Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
- Masuda K, Nakamura T, Shimomura K. Specific metabolic activation of FK973, a new antitumor antibiotic, in L1210 leukemia cells. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1990;53:463-72 pubmed..This activation of FK973 in the cytoplasm is discussed in connection with the drug-metabolic system(s) in relation to the structures of the compounds...
- Hieshima K, Ohtani H, Shibano M, Izawa D, Nakayama T, Kawasaki Y, et al. CCL28 has dual roles in mucosal immunity as a chemokine with broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity. J Immunol. 2003;170:1452-61 pubmed..Collectively, CCL28 may play dual roles in mucosal immunity as a chemoattractant for cells expressing CCR10 and/or CCR3 such as plasma cells and also as a broad-spectrum antimicrobial protein secreted into low-salt body fluids. ..
- Takayama K, Kawabata K, Nagamoto Y, Inamura M, Ohashi K, Okuno H, et al. CCAAT/enhancer binding protein-mediated regulation of TGF? receptor 2 expression determines the hepatoblast fate decision. Development. 2014;141:91-100 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated that c/EBP? and c/EBP? determine the lineage commitment of hepatoblasts by negatively and positively regulating the expression of a common target gene, TGFBR2, respectively. ..
- Sakai Y, Meno C, Fujii H, Nishino J, Shiratori H, Saijoh Y, et al. The retinoic acid-inactivating enzyme CYP26 is essential for establishing an uneven distribution of retinoic acid along the anterio-posterior axis within the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 2001;15:213-25 pubmed..These results suggest that local degradation of RA by CYP26 is required for establishing an uneven distribution of RA along the anterio-posterior axis, which is essential for patterning the hindbrain, vertebrae, and tailbud. ..
- Thomas J, Sznajder Ł, Bardhi O, Aslam F, Anastasiadis Z, Scotti M, et al. Disrupted prenatal RNA processing and myogenesis in congenital myotonic dystrophy. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1122-1133 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that RNA misprocessing is a major pathogenic factor in CDM and provides novel mouse models to further examine roles for cotranscriptional/post-transcriptional gene regulation during development. ..
- Abulaiti A, Shintani Y, Funaki S, Nakagiri T, Inoue M, Sawabata N, et al. Interaction between non-small-cell lung cancer cells and fibroblasts via enhancement of TGF-? signaling by IL-6. Lung Cancer. 2013;82:204-13 pubmed publisher..Fibroblasts are key components of the tumor microenvironment. We clarified the role of transforming growth factor (TGF)-? and interleukin (IL)-6 in the interaction between fibroblasts and non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells...
- Tanaka S, Hayashi T, Yoshimura K, Nakayama M, Fujita T, Amano T, et al. Double heterozygosity for a novel missense mutation of Ile304 to Asn in addition to the missense mutation His280 to Pro in the integrin beta3 gene as a cause of the absence of platelet alphaIIbbeta3 in Glanzmann's thrombasthenia. J Thromb Haemost. 2005;3:68-73 pubmed..In this study, we describe a new missense mutation (ATC to AAC) at position 1009 in exon 6 that leads to an amino acid substitution (Ile304 to Asn) in beta3, which is responsible for this GT case. ..
- Abe N. Molecular and phylogenetic analysis of Blastocystis isolates from various hosts. Vet Parasitol. 2004;120:235-42 pubmed..These results indicate that many of the isolates harboring in animals have zoonotic potential, or have cross-transmissibility among heterogeneous hosts. ..
- Li Q, Sato E, Kira Y, Nishikawa M, Utsumi K, Inoue M. A possible cooperation of SOD1 and cytochrome c in mitochondria-dependent apoptosis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006;40:173-81 pubmed..Our data also suggest that SOD1 release parallels cytochrome c release under all conditions. We propose that intramembranously localized SOD1 is a third reagent (along with AIF) that will regulate apoptosis. ..
- Kitano M, Wada J, Ariki Y, Kato M, Wanibuchi H, Morimura K, et al. Possible tumor development from double positive foci for TGF-alpha and GST-P observed in early stages on rat hepatocarcinogenesis. Cancer Sci. 2006;97:478-83 pubmed..Our data suggest that double positive foci for GST-P and TGF-alpha in the early stages of rat hepatocarcinogenesis may develop into tumors with promotion. ..
- Koyama Y, Tanaka K. Endothelins stimulate the production of stromelysin-1 in cultured rat astrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:659-63 pubmed publisher..These results show that activation of astrocytic ET receptors stimulates the production of stromelysin-1, suggesting a role for ETs in stromelysin production in brain pathologies. ..
- Matsubara T, Ikeda F, Hata K, Nakanishi M, Okada M, Yasuda H, et al. Cbp recruitment of Csk into lipid rafts is critical to c-Src kinase activity and bone resorption in osteoclasts. J Bone Miner Res. 2010;25:1068-76 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to an understanding of the unique regulatory system for c-Src in osteoclasts. ..
- Masuko K, Okazaki S, Satoh M, Tanaka G, Ikeda T, Torii R, et al. Anti-tumor effect against human cancer xenografts by a fully human monoclonal antibody to a variant 8-epitope of CD44R1 expressed on cancer stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29728 pubmed publisher..CD44R1 is an excellent molecular target for mAb therapy of cancer, possibly superior to molecules targeted by existing therapeutic mAb, such as Trastuzumab and Cetuximab recognizing human epidermal growth factor receptor family. ..
- Kohno H, Furukawa T, Yoshinaga T, Tokunaga R, Taketani S. Coproporphyrinogen oxidase. Purification, molecular cloning, and induction of mRNA during erythroid differentiation. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:21359-63 pubmed
- Higashino K, Ishizaki J, Kishino J, Ohara O, Arita H. Structural comparison of phospholipase-A2-binding regions in phospholipase-A2 receptors from various mammals. Eur J Biochem. 1994;225:375-82 pubmed..Lambeau, G., Ancian, P., Barhanin, J. & Lazdunski, M. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 1575-1578] is a rabbit counterpart of the PLA2-I receptor although these two PLA2 receptors have distinctive PLA2-binding specificities. ..
- Kaneda H, Arao T, Tanaka K, Tamura D, Aomatsu K, Kudo K, et al. FOXQ1 is overexpressed in colorectal cancer and enhances tumorigenicity and tumor growth. Cancer Res. 2010;70:2053-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, FOXQ1 is overexpressed in CRC and enhances tumorigenicity and tumor growth presumably through its angiogenic and antiapoptotic effects. Our findings show that FOXQ1 is a new member of the cancer-related FOX family. ..
- Morikawa T, Pan Y, Ninomiya K, Imura K, Matsuda H, Yoshikawa M, et al. Acylated phenylethanoid oligoglycosides with hepatoprotective activity from the desert plant Cistanche tubulosa. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:1882-90 pubmed publisher..2 microM), and cistantubuloside B(1) (11, 21.4 microM) also reduced TNF-alpha-induced cytotoxicity in L929 cells. Moreover, principal constituents (4-6) exhibited in vivo hepatoprotective effects at doses of 25-100mg/kg, po...
- Ohara O, Ishizaki J, Nakano T, Arita H, Teraoka H. A simple and sensitive method for determining transcription initiation site: identification of two transcription initiation sites in rat group II phospholipase A2 gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:6997-7002 pubmed..Using this method, we were able to map two transcriptional initiation sites on the nucleotide sequence of the core promoter region of PLA2 gene with one-base resolution without any difficulties. ..
- Jeong Y, Ishikawa K, Someya Y, Hosoda A, Yoshimi T, Yokoyama C, et al. Molecular characterization and expression of the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-10, a new member of the LDLR gene family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1110-5 pubmed publisher..5 mouse cerebral cortex. The present studies suggest that LRP10 may play a significant role in the brain physiology other than lipoprotein metabolism. ..
- Tada M, Fukui K, Momoi K, Miyake Y. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding mouse kidney D-amino acid oxidase. Gene. 1990;90:293-7 pubmed..Moreover, the maximum activity of the mouse recombinant DAO was estimated to be comparable with that of the porcine DAO synthesized in E. coli cells. ..
- Hashimoto Y, Tomiyama T, Yamano Y, Mori H. Mutation (D472Y) in the type 3 repeat domain of cartilage oligomeric matrix protein affects its early vesicle trafficking in endoplasmic reticulum and induces apoptosis. Am J Pathol. 2003;163:101-10 pubmed..Pathological accumulation of COMP in rER and apoptosis in COS7 cells that were induced by the mutation (D472Y) in COMP imply that COMP mutations play a role in the pathogenesis of PSACH. ..
- Ogura T, Ueda H, Hosohara K, Tsuji R, Nagata Y, Kashiwamura S, et al. Interleukin-18 stimulates hematopoietic cytokine and growth factor formation and augments circulating granulocytes in mice. Blood. 2001;98:2101-7 pubmed
- Hosomi S, Grootjans J, Tschurtschenthaler M, Krupka N, Matute J, Flak M, et al. Intestinal epithelial cell endoplasmic reticulum stress promotes MULT1 up-regulation and NKG2D-mediated inflammation. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2985-2997 pubmed publisher..These experiments reveal innate immune sensing of ER stress in IECs as an important mechanism of intestinal inflammation. ..
- Matsubara T, Morita M, Hayashi A. Determination of the presence of ceramide aminoethylphosphonate and ceramide N-methylaminoethylphosphonate in marine animals by fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1042:280-6 pubmed..Interestingly, mollusca in the early stage of evolution have both CAEPn and CMAEPn, while most in the middle stage have only CMAEPn and those in the highest stage have only CAEPn. ..
- Shimo T, Adachi Y, Yamanouchi S, Tsuji S, Kimata T, Umezawa K, et al. A novel nuclear factor ?B inhibitor, dehydroxymethylepoxyquinomicin, ameliorates puromycin aminonucleoside-induced nephrosis in mice. Am J Nephrol. 2013;37:302-9 pubmed publisher..We conducted this study to ask whether DHMEQ may ameliorate the nephrosis in mice induced by puromycin aminonucleoside (PAN), which is considered to be an animal model for MCNS...
- Nakagomi S, Suzuki Y, Namikawa K, Kiryu Seo S, Kiyama H. Expression of the activating transcription factor 3 prevents c-Jun N-terminal kinase-induced neuronal death by promoting heat shock protein 27 expression and Akt activation. J Neurosci. 2003;23:5187-96 pubmed..Our results suggest that ATF3- and c-Jun-induced Hsp27 expression is a novel survival response in neurons under death stress such as nerve injury. ..
- Miyashiro M, Furuya S, Fujishige K, Sugita T. Highly sensitive cell-based assay system to monitor the sialyl Lewis X biosynthesis mediated by alpha1-3 fucosyltransferase-VII. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:98-107 pubmed..These results suggest that the FucT-VII may be a major regulator of the biosynthesis of the sLe(x)-epitopes on T lymphoblasts, and this cell-based assay may be utilized for a screening system of FucT-VII inhibitors. ..
- Fujimoto M, Tsutsui H, Xinshou O, Tokumoto M, Watanabe D, Shima Y, et al. Inadequate induction of suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 causes systemic autoimmune diseases. Int Immunol. 2004;16:303-14 pubmed..These findings suggest that dysfunction of SOCS-1 can be a pathogenic factor of systemic autoimmune diseases such as SLE. ..
- Maeda T, Jikko A, Abe M, Yokohama Tamaki T, Akiyama H, Furukawa S, et al. Cartducin, a paralog of Acrp30/adiponectin, is induced during chondrogenic differentiation and promotes proliferation of chondrogenic precursors and chondrocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2006;206:537-44 pubmed
- Nakanishi T, Isotani A, Yamaguchi R, Ikawa M, Baba T, Suarez S, et al. Selective passage through the uterotubal junction of sperm from a mixed population produced by chimeras of calmegin-knockout and wild-type male mice. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:959-65 pubmed
- Kinoshita K, Yamagata T, Nozaki Y, Sugiyama M, Ikoma S, Funauchi M, et al. Blockade of IL-18 receptor signaling delays the onset of autoimmune disease in MRL-Faslpr mice. J Immunol. 2004;173:5312-8 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that IL-18Ralpha signaling is critical to the pathogenesis of autoimmune disease in MRL-Faslpr mice. ..
- Mori N, Kuwamura M, Tanaka N, Hirano R, Nabe M, Ibuki M, et al. Ccdc85c encoding a protein at apical junctions of radial glia is disrupted in hemorrhagic hydrocephalus (hhy) mice. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:314-27 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate an important role of Ccdc85C in cortical development and provide a mouse model to study pathogenesis of subcortical heterotopia and hydrocephalus. ..
- Kidoya H, Kunii N, Naito H, Muramatsu F, Okamoto Y, Nakayama T, et al. The apelin/APJ system induces maturation of the tumor vasculature and improves the efficiency of immune therapy. Oncogene. 2012;31:3254-64 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a new target for tumor vascular-specific maturation, which is expected to improve the efficacy of conventional cancer therapies. ..
- Higashi K, Tomigahara Y, Shiraki H, Miyata K, Mikami T, Kimura T, et al. A novel small compound that promotes nuclear translocation of YB-1 ameliorates experimental hepatic fibrosis in mice. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4485-92 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the results provide a novel insight into therapy for organ fibrosis using YB-1 modulators. ..
- Nakano T, Higashino K, Kikuchi N, Kishino J, Nomura K, Fujita H, et al. Vascular smooth muscle cell-derived, Gla-containing growth-potentiating factor for Ca(2+)-mobilizing growth factors. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:5702-5 pubmed..The presence of a specific binding site suggests that the effect of GPF is mediated by a receptor. Thus, GPF may be a new type of extracellular factor regulating VSMC proliferation. ..
- Shimizu T, Nakamura M, Yoshitomi K, Imai M. Interaction of trichlormethiazide or amiloride with PTH in stimulating Ca2+ absorption in rabbit CNT. Am J Physiol. 1991;261:F36-43 pubmed..The intact Na(+)-Ca2+ antiporter in the basolateral cell membrane is essential for the anticalciuric effect of thiazides and amiloride. ..
- Tanaka T, Ogita A, Usuki Y, Fujita K. Selective inhibition of embryonic development in starfish by long-chain alkyl derivatives of UMP, TMP and AMP. Nat Prod Res. 2009;23:1572-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the appearance of biological activity due to the structural modification of a naturally-occurring molecule, which is critical to the morphogenetic development of multicellular organisms. ..
- Yamauchi K, Kurosaka A. Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3 enhances the expression of alkaline phosphatase and insulin-like growth factor-1 in human primary dermal papilla cell culture and maintains mouse hair bulbs in organ culture. Arch Dermatol Res. 2009;301:357-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, treatment with BIO may be useful to prepare DP cells with hair follicle-inducing activity. ..
- Yamamoto M, Beppu H, Takaoka K, Meno C, Li E, Miyazono K, et al. Antagonism between Smad1 and Smad2 signaling determines the site of distal visceral endoderm formation in the mouse embryo. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:323-34 pubmed publisher..An inverse relation between the level of phosphorylated Smad1 and that of phosphorylated Smad2 in VE suggests an involvement of antagonism between Smad1- and Smad2-mediated signaling. ..
- Kimura T, Suzuki A, Fujita Y, Yomogida K, Lomeli H, Asada N, et al. Conditional loss of PTEN leads to testicular teratoma and enhances embryonic germ cell production. Development. 2003;130:1691-700 pubmed..PTEN appears to be essential for germ cell differentiation and an important factor in testicular germ cell tumor formation. ..
- Takahara Y, Suzuki A, Maeda M, Kawashima H, Nakatani T, Kiyama H. Expression of pancreatitis associated proteins in urothelium and urinary afferent neurons following cyclophosphamide induced cystitis. J Urol. 2008;179:1603-9 pubmed publisher..The current results suggest that pancreatitis-associated protein-III is associated with bladder inflammation and they implicate pancreatitis-associated protein-I in the abnormal sensation in cystitis. ..
- Tomita K, Kubo T, Matsuda K, Fujiwara T, Yano K, Winograd J, et al. The neurotrophin receptor p75NTR in Schwann cells is implicated in remyelination and motor recovery after peripheral nerve injury. Glia. 2007;55:1199-208 pubmed..In summary, the p75(NTR) expression in Schwann cells is important for remyelination process, and the motor recovery after injury is impaired due to impaired axonal growth, remyelination, and radial growth in the axon calibers. ..
- Nakamura T, Hamada H. Left-right patterning: conserved and divergent mechanisms. Development. 2012;139:3257-62 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize the common and divergent mechanisms by which LR asymmetry is established in vertebrates. ..
- Ukai H, Kiyonari H, Ueda H. Production of knock-in mice in a single generation from embryonic stem cells. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:2513-2530 pubmed publisher..In this report, we describe the basic technologies and protocols for this procedure, and discuss the current challenges for next-generation mammalian genetics in organism-level systems biology studies...
- Tennakoon A, Izawa T, Fujita D, Denda Y, Seto E, Sasai H, et al. Combined hepatocellular-cholangiocarcinoma in a Yellow-headed Amazon (Amazona oratrix). J Vet Med Sci. 2013;75:1507-10 pubmed..The tumor was diagnosed as a combined hepatocellular-cholangiocarcinoma, which is very rare in the avian. ..
- Terao M, Ishikawa A, Nakahara S, Kimura A, Kato A, Moriwaki K, et al. Enhanced epithelial-mesenchymal transition-like phenotype in N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase V transgenic mouse skin promotes wound healing. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28303-11 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that GnT-V overexpression promotes EMT and keratinocyte migration in part through enhanced EGF receptor signaling. ..
- Kubota H, Kojima Yuasa A, Morii R, Huang X, Norikura T, Rho S, et al. Anti-obesity effect of Blumea balsamifera extract in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes and adipocytes. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37:843-54 pubmed
- Kawamoto T, Ii M, Kitazaki T, Iizawa Y, Kimura H. TAK-242 selectively suppresses Toll-like receptor 4-signaling mediated by the intracellular domain. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;584:40-8 pubmed publisher..TAK-242 is therefore a selective inhibitor of signaling from the intracellular domain of TLR4 and represents a novel therapeutic approach to the treatment of TLR4-mediated diseases. ..
- Hashimoto S, Hirose M, Hashimoto A, Morishige M, Yamada A, Hosaka H, et al. Targeting AMAP1 and cortactin binding bearing an atypical src homology 3/proline interface for prevention of breast cancer invasion and metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:7036-41 pubmed..Together with fine structural analysis, we propose that the AMAP1/cortactin complex, which is not detected in normal mammary epithelial cells, is an excellent drug target for cancer therapeutics. ..
- Kouno M, Kondoh G, Horie K, Komazawa N, Ishii N, Takahashi Y, et al. Ahnak/Desmoyokin is dispensable for proliferation, differentiation, and maintenance of integrity in mouse epidermis. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:700-7 pubmed..These results lead us to conclude that Ahnak/Desmoyokin deficiency has only a minimal effect on epidermal cell adhesion, tumorigenesis, cell proliferation and differentiation, and overall mouse development. ..
- Sugimura K, Tanaka T, Tanaka Y, Takano H, Kanagawa K, Sakamoto N, et al. Decreased sulfotransferase SULT1C2 gene expression in DPT-induced polycystic kidney. Kidney Int. 2002;62:757-62 pubmed..Although the physiological substrate and function of SULT1C2 have yet to be elucidated, its down-regulation could be involved in the cystic changes of tubules by decreasing the sulfation of the tubular basement membrane components. ..
- Tsutsui Y, Khasanov F, Shinagawa H, Iwasaki H, Bashkirov V. Multiple interactions among the components of the recombinational DNA repair system in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics. 2001;159:91-105 pubmed..pombe RPA. Our data provide compelling evidence that most, but not all, of the protein-protein interactions found in S. cerevisiae DSB repair are evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Nakagawa H, Koyama K, Murata Y, Morito M, Akiyama T, Nakamura Y. EB3, a novel member of the EB1 family preferentially expressed in the central nervous system, binds to a CNS-specific APC homologue. Oncogene. 2000;19:210-6 pubmed..Since APCL is also expressed highly and specifically in the central nervous system, APCL-EB3 interaction may be specific to the CNS, possibly involving stability and/or extension of microtubules during neuritogenesis. ..
- Takekata H, Matsuura Y, Goto S, Satoh A, Numata H. RNAi of the circadian clock gene period disrupts the circadian rhythm but not the circatidal rhythm in the mangrove cricket. Biol Lett. 2012;8:488-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the circatidal rhythm in A. asahinai is controlled by a circatidal clock whose molecular mechanism is different from that of the circadian clock. ..
- Akiyama H, Furukawa S, Wakisaka S, Maeda T. Elevated expression of CTRP3/cartducin contributes to promotion of osteosarcoma cell proliferation. Oncol Rep. 2009;21:1477-81 pubmed..These results suggest that CTRP3/cartducin expression may play a role in osteosarcoma tumor growth associated with activation of the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. ..
- Sugiyama M, Sahashi H, Kurimoto E, Takata S, Yagi H, Kanai K, et al. Spatial arrangement and functional role of ? subunits of proteasome activator PA28 in hetero-oligomeric form. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;432:141-5 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we hypothesize that the flexible PA28 loops act as gatekeepers, which function to select the length of peptide substrates to be transported between the proteolytic chamber and the extra-proteasomal medium. ..
- Brukman N, Miyata H, Torres P, Lombardo D, Caramelo J, Ikawa M, et al. Fertilization defects in sperm from Cysteine-rich secretory protein 2 (Crisp2) knockout mice: implications for fertility disorders. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:240-51 pubmed publisher..S.C. and by the MEXT of Japan to M.I. The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest. ..
- Matsuo N, Ogawa S, Takagi T, Wanaka A, Mori T, Matsuyama T, et al. Cloning of a putative vesicle transport-related protein, RA410, from cultured rat astrocytes and its expression in ischemic rat brain. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16438-44 pubmed..These data provide insight into a new protein (RA410) that participates in the ischemia-related stress response in astrocytes. ..