Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Chiba, Japan
Locale: Chiba, Japan
Publications510 found, 100 shown here
- Ohashi S, Atsumi M, Kobayashi S. HSP60 interacts with YB-1 and affects its polysome association and subcellular localization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;385:545-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that HSP60 interacts with YB-1 at the YB-NLS region and acts as a regulator of polysome association and the subcellular distribution of YB-1. ..
- Kondrashov N, Pusic A, Stumpf C, Shimizu K, Hsieh A, Ishijima J, et al. Ribosome-mediated specificity in Hox mRNA translation and vertebrate tissue patterning. Cell. 2011;145:383-397 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that RP activity may be highly regulated to impart a new layer of specificity in the control of gene expression and mammalian development. ..
- Yamauchi K, Kasuya Y, Kuroda F, Tanaka K, Tsuyusaki J, Ishizaki S, et al. Attenuation of lung inflammation and fibrosis in CD69-deficient mice after intratracheal bleomycin. Respir Res. 2011;12:131 pubmed publisher..The present study clearly demonstrates that CD69 plays an important role in the progression of lung injury induced by BLM. ..
- Tsuneoka Y, Irie M, Tanaka Y, Sugimoto T, Kobayashi Y, Kusakabe T, et al. Permissive role of reduced inwardly-rectifying potassium current density in the automaticity of the guinea pig pulmonary vein myocardium. J Pharmacol Sci. 2017;133:195-202 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the pulmonary vein cardiomyocytes have a reduced density of the inwardly-rectifying potassium current, which plays a permissive role in their intracellular Ca2+-dependent automaticity. ..
- Yamazaki H, Bujo H, Kusunoki J, Seimiya K, Kanaki T, Morisaki N, et al. Elements of neural adhesion molecules and a yeast vacuolar protein sorting receptor are present in a novel mammalian low density lipoprotein receptor family member. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:24761-8 pubmed..The identification of this highly conserved and superbly complex protein offers the opportunity to gain new insights into the emergence of multifunctional mosaic proteins akin to the ever expanding LDL receptor gene family. ..
- Kamata K, Kiyota M, Naoe A, Nakatani S, Yamamoto Y, Hayashi M, et al. New bisindole alkaloids isolated from Myxomycetes Arcyria cinerea and Lycogala epidendrum. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2005;53:594-7 pubmed..The structures of the new compounds were elucidated by spectral data. Among these bisindole alkaloids, compound 12 showed cytotoxicity against cultured tumor cell lines...
- Hamada M, Kiryu H, Iwasaki W, Asai K. Generalized centroid estimators in bioinformatics. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16450 pubmed publisher..Not only the concept presented in this paper gives a useful framework to design MEA-based estimators but also it is highly extendable and sheds new light on many problems in bioinformatics. ..
- Takayanagi I, Hisayama T, Iwase M, Sakuma N, Nagai H. Pharmacological properties of tiropramide, an antispasmodic drug. Gen Pharmacol. 1989;20:335-9 pubmed..4. Tiropramide is considered to be useful to inhibit the contractile response of the urinary bladder, as this organ is mainly innervated by noncholinergic excitatory neurons. ..
- Nomura N, Nagase T, Miyajima N, Sazuka T, Tanaka A, Sato S, et al. Prediction of the coding sequences of unidentified human genes. II. The coding sequences of 40 new genes (KIAA0041-KIAA0080) deduced by analysis of cDNA clones from human cell line KG-1 (supplement). DNA Res. 1994;1:251-62 pubmed
- Saito T, Matsuda Y, Suzuki T, Hayashi A, Yuan X, Saito M, et al. Comparative gene mapping of the human and mouse TEP1 genes, which encode one protein component of telomerases. Genomics. 1997;46:46-50 pubmed..7 cM distal to D14Mit18 and D14Mit134 and 2.0 cM proximal to D14Mit5 on mouse chromosome 14, where conserved linkage homology with human chromosome 14q11-q12 has been identified. ..
- Horinouchi T, Tsujitani M, Koike K. [Pharmacological analysis of atypical beta-adrenoceptors in the guinea pig gastrointestinal tissue systems]. Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi. 1999;114 Suppl 1:118P-122P pubmed..There is not a tissue difference in atypical beta-adrenoceptors in the guinea pig gastrointestinal tissue systems between stomach and ileum...
- Morita M, Suzuki T. The identification of the sympathetic neurons innervating the hamster submandibular gland and their electrophysiological membrane properties. Bull Tokyo Dent Coll. 2001;42:15-33 pubmed..The delayed rectifiers, A channels, and BK and SK (slowly Ca2+-activated) channels were involved in generation of spike-AHP. Muscarine suppressed the Ca2+ component of spike via muscarinic receptors...
- Toyohara J, Hayashi A, Sato M, Tanaka H, Haraguchi K, Yoshimura Y, et al. Rationale of 5-(125)I-iodo-4'-thio-2'-deoxyuridine as a potential iodinated proliferation marker. J Nucl Med. 2002;43:1218-26 pubmed..Radioiodine-labeled ITdU is potentially useful as a proliferation-imaging agent, and further studies should clarify the usefulness of this compound as a tumor-imaging agent. ..
- Matsumoto M, Miki T, Shibasaki T, Kawaguchi M, Shinozaki H, Nio J, et al. Noc2 is essential in normal regulation of exocytosis in endocrine and exocrine cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8313-8 pubmed..Thus, Noc2, a critical effector of Rab3, is essential in normal regulation of exocytosis in both endocrine and exocrine cells. ..
- Ito T, Komiya Ito A, Okuda K, Minaguchi K, Saitoh E, Yamada S, et al. Murine monoclonal antibody which can distinguish cystatins SA1 and SA2. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:1259-63 pubmed..In conclusion, we have succeeded in producing two antibodies that discriminate the structural differences between salivary cystatins S and SN, which share more than 90% identity in amino acid sequence with cystatin SA. ..
- Namekata I, Nakamura H, Shimada H, Tanaka H, Shigenobu K. Cardioprotection without cardiosuppression by SEA0400, a novel inhibitor of Na+-Ca2+ exchanger, during ischemia and reperfusion in guinea-pig myocardium. Life Sci. 2005;77:312-24 pubmed..The present results indicate that inhibition of Na+-Ca2+ exchanger either during ischemia or during reperfusion exerts cardioprotective effects and enhances the recovery of myocardial contractile function. ..
- Hosoda M, Ozaki T, Miyazaki K, Hayashi S, Furuya K, Watanabe K, et al. UFD2a mediates the proteasomal turnover of p73 without promoting p73 ubiquitination. Oncogene. 2005;24:7156-69 pubmed
- Fukuda S, Ikeda M, Anzai K, Suzuki M, Katoh A, Kontoghiorghes G. Radiation protection by deferiprone in animal models. Hemoglobin. 2006;30:201-8 pubmed..The results were inconclusive...
- Iwamuro S, Yamada M, Kato M, Kikuyama S. Effects of bisphenol A on thyroid hormone-dependent up-regulation of thyroid hormone receptor alpha and beta and down-regulation of retinoid X receptor gamma in Xenopus tail culture. Life Sci. 2006;79:2165-71 pubmed
- Hasegawa H, Takano H, Kohro T, Ueda K, Niitsuma Y, Aburatani H, et al. Amelioration of hypertensive heart failure by amlodipine may occur via antioxidative effects. Hypertens Res. 2006;29:719-29 pubmed..Approximately 48% of the genes were changed in similar fashion in AMLO and TEMP rats, suggesting that amlodipine shows beneficial effects on heart failure mainly via antioxidative mechanisms. ..
- Saito Y, Imazeki H, Miura S, Yoshimura T, Okutsu H, Harada Y, et al. A peptide derived from tenascin-C induces beta1 integrin activation through syndecan-4. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34929-37 pubmed..A lateral interaction of beta1 integrin with the extracellular region of the syndecan-4 molecule may be involved in this conformation change. ..
- Sawai S, Kanai K, Nakata M, Hiraga A, Misawa S, Isose S, et al. Changes in excitability properties associated with axonal regeneration in human neuropathy and mouse Wallerian degeneration. Clin Neurophysiol. 2008;119:1097-105 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate changes in excitability properties associated with axonal regeneration in human neuropathy and a mouse Wallerian degeneration model...
- Yokota S, Mizuo K, Moriya N, Oshio S, Sugawara I, Takeda K. Effect of prenatal exposure to diesel exhaust on dopaminergic system in mice. Neurosci Lett. 2009;449:38-41 pubmed publisher..The present study provides the possibility that maternally inhaled DE might influence the development of central dopaminergic system and result in behavior disorder. ..
- Suzuki Toyota F, Ito C, Maekawa M, Toyama Y, Toshimori K. Adhesion between plasma membrane and mitochondria with linking filaments in relation to migration of cytoplasmic droplet during epididymal maturation in guinea pig spermatozoa. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;341:429-40 pubmed publisher..The filaments might also stabilize the flagellum against hypo-osmotic stress encountered during ejaculation and within the female tract. ..
- Kawamura K, Akiyama M, Yui J, Yamasaki T, Hatori A, Kumata K, et al. In vivo evaluation of limiting brain penetration of probes for ?(2C)-adrenoceptor using small-animal positron emission tomography. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2010;1:520-8 pubmed publisher..7-fold higher and that of [(11)C]JP-1302 was approximately 1.6-fold higher than those in wild-type mice. These results indicate that brain penetration of the two PET probes was affected by modulation of P-gp and Bcrp functions...
- Kadota R, Koda M, Kawabe J, Hashimoto M, Nishio Y, Mannoji C, et al. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) protects oligodendrocyte and promotes hindlimb functional recovery after spinal cord injury in rats. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50391 pubmed publisher..As a result, G-CSF attenuates white matter loss and promotes hindlimb functional recovery. ..
- Komai T, Poupin J. Records of the hermit crab genus Pagurixus Melin, 1939 (Crustacea: Decapoda: Anomura: Paguridae) from Europa Island, Western Indian Ocean, with descriptions of two new species. Zootaxa. 2013;3608:191-203 pubmed publisher..Pagurixus annulus n. sp. and P. europa n. sp. are referred to the P. boninensis (Melin, 1939) species group and P. anceps (Forest, 1954) group, respectively. Diagnostic characters of these two new species are discussed. ..
- Kojima S, Negishi Y, Tsukimoto M, Takenouchi T, Kitani H, Takeda K. Purinergic signaling via P2X7 receptor mediates IL-1? production in Kupffer cells exposed to silica nanoparticle. Toxicology. 2014;321:13-20 pubmed publisher..The ROS causes activation of inflammasomes, leading to caspase-1-dependent processing of IL-1?...
- Nakayama Y, Soeda S, Ikeuchi M, Kakae K, Yamaguchi N. Cytokinesis Failure Leading to Chromosome Instability in v-Src-Induced Oncogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We also discuss the relationship between v-Src-induced chromosome instability and growth suppression in v-Src-induced oncogenesis. ..
- Takayanagi I, Hisayama T, Kiuchi Y, Sudo H. Propylbenzilylcholine mustard discriminates between two subtypes of muscarinic cholinoceptors in guinea-pig taenia caecum. Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther. 1989;298:210-9 pubmed..The responses to nicotine and to electrical stimulation were inhibited by the 50-min treatment with PrBCM, suggesting that PrBCM-sensitive receptors might play a physiological role...
- Matsuda Y, Saito T, Fujimoto J, Yamamoto T. Chromosomal mapping of the mouse and rat brt genes. Genomics. 1997;40:181-4 pubmed..1, where a conserved linkage homology has been identified between the two species. Interspecific backcross analysis genetically demonstrated no recombination between the mouse BRT locus and D2Mit63. ..
- Nenoi M, Mita K, Ichimura S, Kawano A. Higher frequency of concerted evolutionary events in rodents than in man at the polyubiquitin gene VNTR locus. Genetics. 1998;148:867-76 pubmed..3 x 10(-5) per year and that of UbC at no more than 5.0 x 10(-7) per year...
- Oshima N. Direct reception of light by chromatophores of lower vertebrates. Pigment Cell Res. 2001;14:312-9 pubmed..This article reviews light-sensitive chromatophores of lower vertebrates. Photoreceptive molecules (visual pigments) and signal transduction of light via a GTP-binding protein (G protein) are also discussed...
- Yoshino N, Hisayoshi T, Sasaki T, Yamauchi S, Oaki Y, Hino M. Human pulmonary dirofilariasis in a patient whose clinical condition altered during follow-up. Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;51:211-3 pubmed..The parasites had the characteristic morphological features of Dirofilaria immitis. Immunological studies produced a positive test result for the anti-dirofilaria immitis antibody; hence a diagnosis of pulmonary dirofilariasis was made...
- Oka Y, Omura M, Kataoka H, Touhara K. Olfactory receptor antagonism between odorants. EMBO J. 2004;23:120-6 pubmed..The current study also provides insight into strategies to modulate perceived odorant quality. ..
- Shimono M, Ishikawa T, Enokiya Y, Muramatsu T, Matsuzaka K, Inoue T, et al. Biological characteristics of the junctional epithelium. J Electron Microsc (Tokyo). 2003;52:627-39 pubmed..Long junctional epithelium can be produced rapidly during wound healing, due to high proliferative activity. Peri-implant epithelium might be a poorly adhered and permeable epithelium...
- Fujitani M, Honda A, Hata K, Yamagishi S, Tohyama M, Yamashita T. Biological activity of neurotrophins is dependent on recruitment of Rac1 to lipid rafts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;327:150-4 pubmed..Proper recruitment of activated Rac1 to lipid rafts, structures that represent specialized signaling organelles, is of fundamental importance in determining neurotrophins' bioactivity. ..
- Ishihara H, Tanaka I, Ishihara F, Suzuki K, Yoshino C, Cheeramakara C, et al. Transient reporter RNA assay: quantification of reporter gene mRNA during immediate early response in mammalian cells based on real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. Anal Biochem. 2005;341:369-71 pubmed
- Tomonaga T, Matsushita K, Ishibashi M, Nezu M, Shimada H, Ochiai T, et al. Centromere protein H is up-regulated in primary human colorectal cancer and its overexpression induces aneuploidy. Cancer Res. 2005;65:4683-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the aberrant expression and localization of a kinetochore protein CENP-H plays an important role in the aneuploidy frequently observed in colorectal cancers. ..
- Ishibashi M. Isolation of bioactive natural products from myxomycetes. Med Chem. 2005;1:575-90 pubmed
- Maeda J, Higuchi M, Inaji M, Ji B, Haneda E, Okauchi T, et al. Phase-dependent roles of reactive microglia and astrocytes in nervous system injury as delineated by imaging of peripheral benzodiazepine receptor. Brain Res. 2007;1157:100-11 pubmed..The present findings collectively support the utility of PBR in identifying a unique temporal pattern of astrocytic and microglial activation that conventional glial markers hardly pursue. ..
- Inoue K, Saito M, Kanai T, Kawata T, Shigematsu N, Uno T, et al. Anti-tumor effects of water-soluble propolis on a mouse sarcoma cell line in vivo and in vitro. Am J Chin Med. 2008;36:625-34 pubmed..05). Furthermore, histological findings revealed a significant reduction in mitotic cells and tumor invasion of the muscular tissue at both dose-levels of WSP. ..
- Iida A, Yoshidome H, Shida T, Takano S, Takeuchi D, Kimura F, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor-kappa beta (NF-kappaB) activation is protective but is decreased in the cholestatic liver with endotoxemia. Surgery. 2010;148:477-89 pubmed publisher..After prolonged OJ, exposure to endotoxemia was associated with a decrease in hepatocyte NF-kappaB activation and an increase in hepatocyte apoptosis and secondary necrosis, thus resulting in liver dysfunction. ..
- Wang B, Tanaka K, Vares G, Shang Y, Fujita K, Ninomiya Y, et al. X-ray-induced radioresistance against high-LET radiations from accelerated heavy ions in mice. Radiat Res. 2010;174:532-6 pubmed publisher..These findings would provide new insight into the radiation-induced adaptive response in vivo. ..
- Yamasaki T, Kawamura K, Hatori A, Yui J, Yanamoto K, Yoshida Y, et al. PET study on mice bearing human colon adenocarcinoma cells using [11C]GF120918, a dual radioligand for P-glycoprotein and breast cancer resistance protein. Nucl Med Commun. 2010;31:985-93 pubmed publisher..A PET study combining the administration of [C]GF120918 with unlabeled GF120918 may be a useful tool for evaluating the functions of Pgp and BCRP in tumors. ..
- Koizumi K, Takano K, Kaneyasu A, Watanabe Takano H, Tokuda E, Abe T, et al. RhoD activated by fibroblast growth factor induces cytoneme-like cellular protrusions through mDia3C. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4647-61 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of mDia3 obstructed RhoD-induced protrusion formation. These results imply that RhoD activated by FGF signaling forms cytoneme-like protrusions through activation of mDia3C, which induces actin filament formation. ..
- Sugyo A, Tsuji A, Sudo H, Nagatsu K, Koizumi M, Ukai Y, et al. Evaluation of (89)Zr-labeled human anti-CD147 monoclonal antibody as a positron emission tomography probe in a mouse model of pancreatic cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61230 pubmed publisher..89)Zr]059-053 is a promising PET probe for imaging CD147 expression in pancreatic cancer and has the potential to select appropriate patients with CD147-expressing tumors who could gain benefit from anti-CD147 therapy. ..
- Muto T, Sashida G, Oshima M, Wendt G, Mochizuki Kashio M, Nagata Y, et al. Concurrent loss of Ezh2 and Tet2 cooperates in the pathogenesis of myelodysplastic disorders. J Exp Med. 2013;210:2627-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first evidence of the tumor suppressor function of EZH2 in myeloid malignancies and highlight the cooperative effect of concurrent gene mutations in the pathogenesis of myelodysplastic disorders. ..
- Mitome Mishima Y, Oishi H, Yamamoto M, Yatomi K, Nonaka S, Miyamoto N, et al. Differences in tissue proliferation and maturation between Matrix2 and bare platinum coil embolization in experimental swine aneurysms. J Neuroradiol. 2016;43:43-50 pubmed publisher..Matrix2 coils may not be superior to BP coils for preventing aneurysmal recanalization after endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms. ..
- Fujimori H, Sato A, Kikuhara S, Wang J, Hirai T, Sasaki Y, et al. A comprehensive analysis of radiosensitization targets; functional inhibition of DNA methyltransferase 3B radiosensitizes by disrupting DNA damage regulation. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18231 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of DNMT3B, one of the targets identified using this method, radiosensitizes cancer cells by disturbing multiple DNA damage responses. ..
- Sakurai T, Nakagawa S, Bai H, Bai R, Kusama K, Ideta A, et al. Novel endogenous retrovirus-derived transcript expressed in the bovine placenta is regulated by WNT signaling. Biochem J. 2017;474:3499-3512 pubmed publisher..BERV-K3 is in the latter case, likely providing functions unique to ruminant gestation. ..
- Matsuda Y, Nara K, Watanabe Y, Saito T, Sanai Y. Chromosome mapping of the GD3 synthase gene (SIAT8) in human and mouse. Genomics. 1996;32:137-9 pubmed..The human GD3 synthase gene was mapped to p12.1-p11.2 of chromosome 12. The mouse homologue was mapped 2.8 cM distal to D6Mit52 and 4.3 cM proximal to D6Mit25; this region is syntenic to the short arm of human chromosome 12. ..
- Vohra M, Komiyama M, Hayakawa K, Obinata T, Shimada Y. Subcellular localization of dystrophin and vinculin in cardiac muscle fibers and fibers of the conduction system of the chicken ventricle. Cell Tissue Res. 1998;294:137-43 pubmed..These data suggest that the distribution patterns of dystrophin reflect the degree of association between the sarcolemma and underlying myofibrils. ..
- Suzuki K, Susaki H, Okuno S, Sugiyama Y. Renal drug targeting using a vector "alkylglycoside". J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1999;288:57-64 pubmed..In addition, these renally targeted derivatives inhibited the binding of [3H]Glc-S-C7-Me to the kidney membrane fraction. Our findings allow us to conclude that the alkylglycoside is a suitable candidate vector for renal targeting. ..
- Yuasa S, Nakajima M, Aizawa H, Sahara N, Koizumi K, Sakai T, et al. Impaired cell cycle control of neuronal precursor cells in the neocortical primordium of presenilin-1-deficient mice. J Neurosci Res. 2002;70:501-13 pubmed..These findings suggest that PS-1 is involved in the differentiation and the cell cycle control of neuronal precursor cells in the ventricular proliferating zone of the neocortical primordium. ..
- Aoki H, Ahsan M, Matsuo K, Hagiwara T, Watabe S. Purification and characterization of collagenolytic proteases from the hepatopancreas of northern shrimp (Pandalus eous). J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51:777-83 pubmed..5. Both enzymes were strongly inhibited by PMSF and antipain, which suggests that they belong to collagenolytic serine proteases...
- Toyama Y, Maekawa M, Yuasa S. Ectoplasmic specializations in the Sertoli cell: new vistas based on genetic defects and testicular toxicology. Anat Sci Int. 2003;78:1-16 pubmed
- Sakate R, Osada N, Hida M, Sugano S, Hayasaka I, Shimohira N, et al. Analysis of 5'-end sequences of chimpanzee cDNAs. Genome Res. 2003;13:1022-6 pubmed publisher..As for amino acids, the average sequence identity was 99.44%. The average synonymous (K(S)) and nonsynonymous (K(A)) divergences were estimated to be 1.33% and 0.28%, respectively...
- Hosomi O, Ohe Y, Takeya A, Hosaka K, Okubo T, Iyobe S, et al. Nucleotide and protein sequences of a proteinase inhibitor from the vitelline envelope of dace (Tribolodon hakonensis) eggs. J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol. 2004;301:756-66 pubmed..A possible binding-site for serine proteinases, Arg-Ile, was contained in three domains. ..
- Saiki A, Murano T, Watanabe F, Oyama T, Miyashita Y, Shirai K. Pitavastatin enhanced lipoprotein lipase expression in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2005;12:163-8 pubmed..Statins, especially pitavastatin, increased the expression of LPL in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. The TG-lowering effect of pitavastatin might be mediated by enhancement of LPL production in adipocytes. ..
- Kunieda T, Minamino T, Nishi J, Tateno K, Oyama T, Katsuno T, et al. Angiotensin II induces premature senescence of vascular smooth muscle cells and accelerates the development of atherosclerosis via a p21-dependent pathway. Circulation. 2006;114:953-60 pubmed..Our results suggest a critical role of p21-dependent premature senescence of VSMCs in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Kurabe N, Katagiri K, Komiya Y, Ito R, Sugiyama A, Kawasaki Y, et al. Deregulated expression of a novel component of TFTC/STAGA histone acetyltransferase complexes, rat SGF29, in hepatocellular carcinoma: possible implication for the oncogenic potential of c-Myc. Oncogene. 2007;26:5626-34 pubmed..These results show that rSGF29 is a novel component of TFTC/STAGA complexes and could be involved in the c-Myc-mediated malignant transformation. ..
- Yamanaka N, Yamamoto S, Zitnan D, Watanabe K, Kawada T, Satake H, et al. Neuropeptide receptor transcriptome reveals unidentified neuroendocrine pathways. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3048 pubmed publisher..This work illustrates how using a combinatorial approach employing bioinformatic, molecular, biochemical and physiological methods can help solve recalcitrant problems in neuropeptide research. ..
- Wakashin H, Hirose K, Maezawa Y, Kagami S, Suto A, Watanabe N, et al. IL-23 and Th17 cells enhance Th2-cell-mediated eosinophilic airway inflammation in mice. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008;178:1023-32 pubmed publisher..IL-23 and Th17 cells not only induce Th17-cell-mediated neutrophilic airway inflammation but also up-regulate Th2-cell-mediated eosinophilic airway inflammation. ..
- Hanamura T, Uchida E, Aoki H. Skin-lightening effect of a polyphenol extract from Acerola (Malpighia emarginata DC.) fruit on UV-induced pigmentation. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:3211-8 pubmed..An oral ingestion of C-AP may therefore be efficacious for reducing UVB-induced hyper-pigmentation by inhibiting the tyrosinase in melanocytes. ..
- Shimozato O, Sato A, Kawamura K, Chiyo M, Ma G, Li Q, et al. The secreted form of p28 subunit of interleukin (IL)-27 inhibits biological functions of IL-27 and suppresses anti-allogeneic immune responses. Immunology. 2009;128:e816-25 pubmed publisher..We propose that p28 can be a regulatory subunit for IL-27-mediated cellular immune responses and a possible therapeutic agent to suppress unfavourable immune responses. ..
- Suzuki T, Nakazawa K, Shiba K. Swallow-related inhibition in laryngeal motoneurons. Neurosci Res. 2010;67:327-33 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the swallow-related inhibition of both adductor and abductor LMs is chloride-dependent IPSPs mediated through GABA(A) receptors, not through glycine receptors. ..
- Hasegawa Y, Kinoh H, Iwadate Y, Onimaru M, Ueda Y, Harada Y, et al. Urokinase-targeted fusion by oncolytic Sendai virus eradicates orthotopic glioblastomas by pronounced synergy with interferon-? gene. Mol Ther. 2010;18:1778-86 pubmed publisher..A similar synergy was seen in a rat orthotopic brain GM model with 9L-L/R in vivo; therefore, these results suggest that BioKnife-IFN? may have significant potential to improve the survival of GM patients in a clinical setting. ..
- Araki R, Hoki Y, Uda M, Nakamura M, Jincho Y, Tamura C, et al. Crucial role of c-Myc in the generation of induced pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells. 2011;29:1362-70 pubmed publisher..Indeed, low levels of histone acetylation were observed in 3F-iPSCs. Our results shed new light on iPSC generation mechanisms and strongly recommend c-Myc transduction for preparing high-quality iPSCs. ..
- Kawakami K, Nakamura A, Goto S. Dietary restriction increases site-specific histone H3 acetylation in rat liver: possible modulation by sirtuins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:836-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that upregulation of chromatin activities through increased histone acetylation is a mechanism of anti-aging effects of DR. ..
- Watanabe T, Hirano S. Metabolism of arsenic and its toxicological relevance. Arch Toxicol. 2013;87:969-79 pubmed publisher..In addition, "being a non-anionic form" also appears to be a determinant of the toxicity of oxo-arsenicals or thioarsenicals. The present review discusses both the metabolism of arsenic and the toxicity of arsenic metabolites. ..
- Okamura T, Kikuchi T, Okada M, Wakizaka H, Zhang M. Imaging of activity of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 in the lungs. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;49:335-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, [(11)C]1 allows for the imaging of in vivo MRP1 activity in lungs. ..
- Oga E, Sekine S, Shitara Y, Horie T. Pharmacokinetic Herb-Drug Interactions: Insight into Mechanisms and Consequences. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2016;41:93-108 pubmed publisher..The authors further suggest the need to standardize and better regulate herbal medicines in order to ensure their safety and efficacy when used alone or in combination with conventional drugs. ..
- Seki N, Hattori A, Sugano S, Suzuki Y, Nakagawara A, Muramatsu M, et al. A novel human gene whose product shares significant homology with the bovine brain-specific protein p25 on chromosome 5p15.3. J Hum Genet. 1999;44:121-2 pubmed..Based on polymerase chain reaction analysis with a human/rodent monochromosomal hybrid cell panel and a radiation hybrid panel, the gene was mapped on to p15.3 region of chromosome 5. ..
- Okazaki N, Yan J, Yuasa S, Ueno T, Kominami E, Masuho Y, et al. Interaction of the Unc-51-like kinase and microtubule-associated protein light chain 3 related proteins in the brain: possible role of vesicular transport in axonal elongation. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;85:1-12 pubmed..These results suggest that the interaction of ULK1 and GABARAP is important to vesicle transport and axonal elongation in mammalian neurons...
- Sakurai Y, Onishi Y, Tanimoto Y, Kizaki H. Novel protein kinase C delta isoform insensitive to caspase-3. Biol Pharm Bull. 2001;24:973-7 pubmed
- Takahashi Y, Haritani K, Sano A, Takizawa K, Fukushima K, Miyaji M, et al. An isolate of Arthroderma benhamiae with Trichophyton mentagrophytes var. erinacei anamorph isolated from a four-toed hedgehog (Atelerix albiventris) in Japan. Nihon Ishinkin Gakkai Zasshi. 2002;43:249-55 pubmed..mentagrophytes var. erinacei (DDBJ/EMBL/GenBank accession numbers Z97996 and Z97997) by more than 99.7%. Therefore, our case is the first isolation of A. benhamiae with T. mentagrophytes var. erinacei anamorph in Japan...
- Lin L, Ozaki T, Takada Y, Kageyama H, Nakamura Y, Hata A, et al. topors, a p53 and topoisomerase I-binding RING finger protein, is a coactivator of p53 in growth suppression induced by DNA damage. Oncogene. 2005;24:3385-96 pubmed..We therefore postulate that topors mediates p53-dependent cellular responses induced by DNA damage, suggesting its physiological role as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Unno Y, Shino Y, Kondo F, Igarashi N, Wang G, Shimura R, et al. Oncolytic viral therapy for cervical and ovarian cancer cells by Sindbis virus AR339 strain. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:4553-60 pubmed..Our study suggested that SIN AR339 strain has a possibility as a novel agent for human cervical and ovarian cancer therapy. ..
- Ishikawa H, Hashimoto S, Tanno M, Ishikawa T, Tanaka T, Shimono M. Cytoskeleton and surface structures of cells directly attached to the tooth in the rat junctional epithelium. J Periodontal Res. 2005;40:354-63 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to examine cytoskeletal and surface structures of DAT cells that might be involved in migration...
- Fang S, Tago F, Tanaka T, Simura N, Muto Y, Goto R, et al. Repeated irradiations with gamma-rays at a Dose of 0.5 Gy may exacerbate asthma. J Radiat Res. 2005;46:151-6 pubmed..These results indicate that the repeated irradiation with gamma-rays may exacerbate asthma, and may have opposite effects on different immune reactions unlike the irradiation with a single or small number of repeated exposures. ..
- Yamashita T, Fujitani M, Yamagishi S, Hata K, Mimura F. Multiple signals regulate axon regeneration through the Nogo receptor complex. Mol Neurobiol. 2005;32:105-11 pubmed..Possible crosstalk downstream of these signals should be explored to clarify all the inhibitory signals and may provide an efficient molecular target against injuries to the CNS. ..
- Okuda K, Kimizuka R, Abe S, Kato T, Ishihara K. Involvement of periodontopathic anaerobes in aspiration pneumonia. J Periodontol. 2005;76:2154-60 pubmed..We also found that the POHC treatment of elderly persons for 6 months in the winter season reduced the salivary levels of protease, trypsin-like activity, and neuraminidase and also decreased the frequency of influenza cases. ..
- Tsukamoto H, Takizawa T, Takamori K, Ogawa H, Araki Y. Genomic organization and structure of the 5'-flanking region of the TEX101 gene: alternative promoter usage and splicing generate transcript variants with distinct 5'-untranslated region. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007;74:154-62 pubmed..Taken together, these findings should facilitate an understanding of the regulation of TEX101 expression during gametogenesis. ..
- Suzuki K, Iwata K, Naranmandura H, Suzuki N. Metabolic differences between two dimethylthioarsenicals in rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2007;218:166-73 pubmed
- Mizuno N, Takahashi T, Kusuhara H, Schuetz J, Niwa T, Sugiyama Y. Evaluation of the role of breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP/ABCG2) and multidrug resistance-associated protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) in the urinary excretion of sulfate and glucuronide metabolites of edaravone (MCI-186; 3-methyl-1-phenyl-2-pyrazolin-5-. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:2045-52 pubmed..01 versus 5.06 ml/min/kg BW). Our results suggest that Bcrp and Mrp4 are partly involved in the luminal efflux of edaravone sulfate and edaravone glucuronide, respectively...
- Yamashiro J, Shiraishi S, Fuwa T, Horie T. Dimerumic acid protected oxidative stress-induced cytotoxicity in isolated rat hepatocytes. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2008;24:283-90 pubmed..Thus, DMA showed an antioxidative effect in hepatocytes and protected against hepatotoxicity by suppressing oxidative stress without affecting CYP enzymes. ..