Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications545 found, 100 shown here
- Qiao Y, Ogawa S, Hangaishi A, Yuji K, Izutsu K, Kunisato A, et al. Identification of a novel fusion gene, TTL, fused to ETV6 in acute lymphoblastic leukemia with t(12;13)(p13;q14), and its implication in leukemogenesis. Leukemia. 2003;17:1112-20 pubmed..Although the function of TTL is yet to be elucidated, our findings will provide another insight into the molecular pathogenesis of leukemia having ETV6-involving translocations. ..
- Gohda T, Makita Y, Shike T, Tanimoto M, Funabiki K, Horikoshi S, et al. Identification of epistatic interaction involved in obesity using the KK/Ta mouse as a Type 2 diabetes model: is Zn-alpha2 glycoprotein-1 a candidate gene for obesity?. Diabetes. 2003;52:2175-81 pubmed..These results suggest that Azgp1 is a possible candidate gene for regulation of body weight, elucidation of polygenic inheritance, and age-dependent changes in the genetic control of obesity. ..
- Nakamura T, Imai H, Tsunashima N, Nakagawa Y. Molecular cloning and functional expression of nucleolar phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase in mammalian cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;311:139-48 pubmed..These results indicated that nucleolar PHGPx plays an important role in prevention of nucleolus from damage in mammalian cells. ..
- Ota T, Aoki Ota M, Tsunoda K, Simoda K, Nishikawa T, Amagai M, et al. Auto-reactive B cells against peripheral antigen, desmoglein 3, escape from tolerance mechanism. Int Immunol. 2004;16:1487-95 pubmed..These results indicate that auto-reactive B cells against peripheral antigen (Dsg3) are able to develop in the presence of Dsg3 but are ignored by the immune system. ..
- Oyama E, Takahashi H. Amino acid sequence of a thrombin like enzyme, elegaxobin II, from the venom of Trimeresurus elegans (Sakishima-Habu). Toxicon. 2004;44:711-21 pubmed..Elegaxobin II lacked thrombin's ETW (146-148) loop, as well as its functionally important YPPW (60-insertion loop)...
- Shibuya K, Kudoh J, Okui M, Shimizu N. Identification of a novel zinc finger protein gene (ZNF298) in the GAP2 of human chromosome 21q. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;332:557-68 pubmed..Interestingly, this gene crosses over a clone gap (GAP2) remaining in the band 21q22.3. We obtained the DNA fragments corresponding to GAP2 using ZNF298 cDNA sequence as anchor primers for PCR and determined its genomic DNA sequence. ..
- Sato H, Masuda M, Miura R, Yoneda M, Kai C. Morbillivirus nucleoprotein possesses a novel nuclear localization signal and a CRM1-independent nuclear export signal. Virology. 2006;352:121-30 pubmed..Interestingly, the nuclear export of all these N proteins appears to proceed via a CRM1-independent pathway. ..
- Hidai C, Kawana M, Kitano H, Kokubun S. Discoidin domain of Del1 protein contributes to its deposition in the extracellular matrix. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;330:83-95 pubmed..In vivo gene transfer experiments have shown that fusion with the deposition domain of Del1 dramatically alters the distribution of exogenous proteins in mice. Thus, the extent of Del1 deposition may modify the organization of the ECM. ..
- Yamayoshi S, Kawaoka Y. Mapping of a region of Ebola virus VP40 that is important in the production of virus-like particles. J Infect Dis. 2007;196 Suppl 2:S291-5 pubmed publisher..We found that the amino acid sequence around the proline at position 53 plays a critical role in VLP production and intracellular transport. These data also may suggest that a novel host factor(s) is involved in virus budding...
- Matsuo T. Rapid evolution of two odorant-binding protein genes, Obp57d and Obp57e, in the Drosophila melanogaster species group. Genetics. 2008;178:1061-72 pubmed publisher..Our analyses demonstrate that these two classes of differences can be distinguished by comparisons of many genomic sequences from closely related species...
- Aoyama T, Kobayashi T, Takahashi M, Nagasaka S, Usuda K, Kakei Y, et al. OsYSL18 is a rice iron(III)-deoxymugineic acid transporter specifically expressed in reproductive organs and phloem of lamina joints. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;70:681-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that OsYSL18 is an iron-phytosiderophore transporter involved in the translocation of iron in reproductive organs and phloem in joints. ..
- Suzuki T, Ishii Watabe A, Tada M, Kobayashi T, Kanayasu Toyoda T, Kawanishi T, et al. Importance of neonatal FcR in regulating the serum half-life of therapeutic proteins containing the Fc domain of human IgG1: a comparative study of the affinity of monoclonal antibodies and Fc-fusion proteins to human neonatal FcR. J Immunol. 2010;184:1968-76 pubmed publisher
- Miyaji K, Okamoto N, Saito A, Yasueda H, Takase Y, Shimakura H, et al. Cross-reactivity between major IgE core epitopes on Cry j 2 allergen of Japanese cedar pollen and relevant sequences on Cha o 2 allergen of Japanese cypress pollen. Allergol Int. 2016;65:286-92 pubmed publisher..Our results are useful for the development of safer and more efficient therapeutic strategies for the treatment of CJ and CO pollen allergies. ..
- Mori M, Yamaguchi K, Abe K. Purification of a lipoprotein lipase-inhibiting protein produced by a melanoma cell line associated with cancer cachexia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;160:1085-92 pubmed..The findings that MLPLI inhibits LPL activity and that MLPLI is produced by human cancer cells inducing cancer cachexia also suggest that this protein is a candidate for the factor responsible for cancer cachexia. ..
- Kobayashi T, Nishizawa M, Hirayama Y, Kobayashi E, Hino O. cDNA structure, alternative splicing and exon-intron organization of the predisposing tuberous sclerosis (Tsc2) gene of the Eker rat model. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:2608-13 pubmed
- Nakano H, Shindo M, Yamada K, Yoshida M, Santee S, Ware C, et al. Human TNF receptor-associated factor 5 (TRAF5): cDNA cloning, expression and assignment of the TRAF5 gene to chromosome 1q32. Genomics. 1997;42:26-32 pubmed..Fluorescence in situ hybridization confirmed regional localization to human chromosome 1q32. ..
- Nakano H, Shindo M, Sakon S, Nishinaka S, Mihara M, Yagita H, et al. Differential regulation of IkappaB kinase alpha and beta by two upstream kinases, NF-kappaB-inducing kinase and mitogen-activated protein kinase/ERK kinase kinase-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3537-42 pubmed
- Kaneko M, Kudo T, Iwasaki H, Ikehara Y, Nishihara S, Nakagawa S, et al. Alpha1,3-fucosyltransferase IX (Fuc-TIX) is very highly conserved between human and mouse; molecular cloning, characterization and tissue distribution of human Fuc-TIX. FEBS Lett. 1999;452:237-42 pubmed..The hFuc-TIX transcripts were abundantly expressed in brain and stomach, and interestingly were detected in spleen and peripheral blood leukocytes. ..
- Segawa H, Fukasawa Y, Miyamoto K, Takeda E, Endou H, Kanai Y. Identification and functional characterization of a Na+-independent neutral amino acid transporter with broad substrate selectivity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19745-51 pubmed
- Kita M, Hirata Y, Moriguchi T, Endo Inagaki T, Matsumoto R, Hasegawa S, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel gene encoding limonoid UDP-glucosyltransferase in Citrus. FEBS Lett. 2000;469:173-8 pubmed..This indicates that the transcription of CitLGT regulates the conversion of limonoid aglycones to glucosides in citrus fruit. ..
- Ebisawa T, Fukuchi M, Murakami G, Chiba T, Tanaka K, Imamura T, et al. Smurf1 interacts with transforming growth factor-beta type I receptor through Smad7 and induces receptor degradation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12477-80 pubmed..These results thus reveal a novel function of Smad7, i.e. induction of degradation of TbetaR-I through recruitment of an E3 ligase to the receptor. ..
- Saitoh T, Hirai M, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of human Frizzled-8 gene on chromosome 10p11.2. Int J Oncol. 2001;18:991-6 pubmed..Up-regulation of FZD8 might play key roles in several types of human cancer through activation of the beta-catenin-TCF pathway. ..
- Honma N, Asada A, Takeshita S, Enomoto M, Yamakawa E, Tsutsumi K, et al. Apoptosis-associated tyrosine kinase is a Cdk5 activator p35 binding protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:398-404 pubmed..Both hAATYKs and KIAA0641 bound to and were phosphorylated by Cdk5/p35. These results suggest that both isoforms of hAATYK are novel Cdk5/p35-binding and substrate proteins. ..
- Takei Y, Ozawa Y, Sato M, Watanabe A, Tabata T. Three Drosophila EXT genes shape morphogen gradients through synthesis of heparan sulfate proteoglycans. Development. 2004;131:73-82 pubmed..We propose that HSPGs facilitate the spreading of morphogens and therefore, function to generate morphogen concentration gradients. ..
- Fujii Y, Enomoto M, Ikemoto T, Endo D, Okubo K, Aida K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor in the guinea pig, Cavia porcellus. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2004;136:208-16 pubmed..Total IP assays demonstrated that the cloned guinea pig GnRH receptor is a functional GnRH receptor and that it shows different preference of ligand sensitivities from the rat GnRH receptor. ..
- Adachi S, Jigami T, Yasui T, Nakano T, Ohwada S, Omori Y, et al. Role of a BCL9-related beta-catenin-binding protein, B9L, in tumorigenesis induced by aberrant activation of Wnt signaling. Cancer Res. 2004;64:8496-501 pubmed..These results suggest that B9L plays an important role in tumorigenesis induced by aberrant activation of Wnt signaling. ..
- Arai K, Kishi H, Onodera S, Jin W, Watanabe G, Suzuki A, et al. Cyclic changes in messenger RNAs encoding inhibin/activin subunits in the ovary of the golden hamster (Mesocricetus auratus). J Endocrinol. 2005;185:561-75 pubmed publisher..The present study revealed that the golden hamster showed a unique expression pattern of betaA-subunit mRNA in response to the LH surge...
- Kobayashi M, Okada K, Ikeuchi M. A suppressor mutation in the alpha-phycocyanin gene in the light/glucose-sensitive phenotype of the psbK-disruptant of the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1561-7 pubmed..The inverted repeat generated in cpcA probably led to the early termination of transcription. A possible mechanism for such a mutation is discussed. ..
- Kawasaki S, Watamura Y, Ono M, Watanabe T, Takeda K, Niimura Y. Adaptive responses to oxygen stress in obligatory anaerobes Clostridium acetobutylicum and Clostridium aminovalericum. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:8442-50 pubmed..acetobutylicum is associated with the expression of a number of genes for oxygen metabolism and ROS scavenging...
- Yoneyama N, Morimoto H, Ye C, Ashihara H, Mizuno K, Kato M. Substrate specificity of N-methyltransferase involved in purine alkaloids synthesis is dependent upon one amino acid residue of the enzyme. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;275:125-35 pubmed publisher..The accumulation of purine alkaloids was, therefore, dependent on the substrate specificity of N-methyltransferase determined by one amino acid residue in the central part of the protein...
- Hatori M, Okano T, Nakajima Y, Doi M, Fukada Y. Lcg is a light-inducible and clock-controlled gene expressed in the chicken pineal gland. J Neurochem. 2006;96:1790-800 pubmed..Coimmunoprecipitation of LCG with gamma-tubulin in the chicken pineal lysate suggests a link between the circadian oscillator and the centrosomal function. ..
- Katano Y, Nimura Matsune K, Yoshikawa H. Involvement of DnaK3, one of the three DnaK proteins of cyanobacterium Synechococcus sp. PCC7942, in translational process on the surface of the thylakoid membrane. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:1592-8 pubmed..These characteristic features of DnaK3 localizations and detection of D1 protein intermediate were not observed in the suppressor mutant even at high temperatures. ..
- Hiyama T, Zhao M, Kitago Y, Yao M, Sekine S, Terada T, et al. Structural basis of CoA recognition by the Pyrococcus single-domain CoA-binding proteins. J Struct Funct Genomics. 2006;7:119-29 pubmed..The CoA interaction of the single-domain CoA-binding proteins is significantly different and much more extensive than that of the multi-subunit/multi-domain CoA-binding protein succinyl-CoA synthetase. ..
- Tokuda E, Fujita N, Oh hara T, Sato S, Kurata A, Katayama R, et al. Casein kinase 2-interacting protein-1, a novel Akt pleckstrin homology domain-interacting protein, down-regulates PI3K/Akt signaling and suppresses tumor growth in vivo. Cancer Res. 2007;67:9666-76 pubmed..These results indicate that CKIP-1, a novel Akt PH domain-interacting protein, would be a candidate of tumor suppressor with an Akt inhibitory function. ..
- Tsuji H, Moriyama K, Nomoto K, Akaza H. Identification of an enzyme system for daidzein-to-equol conversion in Slackia sp. strain NATTS. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:1228-36 pubmed publisher..These findings showed that the daidzein-to-equol conversion reaction in the Slackia sp. NATTS strain proceeds by the action of these three enzymes. ..
- Velikkakath A, Nishimura T, Oita E, Ishihara N, Mizushima N. Mammalian Atg2 proteins are essential for autophagosome formation and important for regulation of size and distribution of lipid droplets. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:896-909 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that mammalian Atg2 proteins function both in autophagosome formation and regulation of lipid droplet morphology and dispersion. ..
- Nomura W, Masuda A, Ohba K, Urabe A, Ito N, Ryo A, et al. Effects of DNA binding of the zinc finger and linkers for domain fusion on the catalytic activity of sequence-specific chimeric recombinases determined by a facile fluorescent system. Biochemistry. 2012;51:1510-7 pubmed publisher..The results provide information relevant to the design of ZFRs that will be useful for sequence-specific genome modification. ..
- Katagiri F, Sudo M, Hamakubo T, Hozumi K, Nomizu M, Kikkawa Y. Identification of active sequences in the L4a domain of laminin ?5 promoting neurite elongation. Biochemistry. 2012;51:4950-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in addition to cellular interactions with the active site in the L4a domain, the binding of integrin ?1?1 seems to modulate neurite elongation on the short arm of ?5. ..
- Yasutake Y, Kitagawa W, Hata M, Nishioka T, Ozaki T, Nishiyama M, et al. Structure of the quinoline N-hydroxylating cytochrome P450 RauA, an essential enzyme that confers antibiotic activity on aurachin alkaloids. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:105-10 pubmed publisher..The nearest atom from the heme iron is the quinolone nitrogen (4.3Å), which is consistent with RauA catalyzing the N-hydroxylation of the quinolone ring to produce mature aurachin RE. ..
- Nagata S. Identification and characterization of a novel intelectin in the digestive tract of Xenopus laevis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;59:229-39 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that Xenopus Intl-3 is involved in the innate immune protection of the digestive tract against bacterial infections. ..
- Matsui M, Tokuhara M, Konuma Y, Nomura N, Ishizaki R. Isolation of human fos-related genes and their expression during monocyte-macrophage differentiation. Oncogene. 1990;5:249-55 pubmed..These findings suggest that expression of the fos gene family is regulated by an orderly mechanism. ..
- Sugiyama A, Kume A, Nemoto K, Lee S, Asami Y, Nemoto F, et al. Isolation and characterization of s-myc, a member of the rat myc gene family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:9144-8 pubmed..7 kilobases and that its high-level expression suppresses the tumor-igenicity of RT4-AC tumor cells in nude mice. ..
- Shiba K, Schimmel P, Motegi H, Noda T. Human glycyl-tRNA synthetase. Wide divergence of primary structure from bacterial counterpart and species-specific aminoacylation. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:30049-55 pubmed..coli enzyme. Thus, glycyl-tRNA synthetase may have followed a path of historical development different in at least some respects from that of several other tRNA synthetases. ..
- Iwahara S, Abe Y, Okazaki T. Identification of five embryonic hemoglobins of rat and ontogeny of their constituent globins during fetal development. J Biochem. 1996;119:360-6 pubmed..It was also shown that the zetta, epsilon 1, and epsilon 3 globins are almost completely replaced by the adult type alpha and beta globins in the blood of rat fetuses by day 18 of gestation. ..
- Ueno H, Sasaki K, Kozutsumi H, Miyagawa K, Mitani K, Yazaki Y, et al. Growth and survival signals transmitted via two distinct NPXY motifs within leukocyte tyrosine kinase, an insulin receptor-related tyrosine kinase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:27707-14 pubmed
- Saito S, Matsushima M, Shirahama S, Minaguchi T, Kanamori Y, Minami M, et al. Complete genomic structure DNA polymorphisms, and alternative splicing of the human AF-6 gene. DNA Res. 1998;5:115-20 pubmed..These results may contribute to an understanding of the mechanism causing chromosomal translocations in leukemic cells. ..
- Masuda K, Yokomizo T, Izumi T, Shimizu T. cDNA cloning and characterization of guinea-pig leukotriene B4 receptor. Biochem J. 1999;342 ( Pt 1):79-85 pubmed..The present study demonstrated that although LTB(4) and 20-hydroxy-LTB(4) bind to the receptor with similar affinities, they do differ in activating intracellular signalling...
- Nishizawa T, Nagao T, Iwatsubo T, Forte J, Urushidani T. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel chloride intracellular channel-related protein, parchorin, expressed in water-secreting cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:11164-73 pubmed..These results suggest that parchorin generally plays a critical role in water-secreting cells, possibly through the regulation of chloride ion transport...
- Majima S, Kajino K, Fukuda T, Otsuka F, Hino O. A novel gene "Niban" upregulated in renal carcinogenesis: cloning by the cDNA-amplified fragment length polymorphism approach. Jpn J Cancer Res. 2000;91:869-74 pubmed..Chromosome assignment was to RNO 13 in the rat, and HSA 1. This "Niban" gene is a candidate as a marker for renal tumor, especially early-stage renal carcinogenesis. ..
- Enomoto A, Wempe M, Tsuchida H, Shin H, Cha S, Anzai N, et al. Molecular identification of a novel carnitine transporter specific to human testis. Insights into the mechanism of carnitine recognition. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36262-71 pubmed..The identification of CT2 represents an interesting evolutionary link between OCT/OCTNs and OATs, as well as provides us with an important insight into the maturation of human spermatozoa. ..
- Katae M, Miyahira Y, Takeda K, Matsuda H, Yagita H, Okumura K, et al. Coadministration of an interleukin-12 gene and a Trypanosoma cruzi gene improves vaccine efficacy. Infect Immun. 2002;70:4833-40 pubmed..cruzi infection. These results reinforced the utility of immunomodulatory adjuvants such as IL-12 gene for eliciting protective immunity against intracellular parasites by DNA vaccination. ..
- Niikura M, Ikegami T, Saijo M, Kurata T, Kurane I, Morikawa S. Analysis of linear B-cell epitopes of the nucleoprotein of ebola virus that distinguish ebola virus subtypes. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2003;10:83-7 pubmed..These MAbs showing different subtype specificities might be useful reagents for developing an immunological system to identify Ebola virus subtypes...
- Crist C, Nakayashiki T, Kurahashi H, Nakamura Y. [PHI+], a novel Sup35-prion variant propagated with non-Gln/Asn oligopeptide repeats in the absence of the chaperone protein Hsp104. Genes Cells. 2003;8:603-18 pubmed..These findings suggest the existence of an alternative, Hsp104-independent pathway to replicate non-Gln/Asn variant Sup35 prion seeds. ..
- Takeya C, Esumi M, Shiroishi T, Hishida R, Yamamoto T. Multiple single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and its truncated pseudogene of 23 inbred strains of mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:480-6 pubmed..These results suggest a possibility that the truncated pseudogene may buffer variations of the mouse Mthfr functional gene, and the mouse has evolved fewer variations of the gene than human. ..
- Takagi M, Kaneda K, Shimizu T, Hayakawa Y, Seto H, Kuzuyama T. Bacillus subtilis ypgA gene is fni, a nonessential gene encoding type 2 isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2004;68:132-7 pubmed..Disruption of the ypgA3 gene was not lethal to B. subtilis. These results indicate that Bacillus ypgA3 gene is fni, a nonessential gene encoding type 2 IPP isomerase. ..
- Hagino Yamagishi K, Moriya K, Kubo H, Wakabayashi Y, Isobe N, Saito S, et al. Expression of vomeronasal receptor genes in Xenopus laevis. J Comp Neurol. 2004;472:246-56 pubmed..The analysis of V2R expression in Xenopus larvae demonstrates that V2Rs are predominantly expressed in the VNO even before metamorphosis...
- Obazawa M, Mashima Y, Sanuki N, Noda S, Kudoh J, Shimizu N, et al. Analysis of porcine optineurin and myocilin expression in trabecular meshwork cells and astrocytes from optic nerve head. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:2652-9 pubmed..The alterations in expression of myocilin but not of optineurin under stress suggest that different mechanisms in the phenotype of glaucoma associated with the two genes are involved in development of glaucoma. ..
- Hu Q, Saegusa H, Hayashi Y, Tanabe T. The carboxy-terminal tail region of human Cav2.1 (P/Q-type) channel is not an essential determinant for its subcellular localization in cultured neurones. Genes Cells. 2005;10:87-96 pubmed..Thus, it is possible that the localization mechanism of Ca(v)2.1 channel is different from that of Ca(v)2.2, though these channels share various structural and functional characteristics. ..
- Saito A, Ueda K, Imamura M, Atsumi S, Tabunoki H, Miura N, et al. Purification and cDNA cloning of a cecropin from the longicorn beetle, Acalolepta luxuriosa. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;142:317-23 pubmed..This report is the first description of a cecropin from a coleopteran insect. ..
- Kawakatsu T, Itoh J, Miyoshi K, Kurata N, Alvarez N, Veit B, et al. PLASTOCHRON2 regulates leaf initiation and maturation in rice. Plant Cell. 2006;18:612-25 pubmed publisher..Based on these analyses, we propose a model in which plastochron is determined by signals from immature leaves that act non-cell-autonomously in the shoot apical meristem to inhibit the initiation of new leaves...
- Takayasu S, Sakurai T, Iwasaki S, Teranishi H, Yamanaka A, Williams S, et al. A neuropeptide ligand of the G protein-coupled receptor GPR103 regulates feeding, behavioral arousal, and blood pressure in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:7438-43 pubmed..Our findings suggest that QRFP and GPR103A/B may regulate diverse neuroendocrine and behavioral functions and implicate this neuropeptide system in metabolic syndrome. ..
- Yasuda T, Bundo K, Hino A, Honda K, Inoue A, Shirakata M, et al. Dok-1 and Dok-2 are negative regulators of T cell receptor signaling. Int Immunol. 2007;19:487-95 pubmed..Consistently, all mice lacking these proteins exhibited elevated titers of antibodies to double-stranded DNA and developed lupus-like renal disease. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Tsuchiya A, Hayashi T, Kohyama N, Ohbayashi M, Yamamoto T. Isolation and characterization of polyspecific mouse organic solute carrier protein 1 (mOscp1). Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:1239-45 pubmed..Our results indicate that isolated mOscp1 is a polyspecific organic solute carrier protein and may be a key molecule for the testicular handling of organic solutes. ..
- Oo Puthinan S, Maenuma K, Sakakura M, Denda Nagai K, Tsuiji M, Shimada I, et al. The amino acids involved in the distinct carbohydrate specificities between macrophage galactose-type C-type lectins 1 and 2 (CD301a and b) of mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1780:89-100 pubmed..MGL1 mutants of Ala89Arg and Ala89Arg/Pro115Arg showed beta-GalNAc bindings. Molecular modeling illustrated potential direct molecular interactions of Leu61, Arg89, and His109 in MGL2 CRD with GalNAc. ..
- Miyafusa T, Caaveiro J, Tanaka Y, Tanner M, Tsumoto K. Crystal structure of the capsular polysaccharide synthesizing protein CapE of Staphylococcus aureus. Biosci Rep. 2013;33: pubmed publisher..The relevance of these structural elements was evaluated by site-directed mutagenesis. ..
- Saito T, Kobayashi N, Tanoi K, Iwata N, Suzuki H, Iwata R, et al. Expression and functional analysis of the CorA-MRS2-ALR-type magnesium transporter family in rice. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1673-83 pubmed publisher..We conclude that OsMRS2 family members function as Mg transporters and suggest that the genes belonging to clade A encode the chloroplast-localized Mg(2+) transporter in plants. ..
- Kominami E, Ishido K, Muno D, Sato N. The primary structure and tissue distribution of cathepsin C. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1992;373:367-73 pubmed..The mRNA and protein for cathepsin C are broadly distributed in rat tissues, but the relative proportions of cathepsin C and other cysteine proteinases are found to vary from tissue to tissue. ..
- Ikeda T, Yamaguchi A, Icho T, Tsuchida N, Yoshiki S. cDNA and deduced amino acid sequence of mouse matrix gla protein: one of five glutamic acid residues potentially modified to gla is not conserved in the mouse sequence. J Bone Miner Res. 1991;6:1013-7 pubmed..Also, an extra tyrosine was added at the carboxyl terminus. The significance of the substitution is discussed in relation to the gamma-carboxylation sites in MGP protein. ..
- Aoki Y, Hase T. The primary structure and elastinolytic activity of medullasin (a serine protease of bone marrow). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;178:501-6 pubmed..Therefore, medullasin is composed of 238 amino acid residues with Ile as the amino terminal and His as the carboxyl terminal. Medullasin is essentially devoid of elastinolytic activity, because it failed to digest orcein-elastin. ..
- Kimura K, Suzuki H, Nakano Y. Physical and chemical characterization of glutamine synthetase purified from Mycobacterium phlei. J Biochem. 1989;105:648-52 pubmed..5); however, both enzymes show similar profiles of the Arrhenius plot. These results indicate that the adenylylation of the enzyme does not affect its activation energies. ..
- Morita T, Sato T, Nyunoya H, Tsujimoto A, Takahara J, Irino S, et al. Isolation of a cDNA clone encoding DNA-binding protein (TAXREB107) that binds specifically to domain C of the tax-responsive enhancer element in the long terminal repeat of human T-cell leukemia virus type I. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1993;9:115-21 pubmed..Immunoblot analysis showed that polyclonal antibody against TAXREB107 specifically recognized a 34-kD protein in Jurkat cells. TAXREB107 may participate in tax-mediated trans-activation of transcription. ..
- Li S, Satoh H, Watanabe T, Nakamura S, Hattori S. cDNA cloning and chromosomal mapping of a novel human GAP (GAP1M), a GTPase-activating protein of Ras. Genomics. 1996;35:625-7 pubmed..The human gene was mapped to chromosome 3 by PCR analysis on a panel of human-mouse hybrid cells. FISH analysis refined the location of the gene further to 3q22-q23. ..
- Saito H, Fujiwara T, Takahashi E, Shin S, Okui K, Nakamura Y. Isolation and mapping of a novel human gene encoding a protein containing zinc-finger structures. Genomics. 1996;31:376-9 pubmed..The 4.3-kb transcript was expressed in all adult human tissues examined by Northern analysis. The gene was assigned to chromosomal band 19q13.4 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Kubota R, Noda S, Wang Y, Minoshima S, Asakawa S, Kudoh J, et al. A novel myosin-like protein (myocilin) expressed in the connecting cilium of the photoreceptor: molecular cloning, tissue expression, and chromosomal mapping. Genomics. 1997;41:360-9 pubmed..The myocilin gene (MYOC) was mapped to human chromosome 1q23-q24 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Takeuchi T, Kuro O M, Miyazawa H, Ohtsuki Y, Yamamoto H. Transgenic expression of a novel thymic epithelial cell antigen stimulates abberant development of thymocytes. J Immunol. 1997;159:726-33 pubmed..Histologic examination revealed that transgenic mice had thin cortex and relatively developed medulla. These data indicate the critical role of the N14 gene in T cell development. ..
- Fukuoka M, Miki H, Takenawa T. Identification of N-WASP homologs in human and rat brain. Gene. 1997;196:43-8 pubmed..N-WASP was shown to be concentrated at the nerve terminal region. The gene locus of human N-WASP was also determined at 7q31.3 by fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH) analysis. ..
- Shiba K, Motegi H, Yoshida M, Noda T. Human asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase: molecular cloning and the inference of the evolutionary history of Asx-tRNA synthetase family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:5045-51 pubmed
- Iwamoto K, Huang Y, Ueda S. Genomic organization and alternative transcripts of the human PQBP-1 gene. Gene. 2000;259:69-73 pubmed..On the other hand, there is a wide variation in their C-terminal regions. Importantly, PQBP-1a and PQBP-1d lack the domain responsible for the interaction with homopolymeric glutamine repeats and a nuclear localization signal. ..
- Xu Z, Nakajima M, Suzuki Y, Yamaguchi I. Cloning and characterization of the abscisic acid-specific glucosyltransferase gene from adzuki bean seedlings. Plant Physiol. 2002;129:1285-95 pubmed publisher..The mRNA level was increased by ABA application or by water stress and wounding. We suggest that the gene encodes an ABA-specific GTase and that its expression is regulated by environmental stress...
- Unoki M, Okutsu J, Nakamura Y. Identification of a novel human gene, ZFP91, involved in acute myelogenous leukemia. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:1217-23 pubmed..Our results suggest that ZFP91 is likely to play an important role in cell proliferation and/or anti-apoptosis, and may serve as a molecular marker for AML. ..
- Watanabe H, Nagayama K, Enomoto N, Chinzei R, Yamashiro T, Izumi N, et al. Chronic hepatitis delta virus infection with genotype IIb variant is correlated with progressive liver disease. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:3275-89 pubmed..These data indicate the existence of a genetic subgroup of HDV genotype IIb, which is associated with different clinical characteristics and which could be related to genetic variations in functionally important parts of the HDV genome...
- Oyama F, Kotliarova S, Harada A, Ito M, Miyazaki H, Ueyama Y, et al. Gem GTPase and tau: morphological changes induced by gem GTPase in cho cells are antagonized by tau. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:27272-7 pubmed..Taken together, the present results indicate that the level of Gem GTPase and its cell elongation activity are modulated by tau and suggest that tau may be involved in a Gem GTPase-mediated signal transduction pathway. ..
- Michiue T, Fukui A, Yukita A, Sakurai K, Danno H, Kikuchi A, et al. XIdax, an inhibitor of the canonical Wnt pathway, is required for anterior neural structure formation in Xenopus. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:79-90 pubmed..Moreover, a negative regulator that acts downstream of xIdax rescued this defect. We propose that Idax functions are dependent on the canonical Wnt pathway and are crucial for the anterior neural development. ..
- Gohda T, Tanimoto M, Shiina K, Ito T, Kobayashi M, Hagiwara S, et al. Altered mouse cholinephosphotransferase gene expression in kidneys of type 2 diabetic KK/TA mouse. Metabolism. 2004;53:842-6 pubmed..The altered renal mRNA expression of these genes may be involved in the development and/or progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Inoue T, Sugimoto A, Suzuki Y, Yamamoto M, Tsujimoto M, Inoue K, et al. Type II platelet-activating factor-acetylhydrolase is essential for epithelial morphogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:13233-8 pubmed..Consistent with these phenotypes, PAF-AH (II) is predominantly expressed in epithelial cells of C. elegans. This study demonstrates that PAF-AH (II) is essential for epithelial morphogenesis. ..
- Kanno R, Ogihara T, Igarashi Y, Tanaka Y, Smith S, Kojima I, et al. Activin A-induced expression of PAX4 in AR42J-B13 cells involves the increase in transactivation of E47/E12. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1759:44-50 pubmed..Our results suggest that activin A enhances PAX4 expression by enhanced transactivation of E47/E12 proteins and might result in a cumulative transactivation of the promoter. ..
- Sawano Y, Miyakawa T, Yamazaki H, Tanokura M, Hatano K. Purification, characterization, and molecular gene cloning of an antifungal protein from Ginkgo biloba seeds. Biol Chem. 2007;388:273-80 pubmed
- Nijikken Y, Tsukada T, Igarashi K, Samejima M, Wakagi T, Shoun H, et al. Crystal structure of intracellular family 1 beta-glucosidase BGL1A from the basidiomycete Phanerochaete chrysosporium. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:1514-20 pubmed..The loop regions covering on the (beta/alpha)(8) barrel was significantly deviated, and they form a unique subsite +1 (aglycone site) of BGL1A. ..
- Yamauchi M, Imajoh Ohmi S, Shibuya M. Novel antiangiogenic pathway of thrombospondin-1 mediated by suppression of the cell cycle. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1491-7 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that TSP-1 utilizes a novel pathway for its antiangiogenic effect independent of CD36, and suppresses the cell cycle. ..
- Monzen K, Ito Y, Naito A, Kasai H, Hiroi Y, Hayashi D, et al. A crucial role of a high mobility group protein HMGA2 in cardiogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:567-74 pubmed publisher..5 gene, both in P19CL6 cells and in transgenic Xenopus embryos. Thus, HMGA2 is a positive regulator of Nkx2.5 gene expression and is essential for normal cardiac development. ..