Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Niigata, Japan
Locale: Niigata, Japan
Publications305 found, 100 shown here
- Kaseda R, Hosojima M, Sato H, Saito A. Role of megalin and cubilin in the metabolism of vitamin D(3). Ther Apher Dial. 2011;15 Suppl 1:14-7 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic strategies to protect the functions of these receptors from injury could be used to prevent vitamin D deficiency and its related disorders. ..
- Sato M, Araki N, Kumeta M, Takeyasu K, Taguchi Y, Asai T, et al. Interaction, mobility, and phosphorylation of human orthologues of WD repeat-containing components of the yeast SSU processome t-UTP sub-complex. Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;91:466-75 pubmed publisher..These results are also consistent with our dynamic scaffold model. ..
- Konno K, Matsuda K, Nakamoto C, Uchigashima M, Miyazaki T, Yamasaki M, et al. Enriched expression of GluD1 in higher brain regions and its involvement in parallel fiber-interneuron synapse formation in the cerebellum. J Neurosci. 2014;34:7412-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GluD1 works in concert with GluD2 for the construction of cerebellar synaptic wiring through distinct neuronal and synaptic expressions and also their shared synapse-connecting function. ..
- Kawasaki K, Mikami M, Nakatomi M, Braasch I, Batzel P, H Postlethwait J, et al. SCPP Genes and Their Relatives in Gar: Rapid Expansion of Mineralization Genes in Osteichthyans. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2017;328:645-665 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the absence of acidic SCPP genes in chondrichthyans might be explained by the secondary loss of earliest acidic genes. It appears that many SCPP genes expanded rapidly in stem osteichthyans and in basal actinopterygians. ..
- Honda T, Saitoh H, Masuko M, Katagiri Abe T, Tominaga K, Kozakai I, et al. The coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor protein as a cell adhesion molecule in the developing mouse brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;77:19-28 pubmed..In addition to its action as a virus receptor, mCAR may function naturally as an adhesion molecule involved in neuro-network formation in the developing nervous system. ..
- Kitahara H, Hayami T, Tokunaga K, Endo N, Funaki H, Yoshida Y, et al. Chondromodulin-I expression in rat articular cartilage. Arch Histol Cytol. 2003;66:221-8 pubmed..The avascular condition may be preserved by angiogenic inhibitors or mechanisms other than ChM-I in the mature articular cartilage. ..
- Kobayashi T, Washiyama K, Ikeda K. Inhibition of G protein-activated inwardly rectifying K+ channels by the antidepressant paroxetine. J Pharmacol Sci. 2006;102:278-87 pubmed..Our results suggest that inhibition of GIRK channels by paroxetine may contribute partly to some of its therapeutic effects and adverse side effects. ..
- Nandasena B, Suzuki A, Aita M, Kawano Y, Nozawa Inoue K, Maeda T. Immunolocalization of aquaporin-1 in the mechanoreceptive Ruffini endings in the periodontal ligament. Brain Res. 2007;1157:32-40 pubmed..4+/-172.4 microm2), indicating that they could be categorized as medium-sized neurons which mediate mechanotransduction. These findings suggest that AQP1 controls water transport in the periodontal Ruffini endings. ..
- Higuchi M, Tsubata C, Kondo R, Yoshida S, Takahashi M, Oie M, et al. Cooperation of NF-kappaB2/p100 activation and the PDZ domain binding motif signal in human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax1 but not HTLV-2 Tax2 is crucial for interleukin-2-independent growth transformation of a T-cell line. J Virol. 2007;81:11900-7 pubmed
- Shimotori M, Maruyama H, Nakamura G, Suyama T, Sakamoto F, Itoh M, et al. Novel mutations of the GLA gene in Japanese patients with Fabry disease and their functional characterization by active site specific chaperone. Hum Mutat. 2008;29:331 pubmed publisher..Although ASSC therapy is useful only for misfolding mutants and therefore not applicable to all cases, it may be useful for treating many Japanese patients with Fabry disease. ..
- Aoyagi H, Asami T, Yoshizawa H, Wanichanon C, Iwasaki S. Newly developed technique for dual localization of keratins 13 and 14 by fluorescence immunohistochemistry. Acta Histochem. 2008;110:324-32 pubmed publisher..Our newly developed technique for dual localization of antigens should be useful for investigations of very small specimens, such as fetal tissues and organs. ..
- Isogawa M, Higuchi M, Takahashi M, Oie M, Mori N, Tanaka Y, et al. Rearranged NF-kappa B2 gene in an adult T-cell leukemia cell line. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:792-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that such NF-kappa B2 gene rearrangement may therefore be a factor in the constitutive activation of NF-kappaB in ATL, and thereby playing a role in the ATL pathogenesis. ..
- Yoshida S, Higuchi M, Shoji T, Yoshita M, Ishioka K, Takahashi M, et al. Knockdown of synapse-associated protein Dlg1 reduces syncytium formation induced by human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Virus Genes. 2008;37:9-15 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Dlg1, through the interaction with GLUT1 as well as Env, plays a positive role in the syncytium formation induced by HTLV-1. ..
- Tanaka H, Watanabe K, Harima M, Thanikachalam P, Yamaguchi K, Tachikawa H, et al. [Effects of various diuretics on cardiac function in rats with heart failure]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2009;129:871-9 pubmed..Our results indicate that torasemide and spironolactone treatment significantly improved cardiac function and LV remodeling compared with furosemide treatment. ..
- Yabe S, Higuchi W, Iwao Y, Takano T, Razvina O, Reva I, et al. Molecular typing of Campylobacter jejuni and C. coli from chickens and patients with gastritis or Guillain-Barré syndrome based on multilocus sequence types and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis patterns. Microbiol Immunol. 2010;54:362-7 pubmed publisher..C. coli from enteritis was also divergent. Novel ST types may represent unidentified native clones in each country. Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis confirmed the above typing and demonstrated long-term persistence and transmission. ..
- Rahman M, Kabir M, Krishnaswamy S, Miyamoto M, Furuichi Y, Komiyama T. New avenues for phage-display library to produce a Cryptococcus-specific anti-idiotypic antibody of HM-1 killer toxin. J Mol Recognit. 2011;24:631-41 pubmed publisher..56 × 10(-7) M against C. neoformans. The method described here is a new technique for the isolation of cell membrane specific immunoreactive phages in the form of scFv using CnMF that contained cell membrane associated proteins. ..
- Aita T, Kuwabara M, Murayama K, Sasagawa Y, Yabe S, Higuchi R, et al. Characterization of epidemic diarrhea outbreaks associated with bovine torovirus in adult cows. Arch Virol. 2012;157:423-31 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings indicate that the HE protein of BToV may not be necessary for viral replication...
- Nashida T, Sato R, Haga Tsujimura M, Yoshie S, Yoshimura K, Imai A, et al. Antigen-presenting cells in parotid glands contain cystatin D originating from acinar cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2013;530:32-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the novel dynamism of cystatin D was shown and a function for cystatin D in the regulation of antigen-presenting cell activity was proposed. ..
- Nagamine Y, Satoh Y, Shimizu D, Iwasaki S, Terada K. Relationship between masticatory rhythm, body mass and mandibular morphology in primates. Arch Oral Biol. 2013;58:1084-91 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that masticatory rhythm is correlated with body mass and mandibular morphology, and that scaling rate of masticatory rhythm to body mass is slower than for the other rhythms. ..
- Nakajima K, Terao M, Takaishi M, Kataoka S, Goto Inoue N, Setou M, et al. Barrier abnormality due to ceramide deficiency leads to psoriasiform inflammation in a mouse model. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:2555-2565 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that a ceramide deficiency in the epidermis leads to psoriasis-like lesions in mice, probably mediated by IL-23-dependent IL-22-producing ??-17 cells. ..
- Kawakami M, Ishikawa H, Tachibana T, Tanaka A, Mataga I. Functional transplantation of salivary gland cells differentiated from mouse early ES cells in vitro. Hum Cell. 2013;26:80-90 pubmed publisher..By co-culture with hSG-fibro, mEES-6 cells were successfully differentiated into salivary gland cells which were transplantable and have tissue neogenetic ability. ..
- Shimomura Y, Aoki N, Ito K, Ito M. Gene expression of Sh3d19, a novel adaptor protein with five Src homology 3 domains, in anagen mouse hair follicles. J Dermatol Sci. 2003;31:43-51 pubmed..Sh3d19 is a novel adaptor protein that may be involved in the development of medulla cells during the anagen phase. ..
- Furukawa K, Sugiyama S, Osouda S, Goto H, Inagaki M, Horigome T, et al. Barrier-to-autointegration factor plays crucial roles in cell cycle progression and nuclear organization in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3811-23 pubmed..We thus conclude that BAF plays essential roles in nuclear organization and that these BAF functions are required in both M phase and interphase of the cell cycle. ..
- Amizuka N, Shimomura J, Li M, Seki Y, Oda K, Henderson J, et al. Defective bone remodelling in osteoprotegerin-deficient mice. J Electron Microsc (Tokyo). 2003;52:503-13 pubmed..The high bone turnover, disorganized matrix and impaired attachment of new to old bone in the cement lines in OPG-/- mice appear to cause bone fragility. ..
- Nakatsue T, Koike H, Han G, Suzuki K, Miyauchi N, Yuan H, et al. Nephrin and podocin dissociate at the onset of proteinuria in experimental membranous nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2005;67:2239-53 pubmed..The reduced expression of nephrin and podocin, along with their dissociation, may contribute to the development of proteinuria in Heymann nephritis. ..
- Takehana Y, Naruse K, Sakaizumi M. Molecular phylogeny of the medaka fishes genus Oryzias (Beloniformes: Adrianichthyidae) based on nuclear and mitochondrial DNA sequences. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2005;36:417-28 pubmed..The phylogeographic pattern suggests historical vicariance between Sulawesi Island and the continental shelf...
- Selvakumar D, Zhang Q, Miyamoto M, Furuichi Y, Komiyama T. Identification and characterization of a neutralizing monoclonal antibody for the epitope on HM-1 killer toxin. J Biochem. 2006;139:399-406 pubmed..These results strongly indicate that nmAb-KT binds to HM-1 at the sequence 41GSTDGK46, and not to HYI at the same position. The potential active site of HM-1 involved in the killing activity against sensitive yeast is discussed. ..
- Shimada Y, Tai H, Tanaka A, Ikezawa Suzuki I, Takagi K, Yoshida Y, et al. Effects of ascorbic acid on gingival melanin pigmentation in vitro and in vivo. J Periodontol. 2009;80:317-23 pubmed..Ascorbic acid (AS-G) has potential for the treatment of gingival melanin pigmentation. ..
- Iwasaki S, Aoyagi H. Fluorescence immunohistochemistry in combination with differential interference contrast microscopy for studies of semi-ultrathin specimens of epoxy resin-embedded samples. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;689:229-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, our method demonstrated changes in patterns of immunoreactivity of K13 and of CIII during the morphogenesis of the rat tongue. ..
- Kimura S, Ito M, Tomita M, Hoyano M, Obata H, Ding L, et al. Role of mineralocorticoid receptor on atrial structural remodeling and inducibility of atrial fibrillation in hypertensive rats. Hypertens Res. 2011;34:584-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, MR has important roles in atrial structural remodeling and AF inducibility in Dahl rats. The effects of MR are associated, at least in part, with activation of Rac1-oxidative stress/inflammatory axis. ..
- Ohkura N, Shigetani Y, Yoshiba N, Yoshiba K, Okiji T. Gene expression analysis of membrane transport proteins in normal and lipopolysaccharide-inflamed rat dental pulp. J Endod. 2012;38:648-52 pubmed publisher..01), and Oatp3a1 (P < .05). Rat incisor dental pulp expressed mRNAs for various transporter isoforms. The levels of mRNA expression for PG transporters were significantly up-regulated or down-regulated in LPS-inflamed dental pulp. ..
- Petrenko A, Yamakura T, Kohno T, Sakimura K, Baba H. Increased brain monoaminergic tone after the NMDA receptor GluN2A subunit gene knockout is responsible for resistance to the hypnotic effect of nitrous oxide. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;698:200-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, they provide further evidence that changes secondary to genetic manipulation can explain the results obtained in global knockouts. ..
- Koga D, Kusumi S, Ushiki T. Three-dimensional shape of the Golgi apparatus in different cell types: serial section scanning electron microscopy of the osmium-impregnated Golgi apparatus. Microscopy (Oxf). 2016;65:145-57 pubmed publisher..This study has clearly shown that entire 3D shape of the Golgi apparatus varies depending on the cell type and that the Golgi cisterns network appears as a single mass located in the large region of the cytoplasm. ..
- Iwabuchi Y, Aoki C, Masuhara T. Effects of tachykinins on the secretion of fluid and glycoproteins from the submandibular glands of rat, mouse, hamster and guinea pig. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1989;51:428-31 pubmed..However, saliva was not elicited from the mice and hamsters. These results suggest that in both rats and guinea pigs, tachykinins act on the acinar cells of the submandibular gland only. ..
- Kuwata K, Watanabe H, Jiang S, Yamamoto T, Tomiyama Miyaji C, Abo T, et al. AIM inhibits apoptosis of T cells and NKT cells in Corynebacterium-induced granuloma formation in mice. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:837-47 pubmed..parvum-stimulated livers in vitro. These results indicate that AIM functions to induce resistance to apoptosis within NKT cells and T cells, and supports the host defense in granulomatous inflammation. ..
- Kobayashi T, Washiyama K, Ikeda K. Inhibition of G protein-activated inwardly rectifying K+ channels by fluoxetine (Prozac). Br J Pharmacol. 2003;138:1119-28 pubmed..The present results suggest that inhibition of GIRK channels by fluoxetine may contribute to some of its therapeutic effects and adverse side effects, particularly seizures in overdose, observed in clinical practice. ..
- Yao J, Suwa M, Li B, Kawamura K, Morioka T, Oite T. ATP-dependent mechanism for coordination of intercellular Ca2+ signaling and renin secretion in rat juxtaglomerular cells. Circ Res. 2003;93:338-45 pubmed..01). Taken together, our results indicate that under mechanical stimulation, ATP functions as a paracellular mediator to regulate renin secretion, possibly through modulating intra- and intercellular Ca2+ signals. ..
- Tamura Y, Maruyama M, Mishima Y, Fujisawa H, Obata M, Kodama Y, et al. Predisposition to mouse thymic lymphomas in response to ionizing radiation depends on variant alleles encoding metal-responsive transcription factor-1 (Mtf-1). Oncogene. 2005;24:399-406 pubmed
- Walter B, Valera V, Takahashi S, Matsuno K, Ushiki T. Evidence of antibody production in the rat cervical lymph nodes after antigen administration into the cerebrospinal fluid. Arch Histol Cytol. 2006;69:37-47 pubmed..Thus, the cervical lymph nodes probably act as a monitoring site for cerebrospinal fluid and play a major role in the central nervous system immune response. ..
- Zheng Y, Watakabe A, Takada M, Kakita A, Namba H, Takahashi H, et al. Expression of ErbB4 in substantia nigra dopamine neurons of monkeys and humans. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009;33:701-6 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that ErbB4 is expressed in the dopaminergic neurons of primate substantia nigra and ErbB4 abnormality might contribute to the dopaminergic pathology associated with schizophrenia or other brain diseases. ..
- Hoshino K, Horie M, Nagy A, Berenyi A, Benedek G, Norita M. Direct synaptic connections between superior colliculus afferents and thalamo-insular projection neurons in the feline suprageniculate nucleus: a double-labeling study with WGA-HRP and kainic acid. Neurosci Res. 2010;66:7-13 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first anatomical evidence that the Sg may play a role in the key relay of visual information from the SC to the IVA, within an identified extrageniculo-cortical pathway. ..
- Tanaka N, Nonaka T, Tanabe T, Yoshimoto T, Tsuru D, Mitsui Y. Crystal structures of the binary and ternary complexes of 7 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 1996;35:7715-30 pubmed
- Yamaguchi T, Takei N, Araki K, Ishii K, Nagano T, Ichikawa T, et al. Molecular characterization of a novel gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase homologue found in rat brain. J Biochem. 2000;128:101-6 pubmed..Endogenous GTPH protein is a membrane-bound glycoenzyme and migrates as 90-100 kDa in polyacrylamide gels. Taken together, GTPH is a novel form of a gamma-GTP-like molecule expressed exclusively in the nervous system. ..
- Ueno H, Fujiyama N, Yao I, Sato Y, Katakura H. Genetic architecture for normal and novel host-plant use in two local populations of the herbivorous ladybird beetle, Epilachna pustulosa. J Evol Biol. 2003;16:883-95 pubmed
- Watanabe Y, Hashimoto S, Kakita A, Takahashi H, Ko J, Mizuno M, et al. Neonatal impact of leukemia inhibitory factor on neurobehavioral development in rats. Neurosci Res. 2004;48:345-53 pubmed..These results indicate that LIF induction in the periphery of the infant has a significant, but discrete impact on neurobehavioral development. ..
- Nakasone N, Yoshie H, Ohshima H. The relationship between the termination of cell proliferation and expression of heat-shock protein-25 in the rat developing tooth germ. Eur J Oral Sci. 2006;114:302-9 pubmed..Thus, HSP-25 protein is suggested to act as a switch between cell proliferation and terminal cyto-differentiation during odontogenesis...
- Fujii M, Suzuki K, Suzuki M, Hosono M. Different pathological phenotypes of autoimmune gastritis induced by neonatal thymectomy between BALB/c and (BALB/c x DBA/2) F1 mice: role of eosinophils in hypertrophic autoimmune gastritis. J Gastroenterol. 2007;42:433-43 pubmed..Furthermore, eosinophil infiltration and the Th2 immune response might play a key role in the phenotypic shift from chronic gastritis to hypertrophic gastritis in these mice. ..
- Karim M, Fujimura S, Kadowaki M. Vitamin E as a novel enhancer of macroautophagy in rat hepatocytes and H4-II-E cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:981-7 pubmed publisher..From these results, using a new cytosolic LC3 ratio, vitamin E increases autophagy by accelerating LC3 conversion through a new signaling pathway, emerging as a novel enhancer of autophagy. ..
- Kobayashi T, Washiyama K, Ikeda K. Inhibition of G protein-activated inwardly rectifying K+ channels by different classes of antidepressants. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28208 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that GIRK channel inhibition may reveal a novel characteristic of the commonly used antidepressants, particularly sertraline, and contributes to some of the therapeutic effects and adverse effects. ..
- Horikoshi T, Endo N, Shibata M, Heutink P, Hill R, Noji S. Disruption of the C7orf2/Lmbr1 genic region is associated with preaxial polydactyly in humans and mice. J Bone Miner Metab. 2003;21:1-4 pubmed
- Abe Y, Nawa H, Namba H. Activation of epidermal growth factor receptor ErbB1 attenuates inhibitory synaptic development in mouse dentate gyrus. Neurosci Res. 2009;63:138-48 pubmed publisher..In parallel, EGF down-regulated the protein level of vesicular GABA transporter. Thus, ErbB1 ligands influence GABAergic inhibitory synaptic transmission in the developing dentate gyrus. ..
- Huber V, Tsujita M, Nakada T. Aquaporins in drug discovery and pharmacotherapy. Mol Aspects Med. 2012;33:691-703 pubmed publisher..We believe these studies and compounds form the basis from which future treatments and diagnostic protocols of aquaporin-based disorders will be developed. ..
- Dumont V, Tolvanen T, Kuusela S, Wang H, Nyman T, Lindfors S, et al. PACSIN2 accelerates nephrin trafficking and is up-regulated in diabetic kidney disease. FASEB J. 2017;31:3978-3990 pubmed publisher..Tolvanen, T. A., Kuusela, S., Wang, H., Nyman, T. A., Lindfors, S., Tienari, J., Nisen, H., Suetsugu, S., Plomann, M., Kawachi, H., Lehtonen, S. PACSIN2 accelerates nephrin trafficking and is up-regulated in diabetic kidney disease. ..
- Yaoita E, Kurihara H, Yoshida Y, Inoue T, Matsuki A, Sakai T, et al. Role of Fat1 in cell-cell contact formation of podocytes in puromycin aminonucleoside nephrosis and neonatal kidney. Kidney Int. 2005;68:542-51 pubmed..These findings suggest that Fat1 may be a fundamental component of intercellular junctions of podocytes, and may be involved in the initial step of cell contacts of podocytes. ..
- Miyajima Y, Takahashi M, Eguchi H, Honma M, Tanahashi S, Matui Y, et al. Outbreak of Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli O26 in Niigata City, Japan. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2007;60:238-9 pubmed
- Kawamura T, Takeda K, Kaneda H, Matsumoto H, Hayakawa Y, Raulet D, et al. NKG2A inhibits invariant NKT cell activation in hepatic injury. J Immunol. 2009;182:250-8 pubmed..Overall, these results indicated that a NKG2A-mediated signal negatively regulates iNKT cell activation and hepatic injury. ..
- Sotoyama H, Namba H, Chiken S, Nambu A, Nawa H. Exposure to the cytokine EGF leads to abnormal hyperactivity of pallidal GABA neurons: implications for schizophrenia and its modeling. J Neurochem. 2013;126:518-28 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the hyperactivity and enhanced GABA release of GP neurons represent the key pathophysiological features of this cytokine-exposure model for schizophrenia. ..
- Amizuka N, Davidson D, Liu H, Valverde Franco G, Chai S, Maeda T, et al. Signalling by fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 and parathyroid hormone-related peptide coordinate cartilage and bone development. Bone. 2004;34:13-25 pubmed
- Fukuhara M, Fukazawa M, Tamura A, Nakamura T, Urakami H. Survival of two Orientia tsutsugamushi bacterial strains that infect mouse macrophages with varying degrees of virulence. Microb Pathog. 2005;39:177-87 pubmed..An NO synthase inhibitor, however, does not increase the growth of Kuroki, suggesting that NO is induced in a strain-dependent manner but does not effect proliferation...
- Hatada K, Washizuka T, Horie M, Watanabe H, Yamashita F, Chinushi M, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits the cardiac delayed rectifier K current via the asphingomyelin pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:189-93 pubmed..TNF-alpha inhibits IK, mainly IKs, when it is augmented by PKA as a result of the generation of sphingosine. ..
- Ishii H, Kohno T, Yamakura T, Ikoma M, Baba H. Action of dexmedetomidine on the substantia gelatinosa neurons of the rat spinal cord. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:3182-90 pubmed publisher..This action of dexmedetomidine might contribute, at least in part, to its antinociceptive action in the spinal cord. ..
- Magara J, Nozawa Inoue K, Suzuki A, Kawano Y, Ono K, Nomura S, et al. Alterations in intermediate filaments expression in disc cells from the rat temporomandibular joint following exposure to continuous compressive force. J Anat. 2012;220:612-21 pubmed publisher..Because the precursor of a pericyte has such an immunoexpression pattern during angiogenesis, there is a further possibility that the formation of new vessels commenced in response to the extraordinary compressive force. ..
- Togashi T, Obata M, Aoyagi Y, Kominami R, Mishima Y. Two distinct methods analyzing chromatin structure using centrifugation and antibodies to modified histone H3: both provide similar chromatin states of the Rit1/Bcl11b gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;313:489-95 pubmed..These results indicate that the centrifugation-based H/E assay should provide a new approach to the regulation of chromatin structure with respect to its condensation state, complementing ChIP assays. ..
- Morita Y, Hirokawa S, Kikkawa Y, Nomura T, Yonekawa H, Shiroishi T, et al. Fine mapping of Ahl3 affecting both age-related and noise-induced hearing loss. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:117-21 pubmed..These results indicate that Ahl3 exists within the 14-Mb region and affects not only AHL but also NIHL. ..
- Yoshimura K, Hama N, Shindo J, Kobayashi K, Kageyama I. Light and scanning electron microscopic study on the lingual papillae and their connective tissue cores of the Cape hyrax Procavia capensis. J Anat. 2008;213:573-82 pubmed publisher..However, three-dimensional characteristics, especially CTCs of lingual papillae, exhibited multiple similarities with rodents, insectivores and artiodactyls...
- Kawase T, Okuda K, Yoshie H, Burns D. Anti-TGF-beta antibody blocks enamel matrix derivative-induced upregulation of p21WAF1/cip1 and prevents its inhibition of human oral epithelial cell proliferation. J Periodontal Res. 2002;37:255-62 pubmed
- Abo T, Kawamura T. Immunomodulation by the autonomic nervous system: therapeutic approach for cancer, collagen diseases, and inflammatory bowel diseases. Ther Apher. 2002;6:348-57 pubmed..With this approach, we believe that these diseases are no longer incurable. ..
- Yamazaki M, Ohno Shosaku T, Fukaya M, Kano M, Watanabe M, Sakimura K. A novel action of stargazin as an enhancer of AMPA receptor activity. Neurosci Res. 2004;50:369-74 pubmed..These results suggest that gamma-2 not only promotes AMPA receptor surface expression but also directly modulates AMPA receptor activity. ..
- Eda T, Mizuno M, Araki K, Iwakura Y, Namba H, Sotoyama H, et al. Neurobehavioral deficits of epidermal growth factor-overexpressing transgenic mice: impact on dopamine metabolism. Neurosci Lett. 2013;547:21-5 pubmed publisher..These results support the argument that aberrant hyper-signals of EGF have significant impact on mouse behavioral traits and dopamine metabolism. ..
- Koyama Y, Yamamoto T, Kondo D, Funaki H, Yaoita E, Kawasaki K, et al. Molecular cloning of a new aquaporin from rat pancreas and liver. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:30329-33 pubmed..By in situ hybridization, AQP8 mRNA expression was assumed in hepatocytes, acinal cells of pancreas and salivary gland, and absorptive colonic epithelial cells. The physiological role(s) of AQP8 remain to be elucidated. ..
- Shishido Y, Tanaka T, Piao Y, Araki K, Takei N, Higashiyama S, et al. Activity-dependent shedding of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor in brain neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:963-70 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that glutamatergic neurotransmission in the central nervous system plays a crucial role in regulating ectodomain shedding of pro-HB-EGF. ..
- Go R, Hirose S, Morita S, Yamamoto T, Katsuragi Y, Mishima Y, et al. Bcl11b heterozygosity promotes clonal expansion and differentiation arrest of thymocytes in gamma-irradiated mice. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1347-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the Bcl11b(KO/+) genotype contributes to clonal expansion and differentiation arrest in part through an increase in the level of beta-catenin. ..
- Fujimoto A, Kurban M, Nakamura M, Farooq M, Fujikawa H, Kibbi A, et al. GJB6, of which mutations underlie Clouston syndrome, is a potential direct target gene of p63. J Dermatol Sci. 2013;69:159-66 pubmed publisher..Our data further underscore the crucial roles of Cx30 in morphogenesis and development of skin and its appendages. ..
- Chinushi M, Izumi D, Iijima K, Suzuki K, Furushima H, Saitoh O, et al. Blood pressure and autonomic responses to electrical stimulation of the renal arterial nerves before and after ablation of the renal artery. Hypertension. 2013;61:450-6 pubmed publisher..This response might be used to determine the target ablation site and end point of renal artery RF ablation...
- Wan Y, Gu L, Suzuki K, Karasawa T, Fujioka Y, Han G, et al. Multi-glycoside of Tripterygium wilfordii Hook f. ameliorates proteinuria and acute mesangial injury induced by anti-Thy1.1 monoclonal antibody. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2005;99:e121-9 pubmed..GTW ameliorated not only proteinuria but also mesangial alterations in Thy1.1 GN most likely by reducing expression of injurious cytokines, indicating that GTW has suppressive effects on acute inflammatory changes in glomeruli. ..
- Kobayashi T, Ikeda K, Kumanishi T. Inhibition by various antipsychotic drugs of the G-protein-activated inwardly rectifying K(+) (GIRK) channels expressed in xenopus oocytes. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;129:1716-22 pubmed..Our results suggest that inhibition of both types of GIRK channels by these drugs underlies some of the side effects, in particular seizures and sinus tachycardia, observed in clinical practice. ..
- Suzuki H, Iwanaga T, Yoshie H, Li J, Yamabe K, Yanaihara N, et al. Expression of galanin receptor-1 (GALR1) in the rat trigeminal ganglia and molar teeth. Neurosci Res. 2002;42:197-207 pubmed..The present study provided new evidence that unmyelinated primary afferents innervating dental pulp possessed galanin receptor, and suggests the existence of nociceptive primary afferents functioning as autocrine cells. ..
- Takegoshi S, Jiang S, Ohashi R, Savchenko A, Iwanari H, Tanaka T, et al. Protein expression of nuclear receptors in human and murine tissues. Pathol Int. 2009;59:61-72 pubmed publisher..These monoclonal antibodies may serve as powerful tools to detect tissue-specific localization of NR and provide a platform for future studies of NR in human and murine tissues. ..
- Saito Y, Takahashi Y, Izutsu Y, Maeno M. Identification and expression of ventrally associated leucine-zipper (VAL) in Xenopus embryo. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:203-8 pubmed publisher..Myc-tagged val protein injected at early stage was accumulated in the nucleus at the gastrula stage and later, suggesting involvement of val in the process of ventral tissue formation during the neurula and tailbud stages. ..
- Kaseda R, Iino N, Hosojima M, Takeda T, Hosaka K, Kobayashi A, et al. Megalin-mediated endocytosis of cystatin C in proximal tubule cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:1130-4 pubmed..Finally, in vivo studies using kidney-specific megalin knockout mice provide evidence that megalin mediates proximal tubular uptake of cystatin C. We conclude that megalin is an endocytic receptor of cystatin C in PTC. ..
- Yamamoto T, Nishiyama A, Takano T, Yabe S, Higuchi W, Razvina O, et al. Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: community transmission, pathogenesis, and drug resistance. J Infect Chemother. 2010;16:225-54 pubmed publisher..MRSA is also found in farm and companion animals, and has occasionally transferred to humans. As such, the epidemiological, clinical, and genetic behavior of CA-MRSA, a growing threat, is focused on in this study. ..
- Yamazaki M, Fukaya M, Hashimoto K, Yamasaki M, Tsujita M, Itakura M, et al. TARPs gamma-2 and gamma-7 are essential for AMPA receptor expression in the cerebellum. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:2204-20 pubmed publisher..Therefore, gamma-2 and gamma-7 cooperatively promote synaptic expression of cerebellar AMPA receptors, and the latter also promotes glial expression. ..