Baba S, Okamura Y. A mechanism for graded motor control encoded in the channel properties of the muscle ACh receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2599-604 pubmed publisher..The graded nature of excitation-contraction (E-C) coupling in this organism is based on the traits of the nAChR channel pore, which confer fine controllability on such a coarse motor architecture...
- Ito T, Fujio Y, Hirata M, Takatani T, Matsuda T, Muraoka S, et al. Expression of taurine transporter is regulated through the TonE (tonicity-responsive element)/TonEBP (TonE-binding protein) pathway and contributes to cytoprotection in HepG2 cells. Biochem J. 2004;382:177-82 pubmed..These findings suggested that induction of TauT by hypertonicity is mediated by the activation of the TonE/TonEBP pathway and confers resistance to hypertonic stress. ..
- Kitamura K, Iguchi N, Kaneko Y, Tanaka H, Nishimune Y. Characterization of a novel postacrosomal perinuclear theca-specific protein, CYPT1. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1927-35 pubmed..CYPT1 and the proteins of the paralogous genes constitute a novel, basic cysteine-rich sperm protein family that may contribute to the function of the postacrosomal PT during nuclear shaping. ..
- Kawase Y, Hoshino T, Yokota K, Kuzuhara A, Nakamura M, Maeda Y, et al. Bone malformations in interleukin-18 transgenic mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:975-83 pubmed..Thus, deformed cortical bone and a decreased turnover rate of lumbar trabecular bone are characteristic of IL-18 TG mice, and these features might be associated with the increased expression of IFN-gamma and IL-18 in the bone marrow. ..
- Tanabe K, Sakihama N, Hattori T, Ranford Cartwright L, Goldman I, Escalante A, et al. Genetic distance in housekeeping genes between Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium reichenowi and within P. falciparum. J Mol Evol. 2004;59:687-94 pubmed publisher..falciparum was estimated to be (8.30 +/- 5.40) x 10(4) and (11.62 +/- 7.56) x 10(4) years ago, assuming the divergence time of the two parasite species to be 5 and 7 million years ago, respectively...
- Tanaka Y, Imai T, Baba M, Ishikawa I, Uehira M, Nomiyama H, et al. Selective expression of liver and activation-regulated chemokine (LARC) in intestinal epithelium in mice and humans. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:633-42 pubmed..Thus, in both humans and mice, LARC may be physiologically involved in formation and function of the mucosal lymphoid tissues by attracting lymphocytes and dendritic cells toward epithelial cells. ..
- Taketani S, Kohno H, Okuda M, Furukawa T, Tokunaga R. Induction of peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptors during differentiation of mouse erythroleukemia cells. A possible involvement of these receptors in heme biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:7527-31 pubmed..These results suggest that PBR/IBP on PBR may be involved in porphyrin transport and may even be a critical factor in erythroid-specific induction of heme biosynthesis. ..
- Kanaya S, Kohara A, Miura Y, Sekiguchi A, Iwai S, Inoue H, et al. Identification of the amino acid residues involved in an active site of Escherichia coli ribonuclease H by site-directed mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:4615-21 pubmed..This strongly suggests that they are also involved in the active site of these RTs and RT related enzymes. ..
- Momoi K, Fukui K, Tada M, Miyake Y. Gene expression of D-amino acid oxidase in rabbit kidney. J Biochem. 1990;108:406-13 pubmed..The results suggest that one of the causes of the very poor synthesis of DAO protein in rabbit kidney is translational suppression in the synthetic process. ..
- Nakamura T, Sakai M, Sadakane Y, Haga T, Goto Y, Kinouchi T, et al. Differential rate constants of racemization of aspartyl and asparaginyl residues in human alpha A-crystallin mutants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1784:1192-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that structures close to Asp58 and Asp151 residues in the protein affect the rate constant of Asp racemization and the size and chaperone function of alpha A-crystallin. ..
- Ooe N, Saito K, Oeda K, Nakatuka I, Kaneko H. Characterization of Drosophila and Caenorhabditis elegans NXF-like-factors, putative homologs of mammalian NXF. Gene. 2007;400:122-30 pubmed..These data strongly suggest that the Drosophila and C. elegans NXF-like-factors reported here are homologs of mammalian NXF. Further elucidation of whether they are true orthologs with the same function in vivo is now necessary. ..
- Ariyoshi M, Vassylyev D, Iwasaki H, Nakamura H, Shinagawa H, Morikawa K. Atomic structure of the RuvC resolvase: a holliday junction-specific endonuclease from E. coli. Cell. 1994;78:1063-72 pubmed..The folding topology in the vicinity of the catalytic site exhibits a striking similarity to that of RNAase H1 from E. coli. ..
- Tsuji S, Uehori J, Matsumoto M, Suzuki Y, Matsuhisa A, Toyoshima K, et al. Human intelectin is a novel soluble lectin that recognizes galactofuranose in carbohydrate chains of bacterial cell wall. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23456-63 pubmed..These results suggested that hIntL is a new type lectin recognizing galactofuranose, and that hIntL plays a role in the recognition of bacteria-specific components in the host. ..
- Matsuoka Y, Iguchi N, Kitamura K, Nishimura H, Manabe H, Miyagawa Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of a mouse spergen-1 localized in sperm mitochondria. Int J Androl. 2004;27:152-60 pubmed
- Yoshikawa K, Tsuzuki H, Fujiwara T, Nakamura E, Iwamoto H, Matsumoto K, et al. Purification, characterization and gene cloning of a novel glutamic acid-specific endopeptidase from Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 12600. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1121:221-8 pubmed..SPase was confirmed to be a novel endopeptidase specific for glutamic acid, being different from V8 proteinase which consists of 268 amino acids. ..
- Inoue H, Fukui K, Miyake Y. Identification and structure of the rat true tissue kallikrein gene expressed in the kidney. J Biochem. 1989;105:834-40 pubmed..CATCT, GGGCGG, and TTTAAA boxes were found as common signals required for eukaryote gene expression within about 100 base pairs-upstream of the cap sites. ..
- Nakayama T, Yaoi T, Yasui M, Kuwajima G. N-copine: a novel two C2-domain-containing protein with neuronal activity-regulated expression. FEBS Lett. 1998;428:80-4 pubmed..We designated this protein N-copine (neuronal-copine). N-copine may have a role in synaptic plasticity. ..
- Aoki K, Nakamura T, Fujikawa K, Matsuda M. Local phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate accumulation recruits Vav2 and Vav3 to activate Rac1/Cdc42 and initiate neurite outgrowth in nerve growth factor-stimulated PC12 cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2207-17 pubmed..These observations demonstrated for the first time that Vav2 and Vav3 are essential constituents of the positive feedback loop that is comprised of PI3-kinase and Rac1/Cdc42 and cycles locally with morphological changes. ..
- Inoue H, Fukui K, Takahashi S, Miyake Y. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of a cDNA encoding a porcine kidney renin-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:6556-61 pubmed..5-kilobase mRNA in kidney, liver, adrenal, and pituitary glands, the amount being much greater in kidney than in the other tissues. Southern blot analysis showed the presence of a unique gene for RnBP in the porcine genome. ..
- Nishikawa M, Kira Y, Yabunaka Y, Inoue M. Identification and characterization of endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein, ERp43. Gene. 2007;386:42-51 pubmed..These findings indicate that ERp43 plays important roles in cell growth and ER stress-induced cell death. ..
- He G, Tarui Y, Iino M. A novel receptor kinase involved in jasmonate-mediated wound and phytochrome signaling in maize coleoptiles. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:870-83 pubmed..We present a model of jasmonate-mediated signaling to explain the results obtained. ..
- Iwasaki M, Igarashi H, Hinuma Y, Yutsudo T. Cloning, characterization and overexpression of a Streptococcus pyogenes gene encoding a new type of mitogenic factor. FEBS Lett. 1993;331:187-92 pubmed..pyogenes. These data indicate that a unique gene encoding MF was cloned from S. pyogenes...
- Orita S, Sato S, Aono Y, Minoura N, Yamashita T, Hinuma Y, et al. Identification of novel singly spliced pX mRNA transcripts common to all human T-cell leukemia virus type 1-related retroviruses. Virus Genes. 1993;7:197-204 pubmed..This novel mRNA in the HTLV-1-related virus group may be analogous to the two-exon nef specific mRNA in human immunodeficiency virus type 1...
- Nakamura T, Nakamura Kubo M, Nakamura T, Shimoda C. Novel fission yeast Cdc7-Dbf4-like kinase complex required for the initiation and progression of meiotic second division. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:309-20 pubmed..These results suggest that Spo4 is a Cdc7 kinase whose primary role is in meiosis, not in DNA replication. This is the first report of an organism which has two Cdc7-related kinase complexes with different biological functions. ..
- Teshima S, Nakanishi H, Nishizawa M, Kitagawa K, Kaibori M, Yamada M, et al. Up-regulation of IL-1 receptor through PI3K/Akt is essential for the induction of iNOS gene expression in hepatocytes. J Hepatol. 2004;40:616-23 pubmed..These results indicate that the up-regulation of IL-1R1 in concert with the activation of NF-kappaB is required for the transcriptional activation of iNOS gene. ..
- Kamei Y, Ohizumi H, Fujitani Y, Nemoto T, Tanaka T, Takahashi N, et al. PPARgamma coactivator 1beta/ERR ligand 1 is an ERR protein ligand, whose expression induces a high-energy expenditure and antagonizes obesity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:12378-83 pubmed..These results demonstrate that PGC-1beta/ERRL1 can function as a protein ligand of ERR, and that its level contributes to the control of energy balance in vivo, and provide a strategy for developing novel antiobesity drugs. ..
- Fukui T, Yamamoto S, Nakano K, Tsujikawa M, Morimura H, Nishida K, et al. ABCA4 gene mutations in Japanese patients with Stargardt disease and retinitis pigmentosa. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:2819-24 pubmed..To evaluate photoreceptor cell-specific adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-binding cassette transporter (ABCA4) gene mutations in Japanese patients with Stargardt disease (STGD) and the correlation of these mutations to clinical phenotypes...
- Sandoval J, Nakagawa Toyama Y, Masuda D, Tochino Y, Nakaoka H, Kawase R, et al. Molecular mechanisms of ezetimibe-induced attenuation of postprandial hypertriglyceridemia. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2010;17:914-24 pubmed
- Abe N, Ohya N, Yanagiguchi R. Molecular characterization of Anisakis pegreffii larvae in Pacific cod in Japan. J Helminthol. 2005;79:303-6 pubmed..Among the 26 isolates, 24 were identified as A. simplex sensu stricto, the other two as A. pegreffii. The present study is the first to confirm the distribution of A. pegreffii in Japan, and to detect A. pegreffii larvae in Pacific cod. ..
- Hashimoto S, Onodera Y, Hashimoto A, Tanaka M, Hamaguchi M, Yamada A, et al. Requirement for Arf6 in breast cancer invasive activities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:6647-52 pubmed
- Shimada M, Okuzaki D, Tanaka S, Tougan T, Tamai K, Shimoda C, et al. Replication factor C3 of Schizosaccharomyces pombe, a small subunit of replication factor C complex, plays a role in both replication and damage checkpoints. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3991-4003 pubmed..From these results, we conclude that rfc3(+) is required not only for DNA replication but also for replication and damage checkpoint controls, probably functioning as a checkpoint sensor. ..
- Tsujimura A, Nunoue K, Inoue N, Shida K, Kurita Taniguchi M, Matsumoto M, et al. Three soluble form messages of murine CD46 are produced through alternative mRNA splicing. J Biochem. 2001;130:841-8 pubmed
- Kohri K, Suzuki Y, Yoshida K, Yamamoto K, Amasaki N, Yamate T, et al. Molecular cloning and sequencing of cDNA encoding urinary stone protein, which is identical to osteopontin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;184:859-64 pubmed..This result shows that osteopontin is presumably involved in stone formation as stone matrix. ..
- Kanaya S, Itaya M. Expression, purification, and characterization of a recombinant ribonuclease H from Thermus thermophilus HB8. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10184-92 pubmed..coli RNase HI. The free energy changes of unfolding in the absence of denaturant, delta G[H2O], of T. thermophilus RNase H increased by 11.79 kcal/mol at 25 degrees C and 14.07 kcal/mol at 50 degrees C, as compared with E. coli RNase HI...
- Tanaka H, Yoshimura Y, Nozaki M, Yomogida K, Tsuchida J, Tosaka Y, et al. Identification and characterization of a haploid germ cell-specific nuclear protein kinase (Haspin) in spermatid nuclei and its effects on somatic cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:17049-57 pubmed..Thus, the DNA-binding activity of Haspin may, in some way, be associated with its kinase activity. These observations suggest that Haspin has some critical roles in cell cycle cessation and differentiation of haploid germ cells. ..
- Peters J, Takahashi S, Tada M, Miyake Y. mGK-6-derived true tissue kallikrein is synthesized, processed, and targeted through a regulated secretory pathway in mouse pituitary AtT-20 cells. J Biochem. 1992;111:643-8 pubmed
- Nishino K, Yamaguchi A. EvgA of the two-component signal transduction system modulates production of the yhiUV multidrug transporter in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:2319-23 pubmed..Nishino and A. Yamaguchi, J. Bacteriol. 183:1455-1458, 2001). Here we present data showing that EvgA contributes to multidrug resistance through increased expression of the multidrug transporter yhiUV gene. ..
- Maki H, Yamaguchi T, Murakami K. Cloning and characterization of a gene affecting the methicillin resistance level and the autolysis rate in Staphylococcus aureus. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:4993-5000 pubmed..aureus strains showed that, whereas nucleotide substitutions occurred at the third position in seven of eight 3'-terminal codons, only C-terminal amino acid variation of glutamate or aspartate was observed...
- Nakayama M, Miyake T, Gahara Y, Ohara O, Kitamura T. A novel RING-H2 motif protein downregulated by axotomy: its characteristic localization at the postsynaptic density of axosomatic synapse. J Neurosci. 1995;15:5238-48 pubmed
- Itazaki K, Shigeri Y, Fujimoto M. Molecular cloning and characterization of the angiotensin receptor subtype in porcine aortic smooth muscle. Eur J Pharmacol. 1993;245:147-56 pubmed..These results indicate that the cDNA encodes the functional and regulated AT1 subtype of AII receptors. ..
- Adachi H, Ishida N, Tsujimoto M. Primary structure of rat renal dipeptidase and expression of its mRNA in rat tissues and COS-1 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1132:311-4 pubmed..RNA blot hybridization analysis showed that 1.6 and 2.2 kb mRNAs were expressed in lung and kidney, however, only 1.6 kb mRNA was detected in small intestine. COS-1 cells transfected with the cDNA expressed enzymatically active rrDP. ..
- Hirakawa H, Takumi Kobayashi A, Theisen U, Hirata T, Nishino K, Yamaguchi A. AcrS/EnvR represses expression of the acrAB multidrug efflux genes in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:6276-9 pubmed publisher..However, the roles of AcrS in regulation of drug efflux pumps have not been clearly understood. Here we show that AcrS represses other multidrug efflux genes, acrAB, which encode a major efflux system in Escherichia coli. ..
- Taketani S, Nakahashi Y, Osumi T, Tokunaga R. Molecular cloning, sequencing, and expression of mouse ferrochelatase. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:19377-80 pubmed..The band pattern of the RNA of the mouse liver was the same as that of the MEL cells. Based on these results, we deduce that ferrochelatase in erythroid and hepatic cells can be only of one type. ..
- Yasui A, Nishizawa H, Okuno Y, Morita K, Kobayashi H, Kawai K, et al. Foxo1 represses expression of musclin, a skeletal muscle-derived secretory factor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:358-65 pubmed..Our results demonstrated that Foxo1 downregulates musclin mRNA expression both in vitro and in vivo, which should explain insulin-mediated upregulation of this gene in muscle cells. ..
- Yokoyama C, Tanabe T. Cloning of human gene encoding prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase and primary structure of the enzyme. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;165:888-94 pubmed..Human prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase exhibited 91% amino acid identity with the sheep enzyme. ..
- Hiraoka A, Sugimura A, Seki T, Nagasawa T, Ohta N, Shimonishi M, et al. Cloning, expression, and characterization of a cDNA encoding a novel human growth factor for primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:7577-82 pubmed..SCGF could disclose some human-specific mechanisms as yet unidentified from studies on the murine hematopoietic system. ..
- Yoshida K, Suzuki Y, Yamamoto K, Sinohara H. cDNA sequencing of guinea pig alpha 2-HS glycoprotein, its expression in various tissues and acute phase expression. Biol Chem. 1999;380:95-9 pubmed..The alpha 2-HS glycoprotein mRNA levels in the liver were reduced to half at 48 h after subcutaneous injection of turpentine oil. ..
- Ichikawa N, Mizuno M. Functional expression of hexahistidine-tagged beta-subunit of yeast F1-ATPase and isolation of the enzyme by immobilized metal affinity chromatography. Protein Expr Purif. 2004;37:97-101 pubmed..The application of this novel procedure simplifies the number of steps required for the isolation of F1 used for studying the molecular mechanism of catalysis and regulation of the enzyme. ..
- Oritani K, Medina K, Tomiyama Y, Ishikawa J, Okajima Y, Ogawa M, et al. Limitin: An interferon-like cytokine that preferentially influences B-lymphocyte precursors. Nat Med. 2000;6:659-66 pubmed..However, preferential B-lineage growth inhibition and activation of Janus kinase 2 in a myelomonocytic leukemia line have not been described for previously known interferons. ..
- Ito N, Ayata M, Shingai M, Furukawa K, Seto T, Matsunaga I, et al. Comparison of the neuropathogenicity of two SSPE sibling viruses of the Osaka-2 strain isolated with Vero and B95a cells. J Neurovirol. 2002;8:6-13 pubmed
- Nomura Furuwatari C, Wakitani S, Hashimoto Y, Imai Y, Ohta Y, Nakagawa K, et al. Expression profiles of phosphodiesterase 4D splicing variants in osteoblastic cells. J Bone Miner Metab. 2008;26:152-8 pubmed publisher..Purified recombinant PDE4D9 protein exhibited phosphodiesterase activity, which degraded cAMP to AMP, and this activity was inhibited by rolipram. These findings suggest that PDE4D1, -2, and -9 play some roles in bone formation. ..
- Nomura M, Tsujimura A, Begum N, Matsumoto M, Wabiko H, Toyoshima K, et al. Identification and characterization of a silencer regulatory element in the 3'-flanking region of the murine CD46 gene. Biochem J. 2000;351 Pt 2:353-65 pubmed..These results imply that the effects of the CD46 silencer element encompass the innate immune and reproductive systems, and in mice may determine the testicular germ-cell-dominant expression of CD46. ..