Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Aichi, Japan
Locale: Aichi, Japan
Publications332 found, 100 shown here
- Ohmura Y, Yoshikawa K, Saga S, Ueda R, Kazaoka Y, Yamada S. Combinations of tumor-specific CD8+ CTLs and anti-CD25 mAb provide improved immunotherapy. Oncol Rep. 2008;19:1265-70 pubmed..These results showed that a combination of Treg cell-depletion using anti-CD25 mAbs and CTL administration is a feasible approach for treatment of cancers which warrants further exploration in the clinical setting...
- Watanabe T, Wang S, Kakeno M, Usukura J, Kaibuchi K. Ultrastructural study of Rac1 and its effectors beneath the substratum-facing membrane. Cell Struct Funct. 2008;33:101-7 pubmed..These results suggest that IQGAP1 and Sra-1 colocalize with Rac1 at distinct places, including the plasma membrane and cytoskeletal architecture, for their specific functions. ..
- Tanaka H, Tanigawa T, Suzuki M, Otsuka K, Inafuku S. Effects of MRI contrast agents (Omniscan) on vestibular end organs. Acta Otolaryngol. 2010;130:17-24 pubmed publisher..After application of 32-fold diluted Omniscan, no apparent changes were noted even after 20 min, both morphologically and physiologically. ..
- El Salhy M, Umezawa K. Treatment with novel AP-1 and NF-ÎºB inhibitors restores the colonic endocrine cells to normal levels in rats with DSS-induced colitis. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:556-64 pubmed publisher..This interaction with subsequent changes in endocrine cells is responsible for the clinical manifestation of colitis symptoms. ..
- Nakata M, Sano K, Musatov S, Yamaguchi N, Sakamoto T, Ogawa S. Effects of Prepubertal or Adult Site-Specific Knockdown of Estrogen Receptor ? in the Medial Preoptic Area and Medial Amygdala on Social Behaviors in Male Mice. Eneuro. 2016;3: pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that ER? in the MPOA and MeA are involved in the regulation of male sexual and aggressive behavior in a manner substantially different from that of ER?. ..
- Miura K, Titani K, Kurosawa Y, Kanai Y. Molecular cloning of nucleobindin, a novel DNA-binding protein that contains both a signal peptide and a leucine zipper structure. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;187:375-80 pubmed..The amino acid sequences of Nuc are highly conserved between mouse and human. We discuss the possible role of Nuc in autoimmunity. ..
- Kagawa T, Ikenaka K, Inoue Y, Kuriyama S, Tsujii T, Nakao J, et al. Glial cell degeneration and hypomyelination caused by overexpression of myelin proteolipid protein gene. Neuron. 1994;13:427-42 pubmed..Thus, tight regulation of Plp gene expression is necessary for normal oligodendrocyte differentiation and survival, and its overexpression can be the cause of both dys- and demyelination. ..
- Itoh M, Nagafuchi A, Yonemura S, Kitani Yasuda T, Tsukita S. The 220-kD protein colocalizing with cadherins in non-epithelial cells is identical to ZO-1, a tight junction-associated protein in epithelial cells: cDNA cloning and immunoelectron microscopy. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:491-502 pubmed..Possible functions of the 220-kD protein (ZO-1) are discussed with special reference to the molecular mechanism for adherens and tight junction formation. ..
- Fujita K, Yamauchi M, Matsui T, Titani K, Takahashi H, Kato T, et al. Increase of glial fibrillary acidic protein fragments in the spinal cord of motor neuron degeneration mutant mouse. Brain Res. 1998;785:31-40 pubmed
- Inada H, Izawa I, Nishizawa M, Fujita E, Kiyono T, Takahashi T, et al. Keratin attenuates tumor necrosis factor-induced cytotoxicity through association with TRADD. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:415-26 pubmed..These results indicate that K18 may sequester TRADD to attenuate interactions between TRADD and activated TNFR1 and moderate TNF-induced apoptosis in simple epithelial cells. ..
- Itano N, Kimata K. Mammalian hyaluronan synthases. IUBMB Life. 2002;54:195-9 pubmed..This review focuses on recent findings on the regulatory mechanisms for controlling HA biosynthesis and provides new insights into the enzymic basis for the functional regulation of HA. ..
- Ohta Y, Kamiya Y, Imai Y, Arisawa T, Nakano H. Role of gastric mucosal ascorbic acid in gastric mucosal lesion development in rats with water immersion restraint stress. Inflammopharmacology. 2005;13:249-59 pubmed..These results suggest that gastric mucosal AA plays an important role in WIRS-induced gastric mucosal lesion development. ..
- Ohta Y, Kobayashi T, Imai Y, Inui K, Yoshino J, Nakazawa S. Effect of oral vitamin E administration on acute gastric mucosal lesion progression in rats treated with compound 48/80, a mast cell degranulator. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:675-83 pubmed
- Suzuki C, Nagasaki H, Okajima Y, Suga H, Ozaki N, Arima H, et al. Inflammatory cytokines regulate glycoprotein subunit beta5 of thyrostimulin through nuclear factor-kappaB. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2237-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that inflammatory cytokines positively regulate thyrostimulin through NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Nakazato Imasato E, Tanimoto Mori S, Kurebayashi Y. Effect of mexiletine on dynamic allodynia induced by chronic constriction injury of the sciatic nerve in rats. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:991-4 pubmed..Pregabalin, used as a reference drug, also significantly inhibited both static and dynamic allodynia at 30 and 60 mg/kg, p.o. These findings rationalize the clinical use of mexiletine for treatment of neuropathic pain. ..
- Kawagishi H, Nakamura H, Maruyama M, Mizutani S, Sugimoto K, Takagi M, et al. ARF suppresses tumor angiogenesis through translational control of VEGFA mRNA. Cancer Res. 2010;70:4749-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results define a mechanism by which the ARF tumor suppressor targets the translational repression of specific oncogenes during neoplastic transformation...
- Nakagawa T, Ramdhan D, Tanaka N, Naito H, Tamada H, Ito Y, et al. Modulation of ammonium perfluorooctanoate-induced hepatic damage by genetically different PPAR? in mice. Arch Toxicol. 2012;86:63-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, milligram-order APFO activated both mouse and human PPAR? in a different manner, which may reflect histopathologically different types of hepatic damage. ..
- Okado N, Hasegawa K, Mizuhashi F, Lynch B, Vo T, Roberts A. Safety evaluation of nuclease P1 from Penicillium citrinum. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;88:21-31 pubmed publisher..The no-observed-adverse-effect level was considered to be 1007Â mg TOS/kg bw/day. The results of the genotoxicity studies and subchronic rat study support the safe use in food production of nuclease P1 produced from P.Â citrinum. ..
- Yamada K, Sakai M, Okamura H, Ibata Y, Nagatsu I. Detection of tyrosine hydroxylase and phenylethanolamine-N-methyltransferase messenger RNAs in the mouse adrenal gland and the brain by in situ hybridization. Histochemistry. 1992;97:201-6 pubmed..The THc and PNMTc probes are particularly useful in investigating the loci of gene transcription in mouse tissues. ..
- Maeno Y, Nakazawa S, Nagashima S, Sasaki J, Higo K, Taniguchi K. Utility of the dried blood on filter paper as a source of cytokine mRNA for the analysis of immunoreactions in Plasmodium yoelii infection. Acta Trop. 2003;87:295-300 pubmed..These results suggested that the dried blood on filter paper is satisfactory RNA source for immunological examination in field-based studies. ..
- Noritake J, Fukata M, Sato K, Nakagawa M, Watanabe T, Izumi N, et al. Positive role of IQGAP1, an effector of Rac1, in actin-meshwork formation at sites of cell-cell contact. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1065-76 pubmed..quot; ..
- Kakizawa H, Itoh Y, Imamura S, Matsumoto T, Ishiwata Y, Ono Y, et al. Possible role of VEGF in the progression of kidney disease in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats: effects of an ACE inhibitor and an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Horm Metab Res. 2004;36:458-64 pubmed..These data support a role for AT-1 receptor antagonists and ACE inhibitors in the prevention of diabetic nephropathy, and suggest that the former may work by reducing renal VEGF levels. ..
- Shimizu T, Sasaki K, Kato M, Arimitsu H, Ochi S, Shigemori N, et al. Induction of thymus-derived gammadelta T Cells by Escherichia coli enterotoxin b subunit in peritoneal cavities of mice. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2005;12:157-64 pubmed..These gammadelta T cells may be functionally involved in specific Th2 responses to the B subunit, which possibly acts as an adjuvant through the influence of alphabeta T cells. ..
- Okabe K, Kimura H, Okabe J, Kato A, Shimizu H, Ueda T, et al. Effect of benzalkonium chloride on transscleral drug delivery. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:703-8 pubmed..The results of this study demonstrate that BAK may improve the ocular penetration of a drug in a transscleral drug delivery system without producing toxic reactions. ..
- Ohashi K, Sato Y, Iwata H, Kawai M, Kurebayashi Y. Colonic mast cell infiltration in rats with TNBS-induced visceral hypersensitivity. J Vet Med Sci. 2007;69:1223-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that prominent colonic mast cell infiltration associated with an enhanced spontaneous mediator release is responsible, at least partly, for development of visceral hypersensitivity induced by TNBS in rats. ..
- Minokoshi Y, Shiuchi T, Lee S, Suzuki A, Okamoto S. Role of hypothalamic AMP-kinase in food intake regulation. Nutrition. 2008;24:786-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results suggest that food intake and nutrient metabolism are coordinately regulated by the common signaling pathway of AMPK in the hypothalamus. ..
- Kato M, Kumasaka M, Takeda K, Hossain K, Iida M, Yajima I, et al. L-cysteine as a regulator for arsenic-mediated cancer-promoting and anti-cancer effects. Toxicol In Vitro. 2011;25:623-9 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that l-cysteine is an ideal supplement that inhibits arsenic-mediated tumor-promoting effects without affecting arsenic-mediated anti-cancer effects. ..
- Tsuge S, Mizutani Y, Matsuoka K, Sawasaki T, Endo Y, Naruishi K, et al. Specific in situ visualization of plasma cells producing antibodies against Porphyromonas gingivalis in gingival radicular cyst: application of the enzyme-labeled antigen method. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:673-89 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate the validity of the enzyme-labeled antigen method. This is the very first application of this novel histochemical technique to human clinical samples...
- Uezumi A, Ito T, Morikawa D, Shimizu N, Yoneda T, Segawa M, et al. Fibrosis and adipogenesis originate from a common mesenchymal progenitor in skeletal muscle. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3654-64 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that mesenchymal progenitors are the main origin of not only fat accumulation but also fibrosis in skeletal muscle...
- Ohta Y, Yashiro K, Ohashi K, Imai Y, Kusumoto C, Matsura T, et al. Vitamin E depletion enhances liver oxidative damage in rats with water-immersion restraint stress. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2013;59:79-86 pubmed..WIRS exposure raised liver lipid peroxide concentration more in the VE-D-fed group than in the N-fed group. These results indicate that vitamin E depletion enhances liver oxidative damage in rats with WIRS. ..
- Okamoto N, Mizote K, Honda H, Saeki A, Watanabe Y, Yamaguchi Miyamoto T, et al. Funiculosin variants and phosphorylated derivatives promote innate immune responses via the Toll-like receptor 4/myeloid differentiation factor-2 complex. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15378-15394 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FNC-RED and its synthetic derivative represent a novel category of murine and human TLR4/MD-2 agonist. ..
- Uno K, Maeda I. Simultaneous determination of sulphamonomethoxine and its N4-acetyl metabolite in blood serum by high-performance liquid chromatography with direct injection. J Chromatogr B Biomed Appl. 1995;663:177-80 pubmed..5, 2.0 and 10.0 micrograms/ml) were 93-103% and 90-103%, respectively. The lowest measurable sulphamonomethoxine and N4-acetyl metabolite concentrations were 0.04 and 0.1 microgram/ml, respectively, for all serum samples. ..
- Yamamura H, Ohsugi M, Kobayashi Y, Sasaki M. Effects of rokitamycin on bilirubin-albumin binding: a study in vitro. J Toxicol Sci. 1993;18:203-6 pubmed..This result suggests that rokitamycin has no effect on the binding of bilirubin to albumin. ..
- Yokochi T, Fujii Y, Nakashima I, Asai J, Kiuchi M, Kojima K, et al. A murine model of experimental autoimmune lens-induced uveitis using Klebsiella O3 lipopolysaccharide as a potent immunological adjuvant. Int J Exp Pathol. 1993;74:573-82 pubmed..This might be useful to model immunological phenomena in the pathogenesis of human phacoantigenic uveitis...
- Hashimoto K, Hirai M, Kurosawa Y. Identification of a mouse homolog for the human hereditary haemochromatosis candidate gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;230:35-9 pubmed..This mouse gene should be important in clarifying a possible role in iron metabolism. ..
- Shinohara R, Mano T, Nagasaka A, Sawai Y, Uchimura K, Hayashi R, et al. Effects of thyroid hormone on the sorbitol pathway in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1425:577-86 pubmed..These data suggest that thyroid hormone affects the sorbitol pathway, but the detailed mechanism whereby this hormone reduces the sorbitol content (especially in diabetic rats) remains to be clarified. ..
- Ikemoto K, Kitahama K, Maeda T, Jouvet M, Nagatsu I. Cholinergic neurons with monoamine oxidase type B (MAOB)-activity in the laterodorsal tegmental nucleus of the mouse. Neurosci Lett. 1999;271:53-6 pubmed..LDTg neurons with MAOB-activity also showed NADPH-diaphorase-activity, a marker of cholinergic neurons...
- Yoshida M, Itano N, Yamada Y, Kimata K. In vitro synthesis of hyaluronan by a single protein derived from mouse HAS1 gene and characterization of amino acid residues essential for the activity. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:497-506 pubmed
- Nakazawa T, Nakano I, Sato M, Nakamura T, Tamai M, Mori N. Comparative expression profiles of Trk receptors and Shc-related phosphotyrosine adapters during retinal development: potential roles of N-Shc/ShcC in brain-derived neurotrophic factor signal transduction and modulation. J Neurosci Res. 2002;68:668-80 pubmed..These results indicate that ShcC could be a potential phosphotyrosine adapter among the Shc family members for BDNF signaling and function during retinal development and regeneration in vivo. ..
- Kadokawa Y, Marunouchi T. Chimeric analysis of Notch2 function: a role for Notch2 in the development of the roof plate of the mouse brain. Dev Dyn. 2002;225:126-34 pubmed..These results indicate that Notch2 plays an important role in development of the roof plate of the diencephalon and mesencephalon, and suggest that cellular rearrangement is involved in this process. ..
- Matsubara M, Hayashi N, Jing T, Titani K. Regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase by protein kinase C. J Biochem. 2003;133:773-81 pubmed..Furthermore, the phosphorylated eNOS showed reduced affinity to calmodulin. Therefore, PKC regulates eNOS activity by changing the binding of calmodulin, an eNOS activator, to the enzyme. ..
- Zhuo L, Hascall V, Kimata K. Inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor, a covalent protein-glycosaminoglycan-protein complex. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:38079-82 pubmed
- Kusaka M, Fukami N, Sasaki H, Higuchi T, Ishikawa K, Shiroki R, et al. IP-10, apoptotic genes, and calcineurin subtype messenger RNA kinetics occurring in rat renal isografts from brain-dead donors. Transplant Proc. 2005;37:361-3 pubmed..Apoptotic gene changes may lead kidney grafts to a preapoptotic condition and up-regulate renal toxicity caused by Cn inhibitors. This initial antigen-independent donor circumstance may be one risk factor for chronic rejection. ..
- Fujita H, Shimizu K, Yamamoto Y, Ito A, Kamihira M, Nagamori E. Fabrication of scaffold-free contractile skeletal muscle tissue using magnetite-incorporated myogenic C2C12 cells. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2010;4:437-43 pubmed publisher..The scaffold-free skeletal muscle tissue engineering technique presented in this study will be useful for regenerative medicine, drug screening or use as a bio-actuator. ..
- Tsukamoto K, Arimitsu H, Ochi S, Nakamura K, Tanaka Y, Nuemket N, et al. P19 embryonal carcinoma cells exhibit high sensitivity to botulinum type C and D/C mosaic neurotoxins. Microbiol Immunol. 2012;56:664-72 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that differentiated P19 cells possess full sensitivity to BoNT/C and BoNT/DC, thus making them a novel susceptible cell line for research into BoNTs. ..
- Imai T. Kinetic analysis of the transglycosidation reaction catalyzed by rabbit spleen pyridine nucleotide glycohydrolase. J Biochem. 1989;106:938-48 pubmed
- Tsukamura M, Komatsuzaki C, Sakai R, Kaneda K, Kudo T, Seino A. Mesenteric lymphadenitis of swine caused by Rhodococcus sputi. J Clin Microbiol. 1988;26:155-7 pubmed..Rhodococcus sputi caused tuberculosislike lymphadenitis of mesenteric lymph nodes in swine. This is the first study reporting that R. sputi can be a pathogen in swine. ..
- Agui T, Miyamoto T, Tsumura H, Yoshida T. Mapping of the grt locus to mouse chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:944 pubmed
- Yamada K, Ichino N, Nishii K, Sawada H, Higashiyama S, Ishiguro H, et al. Characterization of the human NTAK gene structure and distribution of the isoforms for rat NTAK mRNA. Gene. 2000;255:15-24 pubmed..Potential regulatory regions included consensus binding sites for AP-2, TF-IIIA, Sp-1, and YY-1 located in the 5'-flanking region of the NTAK gene. ..
- Matsui T, Hamako J, Matsushita T, Nakayama T, Fujimura Y, Titani K. Binding site on human von Willebrand factor of bitiscetin, a snake venom-derived platelet aggregation inducer. Biochemistry. 2002;41:7939-46 pubmed..Bitiscetin and botrocetin might modulate VWF by binding to the homologous region of the A1 domain to induce a conformational change leading to an increased accessibility to platelet GPIb. ..
- Suzuki H, Wu J, Hossain K, Ohhata T, Du J, Akhand A, et al. Involvement of MKK6 in TCRalphabeta(int)CD69lo: a target population for apoptotic cell death in thymocytes. FASEB J. 2003;17:1538-40 pubmed..These results indicate that MKK6 plays a role in the developing thymocytes, especially in the population of TCRalphabeta(int)CD69lo cells, which possibly undergo negative selection. ..
- Nagashima S, Sasaki J, Taniguchi K. Functional analysis of the stem-loop structures at the 5' end of the Aichi virus genome. Virology. 2003;313:56-65 pubmed..This suggests that SL-C plays a role at some step besides RNA replication during virus infection. ..
- Kuruma T, Nakayama M, Nakano A, Wu M, Inafuku S, Feng G. [Immunohistochemical study for monoamine neurons in the brain of unilateral inner ear impaired rats]. Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho. 2003;106:1143-51 pubmed..We conclude that inner ear impairment may diminish the ipsilateral amount of monoamines in the brain but not the cotralateral, possibly inducing a vestibular compensation such as an upregulation of monoamine receptors...
- Iizuka Kogo A, Shimomura A, Senda T. Colocalization of APC and DLG at the tips of cellular protrusions in cultured epithelial cells and its dependency on cytoskeletons. Histochem Cell Biol. 2005;123:67-73 pubmed..This colocalization suggests that DLG functions not only at the lateral cell-cell contact sites of polarized epithelial cells but also at the protrusions of non-polarized epithelial cells through the interaction with APC protein. ..
- Masuda K, Miyamoto T, Cho A, Agui T. Analysis of the cell cycle of fibroblasts derived from the LEC rat after X-irradiation. Jpn J Vet Res. 2006;53:141-8 pubmed..These results suggest that fibroblasts derived from LEC rats possess the normal cell cycle response after X-irradiation, if they are kept naive as not immortalized with SV40 T-antigen. ..
- Kato M, Ohgami N, Kawamoto Y, Tsuzuki T, Hossain K, Yanagishita T, et al. Protective effect of hyperpigmented skin on UV-mediated cutaneous cancer development. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:1244-9 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrated hyperpigmentation-mediated in vivo protection against UV irradiation-induced skin cancer. ..
- Kobayashi T, Habuchi H, Tamura K, Ide H, Kimata K. Essential role of heparan sulfate 2-O-sulfotransferase in chick limb bud patterning and development. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19589-97 pubmed..Phosphorylation levels of ERK and Akt were up-regulated in such truncated buds. Thus, we have shown for the first time that 2-O-sulfation of HS is essential for the FGF signaling required for limb bud development and outgrowth. ..
- Ohashi K, Kawai M, Ninomiya N, Taylor C, Kurebayashi Y. Effect of a new alpha 2 delta ligand PD-217014 on visceral hypersensitivity induced by 2,4,6-trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid in rats. Pharmacology. 2008;81:144-50 pubmed..These results indicate that PD-217014 is a potent alpha(2)delta ligand and possesses visceral analgesic activity. ..
- Sugaya N, Habuchi H, Nagai N, Ashikari Hada S, Kimata K. 6-O-sulfation of heparan sulfate differentially regulates various fibroblast growth factor-dependent signalings in culture. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10366-76 pubmed publisher..5-fold higher than that of HS from WT-MEFs. Thus, 6-O-sulfate in HS may regulate the signalings of some of HB-GFs, including FGFs, by inducing different interactions between ligands and their receptors. ..
- Nakao N, Kurokawa T, Nonami T, Tumurkhuu G, Koide N, Yokochi T. Hydrogen peroxide induces the production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in RAW 264.7 macrophage cells via activation of p38 and stress-activated protein kinase. Innate Immun. 2008;14:190-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, H( 2) O(2) was suggested to induce TNF-alpha production in macrophages via activating p38 and SAPK/JNK as oxidative stress-related signal pathways. ..
- Toyama H, Hatano K, Suzuki H, Ichise M, Momosaki S, Kudo G, et al. In vivo imaging of microglial activation using a peripheral benzodiazepine receptor ligand: [11C]PK-11195 and animal PET following ethanol injury in rat striatum. Ann Nucl Med. 2008;22:417-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that [(11)C]PK-11195 PET imaging would be a useful tool for evaluating microglial activation in a rat brain injury model. ..
- Isobe M, Kuse M, Tani N, Fujii T, Matsuda T. Cysteine-390 is the binding site of luminous substance with symplectin, a photoprotein from Okinawan squid, Symplectoteuthis oualaniensis. Proc Jpn Acad Ser B Phys Biol Sci. 2008;84:386-92 pubmed..Thus, we have concluded that F-DCZ analogue binds to Cys390 in symplectin so as to emit light. ..
- Iftakhar E Khuda I, Koide N, Hassan F, Noman A, Dagvadorj J, Tumurkhuu G, et al. Novel mechanism of U18666A-induced tumour necrosis factor-alpha production in RAW 264.7 macrophage cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009;155:552-8 pubmed publisher..A p38 inhibitor reduced U18666A-induced TNF-alpha production. Taken together, U18666A was suggested to induce TNF-alpha production in RAW 264.7 cells via free cholesterol accumulation-mediated ROS generation. ..
- Noman A, Koide N, Iftakhar E Khuda I, Dagvadorj J, Tumurkhuu G, Naiki Y, et al. Retinoblastoma protein-interacting zinc finger 1, a tumor suppressor, augments lipopolysaccharide-induced proinflammatory cytokine production via enhancing nuclear factor-kappaB activation. Cell Immunol. 2010;264:114-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, RIZ1 was suggested to augment LPS-induced NF-kappaB activation in collaboration with p53 and enhance the production of proinflammatory cytokines in response to LPS. ..
- Muramatsu T. Midkine: a promising molecule for drug development to treat diseases of the central nervous system. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:410-23 pubmed..Practical information concerning the development of MK and MK inhibitors as therapeutics is described in the final part of the review. ..
- Nakamura Y, Usui F, Miyahara D, Mori T, Ono T, Kagami H, et al. X-irradiation removes endogenous primordial germ cells (PGCs) and increases germline transmission of donor PGCs in chimeric chickens. J Reprod Dev. 2012;58:432-7 pubmed..5 vs. 5.6%; P<0.05). In conclusion, X-irradiation reduced the number of endogenous PGCs and increased the germline transmission of transferred PGCs in chimeric chickens. ..
- Watanabe Y, Ito T, Ibrahim M, Arai Y, Hotta K, Phuong H, et al. A novel immunochromatographic system for easy-to-use detection of group 1 avian influenza viruses with acquired human-type receptor binding specificity. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015;65:211-9 pubmed publisher..95. In conclusion, the immunochromatographic strip test developed in this study should be useful for monitoring potential changes in the receptor binding specificity of group 1 influenza A viruses in the field. ..
- Nakashima A, Ohnuma S, Kodani Y, Kaneko Y, Nagasaki H, Nagatsu T, et al. Inhibition of deubiquitinating activity of USP14 decreases tyrosine hydroxylase phosphorylated at Ser19 in PC12D cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:598-602 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the phosphorylation of Ser19 in the N-terminal portion of TH is critical as a trigger for the degradation of this enzyme by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Hirata Y, Highstein S. Acute adaptation of the vestibuloocular reflex: signal processing by floccular and ventral parafloccular Purkinje cells. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:2267-88 pubmed..This apparent incorrect directional change might serve to prevent instability of the VOR caused by positive feedback via the efference copy pathway. ..
- Okazaki Y, Nagai H, Chew S, Li J, Funahashi S, Tsujimura T, et al. CD146 and insulin-like growth factor 2 mRNA-binding protein 3 predict prognosis of asbestos-induced rat mesothelioma. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:989-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the overexpression of CD146 and/or IMP3 was proportionally correlated with shortened survival. These results suggest that CD146 and IMP3 are useful diagnostic and prognostic markers of MM. ..
- Inoue A, Akagawa K. Neuron-specific antigen HPC-1 from bovine brain reveals strong homology to epimorphin, an essential factor involved in epithelial morphogenesis: identification of a novel protein family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;187:1144-50 pubmed..Although the relationship of the physiological functions, structures and topologies along cellular membrane between the HPC-1 antigen and epimorphin have not been consistent yet, these two proteins belong to a novel protein family. ..
- Tanaka H, Nishimura M, Homma N, Habuchi Y, Watanabe Y. Electrophysiologic actions of aprindine in rabbit atrioventricular node. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1990;341:347-56 pubmed..These blocking actions of aprindine together with its inhibition of the transient outward and inward currents may explain its antiarrhythmic effects on the atrioventricular node. ..
- Suzumura A, Sawada M, Yamamoto H, Marunouchi T. Effects of colony stimulating factors on isolated microglia in vitro. J Neuroimmunol. 1990;30:111-20 pubmed..Factors from astrocytes may have a role in the transformation of microglia which occurs in either normal developing brain or inflammation in the brain. ..
- Watanabe T, Masaki S, Takahashi N, Nishimura M, Kato H. Restriction fragment length polymorphism and chromosome mapping of a mouse homeo box gene, Hox-2.1. Biochem Genet. 1988;26:805-13 pubmed..Three-point cross test data showed that the recombination frequency is 29.6% between the Hba and the Hox-2.1 genes and 23.5% between the Hox-2.1 and the Es-3 genes. The gene order of Hba-Hox-2.1-Es-3 has been confirmed. ..
- Aoki H, Akiyama H, Hosoya H, Souda M, Morioku T, Marunouchi T. Transient expression of M-CSF is important for osteoclast-like cell differentiation in a monocytic leukemia cell line. J Cell Biochem. 1997;64:67-76 pubmed..Furthermore, both dexamethasone and IFN-gamma impaired the attenuation of M-CSF expression, suggesting that the transient expression of M-CSF may be important for the formation of osteoclast-like cells. ..
- Abe Dohmae S, Takagi Y, Harada N. Autonomous expression of aromatase during development of mouse brain is modulated by neurotransmitters. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1997;61:299-306 pubmed
- Iwata Y, Shinomura T, Kurita K, Zako M, Kimata K. The gene structure and organization of mouse PG-Lb, a small chondroitin/dermatan sulphate proteoglycan. Biochem J. 1998;331 ( Pt 3):959-64 pubmed..The chromosomal localization of the murine PG-Lb gene was determined to be on the mouse chromosome 10 by the fluorescence-in-situ-hybridization ('FISH') method. ..
- Shiga A, Nakagawa T, Nakayama M, Endo T, Iguchi F, Kim T, et al. Aging effects on vestibulo-ocular responses in C57BL/6 mice: comparison with alteration in auditory function. Audiol Neurootol. 2005;10:97-104 pubmed..These findings indicate that mechanisms for age-related changes in vestibular function differ from those of auditory function. ..
- Takeda K, Hara H. [Abeta vaccination and treatment of Alzheimer's disease]. No To Shinkei. 2005;57:867-76 pubmed
- Ohta Y, Kongo Nishimura M, Imai Y, Kitagawa A. Melatonin attenuates disruption of serum cholesterol status in rats with a single alpha-naphthylisothiocyanate treatment. J Pineal Res. 2007;42:159-65 pubmed..These results indicate that orally administered melatonin attenuates the disruption of serum cholesterol status in rats treated once with ANIT possibly by maintaining cholesterol metabolism and transport in the serum and liver. ..
- Mitsunaga F, Nakamura S, Hayashi T, Eberle R. Changes in the titer of anti-B virus antibody in captive macaques (Macaca fuscata, M. mulatta, M. fascicularis). Comp Med. 2007;57:120-4 pubmed..Further studies should be performed to investigate whether reactivation of BV led to the observed increase in the anti-BV antibody titer...
- Habuchi H, Nagai N, Sugaya N, Atsumi F, Stevens R, Kimata K. Mice deficient in heparan sulfate 6-O-sulfotransferase-1 exhibit defective heparan sulfate biosynthesis, abnormal placentation, and late embryonic lethality. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15578-88 pubmed..Thus, despite the presence of three closely related 6-O-sulfotransferase genes in the mouse genome, HS6ST-1 is the primary one used in HS biosynthesis in most tissues. ..
- Hishida T, Eguchi T, Osada S, Nishizuka M, Imagawa M. A novel gene, fad49, plays a crucial role in the immediate early stage of adipocyte differentiation via involvement in mitotic clonal expansion. FEBS J. 2008;275:5576-88 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that fad49, a novel gene, plays a crucial role in the immediate early stage of adipogenesis. ..
- Sumino Y, Nagai K, Shitaka Y, Tanaka D, Yoshikawa K, Chaté H, et al. Large-scale vortex lattice emerging from collectively moving microtubules. Nature. 2012;483:448-52 pubmed publisher..Apart from its potential relevance to cortical arrays in plant cells and other biological situations, our study provides evidence for the existence of previously unsuspected universality classes of collective motion phenomena. ..
- Takahashi Y, Tsuruta S, Honda A, Fujiwara Y, Satoh M, Yasutake A. Effect of dental amalgam on gene expression profiles in rat cerebrum, cerebellum, liver and kidney. J Toxicol Sci. 2012;37:663-6 pubmed
- Onouchi T, Takamori N, Senda T. Colocalization of APC and PSD-95 in the nerve fiber as well as in the post-synapse of matured neurons. Med Mol Morphol. 2012;45:152-60 pubmed
- Harato M, Huang L, Kondo F, Tsunekawa K, Feng G, Fan J, et al. Bupivacaine-induced apoptosis independently of WDR35 expression in mouse neuroblastoma Neuro2a cells. BMC Neurosci. 2012;13:149 pubmed publisher..The present study was undertaken to test whether bupivacaine induces apoptosis in mouse neuroblastoma Neuro2a cells and to determine whether ROS, p38 MAPK, and WDR35 are involved...