Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Topic: base sequence
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Michibata H, Chiba H, Wakimoto K, Seishima M, Kawasaki S, Okubo K, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel component of the cornified envelope, cornifelin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;318:803-13 pubmed..Overexpression of human cornifelin correlated with decreased loricrin expression and increased involucrin expression in the transgenic mouse. However, abnormality of epidermal differentiation was not observed in the transgenic mouse. ..
- Tanaka S, Nagamatsu G, Tokitake Y, Kasa M, Tam P, Matsui Y. Regulation of expression of mouse interferon-induced transmembrane protein like gene-3, Ifitm3 (mil-1, fragilis), in germ cells. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:651-9 pubmed..The lack of any influence of the interferon-stimulable response elements on transgene expression in the germ-line suggests that interferon-mediated response is not critical for activating Ifitm3. ..
- Kanai M, Nakamura T, Funakoshi H. Identification and characterization of novel variants of the tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase gene: differential regulation in the mouse nervous system during development. Neurosci Res. 2009;64:111-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that tdo and its novel variants may play an important role in not only the liver but also in local areas in developing and adult brain. ..
- Uehara M, Yashiro K, Takaoka K, Yamamoto M, Hamada H. Removal of maternal retinoic acid by embryonic CYP26 is required for correct Nodal expression during early embryonic patterning. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1689-98 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that maternal RA must be removed by embryonic CYP26 for correct Nodal expression during embryonic patterning. ..
- Kawamoto S, Moriwaki K, Nakagawa T, Terao M, Shinzaki S, Yamane Ohnuki N, et al. Overexpression of ?1,6-fucosyltransferase in hepatoma enhances expression of Golgi phosphoprotein 2 in a fucosylation-independent manner. Int J Oncol. 2011;39:203-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of GP73 regulation through overexpression of a glycosyltransferase, which may lead to Golgi stress. ..
- Kobori S, Ichihashi N, Kazuta Y, Matsuura T, Yomo T. Kinetic analysis of aptazyme-regulated gene expression in a cell-free translation system: modeling of ligand-dependent and -independent expression. RNA. 2012;18:1458-65 pubmed publisher..The model obtained here is useful to assess the factors that restrict the S/N ratio and to improve aptazymes more efficiently. ..
- Miyamoto M, Naruo K, Seko C, Matsumoto S, Kondo T, Kurokawa T. Molecular cloning of a novel cytokine cDNA encoding the ninth member of the fibroblast growth factor family, which has a unique secretion property. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:4251-9 pubmed..Restricted gene expression in organs and the unique secretion nature of the protein suggest that FGF-9 plays a physiological role which differs from those of well-characterized acidic FGF and basic FGF. ..
- Yasukawa K, Iida K, Okano H, Hidese R, Baba M, Yanagihara I, et al. Next-generation sequencing-based analysis of reverse transcriptase fidelity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:147-153 pubmed publisher..Overall, our method could precisely evaluate the fidelity of various RTs with different reaction conditions in a high-throughput manner without the use of expensive optics and troublesome adaptor ligation. ..
- Itoh T, Teraoka H. Cloning and tissue-specific expression of cDNAs for the human and mouse homologues of rat pancreatitis-associated protein (PAP). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1172:184-6 pubmed..Iovanna et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266, 24664-24669) were determined. The expression level of PAP mRNA was very low in healthy pancreas, but an unexpectedly high level was found in normal small intestine. ..
- Saito A, Sinohara H. Rabbit alpha-1-antiproteinase E: a novel recombinant serpin which does not inhibit proteinases. Biochem J. 1995;307 ( Pt 2):369-75 pubmed..The novel character of the E form could provide a new insight into the interaction of serpin and proteinases. ..
- Satoh S, Ohtsuka K, Keida Y, Kusunoki C, Konta Y, Niwa M, et al. Gene structural analysis and expression of human renal dipeptidase. Biotechnol Prog. 1994;10:134-40 pubmed..Northern blotting hybridization analysis showed that renal dipeptidase mRNA is only transcribed in kidney. ..
- Takata H, Takaha T, Okada S, Takagi M, Imanaka T. Characterization of a gene cluster for glycogen biosynthesis and a heterotetrameric ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase from Bacillus stearothermophilus. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:4689-98 pubmed..Glycogen metabolism in B. stearothermophilus is discussed on the basis of these results. ..
- Sugimura K, Tanaka T, Tanaka Y, Takano H, Kanagawa K, Sakamoto N, et al. Decreased sulfotransferase SULT1C2 gene expression in DPT-induced polycystic kidney. Kidney Int. 2002;62:757-62 pubmed..Although the physiological substrate and function of SULT1C2 have yet to be elucidated, its down-regulation could be involved in the cystic changes of tubules by decreasing the sulfation of the tubular basement membrane components. ..
- Banno F, Kaminaka K, Soejima K, Kokame K, Miyata T. Identification of strain-specific variants of mouse Adamts13 gene encoding von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30896-903 pubmed..The natural variation in mouse ADAMTS13 should allow for the determination of hitherto unknown functions of its C-terminal domains in vivo. ..
- Sakabe M, Sakata H, Matsui H, Ikeda K, Yamagishi T, Nakajima Y. ROCK1 expression is regulated by TGFbeta3 and ALK2 during valvuloseptal endocardial cushion formation. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2008;291:845-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the expression of ROCK1 is up-regulated at the onset of EMT and that signaling mediated by TGFbeta3/ALK2 together with BMP is involved in the expression of ROCK1. ..
- Fukui K, Miyake Y. Molecular cloning and chromosomal localization of a human gene encoding D-amino-acid oxidase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:18631-8 pubmed..With the use of genomic DNAs prepared from human and Chinese hamster somatic hybrid cells as templates for the polymerase chain reaction, the gene for DAO was localized to human chromosome 12. ..
- Kaneko Y, Toh e A, Banno I, Oshima Y. Molecular characterization of a specific p-nitrophenylphosphatase gene, PHO13, and its mapping by chromosome fragmentation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 1989;220:133-9 pubmed..9 centimorgans from the HO locus on the left arm of chromosome IV. By chromosome fragmentation, the PHO13 locus was found to be located about 72 kb from the left-hand telomere of chromosome IV and distal to the HO locus. ..
- Nagira M, Imai T, Ishikawa I, Uwabe K, Yoshie O. Mouse homologue of C33 antigen (CD82), a member of the transmembrane 4 superfamily: complementary DNA, genomic structure, and expression. Cell Immunol. 1994;157:144-57 pubmed..These results together with the comparison of the structures of 5' flanking sequences of these genes indicate distinct regulations of gene expression for these four members of TM4SF. ..
- Kitagawa K, Wang X, Hatada I, Yamaoka T, Nojima H, Inazawa J, et al. Isolation and mapping of human homologues of an imprinted mouse gene U2af1-rs1. Genomics. 1995;30:257-63 pubmed..Amino acid sequences of human U2AF1-RS1 and U2AF-RS2 showed significant homology to U2AF small subunit. The group 3 gene, designated as U2AF1-RS3, of which the cDNA has not yet been isolated, was mapped to chromosome 19p13.2. ..
- Sato A, Yoshimoto J, Isaka Y, Miki S, Suyama A, Adachi A, et al. Evidence for direct association of Vpr and matrix protein p17 within the HIV-1 virion. Virology. 1996;220:208-12 pubmed..Association of Vpr and the matrix protein p17 within the mature virion is consistent with their collaborative role in the nuclear transportation of the viral preintegration complex in nondividing cells such as macrophages. ..
- Honke K, Tsuda M, Hirahara Y, Ishii A, Makita A, Wada Y. Molecular cloning and expression of cDNA encoding human 3'-phosphoadenylylsulfate:galactosylceramide 3'-sulfotransferase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:4864-8 pubmed
- Iwamoto M, Higuchi Y, Koyama E, Enomoto Iwamoto M, Kurisu K, Yeh H, et al. Transcription factor ERG variants and functional diversification of chondrocytes during limb long bone development. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:27-40 pubmed..C-1-1 is the first transcription factor identified to date that appears to be instrumental in the genesis and function of epiphyseal articular chondrocytes. ..
- Okano Y, Asada M, Fujimoto A, Ohtake A, Murayama K, Hsiao K, et al. A genetic factor for age-related cataract: identification and characterization of a novel galactokinase variant, "Osaka," in Asians. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:1036-42 pubmed..8%; P < .023) in Japanese individuals with bilateral cataract. This variant probably originated in Japanese and Korean ancestors and is one of the genetic factors that causes cataract in elderly individuals. ..
- Tanaka H, Kohroki J, Iguchi N, Onishi M, Nishimune Y. Cloning and characterization of a human orthologue of testis-specific succinyl CoA: 3-oxo acid CoA transferase (Scot-t) cDNA. Mol Hum Reprod. 2002;8:16-23 pubmed..1-35.3) of the bone morphogenetic protein 8 (BMP8) gene. In conclusion, we have demonstrated that h-Scot-t is a single intronless gene specifically expressed in the testis. ..
- Begum N, Ishii K, Kurita Taniguchi M, Tanabe M, Kobayashi M, Moriwaki Y, et al. Mycobacterium bovis BCG cell wall-specific differentially expressed genes identified by differential display and cDNA subtraction in human macrophages. Infect Immun. 2004;72:937-48 pubmed..Hence, BCG-CWS may profoundly modulate APC responses in a way distinct from that of LPS, leading to possible advantages for its adjuvant-active therapeutic potential...
- Abe N. Molecular and phylogenetic analysis of Blastocystis isolates from various hosts. Vet Parasitol. 2004;120:235-42 pubmed..These results indicate that many of the isolates harboring in animals have zoonotic potential, or have cross-transmissibility among heterogeneous hosts. ..
- Nagamori I, Yomogida K, Adams P, Sassone Corsi P, Nojima H. Transcription factors, cAMP-responsive element modulator (CREM) and Tisp40, act in concert in postmeiotic transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15073-81 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that the Tisp40DeltaTM-CREMtau heterodimer acts as a recruiter of HIRA, a histone chaperone, to CRE. Taken together, we propose that Tisp40 is an important transcriptional regulator during spermiogenesis. ..
- Futakuchi H, Ueda M, Kanda K, Fujino K, Yamaguchi H, Noda S. Transcriptional expression of survivin and its splice variants in cervical carcinomas. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2007;17:1092-8 pubmed..0205 and 0.0437), respectively. We conclude that survivin and its splice variants might be involved in the pathogenesis and development of cervical carcinomas. ..
- Uehara H, Nakaizumi A, Iishi H, Takenaka A, Eguchi H, Ohigashi H, et al. In situ telomerase activity in pancreatic juice may discriminate pancreatic cancer from other pancreatic diseases. Pancreas. 2008;36:236-40 pubmed publisher..In the present study using an in situ TRAP assay, we investigated the specificity of telomerase activity in pancreatic juice for pancreatic cancer...
- Maekawa K, Imagawa N, Nagamatsu M, Harada S. Molecular cloning of a novel protein-tyrosine phosphatase containing a membrane-binding domain and GLGF repeats. FEBS Lett. 1994;337:200-6 pubmed..PTP-BAS was expressed in various human tissues, especially highly in the kidney and lung. Interestingly, the BAS mRNA level in the fetal brain was remarkably high. ..
- Takeuchi M, Weiss N, Schumann P, Yokota A. Leucobacter komagatae gen. nov., sp. nov., a new aerobic gram-positive, nonsporulating rod with 2,4-diaminobutyric acid in the cell wall. Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1996;46:967-71 pubmed..The name Leucobacter komagatae gen. nov., sp. nov., is proposed for this organism. The type strain is strain IFO 15245. ..
- Oka T, Yamamoto R, Futai M. Multiple genes for vacuolar-type ATPase proteolipids in Caenorhabditis elegans. A new gene, vha-3, has a distinct cell-specific distribution. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:22570-6 pubmed..Expression of the vha-11 cDNA complemented a null mutation of VMA5, the yeast C subunit gene, thus demonstrating that vha-11 was the functional C subunit of C. elegans. ..
- Fukuchi Mizutani M, Mizutani M, Tanaka Y, Kusumi T, Ohta D. Microsomal electron transfer in higher plants: cloning and heterologous expression of NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase from Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1999;119:353-62 pubmed..This substrate specificity of the two reductases is discussed in relation to the NADH- and NADPH-dependent activities of microsomal fatty acid desaturases. ..
- Tanabe K, Mita T, Jombart T, Eriksson A, Horibe S, Palacpac N, et al. Plasmodium falciparum accompanied the human expansion out of Africa. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1283-9 pubmed publisher..Age estimates for the expansion of P. falciparum further support that anatomically modern humans were infected prior to their exit out of Africa and carried the parasite along during their colonization of the world. ..
- Tada M, Takahashi S, Miyano M, Miyake Y. Tissue-specific regulation of renin-binding protein gene expression in rats. J Biochem. 1992;112:175-82 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of RnBP gene in the kidney and adrenal gland is regulated independently, and the function of RnBP is related to electrolyte homeostasis, probably through the interaction with renin. ..
- Fukui K, Watanabe F, Shibata T, Miyake Y. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of cDNAs encoding porcine kidney D-amino acid oxidase. Biochemistry. 1987;26:3612-8 pubmed..The efficiency of 3' processing of the RNA was quite different between the two signal sequences ATTAAA and AACAAA. Southern blot analysis showed the presence of a unique gene for D-amino acid oxidase in the porcine genome. ..
- Adachi H, Tsujimoto M, Hattori M, Arai H, Inoue K. cDNA cloning of human cytosolic platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase gamma-subunit and its mRNA expression in human tissues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;214:180-7 pubmed..0 kb transcript was expressed in a tissue specific manner. Comparison of the expression pattern between adult and fetal tissues suggests that the enzyme plays an important role during the development of brain. ..
- Morri H, Ozaki M, Watanabe Y. 5'-flanking region surrounding a human cytosolic phospholipase A2 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:6-11 pubmed..These factors are well known to be induced or activated by the reagents (tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin-1, epidermal growth factor, and phorbol myristate acetate) reported as the inducers of a cPLA2 gene. ..
- Yamanaka H, Inoue T, Ikeda Tanaka O. Chicken monoclonal antibody isolated by a phage display system. J Immunol. 1996;157:1156-62 pubmed..A total of 28 nucleotide substitutions, which may be somatic hypermutations in Ag-driven affinity maturation but could also be errors introduced during gene conversion or polymorphic residues, were found in five lambda-chains. ..
- Miyazato M, Nakazato M, Matsukura S, Kangawa K, Matsuo H. Uroguanylin gene expression in the alimentary tract and extra-gastrointestinal tissues. FEBS Lett. 1996;398:170-4 pubmed..Evidence for uroguanylin expression in extra-gastrointestinal tissues indicates the possible existence of a novel system for water and electrolyte homeostasis, and a more global effect of uroguanylin on epithelial cell function. ..
- Tagashira S, Harada H, Katsumata T, Itoh N, Nakatsuka M. Cloning of mouse FGF10 and up-regulation of its gene expression during wound healing. Gene. 1997;197:399-404 pubmed..FGF10 mRNA was highly induced 1 day after injury and decreased rapidly by 3 days. This suggests that FGF10 is a primary factor in the process of wound healing similarly to other growth factors such as TGF alpha and FGF7. ..
- Sugita T, Aya H, Ueno M, Ishizuka T, Kawashima K. Characterization of molecularly cloned human 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide transformylase. J Biochem. 1997;122:309-13 pubmed..Mutational analysis, utilizing this expression system, showed that His213 and His267 were essential for AICAR transformylase activity. ..
- Ishihara R, Taketani S, Sasai Takedatsu M, Kino M, Tokunaga R, Kobayashi Y. Molecular cloning, sequencing and expression of cDNA encoding human trehalase. Gene. 1997;202:69-74 pubmed..The isolation and expression of cDNA for human trehalase should facilitate studies of the structure of the gene, as well as a basis for a better understanding of the catalytic mechanism. ..
- Wakimoto K, Kuro O M, Yanaka N, Omori K, Komuro I, Imai Y, et al. Isolation and characterization of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger gene and splicing isoforms in mice. DNA Seq. 2000;11:75-81 pubmed..We also identified a novel splice variant, which originate from exons A, C, D, and F. These findings provide new insights into the significance of the large repertoire of NCX1 isoforms. ..
- Mori M, Morishita H, Nakamura H, Matsuoka H, Yoshida K, Kishima Y, et al. Hepatoma-derived growth factor is involved in lung remodeling by stimulating epithelial growth. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004;30:459-69 pubmed..These findings suggest that HDGF may be involved in lung remodeling after injury by promoting the proliferation of lung epithelial cells, probably in an autocrine manner. ..
- Abe N, Tominaga K, Kimata I. Usefulness of PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of the internal transcribed spacer region of rDNA for identification of Anisakis simplex complex. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2006;59:60-2 pubmed
- Nose O, Tatsumi K, Nakano Y, Amino N. Congenital combined pituitary hormone deficiency attributable to a novel PROP1 mutation (467insT). J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2006;19:491-8 pubmed..PROP1 gene mutations appear to be frequently responsible for CPHD, particularly in Middle and Eastern Europe and the Americas, but few cases have been reported in Japan...
- Kato M, Fukuda T, Wakeno M, Okugawa G, Takekita Y, Watanabe S, et al. Effect of 5-HT1A gene polymorphisms on antidepressant response in major depressive disorder. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2009;150B:115-23 pubmed publisher..This finding adds an important information for the pathway of detecting the genetics of antidepressant response even if results must be verified on larger samples. ..
- Nakao Y, Kanamori T, Itoh T, Kodama Y, Rainieri S, Nakamura N, et al. Genome sequence of the lager brewing yeast, an interspecies hybrid. DNA Res. 2009;16:115-29 pubmed publisher..The genome sequence of this interspecies hybrid yeast provides a new tool for better understanding of lager brewing yeast behavior in industrial beer production...
- Sugimoto K, Fujita S, Miyazaki K, Okada M, Takemura T. C3 glomerulonephritis associated with a missense mutation in the factor H gene. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2012;227:211-5 pubmed..The finding of a patient with a CFH mutation associated with C3 glomerulonephritis represents an opportunity to expand the phenotypic spectrum of the CFH mutations...
- Nakahashi Y, Fujita H, Taketani S, Ishida N, Kappas A, Sassa S. The molecular defect of ferrochelatase in a patient with erythropoietic protoporphyria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:281-5 pubmed..This point mutation appears to be responsible for the post-transcriptional splicing abnormality resulting in an aberrant transcript of ferrochelatase in this patient. ..
- Ishizaki J, Hanasaki K, Higashino K, Kishino J, Kikuchi N, Ohara O, et al. Molecular cloning of pancreatic group I phospholipase A2 receptor. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:5897-904 pubmed..The results of transient expression experiments for mutant PLA2 receptors supported this assignment and furthermore suggested the region responsible for PLA2-I binding corresponds to CRDs in the mannose receptor. ..
- Imai T, Kakizaki M, Nishimura M, Yoshie O. Molecular analyses of the association of CD4 with two members of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, CD81 and CD82. J Immunol. 1995;155:1229-39 pubmed..It is, therefore, suggested that CD4 exists at least in two physical states, one associated with p56lck and another associated with CD81 and CD82 in the absence or uncoupling of p56lck. ..
- Futatsugi A, Kuwajima G, Mikoshiba K. Tissue-specific and developmentally regulated alternative splicing in mouse skeletal muscle ryanodine receptor mRNA. Biochem J. 1995;305 ( Pt 2):373-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that the alternative splicing of ASI and ASII, by affecting the modulatory region, generates functionally different sRyR isoforms in a tissue-specific and developmentally regulated manner. ..
- Miyata A, Hara S, Yokoyama C, Inoue H, Ullrich V, Tanabe T. Molecular cloning and expression of human prostacyclin synthase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;200:1728-34 pubmed..These results suggest a variety of physiological roles of prostacyclin in addition to the implications in the cardiovascular system. ..
- Kohno H, Furukawa T, Yoshinaga T, Tokunaga R, Taketani S. Coproporphyrinogen oxidase. Purification, molecular cloning, and induction of mRNA during erythroid differentiation. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:21359-63 pubmed
- Saito A, Sinohara H. Rabbit plasma alpha-1-antiproteinase S-1: cloning, sequencing, expression, and proteinase inhibitory properties of recombinant protein. J Biochem. 1993;113:456-61 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Nagai Y, Ueno S, Saeki Y, Soga F, Hirano M, Yanagihara T. Decrease of the D3 dopamine receptor mRNA expression in lymphocytes from patients with Parkinson's disease. Neurology. 1996;46:791-5 pubmed..A further binding study showed reduction of the D3R binding sites in PD lymphocytes. The decrease of the D3R mRNA expression correlated with the degree of clinical severity in PD patients. ..
- Yoshida T, Imai T, Takagi S, Nishimura M, Ishikawa I, Yaoi T, et al. Structure and expression of two highly related genes encoding SCM-1/human lymphotactin. FEBS Lett. 1996;395:82-8 pubmed..The biological activities of SCM-1alpha and SCM-1beta, which have two amino acid differences at positions 7 and 8 in the mature proteins, remain to be compared. ..
- Furuyama T, Inagaki S, Kosugi A, Noda S, Saitoh S, Ogata M, et al. Identification of a novel transmembrane semaphorin expressed on lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:33376-81 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence that semaphorin is expressed on lymphocytes and suggest that semaphorins may play an important role in the immune system, as well as in the nervous system. ..
- Saito Y, Ishii Y, Hayashi H, Imao Y, Akashi T, Yoshikawa K, et al. Cloning of genes coding for L-sorbose and L-sorbosone dehydrogenases from Gluconobacter oxydans and microbial production of 2-keto-L-gulonate, a precursor of L-ascorbic acid, in a recombinant G. oxydans strain. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1997;63:454-60 pubmed..coli tufB resulted in improving the production of 2-KLGA. Consequently, high-level production from D-sorbitol to 2-KLGA (130 mg/ml) was achieved by simple fermentation of the recombinant Gluconobacter...
- Tanaka S, Sakurai H, Sugiura M, Kawashima K, Sugita T. Domon L, an immunopotentiating agent, acts as an NF-kappaB activator. J Vet Med Sci. 1997;59:575-9 pubmed..The spleen cells of rats treated with Domon L produced much more NO when stimulated with LPS + IFN gamma than spleen cells of untreated rats. These results suggest that Domon L acts as an anti-infectious agent via NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Kashimoto T, Katahira J, Cornejo W, Masuda M, Fukuoh A, Matsuzawa T, et al. Identification of functional domains of Bordetella dermonecrotizing toxin. Infect Immun. 1999;67:3727-32 pubmed..Our finding that DNT consists of an N-terminal receptor-binding and/or internalizing domain and a C-terminal catalytically active domain may facilitate analysis of the overall action of the toxin on the mammalian target cells...
- Koga M, Tanaka H, Yomogida K, Nozaki M, Tsuchida J, Ohta H, et al. Isolation and characterization of a haploid germ cell-specific novel complementary deoxyribonucleic acid; testis-specific homologue of succinyl CoA:3-Oxo acid CoA transferase. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:1601-9 pubmed..It was also detected in the midpiece of spermatozoa by immunohistochemistry. The results suggest that the scot-t protein plays important roles in the energy metabolism of spermatozoa. ..
- Kasai S, Yamazaki T. Identification of the cobalamin-dependent methionine synthase gene, metH, in Vibrio fischeri ATCC 7744 by sequencing using genomic DNA as a template. Gene. 2001;264:281-8 pubmed..coli metH or Salmonella typhimurium metH. It was shown that nucleotide sequences, even long ones, can be determined without a cloning step, if only parts of the DNA fragment to be sequenced are amplified by PCR. ..
- Tanaka S, Tatsumi K, Okubo K, Itoh K, Kawamoto S, Matsubara K, et al. Expression profile of active genes in the human pituitary gland. J Mol Endocrinol. 2002;28:33-44 pubmed..This expression profile method is a novel approach to the isolation of pituitary-specific genes that may have important functions. ..
- Abe N, Takami K, Kimata I, Iseki M. Molecular characterization of a Cryptosporidium isolate from a banded mongoose Mungos mungo. J Parasitol. 2004;90:167-71 pubmed..Analyses showed that the mongoose isolate represents a new genotype, closely related to that of bears. ..
- Nagamori I, Yabuta N, Fujii T, Tanaka H, Yomogida K, Nishimune Y, et al. Tisp40, a spermatid specific bZip transcription factor, functions by binding to the unfolded protein response element via the Rip pathway. Genes Cells. 2005;10:575-94 pubmed..These observations unveil a novel event in mouse spermiogenesis and show that the final stage of transcriptional regulation is controlled by the Rip pathway. ..
- Takahata C, Miyoshi Y, Irahara N, Taguchi T, Tamaki Y, Noguchi S. Demonstration of adiponectin receptors 1 and 2 mRNA expression in human breast cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2007;250:229-36 pubmed
- Matsui K, Yoshinami S, Narita M, Chien M, Phung L, Silver S, et al. Mercury resistance transposons in Bacilli strains from different geographical regions. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2016;363:fnw013 pubmed publisher..Identification of Tn6294 in Bacillus sp. from Taiwan and in Paenibacillus sp. from Antarctica indicates the wide horizontal dissemination of TnMERI1-like transposons across bacterial species and geographical barriers. ..
- Takamatsu H, Kodama T, Nakayama T, Watabe K. Characterization of the yrbA gene of Bacillus subtilis, involved in resistance and germination of spores. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:4986-94 pubmed..These results suggest that YrbA is involved in assembly of some coat proteins which have roles in both spore lysozyme resistance and germination. ..
- Ijichi H, Tanaka T, Nakamura T, Yagi H, Hakuba A, Sato M. Molecular cloning and characterization of a human homologue of TBPIP, a BRCA1 locus-related gene. Gene. 2000;248:99-107 pubmed
- Ooe N, Saito K, Mikami N, Nakatuka I, Kaneko H. Identification of a novel basic helix-loop-helix-PAS factor, NXF, reveals a Sim2 competitive, positive regulatory role in dendritic-cytoskeleton modulator drebrin gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:608-16 pubmed
- Javadi F, Tun Y, Kawase M, Guan K, Yamaguchi H. Molecular phylogeny of the subgenus Ceratotropis (genus Vigna, Leguminosae) reveals three eco-geographical groups and Late Pliocene-Pleistocene diversification: evidence from four plastid DNA region sequences. Ann Bot. 2011;108:367-80 pubmed publisher..The phylogenetic results indicate that the epigeal germination is plesiomorphic, and the germination type evolved independently multiple times in this subgenus, implying its limited taxonomic utility. ..
- Brukman N, Miyata H, Torres P, Lombardo D, Caramelo J, Ikawa M, et al. Fertilization defects in sperm from Cysteine-rich secretory protein 2 (Crisp2) knockout mice: implications for fertility disorders. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:240-51 pubmed publisher..S.C. and by the MEXT of Japan to M.I. The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest. ..
- Watanabe T, Miyashita K, Saito T, Yoneki T, Kakihara Y, Nabeshima K, et al. Comprehensive isolation of meiosis-specific genes identifies novel proteins and unusual non-coding transcripts in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:2327-37 pubmed
- Zhang J, Yamada O, Matsushita Y, Chagan Yasutan H, Hattori T. Transactivation of human osteopontin promoter by human T-cell leukemia virus type 1-encoded Tax protein. Leuk Res. 2010;34:763-8 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that OPN is one of the downstream mediators of aberrantly activated PI3K/AKT signaling by Tax, which may partially contribute to HTLV-1-associated leukemogenesis. ..
- Hidaka K, Morisaki T, Byun S, Hashido K, Toyama K, Mukai T. The MEF2B homologue differentially expressed in mouse embryonal carcinoma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;213:555-60 pubmed
- Uyeda A, Inuzuka C, Doi Y, Kido S, Kikuchi M. Cloning and sequencing of hen magnum cDNAs encoding vitelline membrane outer layer protein I (VMO-I). Gene. 1994;144:311-2 pubmed..Northern blot analysis using vmo-I cDNA as a probe showed the presence of three mRNA species. Strikingly, expression of these mRNAs was restricted to a specific region of the hen oviduct, the area joining the infundibulum to the magnum. ..
- Nagao T, Shimada Y, Sugihara A, Tominaga Y. Cloning and sequencing of two chromosomal lipase genes from Geotrichum candidum. J Biochem. 1993;113:776-80 pubmed..There were two inverted repeat sequences and a pyrimidine-rich sequence in the 5'-flanking region of lip2, but not in the 5'-flanking region of lip1. This specific structure of lip2 might reflect the higher transcriptional efficiency. ..
- Gondou A, Toyoda N, Nishikawa M, Tabata S, Yonemoto T, Ogawa Y, et al. Induction of type 2 deiodinase activity by cyclic guanosine 3',5'-monophosphate in cultured rat glial cells. Thyroid. 1998;8:615-22 pubmed..Our data suggest that cGMP induces rat D2 activity, at least in part, at the pretranslational level, and that ANP and CNP increase D2 activity most likely via their guanylate cyclase-linked receptors in rat glial cells. ..
- Nakatsuka K, Nishizawa Y, Ralston S. Phenotypic characterization of early onset Paget's disease of bone caused by a 27-bp duplication in the TNFRSF11A gene. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:1381-5 pubmed..A particularly striking feature was involvement of the mandible and maxilla, but it remains to be seen if this is a specific feature of the 75dup27 mutation until further kindreds with this mutation are reported. ..
- Matsumine A, Senda T, Baeg G, Roy B, Nakamura Y, Noda M, et al. MCC, a cytoplasmic protein that blocks cell cycle progression from the G0/G1 to S phase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:10341-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the MCC protein may play a role in the signaling pathway negatively regulating cell cycle progression. ..
- Yanaka N, Kotera J, Ohtsuka A, Akatsuka H, Imai Y, Michibata H, et al. Expression, structure and chromosomal localization of the human cGMP-binding cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE5A gene. Eur J Biochem. 1998;255:391-9 pubmed..In particular, the evolutionary relatedness of these genes was suggested in the catalytic domain. Furthermore, chromosomal location of the PDE5A gene was defined as being chromosome 4q26 by fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis. ..
- Takamatsu H, Kodama T, Imamura A, Asai K, Kobayashi K, Nakayama T, et al. The Bacillus subtilis yabG gene is transcribed by SigK RNA polymerase during sporulation, and yabG mutant spores have altered coat protein composition. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:1883-8 pubmed..These results indicate that yabG encodes a sporulation-specific protein which is involved in coat protein composition in B. subtilis. ..
- Inoue N, Fukui A, Nomura M, Matsumoto M, Nishizawa Y, Toyoshima K, et al. A novel chicken membrane-associated complement regulatory protein: molecular cloning and functional characterization. J Immunol. 2001;166:424-31 pubmed..These results suggested that even in nonmammals a C regulatory membrane protein with ubiquitous tissue distribution should be a prerequisite for protection of host cells from homologous C attack. ..
- Ikenishi K, Nishiumi F, Komiya T. The Xdsg protein in presumptive primordial germ cells (pPGCs) is essential to their differentiation into PGCs in Xenopus. Dev Biol. 2006;297:483-92 pubmed..Consequently, the Xdsg protein in pPGCs may play an important role in the formation of PGCs by regulating the production of XVLG1 protein. ..
- Canbay E, Kahraman O, Bugra D, Caykara B, Seyhan M, Bulut T, et al. Increased gastric cancer risk with PTEN IVS4 polymorphism in a Turkish population. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2013;17:249-53 pubmed publisher..Further studies, including comparison of the PTEN IVS4 polymorphism with plasma and tissue expressions of PTEN in larger study size groups will provide a further assessment of the PTEN IVS4 polymorphism in GC patients. ..
- Okumura K, Takagi S, Sakaguchi G, Naito K, Minoura Tada N, Kobayashi H, et al. Autoantigen Ku protein is involved in DNA binding proteins which recognize the U5 repressive element of human T-cell leukemia virus type I long terminal repeat. FEBS Lett. 1994;356:94-100 pubmed..As Ku is known to be involved in transcriptional regulation, the specific interaction of Ku with U5RE raises intriguing possibilities for its function in HTLV-I basal transcriptional repression. ..
- Houtani T, Nishi M, Takeshima H, Nukada T, Sugimoto T. Structure and regional distribution of nociceptin/orphanin FQ precursor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;219:714-9 pubmed..In situ hybridization analysis of nociceptin precursor mRNA in the mouse central nervous system revealed that it is highly expressed in discrete neuronal sites with the pattern distinct from those of opioid peptides. ..
- Nakatani T, Suzuki Y, Yamamoto T, Sinohara H. Molecular cloning and sequencing of cDNAs encoding three heavy-chain precursors of the inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor in Syrian hamster: implications for the evolution of the inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor heavy chain family. J Biochem. 1997;122:71-82 pubmed
- Suzuki N, Ishizaki J, Yokota Y, Higashino K, Ono T, Ikeda M, et al. Structures, enzymatic properties, and expression of novel human and mouse secretory phospholipase A(2)s. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5785-93 pubmed..These findings suggest a distinct functional role of novel sPLA(2)-IIE in the progression of inflammatory processes. ..