Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Tokyo, Japan
Locale: Tokyo, Japan
Publications1458 found, 100 shown here
- Ogura K, Ishi K, Matsumoto T, Kina K, Nojima M, Suda K. Human papillomavirus localization in cervical adenocarcinoma and adenosquamous carcinoma using in situ polymerase chain reaction: review of the literature of human papillomavirus detection in these carcinomas. Pathol Int. 2006;56:301-8 pubmed..HPV infection in the underlying squamous epithelium might be related to the carcinogenesis, even in cervical adenocarcinoma. HPV-DNA localization was different in each component of adenosquamous carcinoma...
- Oide T, Kinoshita T, Arima K. Regression stage senile plaques in the natural course of Alzheimer's disease. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2006;32:539-56 pubmed..Astrocytes are actively engaged in the natural Abeta clearance mechanism in advanced stage AD brains, which may provide clues for developing new therapeutic strategies for AD. ..
- Fujishiro M, Yahagi N, Kakushima N, Kodashima S, Muraki Y, Ono S, et al. Successful nonsurgical management of perforation complicating endoscopic submucosal dissection of gastrointestinal epithelial neoplasms. Endoscopy. 2006;38:1001-6 pubmed..Successful nonsurgical management after ESD complicated by perforation is a highly feasible option if intensive conservative treatments are used following immediate endoscopic closure of the perforation. ..
- Kawaguchi M, Yanokura M, Banno K, Kobayashi Y, Kuwabara Y, Kobayashi M, et al. Analysis of a correlation between the BRAF V600E mutation and abnormal DNA mismatch repair in patients with sporadic endometrial cancer. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:1541-7 pubmed..Identification of new candidates for the target gene for abnormal MMR in endometrial cancer requires further work. ..
- Akagi I, Miyashita M, Ishibashi O, Mishima T, Kikuchi K, Makino H, et al. Relationship between altered expression levels of MIR21, MIR143, MIR145, and MIR205 and clinicopathologic features of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Dis Esophagus. 2011;24:523-30 pubmed publisher..05). The findings may imply that miRNA biogenesis is aberrantly accelerated in ESCC. Analysis of the expression levels of miRNAs should provide useful information for evaluation of the staging, prognosis, and treatment of ESCC patients. ..
- Kamiya K, Watanabe M, Kohno M, Izumi Y, Horinouchi H, Kawamura M, et al. KL-6 and CEA levels in epithelial lining fluid microsamples predict response to gefitinib in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Respirology. 2011;16:976-82 pubmed publisher..Both KL-6 and CEA levels in ELF near the tumour predicted tumour response in NSCLC patients treated with gefitinib, whereas serum levels did not. ..
- Yanaba K, Yoshizaki A, Asano Y, Kadono T, Sato S. Serum interleukin 9 levels are increased in patients with systemic sclerosis: association with lower frequency and severity of pulmonary fibrosis. J Rheumatol. 2011;38:2193-7 pubmed publisher..IL-9 could be a protective factor against the development of pulmonary fibrosis in this disease, and as such would be a possible therapeutic target. ..
- Tanaka N, Miyajima A, Kikuchi E, Matsumoto K, Hagiwara M, Ide H, et al. Prognonstic impact of renin-angiotensin system blockade in localised upper-tract urothelial carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2012;106:290-6 pubmed publisher..We propose RAS inhibitors may be a potent choice as an effective treatment following nephroureterectomy. ..
- Ogata K, Kakumoto K, Matsuda A, Tohyama K, Tamura H, Ueda Y, et al. Differences in blast immunophenotypes among disease types in myelodysplastic syndromes: a multicenter validation study. Leuk Res. 2012;36:1229-36 pubmed publisher..Logistic regression analyses showed that, in addition to myeloblast percentages, the expression of CD7 and B7-H1 on myeloblasts was independently associated with AL-MDS patients...
- Hashimoto T, Namiki K, Tanaka A, Shimodaira K, Gondo T, Tachibana M. Emphysematous cystitis following a transrectal needle guided biopsy of the prostate. BMC Infect Dis. 2012;12:322 pubmed publisher..Prompt diagnosis and treatment are warranted to prevent potential morbidity of and mortality in cases of EC. ..
- Maeshima A, Taniguchi H, Nomoto J, Miyamoto K, Fukuhara S, Munakata W, et al. Prognostic implications of histologic grade and intensity of Bcl-2 expression in follicular lymphomas undergoing rituximab-containing therapy. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:2529-35 pubmed publisher..Bcl-2 expression and marginal zone differentiation were not prognostic indicators in follicular lymphoma patients treated with rituximab-containing therapy. ..
- Masubuchi N, Sugihara M, Sugita T, Amano K, Nakano M, Matsuura T. Oxidative stress markers, secondary bile acids and sulfated bile acids classify the clinical liver injury type: Promising diagnostic biomarkers for cholestasis. Chem Biol Interact. 2016;255:83-91 pubmed publisher..This comprehensive approach will allow for an accurate diagnosis, which will facilitate the selection of an appropriate therapy at the onset of disease. ..
- Kimura K, Nakao K, Shibata Y, Sone T, Takayama T, Fukuzawa S, et al. Randomized controlled trial of TY-51924, a novel hydrophilic NHE inhibitor, in acute myocardial infarction. J Cardiol. 2016;67:307-13 pubmed publisher..03). TY-51924 did not adversely influence hemodynamics. TY-51924 did not improve MSI or increase side effects as a whole. However, TY-51924 is potentially cardioprotective in the presence of a large AAR and no antegrade coronary flow. ..
- Mizuno M, Kajimoto K, Sato N, Yumino D, Minami Y, Murai K, et al. Clinical profile, management, and mortality in very-elderly patients hospitalized with acute decompensated heart failure: An analysis from the ATTEND registry. Eur J Intern Med. 2016;27:80-5 pubmed publisher..Despite a higher rate of preserved systolic function in very-elderly individuals aged â‰¥85 years, in-hospital mortality was higher, suggesting that more suitable treatments for the elderly might be needed. ..
- Kim K, Isu T, Chiba Y, Iwamoto N, Morimoto D, Isobe M. Decompression of the gluteus medius muscle as a new treatment for buttock pain: technical note. Eur Spine J. 2016;25:1282-8 pubmed publisher..Less invasive surgery with cutting and opening of the tight gluteal aponeurosis over the GMeM under local anesthesia yielded excellent clinical outcomes. ..
- Yoritaka A, Abe T, Ohtsuka C, Maeda T, Hirayama M, Watanabe H, et al. A randomized double-blind multi-center trial of hydrogen water for Parkinson's disease: protocol and baseline characteristics. BMC Neurol. 2016;16:66 pubmed publisher..1 [202.8] mg, total levodopa equivalent dose: 592.0 [317.6] mg) were enrolled in 14 hospitals and were randomized. This study will confirm whether H2 water can improve PD symptoms. UMIN000010014 (February, 13, 2013). ..
- Hagiwara N, Onda M, Miyashita M, Sasajima K. Detection of circulating anti-p53 antibodies in esophageal cancer patients. J Nippon Med Sch. 2000;67:110-7 pubmed..Serum p53-Ab may be a potentially useful molecular marker for detection and screening of esophageal cancer. Further studies of a large population may be required to elucidate the true diagnostic usefulness of measuring the serum p53-Ab...
- Mukae S, Aoki S, Itoh S, Iwata T, Ueda H, Katagiri T. Bradykinin B(2) receptor gene polymorphism is associated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-related cough. Hypertension. 2000;36:127-31 pubmed..A genetic variant of the bradykinin receptor is involved in the elicitation of ACE inhibitor-related cough. It may be possible to predict the side effects of ACE inhibitors in advance. ..
- Miwa J, Echizen H, Matsueda K, Umeda N. Patients with constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) may have elevated serotonin concentrations in colonic mucosa as compared with diarrhea-predominant patients and subjects with normal bowel habits. Digestion. 2001;63:188-94 pubmed
- Shuda M, Kondoh N, Imazeki N, Tanaka K, Okada T, Mori K, et al. Activation of the ATF6, XBP1 and grp78 genes in human hepatocellular carcinoma: a possible involvement of the ER stress pathway in hepatocarcinogenesis. J Hepatol. 2003;38:605-14 pubmed..The endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway mediated by ATF6 and by IRE1-XBP1 systems seems essential for the transformation-associated expression of the grp78 gene in HCCs. ..
- Kaito K, Otsubo H, Usui N, Kobayashi M. Th1/Th2 lymphocyte balance in patients with aplastic anemia. Rinsho Byori. 2004;52:569-73 pubmed..6 to 8.3, 16.3 to 10.9 and 11.8 to 9.5). Our results suggest that Th1 lymphocytes are more predominant in AA, and it may be very useful to monitor the Th1/Th2 ratio during IST. ..
- Ito K, Yoshiyama T, Wada M, Ogata H. [Miss-management in treatment failure of pulmonary tuberculosis]. Kekkaku. 2004;79:561-7 pubmed..To investigate the risk factor of treatment failure of pulmonary tuberculosis excluding multi-drug resistant cases from the standpoint of both clinical management and tuberculosis control...
- Nishizawa A, Nakanishi Y, Yoshimura K, Sasajima Y, Yamazaki N, Yamamoto A, et al. Clinicopathologic significance of dysadherin expression in cutaneous malignant melanoma: immunohistochemical analysis of 115 patients. Cancer. 2005;103:1693-700 pubmed..001). Thus, increased expression of dysadherin was a significant indicator of poor prognosis in patients with cutaneous malignant melanoma. ..
- Hirano D, Minei S, Kishimoto Y, Yamaguchi K, Hachiya T, Yoshida T, et al. Prospective study of estramustine phosphate for hormone refractory prostate cancer patients following androgen deprivation therapy. Urol Int. 2005;75:43-9 pubmed..The PSA response was correlated with cancer-specific survival (p = 0.029). Following ADT one quarter of HRPC patients responded to EMP, with more than 50% of patients showing a decrease in PSA levels and an enhanced survival rate. ..
- Hatano T, Chikamori T, Usui Y, Morishima T, Hida S, Yamashina A. Diagnostic significance of positive I-123 BMIPP despite negative stress Tl-201 myocardial imaging in patients with suspected coronary artery disease. Circ J. 2006;70:184-9 pubmed..Thus, adding BMIPP to (201)Tl imaging may help to better identify patients with significant CAD, including multivessel disease. ..
- Uysal A, Alagoz M, Orbay H, Sensoz O. An alternative dressing material for the split-thickness skin graft donor site: oxidized regenerated cellulose. Ann Plast Surg. 2006;57:60-4 pubmed
- Uwagawa T, Misawa T, Sakamoto T, Ito R, Gocho T, Shiba H, et al. A phase I study of full-dose gemcitabine and regional arterial infusion of nafamostat mesilate for advanced pancreatic cancer. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:239-43 pubmed publisher..This combination chemotherapy showed beneficial improvement in health-related quality of life. The recommended phase II dose of nafamostat mesilate in combination with full-dose gemcitabine is 4.8 mg/kg. ..
- Takahari D, Yamada Y, Okita N, Honda T, Hirashima Y, Matsubara J, et al. Relationships of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor and epidermal growth factor receptor expression to clinical outcomes in patients with colorectal cancer. Oncology. 2009;76:42-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that anti-IGF-1R strategies may offer a useful approach in molecular therapy for CRC, which has the potential to improve outcomes. ..
- Nakagawa M, Shinbori H, Ohseto K. [Ultrasound-guided and fluoroscopy-assisted selective cervical nerve root blocks]. Masui. 2009;58:1506-11 pubmed
- Inoue Y, Kuroda K, Hirata K, Uchimura N, Kagimura T, Shimizu T. Efficacy, safety and dose-response of pramipexole in Japanese patients with primary restless legs syndrome: randomized trial. Neuropsychobiology. 2011;63:35-42 pubmed publisher..The type and frequency of adverse events were consistent with the known safety profile for dopamine agonists in RLS. Pramipexole at 0.25-0.75 mg/day is efficacious, safe and well tolerated in Japanese patients with primary RLS. ..
- Tsunoda Y, Sakamoto M, Sawada T, Sasaki A, Yamamoto G, Tachikawa T. Characteristic genes in luminal subtype breast tumors with CD44+CD24-/low gene expression signature. Oncology. 2011;81:336-44 pubmed publisher..In addition, either ALDH1 or SOX2 may be a candidate marker for cancer stem cells in luminal subtype breast cancer. ..
- Isayama H, Mukai T, Itoi T, Maetani I, Nakai Y, Kawakami H, et al. Comparison of partially covered nitinol stents with partially covered stainless stents as a historical control in a multicenter study of distal malignant biliary obstruction: the WATCH study. Gastrointest Endosc. 2012;76:84-92 pubmed publisher..Nonrandomized, controlled trial. Partially covered nitinol stents with an anti-migration system and less axial force demonstrated longer time to recurrent biliary obstruction with no tumor ingrowth and less stent migration. ..
- Ohba S, Yokoyama J, Fujimaki M, Ito S, Kojima M, Shimoji K, et al. Significant improvement in superselective intra-arterial chemotherapy for oral cancer by using indocyanine green fluorescence. Oral Oncol. 2012;48:1101-5 pubmed publisher..ICG fluorescence imaging during intra-arterial chemotherapy compensated for the deficiencies of CT angiography, especially for oral cancer. ICG fluorescence provided us clearer and more useful information about the feeders to tumors. ..
- Kanaya K, Abe S, Sakai M, Fujii H, Koizumi K, Iwamoto T. Efficacy of a high dosage of donepezil for Alzheimer's disease as examined by single-photon emission computed tomography imaging. Psychogeriatrics. 2012;12:172-8 pubmed publisher..Increasing the donepezil dosage from 5 mg/day to 10 mg/day is effective for the treatment of AD. ..
- Kinoshita M, Iwasaki S, Fujimoto C, Inoue A, Egami N, Chihara Y, et al. Ocular vestibular evoked myogenic potentials in response to air-conducted sound and bone-conducted vibration in vestibular schwannoma. Otol Neurotol. 2013;34:1342-8 pubmed publisher..05) but not with those of cVEMPs to ACS (p > 0.05). These findings support the hypothesis that oVEMP in response to ACS are predominantly mediated by the superior vestibular nerve and probably reflect the function of the utricle. ..
- Swerdlow D, Preiss D, Kuchenbaecker K, Holmes M, Engmann J, Shah T, et al. HMG-coenzyme A reductase inhibition, type 2 diabetes, and bodyweight: evidence from genetic analysis and randomised trials. Lancet. 2015;385:351-61 pubmed publisher..The increased risk of type 2 diabetes noted with statins is at least partially explained by HMGCR inhibition. The funding sources are cited at the end of the paper. ..
- Naito K, Sugiyama Y, Aritomi K, Nagahama Y, Tomita Y, Obayashi O, et al. Assessment of dorsal instability of the ulnar head in the distal radioulnar joint: comparison between normal wrist joints and cases of ruptured extensor tendons. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2016;26:161-6 pubmed publisher..Based on the results of this study, an evaluation of normal/abnormal dorsal displacement of the ulnar head in the DRUJ using the new method may be useful for determining the timing of surgery. ..
- Yorifuji T, Kato T, Ohta H, Bellinger D, Matsuoka K, Grandjean P. Neurological and neuropsychological functions in adults with a history of developmental arsenic poisoning from contaminated milk powder. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2016;53:75-80 pubmed publisher..Developmental neurotoxicity due to arsenic likely results in permanent changes in brain functions. ..
- Kametani F, Obi T, Shishido T, Akatsu H, Murayama S, Saito Y, et al. Mass spectrometric analysis of accumulated TDP-43 in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis brains. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23281 pubmed publisher..The data obtained in this study provide a foundation for the molecular mechanisms of TDP-43 aggregation and ALS pathogenesis. ..
- Matsumoto A, Nishikawa K, Yuda M, Tanaka Y, Tanishima Y, Arakawa Y, et al. Early Response of Esophageal Cancer to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy with Docetaxel-Cisplatin-5-Fluorouracil Represents Sensitivity: A Phase II Study. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:1937-42 pubmed..those with PR p<0.001, vs. IR p<0.001). A high response rate was obtained and tolerability was good. Moreover, the presence of sensitivity to therapy was reflected in the initial clinical response. ..
- Mizukoshi F, Miyoshi Akiyama T, Iwai H, Suzuki T, Kiritani R, Kirikae T, et al. Genetic diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from Tochigi prefecture, a local region of Japan. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:365 pubmed publisher..The genotypic diversity of M. tuberculosis in a local region of Japan is increased primarily by the presence of isolates obtained from foreign-born patients. ..
- Miwa H, Koshimura I, Mizuno Y. Recurrent cranial neuropathy as a clinical presentation of idiopathic inflammation of the dura mater: a possible relationship to Tolosa-Hunt syndrome and cranial pachymeningitis. J Neurol Sci. 1998;154:101-5 pubmed..We discuss the relationship of the idiopathic recurrent cranial neuropathy with disorders characterized by inflammation of the dura mater, such as Tolosa-Hunt syndrome and cranial pachymeningitis. ..
- Miyoshi T, Satoh Y, Okumura S, Nakagawa K, Shirakusa T, Tsuchiya E, et al. Early-stage lung adenocarcinomas with a micropapillary pattern, a distinct pathologic marker for a significantly poor prognosis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2003;27:101-9 pubmed..Our study clearly indicated that the MPP is a distinct prognostic marker for lung adenocarcinoma, particularly regarding apparent stage I diseases. ..
- Takamura M, Sakamoto M, Ino Y, Shimamura T, Ichida T, Asakura H, et al. Expression of liver-intestine cadherin and its possible interaction with galectin-3 in ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. Cancer Sci. 2003;94:425-30 pubmed
- Matsuoka O, Otsuka K, Murakami S, Hotta N, Yamanaka G, Kubo Y, et al. Arterial stiffness independently predicts cardiovascular events in an elderly community -- Longitudinal Investigation for the Longevity and Aging in Hokkaido County (LILAC) study. Biomed Pharmacother. 2005;59 Suppl 1:S40-4 pubmed..The early detection of risk by chronomics allows the timely institution of prophylactic measures, thereby shifting the focus from rehabilitation to prehabilitation medicine, as a public service to several Japanese towns. ..
- Kodama S, Tanaka S, Saito K, Shu M, Sone Y, Onitake F, et al. Effect of aerobic exercise training on serum levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol: a meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2007;167:999-1008 pubmed..Exercise duration per session was the most important element of an exercise prescription. Exercise was more effective in subjects with initially high total cholesterol levels or low body mass index. ..
- Yoritaka A, Ohizumi H, Tanaka S, Hattori N. Parkinson's disease with and without REM sleep behaviour disorder: are there any clinical differences?. Eur Neurol. 2009;61:164-70 pubmed publisher..In the early stage, RBD and autonomic system dysfunction are important factors in the progression of PD...
- Yonemura A, Momiyama Y, Fayad Z, Ayaori M, Ohmori R, Kihara T, et al. Effect of lipid-lowering therapy with atorvastatin on atherosclerotic aortic plaques: a 2-year follow-up by noninvasive MRI. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2009;16:222-8 pubmed publisher..However, association between serial plaque changes and LDL-cholesterol levels was not fully elucidated...
- Yao T, Kojima Y, Koyanagi A, Yokoi H, Saito T, Kawano K, et al. Eotaxin-1, -2, and -3 immunoreactivity and protein concentration in the nasal polyps of eosinophilic chronic rhinosinusitis patients. Laryngoscope. 2009;119:1053-9 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest that enhanced eotaxin family production by eosinophils results in the recruitment of eosinophils into the tissue by a self-amplifying process. Laryngoscope, 2009. ..
- Mori N, Yoshinaga K, Tomita K, Ohwashi M, Kondoh T, Shimura H, et al. Aberrant methylation of the RIZ1 gene in myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2011;35:516-21 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the RIZ1 gene is inactivated in MDS and AML in part by methylation, whereas another mechanism should be involved in others. ..
- Usui K, Katou Y, Furushima K, Tanaka Y, Tanai C, Ishihara T. Interstitial lung disease during chemotherapy combined with oxaliplatin and/or bevacizumab in advanced colorectal cancer patients. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2011;41:498-502 pubmed publisher..0. High-dose steroid therapy was effective in all patients. Interstitial lung disease induced by standard chemotherapy with bevacizumab is rare, but rapidly progressed and were severe in our experience. ..
- Yamada S, Fukuhara N, Oyama K, Takeshita A, Takeuchi Y, Ito J, et al. Surgical outcome in 90 patients with craniopharyngioma: an evaluation of transsphenoidal surgery. World Neurosurg. 2010;74:320-30 pubmed publisher..Dural fascia graft is a very effective technique to prevent CSF leaks, especially after eTSS. ..
- Kurose K, Hiratsuka K, Ishiwata K, Nishikawa J, Nonen S, Azuma J, et al. Genome-wide association study of SSRI/SNRI-induced sexual dysfunction in a Japanese cohort with major depression. Psychiatry Res. 2012;198:424-9 pubmed publisher..Replication studies with larger sample sizes are required to validate this exploratory study, but our findings may provide insights into the genetic basis of sexual dysfunction induced by SSRI/SNRI. ..
- Masuzaki R, Tateishi R, Yoshida H, Arano T, Uchino K, Enooku K, et al. Assessment of disease progression in patients with transfusion-associated chronic hepatitis C using transient elastography. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:1385-90 pubmed publisher..0001), duration of infection (P = 0.0015), and heavy alcohol consumption (P = 0.043). Although liver stiffness gradually increases over time, HCC develops in patients with high stiffness value regardless of the duration of infection. ..
- Iba T, Saito D, Wada H, Asakura H. Efficacy and bleeding risk of antithrombin supplementation in septic disseminated intravascular coagulation: a prospective multicenter survey. Thromb Res. 2012;130:e129-33 pubmed publisher..The risk of severe bleeding is less than 2%, and concomitant administration of heparin did not increase the risk. The survival in AT1500 group was 65.2%, while that in AT3000 group was 74.7%. ..
- Miyanaga A, Honda K, Tsuta K, Masuda M, Yamaguchi U, Fujii G, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic significance of the alternatively spliced ACTN4 variant in high-grade neuroendocrine pulmonary tumours. Ann Oncol. 2013;24:84-90 pubmed publisher..This protein has a high affinity for filamentous actin polymers and likely promotes aggressive behaviour of cancer cells. The present clinical findings clearly support this notion. ..
- Suwanai A, Ishii T, Haruna H, Yamataka A, Narumi S, Fukuzawa R, et al. A report of two novel NR5A1 mutation families: possible clinical phenotype of psychiatric symptoms of anxiety and/or depression. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2013;78:957-65 pubmed publisher..We found 2 (46,XX) NR5A1 mutation carriers with excessive anxiety and/or depression. These results suggest that excessive anxiety and/or depression are possible clinical phenotypes of 46,XX NR5A1 mutations. ..
- Xu M, Sakamoto S, Matsushima J, Kimura T, Ueda T, Mizokami A, et al. Up-Regulation of LAT1 during Antiandrogen Therapy Contributes to Progression in Prostate Cancer Cells. J Urol. 2016;195:1588-1597 pubmed publisher..56, p = 0.0133). The current data may indicate a novel mechanism to acquire castration resistance through activation of the amino acid transporter LAT1. ..
- Okuyama K, Michi Y, Mizutani M, Yamashiro M, Kaida A, Harada K. Clinical study on mandibular fracture after marginal resection of the mandible. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2016;121:461-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with prostheses are at an increased risk of PMF compared with those without because of stable occlusion and a strong occlusal force. Our novel findings provide useful reference standards for PMF prevention in MR patients. ..
- Williams K, Topp S, Yang S, Smith B, Fifita J, Warraich S, et al. CCNF mutations in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11253 pubmed publisher..This implicates common mechanisms, linked to protein homeostasis, underlying neuronal degeneration. ..
- Yamada A, Niikura R, Maki K, Nakamura M, Watabe H, Fujishiro M, et al. Proton pump inhibitor therapy did not increase the prevalence of small-bowel injury: A propensity-matched analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182586 pubmed publisher..PPI therapy did not increase the prevalence of small-bowel injury, regardless of the type of PPI used and the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Okamoto A, Woodworth C, Yen K, Chung J, Isonishi S, Nikaido T, et al. Combination therapy with podophyllin and vidarabine for human papillomavirus positive cervical intraepithelial neoplasia. Oncol Rep. 1999;6:269-76 pubmed..Our results suggest that the combination of vidarabine and podophyllin therapy is an effective non-surgical treatment for HPV-positive CIN. ..
- Mori H, Oda M, Komori T, Arai N, Takanashi M, Mizutani T, et al. Lewy bodies in progressive supranuclear palsy. Acta Neuropathol. 2002;104:273-8 pubmed..Our study suggests that patients who have PSP with LBs constitute a subset of patients with PSP in whom Lewy body disease is also present. ..
- Tamayose K, Sato N, Ando J, Sugimoto K, Oshimi K. CD3-negative, CD20-positive T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia: case report and review of the literature. Am J Hematol. 2002;71:331-5 pubmed..Splenomegaly was a common feature. However, our case alone had "bright" CD20 expression on the leukemic cells. This is the first report of CD20(+) T-PLL...
- Shinoda T, Hata T, Nakajima K, Yoshimoto H, Niwa A. Time-course of iodine elimination by hemodialysis in patients with renal failure after angiography. Ther Apher. 2002;6:437-42 pubmed
- Miki T, Wada J, Haraoka J, Inaba I. Endoscopic transmaxillary reduction and balloon technique for blowout fractures of the orbital floor. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2004;47:359-64 pubmed
- Ishigami A, Ohsawa T, Hiratsuka M, Taguchi H, Kobayashi S, Saito Y, et al. Abnormal accumulation of citrullinated proteins catalyzed by peptidylarginine deiminase in hippocampal extracts from patients with Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci Res. 2005;80:120-8 pubmed
- Kobayashi M, Hatano T, Tanaka S, Ishi K, Takanashi M, Urabe T, et al. [A 67-year-old man with rt. hand resting tremor and rigidity after lt. putaminal hemorrhage]. No To Shinkei. 2005;57:243-53 pubmed..However, there was no degenerative change of the striatum or the substantia nigra and no Lewy bodies in his brain. Other pathological changes were also not found. His parkinsonism might be caused putaminal pathology due to hemorrhage...
- Hashimoto Y, Tsujikawa T, Kondo C, Maki M, Momose M, Nagai A, et al. Accuracy of PET for diagnosis of solid pulmonary lesions with 18F-FDG uptake below the standardized uptake value of 2.5. J Nucl Med. 2006;47:426-31 pubmed..Pulmonary lesions with visually absent uptake indicate that the probability of malignancies is very low. In contrast, the probability of malignancy in any visually evident lesion is about 60%. ..
- Kohno T, Sakiyama T, Kunitoh H, Goto K, Nishiwaki Y, Saito D, et al. Association of polymorphisms in the MTH1 gene with small cell lung carcinoma risk. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:2448-54 pubmed..0 (95% CI: 1.2-3.2, P=0.002). The present results indicate that inter-individual differences in MTH1 activities due to SNPs are involved in susceptibility to SCLC. ..
- Maeda E, Uozumi K, Kato N, Akahane M, Inoh S, Inoue Y, et al. Magnetic resonance findings of bile duct adenoma with calcification. Radiat Med. 2006;24:459-62 pubmed..Preoperatively, the diagnoses considered included metastatic carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, tuberculosis, and rare tumors such as epithelioid hemangioendothelioma. The radiological findings were confirmed by pathological investigation...
- Nishimura T, Hasegawa N, Mori M, Takebayashi T, Harada N, Higuchi K, et al. Accuracy of an interferon-gamma release assay to detect active pulmonary and extra-pulmonary tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2008;12:269-74 pubmed..2%. Although the specificity of the QFT-G to detect active TB was high and its sensitivity low, it was as accurate for the detection of active EPTB as for PTB when the 0.35 IU/ml INF-gamma cut-off concentration was used. ..
- Takei K, Dale S, Charles H, Sasaki A, Nakajima S. Absorption and excretion of colestilan in healthy subjects. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2010;49:47-52 pubmed publisher..66% by 216 hours postdose, excluding one subject with incomplete collection of faecal samples. These results demonstrate that colestilan is not absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and is completely excreted in the faeces. ..
- Yoshida A, Ushiku T, Motoi T, Shibata T, Beppu Y, Fukayama M, et al. Immunohistochemical analysis of MDM2 and CDK4 distinguishes low-grade osteosarcoma from benign mimics. Mod Pathol. 2010;23:1279-88 pubmed publisher..MDM2 and CDK4 immunostains therefore reliably distinguish low-grade osteosarcoma from benign histological mimics, and their combination may serve as a useful adjunct in this difficult differential diagnosis. ..
- Nagase T, Sanada H, Takehara K, Oe M, Iizaka S, Ohashi Y, et al. Variations of plantar thermographic patterns in normal controls and non-ulcer diabetic patients: novel classification using angiosome concept. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011;64:860-6 pubmed publisher..Thermography will be one of the screening options to assess circulatory status in both daily foot care and surgical intervention. ..
- Arita J, Takahashi M, Hata S, Shindoh J, Beck Y, Sugawara Y, et al. Usefulness of contrast-enhanced intraoperative ultrasound using Sonazoid in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Ann Surg. 2011;254:992-9 pubmed publisher..umin.ac.jp/ctr/index.htm). With help of CE-IOUS using Sonazoid, more accurate intraoperative staging for HCC can be performed. ..
- Shigehara K, Yokomuro S, Ishibashi O, Mizuguchi Y, Arima Y, Kawahigashi Y, et al. Real-time PCR-based analysis of the human bile microRNAome identifies miR-9 as a potential diagnostic biomarker for biliary tract cancer. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23584 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that bile miRNAs could be informative biomarkers for hepatobiliary disease and that some miRNAs, particularly miR-9, may be helpful in the diagnosis and clinical management of BTC. ..
- Satoh K, Akatsu H, Yamamoto T, Kosaka K, Yokota H, Yamada T. Mitsugumin 29 is transcriptionally induced in senile plaque-associated astrocytes. Brain Res. 2012;1441:9-16 pubmed publisher..This might be related in sustained Ca²?-dependent exocytosis of various transmitters including glutamate, leading to the acceleration of neurodegeneration in the lesion observed in AD. ..
- Takeuchi F, Yamamoto K, Isono M, Katsuya T, Akiyama K, Ohnaka K, et al. Genetic impact on uric acid concentration and hyperuricemia in the Japanese population. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2013;20:351-67 pubmed..Further investigation is warranted to efficiently use the knowledge about genetic factors in combination with modifiable risk factors when we decide an individual's treatment strategy for hyperuricemia. ..
- Matsushita N, Aruga A, Inoue Y, Kotera Y, Takeda K, Yamamoto M. Phase I clinical trial of a peptide vaccine combined with tegafur-uracil plus leucovorin for treatment of advanced or recurrent colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:951-9 pubmed publisher..Kaplan?Meier analysis indicated that patients who had a strong CTL reaction had a tendency to have longer progression?free survival and overall survival. ..
- Kitamura Y, Akiyama T, Sasaki H, Hayashi Y, Yoshida K. Optic nerve seeding of atypical meningiomas presenting with subacute visual loss: 2 case reports with genetic characterization. J Neurosurg. 2013;119:494-8 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggest that genetic characteristics, such as 1p and 10qcen-23 losses and 17q and 20 gains, shared by the 2 cases might be associated with CSF dissemination of meningiomas. ..
- Morita K, Kobayashi M. Interactive programs with preschool children bring smiles and conversation to older adults: time-sampling study. BMC Geriatr. 2013;13:111 pubmed publisher..The intergenerational programs provide opportunities to fulfil basic human needs and reintegrate older adults into society. Further development of such beneficial programs is warranted. UMIN-CTR clinical Trial: UMIN000010439. ..
- Nozue M, Shimazu T, Sasazuki S, Charvat H, Mori N, Mutoh M, et al. Fermented Soy Product Intake Is Inversely Associated with the Development of High Blood Pressure: The Japan Public Health Center-Based Prospective Study. J Nutr. 2017;147:1749-1756 pubmed publisher..597).Conclusions: The intake of fermented soy products, but not total or nonfermented soy products, was inversely associated with developing high BP in men and women with normal BP. ..
- Yamada Y, Ohmi K, Tsunematu R, Yokota H, Yamada T, Tanemura K, et al. Gynandroblastoma of the ovary having a typical morphological appearance: a case study. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 1991;21:62-8 pubmed..Pre-operative serum hormonal assays indicated elevated levels of estrone, estradiol and testosterone, and low levels of gonadotropins. These returned to normal after surgery...
- Nagata Y, Fujino Y, Matsumoto S, Nishi M, Ono A, Mochizuki M, et al. Ocular manifestations in Japanese patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 1993;37:275-81 pubmed..The ocular signs were also seen in 71% of the ARC cases and 37% of the AC cases. In Japanese HIV-seropositive patients, ocular manifestations are also as common as in Western HIV-seropositive patients...
- Koizumi M, Nomura E, Yamada Y, Takiguchi T, Tanaka K, Yoshimoto M, et al. Sentinel node detection using 99mTc-rhenium sulphide colloid in breast cancer patients: evaluation of 1 day and 2 day protocols, and a dose-finding study. Nucl Med Commun. 2003;24:663-70 pubmed..4 MBq for the 1 day protocol and 37 MBq for the 2 day protocol. Patients with larger BMI and older or post-menopausal patients tend to take up less 99mTc colloid...
- Nakashima J, Tanimoto A, Imai Y, Mukai M, Horiguchi Y, Nakagawa K, et al. Endorectal MRI for prediction of tumor site, tumor size, and local extension of prostate cancer. Urology. 2004;64:101-5 pubmed..0%, and 83.1%, respectively, for local staging. The results of the present study suggest that endorectal MRI is useful for predicting local extension, as well as tumor site and tumor size, of cancer foci greater than 1.0 cm in diameter. ..