Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Hiroshima, Japan
Locale: Hiroshima, Japan
Publications529 found, 100 shown here
- Muto A, Tashiro S, Nakajima O, Hoshino H, Takahashi S, Sakoda E, et al. The transcriptional programme of antibody class switching involves the repressor Bach2. Nature. 2004;429:566-71 pubmed..However, they failed to undergo efficient CSR. These findings define Bach2 as a key regulator of antibody response and provide an insight into the orchestration of CSR and SHM during plasma cell differentiation. ..
- Suenaga A, Ueki H. Effect of orthovanadate on platelet aggregation induced by platelet-activating factor. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004;27:1859-63 pubmed
- Patanasethanont D, Nagai J, Yumoto R, Murakami T, Sutthanut K, Sripanidkulchai B, et al. Effects of Kaempferia parviflora extracts and their flavone constituents on P-glycoprotein function. J Pharm Sci. 2007;96:223-33 pubmed
- Liem I, Aoyama H. Body wall morphogenesis: limb-genesis interferes with body wall-genesis via its influence on the abaxial somite derivatives. Mech Dev. 2009;126:198-211 pubmed publisher..The present study supports the idea that the somitic cells give rise to the primaxial derivatives keeping their own identity and fate, whereas they produce the abaxial derivatives responding to the lateral plate mesoderm. ..
- Nakarai H, Yamashita A, Takagi M, Adachi M, Sugiyama M, Noda H, et al. Periodontal disease and hypertriglyceridemia in Japanese subjects: potential association with enhanced lipolysis. Metabolism. 2011;60:823-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that periodontal infection, especially bacterial endotoxinemia, is associated with enhanced lipolysis and subsequent up-regulation of circulating TG in Japanese with midrange BMI...
- Madinabeitia I, Nagasawa K. Chalimus stages of Caligus latigenitalis (Copepoda:Caligidae) parasitic on blackhead seabream from Japanese waters, with discussion of terminology used for developmental stages of caligids. J Parasitol. 2011;97:221-36 pubmed publisher..New terminology for the developmental stages of caligid copepods is proposed herein by amending the definition of chalimus as the postnaupliar stages, as well as semaphoronts having a frontal filament for host attachment...
- Tsuge M, Fujimoto Y, Hiraga N, Zhang Y, Ohnishi M, Kohno T, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection suppresses the interferon response in the liver of the human hepatocyte chimeric mouse. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23856 pubmed publisher..95Ã—10(-2)). These results provide molecular insights into possible mechanisms used by HCV to evade innate immune responses, as well as novel therapeutic targets and a potential new indication for interferon therapy. ..
- Zhao X, Higashikawa F, Noda M, Kawamura Y, Matoba Y, Kumagai T, et al. The obesity and fatty liver are reduced by plant-derived Pediococcus pentosaceus LP28 in high fat diet-induced obese mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30696 pubmed publisher..039), were down-regulated by taking LP28 continuously, when compared with those of the control group. In conclusion, LP28 may be a useful LAB strain for the prevention and reduction of the metabolic syndrome. ..
- Sakuma T, Hosoi S, Woltjen K, Suzuki K, Kashiwagi K, Wada H, et al. Efficient TALEN construction and evaluation methods for human cell and animal applications. Genes Cells. 2013;18:315-26 pubmed publisher..Our methods are more time efficient compared with conventional yeast-based evaluation methods and provide a more accessible and effective protocol for the application of TALENs in various model organisms. ..
- Doi K, Oue H, Morita K, Kajihara S, Kubo T, Koretake K, et al. Development of implant/interconnected porous hydroxyapatite complex as new concept graft material. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49051 pubmed publisher..23±8.25 in the 6-month. Significant difference was detected between the 2 and 6-month. Within the results of this study, the IP-CHA/implant complex might be able to achieve both bone reconstruction and implant stability. ..
- Nakashima S, Morinaka K, Koyama S, Ikeda M, Kishida M, Okawa K, et al. Small G protein Ral and its downstream molecules regulate endocytosis of EGF and insulin receptors. EMBO J. 1999;18:3629-42 pubmed
- Kawai N, Tanaka E, Langenbach G, van Wessel T, Brugman P, Sano R, et al. Daily jaw muscle activity in freely moving rats measured with radio-telemetry. Eur J Oral Sci. 2007;115:15-20 pubmed..These findings suggest that the masseter muscle and the digastric muscle show a differential active pattern, depending on the activity level. ..
- Tang H, Li Y, Arihiro K, Nakata Y. Activation of the neurokinin-1 receptor by substance P triggers the release of substance P from cultured adult rat dorsal root ganglion neurons. Mol Pain. 2007;3:42 pubmed..These results indicate that the neurokinin-1 receptor activation by its agonists regulates the SP release process involving the activation of MAP kinases, PKCs and COX-2 from cultured DRG neurons. ..
- Takeda K, Sakai N, Shiba H, Nagahara T, Fujita T, Kajiya M, et al. Characteristics of high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid as a brain-derived neurotrophic factor scaffold in periodontal tissue regeneration. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:955-67 pubmed publisher..Neither the poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) group nor the BDNF/poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) group enhanced periodontal tissue regeneration. In conclusion, HMW-HA is an adequate scaffold for the clinical application of BDNF. ..
- Hori J, Deie M, Kobayashi T, Yasunaga Y, Kawamata S, Ochi M. Articular cartilage repair using an intra-articular magnet and synovium-derived cells. J Orthop Res. 2011;29:531-8 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that articular cartilage defects could be repaired using an intra-articular magnet and M-SDCs. We believe that this system will be useful to repair human articular cartilage defects. ..
- Segawa M, Morinobu S, Matsumoto T, Fuchikami M, Yamawaki S. Electroconvulsive seizure, but not imipramine, rapidly up-regulates pro-BDNF and t-PA, leading to mature BDNF production, in the rat hippocampus. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013;16:339-50 pubmed publisher..Such efficient pro-BDNF processing as well as strong induction of BDNF expression may contribute to the antidepressant effects of ECS. ..
- Matsubayashi H, Inoue A, Amano T, Seki T, Nakata Y, Sasa M, et al. Involvement of alpha7- and alpha4beta2-type postsynaptic nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in nicotine-induced excitation of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra: a patch clamp and single-cell PCR study using acutely dissociated nigral neuron. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;129:1-7 pubmed..These results suggest that nicotine directly acts on postsynaptic alpha7- and alpha4beta2-type nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and induces inward current, which result in the excitation of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra. ..
- Kajimura J, Fujiwara T, Yamada S, Suzawa Y, Nishida T, Oyamada Y, et al. Identification and molecular characterization of an N-acetylmuramyl-L-alanine amidase Sle1 involved in cell separation of Staphylococcus aureus. Mol Microbiol. 2005;58:1087-101 pubmed publisher..aureus uses two peptidoglycan hydrolases, Atl and Sle1, for cell separation. Unlike Atl, Sle1 is not directly involved in autolysis of S. aureus...
- Ogawa S, Tomita M, Shimizu K, Yoshizato K. Generation of a transgenic silkworm that secretes recombinant proteins in the sericin layer of cocoon: production of recombinant human serum albumin. J Biotechnol. 2007;128:531-44 pubmed..Germline transgenic silkworms will be useful for producing various recombinant proteins in the sericin layer of cocoons. ..
- Fukuzawa M, Yamaguchi R, Hide I, Chen Z, Hirai Y, Sugimoto A, et al. Possible involvement of long chain fatty acids in the spores of Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi Houshi) to its anti-tumor activity. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:1933-7 pubmed..Our results suggest the spores of G. lucidum contain 19-carbon fatty acids as one of the components for characteristics of its physiological effects. ..
- Kodama Y, Ozaki K, Sano T, Matsuura T, Narama I. Enhanced tumorigenesis of forestomach tumors induced by N-Methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine in rats with hypoinsulinemic diabetes. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1604-9 pubmed publisher..8-33.3%). These results suggest that prolonged hyperglycemic conditions without hyperinsulinemia enhance tumorigenesis of MNNG-induced tumors by enhanced proliferative activity of the squamous epithelium in the rat forestomach. ..
- Watanabe M, Miura K, Hunter M, Wajnberg E. Superinfection of cytoplasmic incompatibility-inducing Wolbachia is not additive in Orius strigicollis (Hemiptera: Anthocoridae). Heredity (Edinb). 2011;106:642-8 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first clear case of non-additive CI in a natural superinfection...
- Tsuyama N, Mizuno H, Tokunaga E, Masujima T. Live single-cell molecular analysis by video-mass spectrometry. Anal Sci. 2008;24:559-61 pubmed..This method is direct and quick to identify the molecules of a cell with simultaneous observation by a video-microscope. ..
- Nakashima T, Yokoyama A, Onari Y, Shoda H, Haruta Y, Hattori N, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 inhibits pulmonary inflammation and fibrosis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;121:1269-76 pubmed publisher..Exogenous SOCS1 inhibited expression of various cytokines, including TNF-alpha, which might play a key role. These results suggest that SOCS1 might act as a suppressor for pulmonary fibrosis. SOCS1 might be a target of IPF treatment. ..
- Yoshioka K, Ueno Y, Tanaka S, Nagai K, Onitake T, Hanaoka R, et al. Role of natural killer T cells in the mouse colitis-associated colon cancer model. Scand J Immunol. 2012;75:16-26 pubmed publisher..1 (+) T cells was significantly decreased. These results suggest that iNKT cells may play a critical role in the prevention of tumour progression and inflammation in the AOM/DSS model. ..
- Shinagawa K, Kitadai Y, Tanaka M, Sumida T, Onoyama M, Ohnishi M, et al. Stroma-directed imatinib therapy impairs the tumor-promoting effect of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells in an orthotopic transplantation model of colon cancer. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:813-23 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that blockade of PDGF signaling pathways influences the interaction between bone marrow-derived MSCs and tumor cells in the tumor microenvironment and, hence, inhibits the progressive growth of colon cancer. ..
- Yamashita Y, Shimada M. The release of EGF domain from EGF-like factors by a specific cleavage enzyme activates the EGFR-MAPK3/1 pathway in both granulosa cells and cumulus cells during the ovulation process. J Reprod Dev. 2012;58:510-4 pubmed..Thus, TACE/ADAM17 is one of the key genes expressed in both granulosa cells and cumulus cells for induction of the ovulation process. ..
- Nagai J, Tanaka H, Nakanishi N, Murakami T, Takano M. Role of megalin in renal handling of aminoglycosides. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F337-44 pubmed..In addition, the interaction between aminoglycosides and calcium in the kidney may be due to the competition among these compounds to bind to megalin. ..
- Nobukuni Y, Kohno K, Miyagawa K. Gene trap mutagenesis-based forward genetic approach reveals that the tumor suppressor OVCA1 is a component of the biosynthetic pathway of diphthamide on elongation factor 2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10572-7 pubmed publisher..A functional genetic approach utilizing the random gene trap mutants library of mammalian cells should become a useful strategy to identify the genes responsible for specific phenotypes...
- Yamada T, Mishima T, Sakamoto M, Sugiyama M, Matsunaga S, Wada M. Oxidation of myosin heavy chain and reduction in force production in hyperthyroid rat soleus. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2006;100:1520-6 pubmed..These data suggest that in hyperthyroidism the decrease in force production of skeletal muscles may stem primarily from failure in myofibrillar protein function resulting from oxidative modification of MHC. ..
- Tanne Y, Tanimoto K, Tanaka N, Ueki M, Lin Y, Ohkuma S, et al. Expression and activity of Runx2 mediated by hyaluronan during chondrocyte differentiation. Arch Oral Biol. 2008;53:478-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HAoligo may affect the terminal differentiation of chondrocytes during the endochondral ossification by inhibiting the expression and activity of Runx2. ..
- Miyazaki M, Miyazaki K, Itoi M, Katoh Y, Guo Y, Kanno R, et al. Thymocyte proliferation induced by pre-T cell receptor signaling is maintained through polycomb gene product Bmi-1-mediated Cdkn2a repression. Immunity. 2008;28:231-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that this epigenetic regulation critically contributes to the survival of the activated pre-T cells, thereby supporting their proliferation during the DN-DP transition. ..
- Ueda K, Kawabata R, Irie T, Nakai Y, Tohya Y, Sakaguchi T. Inactivation of pathogenic viruses by plant-derived tannins: strong effects of extracts from persimmon (Diospyros kaki) on a broad range of viruses. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55343 pubmed publisher..Considering that persimmon tannin is a food supplement, it has a potential to be utilized as a safe and highly effective anti-viral reagent against pathogenic viruses...
- Kakehashi R, Kurabayashi A, Oumi S, Katsuren S, Hoso M, Sumida M. Mitochondrial genomes of Japanese Babina frogs (Ranidae, Anura): unique gene arrangements and the phylogenetic position of genus Babina. Genes Genet Syst. 2013;88:59-67 pubmed..Based on the "duplication and deletion" gene rearrangement model, a single genomic duplication event can explain the order of derived mt genes found in Babina and Odorrana...
- Watanabe Y, Tanaka R, Kobayashi H, Utoh R, Suzuki K, Obara M, et al. Metamorphosis-dependent transcriptional regulation of xak-c, a novel Xenopus type I keratin gene. Dev Dyn. 2002;225:561-70 pubmed..In sharp contrast, the promoter region did not respond to TH in the adult skin, clearly indicating that the cloned region contains specific sequences that respond to metamorphosis-dependent transcription factor(s). ..
- Amano T, Aihua Z, Matsubayashi H, Seki T, Serikawa T, Sasa M, et al. Antiepileptic effects of single and repeated oral administrations of S-312-d, a novel calcium channel antagonist, on tonic convulsions in spontaneously epileptic rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2004;95:355-62 pubmed..In contrast, the repeated treatment with S-312-d did not influence absence-like seizures of SER. These results suggest that S-312-d is a candidate drug that has antiepileptic effects against the convulsive seizures in human epilepsy. ..
- Seki T, Matsubayashi H, Amano T, Shirai Y, Saito N, Sakai N. Phosphorylation of PKC activation loop plays an important role in receptor-mediated translocation of PKC. Genes Cells. 2005;10:225-39 pubmed..Our present study suggests that the activation loop phosphorylation plays an important role in receptor-mediated PKC targeting. ..
- Sugiyama S, Hirota A, Okada C, Yorita T, Sato K, Ohtsuki K. Effect of kiwifruit juice on beef collagen. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2005;51:27-33 pubmed..Thus, it can be suggested that the pre-treatment with kiwifruit juice might be useful in meat softening under vacuum-cooking and grilling, but not under stewing. ..
- Doi M, Yokoyama A, Kondo K, Ohnishi H, Ishikawa N, Hattori N, et al. Anti-tumor effect of the anti-KL-6/MUC1 monoclonal antibody through exposure of surface molecules by MUC1 capping. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:420-9 pubmed
- Yazama F, Furuta K, Fujimoto M, Sonoda T, Shigetomi H, Horiuchi T, et al. Abnormal spermatogenesis in mice unable to synthesize ascorbic acid. Anat Sci Int. 2006;81:115-25 pubmed..In the present study, the relationship between the apoptosis of spermatocytes and Hsp70 in VC-deficient mice is discussed. ..
- Morita K, Motoyama N, Kitayama T, Morioka N, Kifune K, Dohi T. Spinal antiallodynia action of glycine transporter inhibitors in neuropathic pain models in mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008;326:633-45 pubmed publisher..This may also provide important information for understanding the underlying molecular mechanisms of the development of neuropathic pain. ..
- Adachi T, Wang X, Murata T, Obara M, Akutsu H, Machida M, et al. Production of a non-triple helical collagen alpha chain in transgenic silkworms and its evaluation as a gelatin substitute for cell culture. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2010;106:860-70 pubmed publisher..These results show that the recombinant human alpha1(I) chain is a promising candidate biomaterial as a high-quality and safe gelatin substitute for cell culture. ..
- Nagamachi A, Htun P, Ma F, Miyazaki K, Yamasaki N, Kanno M, et al. A 5' untranslated region containing the IRES element in the Runx1 gene is required for angiogenesis, hematopoiesis and leukemogenesis in a knock-in mouse model. Dev Biol. 2010;345:226-36 pubmed publisher..The findings reported here demonstrate the essential roles of the IRES element in Runx1 function under physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Shinozuka Y, Yamato O, Hossain M, Higaki T, Ishikawa I, Ichiba S, et al. Bacillary hemoglobinuria in Japanese black cattle in Hiroshima, Japan: a case study. J Vet Med Sci. 2011;73:255-8 pubmed..Clostridium haemolyticum was detected by a nested polymerase chain reaction analysis of the blood samples. The cows were diagnosed with the second recorded occurrence of bacillary hemoglobinuria in Japan...
- Takahashi K, Watanabe M, Suekawa Y, Ito G, Inubushi T, Hirose N, et al. IL-1beta in the trigeminal subnucleus caudalis contributes to extra-territorial allodynia/hyperalgesia following a trigeminal nerve injury. Eur J Pain. 2011;15:467.e1-14 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-1beta in the Vc plays an important role in the development of extra-territorial tactile allodynia/hyperalgesia after MN transection. ..
- Tanaka S, Hattori N, Ishikawa N, Shoda H, Takano A, Nishino R, et al. Krebs von den Lungen-6 (KL-6) is a prognostic biomarker in patients with surgically resected nonsmall cell lung cancer. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:377-87 pubmed publisher..041 and 0.023, respectively). Our data suggest that preoperative serum KL-6 level reflects KL-6 expression patterns in NSCLC tissue, and can serve as a useful prognostic biomarker in NSCLC patients who undergo curative surgery. ..
- Yoshida C, Nakao T. Response of plasma cortisol and progesterone after ACTH challenge in ovariectomized lactating dairy cows. J Reprod Dev. 2005;51:99-107 pubmed..The results suggest that lactating cows have the capability to secrete a significant amount of progesterone from the adrenal cortex. ..
- Dex S, Lin D, Shukunami C, Docheva D. Tenogenic modulating insider factor: Systematic assessment on the functions of tenomodulin gene. Gene. 2016;587:1-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together this review offers a solid synopsis on the up-to-date information available about TNMD and aids at directing and focusing the future research to fully uncover the roles and implications of this interesting gene. ..
- Mitsunaga Nakatsubo K, Kusunoki S, Kawakami H, Akasaka K, Akimoto Y. Cell-surface arylsulfatase A and B on sinusoidal endothelial cells, hepatocytes, and Kupffer cells in mammalian livers. Med Mol Morphol. 2009;42:63-9 pubmed publisher..The extracellular localization of ARS will provide new insight for human ARS deficiency disorders, such as metachromatic leukodystrophy and mucopolysaccharidosis VI. ..
- Kato J, Amie J, Murata Y, Kuroda A, Mitsutani A, Ohtake H. Development of a genetic transformation system for an alga-lysing bacterium. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1998;64:2061-4 pubmed..7-kb EcoRI-HindIII region of pAS28 was essential for plasmid maintenance in strain A28. This EcoRI-HindIII fragment contained an open reading frame which appeared to encode a 708-amino-acid protein. ..
- Satoda T, Matsumoto H, Zhou L, Rose P, Richmond F. Mesencephalic projections to the first cervical segment in the cat. Exp Brain Res. 2002;144:397-413 pubmed..These results suggest that at least ten different cell groups project to the ventral horn of the first cervical segment. Most, but not all, groups originate from regions implicated previously in the control of eye or head movements. ..
- Ohashi K, Winarno H, Mukai M, Shibuya H. Preparation and cancer cell invasion inhibitory effects of C16-alkynic fatty acids. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2003;51:463-6 pubmed
- Michihara A, Akasaki K, Yamori Y, Tsuji H. Subcellular distribution of mouse mevalonate pyrophosphate decarboxylase. Biol Pharm Bull. 2003;26:579-84 pubmed..From these results, it indicated that MPD was predominantly located in the cytosol and did not exist in the peroxisomes of B16F10 cells. ..
- Soda Y, Sumen Y, Murakami Y, Ikuta Y, Ochi M. Attachment of autogenous tendon graft to cortical bone is better than to cancellous bone: a mechanical and histological study of MCL reconstruction in rabbits. Acta Orthop Scand. 2003;74:322-6 pubmed..With time, tendon attachments matured in both groups. Our study showed that reattachment of tendons to cortical bone may be bettter than to cancellous bone. ..
- Kurayoshi M, Yamamoto H, Izumi S, Kikuchi A. Post-translational palmitoylation and glycosylation of Wnt-5a are necessary for its signalling. Biochem J. 2007;402:515-23 pubmed..Thus the post-translational palmitoylation and glycosylation of Wnt-5a are important for the actions and secretion of Wnt-5a. ..
- Hikosaka A, Kobayashi T, Saito Y, Kawahara A. Evolution of the Xenopus piggyBac transposon family TxpB: domesticated and untamed strategies of transposon subfamilies. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:2648-56 pubmed publisher..The present results support our viewpoint that some Uribo2 members are naturally active autonomous transposons, whereas Kobuta members may be domesticated by hosts...
- Masumoto H, Katori Y, Kawase T, Cho B, Murakami G, Shibata S, et al. False positive reactivity of a substance P-antibody in the ectodermal/epithelial plug of the nose, ear, eye and perineum of the human and mouse fetuses. Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn. 2010;87:33-40 pubmed..Which substance it crossed remains unknown. ..
- Ochi M, Matsunami K, Otsuka H, Takeda Y. A new iridoid glycoside and NO production inhibitory activity of compounds isolated from Russelia equisetiformis. J Nat Med. 2012;66:227-32 pubmed publisher..The structure of the new compound was elucidated to be 10-O-cinnamoyl sinuatol. Of the 25 compounds isolated, rehmaglutin B exhibited moderate inhibitory activity toward NO production, which was not associated with cytotoxicity. ..
- Nakatsu Y, Mori K, Matsunaga Y, Yamamotoya T, Ueda K, Inoue Y, et al. The prolyl isomerase Pin1 increases β-cell proliferation and enhances insulin secretion. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11886-11895 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our observations demonstrate critical roles of Pin1 in pancreatic β cells and that Pin1 both promotes β-cell proliferation and activates insulin secretion. ..
- Seki T, Matsubayashi H, Amano T, Kitada K, Serikawa T, Sasa M, et al. Adenoviral gene transfer of aspartoacylase ameliorates tonic convulsions of spontaneously epileptic rats. Neurochem Int. 2004;45:171-8 pubmed..Survival rates did not differ between AxASPA- and AxLacZ-treated SERs. Adenoviral gene transfer of ASPA, one of the deleted genes of SER, transiently rescued SERs from tonic convulsion, although it did not improve their survival time. ..
- Tazawa I, Shimizu Nishikawa K, Yoshizato K. A novel Xenopus laevis larval keratin gene, xlk2: its gene structure and expression during regeneration and metamorphosis of limb and tail. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:216-24 pubmed
- Yamaguchi M, Fujimura K, Toga H, Khwaja A, Okamura N, Chopra R. Shwachman-Diamond syndrome is not necessary for the terminal maturation of neutrophils but is important for maintaining viability of granulocyte precursors. Exp Hematol. 2007;35:579-86 pubmed..However, SBDS knockdown cells were sensitive to apoptotic stimuli, indicating that SBDS acts to maintain survival of granulocyte precursor cells. ..
- Irie T, Nagata N, Yoshida T, Sakaguchi T. Paramyxovirus Sendai virus C proteins are essential for maintenance of negative-sense RNA genome in virus particles. Virology. 2008;374:495-505 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate for the first time that the C proteins regulate balance of viral genome and antigenome RNA synthesis for efficient production of infectious virus particles in the course of virus infection. ..
- Yamawaki Y, Kimura H, Hosoi T, Ozawa K. MyD88 plays a key role in LPS-induced Stat3 activation in the hypothalamus. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010;298:R403-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal a novel mechanism, i.e., MyD88 plays a key role in mediating STAT3 phosphorylation and anorexia in the CNS in a state of infection and inflammation. ..
- Kitagawa M, Kitagawa S, Nagasaki A, Miyauchi M, Uchida T, Takata T. Synthetic ameloblastin peptide stimulates differentiation of human periodontal ligament cells. Arch Oral Biol. 2011;56:374-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the ameloblastin peptide upregulate ALP and BSP levels and can enhance calcification of PDLC. Thus, we suggest that the N-terminal synthetic ameloblastin peptide promotes the differentiation activity of PDLC. ..
- Rego E, Inubushi T, Miyauchi M, Kawazoe A, Tanaka E, Takata T, et al. Ultrasound stimulation attenuates root resorption of rat replanted molars and impairs tumor necrosis factor-? signaling in vitro. J Periodontal Res. 2011;46:648-54 pubmed publisher..It is therefore suggested that ultrasound shows potential as a therapeutic tool to optimize the regenerative potential of periodontal tissues on replanted teeth. ..
- Fujimoto N, Kitamura S, Kanno J. Androgen dependent transcription of a mouse prostatic protein gene, PSP94: involvement of estrogen receptors. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;127:301-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that the androgen-dependent transcription of the mPSP94 gene was co-regulated/modulated by the presence of ER? via ERE-like motifs. ..
- Miyaki S, Asahara H. Macro view of microRNA function in osteoarthritis. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2012;8:543-52 pubmed publisher..The emergent roles of microRNAs in cartilage homeostasis and OA pathogenesis are summarized in this Review, alongside potential clinical applications...
- Morioka N, Yoshida Y, Nakamura Y, Hidaka N, Hisaoka Nakashima K, Nakata Y. The regulation of exon-specific brain-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA expression by protein kinase C in rat cultured dorsal root ganglion neurons. Brain Res. 2013;1509:20-31 pubmed publisher..These data suggest multiple pathways in the expression of BDNF in nociceptive sensory neurons. ..
- Watanabe K, Ohno M, Taguchi M, Kawamoto S, Ono K, Aki T. Identification of amino acid residues that determine the substrate specificity of mammalian membrane-bound front-end fatty acid desaturases. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:89-99 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the structural basis of the substrate specificity of a mammalian front-end fatty acid desaturase, which will aid in efficient production of value-added fatty acids. ..
- Hirono C, Nakamoto T, Sugita M, Iwasa Y, Akagawa Y, Shiba Y. Gramicidin-perforated patch analysis on HCO3- secretion through a forskolin-activated anion channel in rat parotid intralobular duct cells. J Membr Biol. 2001;180:11-9 pubmed
- Ji qun C, Ishihara K, Nagayama T, Serikawa T, Sasa M. Long-lasting antiepileptic effects of levetiracetam against epileptic seizures in the spontaneously epileptic rat (SER): differentiation of levetiracetam from conventional antiepileptic drugs. Epilepsia. 2005;46:1362-70 pubmed..This long-lasting effect suggests that LEV may possess an antiepileptogenic effect that it does not share with PHT, PB, VPA, and CBZ. ..
- Tagawa M, Yumoto R, Oda K, Nagai J, Takano M. Low-affinity transport of FITC-albumin in alveolar type II epithelial cell line RLE-6TN. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2008;23:318-27 pubmed..Possible involvement of macropinocytosis was also suggested. ..
- Fujimoto N, Suzuki T, Ohta S, Kitamura S. Identification of rat prostatic secreted proteins using mass spectrometric analysis and androgen-dependent mRNA expression. J Androl. 2009;30:669-78 pubmed publisher..A novel view of rat prostate secretion from our results should contribute to an understanding of the biological functions of the prostate gland. ..
- Noda K, Goto H, Murakami Y, Ahmed A, Kuroda A. Endotoxin assay by bioluminescence using mutant firefly luciferase. Anal Biochem. 2010;397:152-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we developed a new endotoxin detection method that combines the Limulus reaction and bioluminescence using mutant luciferase. The new method detects 0.0005EU/ml of endotoxin within 15min. ..
- Ono Minagi H, Sarper S, Kurosaka H, Kuremoto K, Taniuchi I, Sakai T, et al. Runx1 mediates the development of the granular convoluted tubules in the submandibular glands. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184395 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, RUNX1 could also be involved in the membrane trafficking of the AQP5 protein of the acinar cells in the SMG in order to allow for the proper secretion of saliva. ..
- Katsura Y, Kondo H, Ryan J, Harley V, Satta Y. The evolutionary process of mammalian sex determination genes focusing on marsupial SRYs. BMC Evol Biol. 2018;18:3 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the marsupial SRY gene has a function in male determination, but additional experiments are needed to be conclusive. ..
- Tsukamoto K, Hazeki K, Hoshi M, Nigorikawa K, Inoue N, Sasaki T, et al. Critical roles of the p110 beta subtype of phosphoinositide 3-kinase in lipopolysaccharide-induced Akt activation and negative regulation of nitrite production in RAW 264.7 cells. J Immunol. 2008;180:2054-61 pubmed..Together, the results suggest a specific function of p110beta in the negative feedback regulation of TLR signaling. ..
- Nishi H, Ohta K, Takechi M, Yoneda S, Hiraoka M, Kamata N. Wound healing effects of gingival fibroblasts cultured in animal-free medium. Oral Dis. 2010;16:438-44 pubmed publisher..Gingival fibroblasts cultured in HFDM1 with 2% HS may be useful as a graft material for reconstruction. ..
- Kadoya T, Yamamoto H, Suzuki T, Yukita A, Fukui A, Michiue T, et al. Desumoylation activity of Axam, a novel Axin-binding protein, is involved in downregulation of beta-catenin. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3803-19 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Axam functions as a desumoylation enzyme to downregulate beta-catenin and suggest that sumoylation is involved in the regulation of the Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Uesaka T, Lu H, Katoh O, Watanabe H. Heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor gene transcription regulated by Cdx2 in the intestinal epithelium. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;283:G840-7 pubmed..These data indicate that HB-EGF gene expression can be regulated by Cdx2 and serves to mediate the control of Cdx2 of the proliferation and migration of IEC-6 cells. ..
- Sakita Suto S, Kanda A, Suzuki F, Sato S, Takata T, Tatsuka M. Aurora-B regulates RNA methyltransferase NSUN2. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1107-17 pubmed..These results indicate that Aurora-B participates to regulate the assembly of nucleolar RNA-processing machinery and the RNA methyltransferase activity of NSUN2 via phosphorylation at Ser139 during mitosis. ..
- Kawahara Y, Manabe T, Matsumoto M, Kajiume T, Matsumoto M, Yuge L. LIF-free embryonic stem cell culture in simulated microgravity. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6343 pubmed publisher..We used feeder-free and serum-free media without LIF. Here we show that simulated microgravity allows novel LIF-free and animal derived material-free culture methods for mouse ES cells. ..
- Oue N, Sentani K, Noguchi T, Ohara S, Sakamoto N, Hayashi T, et al. Serum olfactomedin 4 (GW112, hGC-1) in combination with Reg IV is a highly sensitive biomarker for gastric cancer patients. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:2383-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that serum olfactomedin 4 is a useful marker for GC and its measurement alone or in combination with Reg IV has utility in the early detection of GC. ..
- Fujita T, Hayashida K, Shiba H, Kishimoto A, Matsuda S, Takeda K, et al. The expressions of claudin-1 and E-cadherin in junctional epithelium. J Periodontal Res. 2010;45:579-82 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that claudin-1 and E-cadherin exist in the junctional epithelium and may play an important role in epithelial barrier function. ..
- Fujita Y, Mihara T, Okazaki T, Shitanaka M, Kushino R, Ikeda C, et al. Toll-like receptors (TLR) 2 and 4 on human sperm recognize bacterial endotoxins and mediate apoptosis. Hum Reprod. 2011;26:2799-806 pubmed publisher..Sperm can recognize bacterial endotoxins by TLRs present in their membranes. The activated TLRs reduce sperm motility, induce sperm apoptosis and significantly impair the potential for fertilization. ..
- Fujita T, Hayashi H, Shirakura M, Tsuka Y, Fujii E, Kawata T, et al. Regeneration of condyle with a functional appliance. J Dent Res. 2013;92:322-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a favorable regeneration process in the condylectomized area due to the use of a functional appliance. In addition, due to condylar regeneration, symmetrical masticatory muscle activity was achieved. ..
- Hirabayashi R, Hozumi S, Higashijima S, Kikuchi Y. Ddx46 is required for multi-lineage differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:2532-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide the first genetic evidence that zebrafish Ddx46 is required for the multilineage differentiation of HSCs during development, through the regulation of specific gene expressions. ..