Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Kumamoto, Japan
Locale: Kumamoto, Japan
Publications392 found, 100 shown here
- Taguchi K, Jono H, Kugimiya Taguchi T, Nagao S, Su Y, Yamasaki K, et al. Effect of albumin on transthyretin and amyloidogenic transthyretin Val30Met disposition and tissue deposition in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy. Life Sci. 2013;93:1017-22 pubmed publisher..These results show that albumin would contribute to suppressing the tissue deposition of TTR in pathogenesis of FAP, but does not affect the disposition of TTR. ..
- Kusumoto M, Hikoda Y, Fujii Y, Murata M, Miyoshi H, Ogura Y, et al. Emergence of a Multidrug-Resistant Shiga Toxin-Producing Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli Lineage in Diseased Swine in Japan. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:1074-81 pubmed publisher..Notably, these bacteria were resistant to fluoroquinolones. Thus, this lineage should be considered a significant risk to animal production due to the toxigenicity and antimicrobial resistance of these bacteria. ..
- Ozawa M, Sakatani M, Dobbs K, Kannampuzha Francis J, Hansen P. Regulation of gene expression in the bovine blastocyst by colony stimulating factor 2. BMC Res Notes. 2016;9:250 pubmed publisher..Analysis of the genes regulated by CSF2 in ICM and TE are suggestive that CSF2 reinforces developmental fate and function of both cell lineages. ..
- Kudo H, Senju S, Mitsuya H, Nishimura Y. Mouse and human GTPBP2, newly identified members of the GP-1 family of GTPase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;272:456-65 pubmed..The GTPBP1 gene was mapped to mouse chromosome 15, region E3, and human chromosome 22q12-13.1, while the GTPBP2 gene is located in mouse chromosome 17, region C-D, and human chromosome 6p21-12. ..
- Ohgami N, Nagai R, Miyazaki A, Ikemoto M, Arai H, Horiuchi S, et al. Scavenger receptor class B type I-mediated reverse cholesterol transport is inhibited by advanced glycation end products. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13348-55 pubmed
- Sugawara K, Nishiyama K, Ishikawa Y, Abe M, Sonoda K, Komatsu K, et al. Development of Vero cell-derived inactivated Japanese encephalitis vaccine. Biologicals. 2002;30:303-14 pubmed..Our system is very simple and could be easily scaled-up to allow vaccine production at a several thousand litre scale. ..
- Yamamoto E, Kataoka K, Shintaku H, Yamashita T, Tokutomi Y, Dong Y, et al. Novel mechanism and role of angiotensin II induced vascular endothelial injury in hypertensive diastolic heart failure. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2569-75 pubmed..AII-induced vascular endothelial apoptosis and eNOS uncoupling were mediated by ASK1 and contributed to vascular injury in diastolic heart failure of salt-sensitive hypertension. ..
- Hashimoto Y, Okiyoneda T, Harada K, Ueno K, Sugahara T, Yamashita A, et al. Phosphatidic acid metabolism regulates the intracellular trafficking and retrotranslocation of CFTR. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:153-62 pubmed..These results indicated that the metabolism of PA modulated the intracellular dynamics and trafficking of CFTR. ..
- Ishizaki M, Suga T, Kimura E, Shiota T, Kawano R, Uchida Y, et al. Mdx respiratory impairment following fibrosis of the diaphragm. Neuromuscul Disord. 2008;18:342-8 pubmed publisher..The dystrophic changes in the diaphragm lead to respiratory dysfunctions. These methods may be useful to assess the therapeutic approaches for the mdx mouse. ..
- Ohta H, Ezoe S, Yamazaki K, Kawai T, Honda T. Application of aluminum hydroxide for an in ovo live Newcastle disease vaccine. Avian Dis. 2009;53:392-5 pubmed..The use of AH-adsorbed attenuated live viruses might be applicable for in ovo vaccinations against not only ND but also other avian infectious diseases. ..
- Katsuki H. Exploring neuroprotective drug therapies for intracerebral hemorrhage. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;114:366-78 pubmed..Here, current knowledge of ICH pathogenesis and problems arising with respect to exploration of new drug candidates are discussed. ..
- Tomita J, Mitsuyoshi M, Ueno T, Aso Y, Tanimoto H, Nakai Y, et al. Pan-neuronal knockdown of calcineurin reduces sleep in the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13137-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a role for Cn and calcium-dependent signal transduction in sleep and memory regulation and may bring insight into the relationship between them. ..
- Onodera R, Motoyama K, Okamatsu A, Higashi T, Kariya R, Okada S, et al. Involvement of cholesterol depletion from lipid rafts in apoptosis induced by methyl-?-cyclodextrin. Int J Pharm. 2013;452:116-23 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that M-?-CyD induced apoptosis in tumor cells and had the potential a novel antitumor agent and/or its lead compound. ..
- Kudo H, Jinnin M, Asano Y, Trojanowska M, Nakayama W, Inoue K, et al. Decreased interleukin-20 expression in scleroderma skin contributes to cutaneous fibrosis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014;66:1636-47 pubmed publisher..To confirm the therapeutic value of IL-20 and IL-20R, their function and expression in vivo should be further studied. ..
- Ozaki N, Fukuchi Y, Tomiyoshi S, Uehara H, Ida S, Wang J, et al. Autophagy regulation in pancreatic acinar cells is independent of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:224-30 pubmed publisher..Egfr(-/-) mice showed no abnormalities in pancreatic development, induction of autophagy, or cerulein-induced pancreatitis, suggesting that Egfr is dispensable for autophagy regulation in pancreatic acinar cells. ..
- Imai T, Ariyoshi S, Ohura K, Sawada T, Nakada Y. Expression of Carboxylesterase Isozymes and Their Role in the Behavior of a Fexofenadine Prodrug in Rat Skin. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:714-721 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that the slow hydrolysis of the prodrug of an active ingredient in viable skin followed by slow diffusion of active drug may provide a useful approach to topical application. ..
- Saito F, Tashiro H, Yamaguchi M, Honda R, Ohba T, Suzuki A, et al. Development of a mouse model for testing therapeutic agents: the anticancer effect of dienogest on endometrial neoplasms. Gynecol Endocrinol. 2016;32:403-7 pubmed publisher..Dienogest and MPA showed potent anticancer activity against endometrial neoplasms in our mouse model. The present study demonstrated that dienogest might be a useful therapeutic agent for human endometrial neoplasms. ..
- Fessas P, Lee H, Ikemizu S, Janowitz T. A molecular and preclinical comparison of the PD-1-targeted T-cell checkpoint inhibitors nivolumab and pembrolizumab. Semin Oncol. 2017;44:136-140 pubmed publisher..We acknowledge the limitations of such comparisons, but suggest that based on the available data, differences in clinical trial outcomes between nivolumab and pembrolizumab are more likely drug-independent than drug-dependent. ..
- Obata H. Anatomy and histopathology of human meibomian gland. Cornea. 2002;21:S70-4 pubmed..To investigate histopathologic changes in human meibomian gland...
- Okita K, Nobuhisa I, Takizawa M, Ueno M, Kimura N, Taga T. Genomic organization and characterization of the mouse ELYS gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:327-32 pubmed..This region contained potential DNA elements for transcription factors such as GATA-1, -2, -3, heat shock factor (HSF) 2, and NF-kappaB, which are known to play important roles in hematopoietic events. ..
- Nakamura S, Yoshimura M, Nakayama M, Ito T, Mizuno Y, Harada E, et al. Possible association of heart failure status with synthetic balance between aldosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone in human heart. Circulation. 2004;110:1787-93 pubmed..Also, we found that cardiac production of DHEA was suppressed in failing heart. We postulated that DHEA and/or its metabolites exert a cardioprotective action through antihypertrophic effects. ..
- Oda H, Fushimi F, Kato M, Kitagawa M, Araki K, Seki N, et al. Microarray analysis of the genes induced by tetracycline-regulated expression of NDRF/NeuroD2 in P19 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:458-68 pubmed..These results suggest that NDRF or its related bHLH proteins may act upstream of these genes in a subset of developing neurons. ..
- Machida K, Wakamatsu S, Izumi Y, Yosifovska T, Matsuzaki T, Nakayama Y, et al. Downregulation of the V2 vasopressin receptor in dehydration: mechanisms and role of renal prostaglandin synthesis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;292:F1274-82 pubmed..In summary, these data suggest that increased production of PGE(2) in renal medulla plays a key role in the downregulation of V2 receptor in dehydration. ..
- Motoyama K, Kameyama K, Onodera R, Araki N, Hirayama F, Uekama K, et al. Involvement of PI3K-Akt-Bad pathway in apoptosis induced by 2,6-di-O-methyl-beta-cyclodextrin, not 2,6-di-O-methyl-alpha-cyclodextrin, through cholesterol depletion from lipid rafts on plasma membranes in cells. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2009;38:249-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that of methylated CyDs, DM-beta-CyD, not DM-alpha-CyD, induces apoptosis through the PI3K-Akt-Bad pathway, resulting from cholesterol depletion in lipid rafts of cell membranes. ..
- Katayama N, Nakajou K, Ishima Y, Ikuta S, Yokoe J, Yoshida F, et al. Nitrosylated human serum albumin (SNO-HSA) induces apoptosis in tumor cells. Nitric Oxide. 2010;22:259-65 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SNO-HSA has potential as a chemopreventive and/or chemotherapeutic agent because it induces apoptosis in tumor cells. ..
- Sugamura K, Sugiyama S, Fujiwara Y, Matsubara J, Akiyama E, Maeda H, et al. Cannabinoid 1 receptor blockade reduces atherosclerosis with enhances reverse cholesterol transport. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2010;17:141-7 pubmed..CB1 receptor blockade may be therapeutically beneficial for atherogenesis by increasing the serum adiponectin level and enhancing of the RCT system. ..
- Balboula A, Yamanaka K, Sakatani M, Hegab A, Zaabel S, Takahashi M. Intracellular cathepsin B activity is inversely correlated with the quality and developmental competence of bovine preimplantation embryos. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:1031-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, inhibition of cathepsin B greatly improves the developmental competence of preimplantation embryos and increases the number of good quality embryos. ..
- Toyama K, Nakamura T, Kataoka K, Yasuda O, Fukuda M, Tokutomi Y, et al. Telmisartan protects against diabetic vascular complications in a mouse model of obesity and type 2 diabetes, partially through peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-?-dependent activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;410:508-13 pubmed publisher..PPAR? activity of telmisartan was involved in the normalization of vascular PPAR? downregulation in diabetic mice. Thus, telmisartan seems to exert vascular protective effects in hypertensive patients with diabetes. ..
- Kondo T, Sasaki K, Matsuyama R, Morino Koga S, Adachi H, Suico M, et al. Hyperthermia with mild electrical stimulation protects pancreatic ?-cells from cell stresses and apoptosis. Diabetes. 2012;61:838-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, HSP72 induction by HS+MES treatment protects ?-cells from apoptosis by attenuating JNK activation and cell stresses. HS+MES combination therapy may preserve pancreatic ?-cell volume to ameliorate glucose homeostasis in diabetes. ..
- Ushiyama S, Umaoka H, Kato H, Suwa Y, Morioka H, Rotinsulu H, et al. Manadosterols A and B, sulfonated sterol dimers inhibiting the Ubc13-Uev1A interaction, isolated from the marine sponge Lissodendryx fibrosa. J Nat Prod. 2012;75:1495-9 pubmed publisher..They are the second and third natural compounds showing inhibitory activities against the Ubc13-Uev1A interaction and are more potent than leucettamol A (IC(50), 106 ?M), the first such inhibitor, isolated from another marine sponge. ..
- Hashiguchi K, Ozaki M, Kuraoka I, Saitoh H. Establishment of a human cell line stably overexpressing mouse Nip45 and characterization of Nip45 subcellular localization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;430:72-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study provides novel information on a poorly characterized mammalian protein and suggests that our newly established cell line will be useful for elucidating the physiological role of Nip45. ..
- Fukuda R, Suico M, Kai Y, Omachi K, Motomura K, Koga T, et al. Podocyte p53 Limits the Severity of Experimental Alport Syndrome. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016;27:144-57 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a protective role of p53 in the progression of AS and in maintaining glomerular homeostasis by modulating the hyperplastic phenotype of podocytes in AS. ..
- Hijioka M, Anan J, Matsushita H, Ishibashi H, Kurauchi Y, Hisatsune A, et al. Axonal dysfunction in internal capsule is closely associated with early motor deficits after intracerebral hemorrhage in mice. Neurosci Res. 2016;106:38-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that receptor-independent actions of thrombin mediate disruption of structure and function of axons by hemorrhage expansion into the internal capsule, which leads to severe neurological dysfunction. ..
- Hosoe Nagai Y, Hidaka T, Sonoda A, Sasaki Y, Yamamoto Nonaka K, Seki T, et al. Re-expression of Sall1 in podocytes protects against adriamycin-induced nephrosis. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1306-1320 pubmed publisher..These protective aspects of Sall1 re-expression in injured podocytes may have the potential to reduce apoptosis and possibly glomerulosclerosis. ..
- Takai E, Tan X, Tamori Y, Hirota M, Egami H, Ogawa M. Correlation of translocation of tight junction protein Zonula occludens-1 and activation of epidermal growth factor receptor in the regulation of invasion of pancreatic cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2005;27:645-51 pubmed..Translocation of TJ protein ZO-1 is closely involved in the induction of invasion through EGFR activation in pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Takai K, Suzuki T, Kawazu K. Distribution and persistence of emamectin benzoate at efficacious concentrations in pine tissues after injection of a liquid formulation. Pest Manag Sci. 2004;60:42-8 pubmed..Non-distribution of emamectin benzoate in some parts of the lower trunk suggested that the formulation should be injected at several points for large trees in order to distribute the compound uniformly to lower branches. ..
- Tan X, Tamori Y, Egami H, Ishikawa S, Kurizaki T, Takai E, et al. Analysis of invasion-metastasis mechanism in pancreatic cancer: involvement of tight junction transmembrane protein occludin and MEK/ERK signal transduction pathway in cancer cell dissociation. Oncol Rep. 2004;11:993-8 pubmed..Moreover, MEK/ERK signaling pathway probably regulates the cell dissociation status of pancreatic cancer through influencing the intracellular localization and expression of occludin. ..
- Deguchi T, Kouno Y, Terasaki T, Takadate A, Otagiri M. Differential contributions of rOat1 (Slc22a6) and rOat3 (Slc22a8) to the in vivo renal uptake of uremic toxins in rats. Pharm Res. 2005;22:619-27 pubmed..These results suggest that rOat1 and rOat3 play an important role in the renal uptake of uremic toxins and the induction of their nephrotoxicity. ..
- Chijiwa T, Abe K, Ogawa T, Nikandrov N, Hattori S, Oda Ueda N, et al. Amino acid sequence of a basic aspartate-49-phospholipase A2 from Trimeresurus flavoviridis venom and phylogenetic analysis of Crotalinae venom phospholipases A2. Toxicon. 2005;46:185-95 pubmed..Relationship of divergence of PLA2s via accelerated evolution followed by less rapid mutation and physiological activities was discussed...
- Rong Zhou J, Shirasaki T, Soeda F, Takahama K. Potentiation of nicotinic currents by bradykinin in the paratracheal ganglia neurons of rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;531:96-102 pubmed
- Hamamura M, Hirose A, Kamata E, Katoku K, Kuwasaki E, Oshikata T, et al. Semi-quantitative immunohistochemical analysis of male rat-specific alpha2u-globulin accumulation for chemical toxicity evaluation. J Toxicol Sci. 2006;31:35-47 pubmed
- Nitta H, Imamura T, Wada Y, Irie A, Kobayashi H, Okamoto K, et al. Production of C5a by ASP, a serine protease released from Aeromonas sobria. J Immunol. 2008;181:3602-8 pubmed..Through C5a generation, ASP could be associated with the induction of pus and edema caused by infection with this bacterium...
- Yano K, Morotomi Yano K, Adachi N, Akiyama H. Molecular mechanism of protein assembly on DNA double-strand breaks in the non-homologous end-joining pathway. J Radiat Res. 2009;50:97-108 pubmed..This new model provides important mechanistic insights into the protein assembly at DSBs and the regulation of DSB repair. ..
- Yoshida M, Masunaga K, Nagata T, Yono M, Homma Y. The forefront for novel therapeutic agents based on the pathophysiology of lower urinary tract dysfunction: pathophysiology and pharmacotherapy of overactive bladder. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;112:128-34 pubmed..In this review, the pathophysiology of OAB, especially the role of non-neuronal acetylcholine, is discussed. In addition, new drugs with new action mechanisms will be introduced. ..
- Morimura N, Mori Y. Effects of early rearing conditions on problem-solving skill in captive male chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes). Am J Primatol. 2010;72:626-33 pubmed publisher..The rearing conditions affected both the behavior acquisition and the execution of behaviors that had already been acquired. ..
- Kawaura K, Honda S, Soeda F, Shirasaki T, Takahama K. [Novel antidepressant-like action of drugs possessing GIRK channel blocking action in rats]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2010;130:699-705 pubmed
- Yamaguchi T, Yoshinaga N, Yazawa T, Gen K, Kitano T. Cortisol is involved in temperature-dependent sex determination in the Japanese flounder. Endocrinology. 2010;151:3900-8 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that masculinization by high water temperature is ascribable to elevation of cortisol concentration during gonadal sex differentiation in the flounder...
- Tsukamoto S, Umaoka H, Yoshikawa K, Ikeda T, Hirota H. Notoamide O, a structurally unprecedented prenylated indole alkaloid, and notoamides P-R from a marine-derived fungus, Aspergillus sp. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1438-40 pubmed publisher..The structure represents an unusual branch point for the oxidative modification of other members in the family of prenylated indole alkaloids in the biogenetic pathway. ..
- Taura M, Suico M, Fukuda R, Koga T, Shuto T, Sato T, et al. MEF/ELF4 transactivation by E2F1 is inhibited by p53. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:76-88 pubmed publisher..Together with previous findings, our present results indicate that a negative regulatory mechanism exists between p53 and MEF. ..
- Ikeda T, Abd El Galil K, Tokunaga K, Maeda K, Sata T, Sakaguchi N, et al. Intrinsic restriction activity by apolipoprotein B mRNA editing enzyme APOBEC1 against the mobility of autonomous retrotransposons. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:5538-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, the AID/APOBEC family proteins including A1s employ multiple mechanisms to regulate the mobility of autonomous retrotransposons in several mammalian species. ..
- Hashimoto N, Nakamura Y, Noda T, Han K, Fukushima M. Effects of feeding potato pulp on cholesterol metabolism and its association with cecal conditions in rats. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2011;66:401-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ingestion of PP for four weeks is likely to improve both cecal conditions and cholesterol metabolism, suggesting that PP has prebiotic effects. ..
- Nako H, Kataoka K, Koibuchi N, Dong Y, Toyama K, Yamamoto E, et al. Novel mechanism of angiotensin II-induced cardiac injury in hypertensive rats: the critical role of ASK1 and VEGF. Hypertens Res. 2012;35:194-200 pubmed publisher..These effects resulted in angiotensin II-induced progression of cardiac injury. ..
- Onitake A, Yamanaka K, Esaki M, Ogura T. Caenorhabditis elegans fidgetin homolog FIGL-1, a nuclear-localized AAA ATPase, binds to SUMO. J Struct Biol. 2012;179:143-51 pubmed publisher..elegans. Taken altogether, our results indicate that FIGL-1 is a nuclear protein and that in concert with SMO-1, FIGL-1 plays an important role in the regulation of C. elegans development. ..
- Onodera R, Motoyama K, Okamatsu A, Higashi T, Arima H. Potential use of folate-appended methyl-?-cyclodextrin as an anticancer agent. Sci Rep. 2013;3:1104 pubmed publisher..Importantly, an intravenous administration of FA-M-?-CyD to tumor-bearing mice did not show any significant change in blood chemistry values. These results strongly suggest that FA-M-?-CyD has the potential as a novel anticancer agent. ..
- Uchida M, Hirano M, Ishibashi H, Kobayashi J, Kagami Y, Koyanagi A, et al. Transcriptional response of mysid crustacean, Americamysis bahia, is affected by subchronic exposure to nonylphenol. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;133:360-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, they might become useful molecular biomarker candidates to evaluate molting inhibition in mysids. ..
- Mitsunaga K, Araki K, Mizusaki H, Morohashi K, Haruna K, Nakagata N, et al. Loss of PGC-specific expression of the orphan nuclear receptor ERR-beta results in reduction of germ cell number in mouse embryos. Mech Dev. 2004;121:237-46 pubmed..The rescued ERR-beta null male were found to be fertile, but both male and female null mutants exhibited behavioural abnormalities, implying that the ERR-beta plays important roles in wider biological processes than previously thought. ..
- Fukushima M, Setoguchi T, Komiya S, Tanihara H, Taga T. Retinal astrocyte differentiation mediated by leukemia inhibitory factor in cooperation with bone morphogenetic protein 2. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2009;27:685-90 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrated that not only gp130-dependent signaling but also bone morphogenetic proteins play essential roles in retinal astrocyte differentiation. ..
- Balboula A, Yamanaka K, Sakatani M, Hegab A, Zaabel S, Takahashi M. Cathepsin B activity is related to the quality of bovine cumulus oocyte complexes and its inhibition can improve their developmental competence. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:439-48 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, inhibition of cathepsin B greatly improves the developmental competence of bovine oocytes and increases the number of high-quality embryos. ..
- Yano K, Morotomi Yano K, Lee K, Chen D. Functional significance of the interaction with Ku in DNA double-strand break recognition of XLF. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:841-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the significance of Ku-XLF interaction in the molecular assembly of NHEJ factors. ..
- Yamakawa N, Suemasu S, Matoyama M, Tanaka K, Katsu T, Miyata K, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of loxoprofen derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem. 2011;19:3299-311 pubmed publisher..Compared to loxoprofen, oral administration of 31 to rats produced fewer gastric lesions but showed an equivalent anti-inflammatory effect. These results suggest that 31 is likely to be a therapeutically beneficial and safer NSAID. ..
- Xie P, Wei F, Hirata S, Kaitsuka T, Suzuki T, Suzuki T, et al. Quantitative PCR measurement of tRNA 2-methylthio modification for assessing type 2 diabetes risk. Clin Chem. 2013;59:1604-12 pubmed publisher..The results point to the critical role of ms(2) modification in T2D and to a potential clinical use of a simple and high-throughput method for assessing T2D risk. ..
- Amano K, Takamatu J, Kaneyama H, Miyazaki C, Deshimaru M, Sumiyoshi S, et al. Anticonvulsant effects of dipotassium clorazepate on hippocampal kindled seizures in rats. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1998;52:459-62 pubmed..It is reasonable to assume that its anticonvulsant efficacy is primarily due to attenuation of AD propagation rather than the raising of the seizure triggering threshold at the kindling focus. ..
- Yamamoto E, Lai Z, Yamashita T, Tanaka T, Kataoka K, Tokutomi Y, et al. Enhancement of cardiac oxidative stress by tachycardia and its critical role in cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis. J Hypertens. 2006;24:2057-69 pubmed..Azelnidipine, without causing an increase in heart rate, has the potential to be useful for the treatment of cardiac remodelling. ..
- Hoshino T, Nakaya T, Araki W, Suzuki K, Suzuki T, Mizushima T. Endoplasmic reticulum chaperones inhibit the production of amyloid-beta peptides. Biochem J. 2007;402:581-9 pubmed..We consider that this up-regulation is a cellular protective response against Abeta. ..
- Watanabe H, Kubo M, Numata K, Takagi K, Mizuta H, Okada S, et al. Overexpression of suppressor of cytokine signaling-5 in T cells augments innate immunity during septic peritonitis. J Immunol. 2006;177:8650-7 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that intervention of SOCS5 expression in T cells affects innate immunity, which highlight a novel role of T cells during sepsis. ..
- Yamashita T, Yamamoto E, Kataoka K, Nakamura T, Matsuba S, Tokutomi Y, et al. Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase-1 is involved in vascular endothelial and cardiac remodeling caused by nitric oxide deficiency. Hypertension. 2007;50:519-24 pubmed..Our work provided the first evidence that ASK1 is implicated in vascular endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular remodeling induced by NO deficiency by regulating eNOS and reduced nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase. ..
- Nishina Y. [Structure and reaction mechanism of D-amino acid oxidase]. Seikagaku. 2008;80:569-78 pubmed
- Imai K, Hirata S, Irie A, Senju S, Ikuta Y, Yokomine K, et al. Identification of HLA-A2-restricted CTL epitopes of a novel tumour-associated antigen, KIF20A, overexpressed in pancreatic cancer. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:300-7 pubmed publisher..KIF20A is a novel promising candidate for anticancer immunotherapeutic target for pancreatic cancers. ..
- Ichihara H, Zako K, Komizu Y, Goto K, Ueoka R. Therapeutic effects of hybrid liposomes composed of phosphatidylcholine and docosahexaenoic acid on the hepatic metastasis of colon carcinoma along with apoptosis in vivo. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:901-5 pubmed..Therapeutic effects of DMPC/DHA without any drugs on the hepatic metastasis were revealed on the basis of histological and biochemical analyses for the first time in vivo. ..
- Anno T, Higashi T, Motoyama K, Hirayama F, Uekama K, Arima H. Possible enhancing mechanisms for gene transfer activity of glucuronylglucosyl-β-cyclodextrin/dendrimer conjugate. Int J Pharm. 2012;426:239-247 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that high gene transfer activity of GUG-β-CDE conjugate (DS 1.8) could be, at least in part, attributed to high endosomal escaping ability, nuclear localization ability and suitable pDNA release from its complex. ..
- Gotoh T, Oyadomari S, Mori K, Mori M. Nitric oxide-induced apoptosis in RAW 264.7 macrophages is mediated by endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway involving ATF6 and CHOP. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12343-50 pubmed..Peritoneal macrophages from CHOP knockout mice showed resistance to NO-induced apoptosis. These results indicate that the ER stress pathway involving ATF6 and CHOP plays a key role in NO-mediated apoptosis in macrophages. ..
- Imamura T, Tanase S, Szmyd G, Kozik A, Travis J, Potempa J. Induction of vascular leakage through release of bradykinin and a novel kinin by cysteine proteinases from Staphylococcus aureus. J Exp Med. 2005;201:1669-76 pubmed..aureus virulence and bacterial shock. Therefore, staphopain-specific inhibitors and kinin-receptor antagonists could be used to treat this disease. ..
- Kume K, Kume S, Park S, Hirsh J, Jackson F. Dopamine is a regulator of arousal in the fruit fly. J Neurosci. 2005;25:7377-84 pubmed..These results provide direct evidence that dopaminergic signaling has a critical function in the regulation of insect arousal. ..
- Yamaguchi T, Yamaguchi S, Hirai T, Kitano T. Follicle-stimulating hormone signaling and Foxl2 are involved in transcriptional regulation of aromatase gene during gonadal sex differentiation in Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:935-40 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that FSH signaling and Foxl2 are involved in the transcriptional regulation of cyp19a1 gene during gonadal sex differentiation in Japanese flounder with temperature-dependent sex determination...
- Muraoka T, Ishihara K, Oyamada C, Kunitake H, Hirayama I, Kimura T. Fermentation properties of low-quality red alga Susabinori Porphyra yezoensis by intestinal bacteria. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1731-9 pubmed..GG was not digested by digestive enzymes, and was not absorbed in the small intestine. These results suggest that GG can be used as a substrate for fermentation by bifidobacteria, and possibility of GG as a prebiotic...
- Fujita M, Otsuka M, Nomaguchi M, Adachi A. Functional region mapping of HIV-2 Vpx protein. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:1387-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, there can be functionally distinct regions in HIV-2 Vpx. ..
- Ishihara T, Takahashi M, Higaki M, Mizushima Y, Mizushima T. Preparation and characterization of a nanoparticulate formulation composed of PEG-PLA and PLA as anti-inflammatory agents. Int J Pharm. 2010;385:170-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the nanoparticles can be used as an anti-inflammatory pharmaceutical formulation in a clinical setting...
- Hayashi Y, Kobira H, Yamaguchi T, Shiraishi E, Yazawa T, Hirai T, et al. High temperature causes masculinization of genetically female medaka by elevation of cortisol. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:679-86 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that HT induces masculinization of XX medaka by elevation of cortisol level, which, in turn, causes suppression of germ cell proliferation and of fshr mRNA expression...
- Arima H, Yamashita S, Mori Y, Hayashi Y, Motoyama K, Hattori K, et al. In vitro and in vivo gene delivery mediated by Lactosylated dendrimer/alpha-cyclodextrin conjugates (G2) into hepatocytes. J Control Release. 2010;146:106-17 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the potential use of Lac-alpha-CDE (DSL 2.6) as a non-viral vector for gene delivery toward hepatocytes. ..
- Morimura N, Idani G, Matsuzawa T. The first chimpanzee sanctuary in Japan: an attempt to care for the "surplus" of biomedical research. Am J Primatol. 2011;73:226-32 pubmed publisher..A nationwide network of care facilities and CSU to provide life-long care of retired laboratory chimpanzees is growing across Japan. This will result in humane treatment of these research animals...
- Furukawa M, Tanaka R, Chuang V, Ishima Y, Taguchi K, Watanabe H, et al. Human serum albumin-thioredoxin fusion protein with long blood retention property is effective in suppressing lung injury. J Control Release. 2011;154:189-95 pubmed publisher..This suggested that HSA-Trx produced lung protection effect via different mechanisms from Trx alone. HSA-Trx retains the biological properties of Trx thus has great potential in treating oxidative stress related diseases. ..
- Matsuno T, Kariya R, Yano S, Morino Koga S, Taura M, Suico M, et al. Diethyldithiocarbamate induces apoptosis in HHV-8-infected primary effusion lymphoma cells via inhibition of the NF-?B pathway. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:1071-8 pubmed publisher..This study suggests the potential use of DDTC as a therapeutic approach for PEL. ..
- Miyashita A, Fukushima S, Nakahara S, Kubo Y, Tokuzumi A, Yamashita J, et al. Immunotherapy against Metastatic Melanoma with Human iPS Cell-Derived Myeloid Cell Lines Producing Type I Interferons. Cancer Immunol Res. 2016;4:248-58 pubmed publisher..The iPS-ML-IFNs could infiltrate into tumor tissue and exert anticancer effects in the local tumor tissue. In conclusion, this method will provide a new therapeutic modality for metastatic melanoma. ..
- Hayashi K, Michiue H, Yamada H, Takata K, Nakayama H, Wei F, et al. Fluvoxamine, an anti-depressant, inhibits human glioblastoma invasion by disrupting actin polymerization. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23372 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, fluvoxamine is a promising anti-invasive treatment against GBM with reliable approach. ..
- Kamei S, Kamikubo Y, Hamuro T, Fujimoto H, Ishihara M, Yonemura H, et al. Amino acid sequence and inhibitory activity of rhesus monkey tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI): comparison with human TFPI. J Biochem. 1994;115:708-14 pubmed..However, no significant differences were found between the potencies of human and monkey rTFPI as to the inhibition of factor Xa and tissue factor-factor VIIa complex. ..
- Maeda K, Inui S, Tanaka H, Sakaguchi N. A new member of the alpha4-related molecule (alpha4-b) that binds to the protein phosphatase 2A is expressed selectively in the brain and testis. Eur J Biochem. 1999;264:702-6 pubmed..The alpha4-b protein associates with the catalytic subunit of PP2A (PP2Ac), suggesting that the alpha4-b protein is involved in the regulation of phosphatase activity in neuronal cells. ..