Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Kagoshima, Japan
Locale: Kagoshima, Japan
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Kasai T, Bandow K, Suzuki H, Chiba N, Kakimoto K, Ohnishi T, et al. Osteoblast differentiation is functionally associated with decreased AMP kinase activity. J Cell Physiol. 2009;221:740-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our present data indicate that differentiation of osteoblasts is functionally associated with decreased AMPK activity. ..
- Tominaga A, Sugawara H, Futagawa T, Inoue K, Sasaki K, Minamino N, et al. Characterization of the testis-specific promoter region in the human pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) gene. Genes Cells. 2010;15:595-606 pubmed publisher..By using their siRNAs, the depletion of their proteins in F9 cells affected the potent promoter activity of the 80-bp fragment, suggesting that they might be involved in the testis-specific gene expression of PACAP. ..
- Tokunaga K, Uto H, Takami Y, Mera K, Nishida C, Yoshimine Y, et al. Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 levels are increased in patients with IgA nephropathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:144-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increased IGFBP-1 levels are associated with the severity of renal pathology in patients with IgAN. ..
- Tanaka K, Nishimura M, Yamaguchi Y, Hashiguchi S, Takiguchi S, Yamaguchi M, et al. A mimotope peptide of A?42 fibril-specific antibodies with A?42 fibrillation inhibitory activity induces anti-A?42 conformer antibody response by a displayed form on an M13 phage in mice. J Neuroimmunol. 2011;236:27-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the B6-C15 peptide might provide unique opportunities to analyze the A?42 fibrillation pathway and develop a vaccine vehicle for Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Islam M, Matsumoto M, Hidaka R, Miyoshi N, Yasuda N. Expression of NOS and VEGF in feline mammary tumours and their correlation with angiogenesis. Vet J. 2012;192:338-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, iNOS can be used as an important immunohistochemical marker to determine the degree of malignancy and prognosis of feline mammary carcinoma. ..
- Mizukami K, Yabuki A, Kawamichi T, Chang H, Rahman M, Uddin M, et al. Real-time PCR genotyping assay for canine trapped neutrophil syndrome and high frequency of the mutant allele in Border collies. Vet J. 2013;195:260-1 pubmed publisher..The carrier frequency was 11.1%, suggesting that the mutant allele frequency is high enough to warrant measures to control and prevent the disease. ..
- Saleh A, Eid Y, Ebeid T, Ohtsuka A, Yamamoto M, Hayashi K. Feeding Aspergillus awamori reduces skeletal muscle protein breakdown and stimulates growth in broilers. Anim Sci J. 2012;83:594-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, feeding A. awamori improves growth performance because skeletal muscle proteolytic activity is reduced and digestibilities of energy and protein are increased. ..
- Kurano Y, Nakamura M, Ichiba M, Matsuda M, Mizuno E, Kato M, et al. In vivo distribution and localization of chorein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:431-5 pubmed..Our findings provide basic information on chorein in vivo and may contribute to taking the first step toward understanding molecular pathogenesis of ChAc. ..
- Wang X, Uto T, Akagi T, Akashi M, Baba M. Poly(gamma-glutamic acid) nanoparticles as an efficient antigen delivery and adjuvant system: potential for an AIDS vaccine. J Med Virol. 2008;80:11-9 pubmed..Thus, gamma-PGA nanoparticles encapsulating various antigens may have great potential as novel and efficient protein-based vaccines against infectious diseases, including HIV-1 infection. ..
- Meng X, Tancharoen S, Kawahara K, Nawa Y, Taniguchi S, Hashiguchi T, et al. 1,5-Anhydroglucitol attenuates cytokine release and protects mice with type 2 diabetes from inflammatory reactions. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2010;23:105-19 pubmed..7 cells. These results suggest that 1,5-AG may be a mediator in, as well as marker for diabetes, and 1,5-AG intake may confer tolerance to LPS in patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Hanaya R, Kiura Y, Serikawa T, Kurisu K, Arita K, Sasa M. Modulation of abnormal synaptic transmission in hippocampal CA3 neurons of spontaneously epileptic rats (SERs) by levetiracetam. Brain Res Bull. 2011;86:334-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the therapeutic concentration of LEV inhibits abnormal firing of the CA3 neurons by modulating abnormal synaptic transmission and abnormal Na(+) channels in SER. ..
- Kambe Y, Miyata A. Role of mitochondrial activation in PACAP dependent neurite outgrowth. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;48:550-7 pubmed..These data suggest that mitochondrial activation plays a key role in PACAP-induced neurite outgrowth via a signaling pathway that includes PAC1R, PKA, and Pgc1?. ..
- Hoshiba H, Setoguchi K, Watanabe T, Kinoshita A, Mizoshita K, Sugimoto Y, et al. Comparison of the effects explained by variations in the bovine PLAG1 and NCAPG genes on daily body weight gain, linear skeletal measurements and carcass traits in Japanese Black steers from a progeny testing program. Anim Sci J. 2013;84:529-34 pubmed publisher..1326T>G was also associated with reduced subcutaneous fat thickness and increased carcass yield estimate. These results will provide useful information to improve carcass weight in Japanese Black cattle. ..
- Kawano H, Ito T, Yamada S, Hashiguchi T, Maruyama I, Hisatomi T, et al. Toxic effects of extracellular histones and their neutralization by vitreous in retinal detachment. Lab Invest. 2014;94:569-85 pubmed publisher..In addition, the important role of the vitreous body and hyaluronan in protecting the retina from these toxic effects is suggested. ..
- Masatani T, Takashima Y, Takasu M, Matsuu A, Amaya T. Prevalence of anti-Toxoplasma gondii antibody in domestic horses in Japan. Parasitol Int. 2016;65:146-50 pubmed publisher..gondii infection for domestic horses in Japan. These findings suggest that domesticated horses in Japan can be horizontally infected with T. gondii by ingestion of food or water contaminated with oocysts. ..
- Brunotte L, Beer M, Horie M, Schwemmle M. Chiropteran influenza viruses: flu from bats or a relic from the past?. Curr Opin Virol. 2016;16:114-119 pubmed publisher..We also discuss whether bats are a neglected natural reservoir of influenza viruses, the risk associated with bat influenza viruses for humans and whether these viruses originate from the pool of avian IAV or vice versa. ..
- Shimamoto S, Ijiri D, Kawaguchi M, Nakashima K, Tada O, Inoue H, et al. Î²1- and Î²2-adrenergic receptor stimulation differ in their effects on PGC-1Î± and atrogin-1/MAFbx gene expression in chick skeletal muscle. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2017;211:1-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that, in chick skeletal muscle, PGC-1Î± is induced via the Î²1-AR, while atrogin-1/MAFbx is suppressed via the Î²2-AR. ..
- Yoshino Yasuda I, Kobayashi K, Akiyama M, Itoh H, Tomomura A, Saheki T. Caldecrin is a novel-type serine protease expressed in pancreas, but its homologue, elastase IV, is an artifact during cloning derived from caldecrin gene. J Biochem. 1998;123:546-54 pubmed..Although both caldecrins were found to be chymotrypsin-type proteases, on the basis of their substrate and inhibitor specificities, they were not inhibited by TPCK, suggesting that caldecrin is a novel type of serine protease. ..
- Otsuka T, Ishii K, Osako Y, Okutani F, Taniguchi M, Oka T, et al. Modulation of dendrodendritic interactions and mitral cell excitability in the mouse accessory olfactory bulb by vaginocervical stimulation. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;13:1833-8 pubmed..These results suggest that vaginocervical stimulation reduces dendrodendritic feedback inhibition to mitral cells and enhances their activity. ..
- Gejima R, Tanaka K, Nakashima T, Hashiguchi S, Ito Y, Yoshizaki K, et al. Human single-chain Fv (scFv) antibody specific to human IL-6 with the inhibitory activity on IL-6-signaling. Hum Antibodies. 2002;11:121-9 pubmed..The effects of the soluble scFvs purified from these phage clones were tested on the growth of the IL-6-dependent human cell line, KT-3. Two of these clones significantly inhibited the growth of KT-3, and three showed no inhibition. ..
- Kurazono M, Nakamura K, Yamada M, Yonemaru T, Sakoda T. Pathology of listerial encephalitis in chickens in Japan. Avian Dis. 2003;47:1496-502 pubmed..Listeria monocytogenes (serotype 4b) was isolated from the medulla oblongata and spinal cord. The pathogenesis of listerial encephalitis in chickens was discussed. ..
- Uchiyama H, Aoki K, Yonezawa S, Arimura F, Ohno H. Retinal target cells of the centrifugal projection from the isthmo-optic nucleus. J Comp Neurol. 2004;476:146-53 pubmed..Topographic separation between input to and output from the IOTCs by the axons might be essential for the overall topographic organization of the centrifugal visual system in birds. ..
- Iwata S, Morioka H, Iwabuchi M, Shinohara K, Maeda M, Shimizu T, et al. Administration of haloperidol with biperiden reduces mRNAs related to the ubiquitin-proteasome system in mice. Synapse. 2005;56:175-84 pubmed..This result suggests that coadministration of haloperidol and biperiden specifically affects the ubiquitin-related system. ..
- Ohnishi T, Kakimoto K, Bandow K, Lowenstein C, Daikuhara Y, Matsuguchi T. Mature hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor on the surface of human granulocytes is released by a mechanism involving activated factor Xa. J Immunol. 2006;176:6945-53 pubmed..Thus, human granulocytes may function as a transporter of HGF in the peripheral blood, releasing HGF at the injured sites caused by blood coagulation, where HGF may promote tissue repair. ..
- Mizuno E, Nakamura M, Agemura A, Kusumoto A, Ichiba M, Kurano Y, et al. Brain-specific transcript variants of 5' and 3' ends of mouse VPS13A and VPS13C. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:902-7 pubmed..We found brain-specific variants of mouse VPS13A, which may be involved in the brain-specific pathology of ChAc. In addition, we identified for the first time mouse VPS13C cDNA sequences and brain-specific variants of VPS13C. ..
- Kawahara K, Setoyama K, Kikuchi K, Biswas K, Kamimura R, Iwata M, et al. HMGB1 release in co-cultures of porcine endothelial and human T cells. Xenotransplantation. 2007;14:636-41 pubmed..These results demonstrate that direct interactions between PAEC and T cells might be a key factor in triggering HMGB1 release, which suggests that HMGB1 is associated with graft rejection in the early phase. ..
- Kanekura T, Chen X. CD147/basigin promotes progression of malignant melanoma and other cancers. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;57:149-54 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest CD147 as a possible therapeutic target for overcoming metastasis and MDR, major obstacles to the effective treatment of malignant cancers. ..
- Boldbaatar D, Umemiya Shirafuji R, Liao M, Tanaka T, Xuan X, Fujisaki K. Multiple vitellogenins from the Haemaphysalis longicornis tick are crucial for ovarian development. J Insect Physiol. 2010;56:1587-98 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that all HlVgs are essential for egg development and oviposition. ..
- Yanase T, Aizawa M, Kato T, Yamakawa M, Shirafuji H, Tsuda T. Genetic characterization of Aino and Peaton virus field isolates reveals a genetic reassortment between these viruses in nature. Virus Res. 2010;153:1-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the B7974 strain is a reassortment with the M RNA segment derived from AINOV and the S and L RNA segments derived from an Australian PEAV. ..
- Bellis G, Dyce A, Gopurenko D, Yanase T, Garros C, Labuschagne K, et al. Revision of the Culicoides (Avaritia) Imicola complex Khamala & Kettle (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae) from the Australasian region. Zootaxa. 2014;3768:401-27 pubmed publisher..brevitarsis Kieffer and C. nudipalpis Delfinado and a description of C. asiatica Bellis sp. nov., are presented together with keys for their specific determination and molecular support for their status. ..
- Nakayama H, Kenjyou N, Ito Y. Development and Characterization of Monoclonal Antibodies Specific for 3-(1-naphthoyl) Indole Derivatives. Monoclon Antib Immunodiagn Immunother. 2016;35:48-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, the MAbs produced in this study could be a useful tool for the detection of 3-(1-naphthoyl) indole derivatives. ..
- Hirano M, Tanuma J, Hirayama Y, Ohyama M, Semba I, Wakusawa S, et al. A speed congenic rat strain bearing the tongue cancer susceptibility locus Tscc1 from Dark-Agouti rats. Cancer Lett. 2006;231:185-91 pubmed..Possible relevance of NQO1 polymorphism to TC susceptibility is discussed. ..
- Ibrahim H, Haraguchi T, Aoki T. Ovotransferrin is a redox-dependent autoprocessing protein incorporating four consensus self-cleaving motifs flanking the two kringles. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1760:347-55 pubmed
- Gotow T, Nishi T. Simple photoreceptors in some invertebrates: physiological properties of a new photosensory modality. Brain Res. 2008;1225:3-16 pubmed publisher..g., excitatory tactile or inhibitory pressure synaptic transmission and the subsequent behavioral responses. It was also shown that this LLP is effective, even if their photoresponse is subthreshold. ..
- Nishida K, Kuchiiwa S, Oiso S, Futagawa T, Masuda S, Takeda Y, et al. Up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-3 in the dorsal root ganglion of rats with paclitaxel-induced neuropathy. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:1618-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the up-regulation of MMP-3 and following macrophage activation caused in the dorsal root ganglion might be a significant event to trigger a series of reactions developing paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathic pain. ..
- Okabe T, Toda T, Inafuku M, Wada K, Iwasaki H, Oku H. Antiatherosclerotic function of Kokuto, Okinawan noncentrifugal cane sugar. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:69-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings suggest that, among various components of Kokuto, PCs play a central role for the prevention of experimental atherosclerosis in Japanese quail. ..
- Ueno D, Yabuki A, Obi T, Shiraishi M, Nishio A, Miyamoto A. Characterization of bradykinin-induced endothelium-independent contraction in equine basilar artery. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2009;32:264-70 pubmed publisher..Arachidonic acid metabolites and neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and NO might not play a role in BK-induced contraction in equine basilar artery...
- Kawasoe Y, Yokouchi M, Ueno Y, Iwaya H, Yoshida H, Komiya S. Hyperbaric oxygen as a chemotherapy adjuvant in the treatment of osteosarcoma. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:1045-50 pubmed..These findings suggest that hyperbaric oxygen plus carboplatin combination therapy could be an appropriate therapeutic regimen for the treatment of patients with osteosarcoma. ..
- Hirotsu M, Setoguchi T, Sasaki H, Matsunoshita Y, Gao H, Nagao H, et al. Smoothened as a new therapeutic target for human osteosarcoma. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:5 pubmed publisher..In addition, knockdown of SMO by SMO shRNA prevents osteosarcoma growth in vitro and in vivo. These findings suggest that inactivation of SMO may be a useful approach to the treatment of patients with osteosarcoma. ..
- Tanoue S, Uto H, Kumamoto R, Arima S, Hashimoto S, Nasu Y, et al. Liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy in rat is more impaired in a steatotic liver induced by dietary fructose compared to dietary fat. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;407:163-8 pubmed publisher..This difference may result from altered metabolic gene expression profiles and potential dysregulation of TGF-?1 expression. ..
- Fujisawa M, Tokuda M, Morimoto Yamashita Y, Tatsuyama S, Arany S, Sugiyama T, et al. Hyperosmotic stress induces cell death in an odontoblast-lineage cell line. J Endod. 2012;38:931-5 pubmed publisher..Inhibitors of 3 MAPKs inhibited the hyperosmotic stress-induced decline in cell viability at 500 and 700 mOsm. Hyperosmotic stress induces cell death of OLCs with sucrose through a MAPK pathway. ..
- Tateno M, Nishio T, Sakuma M, Nakanishi N, Izawa M, Asari Y, et al. Molecular epidemiologic survey of Bartonella, Ehrlichia, and Anaplasma infections in Japanese Iriomote and Tsushima leopard cats. J Wildl Dis. 2013;49:646-52 pubmed publisher..This is the first report, to our knowledge, of B. henselae, B. clarridgeiae, E. canis, and A. bovis infections in these two endangered species. Continuous monitoring of these pathogens is needed for their conservation...
- Otomaru K, Naoi Y, Haga K, Omatsu T, Uto T, Koizumi M, et al. Detection of novel kobu-like viruses in Japanese black cattle in Japan. J Vet Med Sci. 2016;78:321-4 pubmed publisher..In the prevalence study of two types of novel kobu-like viruses, 16.9% and 10.4% prevalence of these viruses were observed in the feces of diarrheal calves in this area. ..
- Sakurai T, Kamiyoshi A, Kawate H, Mori C, Watanabe S, Tanaka M, et al. A non-inheritable maternal Cas9-based multiple-gene editing system in mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20011 pubmed publisher..Cas9 mouse-derived zygotes have the potential to facilitate the creation of genetically modified animals carrying the Cas9 transgene, enabling repeatable genome engineering and the production of Cas9 transgene-free mice. ..
- Yamazaki H, Lai Y, Tateno M, Setoguchi A, Goto Koshino Y, Endo Y, et al. Hypoxia-activated prodrug TH-302 decreased survival rate of canine lymphoma cells under hypoxic condition. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177305 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the data presented may contribute to the development of TH-302-based hypoxia-targeting therapies for canine lymphoma...
- Wu S, Yano S, Chen J, Hisanaga A, Sakao K, He X, et al. Polyphenols from Lonicera caerulea L. Berry Inhibit LPS-Induced Inflammation through Dual Modulation of Inflammatory and Antioxidant Mediators. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:5133-5141 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that LCBP might inhibit LPS-induced inflammation by modulating both inflammatory and antioxidant mediators. ..
- Cheng S, Kuchiiwa S, Kuchiiwa T, Nonaka S, Nakagawa S. Presence of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in autonomic and sensory ganglion neurons innervating the lacrimal glands of the cat: an immunofluorescent and retrograde tracer double-labeling study. J Chem Neuroanat. 2001;22:147-55 pubmed..The present results suggest that NO plays an important role in the regulation of LG activities. ..
- Yabuki A, Suzuki S, Matsumoto M, Taniguchi K, Nishinakagawa H. A simple method for the specific detection of Ren-1 renin. Kidney Int. 2002;62:2294-9 pubmed..The present study determined the usefulness of modified periodic acid silver-methenamine (PAM) staining for the specific detection of Ren-1 renin...
- Yotsumoto G, Jeschkeit Schubbert S, Funcke C, Kuhn Regnier F, Fischer J. Total recovery of heart grafts of non-heart-beating donors after 3 hours of hypothermic coronary oxygen persufflation preservation in an orthotopic pig transplantation model. Transplantation. 2003;75:750-6 pubmed..3-hr storage of the heart allows excellent recovery of transplanted hearts and normal weaning from the heart-lung machine. This indicates that COP combined with mBHTK may be an optimal preservation technique for use with NHBD hearts. ..
- Matsumoto M, Kanouchi H, Suzuki K, Kaneki K, Kawasaki Y, Oka T. Purification and characterization of perchloric acid soluble protein from rat lung. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;135:255-62 pubmed..The expression of RLu-PSP increased from the embryonic 15th day to the postnatal 40th day. This is the first report on the presence of a PSP in rat lung and on its involvement in the regulation of cellular growth and differentiation. ..
- Yoshinaga K, Abe J, Tanimoto T, Koizumi K, Hizukuri S. Preparation and reactivity of a novel disaccharide, glucosyl 1,5-anhydro-D-fructose (1,5-anhydro-3-O-alpha-glucopyranosyl-D-fructose). Carbohydr Res. 2003;338:2221-5 pubmed..Reactivity on the aminocarbonyl reaction of GAF with bovine serum albumin was lower than that of 1,5-AF, but was higher than that of glucose. ..
- Kawano J, Fujinaga R, Yamamoto Hanada K, Oka Y, Tanizawa Y, Shinoda K. Wolfram syndrome 1 (Wfs1) mRNA expression in the normal mouse brain during postnatal development. Neurosci Res. 2009;64:213-30 pubmed publisher..This evidence may provide clues as to the physiological role of the Wfs1 gene in the central nervous system, and help to explain endocrinological, otological, neurological, and psychiatric symptoms in Wolfram syndrome patients. ..
- Miyoshi K, Mori H, Mizobe Y, Akasaka E, Ozawa A, Yoshida M, et al. Development of a noninvasive monitoring system for evaluation of Oct-3/4 promoter status in miniature pig somatic cell nuclear transfer embryos. J Reprod Dev. 2009;55:661-9 pubmed
- Mizobe Y, Yoshida M, Miyoshi K. Enhancement of cytoplasmic maturation of in vitro-matured pig oocytes by mechanical vibration. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:285-90 pubmed..In addition, it was shown that in vitro maturation of oocytes with mechanical vibration can be applied to efficient production of blastocysts derived from miniature pig SCNT embryos. ..
- Kodama R, Yang X, Saski Y, Iwashige S, Tanigawa Y, Yoshikawa T, et al. Age-related lesions in the cerebrum in middle-aged female cynomolgus monkeys. Toxicol Pathol. 2010;38:303-11 pubmed publisher..From the above, it was concluded that cynomolgus monkeys showed pathological changes due to ageing similar to those related to Alzheimer's disease in humans, even before they were 20 years old. ..
- Okabe T, Toda T, Nukitrangsan N, Inafuku M, Iwasaki H, Oku H. Peucedanum japonicum Thunb inhibits high-fat diet induced obesity in mice. Phytother Res. 2011;25:870-7 pubmed publisher..The rationale for the lipid lowering mechanism of PJT and the candidate compound responsible for the observations have also been discussed. ..
- Sakamoto T, Ishibashi T. Hyalocytes: essential cells of the vitreous cavity in vitreoretinal pathophysiology?. Retina. 2011;31:222-8 pubmed publisher..To review the present understanding of hyalocytes...
- Uno S, Tanaka H, Miki S, Kokushi E, Ito K, Yamamoto M, et al. Bioaccumulation of nitroarenes in bivalves at Osaka Bay, Japan. Mar Pollut Bull. 2011;63:477-81 pubmed publisher..Inter-species differences was only observed for 2-nitronaphthalene with oysters exhibiting significantly higher residues than mussels...
- Uto T, Akagi T, Toyama M, Nishi Y, Shima F, Akashi M, et al. Comparative activity of biodegradable nanoparticles with aluminum adjuvants: antigen uptake by dendritic cells and induction of immune response in mice. Immunol Lett. 2011;140:36-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?-PGA NPs may have great potential as an effective vaccine carrier and adjuvant for clinical use...
- Kamisasanuki T, Tokushige S, Terasaki H, Khai N, Wang Y, Sakamoto T, et al. Targeting CD9 produces stimulus-independent antiangiogenic effects predominantly in activated endothelial cells during angiogenesis: a novel antiangiogenic therapy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;413:128-35 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on the biological roles of CD9 and may lead to novel antiangiogenic therapies...
- Yoshikawa T, Takahashi Y, Kawaguchi H, Utsunomiya S, Miura N, Izumi H, et al. A dermal phototoxicity study following intravenous infusion administration of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride in the novel microminipigs. Toxicol Pathol. 2013;41:109-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the authors suggest that the MMPig may be a useful experimental animal model for dermal phototoxicity studies. ..
- Ibusuki A, Kawai K, Yoshida S, Uchida Y, Nitahara Takeuchi A, Kuroki K, et al. NKG2D triggers cytotoxicity in murine epidermal ?? T cells via PI3K-dependent, Syk/ZAP70-independent signaling pathway. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:396-404 pubmed publisher..Thus, NKG2D can function as a coactivating stress receptor that directly triggers cytotoxicity in DETCs, at least after priming, via the PI3K-dependent, Syk/ZAP70-independent signaling pathway. ..
- Kobayashi W, Ozawa M. The transcription factor LEF-1 induces an epithelial-mesenchymal transition in MDCK cells independent of ?-catenin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;442:133-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicated that the nuclear function of ?-catenin was not necessary for the induction of Slug, ZEB1, and ZEB2 expression leading to EMT. ..
- Kumamoto R, Uto H, Oda K, Ibusuki R, Tanoue S, Arima S, et al. Dietary fructose enhances the incidence of precancerous hepatocytes induced by administration of diethylnitrosamine in rat. Eur J Med Res. 2013;18:54 pubmed publisher..Thus, excessive fructose intake may be a potential risk factor for hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Hirashima Y, Nojiri M, Ohtsuka Y, Kato T, Shirafuji H, Kurazono M, et al. Resurgence of bovine ephemeral fever in mainland Japan in 2015 after a 23-year absence. J Vet Med Sci. 2017;79:904-911 pubmed publisher..Since the BEFV vaccination rates are estimated to be low, a BEF outbreak should be considered a possibility in mainland Japan...
- Uramura K, Funahashi H, Muroya S, Shioda S, Takigawa M, Yada T. Orexin-a activates phospholipase C- and protein kinase C-mediated Ca2+ signaling in dopamine neurons of the ventral tegmental area. Neuroreport. 2001;12:1885-9 pubmed..This effect may serve as the mechanism by which orexin regulates wakefulness/sleep states and exerts its behavioral and psychostimulant effects. ..
- Todoroki J, Noguchi J, Kikuchi K, Ohnuma K, Ozawa M, Kaneko H. Plasma concentrations of inhibin A in cattle with follicular cysts: relationships with turnover of follicular waves and plasma levels of gonadotropins and steroid hormones. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2004;27:333-44 pubmed..Inhibin A plays an important role in the extension of interwave intervals by suppressing recruitment of a new cohort of follicles. ..
- Taharaguchi S, Ito H, Ohta H, Takase K. Characterization of monoclonal antibodies against fowl adenovirus serotype 1 (FAV1) isolated from gizzard erosion. Avian Dis. 2006;50:331-5 pubmed..These Mabs will be useful for immunodiagnosis of FAV serotype 1 infection in chickens with gizzard erosion and in further research studies involving the genomes and proteins of FAV serotype 1...
- Matsumoto D, Takagi M, Fushimi Y, Okamoto K, Kido M, Ryuno M, et al. Effects of gamma-aminobutyric acid administration on health and growth rate of group-housed Japanese black calves fed using an automatic controlled milk feeder. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:651-6 pubmed..0 d/calf for BABA; 7.6 d/calf for the control; P=0.06). The health statuses of the 2 groups may be reflected in their blood parameters. GABA may possibly have etiotropic effects in group-housed calves fed using an automatic milk feeder. ..
- Kawaguchi H, Miyoshi N, Miyamoto Y, Souda M, Umekita Y, Yasuda N, et al. Effects of fetal exposure to 4-n-octylphenol on mammary tumorigenesis in rats. In Vivo. 2010;24:463-70 pubmed..These results suggest that fetal exposure to the very weak estrogenicity of OP could enhance the induction of MCs but not affect the induction of PLs. ..
- Himaki T, Mizobe Y, Tsuda K, Suetomo M, Yamakuchi H, Miyoshi K, et al. Effect of postactivation treatment with latrunculin A on in vitro and in vivo development of cloned embryos derived from kidney fibroblasts of an aged Clawn miniature boar. J Reprod Dev. 2012;58:398-403 pubmed
- Biro S, Masuda A, Kihara T, Tei C. Clinical implications of thermal therapy in lifestyle-related diseases. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2003;228:1245-9 pubmed..On the basis of these data, sauna therapy may be a promising therapy for patients with lifestyle-related diseases. ..
- Iino S, Abeyama K, Kawahara K, Yamakuchi M, Hashiguchi T, Matsukita S, et al. The antimetastatic role of thrombomodulin expression in islet cell-derived tumors and its diagnostic value. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:6179-88 pubmed..In addition, thrombomodulin is a clinically useful molecular marker not only for identifying beta-cell-origin islet cell tumors (i.e., insulinomas) but also for predicting disease prognosis of islet cell tumors. ..
- Takagi M, Mukai S, Kuriyagawa T, Takagaki K, Uno S, Kokushi E, et al. Detection of zearalenone and its metabolites in naturally contaminated follicular fluids by using LC/MS/MS and in vitro effects of zearalenone on oocyte maturation in cattle. Reprod Toxicol. 2008;26:164-9 pubmed publisher..Zen and its metabolites were detectable in bovine FFs. High Zen concentration may adversely affect meiotic competence but not the fertilization and development rates. ..
- Okamoto M, Sakai M, Goto Y, Salim M, Baba C, Goto K, et al. Anti-bovine viral diarrhoea virus and hepatitis C virus activity of the cyclooxygenase inhibitor SC-560. Antivir Chem Chemother. 2009;20:47-54 pubmed publisher..More importantly, the compound proved to be a selective inhibitor of HCV replication. SC-560 and its derivative might have potential as novel antiviral agents against HCV. ..
- Hirotsu M, Setoguchi T, Matsunoshita Y, Sasaki H, Nagao H, Gao H, et al. Tumour formation by single fibroblast growth factor receptor 3-positive rhabdomyosarcoma-initiating cells. Br J Cancer. 2009;101:2030-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines include a minor subpopulation of FGFR3-positive sarcoma-initiating cells, which can be maintained indefinitely in culture and which is crucial for their malignancy. ..
- Tanaka R, Inui A, Asakawa A, Atsuchi K, Ataka K, Fujimiya M. New method of manometric measurement of gastroduodenal motility in conscious mice: effects of ghrelin and Y2 depletion. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G1028-34 pubmed..Our model provides a new method for studies of gastrointestinal motility in various mouse models, including transgenic and knockout ones...
- Chang H, Ko M, Ishizuka M, Fujita S, Yabuki A, Hossain M, et al. Sodium 2-propenyl thiosulfate derived from garlic induces phase II detoxification enzymes in rat hepatoma H4IIE cells. Nutr Res. 2010;30:435-40 pubmed publisher..These results show that 2PTS can induce phase II enzymes, and its inductive effect is comparable or superior to that of diallyl trisulfide and tert-butylhydroquinone...
- Fujita S, Ikeda Y, Miyata M, Shinsato T, Kubozono T, Kuwahata S, et al. Effect of Waon therapy on oxidative stress in chronic heart failure. Circ J. 2011;75:348-56 pubmed..Waon therapy decreases oxidative stress in patients and hamsters with heart failure. ..
- Ogiso K, Asakawa A, Amitani H, Inui A. Ghrelin: a gut hormonal basis of motility regulation and functional dyspepsia. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26 Suppl 3:67-72 pubmed publisher..Altered gut-brain interactions may underlie the symptoms of FD. Ghrelin may be associated with FD through its effect on the regulation of gut motility. Further studies are needed to examine the effects of ghrelin in FD...
- Yamamoto M, Arimura H, Fukushige T, Minami K, Nishizawa Y, Tanimoto A, et al. Abcb10 role in heme biosynthesis in vivo: Abcb10 knockout in mice causes anemia with protoporphyrin IX and iron accumulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1077-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a critical role for Abcb10 in heme biosynthesis and provide new insights into the pathogenesis of erythropoietic protoporphyria and sideroblastic anemia. ..
- Roussel J, Labarthe F, Thireau J, Ferro F, Farah C, Roy J, et al. Carnitine deficiency induces a short QT syndrome. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13:165-74 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that long-chain fatty acid metabolism influence the morphology and the electrical function of the heart. ..
- Lyu L, Gao Q, Xu J, Minobe E, Zhu T, Kameyama M. A new interaction between proximal and distal C-terminus of Cav1.2 channels. J Pharmacol Sci. 2017;133:240-246 pubmed publisher..2 channel activity in inside-out patches in guinea-pig ventricular myocytes. These results suggest that distal C-terminus inhibits Cav1.2 channel through modulation of the CaM-binding property of the channels. ..
- Kusuyama J, Ohnishi T, Bandow K, Amir M, Shima K, Semba I, et al. Constitutive activation of p46JNK2 is indispensable for C/EBP? induction in the initial stage of adipogenic differentiation. Biochem J. 2017;474:3421-3437 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that constitutive JNK activity is specifically required for the initial stage differentiation events of adipocytes. ..
- Yoshino H, Nohata N, Miyamoto K, Yonemori M, Sakaguchi T, Sugita S, et al. PHGDH as a Key Enzyme for Serine Biosynthesis in HIF2?-Targeting Therapy for Renal Cell Carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2017;77:6321-6329 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify the serine biosynthesis pathway as a source of candidate therapeutic targets to eradicate advanced or metastatic ccRCC resistant to HIF2? antagonists. Cancer Res; 77(22); 6321-9. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Umemiya Shirafuji R, Tanaka T, Boldbaatar D, Tanaka T, Fujisaki K. Akt is an essential player in regulating cell/organ growth at the adult stage in the hard tick Haemaphysalis longicornis. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;42:164-73 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of identification and characterization of Akt in Chelicerata, including ticks...