Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Cai W, Okuda K, Peng L, Shikanai T. PROTON GRADIENT REGULATION 3 recognizes multiple targets with limited similarity and mediates translation and RNA stabilization in plastids. Plant J. 2011;67:318-27 pubmed publisher..Our results fully support the model in which PGR3 recognizes two target sequences and is involved in multiple functions, i.e. stabilizing RNA and activating translation. ..
- Oka Y, Matsushita T, Mochizuki N, Quail P, Nagatani A. Mutant screen distinguishes between residues necessary for light-signal perception and signal transfer by phytochrome B. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000158 pubmed publisher..Alignment with the recently described three-dimensional structure of the PAS-GAF domain of a bacterial phytochrome suggests that these four mutations reside in the vicinity of the phytochrome light-sensing knot. ..
- Peng L, Fukao Y, Fujiwara M, Takami T, Shikanai T. Efficient operation of NAD(P)H dehydrogenase requires supercomplex formation with photosystem I via minor LHCI in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3623-40 pubmed publisher..We conclude that chloroplast NDH became equipped with the novel subcomplexes and became associated with PSI during the evolution of land plants, and this process may have facilitated the efficient operation of NDH. ..
- Hiruma K, Nishiuchi T, Kato T, Bednarek P, Okuno T, Schulze Lefert P, et al. Arabidopsis ENHANCED DISEASE RESISTANCE 1 is required for pathogen-induced expression of plant defensins in nonhost resistance, and acts through interference of MYC2-mediated repressor function. Plant J. 2011;67:980-92 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that EDR1 exerts a positive and critical role in resistance responses to hemibiotrophic/necrotrophic fungi, in part by inducing antifungal protein expression through derepression of MYC2 function. ..
- Yamaguchi A, Kobayashi Y, Goto K, Abe M, Araki T. TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF) acts as a floral pathway integrator redundantly with FT. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1175-89 pubmed..We propose that the phloem is the site where multiple regulatory pathways are integrated at the transcriptional regulation of FT and TSF. ..
- Yasui Y, Mukougawa K, Uemoto M, Yokofuji A, Suzuri R, Nishitani A, et al. The phytochrome-interacting vascular plant one-zinc finger1 and VOZ2 redundantly regulate flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3248-63 pubmed..We propose that partial translocation of VOZ proteins from the cytoplasm to the nucleus mediates the initial step of the phyB signal transduction pathway that regulates flowering. ..
- Suwastika I, Uemura T, Shiina T, Sato M, Takeyasu K. SYP71, a plant-specific Qc-SNARE protein, reveals dual localization to the plasma membrane and the endoplasmic reticulum in Arabidopsis. Cell Struct Funct. 2008;33:185-92 pubmed..We also found that SYP71 is localized to the endoplasmic reticulum in the dividing cells of various types of tissues. ..
- Shirakawa M, Ueda H, Shimada T, Koumoto Y, Shimada T, Kondo M, et al. Arabidopsis Qa-SNARE SYP2 proteins localized to different subcellular regions function redundantly in vacuolar protein sorting and plant development. Plant J. 2010;64:924-35 pubmed publisher..Thus, SYP2 proteins, including cytosolic SYP23/PLP, appear to function redundantly in vacuolar trafficking and plant development. ..
- Peng L, Fukao Y, Fujiwara M, Shikanai T. Multistep assembly of chloroplast NADH dehydrogenase-like subcomplex A requires several nucleus-encoded proteins, including CRR41 and CRR42, in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:202-14 pubmed publisher..CRR1, CRR6, and CRR42 are involved in this process. CRR7 is likely to be involved in the final step, in which the fully assembled NAI, including NdhN, is inserted into thylakoids. ..
- Tamura K, Hara Nishimura I. The molecular architecture of the plant nuclear pore complex. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:823-32 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge regarding the plant NPC proteome and address structural and functional aspects of plant nucleoporins, which support the fundamental cellular machinery. ..
- Tamai H, Iwabuchi M, Meshi T. Arabidopsis GARP transcriptional activators interact with the Pro-rich activation domain shared by G-box-binding bZIP factors. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:99-107 pubmed..GPRI1 and GPRI2 may function in some promoters in concert with a GBF through interaction with its Pro-rich region to enhance the transcriptional level of the corresponding genes. ..
- Shimada C, Lipka V, O Connell R, Okuno T, Schulze Lefert P, Takano Y. Nonhost resistance in Arabidopsis-Colletotrichum interactions acts at the cell periphery and requires actin filament function. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2006;19:270-9 pubmed..Interestingly, the incidence of papilla formation at entry sites was greatly reduced in interactions with C. higginsianum isolates, indicating that this adapted pathogen may suppress preinvasion resistance at the cell periphery. ..
- Kozuka T, Kong S, Doi M, Shimazaki K, Nagatani A. Tissue-autonomous promotion of palisade cell development by phototropin 2 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3684-95 pubmed publisher..Hence, in response to blue light, PHOT2 promotes the development of cylindrical palisade cells along a predetermined axis in a tissue-autonomous manner. ..
- Tsunoyama Y, Morikawa K, Shiina T, Toyoshima Y. Blue light specific and differential expression of a plastid sigma factor, Sig5 in Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Lett. 2002;516:225-8 pubmed..The blue light specificity was not observed in the accumulations of remaining five SIG genes. The blue light dependency of the SIG5 expression well explains the light-dependent behavior of the psbD BLRP. ..
- Nakamura M, Satoh T, Tanaka S, Mochizuki N, Yokota T, Nagatani A. Activation of the cytochrome P450 gene, CYP72C1, reduces the levels of active brassinosteroids in vivo. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:833-40 pubmed..Expression analysis suggested that wild-type CYP72C1 transcript levels increased after exposure to white light, although the physiological significance of such a response remains obscure. ..
- Nagano A, Matsushima R, Hara Nishimura I. Activation of an ER-body-localized beta-glucosidase via a cytosolic binding partner in damaged tissues of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1140-8 pubmed..PBP1 may act like a molecular chaperone that facilitates the correct polymerization of PYK10, when tissues are damaged and subcellular structures are destroyed by pests. ..
- Ishihara S, Takabayashi A, Ido K, Endo T, Ifuku K, Sato F. Distinct functions for the two PsbP-like proteins PPL1 and PPL2 in the chloroplast thylakoid lumen of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:668-79 pubmed
- Peng L, Shimizu H, Shikanai T. The chloroplast NAD(P)H dehydrogenase complex interacts with photosystem I in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34873-9 pubmed publisher..Although the NDH complex exists as a monomer in etioplasts, it interacts with PSI to form a supercomplex within 48 h during chloroplast development. ..
- Yoshida Y, Sano R, Wada T, Takabayashi J, Okada K. Jasmonic acid control of GLABRA3 links inducible defense and trichome patterning in Arabidopsis. Development. 2009;136:1039-48 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that GL3 is a key transcription factor of wound-induced trichome formation acting downstream of JA signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- Toyokura K, Watanabe K, Oiwaka A, Kusano M, Tameshige T, Tatematsu K, et al. Succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase is involved in the robust patterning of Arabidopsis leaves along the adaxial-abaxial axis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:1340-53 pubmed publisher..We suggest that a GABA shunt metabolite, SSA or its close derivatives, is involved in the robust leaf patterning and structure along the adaxial-abaxial axis. ..
- Takeda S, Iwasaki A, Matsumoto N, Uemura T, Tatematsu K, Okada K. Physical interaction of floral organs controls petal morphogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:1242-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the FOP1/WSD11 products synthesized in the petal epidermis may act as a lubricant, enabling uninhibited growth of the petals as they extend between the sepals and the anthers. ..
- Li R, Li J, Li S, Qin G, Novak O, Pencík A, et al. ADP1 affects plant architecture by regulating local auxin biosynthesis. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1003954 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that ADP1-mediated regulation of the local auxin level in meristematic regions is an essential determinant for plant architecture maintenance by restraining the outgrowth of lateral organs. ..
- Narusaka M, Toyoda K, Shiraishi T, Iuchi S, Takano Y, Shirasu K, et al. Leucine zipper motif in RRS1 is crucial for the regulation of Arabidopsis dual resistance protein complex RPS4/RRS1. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18702 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we suggest that the RRS1-LZ motif is crucial for the regulation of the RPS4/RRS1 complex. ..
- Mitsuda N, Hisabori T, Takeyasu K, Sato M. VOZ; isolation and characterization of novel vascular plant transcription factors with a one-zinc finger from Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:845-54 pubmed..From highly the conservative nature among all identified VOZ proteins, we conclude that Domain-B is responsible for the DNA binding and dimerization of all VOZ-family proteins and designate it as the VOZ-domain. ..
- Kong S, Suzuki T, Tamura K, Mochizuki N, Hara Nishimura I, Nagatani A. Blue light-induced association of phototropin 2 with the Golgi apparatus. Plant J. 2006;45:994-1005 pubmed..The BL-induced Golgi localization of phot2 may be one of important signaling steps in the phot2 signal transduction pathway. ..
- Shimada T, Koumoto Y, Li L, Yamazaki M, Kondo M, Nishimura M, et al. AtVPS29, a putative component of a retromer complex, is required for the efficient sorting of seed storage proteins. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:1187-94 pubmed..The mag1 mutant exhibits a dwarf phenotype. A plant retromer complex plays a significant role in plant growth and development. ..
- Li L, Shimada T, Takahashi H, Ueda H, Fukao Y, Kondo M, et al. MAIGO2 is involved in exit of seed storage proteins from the endoplasmic reticulum in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2006;18:3535-47 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that MAG2 functions in the transport of storage protein precursors between the ER and Golgi complex in plants...
- Yabuta S, Ifuku K, Takabayashi A, Ishihara S, Ido K, Ishikawa N, et al. Three PsbQ-like proteins are required for the function of the chloroplast NAD(P)H dehydrogenase complex in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:866-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that seed plants that have NDH activity in chloroplasts specifically developed three PQL proteins for the function of the chloroplast NDH complex. ..
- Kozuka T, Suetsugu N, Wada M, Nagatani A. Antagonistic regulation of leaf flattening by phytochrome B and phototropin in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:69-79 pubmed publisher..The present study provides new insights into a mechanism in which leaf flatness is regulated in response to different light environmental cues. ..
- Nishikawa Y, Yamamoto H, Okegawa Y, Wada S, Sato N, Taira Y, et al. PGR5-dependent cyclic electron transport around PSI contributes to the redox homeostasis in chloroplasts rather than CO(2) fixation and biomass production in rice. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:2117-26 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CO(2) fixation and growth rate are very robust in the face of alterations in the fundamental reactions of photosynthesis under constant light conditions in rice. ..
- Sakai T, Kagawa T, Kasahara M, Swartz T, Christie J, Briggs W, et al. Arabidopsis nph1 and npl1: blue light receptors that mediate both phototropism and chloroplast relocation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:6969-74 pubmed..Our findings therefore indicate that nph1 and npl1 show partially overlapping functions in two different responses, phototropism and chloroplast relocation, in a fluence rate-dependent manner. ..
- Nomura H, Komori T, Kobori M, Nakahira Y, Shiina T. Evidence for chloroplast control of external Ca2+-induced cytosolic Ca2+ transients and stomatal closure. Plant J. 2008;53:988-98 pubmed..Our results suggest that thylakoid membrane-localized CAS is essential for [Ca(2+)](ext)-induced [Ca(2+)](cyt) transients and stomatal closure. ..
- Ishikawa N, Takabayashi A, Ishida S, Hano Y, Endo T, Sato F. NDF6: a thylakoid protein specific to terrestrial plants is essential for activity of chloroplastic NAD(P)H dehydrogenase in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:1066-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NDF6 is a novel subunit of chloroplastic NDH that was added to terrestrial plants during evolution. ..
- Yagi N, Takeda S, Matsumoto N, Okada K. VAJ/GFA1/CLO is involved in the directional control of floral organ growth. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:515-27 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that VAJ/GFA1/CLO has a novel role in the directional control of floral organ growth in Arabidopsis, possibly acting through pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Tsugeki R, Ditengou F, Sumi Y, Teale W, Palme K, Okada K. NO VEIN mediates auxin-dependent specification and patterning in the Arabidopsis embryo, shoot, and root. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3133-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that NOV mediates the acquisition of competence to undergo auxin-dependent coordinated cell specification and patterning, thereby eliciting context-dependent auxin-mediated developmental responses...
- Kobayashi M, Kouzu N, Inami A, Toyooka K, Konishi Y, Matsuoka K, et al. Characterization of Arabidopsis CTP:3-deoxy-D-manno-2-octulosonate cytidylyltransferase (CMP-KDO synthetase), the enzyme that activates KDO during rhamnogalacturonan II biosynthesis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:1832-43 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that KDO is an indispensable component of RG-II, and that the complete B-RG-II complex is essential for the cell wall integrity of rapidly growing tissues. ..
- Nomura H, Komori T, Uemura S, Kanda Y, Shimotani K, Nakai K, et al. Chloroplast-mediated activation of plant immune signalling in Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2012;3:926 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals a previously unknown chloroplast-mediated signalling pathway linking chloroplasts to cytoplasmic-nuclear immune responses...
- Nishimura T, Wada T, Yamamoto K, Okada K. The Arabidopsis STV1 protein, responsible for translation reinitiation, is required for auxin-mediated gynoecium patterning. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2940-53 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that perturbation of translation reinitiation of the ARF transcripts causes the defects in gynoecium patterning observed in the stv1 mutant. ..
- Shikanai T, Okuda K. In vitro RNA-binding assay for studying trans-factors for RNA editing in chloroplasts. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;774:199-208 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we describe methods for the expression of recombinant PPR proteins in Escherichia coli, preparation of probe RNAs, and RNA gel shift assays. These methods can also be utilized for other RNA-binding proteins. ..
- Shirakawa M, Ueda H, Shimada T, Hara Nishimura I. Myrosin cells are differentiated directly from ground meristem cells and are developmentally independent of the vasculature in Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Signal Behav. 2016;11:e1150403 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the shape of myrosin-positive cells was different from the shape of vascular precursor-positive cells. These results indicate that myosin cells develop independently of the vasculature. ..
- Sawa S, Ito T, Shimura Y, Okada K. FILAMENTOUS FLOWER controls the formation and development of arabidopsis inflorescences and floral meristems. Plant Cell. 1999;11:69-86 pubmed..The FIL gene also may be involved in the cell fate determination of floral organ primordia, possibly by controlling the spatial expression patterns of the class A and C floral organ identity genes. ..
- Terasaka K, Blakeslee J, Titapiwatanakun B, Peer W, Bandyopadhyay A, Makam S, et al. PGP4, an ATP binding cassette P-glycoprotein, catalyzes auxin transport in Arabidopsis thaliana roots. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2922-39 pubmed..These results indicate that PGP4 functions primarily in the uptake of redirected or newly synthesized auxin in epidermal root cells...
- Ikeda Y, Kobayashi Y, Yamaguchi A, Abe M, Araki T. Molecular basis of late-flowering phenotype caused by dominant epi-alleles of the FWA locus in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:205-20 pubmed..Through tissue-specific ectopic expression of FWA, further support for the shoot apex being the site of action of FT protein was provided. ..
- Takahashi H, Tamura K, Takagi J, Koumoto Y, Hara Nishimura I, Shimada T. MAG4/Atp115 is a golgi-localized tethering factor that mediates efficient anterograde transport in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2010;51:1777-87 pubmed publisher..In addition, the mag4 mutant exhibits a dwarf phenotype, suggesting that MAG4 is involved in both the transport of storage proteins and in plant growth and development. ..
- Uematsu K, Suzuki N, Iwamae T, Inui M, Yukawa H. Increased fructose 1,6-bisphosphate aldolase in plastids enhances growth and photosynthesis of tobacco plants. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:3001-9 pubmed publisher..It was concluded that increased photosynthetic rate was responsible for enhanced growth and biomass yields of aldolase-overexpressing plants...
- Hiraoka K, Yamaguchi A, Abe M, Araki T. The florigen genes FT and TSF modulate lateral shoot outgrowth in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:352-68 pubmed publisher..Together, we propose that the two florigen genes are an important key to linking the floral transition and lateral shoot development to maximize the reproductive success of a plant. ..
- Yamaoka S, Shimono Y, Shirakawa M, Fukao Y, Kawase T, Hatsugai N, et al. Identification and dynamics of Arabidopsis adaptor protein-2 complex and its involvement in floral organ development. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2958-69 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a molecular basis for understanding AP-2-dependent endocytic pathways in plants and their roles in floral organ development and plant reproduction. ..
- Dietrich D, Pang L, Kobayashi A, Fozard J, Boudolf V, Bhosale R, et al. Root hydrotropism is controlled via a cortex-specific growth mechanism. Nat Plants. 2017;3:17057 pubmed publisher..In addition, unlike its role in root gravitropism, the elongation zone performs a dual function during a hydrotropic response, both sensing a water potential gradient and subsequently undergoing differential growth. ..
- Niwa M, Daimon Y, Kurotani K, Higo A, Pruneda Paz J, Breton G, et al. BRANCHED1 interacts with FLOWERING LOCUS T to repress the floral transition of the axillary meristems in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1228-42 pubmed publisher..These results taken together suggest that BRC1 protein interacts with FT and TSF proteins and modulates florigen activity in the axillary buds to prevent premature floral transition of the AMs. ..
- Oyama T, Shimura Y, Okada K. The IRE gene encodes a protein kinase homologue and modulates root hair growth in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2002;30:289-99 pubmed..GUS activity was also detected in pollen grains, which develop by tip growth, suggesting that IRE has a common role in the tip growth of plant cells. ..
- Nakano R, Matsushima R, Ueda H, Tamura K, Shimada T, Li L, et al. GNOM-LIKE1/ERMO1 and SEC24a/ERMO2 are required for maintenance of endoplasmic reticulum morphology in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3672-85 pubmed publisher..Our findings, however, suggest that GNL1/ERMO1 and SEC24a/ERMO2 have a novel function in ER morphology in higher plants. ..
- Nakasone Y, Zikihara K, Tokutomi S, Terazima M. Kinetics of conformational changes of the FKF1-LOV domain upon photoexcitation. Biophys J. 2010;99:3831-9 pubmed publisher..This result indicates that the conformational change in the loop region represents a major change in the FKF1-LOV photoreaction. ..
- Kondoh M, Shiraishi C, Müller P, Ahmad M, Hitomi K, Getzoff E, et al. Light-induced conformational changes in full-length Arabidopsis thaliana cryptochrome. J Mol Biol. 2011;413:128-37 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we demonstrate that the transient grating technique provides a powerful method for the direct observation and understanding of photoreceptor dynamics. ..
- Fujii S, Sato N, Shikanai T. Mutagenesis of individual pentatricopeptide repeat motifs affects RNA binding activity and reveals functional partitioning of Arabidopsis PROTON gradient regulation3. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3079-88 pubmed publisher..We also clarified that the 14th amino acid of the 12th PPR should be positively charged to make the PPR functionally active. Our finding opens up the possibility of selectively manipulating the functions of PPR proteins. ..
- Tajima Y, Iwakawa H, Hyodo K, Kaido M, Mise K, Okuno T. Requirement for eukaryotic translation initiation factors in cap-independent translation differs between bipartite genomic RNAs of red clover necrotic mosaic virus. Virology. 2017;509:152-158 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that RCNMV uses different eIF complexes for translation of its bipartite genomic RNAs, which may contribute to fine-tuning viral gene expression during infection. ..
- Sakamoto H, Araki T, Meshi T, Iwabuchi M. Expression of a subset of the Arabidopsis Cys(2)/His(2)-type zinc-finger protein gene family under water stress. Gene. 2000;248:23-32 pubmed..These results suggest that AZF1, AZF2, AZF3, and STZ are all involved in the water-stress response in an ABA-dependent or -independent pathway to regulate downstream genes. ..
- Morikawa K, Shiina T, Murakami S, Toyoshima Y. Novel nuclear-encoded proteins interacting with a plastid sigma factor, Sig1, in Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Lett. 2002;514:300-4 pubmed..The expression of sibI was tissue specific, light dependent, and developmentally timed. We suggest the transcriptional regulation by sigma factor binding proteins to function in the plastids of higher plant. ..
- Watanabe E, Shimada T, Tamura K, Matsushima R, Koumoto Y, Nishimura M, et al. An ER-localized form of PV72, a seed-specific vacuolar sorting receptor, interferes the transport of an NPIR-containing proteinase in Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:9-17 pubmed..The overall results suggest that vacuolar sorting receptors for the protein storage vacuoles and the lytic vacuoles share the similar recognition mechanism for a vacuolar targeting signal. ..
- Endo M, Nakamura S, Araki T, Mochizuki N, Nagatani A. Phytochrome B in the mesophyll delays flowering by suppressing FLOWERING LOCUS T expression in Arabidopsis vascular bundles. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1941-52 pubmed..Hence, a novel intertissue signaling from mesophyll to vascular bundles is revealed as a critical step for the regulation of flowering by phyB. ..
- Koyama T, Sato F, Ohme Takagi M. A role of TCP1 in the longitudinal elongation of leaves in Arabidopsis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:2145-7 pubmed..We found that the promoter of TCP1 was active in the cotyledonary petioles and the distal part of the expanding leaves, as well as the midrib region and the petiole. ..
- Hiruma K, Takano Y. Roles of EDR1 in non-host resistance of Arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1831-3 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that EDR1 exerts a critical role in non-host resistance, in part by inducing antifungal peptide expression via interference in MYC2-mediated repressor function. ..
- Tameshige T, Fujita H, Watanabe K, Toyokura K, Kondo M, Tatematsu K, et al. Pattern dynamics in adaxial-abaxial specific gene expression are modulated by a plastid retrograde signal during Arabidopsis thaliana leaf development. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003655 pubmed publisher..These findings advance our understanding on the molecular mechanism linking the plastid function to the leaf morphogenic processes. ..
- Yoshiyama K, Kimura S, Maki H, Britt A, Umeda M. The role of SOG1, a plant-specific transcriptional regulator, in the DNA damage response. Plant Signal Behav. 2014;9:e28889 pubmed..We suggest that plants acquired the central transcriptional factor SOG1 as a functional homolog of p53 during the evolution of their DDR system...
- Okamoto K, Ueda H, Shimada T, Tamura K, Koumoto Y, Tasaka M, et al. An ABC transporter B family protein, ABCB19, is required for cytoplasmic streaming and gravitropism of the inflorescence stems. Plant Signal Behav. 2016;11:e1010947 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ABCB19-mediated auxin transport plays a role not only in tropism regulation, but also in cytoplasmic streaming. ..
- Miyashita N. Trimorphic DNA variation in the receptor-like protein kinase gene in the F18L15-130 region of the wild plant Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes Genet Syst. 2003;78:221-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the receptor-like protein kinase gene in this region is functional. Possible causes for the trimorphic pattern of DNA polymorphism was discussed...
- Kong S, Kagawa T, Wada M, Nagatani A. A C-terminal membrane association domain of phototropin 2 is necessary for chloroplast movement. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:57-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that a small part of the C-terminal domain of phototropins is necessary not only for membrane association but also for the physiological activities that elicit phototropin-specific responses. ..
- Kawabe A, Miyashita N. DNA variation in the acidic chitinase locus (ChiA) region in Arabis gemmifera and its related species. Genes Genet Syst. 2002;77:167-75 pubmed..We suggest that both the mutation rate at the nucleotide level and the selective constraints at the protein level are lower in ChiA than in Adh...
- Aihara Y, Tabata R, Suzuki T, Shimazaki K, Nagatani A. Molecular basis of the functional specificities of phototropin 1 and 2. Plant J. 2008;56:364-75 pubmed publisher..Unlike the chloroplast avoidance response, chloroplast dark positioning was observed for P2G and P2n/1cG but not for P1G or P1n/2cG, suggesting that a specific structure in the N-terminal moiety of phot2 is required for this activity. ..
- Shimizu K, Ito T, Ishiguro S, Okada K. MAA3 (MAGATAMA3) helicase gene is required for female gametophyte development and pollen tube guidance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2008;49:1478-83 pubmed publisher..The MAA3 gene encodes a homolog of yeast Sen1 helicase, required for RNA metabolism. It is suggested that MAA3 may regulate RNA molecules responsible for nucleolar organization and pollen tube guidance. ..
- Imura Y, Kobayashi Y, Yamamoto S, Furutani M, Tasaka M, Abe M, et al. CRYPTIC PRECOCIOUS/MED12 is a novel flowering regulator with multiple target steps in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:287-303 pubmed publisher..Our work, taken together with recent studies of other Mediator subunit genes, supports an emerging view that the Mediator plays multiple roles in the regulation of flowering. ..
- Hyodo K, Mine A, Taniguchi T, Kaido M, Mise K, Taniguchi H, et al. ADP ribosylation factor 1 plays an essential role in the replication of a plant RNA virus. J Virol. 2013;87:163-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the replication of RCNMV depends on the host membrane traffic machinery...
- Kubota A, Ito S, Shim J, Johnson R, Song Y, Breton G, et al. TCP4-dependent induction of CONSTANS transcription requires GIGANTEA in photoperiodic flowering in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006856 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate a novel function of CIN-TCPs as photoperiodic flowering regulators, which may contribute to coordinating plant development with flowering regulation. ..
- Yamaguchi R, Nakamura M, Mochizuki N, Kay S, Nagatani A. Light-dependent translocation of a phytochrome B-GFP fusion protein to the nucleus in transgenic Arabidopsis. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:437-45 pubmed..In contrast, phyB-GFP fluorescence was observed throughout the cell in dark-grown seedlings. Therefore, phyB translocates to specific sites within the nucleus upon photoreceptor activation. ..
- Sakai T, Wada T, Ishiguro S, Okada K. RPT2. A signal transducer of the phototropic response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2000;12:225-36 pubmed..From genetic, physiological, and biochemical evidence, we propose a genetic model of the signaling pathways that induce the phototropic response in Arabidopsis. ..
- Kaya H, Shibahara K, Taoka K, Iwabuchi M, Stillman B, Araki T. FASCIATA genes for chromatin assembly factor-1 in arabidopsis maintain the cellular organization of apical meristems. Cell. 2001;104:131-42 pubmed..We suggest that CAF-1 plays a critical role in the organization of SAM and RAM during postembryonic development by facilitating stable maintenance of gene expression states. ..
- Kataoka Y, Takeichi M, Uemura T. Developmental roles and molecular characterization of a Drosophila homologue of Arabidopsis Argonaute1, the founder of a novel gene superfamily. Genes Cells. 2001;6:313-25 pubmed..Our results suggest that the dAGO1 protein exerts its developmental functions by binding to RNA either directly or indirectly. ..
- Tamura K, Shimada T, Kondo M, Nishimura M, Hara Nishimura I. KATAMARI1/MURUS3 Is a novel golgi membrane protein that is required for endomembrane organization in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1764-76 pubmed..Our results provide functional evidence that KAM1/MUR3 is a novel component of the Golgi-mediated organization of actin functioning in proper endomembrane organization and cell elongation. ..
- Takabayashi A, Ishikawa N, Obayashi T, Ishida S, Obokata J, Endo T, et al. Three novel subunits of Arabidopsis chloroplastic NAD(P)H dehydrogenase identified by bioinformatic and reverse genetic approaches. Plant J. 2009;57:207-19 pubmed publisher..NDF4 protein was predicted to possess a redox-active iron-sulfur cluster domain that may be involved in the electron transfer. ..
- Kunieda T, Mitsuda N, Ohme Takagi M, Takeda S, Aida M, Tasaka M, et al. NAC family proteins NARS1/NAC2 and NARS2/NAM in the outer integument regulate embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2631-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that there is an intertissue communication between the embryo and the maternal integument. ..
- Yamamoto H, Peng L, Fukao Y, Shikanai T. An Src homology 3 domain-like fold protein forms a ferredoxin binding site for the chloroplast NADH dehydrogenase-like complex in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1480-93 pubmed publisher..We propose that NDH functions as a PGR5-PGRL1 complex-independent Fd:plastoquinone oxidoreductase in chloroplasts and rename it the NADH dehydrogenase-like complex...
- Ishijima S, Shigemi Z, Adachi H, Makinouchi N, Sagami I. Functional reconstitution and characterization of the Arabidopsis Mg(2+) transporter AtMRS2-10 in proteoliposomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1818:2202-8 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate the functional capability of the AtMRS2 proteins in proteoliposomes to study structure-function relationships. ..
- Mochizuki N, Brusslan J, Larkin R, Nagatani A, Chory J. Arabidopsis genomes uncoupled 5 (GUN5) mutant reveals the involvement of Mg-chelatase H subunit in plastid-to-nucleus signal transduction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2053-8 pubmed..The comparison of mutant phenotypes of gun5 and another Mg-chelatase subunit (ChlI) mutant suggests a specific function for ChlH protein in the plastid-signaling pathway. ..
- Kato T, Morita M, Fukaki H, Yamauchi Y, Uehara M, Niihama M, et al. SGR2, a phospholipase-like protein, and ZIG/SGR4, a SNARE, are involved in the shoot gravitropism of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2002;14:33-46 pubmed..Our observations suggest that the two genes may be involved in a vacuolar membrane system that affects shoot gravitropism. ..
- Ishiguro S, Watanabe Y, Ito N, Nonaka H, Takeda N, Sakai T, et al. SHEPHERD is the Arabidopsis GRP94 responsible for the formation of functional CLAVATA proteins. EMBO J. 2002;21:898-908 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that the SHD protein is required for the correct folding and/or complex formation of CLV proteins. ..
- Nakaune S, Yamada K, Kondo M, Kato T, Tabata S, Nishimura M, et al. A vacuolar processing enzyme, deltaVPE, is involved in seed coat formation at the early stage of seed development. Plant Cell. 2005;17:876-87 pubmed..Our results suggest that, at the early stage of seed development, deltaVPE is involved in cell death of limited cell layers, the purpose of which is to form a seed coat. ..
- Takeda A, Tsukuda M, Mizumoto H, Okamoto K, Kaido M, Mise K, et al. A plant RNA virus suppresses RNA silencing through viral RNA replication. EMBO J. 2005;24:3147-57 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose a model in which, to replicate, RCNMV deprives the RNAi machinery of Dicer-like enzymes that are involved in both siRNA and miRNA biogenesis...
- Hatsugai N, Iwasaki S, Tamura K, Kondo M, Fuji K, Ogasawara K, et al. A novel membrane fusion-mediated plant immunity against bacterial pathogens. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2496-506 pubmed publisher..Thus, this novel defense strategy through proteasome-regulating membrane fusion of the vacuolar and plasma membranes provides plants with a mechanism for attacking intercellular bacterial pathogens. ..
- Ueda M, Matsui K, Ishiguro S, Kato T, Tabata S, Kobayashi M, et al. Arabidopsis RPT2a encoding the 26S proteasome subunit is required for various aspects of root meristem maintenance, and regulates gametogenesis redundantly with its homolog, RPT2b. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:1628-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that RPT2a and RPT2b contribute differently to the proteasome activity required for each developmental context. ..
- Isono K, Shimizu M, Yoshimoto K, Niwa Y, Satoh K, Yokota A, et al. Leaf-specifically expressed genes for polypeptides destined for chloroplasts with domains of sigma70 factors of bacterial RNA polymerases in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:14948-53 pubmed