Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Ōsaka, Japan
Locale: Ōsaka, Japan
Publications596 found, 100 shown here
- Murakami Y, Siripanyaphinyo U, Hong Y, Tashima Y, Maeda Y, Kinoshita T. The initial enzyme for glycosylphosphatidylinositol biosynthesis requires PIG-Y, a seventh component. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5236-46 pubmed publisher..These two proteins are translated from one mRNA by leaky scanning of the PreY initiation site...
- Ogawa T, Kiryu Seo S, Tanaka M, Konishi H, Iwata N, Saido T, et al. Altered expression of neprilysin family members in the pituitary gland of sleep-disturbed rats, an animal model of severe fatigue. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1156-66 pubmed..These results suggest that peptide processing and degradation in the pituitary may be an influential factor in fatigued states such as sleep disturbance. ..
- Nagamori I, Yomogida K, Adams P, Sassone Corsi P, Nojima H. Transcription factors, cAMP-responsive element modulator (CREM) and Tisp40, act in concert in postmeiotic transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15073-81 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that the Tisp40DeltaTM-CREMtau heterodimer acts as a recruiter of HIRA, a histone chaperone, to CRE. Taken together, we propose that Tisp40 is an important transcriptional regulator during spermiogenesis. ..
- Fujioka A, Takashima N, Shigeyoshi Y. Circadian rhythm generation in a glioma cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;346:169-74 pubmed..The C6 glioma cell line has therefore the potential to be a useful tool in future investigations of the underlying molecular machinery of the circadian clock. ..
- Namikawa K, Okamoto T, Suzuki A, Konishi H, Kiyama H. Pancreatitis-associated protein-III is a novel macrophage chemoattractant implicated in nerve regeneration. J Neurosci. 2006;26:7460-7 pubmed
- Kuzumoto Y, Kusunoki S, Kato N, Kihara M, Low P. Effect of the aldose reductase inhibitor fidarestat on experimental diabetic neuropathy in the rat. Diabetologia. 2006;49:3085-93 pubmed..Fidarestat improves neuropathy, presumably via an improvement in oxidative stress. This study supports a role for fidarestat in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Kametani S, Kojima Yuasa A, Kikuzaki H, Kennedy D, Honzawa M, Matsui Yuasa I. Chemical constituents of cape aloe and their synergistic growth-inhibiting effect on Ehrlich ascites tumor cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:1220-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the strong growth-inhibiting effect of the CH(2)Cl(2) extract was dependent not on one compound alone, but on the synergistic effect from the combination of compound 1 and the other compounds. ..
- Kaneda K, Miyamae M, Sugioka S, Okusa C, Inamura Y, Domae N, et al. Sevoflurane enhances ethanol-induced cardiac preconditioning through modulation of protein kinase C, mitochondrial KATP channels, and nitric oxide synthase, in guinea pig hearts. Anesth Analg. 2008;106:9-16, table of contents pubmed publisher..Sevoflurane enhances cardiac preconditioning induced by regular EtOH consumption. This effect is mediated in part by modulation of PKC and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels, and possibly by altered modulation of NOS expression. ..
- Teshima K, Kondo T. Analytical method for determination of allylic isoprenols in rat tissues by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry following chemical derivatization with 3-nitrophtalic anhydride. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2008;47:560-6 pubmed publisher..3 and 10.2%, respectively. This method provided reliable concentration levels for farnesol and geranylgeraniol in rat liver and testis...
- Satoh T, Kato H, Kumagai Y, Yoneyama M, Sato S, Matsushita K, et al. LGP2 is a positive regulator of RIG-I- and MDA5-mediated antiviral responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1512-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present data suggest that LGP2 facilitates viral RNA recognition by RIG-I and MDA5 through its ATPase domain. ..
- Sato K, Awasaki Y, Kandori H, Tanakamaru Z, Nagai H, Baron D, et al. Suppressive effects of acid-forming diet against the tumorigenic potential of pioglitazone hydrochloride in the urinary bladder of male rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;251:234-44 pubmed publisher..Microcrystalluria appears to be involved in the development of the advanced stage proliferative lesions in bladder tumorigenesis induced by PIO in male rats. ..
- Nozaki Y, Kinoshita K, Yano T, Asato K, Shiga T, Hino S, et al. Signaling through the interleukin-18 receptor ? attenuates inflammation in cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. Kidney Int. 2012;82:892-902 pubmed publisher..Thus, signaling through IL-18R? activates both inflammation-suppressing and pro-injury pathways in cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury. ..
- Ohshima M, Yamahara K, Ishikane S, Harada K, Tsuda H, Otani K, et al. Systemic transplantation of allogenic fetal membrane-derived mesenchymal stem cells suppresses Th1 and Th17 T cell responses in experimental autoimmune myocarditis. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2012;53:420-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that intravenous administration of allogenic FM-MSCs ameliorates EAM via the suppression of Th1/Th17 immunity. ..
- Koyanagi M, Terakita A. Diversity of animal opsin-based pigments and their optogenetic potential. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1837:710-6 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Retinal proteins - you can teach an old dog new tricks. ..
- Pervin M, Golbar H, Bondoc A, Izawa T, Kuwamura M, Yamate J. Immunophenotypical characterization and influence on liver homeostasis of depleting and repopulating hepatic macrophages in rats injected with clodronate. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2016;68:113-24 pubmed publisher..The present study confirmed importance of hepatic macrophages in liver homeostasis. The condition of hepatic macrophages should be taken into consideration when chemicals capable of inhibiting macrophage functions are evaluated. ..
- Hashimoto K, Mori S, Oda Y, Nakano A, Sawamura T, Akagi M. Lectin-like oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor 1-deficient mice show resistance to instability-induced osteoarthritis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2016;45:412-22 pubmed publisher..LOX-1-positive chondrocytes and osteophyte-forming cells may be possible targets to prevent disease progression in OA. ..
- Habukawa C, Murakami K, Sugitani K, Ohtani T, Saputra G, Kashiyama K, et al. Changes in lung sounds during asthma progression in a guinea pig model. Allergol Int. 2016;65:425-431 pubmed publisher..003). Lung sound intensity in the middle frequency range from 501 to 1000 Hz correlated with peripheral airway wall thickness. Inspiratory sound intensity appeared to be an indicator of morphological changes in small airways in asthma. ..
- Nakamoto K, Aizawa F, Miyagi K, Yamashita T, Mankura M, Koyama Y, et al. Dysfunctional GPR40/FFAR1 signaling exacerbates pain behavior in mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180610 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that dysfunction of the GPR40/FFAR1 signaling pathway altered the endogenous pain control system and that this dysfunction might be associated with the development of chronic pain. ..
- Tada M, Takahashi S, Miyano M, Miyake Y. Tissue-specific regulation of renin-binding protein gene expression in rats. J Biochem. 1992;112:175-82 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of RnBP gene in the kidney and adrenal gland is regulated independently, and the function of RnBP is related to electrolyte homeostasis, probably through the interaction with renin. ..
- Sermsuvitayawong K, Wang X, Nagabukuro A, Matsuda Y, Morisaki H, Toyama K, et al. Genomic organization of Ampd3, heart-type AMPD gene, located in mouse chromosome 7. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:767-9 pubmed
- Gondou A, Toyoda N, Nishikawa M, Tabata S, Yonemoto T, Ogawa Y, et al. Induction of type 2 deiodinase activity by cyclic guanosine 3',5'-monophosphate in cultured rat glial cells. Thyroid. 1998;8:615-22 pubmed..Our data suggest that cGMP induces rat D2 activity, at least in part, at the pretranslational level, and that ANP and CNP increase D2 activity most likely via their guanylate cyclase-linked receptors in rat glial cells. ..
- Kotani M, Matsumoto M, Fujita A, Higa S, Wang W, Suemura M, et al. Persimmon leaf extract and astragalin inhibit development of dermatitis and IgE elevation in NC/Nga mice. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2000;106:159-66 pubmed..This study demonstrates a novel activity of astragalin and the dramatic effect of persimmon leaf extract and astragalin on atopic dermatitis-model mice. ..
- Tanaka S, Kitagawa K, Ohtsuki T, Yagita Y, Takasawa K, Hori M, et al. Synergistic induction of HSP40 and HSC70 in the mouse hippocampal neurons after cerebral ischemia and ischemic tolerance in gerbil hippocampus. J Neurosci Res. 2002;67:37-47 pubmed
- Tanigawa T, Watanabe T, Hamaguchi M, Sasaki E, Tominaga K, Fujiwara Y, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of two isoforms of COX in H. pylori-induced gastritis in mice: possible involvement of PGE2. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;286:G148-56 pubmed..In conclusion, PGE2 derived from either COX-1 or -2 is involved in regulation of gastric mucosal inflammation and contributes to maintenance of mucosal integrity during H. pylori infection via inhibition of TNF-alpha expression. ..
- Matsuyama M, Yoshimura R, Hase T, Uchida J, Tsuchida K, Takemoto Y, et al. Expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma in renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. Transplant Proc. 2005;37:1684-5 pubmed..PPAR-gamma is induced on collecting ducts, interstitial cells, and endothelial cells in a rat model having renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Okochi M, Fukumori A, Jiang J, Itoh N, Kimura R, Steiner H, et al. Secretion of the Notch-1 Abeta-like peptide during Notch signaling. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7890-8 pubmed..We anticipate that this study will open the door to searches for markers of RIP signaling and surrogate markers for Abeta42 production. ..
- Ohashi S, Nishio A, Nakamura H, Asada M, Tamaki H, Kawasaki K, et al. Overexpression of redox-active protein thioredoxin-1 prevents development of chronic pancreatitis in mice. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:1835-45 pubmed..These results indicate that TRX-1 can potentially attenuate pancreatic fibrosis via the suppression of oxidative stress and MCP-1-mediated chronic inflammation. ..
- Sakurai H, Sakurai F, Kawabata K, Sasaki T, Koizumi N, Huang H, et al. Comparison of gene expression efficiency and innate immune response induced by Ad vector and lipoplex. J Control Release. 2007;117:430-7 pubmed..Thus, care should be taken to ensure the innate immune response induced by gene therapy vectors, especially lipoplex. ..
- Tsuchiya S, Tsukamoto Y, Taira E, LaMarre J. Involvement of transforming growth factor-beta in the expression of gicerin, a cell adhesion molecule, in the regeneration of hepatocytes. Int J Mol Med. 2007;19:381-6 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest that TGF-beta1 may therefore regulate gicerin expression in hepatocytes leading to liver regeneration by cell-cell or cell-ECM interactions. ..
- Kusakabe K, Naka M, Ito Y, Eid N, Otsuki Y. Regulation of natural-killer cell cytotoxicity and enhancement of complement factors in the spontaneously aborted mouse placenta. Fertil Steril. 2008;90:1451-9 pubmed..In the process of spontaneous abortion, the cytotoxicity of uterine NK cells is inhibited, and the innate immune system through adipsin and complement C3 appears to be influential. ..
- Kanzaki N, Ogita H, Komura H, Ozaki M, Sakamoto Y, Majima T, et al. Involvement of the nectin-afadin complex in PDGF-induced cell survival. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2008-17 pubmed publisher..This complex was associated with PDGF receptor on the plasma membrane at cell-cell adhesion sites. Thus, the nectin-afadin complex is involved in PDGF-induced cell survival, at least through the PI3K-Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Motoyama K, Koyama H, Moriwaki M, Emura K, Okuyama S, Sato E, et al. Atheroprotective and plaque-stabilizing effects of enzymatically modified isoquercitrin in atherogenic apoE-deficient mice. Nutrition. 2009;25:421-7 pubmed publisher..EMIQ has atheroprotective and plaque-stabilizing effects. ..
- Morikawa T, Muraoka O, Yoshikawa M. [Pharmaceutical food science: search for anti-obese constituents from medicinal foods-anti-hyperlipidemic saponin constituents from the flowers of Bellis perennis]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2010;130:673-8 pubmed..In this review, our recent studies on anti-hyperlipidemic saponin constituents from flowers of Bellis perennis are described. ..
- Ito T, Iwamoto K, Tsuji I, Tsubouchi H, Omae H, Sato T, et al. Trimerization of murine TNF ligand family member LIGHT increases the cytotoxic activity against the FM3A mammary carcinoma cell line. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;90:1691-9 pubmed publisher..coli or mammalian cell systems showed weak or no inhibitory activity. These data clearly indicated that trimerization of soluble mLIGHT is essential for its biological activity. ..
- Morita Y, Iwai S, Kuraoka I. A method for detecting genetic toxicity using the RNA synthesis response to DNA damage. J Toxicol Sci. 2011;36:515-21 pubmed
- Nagata T, Koyanagi M, Tsukamoto H, Saeki S, Isono K, Shichida Y, et al. Depth perception from image defocus in a jumping spider. Science. 2012;335:469-71 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose a depth perception mechanism based on how much the retinal image is defocused. ..
- Hiramoto K, Kobayashi H, Yamate Y, Ishii M, Sato E. Intercellular pathway through hyaluronic acid in UVB-induced inflammation. Exp Dermatol. 2012;21:911-4 pubmed publisher..It is thought that this system may play an important role in the damage and ageing of skin, and further studies are necessary to confirm these finding. ..
- Torigoe M, Yamauchi K, Tamada A, Matsuda I, Aiba A, Castellani V, et al. Role of neuropilin-2 in the ipsilateral growth of midbrain dopaminergic axons. Eur J Neurosci. 2013;37:1573-83 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that a novel mechanism mediated by Nrp2 contributes to the establishment of uncrossed projections by mDAN axons. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Okada K, Mizuno T, Ota T, Yamada H, Doi M, et al. Real-Time Recording of Circadian Per1 and Per2 Expression in the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus of Freely Moving Rats. J Biol Rhythms. 2016;31:108-11 pubmed publisher..Studies of in vivo transcriptional states of clock genes in freely moving animals should improve our understanding of how clock gene expression is reflected in behavior. ..
- Nagano T, Wu W, Tsumura K, Yonemoto Yano H, Kamada T, Haruma K. The inhibitory effect of soybean and soybean isoflavone diets on 2,4-dinitrofluorobenzene-induced contact hypersensitivity in mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:991-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that soybean and SI consumption downregulated the gene and protein expression of CCL24, thereby affording protection against CHS in mice. ..
- Kitahara M, Miyagawa S, Fukushima S, Saito A, Shintani A, Akita T, et al. Biodegradable vs Nonbiodegradable Cardiac Support Device for Treating Ischemic Cardiomyopathy in a Canine Heart. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;29:51-61 pubmed publisher..02). The cardiac support devices made of biodegradable material were more effective in improving systolic function, with preservation of diastolic function in the canine infarct heart, than devices made of nonbiodegradable material. ..
- Tatsuta M, Iishi H, Baba M, Taniguchi H. Effect of 6-hydroxydopamine on gastric carcinogenesis and tetragastrin inhibition of gastric carcinogenesis induced by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine in Wistar rats. Cancer Res. 1989;49:4199-203 pubmed..This effect of 6-OHDA may be related to its ability to inhibit cell proliferation of the antral mucosa. ..
- Uchida K, Kakushi H, Shike T. Effects of 1-S replaced and/or decarboxylated latamoxef on rabbit platelet aggregation in vitro. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1988;46:71-7 pubmed
- Suga H, Yasumura Y, Nozawa T, Futaki S, Tanaka N. Pressure-volume relation around zero transmural pressure in excised cross-circulated dog left ventricle. Circ Res. 1988;63:361-72 pubmed..5 +/- 2.0 mm Hg. Directly measured LV dead volume (Vd) at Pn was 4.1 +/- 1.3 ml/100 g. The results seem essential for evaluation of LV filling and suction during diastole. ..
- Miwa T, Koyama T, Shirai M. Muscle specific expression of Cre recombinase under two actin promoters in transgenic mice. Genesis. 2000;26:136-8 pubmed
- Nakajima Y, Miyahara I, Hirotsu K, Nishina Y, Shiga K, Setoyama C, et al. Three-dimensional structure of the flavoenzyme acyl-CoA oxidase-II from rat liver, the peroxisomal counterpart of mitochondrial acyl-CoA dehydrogenase. J Biochem. 2002;131:365-74 pubmed..The crevice for binding the fatty acyl chain is 28 A long and 6 A wide, large enough to accommodate the C23 acyl chain. ..
- Koga H, Kaji Y, Nishii K, Shirai M, Tomotsune D, Osugi T, et al. Overexpression of Polycomb-group gene rae28 in cardiomyocytes does not complement abnormal cardiac morphogenesis in mice lacking rae28 but causes dilated cardiomyopathy. Lab Invest. 2002;82:375-85 pubmed..rae28-induced dilated cardiomyopathy may thus provide a clue for clarifying the direct role of PcG in the maintenance of cardiomyocytes. ..
- Furusawa N. Determination of sulfonamide residues in eggs by liquid chromatography. J AOAC Int. 2002;85:848-52 pubmed..3 and 4.7%. The limits of quantitation were 0.060 ppm for SMZ, 0.045 for SMM, 0.044 for SDM, and 0.093 for SQ. The analysis of one sample required < 30 min and < 5 mL ethanol as solvent. ..
- Higuchi K, Tominaga K, Uno H, Yasuda M, Hashiume M, Matsumoto M, et al. Effects of ecabet sodium, an antiulcer drug, on gastric adaptive relaxation in isolated guinea-pig stomachs. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 2002;28:105-11 pubmed..The results suggested that this antiulcer drug might improve symptoms in patients with dysmotility-like functional dyspepsia. ..
- Ishii M, Kurachi Y. Assays of RGS protein modulation by phosphatidylinositides and calmodulin. Methods Enzymol. 2004;389:105-18 pubmed..These assays would be useful for dissecting the physiological modes of action of RGS proteins in controlling G-protein-mediated signaling machinery. ..
- Kawabata K, Sakurai F, Yamaguchi T, Hayakawa T, Mizuguchi H. Efficient gene transfer into mouse embryonic stem cells with adenovirus vectors. Mol Ther. 2005;12:547-54 pubmed..These results suggest that Ad vectors can be used for basic research using ES cells and that they may be of great utility for therapeutic applications in gene-modified regenerative medicine based on ES cells. ..
- Motoyama K, Fukumoto S, Koyama H, Emoto M, Shimano H, Maemura K, et al. SREBP inhibits VEGF expression in human smooth muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:354-60 pubmed..These data demonstrated that SREBP1, activated by atorvastatin, suppressed VEGF expression through the indirect interaction with the proximal tandem Sp1 sites in VSMCs. ..
- Miyoshi T, Maruhashi M, Van de Putte T, Kondoh H, Huylebroeck D, Higashi Y. Complementary expression pattern of Zfhx1 genes Sip1 and deltaEF1 in the mouse embryo and their genetic interaction revealed by compound mutants. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1941-52 pubmed..These findings indicate that complex synergistic interactions occur between Zfhx1 transcription factor genes during mouse embryogenesis. ..
- Sakamori R, Takehara T, Ohnishi C, Tatsumi T, Ohkawa K, Takeda K, et al. Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 signaling within hepatocytes attenuates systemic inflammatory response and lethality in septic mice. Hepatology. 2007;46:1564-73 pubmed
- Aihara T, Nakamura M, Ueki S, Hara H, Miki M, Arata T. Switch action of troponin on muscle thin filament as revealed by spin labeling and pulsed EPR. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10671-7 pubmed publisher..These results support a concept that the regulatory region of TnI, as a molecular switch, binds to the exposed hydrophobic patch of TnC and traps the inhibitory region of TnI away from actin in Ca(2+) activation of muscle. ..
- Yamamoto H, Kawada T, Kamiya A, Miyazaki S, Sugimachi M. Involvement of the mechanoreceptors in the sensory mechanisms of manual and electrical acupuncture. Auton Neurosci. 2011;160:27-31 pubmed publisher..9 ± 4 bpm, P<0.01) and depressor responses (-32 ± 6 vs. -15 ± 5 mmHg, P<0.01). These results indicate that the mechanoreceptors are involved in the sensory mechanisms for both MA and EA. ..
- Kusunoki S, Kaida K. Antibodies against ganglioside complexes in Guillain-Barré syndrome and related disorders. J Neurochem. 2011;116:828-32 pubmed publisher..Future investigation is necessary to elucidate the roles of GSCs in the plasma membrane and of the clinical relevance of the anti-GSCs antibodies. ..
- Inui T, Inui Yamamoto C, Yoshioka Y, Ohzawa I, Shimura T. Activation of projective neurons from the nucleus accumbens to ventral pallidum by a learned aversive taste stimulus in rats: a manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging study. Neuroscience. 2011;177:66-73 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the conditioned aversive taste enhanced the activities of the projective NAc-VP neurons and suggest specific involvement of the NAc-VP pathway in the rejection of CS in retrieval of CTA. ..
- Kawano Yamashita E, Koyanagi M, Shichida Y, Oishi T, Tamotsu S, Terakita A. ?-arrestin functionally regulates the non-bleaching pigment parapinopsin in lamprey pineal. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16402 pubmed publisher..Such changes would have followed the evolution of vertebrate visual pigments, which generate unstable photoproducts that independently decay by chromophore dissociation...
- Nishisho T, Hata K, Nakanishi M, Morita Y, Sun Wada G, Wada Y, et al. The a3 isoform vacuolar type H?-ATPase promotes distant metastasis in the mouse B16 melanoma cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:845-55 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that inhibition of the development of cancer-associated acidic environments by suppressing a3 V-ATPase could be a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of cancer metastasis. ..
- Nishio N, Taniguchi W, Sugimura Y, Takiguchi N, Yamanaka M, Kiyoyuki Y, et al. Reactive oxygen species enhance excitatory synaptic transmission in rat spinal dorsal horn neurons by activating TRPA1 and TRPV1 channels. Neuroscience. 2013;247:201-12 pubmed publisher..Excessive activation of these ion channels by ROS may induce central sensitization in the spinal cord and result in chronic pain such as that following SCI. ..
- Yamano E, Tanaka M, Ishii A, Tsuruoka N, Abe K, Watanabe Y. Effects of chicken essence on recovery from mental fatigue in healthy males. Med Sci Monit. 2013;19:540-7 pubmed publisher..We showed that daily intake of essence of chicken could be effective for the recovery from mental fatigue and is a promising candidate for use as an anti-fatigue food. ..
- Shima R, Li T, Sendai Y, Kataoka C, Mori Y, Abe T, et al. Production of hepatitis E virus-like particles presenting multiple foreign epitopes by co-infection of recombinant baculoviruses. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21638 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the chimeric HEV-LP system provides a novel vaccine carrier that can accommodate multiple neutralizing epitopes on its surface. ..
- Sakai R, Maeda A, Matsuura R, Eguchi H, Lo P, Hasuwa H, et al. Expression of a Synthetic Gene of CTDM by Transgenic Animals. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:1279-81 pubmed publisher..6. A naive control mouse was also analyzed in the exact manner as for the transgenic mice. A synthetic CTDM gene with codon usage optimized to the mammalian system represents a critical factor in the development of transgenic animals. ..
- Maeda N, Kawada N, Seki S, Arakawa T, Ikeda K, Iwao H, et al. Stimulation of proliferation of rat hepatic stellate cells by galectin-1 and galectin-3 through different intracellular signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:18938-44 pubmed..Thus, it appears that galectin-1 and galectin-3, generated by activated HSCs, could participate in beta-galactoside binding and induce different intracellular signaling pathways leading to the proliferation of HSCs. ..
- Kawai Y, Kohda Y, Kodawara T, Gemba M. Protective effect of a protein kinase inhibitor on cellular injury induced by cephaloridine in the porcine kidney cell line LLC-PK(1). J Toxicol Sci. 2005;30:157-63 pubmed..These results suggest that a signaling pathway which involves protein kinase C and tyrosine kinase plays a role in the generation of reactive oxygen species in LLC-PK(1) cells damaged by cephaloridine. ..
- Hayakawa T, Fujiwara Y, Hamaguchi M, Sugawa T, Okuyama M, Sasaki E, et al. Roles of cyclooxygenase 2 and microsomal prostaglandin E synthase 1 in rat acid reflux oesophagitis. Gut. 2006;55:450-6 pubmed..PGE2 derived from COX-2 and mPGES-1 plays a significant role in the pathogenesis of chronic acid reflux oesophagitis, and possibly in basal hyperplasia and persistent inflammatory cell infiltration. ..
- Kobayashi N, Hariguchi F, Okamoto T, Okada Y, Hayashi T, Matsuno T. Characteristics of the anticoccidial activity of 6-azauracil. J Vet Med Sci. 1996;58:115-20 pubmed..Activity of AzU was studied in vitro against E. tenella in chick kidney cells. AzU inhibited the development of the first- and second-generation schizonts at 100-200 ppm in the medium. Degenerated parasites were observed...
- Okumura M, Imanishi M, Yamashita T, Yamamura Y, Kim S, Iwao H, et al. Renal production of thromboxane and prostaglandins in a rat model of type 2 diabetes. Life Sci. 2000;66:371-7 pubmed..These results suggest that altered renal production of TXA2 and PGI2 is involved in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy in rats with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Fukui A, Inoue N, Matsumoto M, Nomura M, Yamada K, Matsuda Y, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of chicken toll-like receptors. A single chicken toll covers multiple molecular patterns. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47143-9 pubmed..In oviparous animals, the duplicated TLRs in the pattern-recognition system may function for host-pathogen discrimination in a manner that is distinct from that in mammals. ..
- Hibi M, Hirano T, Dawid I. Organizer formation and function. Results Probl Cell Differ. 2002;40:48-71 pubmed
- Uchida Y, Kaibori M, Hijikawa T, Ishizaki M, Ozaki T, Tanaka H, et al. Protective effect of neutrophil elastase inhibitor (FR136706) in lethal acute liver failure induced by D-galactosamine and lipopolysaccharide in rats. J Surg Res. 2008;145:57-65 pubmed
- Katagiri K, Katakai T, Ebisuno Y, Ueda Y, Okada T, Kinashi T. Mst1 controls lymphocyte trafficking and interstitial motility within lymph nodes. EMBO J. 2009;28:1319-31 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Mst1(-/-) lymphocytes had impaired motility over lymph node-derived stromal cells and within lymph nodes. Thus, our data indicate that Mst1 is a key enzyme involved in lymphocyte entry and interstitial migration. ..
- Sakuma S, Teraoka Y, Sagawa T, Masaoka Y, Kataoka M, Yamashita S, et al. Carboxyl group-terminated polyamidoamine dendrimers bearing glucosides inhibit intestinal hexose transporter-mediated D-glucose uptake. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2010;75:366-74 pubmed publisher..The dendritic conjugate bearing arbutin appears to be a good candidate as an oral anti-diabetic drug. ..
- Shinto O, Yashiro M, Kawajiri H, Shimizu K, Shimizu T, Miwa A, et al. Combination effect of a TGF-beta receptor kinase inhibitor with 5-FU analog S1 on lymph node metastasis of scirrhous gastric cancer in mice. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:1846-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that the TbetaR-I kinase inhibitor with S1 is useful for the treatment of scirrhous gastric carcinoma with LN metastasis. (Cancer Sci 2010). ..
- Kang S, Kumanogoh A. Semaphorins in bone development, homeostasis, and disease. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2013;24:163-71 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on advanced findings on the role of semaphorins/receptors and their intracellular signaling in the regulation of bone homeostasis. ..
- Kokuryo D, Aoki I, Yuba E, Kono K, Aoshima S, Kershaw J, et al. Evaluation of a combination tumor treatment using thermo-triggered liposomal drug delivery and carbon ion irradiation. Transl Res. 2017;185:24-33 pubmed publisher..The proposed strategy of combining high-LET irradiation and the nanodevice provides an effective approach for minimally invasive cancer treatment. ..
- Ono Y, Fujii T, Ogita K, Kikkawa U, Igarashi K, Nishizuka Y. Protein kinase C zeta subspecies from rat brain: its structure, expression, and properties. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:3099-103 pubmed..The structural and biochemical properties indicate that the zeta subspecies is related to, but distinct from, other subspecies of protein kinase C. Perhaps, this subspecies belongs to another entity of the enzyme family. ..
- Orita S, Sato S, Aono Y, Minoura N, Yamashita T, Hinuma Y, et al. Identification of novel singly spliced pX mRNA transcripts common to all human T-cell leukemia virus type 1-related retroviruses. Virus Genes. 1993;7:197-204 pubmed..This novel mRNA in the HTLV-1-related virus group may be analogous to the two-exon nef specific mRNA in human immunodeficiency virus type 1...
- Nishikawa M, Nagatomi H, Nishijima M, Ohira G, Chang B, Sato E, et al. Targeting superoxide dismutase to renal proximal tubule cells inhibits nephrotoxicity of cisplatin and increases the survival of cancer-bearing mice. Cancer Lett. 2001;171:133-8 pubmed..These results suggest that targeting SOD to renal proximal tubule cells might permit the administration of high doses of cisplatin and related anticancer agents without causing renal injury. ..
- Kobayashi N, Nishi T, Hirata T, Kihara A, Sano T, Igarashi Y, et al. Sphingosine 1-phosphate is released from the cytosol of rat platelets in a carrier-mediated manner. J Lipid Res. 2006;47:614-21 pubmed..Our results indicate that two independent S1P release systems might exist in the platelet plasma membrane, an ATP-dependent system stimulated by thrombin and an ATP-independent system stimulated by Ca(2+). ..
- Yoshida M, Matzno S, Namba H, Nishikata M, Matsuyama K. Statistical analysis of the adverse effects of glycopeptide antibiotics, based on pharmacokinetics and toxicokinetics (PK/TK). J Infect Chemother. 2006;12:114-8 pubmed..This study suggests the importance of paying attention to hepatic function--in addition to renal function--when TEIC is administered to patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). ..
- Yamagata T, Kinoshita K, Nozaki Y, Sugiyama M, Ikoma S, Funauchi M. Effects of pravastatin in murine collagen-induced arthritis. Rheumatol Int. 2007;27:631-9 pubmed..Meanwhile, adverse reactions of pravastatin, such as peritonitis, were not detected. Pravastatin may have good prospects for treating some anti-inflammatory effects on human rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Kadoshima Yamaoka K, Murakawa M, Goto M, Tanaka Y, Inoue H, Murafuji H, et al. ASB16165, a novel inhibitor for phosphodiesterase 7A (PDE7A), suppresses IL-12-induced IFN-gamma production by mouse activated T lymphocytes. Immunol Lett. 2009;122:193-7 pubmed publisher..The data in our study also indicate that PDE7 inhibitors such as ASB16165 will be beneficial for the patients with immunological disorders. ..
- Nishizuka T, Fujita Y, Sato Y, Nakano A, Kakino A, Ohshima S, et al. Procyanidins are potent inhibitors of LOX-1: a new player in the French Paradox. Proc Jpn Acad Ser B Phys Biol Sci. 2011;87:104-13 pubmed..These results suggest that procyanidins are LOX-1 inhibitors and LOX-1 inhibition might be a possible underlying mechanism of the well-known vascular protective effects of red wine, the French Paradox. ..
- Matsui H, Sakurai F, Katayama K, Yamaguchi T, Okamoto S, Takahira K, et al. A hexon-specific PEGylated adenovirus vector utilizing blood coagulation factor X. Biomaterials. 2012;33:3743-55 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that FX can be used as an adaptor molecule for hexon-specific modification; however, modified FX might be substituted with endogenous FX in the blood. ..