Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Kagoshima, Japan
Locale: Kagoshima, Japan
Publications172 found, 100 shown here
- Kakura H, Miyahara K, Sohara H, Amitani S, Koga M, Moriyama Y, et al. Isolated levocardia associated with absence of inferior vena cava, lobulated spleen and sick sinus syndrome. A case report. Jpn Heart J. 1998;39:235-41 pubmed..However, there are few cases of isolated levocardia without intracardiac anomaly complicated by the absence of the inferior vena cava, a lobulated spleen and apparent sick sinus syndrome. ..
- Arigami T, Natsugoe S, Uenosono Y, Arima H, Mataki Y, Ehi K, et al. Lymphatic invasion using D2-40 monoclonal antibody and its relationship to lymph node micrometastasis in pN0 gastric cancer. Br J Cancer. 2005;93:688-93 pubmed..We demonstrated a high incidence of micrometastasis and lymphatic invasion and a correlation between them even in pN0 gastric cancer. When planning less invasive treatment, the presence of such occult cancer cells should be considered...
- Takumi T, Lee S, Hamasaki S, Toyonaga K, Kanda D, Kusumoto K, et al. Limitation of angiography to identify the culprit plaque in acute myocardial infarction with coronary total occlusion utility of coronary plaque temperature measurement to identify the culprit plaque. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;50:2197-203 pubmed..3 mm distal, 95% CI 0.3 mm proximal to 1.0 mm distal, p = 0.293) in patients with total occlusion. Temperature measurement of coronary plaque enables accurate localization of the culprit plaque in AMI with coronary total occlusion. ..
- Yamada K, Azuma K, Takeshita M, Uchino J, Nishida C, Suetsugu T, et al. Phase II Trial of Erlotinib in Elderly Patients with Previously Treated Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Results of the Lung Oncology Group in Kyushu (LOGiK-0802). Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2881-7 pubmed
- Inui T, Amitani H, Kubo K, Kuchiike D, Uto Y, Nishikata T, et al. Case Report: A Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Patient Treated with GcMAF, Sonodynamic Therapy and Tumor Treating Fields. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3767-70 pubmed
- Matsunaga S, Sakou T, Arishima Y, Koga H, Hayashi K, Komiya S. Quality of life in elderly patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2001;26:494-8 pubmed..The study data suggest that surgical treatment should be chosen for patients exhibiting moderate myelopathy to obtain satisfactory quality of life for them over a long period. ..
- Iino S, Abeyama K, Kawahara K, Yamakuchi M, Hashiguchi T, Matsukita S, et al. The antimetastatic role of thrombomodulin expression in islet cell-derived tumors and its diagnostic value. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:6179-88 pubmed..In addition, thrombomodulin is a clinically useful molecular marker not only for identifying beta-cell-origin islet cell tumors (i.e., insulinomas) but also for predicting disease prognosis of islet cell tumors. ..
- Tofuku K, Koga H, Yone K, Komiya S. Continuous irrigation in pyogenic spondylitis accompanied by iliopsoas abscess. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007;32:E382-7 pubmed..A retrospective assessment of 12 patients with pyogenic spondylitis accompanied by iliopsoas abscess treated by continuous irrigation with our new method between March 2003 and July 2005...
- Nakajo M, Jinnouchi S, Tanabe H, Tateno R, Nakajo M. 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography features of idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2007;31:539-43 pubmed..To evaluate the 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) uptake features of idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis (IRF)...
- Matsuura E, Umehara F, Nose H, Higuchi I, Matsuoka E, Izumi K, et al. Inclusion body myositis associated with human T-lymphotropic virus-type I infection: eleven patients from an endemic area in Japan. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008;67:41-9 pubmed..This study suggests that HTLV-I infection may be one of the causes of sporadic inclusion body myositis, as has been reported in human immunodeficiency virus type-1 infection...
- Kajiya T, Orihara K, Hamasaki S, Oba R, Hirai H, Nagata K, et al. Toll-like receptor 2 expression level on monocytes in patients with viral infections: monitoring infection severity. J Infect. 2008;57:249-59 pubmed publisher..Clinical observations of other viral infections also indicated that TLR2 levels were compatible with infection severity. TLR2 expression level on monocytes might serve as a unique biomarker useful in viral infectious diseases. ..
- Tanaka M, Nagai T, Tsuneyoshi Y, Sunahara N, Matsuda T, Nakamura T, et al. Expansion of a unique macrophage subset in rheumatoid arthritis synovial lining layer. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;154:38-47 pubmed publisher..Expansion of Z39Ig+CD11c+cells was characteristic of RA synovial lining layer. ..
- Sasaki K, Natsugoe S, Ishigami S, Matsumoto M, Okumura H, Setoyama T, et al. Significance of Twist expression and its association with E-cadherin in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2009;28:158 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of Twist and E-cadherin expressions should be useful for determining tumor properties, including prognosis, in patients with ESCC. ..
- Yoshioka T, Harada M, Umekita Y, Taguchi S, Higashi M, Nakamura D, et al. Necrotizing sialometaplasia of the parotid gland associated with angiocentric T-cell lymphoma: a case report and review of the literature. Pathol Int. 2010;60:326-9 pubmed publisher..Although necrotizing sialometaplasia is relatively rare in the parotid gland, angiocentric T-cell lymphoma should be considered for a causative condition of necrotizing sialometaplasia. ..
- Tofuku K, Koga H, Ijiri K, Ishidou Y, Yamamoto T, Zenmyo M, et al. Combined posterior and delayed staged mini-open anterior short-segment fusion for thoracolumbar burst fractures. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2012;25:38-46 pubmed publisher..A prospective study...
- Hirasada K, Niimura H, Kubozono T, Nakamura A, Tatebo M, Ogawa S, et al. Values of cardio-ankle vascular index (CAVI) between Amami islands and Kagoshima mainland among health checkup examinees. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2012;19:69-80 pubmed..CAVI values in Amami residents were significantly lower than in mainland residents, suggesting that environmental or genetic factors might have improved arterial stiffness in the Amami population. ..
- Arigami T, Uenosono Y, Ishigami S, Hagihara T, Haraguchi N, Matsushita D, et al. Expression of stanniocalcin 1 as a potential biomarker of gastric cancer. Oncology. 2012;83:158-64 pubmed publisher..032 and p = 0.013, respectively). Our data strongly suggest that STC 1 is a potentially useful blood marker for predicting biological tumor aggressiveness in patients with gastric cancer. ..
- Matsuda A, Higashi M, Nakagawa T, Yokoyama S, Kuno A, Yonezawa S, et al. Assessment of tumor characteristics based on glycoform analysis of membrane-tethered MUC1. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1103-1113 pubmed publisher..Our approach provides the information to investigate novel glycodynamics in biology, for example, glycoalteration, as well as diseases related to not only MUC1 but also other membrane proteins. ..
- Masuda H, Moriyama Y, Toda R, Shimokawa S, Iguro Y, Watanabe S, et al. The influence of human T lymphotropic virus type I infection on the outcome of cardiovascular surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2000;120:699-706 pubmed..However, this synergistic effect seems to be transient and has little influence on long-term prognosis. ..
- Okumura H, Natsugoe S, Matsumoto M, Mataki Y, Takatori H, Ishigami S, et al. The predictive value of p53, p53R2, and p21 for the effect of chemoradiation therapy on oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2005;92:284-9 pubmed..0014). We demonstrated that the negative expression of p53 and p53R2 expression was closely related to the effect of CRT and should predict the CRT outcome in patients with ESCC. ..
- Arita K, Tominaga A, Sugiyama K, Eguchi K, Iida K, Sumida M, et al. Natural course of incidentally found nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma, with special reference to pituitary apoplexy during follow-up examination. J Neurosurg. 2006;104:884-91 pubmed..During the 5-year follow up, pituitary apoplexy developed in 9.5%. These findings may justify early intervention, especially in young individuals with incidentally found macroadenoma. ..
- Umehara M, Yamaguchi A, Itakura S, Suenaga M, Sakaki Y, Nakashiki K, et al. Repeated waon therapy improves pulmonary hypertension during exercise in patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Cardiol. 2008;51:106-13 pubmed publisher..2 (p = 0.002). In addition, no adverse effects were observed related to Waon therapy. Repeated Waon therapy improved right ventricular positive dP/dt, PH during exercise, exercise tolerance and the QOL in patients with severe COPD. ..
- Hayashi T, Ago K, Ago M, Ogata M. Two patterns of beta-amyloid precursor protein (APP) immunoreactivity in cases of blunt head injury. Leg Med (Tokyo). 2009;11 Suppl 1:S171-3 pubmed publisher..Trials and tribulations of using beta-amyloid precursor protein immunohistochemistry to evaluate traumatic brain injury in adults. Forensic Sci Int 2004;146:89-96]. ..
- Kawakami K, Enokida H, Chiyomaru T, Tatarano S, Yoshino H, Kagara I, et al. The functional significance of miR-1 and miR-133a in renal cell carcinoma. Eur J Cancer. 2012;48:827-36 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that up-regulation of the oncogenic TAGLN2 was due to down-regulation of tumour-suppressive miR-1 and miR-133a in human RCC. ..
- Ki i Y, Yamashita T, Uemura A, Sakamoto T. Long-term intraocular pressure changes after combined phacoemulsification, intraocular lens implantation, and vitrectomy. Jpn J Ophthalmol. 2013;57:57-62 pubmed publisher..The change in the IOP after phacovitrectomy may be limited, and care when using this procedure because some eyes show increased IOP compared to the fellow eye after a long period. ..
- Arigami T, Uenosono Y, Ishigami S, Yanagita S, Hagihara T, Haraguchi N, et al. Clinical significance of stanniocalcin 2 expression as a predictor of tumor progression in gastric cancer. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2838-44 pubmed publisher..014). Our results indicate that STC2 could be a useful molecular blood marker for predicting tumor progression by monitoring CTCs in patients with gastric cancer. ..
- Kamiya K, Aoyama Y, Yamaguchi M, Ukida A, Mizuno Ikeda K, Fujii K, et al. Clues to diagnosis for unusual mucosal pemphigus demonstrating undetectable anti-desmoglein 3 serum antibodies by routine tests. J Dermatol. 2015;42:572-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the detection of morphological changes in Dsg3 distribution and highly sensitive ELISA method could be useful for the early diagnosis of PV recurrence. ..
- Fujino K, Motooka Y, Koga T, Osumi H, Matsubara E, Shibata H, et al. Novel approach to pleurodesis with 50Â % glucose for air leakage after lung resection or pneumothorax. Surg Today. 2016;46:599-602 pubmed publisher..Pleurodesis with 50Â % glucose is an easy, safe, and effective treatment modality. It is therefore considered to be a useful alternative method for pleurodesis. ..
- Miyamoto Y, Tsuji A, Tanioka H, Maekawa S, Kawanaka H, Kitazono M, et al. S-1 and irinotecan plus bevacizumab as second-line chemotherapy for patients with oxaliplatin-refractory metastatic colorectal cancer: a multicenter phase II study in Japan (KSCC1102). Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:705-712 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that the combination of S-1 and irinotecan plus bevacizumab is effective and tolerable as second-line chemotherapy for patients with oxaliplatin-refractory mCRC. ..
- Arigami T, Uenosono Y, Ishigami S, Yanagita S, Okubo K, Uchikado Y, et al. Clinical Significance of the Glasgow Prognostic Score in Patients with Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:6687-6690 pubmed..004 and p=0.024, respectively). The GPS, as well as NIH classification, is a promising blood predictor of disease recurrence in patients with resectable gastric GISTs. ..
- Maemura K, Mataki Y, Kurahara H, Kawasaki Y, Iino S, Sakoda M, et al. Gemcitabine and S-1 Induction Chemotherapy Followed by Chemoradiotherapy for Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancers. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:233-237 pubmed..4 vs. 17.3 months), but this increase was not statistically significant. Gemcitabine and S-1 combination chemotherapy, followed by CRT, is a promising IC regimen for treating LAPC. ..
- Tanuma J, Izumo T, Hirano M, Oyazato Y, Hori F, Umemura E, et al. FGFR4 polymorphism, TP53 mutation, and their combinations are prognostic factors for oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:739-44 pubmed..Therefore, the FGFR4 Gly388Arg polymorphism and TP53 mutations, as well as their combinations, are excellent predictors of the prognosis for OSCC patients. ..
- Yamaura I, Yone K, Nakahara S, Nagamine T, Baba H, Uchida K, et al. Mechanism of destructive pathologic changes in the spinal cord under chronic mechanical compression. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002;27:21-6 pubmed..Spinal cord cell apoptosis may produce destructive changes in the spinal cord under chronic compression, with a resulting irreversible neurologic deficit. ..
- Kataoka T, Hamasaki S, Ishida S, Saihara K, Okui H, Fukudome T, et al. Contribution of increased minimal coronary resistance and attenuated vascular adaptive remodeling to myocardial ischemia in patients with systemic hypertension and ventricular hypertrophy. Am J Cardiol. 2004;94:484-7 pubmed..These changes may occur in association with lumen reduction caused by attenuated adaptive remodeling in response to plaque accumulation...
- Arigami T, Natsugoe S, Uenosono Y, Yanagita S, Ehi K, Arima H, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor-C and -D expression correlates with lymph node micrometastasis in pN0 early gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2009;99:148-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, levels of VEGF-C and -D expression might be useful for predicting micrometastasis in patients with early gastric cancer. ..
- Anan R, Shono H, Tei C. Novel cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain gene missense mutations (R869C and R870C) that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Hum Mutat. 2000;15:584 pubmed
- Kanekura T, Kawahara K, Maruyama I, Kanzaki T. Treatment of pyoderma gangrenosum with granulocyte and monocyte adsorption apheresis. Ther Apher Dial. 2005;9:292-6 pubmed..The turgid skin lesions containing pustules and ulcers of the other patient showed amelioration and a marked decrease in the volume of exudate. Our results suggest that GCAP is a useful treatment modality for pyoderma gangrenosum. ..
- Okubo A, Ito M, Sameshima M, Uemura A, Sakamoto T. Pulsatile blood flow in the polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy. Ophthalmology. 2005;112:1436-41 pubmed..To describe patients with pulsatile polypoidal vessels in polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV)...
- Okayama N, Kakihana Y, Setoguchi D, Imabayashi T, Omae T, Matsunaga A, et al. Clinical effects of a neutrophil elastase inhibitor, sivelestat, in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome. J Anesth. 2006;20:6-10 pubmed..5 days; P < 0.05). However, the mortality rate at 29 days did not statistically differ between the two groups. Our results suggested that sivelestat has a beneficial effect only on the pulmonary function of ARDS patients with SIRS. ..
- Arimura K, Nakagawa M, Izumo S, Usuku K, Itoyama Y, Kira J, et al. Safety and efficacy of interferon-alpha in 167 patients with human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1-associated myelopathy. J Neurovirol. 2007;13:364-72 pubmed..7%). A total of 536 adverse drug reactions (ADRs) occurred in 146 patients, 46 of which were serious. Because some of these ADRs occurred late, it is necessary to watch out for them during long-term treatment. ..
- Fujiwara H, Arima N, Ohtsubo H, Matsumoto T, Kukita T, Kawada H, et al. Clinical significance of serum neuron-specific enolase in patients with adult T-cell leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2002;71:80-4 pubmed..Serum NSE may be a novel marker of disease aggressiveness as well as a prognostic factor for ATL. ..
- Tsutsumida H, Goto M, Kitajima S, Kubota I, Hirotsu Y, Yonezawa S. Combined status of MUC1 mucin and surfactant apoprotein A expression can predict the outcome of patients with small-size lung adenocarcinoma. Histopathology. 2004;44:147-55 pubmed..A high MUC1/SP-A ratio is strongly associated with a poor outcome in patients with small-size lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Gokuden M, Ishitani K, Yoshikuni K, Ueno N, Shinkawa N, Kuramoto T, et al. Epidemiology of tsutsugamushi disease and Japanese spotted fever in Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan. Jpn J Infect Dis. 2006;59:273 pubmed
- Oyama J, Tanaka A, Sato Y, Tomiyama H, Sata M, Ishizu T, et al. Rationale and design of a multicenter randomized study for evaluating vascular function under uric acid control using the xanthine oxidase inhibitor, febuxostat: the PRIZE study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:87 pubmed publisher..Trial Registration Unique trial Number, UMIN000012911 ( https://upload.umin.ac.jp/cgi-open-bin/ctr/ctr.cgi?function=brows&action=brows&type=summary&recptno=R000015081&language=E ). ..
- Shibahara H, Tamada S, Higashi M, Goto M, Batra S, Hollingsworth M, et al. MUC4 is a novel prognostic factor of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma-mass forming type. Hepatology. 2004;39:220-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the results suggest that expression of MUC4 in ICC-MF is a new independent factor for poor prognosis and is a useful marker to predict the outcome of the patients with ICC-MF. ..
- Matsunaga S, Sakou T, Taketomi E, Komiya S. Clinical course of patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament: a minimum 10-year cohort study. J Neurosurg. 2004;100:245-8 pubmed..Results of this long-term cohort study elucidated the clinical course of OPLL following conservative or surgical management. Surgery proved effective for the management of patients with Nurick Grades 3 and 4 myelopathy. ..
- Hamada T, Torikai M, Kuwazuru A, Tanaka M, Horai N, Fukuda T, et al. Extracellular high mobility group box chromosomal protein 1 is a coupling factor for hypoxia and inflammation in arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:2675-85 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that tissue hypoxia and its resultant extracellular HMGB-1 might play an important role in the development of arthritis. ..
- Shibahara H, Tamada S, Goto M, Oda K, Nagino M, Nagasaka T, et al. Pathologic features of mucin-producing bile duct tumors: two histopathologic categories as counterparts of pancreatic intraductal papillary-mucinous neoplasms. Am J Surg Pathol. 2004;28:327-38 pubmed
- Ishigami S, Natsugoe S, Miyazono F, Tokuda K, Nakajo A, Matsumoto M, et al. CD3 zeta expression of regional lymph node and peripheral blood lymphocytes in gastric cancer. Anticancer Res. 2004;24:2123-6 pubmed..Identifying such patients during the perioperative period using flow cytometric methods will increase the efficacy of cytokine therapy aiming to normalize CD3 zeta expression levels. ..
- Yahata H, Kobayashi H, Sonoda K, Shimokawa M, Ohgami T, Saito T, et al. Efficacy of aprepitant for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting with a moderately emetogenic chemotherapy regimen: a multicenter, placebo-controlled, double-blind, randomized study in patients with gynecologic cancer receiving p. Int J Clin Oncol. 2016;21:491-7 pubmed publisher..The administration of aprepitant did not have a prophylactic effect on the HSR but was effective in reducing nausea and vomiting in gynecologic cancer patients receiving TC combination chemotherapy. ..
- Kihara T, Biro S, Ikeda Y, Fukudome T, Shinsato T, Masuda A, et al. Effects of repeated sauna treatment on ventricular arrhythmias in patients with chronic heart failure. Circ J. 2004;68:1146-51 pubmed..05] in the sauna-treated group compared with the non-treated group. Repeated sauna treatment improves ventricular arrhythmias in patients with CHF. ..
- Ueyama K, Miyata M, Kubozono T, Nagaki A, Hamasaki S, Ueyama S, et al. Noninvasive indices of arterial stiffness in hemodialysis patients. Hypertens Res. 2009;32:716-20 pubmed publisher..We also measured baPWV and CAVI immediately before and after HD, and showed CAVI was influenced by changes in water volume. Both baPWV and CAVI are therefore useful indices of arterial stiffness in HD patients. ..
- Inui T, Katsuura G, Kubo K, Kuchiike D, Chenery L, Uto Y, et al. Case Report: GcMAF Treatment in a Patient with Multiple Sclerosis. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3771-4 pubmed..GcMAF shows therapeutic potency in the treatment of MS. ..
- Takatori H, Natsugoe S, Okumura H, Matsumoto M, Uchikado Y, Setoyama T, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 expression is related to prognosis in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2008;34:397-402 pubmed..COX-2 overexpression was significantly correlated with depth of invasion, tumor stage and survival in ESCC. Evaluation of COX-2 expression should be useful for determining tumor properties, including prognosis, in patients with ESCC. ..
- Kozako T, Yoshimitsu M, Akimoto M, White Y, Matsushita K, Soeda S, et al. Programmed death-1 (PD-1)/PD-1 ligand pathway-mediated immune responses against human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) in HTLV-1-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis and carriers with autoimmune disorders. Hum Immunol. 2011;72:1001-6 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of PD-1 on HTLV-1-specific CTLs and loss of PD-L1 expression in HAM/TSP and CAIDs, along with impaired function of HTLV-1-specific CTLs in HAM/TSP, may underlie the apparently dysfunctional immune response against HTLV-1. ..
- Matsune S, Kono M, Sun D, Ushikai M, Kurono Y. Hypoxia in paranasal sinuses of patients with chronic sinusitis with or without the complication of nasal allergy. Acta Otolaryngol. 2003;123:519-23 pubmed
- Kobayashi K, Bang Lu Y, Xian Li M, Nishi I, Hsiao K, Choeh K, et al. Screening of nine SLC25A13 mutations: their frequency in patients with citrin deficiency and high carrier rates in Asian populations. Mol Genet Metab. 2003;80:356-9 pubmed
- Kita Y, Natsugoe S, Okumura H, Matsumoto M, Uchikado Y, Setoyama T, et al. Expression of osteopontin in oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:634-8 pubmed..As our findings suggest that Osteopontin may play an important role in progress of ESCC, the evaluation of Osteopontin expression is useful for predicting the malignant properties of ESCC. ..
- Kubota K, Otsuji Y, Ueno T, Koriyama C, Levine R, Sakata R, et al. Functional mitral stenosis after surgical annuloplasty for ischemic mitral regurgitation: importance of subvalvular tethering in the mechanism and dynamic deterioration during exertion. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;140:617-23 pubmed publisher
- Ouchi K, Uno H, Sugiyama K. [A case of tracheal intubation for apnea with epidural opioid in recovery room after operation under general anesthesia]. Masui. 2013;62:1237-40 pubmed..Postoperative apnea was rationalized as follows; tardy respiratory depression with the epidural administration, and unexpected dosage of the residual fentanyl in the catheter. ..
- Yamasaki K, Matsui T, Hisabe T, Yano Y, Hirai F, Morokuma T, et al. Retrospective Analysis of Growth Speed of 54 Lesions of Colitis-associated Colorectal Neoplasia. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3731-40 pubmed..It will be necessary to proactively take biopsy inflammatory mucosal lesions in order to discover tumors early and periodic surveillance should be performed with the knowledge that tumors may grow very quickly. ..
- Akimoto M, Kozako T, Sawada T, Matsushita K, Ozaki A, Hamada H, et al. Anti-HTLV-1 tax antibody and tax-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte are associated with a reduction in HTLV-1 proviral load in asymptomatic carriers. J Med Virol. 2007;79:977-86 pubmed..Tax-specific CTL may reduce HTLV-1 proviral load to prevent asymptomatic carriers from developing adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma...
- Matsunaga S, Nakamura K, Seichi A, Yokoyama T, Toh S, Ichimura S, et al. Radiographic predictors for the development of myelopathy in patients with ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament: a multicenter cohort study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008;33:2648-50 pubmed publisher..Fifteen patients of 156 subjects developed trauma-induced myelopathy. Of the 15 patients, 13 had mixed-type OPLL and 2 had segmental-type OPLL. Static and dynamic factors were related to the development of myelopathy in OPLL. ..
- Ishigami S, Ueno S, Arigami T, Arima H, Uchikado Y, Kita Y, et al. Clinical implication of CD166 expression in gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2011;103:57-61 pubmed publisher..5 months) had a significantly poorer outcome than CD166-negative group (median 25.7 months range 1.4-106 months) (P?<?0.05). Membranous CD166-positivity may contribute to one of the promising prognostic markers in gastric cancer. ..
- Arigami T, Uenosono Y, Hirata M, Yanagita S, Ishigami S, Natsugoe S. B7-H3 expression in gastric cancer: a novel molecular blood marker for detecting circulating tumor cells. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:1019-24 pubmed publisher..02). Multivariate analysis demonstrated that B7-H3 expression was an independent prognostic factor (P = 0.046). Our results indicate that B7-H3 appears to be a useful blood marker for predicting tumor progression in gastric cancer. ..
- Nakano T, Uemura A, Sakamoto T. Incidence of iatrogenic peripheral retinal breaks in 23-gauge vitrectomy for macular diseases. Retina. 2011;31:1997-2001 pubmed publisher..The difference was statistically significant (P = 0.0023). The incidence of iatrogenic peripheral retinal breaks during vitrectomy for macular diseases is significantly lower in 23-gauge vitrectomy than in 20-gauge vitrectomy. ..
- Hatanaka K, Yoshioka T, Tasaki T, Tanimoto A. Paratesticular dedifferentiated liposarcoma with leiomyosarcomatous differentiation: a case report with a review of literature. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:142 pubmed publisher..We diagnosed of DL with leiomyosarcomatous differentiation. The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/1484291498104021. ..
- Ragin C, Obikoya Malomo M, Kim S, Chen Z, Flores Obando R, Gibbs D, et al. HPV-associated lung cancers: an international pooled analysis. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1267-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings confirm that HPV DNA is present in a small fraction of lung tumors, with large geographic variations. Further comprehensive analysis is needed to assess whether this association reflects a causal relationship. ..
- Sonoda M, Higashi K, Shimokawahara H, Tanaka H, Kashima K, Nakamura K. [Multiple atrial ball thrombi with stalk mimicking myxoma without valve disease: a case report]. J Cardiol. 2007;49:287-93 pubmed..The tumors were surgically removed and histologic examination of these tumors confirmed organization thrombus. This case of multiple atrial ball thrombi illustrates the problems with differentiation of myxoma and thrombus. ..
- Kijima Y, Yoshinaka H, Koriyama C, Funasako Y, Natsugoe S, Aikou T. Ultrasound examination is useful for prediction of histologic type in invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2008;34:517-24 pubmed..It is important to preoperatively estimate the histologic type by tumor property using US. Our US classifications may be useful to pick up high-risk patients for nodal metastasis in invasive breast cancer. ..
- Kuwahata S, Fujita S, Orihara K, Hamasaki S, Oba R, Hirai H, et al. High expression level of Toll-like receptor 2 on monocytes is an important risk factor for arteriosclerotic disease. Atherosclerosis. 2010;209:248-54 pubmed publisher..002), HT (p=0.001), HL (p<0.001), and TLR2 level (p<0.001) were identified as significant contributors for arteriosclerotic disease. High TLR2 expression level on monocytes may be an independent risk factor for atherogenesis. ..
- Matsumoto K, Kanazawa N, Ikawa K, Fukamizu T, Shigemi A, Yaji K, et al. Determination of teicoplanin trough concentration target and appropriate total dose during the first 3 days: a retrospective study in patients with MRSA infections. J Infect Chemother. 2010;16:193-9 pubmed publisher..5%, respectively. These results suggest that the administration of >or=36 mg/kg during the first 3 days is appropriate to promptly obtain a trough concentration target of >or=13 mg/L for the initial treatment of MRSA infections. ..
- Higashi M, Yamada N, Yokoyama S, Kitamoto S, Tabata K, Koriyama C, et al. Pathobiological implications of MUC16/CA125 expression in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma-mass forming type. Pathobiology. 2012;79:101-6 pubmed publisher..005). The current results indicate that MUC16 expression is a prognostic factor of poor survival in ICC-MF. ..
- Fukase H, Furuie H, Yasuda Y, Komatsu R, Matsushita K, Minami T, et al. Assessment of the immunogenicity and safety of varying doses of an MF59®-adjuvanted cell culture-derived A/H1N1 pandemic influenza vaccine in Japanese paediatric, adult and elderly subjects. Vaccine. 2012;30:5030-7 pubmed publisher
- Yamasaki T, Seki N, Yamada Y, Yoshino H, Hidaka H, Chiyomaru T, et al. Tumor suppressive microRNA?138 contributes to cell migration and invasion through its targeting of vimentin in renal cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:805-17 pubmed publisher..The existence of a tumor suppressive miR?138-mediated oncogenic pathway provides new insights into the potential mechanisms of RCC oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Kojima S, Enokida H, Yoshino H, Itesako T, Chiyomaru T, Kinoshita T, et al. The tumor-suppressive microRNA-143/145 cluster inhibits cell migration and invasion by targeting GOLM1 in prostate cancer. J Hum Genet. 2014;59:78-87 pubmed publisher..Our data on target genes regulated by the tumor-suppressive miR-143/145 cluster provide new insights into the potential mechanisms of PCa oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Umehara F, Abe M, Koreeda Y, Izumo S, Osame M. Axonal damage revealed by accumulation of beta-amyloid precursor protein in HTLV-I-associated myelopathy. J Neurol Sci. 2000;176:95-101 pubmed..Impairment of fast axonal transport may contribute to the development of disability in patients with HAM/TSP. ..
- Saheki T, Kobayashi K. Mitochondrial aspartate glutamate carrier (citrin) deficiency as the cause of adult-onset type II citrullinemia (CTLN2) and idiopathic neonatal hepatitis (NICCD). J Hum Genet. 2002;47:333-41 pubmed..It is, however, still difficult to understand the cause of the hepatic deficiency of argininosuccinate synthetase protein in CTLN2...
- Sato T, Indo H, Kawabata Y, Kobayashi T, Suenaga S, Iwashita Y, et al. Thallium-201 chloride (Tl-201) accumulation and Na+/K+-ATPase expression in tumours of the head and neck. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2005;34:212-7 pubmed..The purpose of this report was to evaluate the relationship between the tumour retention index of thallium-201 chloride (Tl-201) scintigraphy and the Na+/K+-ATPase expression in tumours of the head and neck...
- Okumura H, Natsugoe S, Matsumoto M, Yokomakura N, Uchikado Y, Takatori H, et al. Predictive value of p53 and 14-3-3sigma for the effect of chemoradiation therapy on esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Surg Oncol. 2005;91:84-9 pubmed..It is clinically useful to examine the expression of these genes in biopsy specimens for predicting the CRT outcomes in patients with ESCC. ..
- Akimoto M, Matsushita K, Suruga Y, Aoki N, Ozaki A, Uozumi K, et al. Clinical manifestations of human T lymphotropic virus type I-infected patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 2007;34:1841-8 pubmed..012). This is the first report of the differences in clinical manifestations between SLE patients with and without HTLV-I infection. Our results suggest some involvement of HTLV-I in the pathogenesis of SLE. ..
- Nagata T, Nakamura Y, Kariatsumari K, Fukumori K. [Experience of successful treatment for a case of intractable chronic empyema with a bronchopleural fistula]. Kyobu Geka. 2010;63:224-7 pubmed..The postoperative course was uneventful, and the patient was discharged on post-operative day 51...
- Funasako Y, Uenosono Y, Hirata M, Arigami T, Yanagita S, Arima H, et al. Utility of the GeneSearch breast lymph node assay for the rapid evaluation of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer. Cancer. 2010;116:4450-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, clinical intraoperative use of the BLN assay for SLNs may result in a reduction in the need for second surgery for ALND. ..
- Kurahara H, Takao S, Shinchi H, Maemura K, Mataki Y, Sakoda M, et al. Significance of lymphangiogenesis in primary tumor and draining lymph nodes during lymphatic metastasis of pancreatic head cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2010;102:809-15 pubmed publisher..0001). Lymphangiogenesis in primary tumors and draining lymph nodes is essential for efficient spread of tumor cells through the lymphatic system. Thus, inhibition of lymphangiogenesis could limit lymphatic dissemination of tumor cells. ..
- Aoki M, Ishigami S, Uenosono Y, Arigami T, Uchikado Y, Kita Y, et al. Expression of BMP-7 in human gastric cancer and its clinical significance. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:714-8 pubmed publisher..We can use BMP-7 expression as one of the strong predictors of risk of tumour recurrence in gastric cancer. ..