Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Kyoto, Japan
Locale: Kyoto, Japan
Publications1515 found, 100 shown here
- Nagasawa K, Kawasaki F, Tanaka A, Nagai K, Fujimoto S. Characterization of guanine and guanosine transport in primary cultured rat cortical astrocytes and neurons. Glia. 2007;55:1397-404 pubmed
- Yamamoto K, Suzuki N, Wada T, Okada T, Yoshida H, Kaufman R, et al. Human HRD1 promoter carries a functional unfolded protein response element to which XBP1 but not ATF6 directly binds. J Biochem. 2008;144:477-86 pubmed publisher..The presence of UPR element II to which XBP1 but not ATF6 directly binds explains at least in part the dependency of HRD1 induction on the IRE1-XBP1 pathway. ..
- Saeki T, Mizushima S, Ueda K, Iwami K, Kanamoto R. Mutational analysis of uncharged polar residues and proline in the distal one-third (Thr130-Pro142) of the highly conserved region of mouse Slc10a2. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:1535-40 pubmed..These results suggest that the highly conserved region contains residues involved in the substrate interaction, function, and cellular localization of mSlc10a2. ..
- Akaike A, Takada Takatori Y, Kume T, Izumi Y. Mechanisms of neuroprotective effects of nicotine and acetylcholinesterase inhibitors: role of alpha4 and alpha7 receptors in neuroprotection. J Mol Neurosci. 2010;40:211-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that nicotine as well as AChE inhibitors, donepezil and galantamine, prevent glutamate neurotoxicity through alpha4 and alpha7 nAChRs and the PI3K-Akt pathway. ..
- Ishibashi R, Aoki T, Nishimura M, Hashimoto N, Miyamoto S. Contribution of mast cells to cerebral aneurysm formation. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2010;7:113-24 pubmed..These results suggest that mast cells contribute to the pathogenesis of CA through the induction of inflammation and that inhibitors of mast cell degranulation can be therapeutic drugs for CA. ..
- Tsutsui K, Shichida Y. Photosensitivities of rhodopsin mutants with a displaced counterion. Biochemistry. 2010;49:10089-97 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, all of the mutants exhibited greatly increased hydroxylamine sensitivity. This result suggests that the counterion in vertebrate visual pigments is optimally located for the stability of the Schiff base linkage. ..
- Kitamura H, Yamamoto S, Nakase H, Matsuura M, Honzawa Y, Matsumura K, et al. Role of heat shock protein 47 in intestinal fibrosis of experimental colitis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:599-604 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that HSP47 plays an essential role in intestinal fibrosis of IL-10KO mice, and may be a potential target for intestinal fibrosis associated with IBD. ..
- Shitara S, Hara T, Liang B, Wagatsuma K, Zuklys S, Hollander G, et al. IL-7 produced by thymic epithelial cells plays a major role in the development of thymocytes and TCR??+ intraepithelial lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2013;190:6173-9 pubmed publisher..This study also demonstrates that IL-7 produced in the thymus is essential for the development of ?? IELs and indicates the thymic origin of ?? IELs. ..
- Takeshita K, Sakai K, Bacon K, Gantner F. Critical role of histamine H4 receptor in leukotriene B4 production and mast cell-dependent neutrophil recruitment induced by zymosan in vivo. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;307:1072-8 pubmed..Upon pretreatment with thioperamide, reduced levels of the neutrophil chemoattractant leukotriene B4 were observed, providing a mechanistic explanation for the prevention of neutrophilia by H4 receptor antagonism. ..
- Ito J, Endo T, Nakagawa T, Kita T, Kim T, Iguchi F. A new method for drug application to the inner ear. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2005;67:272-5 pubmed..This result indicates that BDNF provides effective protection against inner ear damage and that biodegradable hydrogel is useful for application of drugs to the inner ear. ..
- Tsukiyama K, Yamada Y, Yamada C, Harada N, Kawasaki Y, Ogura M, et al. Gastric inhibitory polypeptide as an endogenous factor promoting new bone formation after food ingestion. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1644-51 pubmed..Because GIPR(-/-) mice exhibited an increased plasma calcium concentration after meal ingestion, GIP directly links calcium contained in meal to calcium deposition on bone. ..
- Shiheido H, Aoyama T, Takahashi H, Hanaoka K, Abe T, Nishida E, et al. Novel CD3-specific antibody induces immunosuppression via impaired phosphorylation of LAT and PLC?1 following T-cell stimulation. Eur J Immunol. 2014;44:1770-80 pubmed publisher..The novel CD3-specific Ab, Dow2, may provide us with a unique tool for inducing immunosuppression. ..
- Yamashita A, Hatazawa Y, Hirose Y, Ono Y, Kamei Y. FOXO1 delays skeletal muscle regeneration and suppresses myoblast proliferation. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:1531-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that decreased proliferation capacity of myoblasts by FOXO1 disrupts skeletal muscle regeneration under FOXO1-increased conditions, such as unloading. ..
- Nishihara H, Nakagawa Y, Ishikawa H, Ohba M, Shimizu K, Nakamura T. Matrix vesicles and media vesicles as nonclassical pathways for the secretion of m-Calpain from MC3T3-E1 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;285:845-53 pubmed..We therefore concluded that these vesicles are partly responsible for the secretion of m-calpain into the culture medium of MC3T3-E1 cells. ..
- Yamashita T, Konishi M, Miyake A, Inui K, Itoh N. Fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-23 inhibits renal phosphate reabsorption by activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28265-70 pubmed..Inhibitors of the MAPK pathway, PD98059 and SB203580, also blocked the activity of FGF-23. The present findings have revealed a novel MAPK-dependent mechanism of the regulation of phosphate uptake by FGF signaling. ..
- Tao J, Morikawa T, Toguchida I, Ando S, Matsuda H, Yoshikawa M. Inhibitors of nitric oxide production from the bark of Myrica rubra: structures of new biphenyl type diarylheptanoid glycosides and taraxerane type triterpene. Bioorg Med Chem. 2002;10:4005-12 pubmed..Furthermore, diarylheptanoids, myricanol and myricanone, were found to inhibit induction of inducible nitric oxide synthase...
- Takeda H, Sonoshita M, Oshima H, Sugihara K, Chulada P, Langenbach R, et al. Cooperation of cyclooxygenase 1 and cyclooxygenase 2 in intestinal polyposis. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4872-7 pubmed
- Nishio T, Kawaguchi S, Iseda T, Kawasaki T, Hase T. Secretion of tenascin-C by cultured astrocytes: regulation of cell proliferation and process elongation. Brain Res. 2003;990:129-40 pubmed..These findings strongly support the idea that endogenous TNC produced and released by astrocytes in response to serum stimulation induces their proliferation and process elongation through a paracrine/autocrine mechanism. ..
- Sugimoto Y, Tsuboi H, Okuno Y, Tamba S, Tsuchiya S, Tsujimoto G, et al. Microarray evaluation of EP4 receptor-mediated prostaglandin E2 suppression of 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:911-7 pubmed..These results suggest that PGE(2) inhibits a crucial step of the adipocyte differentiation process by acting on the EP4 receptor in 3T3-L1 cells. ..
- Tsukamoto H, Terakita A, Shichida Y. A rhodopsin exhibiting binding ability to agonist all-trans-retinal. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6303-8 pubmed..In addition, an additional mechanism was acquired in vertebrate rhodopsin to prevent completely the binding of exogenous all-trans-retinal during molecular evolution. ..
- Honda T, Segi Nishida E, Miyachi Y, Narumiya S. Prostacyclin-IP signaling and prostaglandin E2-EP2/EP4 signaling both mediate joint inflammation in mouse collagen-induced arthritis. J Exp Med. 2006;203:325-35 pubmed..Our results show significant roles of both PGI2-IP and PGE2-EP2/EP4 signaling in the development of CIA, and suggest that inhibition of PGE2 synthesis alone may not be sufficient for suppression of RA symptoms. ..
- Shiba D, Takamatsu T, Yokoyama T. Primary cilia of inv/inv mouse renal epithelial cells sense physiological fluid flow: bending of primary cilia and Ca2+ influx. Cell Struct Funct. 2005;30:93-100 pubmed..Our present study suggests that the function of the inv protein is distinct from polaris (the Tg737 gene product), polycystins (pkd1 and pkd2 gene products). ..
- Hirai Y, Nelson C, Yamazaki K, Takebe K, Przybylo J, Madden B, et al. Non-classical export of epimorphin and its adhesion to alphav-integrin in regulation of epithelial morphogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2032-43 pubmed..These findings provide key insight into how epimorphin functions as an epithelial morphogen. ..
- Kuge Y, Kume N, Ishino S, Takai N, Ogawa Y, Mukai T, et al. Prominent lectin-like oxidized low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor-1 (LOX-1) expression in atherosclerotic lesions is associated with tissue factor expression and apoptosis in hypercholesterolemic rabbits. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1475-82 pubmed..The present findings in hypercholesterolemic rabbits should help advance our understanding of the pathophysiology of atherosclerosis...
- Takeuchi H, Yanagida T, Inden M, Takata K, Kitamura Y, Yamakawa K, et al. Nicotinic receptor stimulation protects nigral dopaminergic neurons in rotenone-induced Parkinson's disease models. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:576-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the rotenone mouse model may be useful for assessing candidate antiparkinson agents, and that nAChR (nicotinic acetylcholine receptor) stimulation can protect DA neurons against degeneration. ..
- Imura Y, Choda N, Matsuzaki K. Magainin 2 in action: distinct modes of membrane permeabilization in living bacterial and mammalian cells. Biophys J. 2008;95:5757-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, the distinct membrane-permeabilizing processes of magainin 2 in bacterial and mammalian cells were, to the best of our knowledge, visualized and characterized in detail for the first time. ..
- Zhao L, Saitsu H, Sun X, Shiota K, Ishibashi M. Sonic hedgehog is involved in formation of the ventral optic cup by limiting Bmp4 expression to the dorsal domain. Mech Dev. 2010;127:62-72 pubmed publisher..Also unchanged patterns of Raldh2 and Raldh3 suggest that retinoic acid is not the downstream to Shh signaling to control the ventral optic cup morphology. ..
- Irie K, Kitagawa K, Nagura H, Imai T, Shimomura T, Fujiyoshi Y. Comparative study of the gating motif and C-type inactivation in prokaryotic voltage-gated sodium channels. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3685-94 pubmed publisher..These results imply that activation gating in prokaryotic Na(V)s does not require gating motifs and that the residues of helix S6 affect C-type inactivation rates in these channels. ..
- Stanlie A, Aida M, Muramatsu M, Honjo T, Begum N. Histone3 lysine4 trimethylation regulated by the facilitates chromatin transcription complex is critical for DNA cleavage in class switch recombination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22190-5 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed an unexpected evolutionary conservation between CSR and meiotic recombination. ..
- Matsuno T, Tomonaga M. Stream/bounce perception and the effect of depth cues in chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes). Atten Percept Psychophys. 2011;73:1532-45 pubmed publisher..These results suggest both similarities and differences between chimpanzees and humans with respect to motion integration and object individuation processes. ..
- Daijo H, Kai S, Tanaka T, Wakamatsu T, Kishimoto S, Suzuki K, et al. Fentanyl activates hypoxia-inducible factor 1 in neuronal SH-SY5Y cells and mice under non-hypoxic conditions in a ?-opioid receptor-dependent manner. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;667:144-52 pubmed publisher..In this report, we describe for the first time that fentanyl, both in vitro and in vivo, induces HIF-1 activation under non-hypoxic conditions, leading to increases in expression of genes associated with adaptation to hypoxia. ..
- Ozawa K, Tsumoto H, Wei W, Tang C, Komatsubara A, Kawafune H, et al. Proteomic analysis of the role of S-nitrosoglutathione reductase in lipopolysaccharide-challenged mice. Proteomics. 2012;12:2024-35 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that S-nitrosylation resulting from GSNOR deficiency may promote carcinogenesis under inflammatory conditions in part through the disruption of inflammatory and ER stress responses. ..
- Nishi M, Sakai Y, Akutsu H, Nagashima Y, Quinn G, Masui S, et al. Induction of cells with cancer stem cell properties from nontumorigenic human mammary epithelial cells by defined reprogramming factors. Oncogene. 2014;33:643-52 pubmed publisher..This study provides some insight into the potential oncogenicity that may arise via cellular reprogramming, and could represent a valuable in vitro model for studying the phenotypic traits of CSCs per se. ..
- Tsuji T, Naito Y, Takagi T, Kugai M, Yoriki H, Horie R, et al. Role of metallothionein in murine experimental colitis. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:1037-46 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that MTs play an important role in the prevention of colonic mucosal inflammation in a mouse model of DSS-induced colitis, thus suggesting that endogenous MTs play a protective role against intestinal inflammation. ..
- Goto A, Sumiyama K, Kamioka Y, Nakasyo E, Ito K, Iwasaki M, et al. GDNF and endothelin 3 regulate migration of enteric neural crest-derived cells via protein kinase A and Rac1. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4901-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that external cues regulate the migration of ENCCs by controlling PKA activity, but not ERK or JNK activity, and argue for the importance of live imaging of signaling molecule activities in developing organs. ..
- Yasuda S, Nishida Y, Wada K, Akiyama D, Toyohisa D, Tanaka T, et al. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidative effects of a methanol extract from bulbs of Scilla scilloides. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:1569-71 pubmed..The results may indicate the potential role of S. scilloides for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidative effects. ..
- Suenaga M, Kurosawa N, Asano H, Kanamori Y, Umemoto T, Yoshida H, et al. Bmp4 expressed in preadipocytes is required for the onset of adipocyte differentiation. Cytokine. 2013;64:138-45 pubmed publisher..Endogenous Bmp4 in preadipocytes is indispensable for the onset of the adipogenic program, and may help to maintain the preadipocytic state during adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Honda T, Nomura T, Kabashima K. Advances in atopic dermatitis and urticarial in 2016. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;140:369-376 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the pathogenesis of AD and CSU and will lead to more specific and personalized treatments. ..
- Kuroda M, Muramatsu R, Maedera N, Koyama Y, Hamaguchi M, Fujimura H, et al. Peripherally derived FGF21 promotes remyelination in the central nervous system. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3496-3509 pubmed publisher..Vascular barrier disruption is a common feature of many CNS disorders; thus, our findings reveal a potentially important role for the peripheral milieu in promoting CNS regeneration. ..
- Kato K. Finding new genes in the nervous system by cDNA analysis. Trends Neurosci. 1992;15:319-23 pubmed..These methods, coupled with fast and reliable techniques for in situ hybridization histochemistry, should permit cDNA catalogues to be assembled efficiently. ..
- Terajima H, Enders G, Thiaener A, Hammer C, Kondo T, Thiery J, et al. Impact of hyperthermic preconditioning on postischemic hepatic microcirculatory disturbances in an isolated perfusion model of the rat liver. Hepatology. 2000;31:407-15 pubmed..These beneficial effects might be associated with a concomitant increase in HSP70 and HO-1/HSP32 expression. ..
- Ozawa H, Miyachi M, Ochiai I, Tsuchiya S, Morris J, Kawata M. Annexin-1 (lipocortin-1)-immunoreactivity in the folliculo-stellate cells of rat anterior pituitary: the effect of adrenalectomy and corticosterone treatment on its subcellular distribution. J Neuroendocrinol. 2002;14:621-8 pubmed..These results confirm that glucocorticoids regulate the annexin-1 expression and demonstrate the translocation of annexin-1 from intracellular to pericellular sites in the FS cells of the rat anterior pituitary gland. ..
- Sakurai H. A new concept: the use of vanadium complexes in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Chem Rec. 2002;2:237-48 pubmed
- Kawanabe Y, Hashimoto N, Masaki T. Effects of phosphoinositide 3-kinase on endothelin-1-induced activation of voltage-independent Ca2+ channels and vasoconstriction. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;68:215-21 pubmed
- Mizuhara E, Nakatani T, Minaki Y, Sakamoto Y, Ono Y, Takai Y. MAGI1 recruits Dll1 to cadherin-based adherens junctions and stabilizes it on the cell surface. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26499-507 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Dll1 is presented on the surface of AJs formed at the apical termini of processes through interaction with MAGI1 to activate Notch on neighboring cells in the developing central nervous system. ..
- Sun Wada G, Tabata H, Kawamura N. Selective assembly of V-ATPase subunit isoforms in mouse kidney. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2005;37:415-8 pubmed
- Yu S, Tanabe T, Yoshimura N. A rat model of glaucoma induced by episcleral vein ligation. Exp Eye Res. 2006;83:758-70 pubmed
- Yamada L. Embryonic expression profiles and conserved localization mechanisms of pem/postplasmic mRNAs of two species of ascidian, Ciona intestinalis and Ciona savignyi. Dev Biol. 2006;296:524-36 pubmed..The present study therefore provides basic information for future functional analyses of these pem/postplasmic genes and for exploring the mechanisms of localization of mRNAs...
- Ichinose N, Yada T, Gotoh O, Aihara K. Reconstruction of transcription-translation dynamics with a model of gene networks. J Theor Biol. 2008;255:378-86 pubmed publisher..The response characteristics of the reconstructed gene network to periodic stimuli are analyzed. The results suggest the existence of a receiver gene that responds to an external signal, consistently with biological knowledge. ..
- Taketo M. Role of bone marrow-derived cells in colon cancer: lessons from mouse model studies. J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:93-102 pubmed publisher..Studies of these myeloid cells should help us understand the inflammation and immune response from a broader perspective as the body's reaction to pathogenic insults. ..
- Kishida T, Hikida T. Degeneration patterns of the olfactory receptor genes in sea snakes. J Evol Biol. 2010;23:302-10 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the Colubroidea-specific ORs detect nonvolatile odorants...
- Namekawa T, Ikeda S, Sugimoto M, Kume S. Effects of astaxanthin-containing oil on development and stress-related gene expression of bovine embryos exposed to heat stress. Reprod Domest Anim. 2010;45:e387-91 pubmed publisher..05). These results suggest that Ax added to the culture medium ameliorates the embryonic development impaired by heat stress with its altering effects on the expression of stress-related genes. ..
- Kuramoto T, Yokoe M, Yagasaki K, Kawaguchi T, Kumafuji K, Serikawa T. Genetic analyses of fancy rat-derived mutations. Exp Anim. 2010;59:147-55 pubmed..The fancy-derived mutations, made available to biomedical research in the current study, will increase the scientific value of laboratory rats. ..
- Nakaya Y, Shojima T, Yasuda J, Imakawa K, Miyazawa T. Epigenetic regulation on the 5'-proximal CpG island of human porcine endogenous retrovirus subgroup A receptor 2/GPR172B. Microbes Infect. 2011;13:49-57 pubmed publisher..Additionally, promoter/enhancer activities within the CpG island were suppressed by in vitro DNA methylation. Our results demonstrated that epigenetic modification regulates HuPAR-2 expression. ..
- Nagatomo F, Roy R, Takahashi H, Edgerton V, Ishihara A. Effect of exposure to hyperbaric oxygen on diabetes-induced cataracts in mice. J Diabetes. 2011;3:301-8 pubmed publisher..Hyperbaric exposure at 1.25 ata with 36% oxygen delays cataract development and progression in mice with Type 2 diabetes. ..
- Nishimura K, Inoue T, Yoshimoto K, Taniguchi T, Kitamura Y, Agata K. Regeneration of dopaminergic neurons after 6-hydroxydopamine-induced lesion in planarian brain. J Neurochem. 2011;119:1217-31 pubmed publisher..These new findings obtained from planarian regeneration provide hints about how to conduct cell-transplantation therapy for future regenerative medicine. ..
- Nakamura S, Nakashima S, Oda Y, Yokota N, Fujimoto K, Matsumoto T, et al. Alkaloids from Sri Lankan curry-leaf (Murraya koenigii) display melanogenesis inhibitory activity: structures of karapinchamines A and B. Bioorg Med Chem. 2013;21:1043-9 pubmed publisher..The principal alkaloid constituents were found to display potent melanogenesis inhibitory activity. The structural requirements of the carbazole alkaloids for melanogenesis inhibitory activity were discussed...
- Yokoi M, Kobayashi K, Manabe T, Takahashi T, Sakaguchi I, Katsuura G, et al. Impairment of hippocampal mossy fiber LTD in mice lacking mGluR2. Science. 1996;273:645-7 pubmed..The mutant mice performed normally in water maze learning tasks. Thus, the presynaptic mGluR2 is essential for inducing LTD at the mossy fiber-CA3 synapses, but this hippocampal LTD does not seem to be required for spatial learning. ..
- Kobayashi H, Sato N, Kawamoto S, Saga T, Hiraga A, Haque T, et al. Comparison of the macromolecular MR contrast agents with ethylenediamine-core versus ammonia-core generation-6 polyamidoamine dendrimer. Bioconjug Chem. 2001;12:100-7 pubmed..In terms of the ability of intravascular contrast agents, G6E--(1B4M-Gd)(256) was better due to more Gd(III) atoms per molecule and longer retention in the circulation than G6A--(1B4M-Gd)(192). ..
- Huang G, Shigesada K, Ito K, Wee H, Yokomizo T, Ito Y. Dimerization with PEBP2beta protects RUNX1/AML1 from ubiquitin-proteasome-mediated degradation. EMBO J. 2001;20:723-33 pubmed..These results reveal a hitherto unknown and major role of PEBP2beta, namely that it regulates RUNX1 by controlling its turnover. This has allowed us to gain new insights into the mechanism of leukemogenesis by CBFbeta-SMMHC. ..
- Kobayashi H, Shirakawa K, Kawamoto S, Saga T, Sato N, Hiraga A, et al. Rapid accumulation and internalization of radiolabeled herceptin in an inflammatory breast cancer xenograft with vasculogenic mimicry predicted by the contrast-enhanced dynamic MRI with the macromolecular contrast agent G6-(1B4M-Gd)(256). Cancer Res. 2002;62:860-6 pubmed
- Hirata H, Yoshiura S, Ohtsuka T, Bessho Y, Harada T, Yoshikawa K, et al. Oscillatory expression of the bHLH factor Hes1 regulated by a negative feedback loop. Science. 2002;298:840-3 pubmed..Because Hes1 oscillation can be seen in many cell types, this clock may regulate timing in many biological systems. ..
- Wang J, Kimura T, Asada R, Harada S, Yokota S, Kawamoto Y, et al. SCID-repopulating cell activity of human cord blood-derived CD34- cells assured by intra-bone marrow injection. Blood. 2003;101:2924-31 pubmed
- Ikuta K. [Recombination control of the lymphocyte antigen receptor genes by chromatin structural changes]. Seikagaku. 2004;76:29-36 pubmed
- Takahashi M, Yoshimoto T, Kubo H. Molecular mechanisms of lymphangiogenesis. Int J Hematol. 2004;80:29-34 pubmed..This review describes the main players in lymphangiogenesis that have been identified so far and the attempts to shed some light on the mysteries surrounding this process. ..
- Kuramoto Y, Nishikawa M, Hyoudou K, Yamashita F, Hashida M. Inhibition of peritoneal dissemination of tumor cells by single dosing of phosphodiester CpG oligonucleotide/cationic liposome complex. J Control Release. 2006;115:226-33 pubmed..These results indicate that a single dosing of CpG ODN-lipoplex is effective in inhibiting peritoneal dissemination and inducing long-lasting antitumor immunity. ..
- Tokita M, Kiyoshi T, Armstrong K. Evolution of craniofacial novelty in parrots through developmental modularity and heterochrony. Evol Dev. 2007;9:590-601 pubmed..On the basis of this study, we suggest that in the development of novel traits, modularity and heterochrony facilitate the diversification of parrot cranial morphology...
- Bae J, Han D, Matsumura K, Wakitani S, Nawata M, Hyon S. Nonfrozen preservation of articular cartilage by epigallocatechin-3-gallate reversibly regulating cell cycle and NF-kappaB expression. Tissue Eng Part A. 2010;16:595-603 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that EGCG plays effective roles in preserving and repairing articular cartilages by reversibly regulating cell cycle at G(0)/G(1) phase and NF-kappaB expression. ..
- Miyasaka H, Endo S, Shimizu H. Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 1 (eIF1), the inspector of good AUG context for translation initiation, has an extremely bad AUG context. J Biosci Bioeng. 2010;109:635-7 pubmed publisher..A compilation analysis revealed that all the genes of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 1, which plays a crucial role in the recognition of the optimal AUG context, ironically have extremely bad AUG contexts. ..
- Munakata M, Shirakawa H, Nagayasu K, Miyanohara J, Miyake T, Nakagawa T, et al. Transient receptor potential canonical 3 inhibitor Pyr3 improves outcomes and attenuates astrogliosis after intracerebral hemorrhage in mice. Stroke. 2013;44:1981-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, transient receptor potential canonical 3 provides a new therapeutic target for the treatment of hemorrhagic brain injury. ..
- Ohsumi A, Chen F, Sakamoto J, Nakajima D, Kobayashi M, Bando T, et al. Protective effect of surfactant inhalation against warm ischemic injury in an isolated rat lung ventilation model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72574 pubmed publisher..The reduction in oxidative damage and the inhibition of apoptosis might contribute to the protection of the warm ischemic lungs. ..
- Ohnishi Y, Huber W, Tsumura A, Kang M, Xenopoulos P, Kurimoto K, et al. Cell-to-cell expression variability followed by signal reinforcement progressively segregates early mouse lineages. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:27-37 pubmed publisher..These data lead us to propose a model where stochastic cell-to-cell expression heterogeneity followed by signal reinforcement underlies ICM lineage segregation by antagonistically separating equivalent cells. ..
- Kawakami Y, Hirano S, Kinoshita M, Otsuki A, Suzuki Yamamoto T, Suzuki M, et al. Neutralization of leukotriene C4 and D4 activity by monoclonal and single-chain antibodies. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:1625-33 pubmed publisher..mAbLTC can be used in the treatment of inflammatory diseases such as asthma. ..
- Furukawa Y, Matsuda F, Ishimori K, Morishima I. Investigation of the electron-transfer mechanism by cross-linking between Zn-substituted myoglobin and cytochrome b(5). J Am Chem Soc. 2002;124:4008-19 pubmed
- Ibuki T, Matsumura K, Yamazaki Y, Nozaki T, Tanaka Y, Kobayashi S. Cyclooxygenase-2 is induced in the endothelial cells throughout the central nervous system during carrageenan-induced hind paw inflammation; its possible role in hyperalgesia. J Neurochem. 2003;86:318-28 pubmed
- Nakagawa T, Satoh M. Involvement of glial glutamate transporters in morphine dependence. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1025:383-8 pubmed..These findings may provide evidence that a glial glutamate transporter GLT-1 could be a new target for preventing physical and psychological morphine dependence...
- Habu Y, Yano I, Okuda M, Fukatsu A, Inui K. Restored expression and activity of organic ion transporters rOAT1, rOAT3 and rOCT2 after hyperuricemia in the rat kidney. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;69:993-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the regulation of organic ion transporters, rOAT1, rOAT3 and rOCT2, by hyperuricemia is reversible, and the organic ion transport activity restores according to the expression levels of these transporters. ..
- Nagai K, Matsubara T, Mima A, Sumi E, Kanamori H, Iehara N, et al. Gas6 induces Akt/mTOR-mediated mesangial hypertrophy in diabetic nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2005;68:552-61 pubmed..Our study indicates that the Akt/mTOR pathway is a key signaling cascade in Gas6-mediated mesangial and glomerular hypertrophy and revealed a crucial role of Gas6/Axl and the Akt/mTOR pathway in the development of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Inden M, Taira T, Kitamura Y, Yanagida T, Tsuchiya D, Takata K, et al. PARK7 DJ-1 protects against degeneration of nigral dopaminergic neurons in Parkinson's disease rat model. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;24:144-58 pubmed..These findings suggest that DJ-1 is a therapeutic target for PD. ..
- Yasuda S, Tsuneyoshi N, Sumi T, Hasegawa K, Tada T, Nakatsuji N, et al. NANOG maintains self-renewal of primate ES cells in the absence of a feeder layer. Genes Cells. 2006;11:1115-23 pubmed..These results suggest that NANOG plays a crucial role in maintaining the pluripotent state of primate ES cells. ..
- Zhang S, Sakuradani E, Shimizu S. Identification of a sterol Delta7 reductase gene involved in desmosterol biosynthesis in Mortierella alpina 1S-4. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:1736-41 pubmed..This indicates that MoDelta7SR is involved in desmosterol biosynthesis in M. alpina 1S-4. This study is the first report on characterization of sterol Delta7 reductase from a microorganism. ..
- Kitatsuji C, Kurogochi M, Nishimura S, Ishimori K, Wakasugi K. Molecular basis of guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor activity of human neuroglobin by chemical cross-linking and mass spectrometry. J Mol Biol. 2007;368:150-60 pubmed..Thus, we have identified, for the first time, the sites of interaction between Ngb and Galpha(i), enabling us to discuss the functional significance of this binding on the GDI activity of Ngb. ..
- Hioki H, Kameda H, Nakamura H, Okunomiya T, Ohira K, Nakamura K, et al. Efficient gene transduction of neurons by lentivirus with enhanced neuron-specific promoters. Gene Ther. 2007;14:872-82 pubmed..Furthermore, the transcriptional activity and neuronal specificity of E/SYN promoter were sustained for up to 8 weeks. Thus, lentivirus with E/SYN promoter is the best vector for strong persistent expression in neurons...
- Takada Takatori Y, Kume T, Ohgi Y, Fujii T, Niidome T, Sugimoto H, et al. Mechanisms of alpha7-nicotinic receptor up-regulation and sensitization to donepezil induced by chronic donepezil treatment. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;590:150-6 pubmed publisher..This study increases understanding of the less-studied mechanism of chronic donepezil treatment-induced nicotinic receptor up-regulation and increased sensitivity to donepezil. ..
- Matsui H, Taniguchi Y, Inoue H, Kobayashi Y, Sakaki Y, Toyoda A, et al. Loss of PINK1 in medaka fish (Oryzias latipes) causes late-onset decrease in spontaneous movement. Neurosci Res. 2010;66:151-61 pubmed publisher..Our animal model is therefore a valuable tool to detect pathogenesis in Parkinson's patients in the early stages. ..
- Unoki N, Murakami T, Nishijima K, Ogino K, Van Rooijen N, Yoshimura N. SDF-1/CXCR4 contributes to the activation of tip cells and microglia in retinal angiogenesis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3362-71 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSIONS. SDF-1/CXCR4 promotes retinal angiogenesis by both tip cell activation and the indirect angiogenic effects of microglia. ..