Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Tokushima, Japan
Locale: Tokushima, Japan
Publications398 found, 100 shown here
- Tang W, Kubo M, Harada K, Hioki H, Fukuyama Y. Novel NGF-potentiating diterpenoids from a Brazilian medicinal plant, Ptychopetalum olacoides. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:882-6 pubmed publisher..1 to 50.0 microM for 1 and 0.1 to 30.0 microM for 2, whereas 3 and 4 had no morphological effect on NGF-mediated PC12 cells in the same concentration range. The structure-activity relationship of these compounds is also discussed...
- Urushihara M, Takamatsu M, Shimizu M, Kondo S, Kinoshita Y, Suga K, et al. ERK5 activation enhances mesangial cell viability and collagen matrix accumulation in rat progressive glomerulonephritis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F167-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that MC ERK5 phosphorylation by ANG II or H(2)O(2) enhances cell viability and ECM accumulation in an experimental model of chronic GN. ..
- Kishuku M, Nishioka Y, Abe S, Kishi J, Ogino H, Aono Y, et al. Expression of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 in human monocyte-derived mature dendritic cells contributes to their antiangiogenic property. J Immunol. 2009;183:8176-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that sVEGFR-1 produced by mDCs contribute to their antiangiogenic property, and the ratio of sVEGFR-1 to VEGF might be a useful tool for evaluating their ability to regulate angiogenesis mediated by VEGF. ..
- Lian G, Arimochi H, Kitamura A, Nishida J, Li S, Kishihara K, et al. Manipulation of CD98 resolves type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice. J Immunol. 2012;188:2227-34 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that strategies targeting CD98hc might have clinical application for treating T1D and other T cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. ..
- Nishisho T, Yukata K, Matsui Y, Matsuura T, Higashino K, Suganuma K, et al. Angiogenesis and myogenesis in mouse tibialis anterior muscles during distraction osteogenesis: VEGF, its receptors, and myogenin genes expression. J Orthop Res. 2012;30:1767-73 pubmed publisher..We conclude that upregulation of VEGF and its receptors by mechanical tension-stress could be involved in the process of angiogenesis and myogenesis in lengthened muscles. ..
- Mizuno D, Kimoto T, Sakai S, Takahashi E, Kim H, Kido H. Induction of systemic and mucosal immunity and maintenance of its memory against influenza A virus by nasal vaccination using a new mucosal adjuvant SF-10 derived from pulmonary surfactant in young cynomolgus monkeys. Vaccine. 2016;34:1881-8 pubmed publisher..These results in young monkey model suggest the potential of clinical use SF-10 for intranasal flu vaccine. ..
- Dondoo T, Fukumori T, Daizumoto K, Fukawa T, Kohzuki M, Kowada M, et al. Galectin-3 Is Implicated in Tumor Progression and Resistance to Anti-androgen Drug Through Regulation of Androgen Receptor Signaling in Prostate Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:125-134 pubmed..These results suggest that galectin-3 is a potential target molecule for future treatment of anti-androgen drug-resistant prostate cancer. ..
- Zaman T, Arimochi H, Maruyama S, Ishifune C, Tsukumo S, Kitamura A, et al. Notch Balances Th17 and Induced Regulatory T Cell Functions in Dendritic Cells by Regulating Aldh1a2 Expression. J Immunol. 2017;199:1989-1997 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our studies identify Notch signaling in DCs as a crucial balancer of Th17/iTreg, which depends on the direct regulation of Aldh1a2 transcription in DCs. ..
- Nakamura Y, Inoue M, Okumura Y, Shiota M, Nishikawa M, Arase S, et al. Cloning, expression analysis, and tissue distribution of esp-1/testisin, a membrane-type serine protease from the rat. J Med Invest. 2003;50:78-86 pubmed..This different distribution profile suggests that Esp-1/Testisin plays a role in species-specific proteolytic events during spermatogenesis and fertilization. ..
- Tsuji D, Itoh K. [Molecular pathogenesis and therapeutic targets of lysosomal diseases]. Seikagaku. 2007;79:678-82 pubmed
- Kawabata K, Kawai Y, Terao J. Suppressive effect of quercetin on acute stress-induced hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis response in Wistar rats. J Nutr Biochem. 2010;21:374-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that dietary quercetin attenuates the HPA axis activation by the suppression of the CRF mRNA expression. ..
- Hayashi Y, Muranaka Y, Kirimoto T, Asaka N, Miyake H, Matsuura N. Effects of MET-88, a gamma-butyrobetaine hydroxylase inhibitor, on tissue carnitine and lipid levels in rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 2000;23:770-3 pubmed..We concluded that long-term treatment with MET-88 decreased the carnitine content to a constant level in both heart and liver, but had no effect on lipid contents in the heart, although it affected lipid metabolism in the liver. ..
- Tokumura A, Sinomiya J, Kishimoto S, Tanaka T, Kogure K, Sugiura T, et al. Human platelets respond differentially to lysophosphatidic acids having a highly unsaturated fatty acyl group and alkyl ether-linked lysophosphatidic acids. Biochem J. 2002;365:617-28 pubmed..These results indicated that human platelets express acyl-LPA-selective and alkyl-LPA-selective receptors on their plasma membrane...
- Kajimoto K, Daikoku T, Yamazaki N, Terada H, Shinohara Y. Expression profiles of three isoforms of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor in brown adipose tissue of the rat. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;65:995-8 pubmed..However, different from the results of Northern analysis, the expression levels of types 1 and 2 isoforms of IP(3) receptor protein in BAT were not influenced by exposure of the animals to the cold. ..
- Tsuchida K, Nakatani M, Matsuzaki T, Yamakawa N, Liu Z, Bao Y, et al. Novel factors in regulation of activin signaling. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;225:1-8 pubmed..Thus, although structurally and functionally similar, follistatin and FLRG likely play distinct roles as activin/GDF binding proteins in vivo. ..
- Zheng R, Yano S, Matsumori Y, Nakataki E, Muguruma H, Yoshizumi M, et al. SRC tyrosine kinase inhibitor, m475271, suppresses subcutaneous growth and production of lung metastasis via inhibition of proliferation, invasion, and vascularization of human lung adenocarcinoma cells. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2005;22:195-204 pubmed..Therefore, a novel Src tyrosine kinase inhibitor, M475271, might be helpful for controlling the progression of human lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Okamoto M, Oshikawa T, Tano T, Ahmed S, Kan S, Sasai A, et al. Mechanism of anticancer host response induced by OK-432, a streptococcal preparation, mediated by phagocytosis and Toll-like receptor 4 signaling. J Immunother. 2006;29:78-86 pubmed..In this case, the amount of OK-PSA, an active component of OK-432, in the sera was also reduced by cytochalasin B. These findings elucidated the mechanism mediated by phagocytosis and TLR4 signaling in the immune effect of OK-432. ..
- Fukuyama Y, Fujii H, Minami H, Takahashi H, Kubo M. Neovibsanin F and its congeners, rearranged vibsane-type diterpenes from Viburnum suspensum. J Nat Prod. 2006;69:1098-100 pubmed
- Yasui Y, Nakamura M, Onda T, Uehara T, Murata S, Matsui N, et al. Heme oxygenase-1 inhibits cytokine production by activated mast cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;354:485-90 pubmed..The suppression of mast cell cytokine production by HO-1 may be an important aspect of the processes that lead to resolution of allergic inflammation. ..
- Nakao R, Hirasaka K, Goto J, Ishidoh K, Yamada C, Ohno A, et al. Ubiquitin ligase Cbl-b is a negative regulator for insulin-like growth factor 1 signaling during muscle atrophy caused by unloading. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4798-811 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of Cbl-b-mediated ubiquitination may be a new therapeutic strategy for unloading-mediated muscle atrophy. ..
- Tada Y, Kitazato K, Tamura T, Yagi K, Shimada K, Kinouchi T, et al. Role of mineralocorticoid receptor on experimental cerebral aneurysms in rats. Hypertension. 2009;54:552-7 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that mineralocorticoid receptor activation at least partly contributes to the pathogenesis of cerebral aneurysms. ..
- Umeyama A, Matsuoka N, Mine R, Nakata A, Arimoto E, Matsui M, et al. Polyacetylene diols with antiproliferative and driving Th1 polarization effects from the marine sponge Callyspongia sp. J Nat Med. 2010;64:93-7 pubmed publisher..5, 2.8, and 6.5 microg/ml, respectively. These metabolites induce apoptosis in HL-60 cells. Dendritic cells (DC) differentiated with 1-3 enhance the differentiation of naïve T cells towards the Th1 type...
- Ludwiczuk A, Komala I, Pham A, Bianchini J, Raharivelomanana P, Asakawa Y. Volatile components from selected Tahitian liverworts. Nat Prod Commun. 2009;4:1387-92 pubmed..Cembranes and ent-verticillanes were isolated from C. hirtellus and also detected in Jungermannia species. C. hirtellus also biosynthesizes algal components and such results may suggest that some liverworts originate from algae. ..
- Nitta T, Murata S, Sasaki K, Fujii H, Ripen A, Ishimaru N, et al. Thymoproteasome shapes immunocompetent repertoire of CD8+ T cells. Immunity. 2010;32:29-40 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that thymoproteasome-dependent self-peptide production is required for the development of an immunocompetent repertoire of CD8+ T cells. ..
- Yoshida T, Munei Y, Hitaoka S, Chuman H. Correlation analyses on binding affinity of substituted benzenesulfonamides with carbonic anhydrase using ab initio MO calculations on their complex structures. J Chem Inf Model. 2010;50:850-60 pubmed publisher..The proposed procedure was demonstrated to provide a quantitative basis for understanding a ligand-protein interaction at electronic and atomic levels. ..
- Inagaki Y, Yoshida K, Ohba H, Seto H, Kido J, Haneji T, et al. High glucose levels increase osteopontin production and pathologic calcification in rat dental pulp tissues. J Endod. 2010;36:1014-20 pubmed publisher..It was reported that amorphous calcification appeared in the dental pulp of diabetic patients. The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between OPN expression and pathologic calcification in rat diabetic pulp...
- Ochiai K, Yoshikawa Y, Oonuma T, Tomioka Y, Hashizume K, Morimatsu M. Interactions between canine RAD51 and full length or truncated BRCA2 BRC repeats. Vet J. 2011;190:293-5 pubmed publisher..These results may provide an insight into the effects of missense or truncation mutations in BRCA2 in canine tumours. ..
- Sako W, Morigaki R, Kaji R, Tooyama I, Okita S, Kitazato K, et al. Identification and localization of a neuron-specific isoform of TAF1 in rat brain: implications for neuropathology of DYT3 dystonia. Neuroscience. 2011;189:100-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the distribution of N-TAF1 protein could represent a key molecular characteristic contributing to the pattern of striatal degeneration in DYT3 dystonia. ..
- Uebanso T, Taketani Y, Yamamoto H, Amo K, Ominami H, Arai H, et al. Paradoxical regulation of human FGF21 by both fasting and feeding signals: is FGF21 a nutritional adaptation factor?. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22976 pubmed publisher..These regulatory mechanisms suggest that human FGF21 is increased with nutritional crisis, including starvation and overfeeding. ..
- el Sayed S, Abou El Magd R, Shishido Y, Chung S, Sakai T, Watanabe H, et al. D-amino acid oxidase gene therapy sensitizes glioma cells to the antiglycolytic effect of 3-bromopyruvate. Cancer Gene Ther. 2012;19:1-18 pubmed publisher..OSED treatment was safe and tolerable in SD rats. OSED therapy may be a promising therapeutic modality for glioma. ..
- Kasahara J, Uchida H, Tezuka K, Oka N. Postischemic Anhedonia Associated with Neurodegenerative Changes in the Hippocampal Dentate Gyrus of Rats. Neural Plast. 2016;2016:5054275 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study suggests new insights for the mechanistic correlation between poststroke depression and the delayed neurodegenerative changes in the hippocampal dentate gyrus with effective use of antidepressants on them. ..
- Hayashi T, Maruden A, Irimura K, Kuwata M, Morita K. [Nephrotoxicity of cefodizime sodium in rats--single and 14-day repeated intravenous administration]. J Toxicol Sci. 1988;13 Suppl 1:285-327 pubmed
- Watanabe T, Saito A, Suzuki M, Fujiwara T, Takahashi E, Slaughter C, et al. cDNA cloning and characterization of a human proteasomal modulator subunit, p27 (PSMD9). Genomics. 1998;50:241-50 pubmed..Disruption of NAS2 had no effect on cell viability, indicating that the subunit is not essential for proliferation of yeast cells. ..
- Tsuji A, Ikoma T, Hashimoto E, Matsuda Y. Development of selectivity of alpha1-antitrypsin variant by mutagenesis in its reactive site loop against proprotein convertase. A crucial role of the P4 arginine in PACE4 inhibition. Protein Eng. 2002;15:123-30 pubmed..These inhibitors will be useful tools in helping us to understand the roles of PACE4, furin and PC6. ..
- Hashimoto T, Suganuma M, Fujiki H, Yamada M, Kohno T, Asakawa Y. Isolation and synthesis of TNF-alpha release inhibitors from Fijian kawa (Piper methysticum). Phytomedicine. 2003;10:309-17 pubmed..We synthesized 5,6-dehydrokawain (1) and yangonin (4) via three steps from the dianion of ethyl acetoacetate achieving a good yield and determined their conformations by high resolution NMR and x-ray crystallographic analysis. ..
- Maekawa Y, Tsukumo S, Okada H, Kishihara K, Yasutomo K. Breakdown of peripheral T-cell tolerance by chronic interleukin-15 elevation. Transplantation. 2003;76:415-20 pubmed..This new information may be of potential use in improving tumor vaccines to self-antigens and in ameliorating autoimmune or graft-versus-host disease...
- Takahasi H, Yanagi K, Ueda M, Nakade K, Fukuyama Y. Structures of 1,4-benzodioxane derivatives from the seeds of Phytolacca americana and their neuritogenic activity in primary cultured rat cortical neurons. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2003;51:1377-81 pubmed..01-1.0 microM, whereas dicarboxilic acids 4 and 5 were found to induce neuritogenesis dose dependently at the concentrations from 0.1 microM to 10 microM...
- Kuroda N, Mitani T, Takeda N, Ishimaru N, Arakaki R, Hayashi Y, et al. Development of autoimmunity against transcriptionally unrepressed target antigen in the thymus of Aire-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2005;174:1862-70 pubmed..With the use of inbred Aire-deficient mouse strains, we also demonstrate the presence of some additional factor(s) that determine the target-organ specificity of the autoimmune disease caused by Aire deficiency. ..
- Matsui N, Nakashima H, Ushio Y, Tada T, Shirono A, Fukuyama Y, et al. Neurotrophic effect of magnolol in the hippocampal CA1 region of senescence-accelerated mice (SAMP1). Biol Pharm Bull. 2005;28:1762-5 pubmed..However, administration at 4 months of age did not result in a preventive effect. These findings suggest that the administration of magnolol before the initiation of neuronal loss may result in a protective effect in the hippocampus. ..
- Uenobe M, Kohchi C, Yoshioka N, Yuasa A, Inagawa H, Morii K, et al. Cloning and characterization of a TNF-like protein of Plecoglossus altivelis (ayu fish). Mol Immunol. 2007;44:1115-22 pubmed..Ayu recombinant TNF was shown to induce respiratory burst activity from ayu kidney. The above results indicate that ayu TNF plays an important role in phylaxis, as it does in mammals...
- Harinantenaina L, Quang D, Nishizawa T, Hashimoto T, Kohchi C, Soma G, et al. Bioactive compounds from liverworts: Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-induced inducible NOS mRNA in RAW 264.7 cells by herbertenoids and cuparenoids. Phytomedicine. 2007;14:486-91 pubmed..For 2-hydroxy-4-methoxycuparene, chosen as representative compound, the strong inhibitory activity was related to the inhibition on LPS-induced iNOS mRNA. The structure-activity relationship will be discussed...
- Kose H, Sakai T, Tsukumo S, Wei K, Yamada T, Yasutomo K, et al. Maturational arrest of thymocyte development is caused by a deletion in the receptor-like protein tyrosine phosphatase kappa gene in LEC rats. Genomics. 2007;89:673-7 pubmed..We also found that Ptprk appears to function in parallel with or downstream of Th-POK/cKrox (also known as ZBTB7B), a master regulator of T cell lineage decision. ..
- Sawada N, Taketani Y, Amizuka N, Ichikawa M, Ogawa C, Nomoto K, et al. Caveolin-1 in extracellular matrix vesicles secreted from osteoblasts. Bone. 2007;41:52-8 pubmed..These results suggest that secreted caveolin-1 as a component of matrix vesicles may play an important role in osteoblast calcification. ..
- Taketani Y, Shuto E, Arai H, Nishida Y, Tanaka R, Uebanso T, et al. Advantage of a low glycemic index and low phosphate diet on diabetic nephropathy and aging-related diseases. J Med Invest. 2007;54:359-65 pubmed..A low glycemic index and low phosphate diet may provide an advantage in the prevention of aging-related diseases in healthy individuals as well as in those with chronic kidney disease. ..
- Watanabe M, Yamamoto T, Kakuhata R, Okada N, Kajimoto K, Yamazaki N, et al. Synchronized changes in transcript levels of genes activating cold exposure-induced thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue of experimental animals. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1777:104-12 pubmed..On the contrary, several genes such as regulator of G-protein signaling 2 and IMP dehydrogenase 1 were down-regulated in the BAT of cold-exposed rats. The physiological meaning of these changes accompanying cold exposure was discussed. ..
- Ookubo M, Yokoyama H, Takagi S, Kato H, Araki T. Effects of estrogens on striatal damage after 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP) neurotoxicity in male and female mice. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;296:87-93 pubmed publisher..These findings may lead to be development of estrogen therapy for the prevention and treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Ohuchi H, Hamada A, Matsuda H, Takagi A, Tanaka M, Aoki J, et al. Expression patterns of the lysophospholipid receptor genes during mouse early development. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3280-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that multiple receptor systems for LPA/S1P lysophospholipids may be functioning during organogenesis. ..
- Das A, Mizuguchi H, Kodama M, Dev S, Umehara H, Kitamura Y, et al. Sho-seiryu-to suppresses histamine signaling at the transcriptional level in TDI-sensitized nasal allergy model rats. Allergol Int. 2009;58:81-8 pubmed publisher..SST also suppresses cytokine signaling through suppression of IL-4 and IL-5 gene expression. Suppression of histamine signaling may be a novel mechanism of SST in preventing allergic diseases. ..
- Ikuta K, Yano S, Trung V, Hanibuchi M, Goto H, Li Q, et al. E7080, a multi-tyrosine kinase inhibitor, suppresses the progression of malignant pleural mesothelioma with different proangiogenic cytokine production profiles. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:7229-37 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest broad-spectrum activity of E7080 against MPM with different proangiogenic cytokine production profiles in humans. ..
- Doi Y, Okada T, Matsumoto H, Ichihara M, Ishida T, Kiwada H. Combination therapy of metronomic S-1 dosing with oxaliplatin-containing polyethylene glycol-coated liposome improves antitumor activity in a murine colorectal tumor model. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:2470-5 pubmed publisher..The combination regimen proposed here may be a breakthrough in treatment of intractable solid tumors and an alternative to FOLFOX in advanced colorectal cancer therapy with acceptable tolerance and preservation of quality of life (QOL). ..
- Tominaga T, Abe H, Ueda O, Goto C, Nakahara K, Murakami T, et al. Activation of bone morphogenetic protein 4 signaling leads to glomerulosclerosis that mimics diabetic nephropathy. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:20109-16 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that BMP4 may act as an upstream regulatory molecule for the process of ECM accumulation in DN and thereby reveals a new aspect of the molecular mechanisms involved in DN. ..
- Terao J, Murota K, Kawai Y. Conjugated quercetin glucuronides as bioactive metabolites and precursors of aglycone in vivo. Food Funct. 2011;2:11-7 pubmed publisher..The cardiovascular system and central nervous system seem to be the major targets of conjugated quercetin glucuronides circulating in the human bloodstream. ..
- Wakimoto S, Nakayama Imaohji H, Ichimura M, Morita H, Hirakawa H, Hayashi T, et al. PhoB regulates the survival of Bacteroides fragilis in peritoneal abscesses. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53829 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PhoB plays an important role in the survival of B. fragilis under stressful extraintestinal conditions. ..
- Yamashita A, Taniwaki T, Kaikoi Y, Yamazaki T. Protective role of the endoplasmic reticulum protein mitsugumin23 against ultraviolet C-induced cell death. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1299-303 pubmed publisher..Conversely, ?BC lowered UVC sensitivity when expressed as an ER-anchored form. Taken together, the results suggest that MG23 plays a protective role against UVC by accumulating ?BC in the close vicinity of the ER. ..
- Ishimaru N, Saegusa K, Yanagi K, Haneji N, Saito I, Hayashi Y. Estrogen deficiency accelerates autoimmune exocrinopathy in murine Sjögren's syndrome through fas-mediated apoptosis. Am J Pathol. 1999;155:173-81 pubmed
- Nikawa T, Ikemoto M, Tokuoka K, Teshima S, Alpers D, Masui Y, et al. Interleukin-1beta enhances retinoic acid-mediated expression of bone-type alkaline phosphatase in rat IEC-6 cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;280:G510-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that IL-1beta may modify the ALP isozyme expression in small intestinal epithelial cells by stimulating PKC-dependent, RAR-beta- and/or RXR-beta-mediated signaling pathways...
- Ishikawa Y, Iida H, Ishida H. The muscarinic acetylcholine receptor-stimulated increase in aquaporin-5 levels in the apical plasma membrane in rat parotid acinar cells is coupled with activation of nitric oxide/cGMP signal transduction. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;61:1423-34 pubmed..These results suggest that NO/cGMP signal transduction has a crucial role in Ca(2+) homeostasis in the mAChR-stimulated increase in AQP5 levels in the APM of rat parotid glands. ..
- Siomi M, Higashijima K, Ishizuka A, Siomi H. Casein kinase II phosphorylates the fragile X mental retardation protein and modulates its biological properties. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8438-47 pubmed..These studies support the model that the biological functions of FMR1, such as regulation of gene expression, are likely regulated by its phosphorylation. ..
- Iwadate Y, Suzaki T. Ciliary reorientation is evoked by a rise in calcium level over the entire cilium. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2004;57:197-206 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that not only Ca2+ influx sites, but also Ca2+ binding sites and vectoral bending machineries for ciliary reversal, are distributed throughout the cilium. ..
- Qian Z, Sano T, Asa S, Yamada S, Horiguchi H, Tashiro T, et al. Cytoplasmic expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor-4 in human pituitary adenomas: relation to tumor type, size, proliferation, and invasiveness. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:1904-11 pubmed..Moreover, detection of FGFR4 cytoplasmic staining may provide an ancillary diagnostic tool in the diagnosis of pituitary adenoma, particularly in equivocal cases. ..
- Hayashi Y, Tsukumo S, Shiota H, Kishihara K, Yasutomo K. Antigen-specific T cell repertoire modification of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2004;172:5240-8 pubmed..In addition, these studies provide evidence that manipulation of Ag-specific T(reg) is an ideal strategy for the clinical use of T(reg). ..
- Tokuyama R, Satomura K, Maeda E, Kudoh K, Yamasaki Y, Nagayama M. Maspin is involved in bone matrix maturation by enhancing the accumulation of latent TGF-beta. J Bone Miner Res. 2007;22:1581-91 pubmed
- Ogino H, Yano S, Kakiuchi S, Muguruma H, Ikuta K, Hanibuchi M, et al. Follistatin suppresses the production of experimental multiple-organ metastasis by small cell lung cancer cells in natural killer cell-depleted SCID mice. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:660-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that FST plays a critical role in the production of multiple-organ metastasis, predominantly by inhibiting the angiogenesis. This is the first report to show the role of FST in metastases. ..
- Izawa Y, Yoshizumi M, Ishizawa K, Fujita Y, Kondo S, Kagami S, et al. Big mitogen-activated protein kinase 1 (BMK1)/extracellular signal regulated kinase 5 (ERK5) is involved in platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration. Hypertens Res. 2007;30:1107-17 pubmed publisher..From these findings, it is suggested that BMK1 activation leads to VSMC migration induced by PDGF via Gab1-SHP-2 interaction, and that BMK1-mediated VSMC migration may play a role in the pathogenesis of vascular remodeling. ..
- Sei H. Vitamin A and sleep regulation. J Med Invest. 2008;55:1-8 pubmed
- Imajo N, Kurihara D, Fukuishi N, Inukai A, Matsushita S, Noda S, et al. Lipoteichoic acid improves the capability of mast cells in the host defense system against bacteria. Inflamm Res. 2009;58:797-807 pubmed publisher..LTA increases the capability of the MC as a sentinel in the host immune response, and some bacterial components direct human MC function towards innate immunity after pathogen infection. ..
- Sumitomo Ueda Y, Aihara K, Ise T, Yoshida S, Ikeda Y, Uemoto R, et al. Heparin cofactor II protects against angiotensin II-induced cardiac remodeling via attenuation of oxidative stress in mice. Hypertension. 2010;56:430-6 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that HCII has a protective role against Ang II-induced cardiac remodeling through suppression of the NAD(P)H oxidase-transforming growth factor-beta1 pathway. ..
- Aihara K. Heparin cofactor II attenuates vascular remodeling in humans and mice. Circ J. 2010;74:1518-23 pubmed..HCII protects against vascular remodeling, including atherosclerosis, in both humans and mice, and plasma HCII activity might be a predictive biomarker and novel therapeutic target for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Shamsul Alam M. Identification of important regulatory region of Th-POK. J Med Invest. 2010;57:219-23 pubmed..These data suggest that the 22 bp element might positively regulate Th-POK expression through Erk-SAP-1 signaling. ..
- Fujishiro H, Doi M, Enomoto S, Himeno S. High sensitivity of RBL-2H3 cells to cadmium and manganese: an implication of the role of ZIP8. Metallomics. 2011;3:710-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, RBL-2H3 cells may serve as a good model for clarifying the mechanisms of Cd and Mn transport via ZIP8. ..
- Isshiki K, Matsuda S, Tsuji A, Yuasa K. cGMP-dependent protein kinase I promotes cell apoptosis through hyperactivation of death-associated protein kinase 2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;422:280-4 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of DAPK2 S299D also resulted in a twofold increase in apoptosis of human breast cancer MCF-7 cells as compared with wild-type DAPK2. These results suggest that DAPK2 is one of the targets of cGK-I in apoptosis induction. ..
- Fujiwara T, Watanabe T, Tanaka K, Slaughter C, DeMartino G. cDNA cloning of p42, a shared subunit of two proteasome regulatory proteins, reveals a novel member of the AAA protein family. FEBS Lett. 1996;387:184-8 pubmed..These results establish the identity of a new protein involved in the regulation of proteasome function and indicate that this protein is found in at least two different protein complexes. ..
- Watanabe T, Shimizu F, Nagata M, Takaichi A, Fujiwara T, Nakamura Y, et al. Cloning, expression pattern and mapping to 12p 13.2 --> p13.1 of CLAPS3, a gene encoding a novel clathrin-adaptor small chain. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;73:214-7 pubmed..Northern-blot analysis revealed expression of a 1.35-kb transcript in all human tissues examined. This gene was mapped to chromosome bands 12p13.2 --> p13.1 by FISH. ..
- Yokota K, Kagawa S, Shimizu Y, Akioka H, Tsurumi C, Noda C, et al. CDNA cloning of p112, the largest regulatory subunit of the human 26s proteasome, and functional analysis of its yeast homologue, sen3p. Mol Biol Cell. 1996;7:853-70 pubmed
- Miyamoto K, Segawa H, Ito M, Kuwahata M. Physiological regulation of renal sodium-dependent phosphate cotransporters. Jpn J Physiol. 2004;54:93-102 pubmed..Studying the mechanisms of type IIa and type IIc transporters has increased the understanding of the control of proximal tubular Pi handling and thus of overall Pi homeostasis. ..
- Horio S, Kato T, Ogawa M, Fujimoto K, Fukui H. Two threonine residues and two serine residues in the second and third intracellular loops are both involved in histamine H1 receptor downregulation. FEBS Lett. 2004;573:226-30 pubmed..Thr140 and Ser398 mainly contributed to downregulation, and Thr142 or Ser396 had a slight inhibitory effect on Thr140- or Ser398-mediated process, respectively. ..
- Moritani M, Yamasaki S, Kagami M, Suzuki T, Yamaoka T, Sano T, et al. Hypoplasia of endocrine and exocrine pancreas in homozygous transgenic TGF-beta1. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;229:175-84 pubmed
- Uezu K, Sano A, Sei H, Toida K, Houtani T, Sugimoto T, et al. Enhanced hippocampal acetylcholine release in nociceptin-receptor knockout mice. Brain Res. 2005;1050:118-23 pubmed..Immunohistochemically, in septum, co-existence of NOC receptor with cholinergic, but not with GABAergic neurons, was verified. The findings demonstrate that the NOC receptor is involved in hippocampal cholinergic function. ..
- Kondo S, Shimizu M, Urushihara M, Tsuchiya K, Yoshizumi M, Tamaki T, et al. Addition of the antioxidant probucol to angiotensin II type I receptor antagonist arrests progressive mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis in the rat. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:783-94 pubmed..The combination of probucol and candesartan may represent a novel route of therapy for patients with progressive GN. ..
- Kurobe H, Liu C, Ueno T, Saito F, Ohigashi I, Seach N, et al. CCR7-dependent cortex-to-medulla migration of positively selected thymocytes is essential for establishing central tolerance. Immunity. 2006;24:165-77 pubmed..These results indicate that CCR7-mediated cortex-to-medulla migration of thymocytes is essential for establishing central tolerance rather than for supporting the maturation or export of thymocytes. ..
- Ishimaru N, Arakaki R, Omotehara F, Yamada K, Mishima K, Saito I, et al. Novel role for RbAp48 in tissue-specific, estrogen deficiency-dependent apoptosis in the exocrine glands. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:2924-35 pubmed..These findings indicate that estrogen deficiency initiates p53-mediated apoptosis in the exocrine gland cells through RbAp48 overexpression and exerts a possible gender-based risk of autoimmune exocrinopathy in postmenopausal women. ..
- Ueno A, Miwa Y, Miyoshi K, Horiguchi T, Inoue H, Ruspita I, et al. Constitutive expression of thrombospondin 1 in MC3T3-E1 osteoblastic cells inhibits mineralization. J Cell Physiol. 2006;209:322-32 pubmed..These results indicate that TSP1 functions as an inhibitory regulator of bone mineralization and matrix production by osteoblasts to sustain bone homeostasis. ..
- Tanaka K, Kawano T, Nakamura A, Nazari H, Kawahito S, Oshita S, et al. Isoflurane activates sarcolemmal adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels in vascular smooth muscle cells: a role for protein kinase A. Anesthesiology. 2007;106:984-91 pubmed..Studies of the interaction of volatile anesthetics with vascular K(ATP) channels have been limited. In the current study, the authors investigated the molecular mechanism of isoflurane's action on vascular K(ATP) channels...
- Ohnishi R, Segawa H, Kawakami E, Furutani J, Ito M, Tatsumi S, et al. Control of phosphate appetite in young rats. J Med Invest. 2007;54:366-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that an appetite for Pi can be induced in rats, perhaps through lowered plasma and CSF Pi levels...
- Kido H, Okumura Y. MSPL/TMPRSS13. Front Biosci. 2008;13:754-8 pubmed..These properties raise the possibility that MSPL and TMPRSS13 play roles in the proteolytic processing of prohormones, precursors of growth factors, and also play roles in the pathogenicity of many viruses and bacteria in vivo. ..
- Masuda K, Teshima Kondo S, Mukaijo M, Yamagishi N, Nishikawa Y, Nishida K, et al. A novel tumor-promoting function residing in the 5' non-coding region of vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA. PLoS Med. 2008;5:e94 pubmed publisher..Therefore, combination of anti-vegf transcript strategies, such as siRNA-based gene silencing, with anti-VEGF antibody treatment may improve anti-cancer therapies that target VEGF. ..
- Okutsu R, Yoshikawa T, Nagasawa M, Hirose Y, Takase H, Mitani K, et al. Cilostazol inhibits modified low-density lipoprotein uptake and foam cell formation in mouse peritoneal macrophages. Atherosclerosis. 2009;204:405-11 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, cilostazol significantly inhibits the uptake of modified LDL and foam cell formation in mouse peritoneal macrophages, and the inhibitory effect of cilostazol can be induced in a cAMP- and PKA-independent manner...
- Hamada A, Miyawaki K, Honda sumi E, Tomioka K, Mito T, Ohuchi H, et al. Loss-of-function analyses of the fragile X-related and dopamine receptor genes by RNA interference in the cricket Gryllus bimaculatus. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2025-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the cricket has the potential to become a novel model system to explore human neuronal pathogenic mechanisms and to screen therapeutic drugs by RNAi...
- Kawanai T, Satoh M, Murao K, Oyama Y. Methylmercury elicits intracellular Zn2+ release in rat thymocytes: its relation to methylmercury-induced decrease in cellular thiol content. Toxicol Lett. 2009;191:231-5 pubmed publisher..However, it is unlikely that MetHg at critical maternal blood concentration (27 nM) affects intracellular Zn(2+) homeostasis. ..
- Tanimura A, Yamada F, Saito A, Ito M, Kimura T, Anzai N, et al. Analysis of different complexes of type IIa sodium-dependent phosphate transporter in rat renal cortex using blue-native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. J Med Invest. 2011;58:140-7 pubmed..These results suggest that NaPi-IIa can form some different complexes on the apical plasma membrane of renal proximal tubular cells. ..